Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Mass Funny podcast with me Joshua Fox aka I'm behind mass Funny. In tonight's episode of Married at First Sight, we welcomed back Elliott and Lauren into the experiment, and we also met their new matches for Veronica and Clint, and well, some things in Clint's story are just not adding up to me. So I've done a very big deep dive. I've spoken to a few people, and I'm about to present to you the confusing backstory of Clint the Golfer. Before I get to that, though, tonight we also heard expert John say quite possibly the stupidest thing he's ever said on this show as he was chatting about Elliot's return with the other two experts listen to this, So okay.
Speaker 2: Elliott, challenge accepted. We have found an amazing woman who's equally as compatible as Lauren was with.
Speaker 1: Him, equally as compatible. My what are you on? They were not compatible in the slightest. That's why he bounced Affter two days and that's why you now sat there remax him with somebody else. This is literally Elliott telling me during our whole a few weeks ago on this podcast, how not compatible with Lauren he was.
Speaker 2: That was really like one of the key things is like someone family oriented, and that was where we didn't aligne. Lauren was kind of like, oh, I would maybe have one kid, but yeah, maybe not. I don't know if it'll fit into my lifestyle, Like I like to travel, I like to do all this, yep, and kind of like made it like it would you know, it was not even going to be on the cards. Like that to me like an irreconcilable difference, Like that's something that you're not going to get past.
Speaker 1: The fucking these experts. They just chat some shit. Also, did anyone notice to Clare frank and grabbing editing fail and Elliott's backstory the audio of him actually just take a listen to this.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be alone, and so I'm open to learning about things.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be alone, and so I'm open to learning about Like how many sentences did they stitch together for that sentence? He absolutely did not say. Anyway, over to Clinton the golfer now and bear with me here while I cook on this, because I've gone full investigative reporter today and I have a whole case to present here and then a theory at the end. Zero point one order in the court. Now, during Clint's wedding reception to Lauren, when as tobias past relationships, he said this, if you don't mind me asking, like, when was your last partner? Lie? Okay, yeah, yeah, that was a ten year relationship. Notice how Clint specifically said that his ten year relationship ended around a year ago. Now, his wedding to Lauren was filmed on August thirty f twenty twenty four, so that'd mean his breakup from his ex was approximately August twenty twenty three. Right, Well, that's just not true. And this is where everything gets a bit confusing. So I've built like this whole timeline which takes me too point two order in the court. You know that big mansion he showed off in his backstory, the one he said this about humboly wealthy, definitely ambitious.
Speaker 2: I've worked hard for what I've got, But as much as I've got last car, I got two perfect fur babies.
Speaker 1: You know, he got a big house that's it's pretty empty. He actually moved into that pretty empty mansion in December twenty twenty three with his ex. They spent a year designing the property together. They spent a year overseeing the bill together, and then they moved in together on December twenty third, twenty twenty three, two days before Christmas, and they then hosted a big Christmas with heaps of friends there, Like I've seen pictures of this, which is weird when you think about how at his math's wedding in August twenty four, he's then suggesting to people that he broke up with his ex in August twenty three. The building company that Clinton his X used to build that big mansion documented the whole process from starts of finish on their socials and all of the posts are like still there. So these dates are mentioning of when the builders finished and when they moved in, Like they are facts. You can't dispute them. And you know what else, you can't dispute the testimonial that Clint and his X then left on the builder's website thanking them for building and I quote our dream home. It wasn't Clint just saying his dream home, and it wasn't just the X saying her dream home. It was them doing a joint testimonial as a couple talking about their dream home that they built together and moved into together just before Christmas twenty twenty three. So now you're probably thinking, what are you getting to here, Josh, which takes me to point free order in the court. You may also recall in Clint's backstory him saying this, it's real struggle.
Speaker 2: It has forty three did actually find someone? I've definitely had thoughts that might never get married, I might never find someone that I truly have that connection with.
Speaker 1: Now listening to that, you think, well, well, fuck, this bloke's been single what for years? Like poor guy? So then I got even more curious trying to find out, well, when the fuck did he actually split up with his ex? And then the last picture I can find of them together, which a friend tagged them in on Facebook, was posted on May twenty seventh, two thousand and twenty four. That was posted three months before his math's wedding, on ninety five days to be exact. In the picture, they're just walking those two dogs that Clint mentioned during tonight's episode, and it was shared by a friend who did the walk with them and then tagged them in it. But like the confusing thing here is when he's in his backstory, making it sound like he's been single for years and he just can't find anyone. I'm now thinking, mate, when did you even get the chance to try, because that's not much turnaround between you and you ex plitting up and you then getting married on the telly To try and then get some clarification, I reached out to people that know Clint, and I've reached out to people that know he's ex and then it got even more confusing. Clint Side say he broke up his ex in January twenty twenty four, a few weeks after they moved into that mansion together. They say that Clint said on the show they'd been broken up a year, as by the time it aired on TV, that technically be true because then it would have been a year. But then his ex girlfriend's side reckons that no, mate, they started having issues in January twenty twenty four, but they tried getting through that rough patch before eventually ending it all for good at the start of June twenty twenty four, which on my timeline puts out a few days after that dog walking picture was taken and tagged. Clint Side then say the dog walking picture doesn't mean anything. As they continued sharing the dogs after they're split, and would still walk them together occasionally. His exes side then say no, they were technically still together in that picture at the end of May twenty and twenty four, and then it just went back and forth and back and forth and fucked may. I thought, why am I even doing this? I don't care that much. But then someone from his exes side sent me a message that she'd like Jackie to her, so please enjoy this. Oh and spoiler alert. If you're confused why Jackie's being mentioned here, you must have missed my previous episode where I revealed how she's now in a relationship with Clint. She's moved in with him. He didn't last with Lauren, and there now a thing. But I won't get into that hair. But yeah, this is the message from the person on Clint's exit side that she wants Jackie to hear. Jackie, how does it feel known that the home you're in was carefully chosen by another woman? From the silver ware you use a dinner to the plates all picked out by someone else, How do you feel knowing that every towel and a piece of linen that you dry yourself with was chosen by another woman. Jackie is the bed you sleeping comfortable knowing that another woman once rested her head on that pillow, From the furniture to the glasses you sit whine from every night, even the bar where you enjoy cocktails, and the black toilet paper in the powder room, all of this, Jackie was chosen by another woman. I'm not gonna lie. That was kind of iconic ball or so fucking brutal. Also, how rich are these people firstly to have their own barroom in the house and then the specific black toilet paper in the powder room cant relate anyway? If you now thinking, well, what does any of that mean? And what the fuck was the point of this journey you've just taken us on. Firstly, since I wasted that much time deep diving and going through all of that, I thought you could waste some time listening to my investigation. And secondly, well, yeah, it doesn't technically mean anything, you know, regardless if they split in January twenty twenty four or June twenty twenty four are fucking I don't care. That's not important here, because my big takeaway and my theory after all of this is Clinton and Jackie will not last. And I say that because in the space of twelve months, he went from being in a ten year relationship to then marrying a stranger on TV after that relationship ended, to then swapping that stranger for another bride on the show you've seed filming. So I was Lauren. So then that bride you now with moving in with you as soon as you started filming that TV show. And yeah, I just reckon, at some point in the next few months, he's going to have like an epiphany and think, Fuck, I've got a heal I've got to be alone. I've got to take some time for myself. And I'm speaking from experience here when my own five year relationship ended and fuck we were married for real, not TV married, like it took me so long to mon that and heal from that and just recovered that I could not imagine bouncing into something so serious so soon, like old make Clint as. So there we go. I think I can't tell if this episode is funny or pointless, possibly somewhere in the middle. Thanks for listening. Goodbye,