Speaker 1: Apogee Production.
Speaker 2: I'm Mickie Fisher and welcome to the Village Crazy Lady.
Speaker 3: People are talking to me and they are not physically in this room, so just strap in for that.
Speaker 2: Can't call me crazy, so I said it first.
Speaker 3: Whoever's trying to come through, whatever messages need to come through, like, just bring it on.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Crazy Crazy Crazy The Village Crazy Lay Podcast. Hello, gorgeous legends, and welcome to another episode of the Village Crazy Lady.
Speaker 2: I am so excited about this guest.
Speaker 3: Bridget Essalmont, is an intuitive entrepreneur, a best selling author, and founder of Bitty Tarot. I have had your tarot cards for years, and I've known about you and what you.
Speaker 2: Do for years. How did you get into taro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it goes all the way back to the late nineteen ninety and this is when I just finished high school and I was going on an exchange to Germany with my best friend and we thought, oh, why don't we go and get a tower reading before we go to Germany. And so we found this little place in the Rocks in Sydney and we're walking up these creaky wooden stairs and starting to feel all very mysterious and a little bit spooky. And I walk into this dark room. This woman's like sitting there in the corner with her cards laid out in front of her, and I was like, oh my gosh, what am I getting myself into? But I sat down with her and asked her, like, what's going to happen when I go to Germany? And she starts pulling the cards and then she pulls the Emperor. She goes, ooh, you're going to fall in love, like there's his boyfriend. He's waiting for you. It's going to be amazing. And so, you know, I'm seventeen years old, I'm like, oh, that sounds fantastic. Probably tell us to everyone, but hey, I'll buy into it. And then yeah, of course I go to Germany. I fall in love a few times and it was great done. And so then like that, I came back to Australia and I thought, wow, this is pretty cool. I'd love to learn how to do this and I could show off to my friends this like cool trick. But here's the thing. I've got my tarot cards. My mum gifted them to me. I started learning them, and then the more that I learned about the Taro, the more I realized that they were actually a really profound tool for transformation and for accessing intuition. It was so different to what I've seen like on movies, which was all about like fortune telling and mystery and you know, bad things happening. It was completely different to that. It was actually this really beautiful experience that I was having with the cards, and it was opening up all of these parts of myself that had been there for so long, like the spiritual aspects, the connection to the divine, connection to self and intuition, and it was all just like opening up as it's laid out there on the table in front of me.
Speaker 3: In what way can you explain? Because that's so interesting to me. I mean, I don't think I've ever really thought about it like that, Like, in what way did it sort of like reveal this part of you?
Speaker 1: Yeah. So, Like one of the things that I thought before I started reading Taro was I had to be psychic in order to read Taro. I needed to be able to see like speak to dead people. I had to see the future like perfectly. And I really thought that I needed to have these specific skills and gifts in order to be able to read Taro. And so when I started reading Taro, I did everything I could to like master it, master my psychic abilities. But over time I started to realize this actually isn't about like wrote, learning the cards. It's not like what I was doing at school and university and trying to read all of the books. This was actually something that needed to be felt and experienced. So then the more that I let my intuition come into play, the more I could see what was unfolding in the cards. So it actually turned out that instead of having to be psychic and gifted and so on to read Taro, the Taro itself was the thing that was helping me become more intuitive. Because if you think about Taro cards, it's seventy eight cards. Every card has this picture on it, It has this rich symbolism, you know, different stories, mythology, even connections to religion and other spiritual kind of philosophies. And when we're reading these cards, it's almost giving us direct access to this collective wisdom that's been created over time, but also to this individual wisdom that's our intuition and what's within ourselves. And so when we access Taro, were actually accessing these different parts of and wisdom, that collective wisdom and our inner wisdom, and that to me is just amazing and so powerful.
Speaker 3: I love that cards are probably I guess when people think about spirituality right and like you know, delving into their own spirituality. I know, for me, cards was like one of the first places I went because it's a tool, it's a really helpful, very fun as well, like it doesn't feel scary. There's nothing really about although unless like if you're doing Taro for the first time and you see like the death card or the tower or something come out and you're like, oh my fucking god, am I about to die? But outside of that, it's just like it's a fun almost like party game me kind of feeling. But I can understand like that the sort of how it helps you do a lot of healing and a lot of sort of like revealing of yourself because I look back to sort of when I first started using them, and even when I use them now, like a lot of my intention when I'm sort of pulling a card, I'm like, what do I What am I needing?
Speaker 2: What am I not seeing right now? What am I?
Speaker 3: And it really is that like oh, okay, this is what I need to be working on in my life. Well, like, this is where I sort of like need to be my attention needs to go. Well, I never even realized that I was doing that. It really does like access this very like intuitive subconscious part of you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And that's that's what I love about it because you know, even when we do like personal growth and development, if we only do that from a place of thinking it and what's in our conscious mind, we're really only tapping into part of it. We're not tapping into this full spectrum. But what Taro helps us to do is to access more of our subconscious and what's really happening, you know, underneath the surface. And when we access more of that subconscious part, then we start to reveal so much more than if it's inner conscious mind and all of that happens because again, Taro cards are so visual, they're so symbolic, so it helps to bypass the conscious mind and it helps us drop into subconscious where really like that is where the bulk of you know, who we are actually lies. There's only a tiny little fraction that's up there in our conscious minds.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love that.
Speaker 3: Before we move on to like the manifestation of it all. Let's talk I would love to chat about Like for people who are listening and they're like, I really want to use taro, how would you recommend people even get into it or start using it or you know, because I think for a lot of people, it feels a bit like you'd need, you know, to go and read like fifteen books or do a course or something on how to use them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I totally get it. That's kind of why I haven't. I have like about three books on astrology. Every time I go to read them, I'm like, oh, it's too much. I don't remember all this.
Speaker 2: I feel like that too about astrology.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, I had that feeling about taro when I first started, because I was like, holy moly, how on earth do you remember seventy eight tarot cards and what they mean? Like if you pick up any book, there's like literally pages and pages on every card, and then you think, oh, gosh, I've got to like memorize all this stuff. But again, what I learned over time was that that's actually really only one way of going about learning taro. The other way is to experience taro through more of like by accessing like your intuition. So if you're just getting started, the easiest way to start is get a Taro deck and then just pull a card a day. And so at the beginning of your day, just simply ask, like, what is the energy I need to connect with today. It's not predicting what's going to happen for you in the day. It's more like what do I need to be aware of or what am I calling in? And then actually, let me just grab trusty little cards. So let's just say we're chuining into our energy for today and we're doing the daily oh card pool and that one just, oh, this is not a nice one. Okay, Well, so let's just say this one comes out and so it's the three of Swords and the picture on this is this heart. It's pierced with three swords. It's pretty traumatic. There's rain clouds in the background. And you know, you don't even need to know what the traditional meaning is of this card just by looking at the imagery. You know, what would you see, Mickey in this card? What would you say might be happening?
Speaker 2: It feels like heartbreak, like.
Speaker 3: Yes, some sort of like heart hurt essentially is what I normally see with that card?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, and you know, maybe even I'm kind of getting the feeling of like being let down or yeah, feeling hurt portrayed. Maybe now you you might start your day with this card and then you go, oh, what am I to have a breakup? Or is something terrible going to happen today? It's not necessarily that, it's more like using it as an opportunity to reflect on where in my life is this energy showing up? And you might go, well, where am I feeling left down? Hurt, betrayed, disappointed? Where am I feeling brief sorrow, loss? And because often you know, even these negative like so called negative feelings, they can still be present, but we kind of stash them down, right, So I bet you can even think of where you've been let down and maybe you're carrying some of the energy today. I know I can when I bring my awareness to it, I'm like, oh, yeah, I'm feeling a bit let down in particular areas. And so then it's my opportunity to go, huh, well, how might that be impacting me today? And is there anything that I can do to shift that energy? And so we're really taking what might be stored in the subconscious, bring it into that conscious awareness where we can take action, we can do something with it, and then we can move on with the date. So again, if you're a beginner, you're brand new to it, easy peasy, because you can just look at the picture, you can trust what you're feeling, trust to intuition. Of course, you can always go into awesome websites like videtaro dot com to get your Taro card meanings. And yeah, it's just a really simple and easy way to start to learn the cards, but then also to start to create time for yourself to listen inwardly and listen to intuition, because that's ultimately what Taro is doing. It's helping you to have this space to listen within. Because we're so busy, right, we'll, you know, oh I've got to spare a minute or jump on my phone, I'll have a look at whatever. But if we've got Taro, it's more like, ah, okay, I can just pull a card. I can tune into what I'm feeling.
Speaker 3: Yes, so true, And it's not like you're having to, you know, put aside like twenty minutes to do a deep meditation. So you can like you know, scour the inner like parts of your mind and you know, try and connect with some fucking galactic creature from some sort of planet or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's literally just like okay, pull our card. And what I love about that that practice.
Speaker 3: As well, and the concept of just like pulling a card today is that it also, as you said, it's sort of taking something from the subconscious and putting it into the conscious. But then you're getting to like have control over something as well, which I think is like so powerful. And what I love about, you know, just spirituality in general.
Speaker 2: Is like it really is this sort of like.
Speaker 3: This empowerment, this regaining control over yourself and your own life as opposed to things happening to you. You're able to be sort of more aware of what's going on and then make a real decision about what you're going to do about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. And you know what this is again, one of the other big misconceptions about taru is that you know, Taro is going to tell you what's going to happen to you, or it's going to make something happen. And you know, yes, you can use Taro in that way. You can use it to predict the future. When we predict future, we're assuming that it's happening to us and it's all set in stone. There's nothing we can do. And you know, if it's a good outcome, awesome. But if it's a bad outcome, like you know that three of swords, like, oh yes, you're going to experience heartbreak and grief and disappointment, then that feels like shit.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Right? So I like to kind of flip the table on that and really look at, like, how can we use taro as a way to empower ourselves to look at what's happening currently and then how can I navigate the current situation to create the outcomes I want and I desire? And so that's what gives us that control, Like you're saying, it helps us to take back our power and use it in a much more empowering way.
Speaker 2: Yes, I could not agree more.
Speaker 3: Let's move into the manifestation of things, because how did you go from like playing with taro, loving it, getting super into it to building like a seven bigger empire built on Taro?
Speaker 2: What was that journey?
Speaker 1: You know, when I first started learning taro, within a couple of years I was like, oh, this is kind of cool. I would love to be able to share it with people in some way. And this, again was late nineteen nineties. I'm definitely showing my age, but it was also like the birth of the Internet around then, and I thought, oh, why don't I just start a web page? And so I learned how to code HTML and i'd started building a little website.
Speaker 2: You did it yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I had to learn all of the code all by myself. It looks like a disaster, but the important thing is I just got started, right, and that's the thing with all of business. So yeah, I put up this website, and really, any time I was learning something, I'd just added in and maybe someone else out there in the world might enjoy it. And over time it started to grow. I started to have people join my email list, I had people booking readings with me, and then it started my website started to rank on Google, and that's when the traffic really began to grow. And so fast forward to twenty twelve, and I realized that my business was growing enough that I could actually leave my corporate job. So I've been working in corporate for about fifteen years, and yeah, I decided like it was time to leave the corporate world. So twenty twelve is when all of that happened, and then that's really when the business started to build. I employed my first team member. We now have a team of fifteen people who are located all around the world. And by twenty fourteen, I was creating like online courses for Taro and purely because I was like, Oh, I'm learning all this great stuff. I really want to be able to share it with people. Even though I don't consider myself a master or a guru or an expert, I know that I've got something that will offer like value to people and I might be a few years ahead of the people that I'm here to serve. And that felt great to me. And so yeah, the courses that started doing, the courses, the master classes, all of the things, and over time that really began to grow and grow. And so now we've had over sixteen thousand students take our programs. We have like I don't know, nearly twelve million people visit Bitty Taro every year and we're just serving people in a really beautiful and authentic way in helping them create their own transformation. With the two cards all the way from like when you just get started to when you want to create a business or expands like a coaching business and you want to add in taaro, Like, yeah, we're here for all of that. Like overall, it's just been about following those intuitive breadcrumbs and following where my energy is and what feels great and you know, what feels alive, and then doing more of that. I also have, like I'm super passionate about business as I am about spirituality, and you know, there's not kind of a rare blend to find them both, but that's definitely like my magic source. And now yeah, I'm really happy to be able to help others to kind of find that integration too between those two worlds.
Speaker 3: Okay, the statters amazing. That is incredible, And like what I love is just like when you're talking, you just exude this like you're so excited about what you do, like you really fucking just love it, which is nothing I love more than a passionate person who just loves what they do and feel so like just like lit up by helping other people, which I think is the most beautiful thing. So then how did we how did you really like sort of figure out what the method was, especially the intuitive manifesting of it all.
Speaker 2: You know, when you're.
Speaker 3: Sitting down, like teaching other people how to manifest intuitively, like how do you teach that?
Speaker 2: What sort of like the method?
Speaker 3: What do you think was the thing that made you go everything else?
Speaker 2: I was trying?
Speaker 3: This is what I was sort of missing amongst the manifest because we hear people talk about manifestation all the time, you know so, and sometimes like I know, for me, I've done the written the lists, I've like imagined sitting in the car, the car that I want, and all of that kind of thing, and like getting in deep and figuring out what it is that all of that crap, And I still feel like, even for me personally, there's an element where I feel like I'm just stopping myself with so much, which is why I'm so interested to hear about like the intuitive manifesting and like you've created a business based off I guess for someone like me who's in a similar industry. And I think often when you are working in like a spiritual space or a space where you're helping others, there's almost just like this degree of wanting to help. More Over, wanting to sort of like that balance of accepting money and you know, success, Like how do you sort of navigate all of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Awesome. I think there's two really juicy topics in there, and I'd love to give both some energy. And one is, you know, how do you kind of operate as a spiritual entrepreneur? And will jump into that, but first I want to just, yeah, connect with the whole idea of intuitive manifesting and like what is different about that? So when I started my business, you know, I'd come out of fifteen years in corporate I had Also I'm a master's degree in HR, so I've studied at university too long, too long to have nightmares to I finished my degree and I had to go back that after no. Yeah, but so you know, I've been academically trained, and I think what happens out of that is that you, like I was trained to see things in such a linear way. If you want something, you set a goal, you do your smart goals, You make a plan, you follow that plan until you've hit your goal. And I think that to some extent that is successful and it has worked for me. But I got to a point where I was like there's only so much that this linear approach can do. And what I started to see, particularly as I was reading more and more with the Tarot cards, is that our intuition actually has a huge role in how we manifest things, and our energy and our connection to things really influences how we manifest and how we create our goals. So when it comes to things like intuitive manifested, for me, it's really about taking those fundamental principles of manifesting, which is stuff like you know, having a clear vision of what you want, then becoming like an energetic match to that, taking aligned action, and then amplifying success through you know, celebrating success in someone. But there's this missing layer that we often forget, and that is this intuition layer that creates more of this alignment to what our true goals and our desires are. So even if you jump back into that first space of like clarifying what it is that you want, the layer that I'm adding is like, set your goals, but set the goals that are in alignment with your highest potential. How this works is you can use your trusty Tarot cards and you go, Okay, if I think my goal, let's say, for my business. I think my goal is to hit half a million dollars in revenue this year. You go, okay, great, that sounds good. Now you could stop there and go, yeah, I've got my ambition, you know, next step, but I suggest take that goal and then think about what's a wildly ambitious version of that, what is a kind of a more ambitious like, sorry, it's slightly less ambitious, and then a more conservative. So you end up with these three versions of your goal. Then pick a towero card like pull a card for each version of that goal, and then tune into what is what might you experience if you were to go for each version of those goals. Now, when I was back in the earlier days of my business, I thought it was all about going for the you know ten x your business. You know, that's kind of hustle crap that's out there, and if if I'd listened to that, I would have just gone for it. But then my two card said, hey, if you go for that wildly ambitious goal, you're going to feel disconnected from your family, You're going to get burnt out. You might make the money, but it's not going to feel aligned and wholesome. And then Equally, if you just go conservative and do pretty much the same as you did last year, it's going to get boring for you. You're just you're not going to be inspired, like you're just playing small. And then I had I think maybe something like the Queen of Pentacles was sitting right there in the middle. I thought, Yeah, if I go for this kind of a little above what I'm looking for, not the ten x crazy goal, but just the little expansion goal, then that's going to fulfill me on so many different levels. And here's the thing, like the Tower didn't tell me you must do this goal, this is the right goal to do. I got to make the choice. I got to go, Okay, what do I really value? Well, I value my time, my freedom, I value that. I like expansion and growth, and so knowing what is coming, like I can choose which one feels most aligned for me, and so out of that, I'm now creating these more aligned goals that are more connected with my highest potential and beyond just what I think is the right goal, but what is actually really true for me to be that mylned goal.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh my god, I feel like that's just been such a light Bob One just the practicality of the like of using the cards. I've never ever ever thought to use cards in regards to manifesting or like I'll you know, chat to spirit and try and see certain timelines, which is hard when you're doing it for yourself, I find anyway, which is why I like to even use cards and myself, because you can be so fucking biased, like you have a bias and you have an ego that likes to pop in, and it's like really hard to get a clear.
Speaker 2: Answer on your own shit sometimes.
Speaker 3: Which is where the cards go. I'll just say it for you, I'll tell you. But even just like the feeling into, I like the concept of the like the super large, the more conservative, and then that sort of like middle ground and feeling into because I think our brain likes to, you know, and because given the society that we live in and there's sort of like patriarchal, capitalistic structure of it all, we can't help but sort of want that ten times everything, you know, like supposed to do this and build this and create it. You know, I'm supposed to have a team of fifty people and like, let's see how humongous we can get this thing without thinking exactly as you said, is that even the life that I want? Or am I just getting caught up in this like need for success and like this, you know, if it's this big, then.
Speaker 2: How great will I be? How awesome is that that I'll really.
Speaker 3: Like must be thinking like I'll be definitely successful or whatever, as opposed to that sort of like what like what actually feels good?
Speaker 2: What actually feels like what I want in my life?
Speaker 3: As opposed you know, like do I just want a humongous business or do I want.
Speaker 2: Do I want? You know?
Speaker 3: And freedom also means like having a business that is making an income that helps you feel free as well and gives you freedom to help others and freedom to you know, make choices and decisions, and freedom to be with your family and like that's just such a beautiful way to look at it.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, And you know that is that's the power of really connecting in with intuition and going beyond just what you think is like the sexy goal. Because here's the thing, like we you know, we're on social media and you look at everyone like no doubt and everyone's feed. You've got someone who's got the flashy life and they're manifesting all these cool things, and then it makes you go like, oh, well, if they're manifesting that, maybe I want to manifest that too, because that looks like it's a cool thing to do. Except then you start going down that path and you go, huh, that's not I don't really actually want that, like you know, whether it's like the fancy car or you know, beautiful holiday. Maybe you start to realize, well, actually, maybe they're taking out financing or alone, and you don't want to have all of that extra obligation of having to manage you know, financing or even you know, with the businesses. I think it's interesting because I'm in a number of different like business circles, and sometimes the voices are like, yeah, let's grow the business like these you know, eight figure, nine figure type business stuff. And then when you hear like the sort of lunchtime chats, it's like, well, how much profit are you making? Oh no, none, we're in growth mode. It's like, oh that's not for me, Like I don't need the really big growing business and get no profit. I'm know, sure there's probably a wonderful sale down the track, but for me, like what's important to me is Yeah, freedom time with family, that I feel comfortable like financially, that I can generate a consistent and regular profit in my business, Like that's important to me. And if that means that I don't necessarily grow my business aggressively, and that's okay. I might look different to what's on all of the Instagram pages and people with all these like you know meland La launch, Well how much did he spend on ads or how much did he spend with affiliates? Like what is actually left over from that? So yeah, I think it's just really reclaiming trusting our own intuition about what is that we really desire and not getting caught up in what looks like the thing that we should be going for.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love that so much and your business as well. Do you feel like the growth of it happened because like often we see these sort of like overnight success well you know, as you said, like going from zero to one hundred and you're in boss bitch mode or whatever it is that you know, like boss girl and and all of that. But do you feel like there's like such a merit to sort of and I know, like this has been such a lesson from spirit to me recently because I've got a Capricorn stelium and I love to just you know, try and be successful and do all of the things and everything, and I guess we almost.
Speaker 2: Like forget that there is like such.
Speaker 3: A the timeline is so much longer and larger than we realize, you know, and there's such merit to just sort of like slow and steady and kind of like really enjoying the in between moments of it all. And like, yeah, Spirits sort of said to me, They're like, you literally need to actually just take it one thing at a time, you know, and like just gradually sort of build, as opposed to just thinking that you can just, I don't know, do one thing and like that's it. You're like, you know, like just just sort of like the way that you've built it.
Speaker 2: Does it make.
Speaker 3: It feel I guess almost like more comfortable in a way, like you're able to kind of like adjust it every single step along the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, Like I think when I was starting to build the business, I paid so much attention to the later strategies, the best practices, you know, what other people were doing, and that certainly helped me to know how to grow an online business. But there came a point where it just I was looking so far outside of me. I was losing track of what I really wanted and what was really important for me. So I think that this just gives me that ability to really trust what's important to me, and that I don't necessarily have to chase the same goals that other people have, and I don't have to do things the same way that other people do. I don't have to feel that fomo because it actually doesn't matter what other people are doing. What matters is what I'm doing and how does that feel for me? And I think what I've learned to do over time is, you know, like when we're going for that extreme kind of growth, we're often chasing something that's ahead, like in the future, and everything is like I'm doing everything now, I'm working really hard. I'm not making money so that I can make the money in the future, or I can have the holiday, or I could finally have my financial freedom and stop working or whatever. But what I realize is, when you're working in that way, how are you experiencing the present moment? You're probably experiencing stress, anxiety, you know, pressure, yeah, and being a business owner. Now I'm like far out, bridget. If you can't get this shit sorted now, you'll never get it sorted. And if you're feeling like overwhelmed and like you don't have time to do anything, you'll never get that sorted. And so I think I've really learned to pivot and go okay in this moment, like, right now, how do I want to feel what's important to me? I know that freedom is one of my highest values. How can I create freedom right now? How can I feel good and aligned and energized right now? Because if I can't do it right now, I probably won't ever be able to do it. And so yeah, it's just like it's the same pattern with Taro. Instead of projecting yourself out into the future, come back to the present moment because this is where we are creating the future, then where we're having our experience is now. And yeah, I think that's like that's the same with goals and manifesting. It's how can you start to also be your future self now? This is another really big kind of breakthrough moment that many of my students have with intuitive manifesting is oftentimes we're focused on all of the things we need to do to get to our goal. But what we really need to do first is actually who do we need to become to get our goals? So be?
Speaker 2: Then? Do not?
Speaker 1: Do? Then?
Speaker 2: Be?
Speaker 1: So what that means is if we go out into the future and we go, okay, that when I finally feel successful and fulfilled, what are my characteristics? Who am I? Who have I become? You know? Am I someone that is courageous? Am I someone that feels expansive and free? And then how can I take those characteristics and bring them right back into this present moment so that I am already all of those things now? And if I can just add one little icing on the cake there, because please, this awesome tool for this is what if you could find a TOWERO card that perfectly embodies that future self. So, for example, I might go, well, I really want to have okay, hope, and I want to I want to really embody hope and faith and trust in the universe right to trust that my goals will come to fruition. Okay, Well, I know that the Star card has a lot of that hope and faith. So how can I make the Star card my ally, my guide in this whole process? How can I embody her energy and be her and feel her so that when I do go to do the things to achieve my goals, I'm already transporting all of that beautiful future energy into this present moment to make things happen from that space.
Speaker 3: Talking about creating a spiritual business or like, you know, it's even not even particularly like spirituality, but even just like being of service to others and trying to sort of balance owning a business and not having this like perspective of you know, this capitalistic I just need to make money versus like I just want to help people.
Speaker 2: How do you balance the two of those?
Speaker 3: You know, it's for me, I often just feel this like moral back and forth sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think the two do need to be balanced with each other. What I've found, you know, through the different cycles of my business, I've had some cycles where, you know, maybe we're going through a bit of a rough spot where maybe we're not receiving as much like income and money coming through the business. And those times I've realized, you know what, it actually doesn't matter how much I want to serve people right now, It's also very important to me that I am being financially rewarded and sustained and nurtured like through this business. So love it or hate it, I think money is actually still really important. And that's why I, you know, bang on a bit about like profit. I think profits really healthy and it's important and it's not about greed. It's about actually making sure that you are being sustained as a creator. Because again that there was a time in my business where it just everything felt so hard and we're just just felt like struggles, street things are not feeling great. And I realized at that moment, you know, a couple of my team members resigned, and I'm like, shit, that all of them can resign, but I can't, Like I don't get to hand in my resignation letter, even if I'm having a really terrible experience, I don't get to go that's it. I quit, because the whole thing is over if I did that. And I really realized in that moment, no, okay, I have some non negotiables that I need to make sure that I can be sustained through this and over a long period of time. So I think, you know, as a business owner with a spiritual focus, you have to put some of your own needs first, because otherwise you will not be running your offering and you will not be serving your people if you can't sustain yourself over time. So it's definitely definitely a balance. And then you know, on the flip side, I've seen people who are just all about the money and all they talk about is the leads and the con persians, And yes, that is important data correct, And I think, hang on a second, are we dealing with people here? Are we like, you know, heart to heart connection. I've got to be it's so mindful that we're playing in that balance space. And maybe it is the balance of the masculine and the feminine. Jeez, maybe it's that balance of kind of yeah, the heart to heart connection and then the financial sustainability of a business. I think oftentimes spiritual entrepreneurs feel the guilt and the greed of money without recognized and realizing that they actually do need the money to allow them to then fully serve their community and their people.
Speaker 3: Definitely, and that's something I always try and remind myself of. And when I first started manifesting like ever, because I just had this like this real guilt thing around money and wanting money, but I just really wanted to be able to help people, and I realized, well, I can't actually help people if I don't have, like, I can't, I can't donate money, I can't go out and help others. I can't There's so much I can't do what I'm restricted by because I myself am literally just trying to survive every single day.
Speaker 2: And that was like such a game change for me.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you know, if I've got money, then I can support smaller businesses. If I've got money, I can donate. If I've got money, I can travel and help people I've got And that sort of changed my perspective on things. So instead of it being like money for me, I started to go, Okay, well I'll try.
Speaker 2: And make money so that I can then help more people.
Speaker 3: And so now I'm in the like trying to balance the doing it for others and doing it for myself as well, which is sort of like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's hard. It's such a.
Speaker 3: Hard thing because you don't want to like, I love business and I love having a business and building a business, but then like trying to balance that with you know.
Speaker 2: You also don't want to be seen as like a bad person.
Speaker 3: Or you know, especially as women too, Like it's not even just spiritual, but like as a woman, you're not supposed to be too ambitious and you're not supposed to be too assertive, and like, you know, your business is being a really fucking nice person, so you have to like keep that appearance up kind of balance.
Speaker 2: All of those things can feel difficult.
Speaker 1: And I think it's particularly so, like in the spiritual space, because there is a lot of judgment around that, like, well, if you're really spiritual, you wouldn't be trying to make money or a profit out of this, right, Oh, you've got natural gifts, Like how dare you charge for those gifts? And I always say like, well, okay, that's nice, and just you know, like a hard surgeon, they're gifted, aren't they They're amazing, they save lives. Like are they meant to not charge for their services and their skills? No way, There's no way that we would go like, I'm not going to pay you, because you should be honoring your gifts. Even a hairdresser like do we go and get a haircut and go, oh, you're so gifted, we shouldn't be charging.
Speaker 2: That's so true.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have just I feel like I've just selfishly this has almost just been like me just milking information from you and just like make the most of all of your wisdom.
Speaker 2: And your business advice and everything. I'm like, I hope everyone else has been enjoying this as much as I have.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for coming and chatting to me and sharing like this is such important information and even just.
Speaker 2: Like the practicality of tarot. Like what I love about.
Speaker 3: Tarot and cards in general is it is a practical tool. It's like something that you can hold in your hand. It is something that can just be used when you need it, which I think like is so important and something that can really help us get out of our own heads as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it's beautiful like to use that alongside of manifesting or you know, creating what you really desire. It's it is super powerful and it's also like non threatening, right because you talk about all kinds of topics like talking ago, some spirits and all that kind of stuff. That stuff can seem a little bit scary because it's unseen, unknown, right, Taro is like, well, the card said that I'm going to meet a nice man on his throne who knows his emotions. It's there, It's like in the picture, and so it is a beautiful tangible way to go well, actually, you know, this is me connecting with my intuition, but the card tells me is you know it's a nice bridge between the two realms for sure?
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Literally, it's a picture, like what is it going to do to you?
Speaker 2: You can still if you want, you can still look at it and go no.
Speaker 3: Thank you, or you can take heaps of information out of it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Bridget.
Speaker 3: Is there anything else, like one last thing that you feel like you'd love for people to know about Taro, about manifestation, about anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say just get started, Like seriously, you know, I think people get a little bit frightened about the worry that it's going to take too long to learn and master, but hopefully, like what you've experienced in this last hour together is that Taro is actually very easy to just start using and to use in a very powerful way. I'd also like to just offer I've put together a special free guide with the four steps of intuitive manifesting. So if you want to dive more into what intuitive manifesting is really about, go over to bitditaro dot com forward slash four steps and you'll be able to download that guide for free. Hurrah. Plus you'll also get all of the details on where to pre order the Intuitive Manifesting Book as well. So it's a really great way just to get into it, get started and start to just experience the magic of Taro and making your dreams come true.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, and I'll put all of the information and everything in the show notes. Also, like you need one of Bridget's tarot decks. I have one and I use it religiously. It's like basically like the it's bent, it's in all it's in a well used condition because it's so great. Thank you so much, Bridget. It's been such an honor to have you on the podcast. And I'll make sure that everything is in the show notes that people can find you and manifest their dream life.
Speaker 1: Yay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.