Speaker 1: Consumer said, here's some of the first bets from Jason Loan while we're.
Speaker 2: On breaky cool everyone the purpose in the house.
Speaker 3: Jason Lawrence, tell me what you know.
Speaker 2: Each week women getting someone in from the force, different departments.
Speaker 4: We had a negotiator in the other week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we love this segment.
Speaker 2: I was using his skills to try and get one of the kids out of their room the other day. I did the whole joke thing because you know how he said, you're not funny, but that it works. He opened the door and said, Dad, you're not funny, and our sympathy my kid left the room.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I remember that police negotiator said to get someone off of rufie.
Speaker 5: I said, if you make me laugh, I'll get.
Speaker 4: Down no matter how bad. This week's a bit of a different one. We have.
Speaker 2: As If who is a custody officer supervisor working for the police. This guy has a photographic memory which would one hundred percent come in andy for your job.
Speaker 4: Good morning, mate, how are you.
Speaker 7: Good morning guys, Thanks for having me in your show. It's really good to have to be here.
Speaker 2: So run us through how your photographic memory skill comes in comes in play when it comes to policing.
Speaker 7: Oh well, if I meet someone, I just don't forget him like you never when I see him, how he behaves like he NeDi end doesn't matter like another one I dealt with him. Let's suppose like Nearty two years ago, I still remember his face and the name as well.
Speaker 6: So it says here that there was a case where more than one hundred thousand dollars in sunglasses has had been stolen, and there was a photo circulated and you remembered this person from dealing with him back in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 7: Eight.
Speaker 8: Yep, that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I dealt with him in two thousand and night and I could remember the time as well, and I could remember where this what discussion I had with him.
Speaker 5: That is amazing. And what is it?
Speaker 6: Is it people's faces that you recognize or is it tattoos or is it.
Speaker 5: The way they walk?
Speaker 7: I just simply like you know, the how they're like he needy behave like standing posture, anyone's hand movements, all.
Speaker 5: Their mannerisms and everything.
Speaker 6: Because I often watch those crime stopper ads and I think I know that person. I seen that person before, don't you.
Speaker 2: Sometimes with the crime stoppers the recreation, so you might have seen them all.
Speaker 3: Saints as I needed you at university?
Speaker 1: Where were you when I was trying to remember quotes from books and all that.
Speaker 4: A readon funny enough?
Speaker 2: So obviously you've got a photographic memory when it comes to policing. What about at home? Like like, I'm pretty good where I watch my wife put her keys on mobile phone down. Oh, you're never losing them, and I'll remember that, and lou will message me during the show like, hey, babe, do you know where my keys are? And I know I can go, Yeah, blue couch, left hand side.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's the same thing with my wife as well. You know this is that I just relate on your subways. Please don't leave me.
Speaker 4: Where have you ever lost your carrot? Chad?
Speaker 6: He'd never lose anything. Do you remember people's names and their stories as well? Or just you're like I know that person.
Speaker 7: No, I just most of the people who I dealt with them that I just remember their names as well, so it's easy to give their names like you.
Speaker 5: And when did you realize you had this amazing skill?
Speaker 7: Well, it's when I joined the Big Pole, you know, the twenty sixteen, the first one the person I identified because of one of my sergeant going through the footages and I said, oh, yeah, I know this guy and she's just looking at me.
Speaker 8: Who'sy I said, that's his name, and she goes.
Speaker 6: Soon go into the police force. Because you knew you had this incredible skill. You realized it once you joined.
Speaker 7: No, I've once I joined it, like and I started picking people like you from the steels of this guy him, this guy him, and.
Speaker 1: So these are all people of interest basically, it's POI. And then you will they'll throw you some CCTV. You'll go through CCTV and you'll be like, I've seen him before.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a South Melbourne market.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you're like on Law and Order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they put the photo into the system and the system is going to shoo the system.
Speaker 4: You're the systems in Law and Order.
Speaker 7: It's recognition. You can say, like, you know what I mean. And they having said that, then people start saying, oh, you are super recognized. I never knew, so I just google it and I found out in the UK, in Scotland, they have the whole squad of people like you. Yeah, they're just like their job is to like they only look at the court through the footage.
Speaker 3: I have a medium or as well, she did some great work. It was the medium like a psyche.
Speaker 4: A medium.
Speaker 6: Law in order is not actually a true representation of what happens you see if but do you like see people and think, oh, I remember him, I remember what he said to me in high school and how mean that was. And and now you said mini straight and you're a police officer, and just want to give him a piece of your mind.
Speaker 8: Like you know, I'm stopping on the lights.
Speaker 7: The people I dealt with them, you know, sometimes they just walk across the road.
Speaker 8: And I said, oh, yeah, that's you know.
Speaker 6: I mean, your wife would get away with nothing. I wouldn't want to be married to you.
Speaker 4: Where's the garbage guy around again this week?
Speaker 5: I didn't leave there. I didn't do that, did I remember?
Speaker 2: I've got a question. Okay, it's not the it's not the most serious police in question. But is it true members of the force get discounted drive throughs or in your uniform? Like have you ever rocked up at macas in your uniform and they've gone ten percent off?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 7: I never, I never done that. So I can't give the answer like, you know.
Speaker 4: Let's go to my next question.
Speaker 5: You know, police.
Speaker 6: Officers don't just sit around and eat donuts like in the Simpsons either.
Speaker 1: Again spoiler alert, are you good at that memory game? You know where you've got the cards and like tomato, you.
Speaker 3: Know you're good at that game.
Speaker 8: I give a shot, you know, I play that.
Speaker 3: He'd also be good at counting cards at the casino.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, he's a police officer.
Speaker 4: Down the crowd. Sign him up the deal or not?
Speaker 5: You'd remember where the briefcases were.
Speaker 6: In all seriousness, though, when has this skill come in handy?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 6: What are some of the cases that you've managed to blow wide open because of this extraordinary skill you have?
Speaker 7: Oh well, there is a lot, but I could give you the one example. The other day, you know, there was a POI they were looking for it. They identified too, but they couldn't identify the one and they still sensitive footage was like a pretty bad But I know straight away this guy when I dealt with him, I tap with him in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 5: And he kicked it straight away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I.
Speaker 7: Knew what time he came into my station and what was his what was he charged for?
Speaker 5: Like you know you remember the time in the day as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, and you know I'm in the ice rat was remember the member who dealt with him and he was involved in the kidnapping. And I within a not even a five minutes, I sent an email to the detective and he replied me back, that's amazing.
Speaker 8: Thanks going on like.
Speaker 5: You know, oh that isn't that is amazing.
Speaker 4: I wish we didn't meet you now, because.
Speaker 2: If we ever come up with a person of interest, you're going to be like April eighteen, wearing that silly hat on his head, fat little rang and pushing the buttons.
Speaker 6: But I know it's like a photographic memory, but do you haven't, Like I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, right? Do you remember like life events and things as well, or it's just you got to see an image.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do remember the life events as well. And I heard that thing as well. People come up to me and they said, oh, we can't even to remember what we had last night and the dinner, but you remember these things, and it's like, you know, well, it's just stuck in my head, you know, to the.
Speaker 2: To the cops ever get on the beers on a Friday, like a team meet and go hey, as if we're going to show you a photo and you tell them what crime they did and just and test out your memory for a bit of fun.
Speaker 4: Well, it's not like that.
Speaker 7: But when I went when I joined the Big Pool, and I went through some of the previous files and I start sending emails. Some of the members said, after two years, how come you know this guy? And I said, well, I dealt with him in the past, so I thought, I just he just never forgets.
Speaker 6: I'd want to bring out that red laser from the matrix and succum, Please don't remember this.
Speaker 4: You think about him Black?
Speaker 5: Did I help you at school?
Speaker 7: Because I remember the movie you mentioned about the UNI. I was in the tape and I've done a couple of time exams and the professor or like the teacher come up to me. What was the question? And I said, okay, these are one of the questions. And that was the page number, that was the paragraph number.
Speaker 8: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: Then you just start writing and then some of the students get upset. Why are you telling all these things to the teacher because you might got to help the other students to get the good grades.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I should borrow him?
Speaker 1: When I go out on the town at night so I can remember what I've done.
Speaker 5: I would be hanging out in the police offer.
Speaker 2: Also, have you remembered what you did? I don't think you'd ever go out again. Thank you so much for coming in this morning. The whole side of policing you didn't even know existed.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm interesting.
Speaker 4: I want to head to New Zealand.
Speaker 3: New Zealand across.
Speaker 5: The Apple Aisle. No, that's Tasmania is hard out.
Speaker 3: It's across the ditch.
Speaker 5: Across the Dutch. What does hard out mean?
Speaker 2: Everyone used it when I lived there. I was there for three years. Everyone's like, if i'd go, hey, are you coming for drinks tonight?
Speaker 5: Hard mean yes or no?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Hard out? That sounds like no to me. I'd be confused.
Speaker 4: I means yes, yes.
Speaker 5: That's confusing. New Zealanders are a bit bad.
Speaker 4: Bro, hard out man? You in for tonight?
Speaker 5: Hard out?
Speaker 3: Bro, I'm going to Sydney.
Speaker 6: Beach days, Bruce. Did anyone actually say beach days in New Zealand? If you're at the beach, you got beachs bro.
Speaker 4: No one got beach.
Speaker 2: Remember I was telling you the fish and chip shops are also Chinese takeaways.
Speaker 3: I don't mind it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing like a piece of flake with your lemon chicken. Weird New Zealand man has made headlines at the.
Speaker 5: Moment being beach does.
Speaker 4: He discovered.
Speaker 2: Firearms, a bunch of bullets and knives well wrapped and buried when he was using his metal detector.
Speaker 4: He borrowed.
Speaker 5: Most people don't find anything.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm surprised that the first five minutes of owning a metal detector and he has uncovered a weapon stash.
Speaker 5: What do you think they were? Like? Illegal weapons buried there for someone to come and dig up.
Speaker 4: Well, I think you burying legal AK forty seven's.
Speaker 5: Either why is it like from World War Two? Or something they've washed up and been possibly.
Speaker 1: I love seeing people using metal detectors in the wild.
Speaker 3: I sort of hang around just to see whether they can.
Speaker 2: Just stopping, get out that funny little shovel and then start digging.
Speaker 5: And it's a it's a bottle cap or something that they found.
Speaker 6: But then often those people find bits of jewelry and they don't even keep it. They go, oh, I found someone's wedding ring. Is this an amazing Yeah, you say weird things on the news like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was on by No Rescue because he lost his wedding ring and they bought in a guy with a metal detector, Yobo, Robbo and Louis this guy and he got his metal detector out and found the bloody did he found me?
Speaker 4: Jeez?
Speaker 3: That's good Strong.
Speaker 6: That's a little thing to lose on a big beach. He must have known the vicinity.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still, like, I wonder how much money they make because they would find yeah, plenty.
Speaker 4: Well, here's my question.
Speaker 5: I have never heard of anyone finding anything treasuresome.
Speaker 2: If they found even if they found a statue of cash, Lauren, would he give you the that they actually have a metal detector.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't date someone with a metal detector, no way.
Speaker 6: And if I fell head over heels in love with Paul, and I went back to his house and I said, what's that leaning next to the bed And he said, Dull.
Speaker 3: He's heading down the beach to do some detecting. To do some detection.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Forget the arm extended because it's so big.
Speaker 5: No offense.
Speaker 6: Anyone out there who hasn't mental detector in your room. I'm sure you cool guy, and I'm sure you pick up heaps and chicks.
Speaker 1: It's just not to be better couple detecting Lauren and he's in hers metal detectives.
Speaker 5: But there would be people that do that. It's not us.
Speaker 4: Today. You're digging and detect it's.
Speaker 5: Not for me.
Speaker 6: That did give me the instantly, yes to answer your question, that.
Speaker 4: Is medi seeing adults on scooters?
Speaker 5: Yes, Razor scooters?
Speaker 6: Yes? Is that actually what you're going to say? Adult should not go?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 5: Scooters?
Speaker 3: What's what's a ras?
Speaker 5: Not electric?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: No, when you're trying to do it with you, you're trying to kid, you're using a razor scooter as a motor transport. Good for you, knock yourself out. I would never judge, but you're not mine.
Speaker 4: My one.
Speaker 2: People that use you know, like the hands for the headset for a mobile phone and they have a connected they're walking around with the big wires.
Speaker 4: And I just I'm like, come on, mate, get the get the cordless ones.
Speaker 6: I saw I gut a car yesterday driving and I don't know if his hands free and broken or what, but he had a full like gaming headset with the microphone and he was talking into it like it must have been connected to his phone like that.
Speaker 3: Not like audio qualities much.
Speaker 5: They were like big headsets. It was like he was a receptionist. It was like VIVI from here with a headset.
Speaker 6: I wonder if he has forgotten to take that off.
Speaker 5: He doesn't actually know it's there.
Speaker 2: He's playing Need for Speed right now, he's actually driving.
Speaker 1: You know, people running for planes through the airport. It's awkward because there's that run.
Speaker 3: You do and then a little once you get to the gate and you realize that plan it's not gone.
Speaker 2: It's the word to do a cool walk and then you get on your covered in sweat. Hey thirteen, twenty four ten. I want to stick with ick items this morning.
Speaker 5: Items that give you what's.
Speaker 2: The item that someone could be owning or using?
Speaker 5: Gaming headsets that give you the ick? Hang on, I've got a whole list.
Speaker 6: Don't think gaming headsets, razor scooters, metal detectors, what.
Speaker 4: Do you sit on? Adults on pea plates?
Speaker 5: Kind of cute. That wouldn't put me on.
Speaker 4: Really, she likes me with that.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a.
Speaker 4: Sound using my metal detector at the beach goes.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's even awful to listen to.
Speaker 6: We're asking if there is an object that, if people use or carry, it gives you the yick. And we're talking about people who use metal detectors.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Let's go to the phones, Terresa, what's the item that you see an adult using that gives you the yick? Oh?
Speaker 5: Any any man walking around in crocs and sox is a total for me. I I kind of like it.
Speaker 6: Although our executive producer has just walked in. Hey, let me talk you through these THEESA. They are black platform crocs with a blood No, he looks like he belongs in it, like he should be cleaning a kitchen with a mop.
Speaker 4: Yes, he does, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: There's a belcrow strap?
Speaker 5: What's that speech strap?
Speaker 2: Have you got those little thing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: He doesn't?
Speaker 4: What's the item and adult can own that will give you the ick?
Speaker 5: Isabelle, good morning, good morning? What is it? What's the item?
Speaker 3: The item is when an adult man owns an iPad?
Speaker 4: Doesn't that say like, look at me, I'm on the go, I'm business.
Speaker 5: Like, get a laptop and grow up. That's what you're thinking, right, Isabelle.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it looks like iPad kids.
Speaker 6: So Paul, my fiance, exclusively works off an iPad. And it's so funny because he's one of the biggest, tallest, broad broad shoulders than I've ever seen, and his hands are so big on that tiny because he's not the keyboards.
Speaker 4: Stylist, where do you sit on the stylus?
Speaker 6: The pencil that went missing in the first week, he got one, and god knows where that is.
Speaker 3: Oh other style thirteen four ten, that's what we're talking stylists.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dylan, what is it that adults wear that gives you the eck?
Speaker 2: Guys, I cannot stand adults that continue to wear over I'm sorry, but you look like an overgrown butler.
Speaker 3: Overall people, you look like an artist.
Speaker 4: You do look like an artist unless you're a painter. Yeah, no, overall No not Yeah.
Speaker 6: Denim overalls my girlfriend, but she sort of pulled them off quite cool.
Speaker 5: Imagine if I.
Speaker 1: Wore them, what about the boiler Can you please, I'm going to buy you a pair of denim overalls.
Speaker 5: You must wear that have the body shape for them.
Speaker 1: Actually, some cafes have them as uniforms.
Speaker 4: They've got that's boilers. It's like a onesie. When I think overalls, I'm thinking of the little the straps with the shoulders. Yeah yeah, like what my two year old?
Speaker 5: What he said? Adults wearing overside sized toddlers.
Speaker 4: Let's go to cake. What's the item?
Speaker 5: I feel like I'm being targeted here. I wear crocs and over Do you have a metal to dector?
Speaker 6: Cake?
Speaker 7: No bum bag, especially on young guys.
Speaker 5: The bum bag? What about when they wear them across their body?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I can't.
Speaker 2: Well at nightclub selling things are wearing them.
Speaker 5: They're called asches.
Speaker 6: Broes wear them, don't they the ashes with it?
Speaker 4: What's in them?
Speaker 3: They're thing a lip smacker.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're mobile phone charger.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a very expensive lipsmacker. Let's go to a Mariana Morning Morning.
Speaker 4: What's the item?
Speaker 5: It's not vision goggle.
Speaker 4: It's goggles.
Speaker 5: You want to be five? How many men or women? I guess?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 6: How many adults do you know have night vision goggles? Oh?
Speaker 5: Like one or two? But it's like it's like the older like it's just it's just bad. It's just if.
Speaker 6: I went to a blow house and went into their room and they had night vision goggles next to the bed.
Speaker 5: I'd be like, you're afraid el telescopes.
Speaker 4: Telescopes need to go.
Speaker 5: They're never facing the stars? Are they the stars? In the middle of this?
Speaker 3: I do something with my sunglasses that you find a bit icky.
Speaker 5: So when you put them on the back of your head.
Speaker 4: I put them on my forward. You know what I'm going to buy you?
Speaker 3: That's you do spot for them when it's not sunny, you've got to park.
Speaker 4: But then when you take common, do you ever get like the nose in your No, you.
Speaker 5: Can't be wearing them on your fore hair. Let's get to try, athlete.
Speaker 2: Mate, We'll get a chain.
Speaker 7: Lauren up feeling good.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: One hundred Lauren follow them on socials
Speaker 7: Mhm