Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style with.
Speaker 1: The boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin, he's non recyclable. Catching him up.
Speaker 2: I love being love. I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head Out, we are chatting all things dating apps hinge, bumble, Tinder, rayer.
Speaker 1: You name it.
Speaker 2: We will share the best dating app stories, give you some tips and what types of photos to share and what prompts will get you the most swipes.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Hello Matt, Hello Anna, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? Matt's made me a couple of tea this morning, which I'm feeling a very lucky acts of service.
Speaker 2: Anna loves that.
Speaker 1: I love access.
Speaker 2: Isn't that I put a dash of cold cold water in there for you as well?
Speaker 1: I think cold milk.
Speaker 2: They take it back, but I put a dash of cold water in there, so you can drink it now.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Right. It's all about the thought, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It is today we're talking about dating apps. We were talking the other day and we realized that every single guest we've had on in the relationship kind of area. So whether realms should we say everyone in the relationship realm, whether they be confidence coaches, whether they be dating experts, whether they be sex coaches. They've all said the same thing, and that is that dating apps are so important when dating at the moment in this day and age, because anyone who's single, usually at some point in their single time, is going on dating apps and it's just a really great way to meet people. Map.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, I mean there's a bunch of what I reckon. Every single person, at some point, like you said, a pass in their single realm of being single, get jumped on one of these apps to see what's out there in their local area, or sometimes I might even download it and put their location where they're traveling.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was about to say some of my best dating app experiences have been when I've gone on holiday and I've been like, let's see who's in the area whilst I'm on holiday.
Speaker 1: Like I remember when Josh and I first broke up.
Speaker 3: I went to Hamilton Island with my family and I actually put my location there like.
Speaker 1: A week before arriving.
Speaker 2: You get any matches or Yeah?
Speaker 1: I actually ended up seeing a guy from Queensland. You'll probably remember him.
Speaker 3: But yeah, great way to meet people, especially if you know you're on an international holiday.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're in Bali. I know Bali dating apps go off.
Speaker 3: I know that on TikTok people go on about how the guys inner on dating apps are like to die for. They're all like ten out of ten models, and they're like on their dating apps being like, am I like looking through like a model catalog? Apparrently they're just that good looking. I wouldn't know, but that's what I've heard.
Speaker 2: Do you still have to pay to get the experience of traveling and moving your thing to different while you're in a different suburb.
Speaker 1: I've never paid anything on a dating app, have you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I pay for a premium, coming from someone that has never actually met up with someone off a dating.
Speaker 1: Apps, So what does a premium give you?
Speaker 2: This is going years back. Unlimited swipes, unlimited super likes, maybe.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, how many super likes are you handing out?
Speaker 3: I have a question, actually, go on fireway okay, if you're giving a super like to someone, is that coming across too keen?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like you want to kind of play it cool initially when you.
Speaker 2: First meet you want do you want it?
Speaker 1: But if you really want to stand out because you're in a dating.
Speaker 2: App, I don't know. I think I guess it could come down to a lot of things, and I reckon it would come down to the other person's personality. If I saw a super like, I'd go, oh, they're keen.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would I I'd go When I was on dating apps and a guy would like super like me, I was like too much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, is that bad? No, I'm the same. But then if I was giving out a super like, I'd be like, oh, well this is I'm not keen, this is like they'll understand, but they're probably like, fuck, this guy's key.
Speaker 3: So dating apps is so much to talk about. So let's just jump straight in, shall we.
Speaker 2: Let's do it? Don't Well, we know you've been on dating apps. You go a band from Bumble.
Speaker 1: That was banned from Bumble.
Speaker 2: You met Michael on Hinge. Yep, what's your opinion on dating apps?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think they're so positive. I have a couple of single friends, and I am the biggest advocate for dating apps because I just feel like they're so valued in what way, Well, it's highlighting the people who were single and who were like looking to meet someone. Obviously, every dating app, in my opinion, is for something different, Like I.
Speaker 1: Feel like Tinder is more about sex. But I could be wrong.
Speaker 3: This is just like obviously I haven't been on dating apps for a couple of years now because I've been in a relationship. But in my opinion, Hinde is kind of like the app that you go on, I guess to meet a boyfriend. I would say Tinder is more of a sex app. There's obviously Raya if you're looking to meet a celebrity.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of Raya?
Speaker 2: Yes, I have three different avenues of Raya. Join an Express a little bit before we go on to Raya. Though I actually think the opposite. I think Tinder's more for a relationship and no Way Yea. I found when I was really hindres more for a hookup.
Speaker 1: No Way.
Speaker 2: That's my experiences with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, tell us what you think on our Facebook page. You need to get to the bottom of that. I definitely think Tinder is more of like a hookup type of app. Bumblers like more relationship again, because like the Girls in Control.
Speaker 2: Never used well you know, never used it. I just I just yeah. But then again, like I've always said, I never met up with anyone off a dating app. I just used it like a hungover.
Speaker 1: Swipe, a serotonin, a couple of likes the next day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well back to Raya. Yes, Raya.
Speaker 3: Firstly, for anyone who doesn't know what it is, it is a dating app. It's a private membership based social network and basically you have to be invited onto Raya by a current member of Raya. Then if it's a membership, I'm not sure because I've never been on Raya. I did apply ones and I didn't get accepted.
Speaker 2: Why's that so?
Speaker 3: Ray is like a very exclusive club. It's kind of like the VIP lounge that no one can get into. In fact, only.
Speaker 2: You've been in VIP Lounge just a lot different.
Speaker 3: Well, I look, eight percent of applicants get accepted to Raya. It's kind of like a celebrity app. So I went on directly after breaking up with Josh, or at least I tried to. I applied to be on RAYA, and I got the kind of like message of like, well, we'll let you know, you know that, like whole thanks, we'll call you, don't call us hyper VISs, it's us, not you.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what Raya gave me.
Speaker 3: But then I found out some like secret little intel, which is that there's a Melbourne influencer who is kind of employed by Raya and she kind of gives people the green light or the red light. And this specific Melbourne influencer and me do not get along.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 3: This is not me saying that I feel like I should be allowed onto the app, but I.
Speaker 2: Thought you would have had a better chance if they weren't doing the the selection. The selection interesting, Well, I don't know if I applied. I am that you definitely if I applied, but I don't actually remember applying, if you know what I mean, I feel like I have, and that would and that would explain why I wasn't allowed on as well. Just realized because yeah, so that's troubably what she used probably well know.
Speaker 3: Because I know this because Michael, my now fiance, Michael, who works at Channel nine, was accepted onto RAYA.
Speaker 1: So my fiance Michael was on RAYA and we both couldn't get on RAYA.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not saying that we deserve to be on more than Michael, but we were on a national TV.
Speaker 2: Show, international, technically, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: To call it.
Speaker 3: We were on pretty popular TV show and I kind of felt like, no offense to Michael, but since this is like this super exclusive kind of well dating app essentially, I felt like maybe me and you.
Speaker 1: Potentially had a better chance than Michael.
Speaker 3: But Michael knew this person, so she gave him the green light. So that means that I know how I did start this conversation by saying that I think, but I'm pretty pretty ninety nine percent sure that she didn't allow both of us onto the dating app, So not very nice.
Speaker 2: What are the actual credentials to get onto this app? What do you need?
Speaker 3: So basically you need to be invited by someone who's already on there. So I had two friends who were on there. One was my friend Carris who was Miss Universe Australia. She invited me on there. My friend Kylie who's big in media. She is also on there. She also invited me and a third person by to me, so it's three different people in me onto this app.
Speaker 1: Still couldn't get on, So you need an invite.
Speaker 3: You need to have at least five thousand Instagram followers and an account that looks real. So I mean, you know, I think both of our accounts would I would I personally no bias here, but I would both of our accounts are real because is before you could buy verification as well. So yeah, there's lots of different I don't want to sound salty about this, like I think my life has unfolded exactly the way it needed to.
Speaker 1: I'm happily engaged.
Speaker 2: But you could have met Michael, and I.
Speaker 1: Could have met Michael on RAA.
Speaker 3: But nonetheless, Michael and I did match on Hinge yea, and we never spoke on Hinge, but we did match on Hinge and then we ended up meeting out, which I guess is a great excuse to have dating apps, even if you have no desire to actually meet a random person off a dating app, just to even be able to match with people and to kind of be able to pick them out in a room because you know that they're single. I mean, that's a great reason to have a dating app, even if you don't want to match.
Speaker 2: Well. I always said, I've never met up with someone off a dating app where we've been messaging on the app and said, hey, let's get to dinner or hey come around that. I've had a couple of times where a girl and me have matched and then followed each other on Instagram through that, so that's sort of like the same thing, and then meet each other out a couple of times, and then you know one thing that's another move, going on a date or so on. But I've never used the app as a dating platform of talking to people in that way.
Speaker 1: But people use it in different ways.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're just not using it in like the quintessential way of like match chat, meet up, but you're still using it and it's still a tool in your toolkit to potentially meet someone. And I think, and that's exactly what happened with me and Michael. I went up to him that night when we were being guest.
Speaker 1: Judges on Beating the Geek, and I knew.
Speaker 3: That he was single because we had matched on Hinge, and it kind of gave me the confidence to go up to him and say Hi, I'm anna, because you know, when you're single, you never want to walk up to someone who could potentially be in a relationship and introduce yourself and they're like, oh, sorry, like I'm in a relationship.
Speaker 1: Like that's a bit awkward. Rights, that's bad, and you feel bad. You're like, oh, whoops, see never mind, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Do you know what you mean? I looked for a bunch of other celebrities if that had been knocked back from Raya as well, and the person I could find with Jackie.
Speaker 1: O Kyle and JACKIEO she didn't get.
Speaker 3: She got knocked back as well, and she's got some beef with this Melbourne influencer.
Speaker 2: It probably stitched her off on an interview, which sounds out right.
Speaker 3: Thing, But yeah, I mean there's lots of different dating. I think Hinge is my favorite only because I feel like, well, I mean, let's just let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: So after breaking up with Josh, I probably saw like four maybe five guys.
Speaker 3: Off Hinge of all off Hinge, every single one of them off Hinge and every like. So basically how I would do it is I'd match so I mean, I was like a bit I don't know, it's a bit mean, but I'm just gonna be honest.
Speaker 1: I would set my height to like six.
Speaker 3: Three and above, so they had to for them to show up, they would be six three and above, because I'm obviously you can dictate like the guy's high that you see, so obviously.
Speaker 2: Poor short kings.
Speaker 1: It's nothing against so short kings.
Speaker 3: But I'm five eleven and a half naturally standing on the ground and with heels, I'm six two to six three. So I just wanted someone who was kind of in my height range. I don't think that's too much to ask. If you want to judge me for that, then feel free. I'm going to own it because I didn't want to end up with someone who I was towering above.
Speaker 2: You could dictate the height, so you condict.
Speaker 3: When I was on Hinge, you could dictate the height, so I would set my height. And then obviously there wasn't a huge pool of men right for me to choose from, so pretty much like the people who I matched with, I would probably remember them or recognize them if I saw them in public, and so like, I went on a few dates from Hinge and I think there was only one that was shit, and it was when you saved me and I made Matt come and pick me up. But all of the other dates were amazing, like we got along. I remember initially I once I met this guy, Initially, I was like, oh no, I don't know if this is a good idea, and I was.
Speaker 1: Getting all freaked out and I was getting in my head. And then I was like, I just he was tall. He was like six two.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, maybe my height was six too then, but anyway, I was in my head and I was like, shit, chit, shit, I don't want to be here freaking out, freaking out. And then I was like, Anna, relax, it's one date. You're having a drink with this guy. Just be open minded, get to know him as a friend, and just see how it goes.
Speaker 1: And I did and it was great. Like it's fun as.
Speaker 3: Long as you're being safe and like putting measures in place in case, like you know, someone's not who they say they are or whatever it might be. As long as you're doing everything safe. The worst thing that can happen is you have a date, have a shit date, but a great story.
Speaker 2: And you could maybe get possibly a drink or a feedbaught for you.
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean, Like, I feel like dating apps are such like a great way to meet new people who you never would have met before.
Speaker 2: I agree they're a good tool if used correctly or used they you can use them in different ways. But yeah, who's to say what ways right to use the dating app? You could have someone that's using it non stop to try and find someone, or someone that was like a someone like me that was just cruising in and out and just.
Speaker 3: Were just a Sunday I know a lot of my mates that are Sunday swipers. Okay, So as a guy, I have a question for you. When you're swiping left and right? What stands out to you? Is it like photos? Is it what they're saying and they're written content?
Speaker 1: Is it a mixture of both?
Speaker 2: Like honestly, okay, call me shallow, but I think that personally it goes off photos in the way they look. That's what you're going off. The written content. What's the buy one hundred and sixty words?
Speaker 1: I have no idea it's not.
Speaker 2: And then there's a couple of stupid questions you have to answer on him. If I remember correctly, this and like, how clever can you be in those questions? Like, there's you know what I mean, there's nothing that stood out to me that I was like, huh.
Speaker 3: So basically you're saying, as a guy, the only thing you look out on dating apps realistically personally for you.
Speaker 1: Is the photos.
Speaker 2: Photos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is fine. Yeah, it's you know, that's kind of what it's there for. It's kind of like window shopping but people. But then again, I said I was a swiper. I was a swiper, so I wasn't. But when you say you're a swiper, are you swiping yes everybody? Are you swiping no to everyone? Or are you just kind of mindlessly, you know, state of being very hungover, just going left right, left, right, left.
Speaker 2: Right, left right, whatever, off the looks. I'll swipe through their photos, see what see what they look like, see what actually but they enjoy doing, See what they're you know, see what their photos have to offer.
Speaker 3: If you if you see someone who you really really like, are you going to be like seeing their instagrammer if.
Speaker 2: Their Instagram handle was there, I'd copy and paste and see what they're doing in there. Maybe move it to that conversation.
Speaker 1: To Instagram rather than the dating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, more than the dating app.
Speaker 1: So you're not even really reading those bios.
Speaker 2: I personally wasn't. I mean you look at them obviously, you'd have a look at them and see what they had to offer. So there was no like standout red flags. Yeah you know what I mean. But everyone's putting their everyone's putting their best foot forward on these apps, sort of like well, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I can't lie either. I very much was looking at mainly photos. But if someone was like a maybe and then they said something funny, I was like, yes, what can you say funny? There's a lot you can say funny. I mean people can have like a funny photo and then they can have a witty caption underneath it, Like there's a.
Speaker 2: Lot that you can say photos.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like underneath it, that's right, yeah, true. Yeah, So there's things that people can do to get them over the line where they're like a maybe, but then they say something hilarious.
Speaker 1: Because I don't know if.
Speaker 3: You know this, but most girls are looking for a funny, witty, interesting guy, someone who's going to be fun, who's going to bring a lot to the table. So if someone's like mediumly my type. And when I say that, like, I'm not picky in regards to like, you know, like if they if they're hitting the high range, I'm pretty happy.
Speaker 2: As long as they're at tall.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no no no, not Doull's dish order. I'm saying, they have to have an amazing personality.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would.
Speaker 3: Personally always say that with all of my boyfriends. Personality has always come above looks, as in it would be personality followed by high followed by looks.
Speaker 1: That's just my algorithm to make myself happy.
Speaker 2: Doesn't go into looks. It doesn't go into looks. No.
Speaker 3: When I'm talking about looks, I'm talking about like more like face, what's your algorithm to make you happy?
Speaker 2: Well, like straight off, you don't you look at somebody, it'd be looks like before you like like face. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or you're talking about everything physically.
Speaker 2: Yeah, physically like not in a shallow way or anything, but like you don't you go up? This is you just mean?
Speaker 3: You just mean like someone who you're attracted Yeah, And we're not saying like you know, a supermodel, We're saying someone who.
Speaker 2: Is attracting you. Yes, personally putting it. Yeah, I have a unique attraction as well, was a style of girls like a lot of people like you know what I mean. I'm not going for like a supermodel all the time, like all the time. If they're attractive to me, I then like go off and pursue because like I said, you're not going to Yeah, they could have an awesome personality, but like if you're not attracted to him.
Speaker 3: Totally, but there needs to be a happy medium because and look, I remember that there was this guy when I was seventeen. He was a model who I used to model with. I'd met him through modeling, and I just like visually he was like the hottest guy ever. Like I just remember thinking, you are so fucking hot. We kissed one time, number one, terrible kisser.
Speaker 1: Number two.
Speaker 3: I was just like, there's just no spark and if anything, after kissing him, I got the egg and he was beautiful to look out, like the hottest guy ever. And it was just like I just I could never look at him the same because I was so turned off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, but you weren't. But like I'm saying, you wouldn't go up to me if you didn't think he was attractive, you weren't attracted to his little Yeah, of course that's for me first thing that I look at if I'm attracted to.
Speaker 3: Him, and I think everyone everyone does that. There's specific things that we all might look for. For instance, I always talk about how I love a guy with long hair, So if a guy has long.
Speaker 1: Hair, it might extra catch my attention.
Speaker 3: For you, you always say that you fucking I don't know, I hate to say it all the time, but you always talk about how you love boobs. Maybe for girl has some cleavage on show, maybe you might take a second glance. And like, we all have specific things that were like that will extra draws into someone. And those things can be personality traits like funny. Funny is such a big one. Like I remember and I always I'll never forget this. The first night that Michael slept over at my house, we literally laughed in bed for like four hours straight. We literally could not stop laughing, and I remember thinking, holy fuck, I didn't I remember saying this one of my girlfriends. I remember saying, I never knew I wanted a funny guy until I just laughed for four hours straight and just had so much fun. Now, it's like at the top of my list.
Speaker 2: I've got one for you. Is confidence a look thing or is it personality?
Speaker 1: It's a personality.
Speaker 2: I can see someone with confidence.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Like you, I feel like I'm drawn and can see someone that's confident. I think you can. Confidence can fall into looks in a way because it's an air.
Speaker 3: Like people have an air about them when they're confident. They hold themselves differently, they walk with intentions. Yeah, you can definitely see confidence, but you can also feels.
Speaker 2: That's something as well that I'm attracted to.
Speaker 3: Confidence is a feeling that people give you as well, like yeah, and yeah, one hundred percent. There's nothing more sexy than someone who's confident. There's nothing more sexy than someone who knows who they are, who are like who kind of like walk about and they're kind of like, this is who I am and take it.
Speaker 1: You can leave it, but I'm going to do me.
Speaker 3: And you're like, I want some of what you have, Like that can take almost all.
Speaker 2: Right, So how would you be confident on a dating app? Then? How would you So if you're a confident person, how do you implement that into your dating profile?
Speaker 3: I guess The thing is is you kind of have to set your own boundaries. I guess so for me personally, I would not really want to talk.
Speaker 1: Too much with someone on a dating app.
Speaker 3: I would more just want to transition from meeting them into like, let's catch up. I don't want to get to know you too much. I kind of want to get to know you, you know, when we meet in person. Yes, of course, I want to like get us a brief understanding.
Speaker 2: Of who you are. So imagine a guy just a little chitchat with ya, you know, how's your day, what do you do for work? Are you working? Blah blah blah all that, and then they go, all right, when are you free this week? I think you should catch up for a walk or a drink.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd say, cool, let's do it.
Speaker 3: I think that's hot, and I think, like, as a guy, it's it's nice when you kind of, you know, do transition it into like a date, because that is essentially what.
Speaker 1: Dating apps are for.
Speaker 3: They're kind of like a medium ground where you can meet people, but then you need to move it into your life to see if you like them. Because I don't want to spend you know, a week straight talking to you every single day and meet you in person and then go not for me. And look, I'm saying that because I have done that before. I have talked to a guy all day every day.
Speaker 1: He was hilarious via text message, met him in real life. He was chat game, wasn't there?
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh no, no, no, no, Why have I done this? Why have I invested so much energy and time into someone who I don't know? And I think you know, it's it's something to be cautious of when being on dating apps. It's to not give someone so much energy that like it feels like you're almost dating before you've even met them, and like, it is sometimes tricky to not fall into that trap because you can click with someone via message and.
Speaker 2: Then imagine if like you're run out of chats on over text and then you're sort of just like hadding to in person and it's not much has happened since you've chatted last. It's pretty boring.
Speaker 3: Oh, Matt, you can always think of something.
Speaker 1: You can talk.
Speaker 3: Matt talks people's ear off like you could talk for life, which is why we have a podcast that makes sense exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, what photos do you think are most interesting to you? If you're scrolling or if you were putting forward photos, what would you do? What ones?
Speaker 3: Okay, well, first first thing for me is that I don't want to see photos of like your dog or your cat and not you.
Speaker 1: So like if you're with the dog or.
Speaker 3: Cat, like fine, but like you kind of want the pictures to tell a story. I think it's a red flag if a guy on a dating app has like four selfies of themselves and they're like awkward selfies, Like I hate that, Like that's.
Speaker 2: No hunting photos for men.
Speaker 3: Hunting photos is a fucking strong no fishing hoodding up the fish, No, you know, any sort of like animals in pictures, like you know, a lion at a zoo and they're a bit.
Speaker 2: Like that's canceled.
Speaker 1: Now, that's canceled.
Speaker 3: But like I have, I mean I remember when I was last on dating apps and I did see some photos like that, and I was like, I don't know if that's a thing anymore, not that it ever was a thing, but I think, yeah, holding.
Speaker 2: Guns me with a beautiful dashound.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like that to me isn't like that hot because I'm not into dashound.
Speaker 1: So like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: If you're only specifically looking for a woman who's into dashounds, you're really making that pool very small. And I think that's something that should be noted with dating apps, Like people do have different interests and you don't need to have all the same interest to be compatible.
Speaker 2: Okay, modeling pictures, would you or would you not? Upload them?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not?
Speaker 3: And I've seen you because I've come across Matt's hinge before once upon a time, and I saw him with his modeling picks up and I was like, it's a strong no from me, Matt, And he's like, oh, I didn't put any editored photos up. I'm like, are the most highly edited modeling photos you've had?
Speaker 1: Like professionals photoshop the ship out of these.
Speaker 3: And he somehow goes around saying, oh, I don't put up editing photos.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, okay, so you never did?
Speaker 1: No, no, never, okay, no way no.
Speaker 3: My type of style would be like, you know, me at the beach, but like not necessarily in a bikini. I think my like go to dating profile pick was like me on holiday type of vibe, like me with a margarita and hands, like me kind of living my best life.
Speaker 2: Having fun doing selling.
Speaker 3: The story that I was telling is that I'm a fun, exciting, adventurous girl who loves to go on holiday.
Speaker 2: Point of honest, in your.
Speaker 1: Have you ever met anyone who loves a holiday more than me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean, Like, obviously we don't want to do like something that's overly edited, nothing staged, like nothing like you know what I mean, Let's not.
Speaker 1: Do a stage photo shoot for him?
Speaker 3: And I think as well, another key points to really know is not having too many other people in your photos.
Speaker 2: I was about to say that, yeah, you're scrolling and you saw a bunch of dudes in a photo like he's with the boys.
Speaker 3: It's okay for one, but like it's a dating profile, Like I don't want to be spending like more than three seconds trying to figure out which one is you. And I think if I am, maybe I'll just be like I'm over this and I'll just say no to you because I'll just be like.
Speaker 2: Next with girls. It's pretty much the same thing as well, that you don't want to see groups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, even two's like it's it's kind of feels a little unnecessary.
Speaker 1: I get it. If there's like a photo where you're like, I really like love this photo of me. Yeah, I'm looking unreal. I'm not going to not post this.
Speaker 3: But then you've got singles, then fine, it's pretty easy to tell who you are. They're not going to spend like more than two seconds of brain time figuring it out.
Speaker 2: And no, no catfishing ones like's not catfish anyone with high edits and back photos and walking away photos photos field.
Speaker 1: Photos in a field.
Speaker 2: Just no cat fishing, all right, let's.
Speaker 1: Be bit okay.
Speaker 3: Also something that I've realized as I've gotten older as well, Like I've just turned I've just turned thirty one, and I guess no photos like more than two to three years ago. I think is now an important one.
Speaker 2: Like I thought of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like we're getting older, we're not looking the same as we did when we're eighteen, and I think it would be wrong to put up photos of you and your younger years, Like I could put up a photo of me at my you know, when I was looking.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourth birthday.
Speaker 1: Or whatever it is, like you know what I mean, Like keep keep the photos.
Speaker 2: Up to date, relevant to what you're doing near like.
Speaker 1: You know, if you've died your hair blonde in the past two years.
Speaker 3: You should probably only put blond photos off, Like, we don't want to see photos of you with brunette hair because it's a bit confusing to the person who's swiping.
Speaker 2: Always have a link to the Instagram, do you reckon? Yeah, makes you look more real, makes you look authentic. Give someone if they're interested, that option of seeing more of you or having a direct line to you. Yeah, if they message you, it will go into the requests and then you decide if you want to entertain it or not. But I think having it there's a good option. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think so, I mean, I get what you're saying, definitely, but also, like I think for me personally, I would just say that I don't want everyone who sees my profile on a dating app to have access to me, which sounds silly because we have like, you know, followings, But.
Speaker 2: I'm sure they will get it in saying.
Speaker 1: That, Like, you know, when you're dating, you don't want like creepy guys who like.
Speaker 2: Is your last name on your dating app?
Speaker 1: I remember just first name, that name and age.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, you just don't want to give like access to everyone who potentially wants to date you. And that's just from a safety perspective. That's just like me being overly cautious on.
Speaker 2: That dope in your DMS. If someone really the way to message you, no.
Speaker 3: Like you know, and look, that's not to say that hasn't happened. I've I've had people who have found me on Instagram and being like, hey, I've seen you on hinge and then they just will blow up my.
Speaker 2: Old tinderbio was like, if you're interested, here's my Instagram.
Speaker 1: You're trying to get more followed with that, there's a difference.
Speaker 2: It's a direct line because I would only Sunday scary scroll. I wouldn't have scrolled unless it was a Sunday morning. Yeah, that's maybe a week, two weeks.
Speaker 3: I remember I was in Byron and I had set my hinge to Byron and this guy who owned a restaurant up there.
Speaker 1: Literally, I think he would have sent me like at.
Speaker 3: Least fifty messages in forty eight hours of me being up there.
Speaker 2: I wanted you to come in and do some contradeal.
Speaker 3: No, he was just like, I want to see you, Let's go surfing, Let's see this. He literally I wasn't replying, and I think in his mind this is how I think it happened. I think he thought I wasn't seeing the messages because they were in my requests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was definitely seeing.
Speaker 3: The messages and he just kept going like he just wasn't stopping, and I was liked And do you know what the thing is is this guy was my type to a t like tall, long hair. He was everything that I was looking for at the time. Yeah, but the fact that he was so intense and full on, I was just like, nol we maybe we should talk about this actually is like not coming off too desperate on dating apps. I think that's such a big one that people time and time again when I hear people talking about this, fails to mention like, don't come across to full on.
Speaker 2: How many double text should you send?
Speaker 1: Never? Never do it? Never double text?
Speaker 3: I disagree, But what with a random person who don't know what would you send a double text over?
Speaker 2: Well, this is my mentality of a dating app, is it's not I would never have had notifications on for a dating app. Like the last thing I feel that some people want in their job and their office coming up, coming up, or Tinder coming up, so they might have forgotten about it. They might have a busy day at like in their lives and I've heard a couple of busy days and they've forgotten about it. So I don't see any harm and just going like, let's not say a passive aggressive question mark or an emoji, just be like, hey, how's the last couple of days been or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like that's desperate.
Speaker 3: What we're trying to say right now is like when you are in that really like early talking phase, I personally, yeah, number one read the room. Number two, like, don't be overly double texting or anything like that, because it can come off just too desperate.
Speaker 1: You want them to come to you, essentially.
Speaker 2: And if they then if they don't come to you, then it's not meant to be. Yeah, yeah, I agree, I think so if you have nothing to lose, just shoot a double message. And I'm not saying pass progressive on I said before, just hey, long time no chat, or hey just got this or maybe it's something that you guys have been talking about. Yeah, then like they said try this, and then you try it.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's the best pickup line you use on dating apps.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't use the date pickup. No, I've already said on this podcast, and it's just a this back in the day, guys. This isn't the reflection on me now. This is a reflection of how I've grown to be fair. I used toy s hey, I'm on here for one reason, like i'm here, I'm I can't how I worded it was a bit more polite, but it was I saying I'm not on here.
Speaker 3: So you would basically tell people that you were looking for a one night stand pretty much.
Speaker 2: Looking for that. No, not a partner, I'd word it. I can't remember how I word it.
Speaker 1: So you wouldn't do that now.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do that now. No, But that was back in the day, like I'm talking twenty twenty one, So you were young, well, sitting there like what I would look well, and then people are probably listening to home No wonder he didn't see any girls. They probably read that and we're like, fuck this.
Speaker 1: I would have blocked you flat out. I would have just said, nah, done, what a fucking sicko.
Speaker 3: And then I would have told my friends if I recognize you out I've been like, you believe this guy, this is what he did.
Speaker 2: A lot of girls would say, thank you for your honesty, So am I that's okay?
Speaker 3: Well I guess then me and those girls might not be looking for the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And a lot of girls would say, oh, I respect your honesty, but I'm not like I was a polite of it. I'm always being a gentleman, So I was. It was a polite way of saying. It wasn't like I'm here to fuck. Don't swipe for me if you're not like sort of like it was like it was just like I'm I mean, I don't have a lot to say. I'm just shell shocked. I was twenty come on, okay, And how many guys or girls should you be talking to it one time? On a dating app?
Speaker 3: It's a hard one obviously when you're single, or at least when I'm single, I'm always talking to at least one.
Speaker 1: Person at once. But yeah, you can match with a couple of people and have a couple of people on stand by.
Speaker 3: I reckon that everyone's talking to at least three to four people when they're single. I agree, but that actually I don't think is as big of a deal as people sometimes make it out to be, because I reckon that subconsciously, we kind of rate those people. So we have like the person who we actually want to date, and then we have someone who potentially could be.
Speaker 2: The tier one Tier two.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We literally like, yeah, we put them kind of into their different category tiers.
Speaker 2: Yes, year one when I want to date the moment most interested in Second, they're good, I could see myself.
Speaker 1: I don't know what they're going to be like in real life, so I need to meet them first.
Speaker 2: Number three, have a cool, interesting job or have an interesting.
Speaker 1: You know, they're like star wars, have something to.
Speaker 2: Chat to about. Tier four they're just persistent. Yeah, yeah, so I keep them there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so like, I think it's not a bad thing having a couple of people maybe on the go or like kind of ready to talk to if something doesn't work out. But yeah, I always had at least one person on the go whilst dating and whilst using dating apps.
Speaker 2: What about you, Yeah, I would like I said, I wouldn't. None of the conversations on a dating ap would be anything black, not serious for anything that was like a serious chat that I would go back to and be like interested, interested in keep pursuing. I'd more go through other chats. But yeah, I don't think there's any foul in having multiple people on the go. If you if you guys, haven't express that you're exclusive, I'm just dating around. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 3: Okay, well look, let's talk about some top tips for a stellar dating profile next. Okay, Matt, how do you show off your personality on a dating profile? If you have a killer personality, how do you make it shine through?
Speaker 2: What are those voice prompters that they used to have? Do you reckon you do like a voice?
Speaker 1: I've never been on a dating app with a voice prompter?
Speaker 2: Is that a new thing I've seen? There's like Instagram pages and stuff like that, or reels that I've seen that like.
Speaker 1: People's things like what they voice.
Speaker 2: Not yea, their voice notes on the apps and they have like guy, if anyone and that goes, If anyone's listening and they have a good, good one, please send it into a hotmail because we'd love to hear it. We'd love to hear it hilarious.
Speaker 3: Firstly, probably don't take it without people's permission though, Yeah, but like tell us about.
Speaker 1: Tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I personally don't know if i'd use a voice note to attract someone on a dating profile. I just think that's like a bit of a it's a bit awkward, it's a bit cringe.
Speaker 2: Imagine a knock knock.
Speaker 1: Trying to get your attention.
Speaker 3: But if it's funny, I mean, I guess it is a great conversation starter. I don't know when I first met Michael, when we moved things from well, we never really talked on hinge, but we you know, he followed me on Instagram the night after we met, and then we were voice noting from there and it's actually a really great way to get to know someone. And it's also like very exciting voice noting and like receiving voice notes And now we actually looked back on them recently. We have all the voice notes from when we first met. How sweet is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and should put them all together and do like something with them. But yeah, the voice note thing, I think can make you stand out if you have a funny story maybe or just something that attracts people to you. What would attract.
Speaker 1: You then, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think something that's not super original kind of gets overlooked. So you want to kind of do something that's a little bit like, you know, out of the box.
Speaker 1: Like I think a lot of people I think, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was on dating apps, people would be like I love ava and toast for brunch, or people would be like I love a spicy mug, or like, you know, there's like typical, you know, our type of generation thing where people are saying them like you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I just remembered by answers to the hinge questions where I'm not answering this and I don't have time to answer this, but girls would then reply with like you think you're too cool for this, and I'd be like nah. And it was a conversation starter. I think there was.
Speaker 3: I mean, anything can be a conversation star at it right, this is true, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I remember. I remember that now.
Speaker 3: I think mine was like take me out for Oysters and Pino Noir.
Speaker 1: Because it's just like an easy date starter.
Speaker 3: People kind of get a bit of a glimpse into who you are, what you like, and you know it's not that original either, but like it was also like a really easy way to kind of show a little bit of individuality, but also.
Speaker 1: Like throw some humor in there as well.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, but it's I reckon it's hard to tell jokes or to be humorous through writing and that. So that's why I think of voice memo.
Speaker 3: So your pro voice memo, I am on pro voice notes after you like match and then you're kind of like chatting.
Speaker 1: I like that. What about setting your intentions.
Speaker 2: Map, Well, apparently when I do it when I was younger, you didn't think it was right.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: Don't twist this around, No, of course, I think if you're there to have a good time and have fun, yeah, like definitely like set your intentions and tell people. But there's also now what was that hotline that we had recently where someone was talking about there's a sex positive app where.
Speaker 1: If you are looking for sex then you can what was it called?
Speaker 2: I fuck?
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: No one remembers. Tell us because I'm interested in remembering that as well, so tell everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, but yeah, like I mean, I guess as like as time goes on, dating is just so accessible. There's so much abundance when it comes to people, and I guess that.
Speaker 1: Works in people's favors.
Speaker 3: But also like against them because there is so much variety in choice. And you know we've said it before, Timing is everything. So if the timing is right for you, don't be afraid to tell people. I know that there was times when I was dating people, I would be afraid to say, like, yeah, I'm looking for something serious because in my mind I was like, well, like, it's a guy, They're probably not looking for anything serious, and so I didn't want to freak them out. Yeah, of course I know that now, but at the time I was insecure, and I was like, I don't want to scare them off. I don't want to I want to be the cool girl. But there's nothing cool about being the cool girl. I think it's cool when you live in your truth and kind of express to people exactly what's going on with you.
Speaker 2: I think another hot tip is to ask your friends and family for advice so they know you better than anyone, so they'll give you tips on what photos to post and what's funny, and also listen to their advice. Don't be you know, don't shrug it off like oh, they don't know what they're talking about, because they know you better than anyone. And they'll know which is the best version of you to put out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: I think lean on your friends and family for lots of things like that. Get a bit of help as well, Like I got help with my dating profile. I'm pretty sure oobye. I think me and Laura, my friend Laura, did it together. She was kind of like, I was like, what should I say for this, and we were kind of like having a veno and like you know, talking about like what to kind of put down. Like it's it's fun, especially when you have friends in a relationship like they they'd love to be a part of it that.
Speaker 1: Live vicariously through one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Also, I think it's important going into dating and using dating apps is just to kind of remember that, like someone does sometimes get hurt.
Speaker 1: You know, you meet.
Speaker 3: People and sometimes you might meet someone on the app who you're like, they're amazing, Oh my god, I'm obsessed, and then they could give you kind of like the cold shoulder, and then you might feel a lot of rejection. You might feel a little bit heartbroken, and vice versa. You could make someone else feel that way, Like just don't waste people's time as well, like.
Speaker 2: Because it could hurt them more if you waste their time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, And I think, yeah.
Speaker 3: Just just try and remain as honest as possible.
Speaker 1: I know it sucks, it fucking it's.
Speaker 3: What The worst thing I reckon and I used to say is all the time about being single and going on dates, because I would go a few hinge dates, maybe like one a week or one every two weeks. Is like if you're not keen after the date, having to like let them know that you're not keen, And like I'm I was saying, I ghosted a couple of people because I just was like, it does get to a point, and we've talked about this on our ghosting episode, where like you don't have an emotional attachment to this, you don't know them anything, You've been on one date with them, and like you don't want to get like ewey gowey feeling, like talk about feelings with them because you're like it's giving me the ick, Like I wasn't interested in them to begin with.
Speaker 2: You could probably just say then, like you.
Speaker 3: Could just have a message ready to go that's pre made. It's not actually for them, but it's just like they had a great time with you. I think we'd be better as friends, wish you all the.
Speaker 2: Best, don't do any further were single friends.
Speaker 3: But you know what I mean, Like I think, because yeah, you don't want to get like emotional with people who, like you, have no emotion to So just having sending them that gene message to just kind of wrap up this scenario, I think is a great suggestion.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of wrapping up, Anna, how would you like to wrap up this episode? Then he's your generic message that you've got ready to go.
Speaker 1: No, this is not a generic message.
Speaker 3: We just obviously know that we get so many messages from you guys for all of our single whears your head out listeners. So if you have any other topics that you would love for us to cover, we have our us open and we would love to hear your suggestions. Good Luck in the world of dating, good luck on the dating apps.
Speaker 1: We want to know how it goes.
Speaker 3: If you have any amazing stories, then make sure you voice note us on our hotline. We would love to hear them and react and give you feedback.
Speaker 2: Also, if you've got anything else you want to ask us, hit us up on our Facebook page
Speaker 3: And until next time, Siyah, Happy dating,