Speaker 1: Gooday, and welcome back to Drafted talking all things super Coach Draft. It's your boy DOSSI here joined by my good friends in Super Coach Draft, leg Dog and Patch back again for the final episode of Drafted before the season starts. Because guys, it's going to be Draft day any day now, Leckdog.
Speaker 2: It has come around very quickly.
Speaker 3: I think I've got two drafts this weekend, maybe three, and I'm currently in one as we're recording.
Speaker 2: It's draft season. It's all happening.
Speaker 1: It is all happening. Patch. How about you, mate, Have you got some drafts coming up this weekend? I mean I think so. We're recording Wednesday night. This will probably go up sometime on Thursday, just to make sure that we get enough info out there for draft weekend. But heading into this weekend, the practice matches are in full swing and it's time to draft.
Speaker 4: Oh it's Christmas time, honestly, Like it's just the best time of the year. Why would you ever want to be the middle of November? You know, looking at cricket, O cares about that, Like, it's all about this weekend. It's all about drafts. Yeah, get excited, everyone, Get hope.
Speaker 1: Very Keen, we've done obviously all our rankings episodes now they're a couple of weeks old, and immediately there's about a thousand adjustments we have to do. Of course, if you do want to see all our latest articles on draft that Lecdog's been putting together and the team at super Coach have been putting together a lot of top one hundred ranks, adjusted draft boards, all the likes and the thing that we're going to be talking about today as well our mock draft that we recently did with a bunch of members of the Super Coach community. Head over to Code Sports you can check all those articles out. I'll put a bunch of the relevant articles as well in the description of this show whether you're watching on YouTube or on your Spotify or Apple devices. Now, guys, if you've been enjoying the draft episodes in the pre season, please leave us a rating, review, or subscribe on YouTube, give us a like comment, everything that you can do to support the draft platform. Obviously new stuff this season, so really Keen, and thanks for your support. We know there's lots of people listening out there, so I appreciate all that. Now, guys, what we're going to be going through today. I want to go through our adjustments first and sort of a reminder for anyone that has not been keeping too much of an eye on but have their draft this weekend. Let's talk about some of the recent injuries and then some of the older injuries that people need to keep an eye on. So Lekdog, we talked about your ranks throughout this preseason series. I want to get your thoughts on how far you shuffle these guys down in your ranks and what we think about. I'll just run through a bunch of the recent injuries because there is a lot, and there might even be more after we record. We're recording during the game tonight that's going on between Richmond and Collingwood. So these are just the ones that we've had so far. Zach Butter's going to miss the start of the season, Tom Green if he as well. Callum mill is going to be out to Round four. Mark Pittnett's not going to start the season. Brody Grundy today, we don't know the severity of that injury. Just keep an eye out on that as well. Hayden Young's re injured a hammy, going to miss the start of the season at least round one is what we've been hearing, and then ed Richard's touch and go for round one. But that's just a few. We might have even missed some there.
Speaker 4: There's probably Brody Grundy out with well, maybe out with a knee. We don't know. Mark Pittnett will be missing for a little bit. Ron Marshall, who knows what's going on with him, Like, honestly, we could let you go on like like and I can go to the pub for a beer and then come back and you'd still probably just be wrapping up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Lack, it's insane. What are you doing with these names? How far do you shuffle them down? And obviously dependent on the player and the injury.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it depends on each one.
Speaker 3: I mean they all get a negative bump if they're injured, they get a positive bump, if they're TDK a slight positive bump because of the lack of Pittnet for the first potentially six rounds.
Speaker 2: It's right, so someone's going to.
Speaker 3: Take these guys around where they probably were ranked anyway. So for instance, Zach Barters, I had ranked as my fourth top four sort of player. I bumped him down to ninth or tenth, because we're still not sure on what that injury actually is, or what it looks like, or how long it will affect him. I'd be willing to take the risk at the sort of the back end of a first round. I do suspect he probably goes earlier than that. In most drafts. He probably still goes in the top six. Callum Mills I never had really in my rankings considering, so I kind of thought he might get injured that he did. Tom Green did get a relatively big bump from me, just because we know he's going to miss at least a couple of weeks in the real stuff. We don't love that. And then Hayden Young is so recent I haven't even been able to bump him down because it's literally happened as we've covered it. I didn't even know about Brody Grundy. So there is you do take a hit to these guys. I guess the risk with a Butters and a Green. I'm still willing to take them in the first for Butters and second round for Green, just because when they're back they will produce really well. It's just how long you can cover them. And also the midfield. Pure mids do lack in depth, so they do get bumps, but you can still feel okay about taking them.
Speaker 4: How do you judge someone like Semi Flanders who's just kind of been under a weird cloud or preseason we've heard very little out of the Gold Coasters to whether he's fit, or if he's training, or if he's in rehab, or like how bad the injury is. How do you judge someone like that who obviously dropped blow the time once last year rolled Gold you know, would be top five, top ten in pretty much any draft if it's uninjured, what do you do with that? You know? Just void of information?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had him twenty sixth when we did the top one hundred a few weeks ago, and that was largely due to question marks over the role combined with the injury twenty six as where I landed him, the fact that we still haven't heard anything and we still haven't had any conferred reports.
Speaker 2: One or another.
Speaker 3: I've just bumped him back again. He's thirty six on my top one hundred. Now, that's like if you're doing an eighteen team draft, that's end of second round. If you're doing a twelve team draft. That's end of third round, and I understand he will probably be taken earlier than that by people who look at his average from last year, but just too many question marks there. I'd rather take it safer, ideally a pure mid pick there, maybe a really high in defender if there's one available, instead of taking the risk with Flanders.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My, I guess my philosophy has always let someone else draft the injured guy, especially especially if there is you know, largely a lot of question marks. And this is coming from a guy who was very happy to draft Sam Flanders, even knowing that he did have those sort of injury concerns at the time that we did this draft, and I picked him up at eighth overall, so I was happy to go there. But yeah, the closer that we get to the season, I'm certainly wouldn't be as comfortable. As you said. We haven't heard a heap, and I think the only thing that I've heard out of it was Dim Hardwick was on the Your Coach podcast produced by the AFL, and from what he said, I don't know how long ago they did record that, but they were saying that, you know, his back hasn't responded essentially, and that they're going to make sure they look after him. They hadn't mentioned anything about, you know, essentially a timetable, but yeah, he's one to watch some older injuries if you have been living under a rock in your draft this week as well, Kitty Coleman, he's not slated to return for a while as well. So he's another guy that I just wouldn't be drafting at all unless you're super deep. You've got big benches and you can sort of stash those injury players away, and I still wouldn't be doing it until later in the draft. And Adam Trelaw is a guy who you you actually factored his injury into your rankings already, so but yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Was dropped significantly again though yeah it.
Speaker 1: Was so long ago. I even remember half of these injuries. So make sure you do check out those articles though, as we said in the link in the description, because yeah, we've already factored a lot of these things in, but we thought we'd touch on them at the top of the show. But I want to talk about some other adjustments in the positive direction. We've heard a lot since we last recorded the ranking shows about you know, different players playing different roles, and those guys can sometimes and of course who's filling in these injuries, As you said, they can sometimes affect where we pick players as well in draft. Are there any that have stood out to you that you've sort of risen them right up the rankings in particular?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Look, not a lot of jumped super high in the rankings, as in the top of the rankings, but guys have jumped up from where they were. So guys like Liam Duggan, Guys like Will Day, who I had a lot of question marks over his body and stuff. He's apparently not missed a session this preseason. He's going to play pure mid. A few obvious ones. Jye Simpkins another guy that I probably underestimated how many forward line options we actually do have outside of the big sort of four or five guys.
Speaker 2: Ji Simpkin.
Speaker 3: His performance in that preseason the Indigenous game was elite, so he got a big bump. And then Jack McCrae. I was pretty conservative of him in the first place. He at eighty five percent or whatever it was center bounds attendance. He gets a bump. But then your boy Tom Deconning, let's talk about him. Is he going to be the number one rack this year for super Coach Doss.
Speaker 1: He the number one player of all time. I would say this season just putting up huge numbers. Yeah, I no, not the I'm not going to go as far as that, but I have been high on him all pre season. I had him number three in my rankings, and this was before we knew what the Mark Pittneck situation. Number three Rucks. Sorry, of course, number three in the Rucks. I've still got gorn and cherry out of him, but I've held firm with that rank. I just you know, I've just still got that patch last season. Patch. Speak to Patch about this, but I've still got that little patch in my mind last last season where he just went absolutely bonkers, just contested possessions for days. So I'm massive on him. Pat though, speaking of Patches, what is your thoughts on t DK.
Speaker 4: I'm just worried that, especially with kind of injury concerns over Kerno that you know, like kiddo bang out kind of a layers out a little bit. But he'll spend time forward this year, he'll spend time back. He'll just be I think he's a I think he's a good draft option I think, you know, you'd be pretty happy with him. But someone will go in real early, someone will jump in the second round on him, and I'm happy to let that person take that risk. I don't like I wouldn't be touching him until the third or fourth round at the earliest, and by that stage he's gone. So it's just he's one of those guys that I don't rate as highly as a lot of other people do. I think he'll be I think he'd be good. I don't think it'd be a bad selection. But I'm not jumping on him as early as other people will, and I'm more than happy to let them take that risk. I'm happy not to have that buy. And I don't have any stocks in him this year classical draft, and that's that's fine.
Speaker 3: I will say, I'll put my cart and hat on here. We have been as fans demanding that the club get a backup ruckman for the inevitable hit net injury, because there's been concerns that we don't have any backup rock. We don't have any backup ruck. So the good news is that we literally it's Tom Daconnig and it's Harry McKay and it's maybe Jack Sulvanni, but he's a defender now and I don't study any intentions, mate. I would love if Hudson O'Keefe was the solution to these problems. I think he's a jet, but it's not gonna happens. It's t DK, at least for the first six or seven Weeks's number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I picked him up. Just a flashback to the and a bit of a sneak prevy of the mock draft we're going to talk about. I picked him up. It's picked seventeen. I had to get my boy way back then, so I got him in the second round to your point, Patch, and I don't know how far he'll slip now, especially with this hype coming around him now. Some of the guys that I have risen up my ranks as well, just some defenders with that mid sort of time flag. So you mentioned Dougan as one. I'm also pretty high on him going up now. Had to sort of see it to believe it, and I've seen enough already, even if that is just some grainy intra club footage as well on a YouTube live that I may have watched the other day. Harry Perriman playing a bit more midfield. We're seeing that apparently we are recording during the game, but we're seeing that a bit as well. And then a Trent Rivers I quite like, risen him quite a bit up the rankings as well. Where do you sit patch on A Riley Sanders who we've talked about Trelaw being out, We've talked about you know, I mean, we haven't talked about Bevo, but what are you thinking we need to talk abouts?
Speaker 4: There have been reams of words written about Bevo's unreliability from a fantasy footy perspective for years, and I like, we've got so you know, so hypothetically Ed Richards missus round one, Trelaura is out, Bailey Dale is say out, and then you know, Marcus Bondapelli has a cold. Raleigh Standers could still start as the sub. He could still just be in the sub's vest despite all of that, And they have a center bout like of James Harns and Lockie McNeil and some blow Bevo dragged off the street three minutes before the game started. Like I again, like he's one of those guys. I'm like, he's a good footballer and he could score really well, and I can see a world where it happens. But somebody else will be more keen than me, and I will let willing to out have somebody else be more keen and they can reap the rewards. And I'll sit back with Alex sneelbull. And after three rounds of Sanders scoring one hundred and ten, he goes back to the VFL two weeks and is then sub and then plays back pocket. And meanwhile Alex snowball and has scored eighty five every week. And I'd rather that than deal with Bevo. This is not This is not Ralegh Sanders slander. This is Luke Bebridge slander.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's probably it's probably a point to the salary cap hype as well if you do have you know, everyone's most people play a bit of both, I think these days and if you're just hearing it, a lot of these guys were talking about have that salary cup hype as well, because role, you know, work both ways in both formats. Let's talk about one last guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think to that point, like, that's my biggest piece of advice. Twenty on drafting this weekend. Take the salary cap HiPE out of it and let other people take that run, take that risk, you know, throw that name up and unless they're Caleb Daniel, just and just leave them be. I think Caleb dan is the only one the salary cap hype who really justifies it.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about just one last guy before we move on to the mock draft and look at some of those results and some of those learnings. But Sam de Coning in the Rock brother of Tommy, my boy Tommy there. But look, he didn't have an amazing showing in the trial match that we have seen, and that's all we're going to get on for. If you're going to go for the draft this weekend, how much do you adjust him in your ranks? Patch is shaking his head, But Lek, where did you land on him in your final sort of rankings as a defender eligible player?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's not in my top one hundred. I'm looking through the current draft that I was active in and he went in the middle of the eighth round, so I can't do math very quickly. That's about pick eighty maybe pick ninety. I think that's a reasonable swing. But honestly, I'm relatively conservative in terms of the players I look at in drafts.
Speaker 2: I you know, around that.
Speaker 3: Mark, you've got guys like James Warhole, Finn Kahan, George Hewitt, like I'd probably just rather back in the known floor guys. It's an interesting prospect if I could get him a little bit later in drafts, but the hype has probably killed that I'd look at him. But also he might just not be a very good ruckman. So that's a real possible outcome of all of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't seen it. Yeah, let's get into our mock draft results. So, as I've mentioned, Lecdog did a ride up of this. Now, this was a very fun mock draft, thanks to everyone who was involved. So we did this with community members in the super Coach community. Had a bit of a mixture of some classic players and traditional draft players as well. Did not get a nice little mixture of people which you generally get on draft day in any draft. So for those wondering our league settings that we drafted in this one were four defenders, five mids, one ruck and four forwards. We did have captains off as well, just in case that effects where your ranking standard. Where these players went and just for the people involved. Of course, there was the three on this show. Here we had the Phantom and our Payton as well from the super Coach team. Then there was hef from the Keeper League. We had Stevie Fears from the Draft Doctors. We had the overall winner of Classic last year, Joven. We had Pig Mentality from Doctor Supercoach. We had the Goat Marera's magic on board for this one, Abs Magic as well for his Spuds and dr from super Coach sow Play. So all these guys, thank you so much for being involved in the draft. But let's talk about some of the results in some of our learnings. I'm just gonna be going through the first round. I might even get through the first two if I'm going quick enough, and then we can just discuss some of our top picks and some of the lessons learned, because I think the lessons learned for me was pretty interesting. So pick one. It was the Bond, then Butters. Obviously this was pre injury. Tristan Sherry went three, Max Gorn four, Nick Dkos five, Harry Sheesel six, Zach Merritt seven, Sammy Flanders eight, Jason Horn Francis nine, Caleb Sarong at ten, Locky Whitfield at eleven, and Jack Sinclair at twelve. So that was the first round. Then we did a snake draft, so the phantom was picking at twelve, he had the first pick. In the second round goes to Isaac Rankin, Locke, Neil Luke Ryan at pick fifteen. Jack McCrae picked sixteen, Tom Dacooning at seventeen to yours truly. Then it was Andrew Braiser at eighteen, Role and Marshall nineteen, Tim English twenty, Tom Green twenty one, Josh Dunkley twenty two, Isaac Heeney twenty three, and Dane Zorko twenty four to round out the first two rounds. Guys, maybe let's just talk about those first two rounds. First, Lekdog any surprises any obviously you know Zach Butters is not going to be as high as he went, but any any changes, any surprises, and he picks you sort of well shocked at what was the how to play out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, the names are all relatively in the right areas. For me, what I was surprised was probably the order in which they went. And so in my article I talk about this, but last across the last four years, the average amount of players that go one ten plus in Super Coaches eighteen. Last year it was twenty and there were sixteen players that went one oh five to one ten, So there were thirty six players who averaged one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and five points a game or more.
Speaker 3: Of those thirty six, only twenty five percent weren't either a pure mid or a pure ruck that are available to be selected as.
Speaker 2: A pure mid or a pure ruck this year.
Speaker 3: So my focus in drafts is to lock in either that super upper echelon ruck or those super consistent pure mids. And we saw a lot of defenders, a few forwards rankin went early in that first round or the middle of the first round. As a forward, I just think from a purely getting points on the field perspective, it's rucks.
Speaker 2: And mids should should be the focus.
Speaker 3: And I appreciate the logic that you want to get a really good forward or a really good defender. I think by the end of the draft we found that defenders and forwards are actually deeper than we thought and you can find those points later on. So for me, it was just I was just a bit surprised to see some of the forwards who went before these gun mids that have the potential to be one oh five one to ten.
Speaker 1: Plus patch wee similar thoughts for yourself.
Speaker 4: For yeah, once I kind of step back and had to look out of it, look at it. Yeah, I think, yeah, it was certainly the priority for me was trying to get to many points on field. And then by the time because I picked twos my butters and then had Heni on the way back, and by the time Henie had gone, there weren't a lot of guys that kind of really appealed to me. So I then pivoted into the forward line, and I think that was something I was really glad that I did, because I saw there are a few guys that kind of punted forwards. ABS picked the rest of his team before he picked his first forward, and it was kind of like getting really bottom of the barrel really early, I felt him forwards. I felt there wasn't a lot of depth there at all. So I'm kind of glad that I dipped in there pretty quickly, but certainly wasn't like the highest priority. I was certainly trying to fill kind of all the lines relatively evenly, and I feel like that gave me a pretty good, pretty good side, But yeah, I was kind of surprised at how big the drop off was for some of the forwards as well.
Speaker 3: I think the interesting thing for me, and I'm not picking on New Phantom, I know you're listening, but Phantom had the last pick of the first round, the first pick of the second round Jacksonclaire and Isaac Rankin and defender mid and a forward, which I understand the logic of wanting to sort of sharpe by the end. But the guys that went after those picks Locky Neil average one hundred and twenty last year, Luke Ryan average one hundred and seventeen, Andrew Brayshaw average one hundred and ten, Tom Green he wasn't as injured at the time, Dunkley, he need all these guys, all these pure mids crips went after those type of players, and just my personal philosophies, I'd much rather have the guys capable of going one ten plus in the mid one oh five plus and then sure, I might miss out on the forward that averages ninety, but I should be able to find a forward who averages eighty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fair call. I think in his defense he did, you know, just to defend my boy over here the fans.
Speaker 2: It's just an observation he is listing.
Speaker 1: He did pick up Sam Welsh, I think at value, who's looking like you know, he potentially he might play earlier than we thought he was going to play, so picked him up at nice value. So look, if you're listening, fans, you know I did the right thing there and defended you on But we.
Speaker 2: Don't lose the draft of draft night. You don't lose your league of draft night.
Speaker 3: The way everyone's team looks pretty good on draft night, it's what you do afterwards.
Speaker 4: That's it it is, I think as well, and Lecky pointed it out very nicely in the piece that went up. I think it was yesterday this week at any rate, was that the rock run started really early, and you know, was kicked off by Dossi Rauching, Tom Bead at seventeen, and then we had a Racial at nineteen, at Tim English at twenty, Toby Nane Kervis at twenty one. So we had six rocks off the table by twenty five, which was four more than I expected to have gone by that point. And then we kind of had a bit of a bit of a lull with it, but yeah, I certainly found that very interesting, interesting to the rock and started very early, and some people just couldn't resist getting in and making sure they grabbed one. When you know, Leck, you picked up, but did you pick up You had shared Witz late and then partnered with Ned moyle and ABS picked up Raley O'Brien, you know, in the second last round. And if you're doing if you're getting Raley O'Brien in the second last round, you are laughing, you're doing very well because that means you get Merit bray Shaw, down Houston Hat and Young in your first four rounds, which is what ABS did. And I think that looks much better than you know, say no a rowand Marshall or a Tim English or Tom Dakony and then three other guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think to Le's point earlier, like with the top mids and top rucks, I think, if you do miss out on those top guys, I'm so happy to punt, you know, not the mids, but to punt those rocks. Just get them later in your draft. And like I was kind of hoping as well to start that rock run that was part of that. I mean, you know, I also wanted Tom Decony and my team. I'm just you know, enamored, and I thought, you know, this is a mock draft. I want to see a team that I like on paper as well, and he was my man. But I think in general, I was noticing, Yeah, kept I was trying to call their bluff. I was almost thinking about just drafting an extra ruck because I'm looking at them sitting back, smug getting all the great picks and not taking those drafts to not taking that ruck till super late in the draft, and yeah, they totally benefited. So you know, maybe your league mates aren't as kind and they might stash one away on the bench and stitch you up. But it is a valid strategy, the old punting the rucks.
Speaker 3: That is a risk, but I've seen people do that where they take one to three drafts in a ruck and then everyone goes, right, well, I'm not trading with you, and you can't fill those rucks, so you're stuck with two good rucks on your bench you can't do anything with. So I think most people won't dog here. And I think, well, if you're in like a twelve team league, you're always going to get a good ruckman. If you're in an eighteen team league, Yeah, you're going to struggle. You know, Jordan's sweet Matt Flynn might be your one. But I just wanted to shout out my boy Patch, who's here on the pot it picks seventy one and really come around Since this drafts, I've done a few more drafts and he's going around this Marc but Darcy Cameron and then I sort of dived into his numbers averaged one hundred and twenty six ten the year across five or six games as the main ruck at Collingwood. No reason to see that sort of stopping. There is value Lloyd meek Win in the eighth round, Darcy Cameron in the sixth or seventh round. Like, there's plenty of value late for rock. So yeah, I'm happy to if I don't get you know, Max Corn or Tristan Jerry, I'm pretty happy to wait.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I really like the value late for defenders as well. Well, you know, I kind of didn't pick up one pick one up early, but you know, you know, you end up with guys like Karl Aim and going, you know, pick ninety eight or I think it's ninety six. You know, you get Guy Mason Redmond, Kane Farrell, Kitty Cole when I know is a bit is injured, but you know, around that pick and twenty.
Speaker 1: Mark Lucky Ash one thirty seven to yours truly, you know, yeah, there was, like you said, there's so much value late and.
Speaker 4: Yep, yep, you can really just get rid of them early and or just not pick them early rather and then just pick up some value LD. So that was one thing, yeah, I thought was pretty noticeable.
Speaker 3: One thing I thought was interesting as well, just a trend that I've now seen across a few drafts, is there's a few pure mid players who we have no reason to sort of really hate, you know, Ollie Wyan's Matt Crouch esque type players that are going really late, and they're guys who could average one hundred points a game or pretty close to or should average one hundred.
Speaker 2: Points a game.
Speaker 3: But there's just a few of these types of guys where everyone's just kind of ignoring them.
Speaker 2: And always in these drafts it's just like value.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you don't have to like match Crouch's game, but if he's playing, he's going to have a lot of the pill.
Speaker 2: That's what he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's guys like you much happier a lot of drafters and you know, including myself sometimes as well. You're much happier taking the Finn Callahan guy than you are taking the Stephen Canelio. You know, like they'll just go way later in draft. You're enamored by the breakout or the taking the game to the next level, and you'll take them earlier. And then, yeah, these guys are often just sitting there on a platter at the end of the game. Mostly the old guys, Let's be honest. It's always the old dudes.
Speaker 4: So like I'm happy with Tim Kelly at one hundred and nineteen, Like I'm stepped with that, And you know, they're all across the draft, you know, Wines when a few picks before that, Jack Varney at one forty one, Robotom at one forty two. There's just so many midfielders that will just slide because people aren't interested. And then no, you're laughing.
Speaker 1: I'd say that's probably my biggest lesson learn. And I think we'll move on to just some of our favorite picks or questionable picks just after this, Before our final thoughts, but my probably biggest lesson was the around the mids. And again to your point, like, I think I tried this strategy of smashing the mids, but I did kind of go positional early, so I think Lexa he mentioned it, I would just hammer away some of those mids early because I sort of left it a little bit and then I tried to sort of catch up and I was really going hard on the midfielders. But then it's sort of knowing when to turn and when to know where the value is elsewhere. And I think the way that I really want to look at it heading into draft day is just assess at each position. Obviously you've got your ranks, but just assess at each position where you think the top you know, the top dogs are, and sort of look at the depth a bit more. I was kind of just looking at, you know, players available, but really look towards the depth, and the moment that the depth starts dropping off, you sort of just switch to the next position. So that's kind of where I landed on it. But interested to hear some of you guys favorite picks in the draft. I was kick it off with with Lek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think I mentioned Darcy Cameron before as one of my favorite picks. I really like Howr Perryman, who went in the hundreds. Now we're recording this, we don't actually know how he's performed. In the practice match. I took Matt Crouch at one hundred and six. I kind of I liked the midfield sandwich, which was my tactic, which is a.
Speaker 2: Really good one.
Speaker 4: On top.
Speaker 3: They'd kind of fill out the rest of the team and then sandwich in towards the end there with some other solid mids. So I think they're the guys that prevent present value. And I really liked Phantom, I know I potted him before, but Tom Libertore is like the forgotten man every year, and I think he went a picked sixty or something and no tra law. They need some leadership in there. I don't think Matt Kennedy is going to come in and steal too many points off a guy like Liver.
Speaker 2: So that's just one.
Speaker 3: It wasn't particularly late, but it picks sixty. I mean, you're stoked having Tom Libatoo there.
Speaker 1: A nice one patch. You got any any solid picks that you liked in the draft, And I actually do want to do a couple of questionable picks too, so maybe prep that like Quale Whale and stitch up.
Speaker 4: That's fine cow, Yeah, I'd like like gave me the very nice shout out for decam at picked seventy one here and Briggs for the Goat Selby Brero's magic at eighty one was I think one of the picks of the draft. I think Briggs has a lot of upside this year, and you know, you get in a bunch of guys beforehand and then you get a rocker can also still average one hundred and five if things go right. Was huge from him. Willem Drew at picked one thirty. He's now apparently picked up a niggle and a little injury, but at the time that was a wonderful pick. I think from you lack as the bottom of the sandwich and Jase bergoing as well. From Selby is another one of those guys who might may well pick up defensive eligibility and be a really nice defender option. But yeah, I thought he was very good. And I'm gonna give myself another shout out for Blake Acres at pick one seventy or one, Yeah, one seventy my last pick of the draft, which I'm very happy having him sitting on my bench. I feel stoked with that.
Speaker 1: I might just shout out before before the Sam to Conning. This was before the SAMDA Coning hype, DR picked him up at pick one twenty five in the eleventh round, So I think, you know, if you had your draft nice and early, DR would have been going. Okay there. He was definitely on the train before there was anything about him and sort of moving into a rock roll. That was sort of one that I quite liked. I also liked. I mean it might have been considered maybe around where he should have gone, but Tommy Powell going as well in the tenth round, one hundred and tenth. Overall, I quite like that from the reigning champ in classic who named himself Cooper Bell Pepper after his boy Cooper Bell up at the Suns, that is Joven, so shout out to him as well that I thought that was a solid pick. Let's move on to some of our stinkers. Who have you got there? Leck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, El, I'm gonna pop you on the pod end In the article, it's the so al took McGovern and sicily was picked forty six and fifty one, and then dr took Tom Stewart to pick fifty three and still looked all right last night and loosened to four. But those three players are just three players I don't want any piece of and I don't want any piece of them in the forty to fifty range, not even close. Sicily is probably the biggest defender of that in my opinion. Just they're brought in two jet defenders. Maybe it frees him up and allows him to be a looser player, but in all likelihood, I think it just means he gets flung around the field a bit more. And then McGovern dominated last year, massive scoring, massive output, played I think every game, but every single thing that could possibly go right for him, which historically doesn't go right for him, went right for him, and I think replicating that is too tough. So I'm out on the three old defenders.
Speaker 1: Patch who had a stinker who just just a you know, a one off stinker maybe, but who a.
Speaker 4: One off stinker? I reckon there was a really big breach on this guy. In the second round. Tom to Conne it was like, I know, I know you had to do it for the bit, but I do think Tom Cunning was such a big reach, and while it did set off the rock run, I just think you'd need you. It was just too early, like the guy like Andy Brayshaw went the pick after Tom Beconne and then you've got Tom Breen, Josh Dunkley, Isaac Keeney, Elder, you all coming after him. And I just think that I haven't drunk the cool aid like you have on TDK. But that was the pick that really made me go Okay, all right, I guess we're doing it well.
Speaker 1: That was that hurt love you boo Illy, the Ralf, the Ralf meme there actually just be quickly. I did see a couple more positive picks that I want to shout at before any negative ones. But Bailey Humphrey at one hundred and seventy fifth in the fifteenth round, so that was AB's magic was all over that early days. And then another one. This was before the hype. That's what I'm sort of saying as well. So these guys will probably go a lot high now in draft day, and we've adjusted them a little bit up as well. I'm sure dr picking Hugo Garcia at pick one sixty four. Now, whether or not that's a season long amazing pick, but to start the season, I think it's looking like a pretty solid solid pick there as well.
Speaker 4: I will give Ralely Till though a shout out as well. You did pick Till for at one oh four. This isn't just me trying to make it up to you, and I thought I was a pretty good pick considering forwards. We're really starting to dry up at that stage.
Speaker 1: I'm going to pot shot the Phantom myself pick one hundred and nine. He had Kitty Colem and this was when he was already announced as injured. I don't know if that was an auto pick, but let's give the Phantom one on the way out, guys. Any final thoughts heading into draft, Any final advice you want to give to people having their draft this weekend, next weekend, whenever it is? Final words of wisdom Lecdog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you don't lose your league on draft night, but you can set yourself up in a good position if you draft well. You don't have to do a full draft board, but just have an idea of sort of the rangers that you're willing to take players, and have a rough idea of like you want to go forward for a mid first, and then a mid and then you know a good defender. Just have a rough idea. But yeah, the main thing is just bloody have fun.
Speaker 1: Have a bit of fun. Patch you got any more words of wisdom for us?
Speaker 4: I think trust your gut. I think it's just kind of like, at the very least, you know, if you trust your gut you pick, you go early on a guy and he explodes, you're riding the high. But if you you know, have a gut feel and you're like, oh, Harley Reeds sitting there, I really want Harley Reed. No, no, I'll do the safe thing and pick you know whoever else you end up picking, and then Reed goes one hundred and ten. You're kicking yourself all year. And I think that's part of the fun is just bride or die on your guys. And if you've got someone like a Dom de Conning who you're like, I need to have this guy reach on him, you'll have more fun. And you know you might get blasted for it, it might all end in tears, but at least you go out on your terms. And I think that's a more entertaining way to do draft than it is to be like super conservative and super boring, and you kind of end up with a team of guys you don't really care about. And then you know, you just kind of put around any middle around and that's fine. Like, enjoy the picks you're taking as well as making sure they're the right pick. And often the pick you enjoy is the pick that will score the most points and that's a natural decision. But yeah, just like, don't be afraid to kind of back yourself and get dog down in stats. And you know this guy scored ninety seven in round twenty one last year. Does that mean he's not going to be good enoughful Like, just don't overthink it. Just trust your gut when you need to.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, you speaking my language. I was going to say the exact same thing. Nobody ever gets snaked. You just didn't go early enough. You just didn't pick your boy early enough. Don't be snaked on draft day. Get him, pick him yourself. Get Tom Deconning in the second round. Do you get him when you want him? And yeah, I also picked Harley Read in the draft. For those wondering had to get my boy. Check out the full results on Code Sports of this mock draft and thanks again to all the people in the community that joined in on that, all the famous people in the super coach community for joining in. That was awesome of them to take part in that. Again. I'll link all the all the stuff you need in the description below for draft day. We hope you have a great draft and this will be the last episode of Drafted before the season starts. But looking at doing some as well for your waiver pickups, because as lec Dog said, you don't win your league at the draft, you got to keep a keen eye on those waiver pickups. Make sure you get your free agents and waivers in mock draft.
Speaker 4: I didn't win that on the draft. I won that one of the draft. We don't. Yeah, sure every other draft you don't want to draft.
Speaker 1: No, but that one. Yeah, okay, fair enough? All right? And you can also trade as well throughout the season, so maybe some trade advice some waiver pickups along the way as well. Thanks guys so much for listening as well. Thank you to lek Dog and Patch for joining me on this preseason ranking shows and this mock draft review as well. It's been a pleasure lads. Good luck in your drafts as well. Thank you again, very well