Speaker 1: We got get you morning every day, every gentleman Adelaide. What about yesterday?
Speaker 2: Us learning the news that Adelaide was amongst the twenty most beautiful cities named in the world, still celebrating, and so we should be. I went out all night on Hindley straight to celebrate. I rode the mechanical ball, did you yes? And I'd sell you what my hips are saw worth it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Hayes one ball zero zero.
Speaker 1: Guess what Jode's jealousy? What a curse it is. It's such a curse, What an absolute curse.
Speaker 3: If people are mean to you, it's because they are Gelmo.
Speaker 2: Enter Victorian Premier just sent to Alan She's poked fun at this particular honor. That's how unbelievable and fearless lead to Peter malanowskis so she wrote on social media. After Mally retweeted and said how good is this? All that sort of stuff, she said, that's cool and all, but if you need a place to eat after five pm, hit us up.
Speaker 4: Oh Sinta, well, I thought we were done with this rivalry once we saw the back of Dan.
Speaker 1: He trained her well.
Speaker 2: And then Maley responded with according to at the times. Our food scene over here goes all right, may what I put to the Victorian Premieries. So I kind of understand why you're so jealous. Sweaty and that is and it feels like we're doing things a little bit different here, Joe. Yeah, and the big dogs are now starting to get jealous because I'll tell you what. In terms of the ants, where the green ant. That's right, we're smaller than the rest. But when we bite you, you better leave. We'll leave a welty. We will leave a welt that will last for days. I've got some reasons why everyone's so jealous of us, in particular Melbourne.
Speaker 1: You ready for this. I'll start off with two individuals.
Speaker 2: One is Jason harn Francis Melbourne. I mean you got him by a technicality, you drafted him and then he left after one year to come back to Adelaide.
Speaker 3: What must how embarrassment?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Other one's Fitzy. Oh you wish you had Indinia, but he resides right here in South Australia.
Speaker 3: Well, he moved from Sydney to be right here in essay A.
Speaker 2: Direct quote from Fitzy Sydney A bunch of wakers definitely did.
Speaker 1: The other one for me is double cut rolls.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that exclusively is South Australia.
Speaker 5: I only just learned that that's South Australia. The world is missing out.
Speaker 3: He gets up with the ingredients and I don't even think they charge you.
Speaker 2: But the last one for me is the O barn. Oh, it's a strength. The O barn is a strength. And I tell you this because it is a sophisticated filtering system to weed off the incapable elderly drive.
Speaker 1: I know exactly what's going on. So this is what happened. This is what happens.
Speaker 2: Someone gets caught on the obarn and let's be honest, they're probably in their eighties. And then behind the scenes you don't know this, but they have a chat with their children, who are in their forties. Yes, and that conversation goes along the lines of Mum and or dad, look, you've had a good run, but unfortunately you're.
Speaker 1: Not allowed to drive here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it for you.
Speaker 2: And then also they go also, but we're gonna go for a trip. I'm going to drive and we're.
Speaker 1: Just going to visit a little place called rest Haven. You're just gonna have a chat. Yeah, they don't have this sort of stuff. They don't have this subtle technology in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: No, exactly, there's bingo every Wednesday morning.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love it, Mom and dad.
Speaker 1: Gorgeous for you.
Speaker 6: You'll never go.
Speaker 1: You visit on Christmas?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 7: Dulacy is strong in people that don't see the sun.
Speaker 5: Also, people that don't score gather around and live golf.
Speaker 3: Oh, they might have taken the grand proper.
Speaker 6: You can have it.
Speaker 1: Take it, yeah, take it.
Speaker 7: I won't gather around.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, on trap to far too far? Can you make some calls? That's it?
Speaker 2: Can we do something? Can we get the premire on to talk about this? This is just outrageous.
Speaker 4: Well, I'd love to know his reaction to that, and also from a woman firing shots over the border.
Speaker 6: Come on, grow up, grow up?
Speaker 1: Just center goodness? Say will you Peter Pan grow up? Can you make some calls? You can get the premiere on the line.
Speaker 3: I can try.
Speaker 1: Let me put you on the spot here.
Speaker 4: You can let me see if i've got his mobile. No, I've got his advisor's mobile.
Speaker 3: If we can try that.
Speaker 2: We'll leave it with you and we'll see how we go back Jody, I asked, and you delivered. I said, make some calls, spend to your people, see if you can get the Premier of South Australia on to have a chat with this about this absolute jealousy that's coming from over the border.
Speaker 4: I sent a pigeon down to Parliament House and look what's happened.
Speaker 3: It's delivered.
Speaker 1: That is that the Premier, Peter malonounce this good morning, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, Joe, goodmoney, Hazy.
Speaker 8: How are you both?
Speaker 4: Oh you go, We're so good. What's been happening in the household this morning? Have you been watching Cold Chalmers?
Speaker 8: We absolutely did. The Malays were screaming at the telly. What an incredible performance. But more than that, his interview afterwards, what a class act that he was. He went out of his way to sort of mention, how proud of you to be from a small country town in Portlandcoln from South Australia. I thought it was a class act and an incredible performance.
Speaker 4: Well, just on that, I'm glad he didn't say a small country town like Adelaide, because the insults, the insults are coming.
Speaker 8: We could have said. He could have said, for the most beautiful.
Speaker 4: City in the world could have he could have and what an accolade for us, And it's something it's the best kept secret, it's something we all know.
Speaker 3: But to have shots fired from across the border. I thought these sorts.
Speaker 4: Of shenanigans were done when Dan was outed, and it's still happening.
Speaker 1: Who are you dealing with this premier? It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 8: I think some of these things are done in good humor, but you know, normally you'd be filled with outrage and you know, pretty fired up. But more lately, I think there's a news gun confidence down the trail is a bit water.
Speaker 1: Off the duck's back.
Speaker 8: You know. I've always been on the view that you don't have to talk someone else down in order to be able to talk yourself up. And if you are doing that, if you are doing that, it's probably a sign of desperation in terms of where Victoria is at the moment. So, I mean, I just think, you know where the Common Bank this week said that we've got the number one status in the country in terms of their kind of performers at the moment, and that's despite you know, challenges around the place. And then we get this most beautiful city award and then sort of the Victorian premier felt the need to have a crack out of nowhere. I just think it's more reflection on them than it is not enough.
Speaker 2: So we were rattling off just before Premierre some of the things, all the reasons why we think Victoria's probably jealous of us, But I think it's Jason torn Francis. They tried to nab him the draft in one year is like, no, this place sucks. I'm going on double cut rolls the showdown as well. But the one that I think that they are jealous of, and that's the Obern and I've got a bit of a theory on this and congratulations in advance, but it's clearly a sophisticated filtering system to get the elderly who shouldn't be driving off the road off the road. So they don't have a tactic like that. Over Melbourne there's all people driving around the roads that are very dangerous.
Speaker 8: Look, I of course might have a different tack on that. There's an older constituency I have a look out for there. But look this award that we got, you know, we didn't know it was coming. You know, no one gave us our heads up as a state government and then hey, presto, he just got bestowed on us that we've got this most Beautiful City in the World award and they think it through. It's all about architectural design and the like. And you know what you said that talk about the park lands a fair bit, but the rest of the country doesn't really know about it very much. So either think there's a feather in our cap and we should be proud of it. And I just think I said it, it speaks to a newfound confidence that we've got in the state.
Speaker 3: I think they're angry, Mallly.
Speaker 4: I just think they're angry because they're an hour and a half to work and an hour and a half home. How long does it take you to get to work because it takes me seven minutes in the morning and seven minutes to get back home again.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty lucky. So living in sort of boat and Bronze and it's we're a hop, skip and a jump from the city where we are the sort of the western suburbs. But you know, wherever you are, I mean, let's take you know, you mentioned the O and Hazy. If you're if you get on the O bar, you know you're twenty minutes into town with the new lanes and so forth. So wherever you are and our magnificent city's a truckload easy to get around, notwithstanding the challenges. But it's a truckload easier than Sydney or Melbourne. I was in Melbourne a few weeks ago for some work and I forgot how frustrating it is.
Speaker 6: I did not know what you were going to say.
Speaker 8: Then I almost yeah, I'm glad to stop myself when I did.
Speaker 2: Oh, Premier, thank you so much for the chat this morning. Congratulations on the latest of the ward and once again just an example of the little guys. We're not so little anymore, but kicking goals what I'm damn straight.
Speaker 3: He's where you're waking up to, you Adelaide.
Speaker 6: Regular.
Speaker 1: What's the news today?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 4: Been going on in Paris at the moment at the games.
Speaker 3: But first we need to talk Royal Show with Abby.
Speaker 9: Yes, yes, let's talk Royal Show because this is exciting. Tickets go on sale today, so the good news is obviously everyone struggling with cost of living and tickets pretty much are going to remain the same for a family past. You're looking at about sixty three dollars fifty, so that's upper dollar. The adult tickets are twenty seven dollars, and I think kids are around sixteen, So good news for.
Speaker 10: People wanting to head along.
Speaker 9: But if you keep it lot to Nova from Monday, we might have a little pressy for you. So that's exciting.
Speaker 1: We love the show.
Speaker 10: I must admit I hadn't been.
Speaker 9: I haven't obviously lived in Adelaide for about five years, but I came home and went to the show and.
Speaker 3: It was just it's so magical.
Speaker 4: You stay for the fireworks and uh yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to say it.
Speaker 2: Do yourself a favor and as of Monday, you keep it entrenched on Nova nine one nine for your free show tickets.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Bit happening over at the.
Speaker 4: Games at the moment, so one of the biggest shops I reckon one hundred meters boil over. So Shana Jack and Molli O'Callahan missed out on the medals in one hundred meter freestyle. Unfortunately, we've just had Zach's doubledy Cook swim the two hundred meters breaststrokep He came in second behind the Frenchman lifting the roof off that stadium over there at the moment. Disaster for the Matildas. So they have lost to one up against up.
Speaker 1: Against the USA?
Speaker 3: Was the USA?
Speaker 1: So USA is really really good. Yeah, they're genuine powerhouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, So they lost Jess Fox one gold in the canoe in the sea ones.
Speaker 1: I think it's a she one the other day said she's done the double.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so well done to Jess Fox, proving like she's an absolute legend of the sport now surely.
Speaker 2: But also she becomes Australia's most successful female individual gold medalists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredible and the absolute greatest of all.
Speaker 4: Time as we speak, and I'm going to cut you off there, our own cold Charmers is about to take to the pool for the one hundred meter free style final and we're all tense because it's it will come down to point.
Speaker 3: Whatever of a second.
Speaker 4: But ol Khile is in ripping form going into the final, so let's hope it's not a repeat of the women's hundred meter final and he actually gets home.
Speaker 1: I'll take over from here in late number seven from USA Jack Alexi.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you're not looking at his name, I'm looking at his reach.
Speaker 1: What about the lats on the swimmers bottle, The rigs on them are out just genuine trying.
Speaker 4: So we will keep you posted as to the result of the Cold Charmers race in just a moment.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you what what we're going to do is we're going to checking the roads with abs and I reckon. By the time we get back, absolutely have a result. We see exactly what's going on there.
Speaker 1: And that is your post at Snooze News.
Speaker 2: I might say it, I like Jade's I Love Myself. A neighbor dispute. A UK woman was left shocked when she returned home from work to find a passive aggressive note stuck to her door. There's nothing better than a little passive aggressive note because you interpret it whichever way that you want, and the natural way is really negatively.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: What was even more surprising for the woman was the fact that she thought it had been written by a child, so she snapped the photo of the message. She put it on Instagram classic. The note said, Hello, this is a note to ask you to keep it down. You are loud every day. It would be nice to be able to sleep once. I don't know how a person be this loud all the time, like, get a job, seriously. I thought you had an elephant good note passive aggressive. So then you read a note like that and you're like, well they having a crack at me. It's probably a child with terrible english as well. Well let's take it seriously.
Speaker 1: Do our fireback? Do I laugh?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mixed messages?
Speaker 4: Yeah, abs ever left a passive aggressive note or banded on the receiving.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel like within this team, if there's someone who's been involved in some sort of navally dispute involving angry notes, it's news reader Abbey.
Speaker 3: Because she's the queen of the passive aggressive. Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 9: I was seeing a guy and I was living at my land and I had but not ghosted him, but I just decided, like I don't want to see this guy anymore.
Speaker 10: Anyway, he came.
Speaker 9: I was in bed, hungover, I was like on my deathbed, and I hear this knock at the door and I didn't answer, and I hear this Abby Abby Abby home and I was like, oh my god, like he's going to break it and kill me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Anyway, so then I walk out the front and he's left a bix CD on the ground with a notion that basically saying like, hey, like you know, please get in contact with me, blah blah blah.
Speaker 10: So yeah, that's my two notes.
Speaker 1: And how did it win you over?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: So the songs are on the.
Speaker 2: So selected when you're making mixed these days. I think this was a song that didn't get you across the line.
Speaker 3: Apps. I've left one, have you.
Speaker 1: Not surprised?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So you know how we used to have a very interesting adjacent neighbor up the lane way i e.
Speaker 1: A brothel.
Speaker 6: Yes, and they.
Speaker 4: Would give very special messages, really really special ones. Anyway, I justly good ones, Yeah, really excellent.
Speaker 1: My hamstrings still give me grief.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you should go and season anyway, they've moved now, so I can tell this story. I would get so sick of the procession of men that would park outside the front of our house and then just.
Speaker 3: Look dodgy as hell.
Speaker 4: They were always on their phone, always taking calls, so head down on the phone walking down the lane min and I just had enough. One day there was a guy who walked in and I was like, right, and so I might have left him a note on his windscreen and said, I hope you had a very enjoyable massage. Just so you know, I've taken a photo of your car that will appear on social media.
Speaker 3: Please don't park out in front of mine.
Speaker 4: Whoo a cow an absolute Karen did it work?
Speaker 3: I don't know, mate, but he would have shot himself.
Speaker 10: Give a park in front of the house again.
Speaker 1: No, coincidentally, he was in the car listening to this.
Speaker 9: Coincidentally it was Greggotti.
Speaker 1: No longer is Jody disgracefully in second place anymore. It's a genuine contest.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: It was a bit of running joke for I'll say that on the joke everyone but you.
Speaker 2: Or was it just a should have seen producer Emily Oh my gosh, Zoe as well? Producers Zoe news for Abby was the worst. She would sing it from the hills.
Speaker 1: She'd be like, oh my god, Jody sucks. Jody sucks. That Battle of the Bangers.
Speaker 2: That's when I was leading by about five or six, and now it's thirteen eleven because you've found about four or five in a row.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you found yourself.
Speaker 4: Have congratulations against all the odds, against a team of four to one who all ganged up and sunk the boots in kicking the carcass as you will.
Speaker 1: You rose above it.
Speaker 2: The carcass has come to life.
Speaker 4: That is a metaphor for my life. It we thought she was deading buried.
Speaker 2: She rose from the dead. Theme this Way's theme this week rather very close to your heart.
Speaker 4: Yes, Thunderbird's playing in the Grand Final on Saturday against the Vixen's only two more sleeps to say, I'm excited as an understatement, so hey, help, let's do Battle of the Bangers then Thunderbirds.
Speaker 3: Shall we say?
Speaker 2: We've spoken about how you are fresh off at drive to lie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: It's could be a dangerous situation. How's the timing of this?
Speaker 3: Though? It should be totally fine. It's a luncheon that starts at two o'clock and the game's not till six thirty. What could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 1: What could go wrong is you don't even make the game.
Speaker 9: You'll be in bed by five o'clock. But yeah, Joe, do you hear we're here at the front. Come in as as that I've missed the whole damn cheers.
Speaker 2: I'll kick you off this this morning, Joe, if you don't mind, so, of course, it's birds theme. I've gone with this little banger, which I think we all forgot about.
Speaker 1: Paper planes. Birds fly planes.
Speaker 6: Oh that's tenuous.
Speaker 1: It's long winded. Sure, yeah, you are the queen of these really really long drawn out connections to the most.
Speaker 4: Definitely not this week, me very much, because I've gone lady hack of us and it's a flying thing.
Speaker 6: Birds fly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the.
Speaker 2: Planes, planes flight, so the birds they're basically cousins.
Speaker 1: You mentioned your songdo's to be open and honest?
Speaker 2: Your color week another situation where if you win, I'm I'm pretty comfortable. It's a good churn, a good tans good churn. Lanny krabits fun fact. I don't think does he not shower or does he not where to yoga or something?
Speaker 3: I think it's I don't think he showers and wears yoga.
Speaker 1: So Lenny stinks. But this song is great?
Speaker 3: Does not? This song is great?
Speaker 4: It was Can I just peel back the curtains here? It was between this and Phil Collins in the air tonight with that epic drum solo.
Speaker 1: Gosh, it would have definitely won if you chosen to ione talk you out of full corn.
Speaker 4: Nah, I did it all by myself. No one had any import I didn't discuss it with anyone. I didn't get anyone's feedback.
Speaker 1: Wow, such a grown up now in this space all I got.
Speaker 3: My big girl pants.
Speaker 10: Really, it is such a lie.
Speaker 9: Every week I'm thinking about this or this, and I just don't refine ACTU.
Speaker 10: I go, this is not my job. This is above my paper.
Speaker 3: Is your job.
Speaker 6: It is your job to put up the tie. It's my job.
Speaker 9: It's not my job to tell you which song to pick that you'll yell at me and go ab tuppy to pick that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: Are we work mates or are we friends? Because I thought you were my friend and you could give me some advice.
Speaker 1: All right, ladies, please please.
Speaker 2: I think what news reader Abby's trying to say is grow the hell up, Peter Pan, all right, fly away? Letnykrabitts v I a paper planes. Yes, Jody and Hazy on Instagram. Get voting winning song announced tomorrow morning, eight o'clock and it is tied thirteen to eleven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, get voting place, and also answer the damn question are we work mates or are we friends?
Speaker 10: No comment?
Speaker 1: Should it be both? Maybe not? Joy on the Girly s the girl.
Speaker 5: Please welcome to the show, Josh.
Speaker 1: Jose, I've always said, there's no time to stuff around the formalities. Let's get the great man in here and straight to the Michael Wane to you, Josh Shelley, good.
Speaker 11: Morning, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Did that sneak up on your arm.
Speaker 1: Really snack upon?
Speaker 12: Who?
Speaker 2: Having nice little chat off there about some of the boys and their movements in the off season.
Speaker 1: Yes, and all of a sudden bang the intro is playing.
Speaker 3: Did you mention there's a trip to Europe in the off season?
Speaker 6: Are you going?
Speaker 11: Yeah, there's a few little different ones going on. My roommates Jake and Luke, Riley, Phil for Billy Dowlings, Zach Taylor, Hey Bond, that career all going to pretty much everywhere in Europe.
Speaker 3: So M's boyfriend, Billy Dowling's off to Europe. How do you feel about that him?
Speaker 2: If you can, Josh, and you get a snap of Billy Dowling passion, someone send it to us. We'll send to Emily and unfortunately have a little bit of the news that her dreams not coming back.
Speaker 11: This issue is, though I've heard at the moment that he's actually taken oh.
Speaker 4: Whoa, that's fine, Josh, because I'm also engaged and heavily Pregnant's that didn't stop you your little dream that.
Speaker 6: You had not so long, Emily.
Speaker 10: I can hear your heart breaking from here.
Speaker 6: Baby.
Speaker 3: It's like a big snap.
Speaker 4: It was like Ralph Wiggan off The Simpsons, remember when Lisa broke his heart.
Speaker 3: That's you, right, Zach.
Speaker 2: Moment, Josh, let's saw some footy. He's A week's a long time in football.
Speaker 11: It's a very long time.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: The immediate aftermath of last weekend, we saw some heavy stuff on social media.
Speaker 1: But it must have been disappointed.
Speaker 11: It was. It was, and I think it's been spoken about. As good as Hawthorne played against us, we were just as bad. Credit to him. They're a fantastic site at the moment, and we happen to play them at their peak it as well. But yeah, we just we just didn't bring our contest pretty much after the first quarter and credits dude to them at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did. I was telling Hazy that I read on social media.
Speaker 4: I jumped on the Crow's website and someone just simply wrote very brave leaving.
Speaker 6: The comments on.
Speaker 1: You guys ever read the comments.
Speaker 3: Oh no, tell me.
Speaker 11: About no Jake Sleego reads really Yeah, there was one at the moment that he's like the number six broken tackle play in the comp and he just read the comments for some reason, and we're like, yeah, but if you give the first gives, he'd be a lot better. If you learned how to kick, it'll be a lot better. Hit him a bit hard, poor jack?
Speaker 1: Stuff down?
Speaker 2: Do you write those little bits of advice down and take you back to the boys and be like Joe Smith from Port No Lunga has said that we need to do this, this and this, So boys, let's get to work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you take him.
Speaker 4: To Nixy and go Nixy. Joe Smith knows exactly what we're doing wrong, so just take notes.
Speaker 11: It's exactly right. We incorporated training too.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Oh my goodness, Hey, I want to ask you about the Thunderbirds because they play around about the same time that you do. So fortunately you guys can't get there and get around him. But have you got sunderbirds fever? My god, they're a good site, aren't they.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'd love to go watch. I was a bit disapointing out to get all this year, but a few boys went a couple of months ago and they said they absolutely loved it and the vibe. So I hope they go back to back because they're a good side. And we had Tilly come and do some work with us at the club, so he's a great player.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm heading out to training today to take on Romel to Aken in the circle.
Speaker 3: So a couple of big dogs just going out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big dogs. Josh, what's going on with the here this week? It feels like is it a weekly thing? I feel like you're getting a new heck out every week.
Speaker 11: No, it's pretty same. In the last month, I.
Speaker 1: Think a new sharp cut for the Hawks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I did it went It was fresh the day before. But my hair, having those Italian jeans, it grows pretty quick. That's only about five days, all right, mate?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you can't get salty every time he comes in the studio because he's got great hair and a lot of it.
Speaker 1: Let's not talk about the thickness, but what about the rate as well?
Speaker 4: Three to one in terms of yeah, hey, you mentioned your jeans there can you Are you.
Speaker 3: A good cook?
Speaker 11: I'm pretty good. I've come a long way from where I started when I didn't even know how to turn on the oven, and Mum used to do everything for me before I moved out.
Speaker 3: Oh god, you would have been such a mummy.
Speaker 2: Spat's tricky than it seems.
Speaker 4: Have you ever thought about doing a Christian Petrarca thing and setting up like a cooker?
Speaker 3: His recipes are elite.
Speaker 11: Oh they're unbelievable. I use them so much to go on my TikTok and I want to cook something different for the night, I'll just go on there scroll them and I love watching them. They're so satisfying.
Speaker 3: I did the thick rice noodles chicken last night, epic. What's your favorite Christian.
Speaker 11: Petrarca, Well, he did a new one actually the other day. I just saw it was like a carbonaro plus a normal kind of tomato sauce that they combined in one, which like Italian sausages, And I really want to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine trying to cook for Christian Petrarca. What a nightmare that would you didn't want to happen? What's for dinner tonight, Christian? And then I'm like, oh, we're having ice cream and baked beans mixed together.
Speaker 1: Just a bit of an infusion Christian beautiful flavor, beautiful palot not very well.
Speaker 4: When you say you want to cook that recipe or do you want to get your mum to cook it for you and bring it over.
Speaker 11: Probably that one. Now that I've got the house, she can cook it for me.
Speaker 2: A good cookbook coming as well in August next year. That's very, very exciting. God the cats at the cattery is does it get me harder?
Speaker 11: Probably not. But the lucky thing for us is they haven't had their normal record. They're the last compared to the last few years, and we know it's going to be a tough game down there, but we think definitely that we can bring. If we bring our game, especially the first contests from the first quarter last week, we can take it up to them. It'd be good to get a win against them and kind of disrupt their finals run a bit.
Speaker 3: It sort of.
Speaker 4: Feels outside of tazzy Geelong would be the coldest place in Australia at the moment.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it'd be pretty cold. Yeah, similar to where I'm from in shepardon, I just checked the Whether Tales.
Speaker 1: Like Zara agrees, Yeah, I'm speaking of shepardon.
Speaker 2: Good Victorian boy, which with the premier Peter Melanowskis, there's this sort of feud and it's always started by someone else between just into Alan from Victoria v. Peter Melanowskis because they're a little bit jealous, Josh that we got named and one of the twenty most beautiful cities on the planet. You're a Victorian boy, but you've signed this giant deal to stay in Adelaide, and I dare say, who knows what happens post twenty twenty nine, he'll probably sign another deal. But I can see young Joshra Shelley just calling Adelaide home forever.
Speaker 3: You definitely don't want to put you on the spot here, But which state do you prefer?
Speaker 11: If you ask me that question before I moved over to Adelaide, one hundred percent Victoria. I don't think people understand how nice adeladies until they come over here. And I've had so many friends who've come over here and actually realized that. And I'm one hundred percent backing in South Australia.
Speaker 1: Appecial endorsement.
Speaker 3: Yeah knows his audience too, says Josh.
Speaker 7: My, Really, it is.
Speaker 6: So time for it.
Speaker 1: Let's go girl, I think I'd be right in saying this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Girls, sometimes you're not involved in these off air conversations that we have as women, but we have them anyway, and we're like, you know what, I want to just bring them on listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm always listening.
Speaker 4: We've got we've got like the iPhone and it's always in the next minute. Facebook ads pop up about something that you've spoken about. We've got news reader Abby in the studio, happily.
Speaker 3: Single this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, surely, living at home with her parents in thirtyving money.
Speaker 10: It's all good, saving money for a house.
Speaker 4: And we've got producers Zoe in the studio as well, and so fresh off your Hot Girl European summer.
Speaker 3: Back back on the dating apps. Yeah, how's it all going?
Speaker 7: Oh so good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'll hold onto the Europe somewhere for another year so you can go again.
Speaker 1: Do go today?
Speaker 5: One that has been a big topic conversation with my friends, particularly because one of us is going through it. What do you pick at my age or any age, your career or love?
Speaker 1: Sometimes you can't have both.
Speaker 7: No, no, it seems exactly.
Speaker 5: So someone close to me, she's been with her partner for years they're serious expected them to do the marriage babies think he has just decided he wants to move overseas for his career and he wants to.
Speaker 7: Do that alone. And so they've ended their relationship.
Speaker 5: And it's got us all talking because lots of us have been in this situation.
Speaker 7: My ex boyfriend and I. I asked if I moved, what would that look like? And he was the same. He was like, I'm not ready.
Speaker 5: To leave at the moment. And so it's a big one. Is your career more important than love? Or do you go with them? Do you stay and forget the career and stay for love?
Speaker 7: I don't know what.
Speaker 4: He's sort of got to roll the dice a little bit though, because you've got to put your ambitions by the wayside. If you're going and you're moving into state slash overseas to be with someone or.
Speaker 7: A partner, Yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: What sort of price can you put on true love? Though?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: I see you joke, but I'm a little bit like that. God, if I'm really really in love, is it's kind of worth it.
Speaker 4: Isn't it?
Speaker 2: It feels like either way, Yeah, like Joe said, you're taking a massive punt yeah. And if you do take a punt on one and it doesn't work, and you're going to sit there and be like, well, what if I'd made this decision back in the day and kind of a yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you get resentful that you're sitting over there and not pursuing your dreams and following them and letting them And then if it doesn't work out, my god, you'd be angry.
Speaker 6: I sacrifice so much for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, absolutely, which would have happened.
Speaker 2: And if you've got one of those stories as well, give us a call thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: But the broader question is career or love? Which path do you go down?
Speaker 4: Which path did you go down? I, as a woman, would always advise other women to make sure that you're financially secure and stable in your own right. Make sure you've got your own thing happening, because if things go pair of shape, which quite often they do, then you need to be able to stand on your and two feet. You never want to be dependent on a bloke for your financial income.
Speaker 2: The only thing that Jody needs a bloke for is to tell her the difference between bottom ball.
Speaker 3: But you've you forged your own way.
Speaker 4: Would you drop everything and move overseas or into stateful love.
Speaker 10: It's a tough one. I at the moment, I'm all about my career.
Speaker 9: If I met someone and they were going overseas, I wouldn't want to go because I like where I am and what I'm doing.
Speaker 10: So for me, I'm settled in. I'm settled in that decision.
Speaker 9: Obviously, still want to find a partner, but yeah, I don't think i'd move now if I met someone.
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Career or love? Have you made the choice? Is that choice in front of you right now? We'd love to hear from him.
Speaker 10: My Really, it is.
Speaker 3: So time for a let's go girl.
Speaker 2: Twenty four past day, So welcome to another version of Chicken Chat.
Speaker 1: The topic this morning career or love? What tough decisions?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes you have to make a choice. Is it possible to have both? Have you moved overseas for someone? Has it worked out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Let's go to Sonia from Vale Park? Good morning, Sonya, Hi there, good. Have you been in this situation?
Speaker 13: I have?
Speaker 12: I actually think it can be both. I stated someone for three months and then he was living in London at the time, so I decided to take a faith, a leap of faith and go across after three months, and then I think it's benefited in terms of my job process as well. So I actually think it can end up being both.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, did you know at the time that it could potentially help your career.
Speaker 1: Or was it a genuine print for life?
Speaker 12: No, it genuinely was a punt park because I work in a broadenough industry, so I think that in the back of my mind, I thought, yeah, let me give it a go and see what happen. But I definitely think it's it's definitely paid off. It's been We ended up there for ten years and we have now been married seventeen years and we have four kids.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a beautiful sonya.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask the question, if you had your time again, would you have done the same thing, and clearly you would.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, without a doubt. I actually think there's you know, I think we're sucking out our little bubbles where we grow up with what we know, and sometimes it's really good to expand a bit, and you know, in terms of what you learn from different cultures, being in different places, but also work opportunities everywhere now, so I think you can do both.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Sonya.
Speaker 3: Goodness me. I took a punt when I moved to the mainland from Tasmania.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that was a massive pump, wasn't it with all the technology and everything.
Speaker 3: I had to swim though, It's a big swing.
Speaker 1: Good fitness and cold to freezy.
Speaker 3: Actually, let's go to Kayla from Salsby. Good morning, Kayla, good morning, how are you good?
Speaker 6: Thank you? Career or love? What are we choosing?
Speaker 14: Definitely definitely career. Like I've been working really really hard. I've been doing placements. I've been doing studying for the last like five years to try and become a teacher. Currently I'm even in my placement right now. Don't help my teacher.
Speaker 15: That, please, don't.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like as well, o Kayla?
Speaker 2: Like, if you devote yourself to work, is there an element where you go you know, hopefully within work I do meet the love of my life.
Speaker 1: And if that is the case, and at least we're going to be in the same.
Speaker 14: Field, I'm to faith honestly, Like, while studying, I actually had a terrible partner and he was not supportive at all. I was doing everything by myself.
Speaker 8: Anyway.
Speaker 14: So I was just like, yeah, drop the loose end, drop the extra kid and focus.
Speaker 1: That's great. Allowed to you Cala very well, that's awesome. Ah, this is good.
Speaker 3: There's a lot to be said for.
Speaker 4: Focusing on making your own way in this world and then maybe if you're lucky enough, you'll meet the right person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they integrate into your life, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Should we continue the conversation next? I'd like tea thirteen twenty four ten. Where do you sit on this little version of chick chat? Career or love or can you have it both?
Speaker 1: Really? Chat chat?
Speaker 6: It is so time for a chat.
Speaker 4: Let's go girl, I love over career this morning, producers, Zoe's mate has just chosen love over her career.
Speaker 3: And let's see. Let's watch this space and see how that pans out.
Speaker 1: I'll watch the situation with interest.
Speaker 4: Shakira from GAULA, good morning, How are you good? You went the other way?
Speaker 13: I did. I chose love over my career. I went to started at high school and had a satuation with this and then I went to UNI and he ended up leaving to go to Queensland, and I actually chose to go with him and up my career, and seventeen years later we're married and got two kids.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: So, I mean it's a question that doesn't need to answered. But no regrets whatsoever.
Speaker 15: Scure, absolutely not.
Speaker 13: And like I was a bit of a stalker to him back as well. I literally was that infatuated with him, but I just couldn't talk to him and I just stared at him the whole time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he eventually caved and went, well, she's just going to stick around, let's go home.
Speaker 2: Get the words out of her. Have you been tempted to could you finish a unicorse?
Speaker 13: I have kicked myself for a little bit in not pursuing it. And I think a couple of years time, when my kids are a little bit older, I think I'll actually go back. And she knew it because yeah, like doing criminology something that I've always.
Speaker 15: Wanted to do.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of girls in this room, Shakira, who are very, very fascinated with criminology.
Speaker 3: They're disgustingly infatuated the podcast and.
Speaker 4: Why are we so scared all the time? Hi guys, thank you Shakira. Ella from Kensington Gardens, Good morning.
Speaker 15: Ella, good morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, you've gone down the career path.
Speaker 15: Yes, as someone who's recently gone through a breakas, I've been reflecting on this a lot, actually, and I do agree with you, Jerty. I think there's a lot to be said for finding your own sense of purpose and fulfillment. And I think there's so many amazing career opportunities for young women now, and so many dynamic companies out there that are willing to support young women in flexible careers. And I think get yourself thoughted first, and then you know, you know, I think love will always find yours. It's meant to be, so. I think making yourself, yeah, focusing on career first and everything else.
Speaker 11: Will caught itself out worth.
Speaker 4: Ella, it's one of my favorite sayings, chase happiness because misery will always find you.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, it's very uplifting.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. I thought your favorite sayings was that if you can't have my worst, my best. But anyway, yeah, okay.
Speaker 6: We move on.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ella, very good point there, and let's go to Jack from Harvey. Hey, joke, good morning, good thank you your thoughts on this, and welcome to chick chat too.
Speaker 3: We love it when the men get involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lad's good, Jack, Yeah, yeah, the boys all right.
Speaker 11: So I'm in a love situation at the moment, and I've been on both ends of the stick.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 15: I've also worked for some very affluent people who have actually lost their families due to work commitments.
Speaker 13: Yes, I've seen how that's affected them. And really, honestly, like you know, you can always make money in life, but you always find love.
Speaker 1: Check check you're making us all the morning, hey Jack.
Speaker 2: Honestly, though, I keep on saying this, and you don't want to say that you're motivated by stuff that you sound on social media, but you keep on saying these videos of old people saying if they could do it all again, they do it differently and they wouldn't work as hard.
Speaker 4: No one on their death bed has ever said, and studies have shown this, I wish I'd worked more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, that's correct, exactly right.
Speaker 12: And when at the end of the day, like you can make all the money in the world, but you go home from a lonely house at night.
Speaker 3: Why true, Jack, see.
Speaker 11: And find the one you love and don't make a bit of money, go on a holidays.
Speaker 4: They do exist. They're out there, the Jacks of the world are out there.
Speaker 9: They don't they've taken or they swing for the same team.
Speaker 2: Funny because it turns out Jackie is a I wh Yeah, got a little price to award.
Speaker 1: It's up to you, Jos. I think I know where you against.
Speaker 4: Well, I think Jack because you know he definitely got involved in chit chat and that's it's a really precarious space for men to wait into.
Speaker 3: So we applaud his bravery and also he's approached.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, mates, We've got a little experience of a Japanese hair spa for you.
Speaker 1: Just say heading off to the gym, no worries. Thank you for your contribution.
Speaker 4: Jack.
Speaker 2: It's good experience of Japanese spa. The ultimate hair treatment, had shoulder massage. Just say you went to the gym hen they betroded mile end Japanese hair spa.
Speaker 16: Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorge Speaking of very very exclusive free things, Sunderburst tickets all the details next and how you can score some last second Ta Birds, Grand File tickets, loose list.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is bit of fun.
Speaker 2: It started out as a listening exercise to help you, Joe. It's just better understand and absorb some information because sometimes face to face chat. Just wonder if those years are painted on I mean that in a lovely one.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to deny it. I zone out sometimes, but that's probably more of a reflection of what's coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Listening skills.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to be better with my words, yes, and you need to be better with your ears. Okay, So we thought, why don't we give you some noise canceling headphones and I'll say a couple of phrases for you, and you need to work out you need to literally read my lips and tell me what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: This has had some catastrophic results in the last couple of weeks and some fairly blue sort of yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm much sure if that's I just don't understand how some of these simple sentences you're interpreting into be some of the bluest phrases of all time.
Speaker 3: Will you come and whack off these headphones and see how you go?
Speaker 7: It's not easy.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll ever go in the future.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, let's have a go for this way, shall we. All right, let's just put these noise canceling headphones on you. All right, let's get into this first phrase, that's a lovely shirt.
Speaker 6: Thanks for coming delicious lips.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you got it. No, you didn't you?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, I don't remember the last time someone called me delicious lips.
Speaker 1: That's a lovely shirt.
Speaker 6: I have no idea what you're saying.
Speaker 1: That's a lovely shirt.
Speaker 6: Thanks for the memories.
Speaker 1: Not too bad. All right, We're gonna take the noise canceling headphones. Oh god, it is. That's a lovely shirt. Ah, but thank you.
Speaker 2: I do have delicious lips. That's very nice. All right, noise canceling headphones. Back on number two. I saw a panda sneeze today.
Speaker 6: I'd like to have sex later.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Kind of. In fact, it couldn't would not be further off with the subject matter of this. I saw a panda sneeze today.
Speaker 6: I like to paint, well, I have sex later.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is fantastic.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna take your noise canceling headphones off for a second. So the aim you don't just read, You don't just blurt out your thoughts. You've got to try and interpret what's coming out. I saw a panda sneeze today.
Speaker 6: I saw a panther later.
Speaker 2: That's not too bad, all right, let's take them off. I saw a panda sneeze today.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm supposed to get that.
Speaker 2: If there's anyone or anything on this planet having the least sex of all time, it's Pandas.
Speaker 1: Ask one woman. pH Yeah, all right, noise canceling headphones back on for the last one. I hate the ice cream truck.
Speaker 6: I like ice cream trucks.
Speaker 1: Ready, I hate the ice cream truck. You feel like you shouldn't say something. Ready, I hate the ice cream truck.
Speaker 6: I saw an ice cream truck.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is so very close last time you Ready, I hate the ice cream truck.
Speaker 6: I hate the ice cream truck.
Speaker 1: We'll give you that. We'll turn this down. That was I hate the ice cream truck. That was very very good.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you.
Speaker 4: It was really good and a little easier than Panda's sneezy.
Speaker 2: For goodness sake, stop trying to make pandas have sex.
Speaker 1: What wand it's.
Speaker 6: Not gonna happen. Well, they're eating ice cream.
Speaker 1: You can't talk it into existence.