Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country. An elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Matt, Yeah, I've got a question for you. Are you someone that jumps in a pool when you and you hold your nose?
Speaker 3: No, thank god, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Nothing is more than when you see a video of someone doing a little jump into a pool and they go like this as they're doing.
Speaker 3: It, hold their nose, squeeze their nose to not.
Speaker 4: Kill Are you that kind of person?
Speaker 3: Of course he is. I think so.
Speaker 1: Do you go like that and jump in I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I don't have like a memory of doing it, but I wouldn't put it past.
Speaker 2: What do you mean a memory? When was the last time you went in a pool? Do you not jump in pools often? I am at any moment, I can like any pool I see, I go jump like being wet a lot if I'm like if it's like really.
Speaker 4: Hot, like yeah, I want to get I love swimming.
Speaker 3: You don't like being wet.
Speaker 1: But my question is to those of you that and there's a lot of people that do it a lot of people hold their nose. Do you not know that you can just let go and as you're getting in the water you breathe out of your nose.
Speaker 2: I don't even do that. I think if you just hold your breath and jump in, it goes up like.
Speaker 1: You can go out of your nose as you're going in. Like, I don't get it, because the water is not going to go up your nose because you're not breathing in underwater.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I think if you hold your nose when you jump in the water, first to die in the apocalypse.
Speaker 3: Surely, yes, it gives that saving week. Sorry, it's giving weak sleept.
Speaker 4: It like I think.
Speaker 1: Because I'm going on my euro summer, so my whole for you pages turn into like euro content. And I've been just seeing lots of videos of people like going to those little cliffs that you jump off into the clear water, and so many people hold their nose and every time, like, if Aj did that, I'd break up with him.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, that's an ick for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is a huge ick.
Speaker 1: What do you do if you saw sky jumping into a pool and he was holding his nose?
Speaker 4: Wait, does guy do it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've never noticed, and I think I would notice. But Sky's not a jumper. Guys, guys like you know, getting slowly okay, Whereas I'm like, can you know to a way tsunami seen that bond id as I jump in the fucking mortar.
Speaker 1: Can you please leave us a comment scrollers on this episode, if you block your nose when you jump in the pool, I reckon. It's honestly something that they were taught when they were a kid to do. Maybe their parents would hold your nose when you jump in, and they haven't let go of that action.
Speaker 2: It's a hereditary thing. It's a generational thing, Yeah, passed down through the family, because if you know what, you can break the chain. If you are a noseholder, you can break the chain and break the curse, break the family.
Speaker 1: It is not going to go up your nose unless you breathe in which no one is doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so why are you holding your nose?
Speaker 3: I don't know that. You make a really good point. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's something I saw on my for you page and it just shitted me off.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See.
Speaker 2: I also think, just in general, too many things when it comes to pools, like you don't need to wear a fucking swimming cup unless you're in the Olympics. Get the swimming cap off your fucking head. If you are a swimmer doing laps in a pool, absolutely, But people.
Speaker 5: Like yourself who dye their hair blonde and I don't want any chlorine and stuff on the head.
Speaker 2: I'll get a purple shampoo, you fucking wankers, honestly, But isn't it.
Speaker 1: True that the swimming cap is literally not designed to keep your hair dry?
Speaker 5: Now, it's meant to, like so when you swim fast, it's like you get more fast.
Speaker 3: I don't know yero dynamic.
Speaker 1: There are some people wear it because they think it's like keeping their hair dry, but that's not why they use it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that.
Speaker 1: I got to comment the other day on one of our episodes saying, Brittany, that is bad manners.
Speaker 3: It's bad manners. That's why I gasp every time she bloody does it.
Speaker 4: But like it's fucking twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: See, don't.
Speaker 2: I don't agree on better out than in. I think keep it in until you're by yourself or just a little you know, burp into this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one just like shot out of my mouth.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you both the questions? I also think no, I also think I think we need to be a little bit more.
Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 3: You know, we need to treat burps like we treat farts.
Speaker 4: I disagree.
Speaker 2: No, they are the same thing, and they are just as disgusting as one another.
Speaker 1: But it's just like sneezing, like it's a bodily action.
Speaker 2: Sneezing you can't help, but burping you could. You could be a little bit more gracious about burping.
Speaker 3: You could into the mic.
Speaker 2: You could go, oh, sorry, if I I just leaned to the side, note that one just like fell out of my I did not.
Speaker 3: What's your question? You can go and your partners far in front of each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, I fight in front of AJ, but not like aggressively. Yeah, Like if I just need a fart, I just do it. But I don't like go over to him because I know hips a couples like go.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 1: I don't do that. But aj le spoke about this on the pot before. AJ has never fighted in front of me once, and he like stands by that. But I have heard him fart so many times in his sleep, and he's like nah, and I'm like, I'm going to get it on recording next time.
Speaker 4: Have you fighted in front of sky?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, as guy fighted in front of him? What kind of partner are you?
Speaker 5: I don't want to hear my partner's farts if when I get I don't want to hear him get them all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I kind of I kind of like that. I don't hear AJ's farts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, poor Skuy get that much for free, Poor Skuy, Because I'm just I feel.
Speaker 4: Like sometimes Matt, when we've been in a hotel or whatever, we like have to we have a far competition.
Speaker 2: We have a far competition, I think because like it's just like whoever does it first, It's like, oh thank god, now the other person can do it, and Brittain I will.
Speaker 3: I will literally have what okay? Sorry? We actually are going to lose listeners.
Speaker 2: We are because all we do is talk about shitting ourselves, vomiting, farting, burping.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with us? We need to get a rink, normal people. We need to get a grip.
Speaker 2: And why does every conversation and we started with holding your nose jumping into a pool.
Speaker 3: Here we are having fart competitions in a hotel.
Speaker 2: Which is funny because we do yes the first of fart brit usually the first.
Speaker 1: Also, farts are hilarious, like they're never not funny, like a chance I get, like, we have speakers at home that you can like connect to your phone, and if AJ's like playing music on the weekend or the speakers are connected, I'll go on Spotify and look up like one.
Speaker 4: Hundred fart sounds four volume, just to annoy him.
Speaker 1: Or if he's like reversing out of the driveway and it's connected to my bluetooth on my phone, I put on the fart noises because it's never not funny to me, and fighting is the funniest thing in the world.
Speaker 4: And I stand on that.
Speaker 3: Someone.
Speaker 2: I was playing Fortnite with someone the other night and someone googled what do they what are they google? And anyway, our video came up about us talking about quiefs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I forget what this was well.
Speaker 4: Before your time, Gay.
Speaker 2: King on demand. Yeah, I want to go back and listen to that episode.
Speaker 4: We need to.
Speaker 2: Can you try and find that please not now in your own time, Gay J when you're off the clock. But I want to listen to the Queen.
Speaker 4: I stand with the fact that I think farts are hilarious.
Speaker 1: Your farts can be helen and like sometimes like your dog would just randomly far and that's the funniest thing in the world to me.
Speaker 3: I found out it's called Queen on the beat.
Speaker 2: Queen on the bene nice. I don't think dogs farting is funny at all. That's actually the like the worst farts in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, like the smell is not funny, but it's sometimes sneaky will just be walking and then he just goes and then.
Speaker 3: And he's like, what was that?
Speaker 4: And that, like the sound is so funny to me. I do not like the smell of farts.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, where next topic? Please?
Speaker 2: Next topic? What else have you got for me? Because I can't do this any longer? I know, Oh thank god.
Speaker 1: You know what we need to bring back at the end of every movie, And I don't care what kind of movie it is.
Speaker 4: Bloopers.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you remember being a kid and you would go to the movies and no matter what it was that you were watching, you would stay around at the end because they'd always put a montage of bloopers what happened to bloopers at the end of movies? It could be the most serious movie ever or a love story movie, and then just to see the cast like having fun on set and just stuffing up and laughing.
Speaker 4: We need to bring it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bring back bloopers, bring back bloopers. Good point, though, wonder why they stopped doing bloopers. I don't was it distracting from the people who put because obviously the credits would roll at the same time, Like people are not focused on the credits, And maybe that's why they then moved to post credit scenes. Yeah, maybe, which how disappointing is it when you sit in a movie theater and wait for a post credit scene and there isn't one. Surely there'll be a post credits I feel like when we were young, fifteen minutes and then nothing and you just have to do the walk of shame out of the cinema.
Speaker 4: But I feel like when we.
Speaker 1: Were younger, there was always that blue per scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And do you remember when you get the DVD and you'd be able to select like a blooper section.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: And Shrek when they made up an animated fake bloopers. Yeah, Shrek, it was fine.
Speaker 1: I've rewatched two old movies the other day. Hell's Funny, Uh huh, that was good to rewatch. I don't think they had bloopers at the end. But then the other thing that I the other movie that I watched was the Sweetest.
Speaker 4: Thing with Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 1: That was the most misogynistic movie I've ever seen. If you go back and rewatch The Sweetest Thing, Like do you know that movie?
Speaker 3: Like I can see the cover, but I don't know what it's about.
Speaker 4: It's not really about out much.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: She falls in love with that guy and then he's at a wedding and she goes in like sort of crashes the wedding and she thought it was his brother's wedding, but it turns out it was his wedding and he was getting married. Do you remember this? If you just go back and rewatch that movie, that's everyone's homework this week. It's very like degrading of Cameron Diaz and the other two girls are the main characters. Like just I don't know the things that were in that movie, you wouldn't see them in movies today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like there's one.
Speaker 1: Scene where they're going to that I don't know if you remember. But they're going on the road trip to the wedding and they've got nothing to wear, and so they stop at that random town and they go into the costume shop and they're all real extravagant like camp outfits, like not suitable for a wedding. And there's this one scene where oh no, because they'd lost their clothes or something like, and that they were in their undies on the side of the road and then they ran into the shop covered in like magazine and then they were like in the change room, and it was the scene before they're about to put on all the funny outfits and do the little montage, and Cameron Diaz is in the mirror. Mind you, she's probably like she's in her twenties and she's like a size six, but she's like holding up her boobs and squishing them together as if though to be like, oh, like, my boobs are saggy and ugly, when she's like so fit and young. And they put that little scene in there, and I remember saying to like my friend that I was watching it with, what was the point of that little at that little moment there of her like squishing her tits up as if they were to say, like, oh, they're so saggy when she was like a young twenty something year old, and there was so many moments in that movie like that that made me go, they would not paint women in this way.
Speaker 4: I don't think in movies in twenty twenty six. Yeah, go back and watch it everyone.
Speaker 2: But I think any any movie you watched from like nineties, two thousands, it'll all be exactly the.
Speaker 1: Same, very sexualized, like when she and again, I guess that was the whole thing of the movie. They're on that road trip and they drop something and like Cameron Diaz like bend's down at the girl driving to get it, and then the other girl like is going like ah, and I'm like, I can't believe.
Speaker 4: I'm watching this.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just saw it, obviously through a different lens, Whereas I would have watched that when I was younger and thought this movie is so funny, and I watch it back now and I'm like, this is so like degrading.
Speaker 4: Of Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I wonder if she would watch that back today and go, oh, I can't believe I did that, or like I was made she.
Speaker 3: Made enough money, she'd be fine.
Speaker 4: True.
Speaker 2: I think if I made Cameron Diaz money, I'd go, yeah, I'd squish my tits up in the mirror and do all that as well and.
Speaker 5: Played the part of Fiona. And that was a total opposite message. So good on Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 4: Yep, she's had a great career. I really like Cameron Diaz, same like. I really like her.
Speaker 2: What I think of her way, think of that interview that she does where she goes what did she say? And she says, Pilar pinut, what have you seen the Cameron Diaz.
Speaker 3: No, Oh my god, it's actually really like her.
Speaker 4: I really like Cameron.
Speaker 3: Let me find it, Let me find it.
Speaker 5: She's also chosen to age gracefully, so she doesn't get any botoks anything.
Speaker 3: I love her but respect really.
Speaker 4: Yes, my best friend that.
Speaker 3: I grew up next door to her.
Speaker 2: Her mother was from the.
Speaker 3: Olympia.
Speaker 4: I ate it every single day, and you.
Speaker 1: Kept your your figure eating a dooble and again you kept your figure all the time.
Speaker 3: Her mom made the best race.
Speaker 4: I haven't been to the Philippies, but I grew up.
Speaker 3: With a lot of Pilipinos.
Speaker 4: Is she saying that as a joke No, I think it's.
Speaker 3: Just like a I mean, this is again early two thousand.
Speaker 1: And that interviewer back then said, and you kept your figure. This is what I mean.
Speaker 4: Like I felt that same way when I was watching the Sweetest Thing.
Speaker 2: But I think that that's her, like like I think she's saying it out of respect, because that's how they'd all like print out, Like that's what she's grown up pronouncing it, pronouncing it as I just I just love it the accent because like her face as well, just being like so serious and so excited to talk about it. It's like it was like that video is like she's been waiting her whole life to say Pilipinos in a in an interview.
Speaker 4: I just really like her as a celebrity, I have to say. And I've loved her in so many movies.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And then people were sorry people in the comments, No Filipino makes lumpia and adobo every single day. Oh, someone goes chat, is this a microaggression?
Speaker 3: Oh god?
Speaker 2: Oh no, everyone's saying no, she wanted to. Oh I can't read that one out. Uh okay, I can't read the rest chart. Oh my gosh, you're forgetting her last name is Diaz. She's Cuban.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Oh you go anyway? Shout out to Cameron Diaz. Does she have Instagram?
Speaker 3: Someone goes, is this a skin? Or she being serious?
Speaker 4: It does give off that she's joking.
Speaker 2: Everyone's saying she's really like, everyone's like, uh, everyone's being supportive. So yeah, I just think it's hilarious. Also, someone goes the Best Rice, How does that work?
Speaker 4: She's got twelve million followers.
Speaker 3: The Best Rice? How does that work? Rice is rise? Anyway?
Speaker 4: I love her?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love her.
Speaker 2: Shout to Cameron Diaz a friend of the pod, friend of the send her a text and see if she wants to come on.
Speaker 3: I've got her number. Actually like her.
Speaker 1: And Charlie's Angels just conne or.
Speaker 2: Lucy Lou shout out as well, gorgeous, love her, Lucy Lou and Drew Barrymore I guess as well.
Speaker 3: Out of the three, Lucy was my favorite. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love Cameron Diaz. I just love her.
Speaker 2: I just always thought Drew didn't Drew's character in Charlie's Angels didn't take the job quite seriously enough for me. You know, Lucy was there to fuck sit up.
Speaker 3: And get it done. Cameron was doing alright of a job, but Drew, I feel let the Charlie's Angels down as a whole.
Speaker 4: I love Drew in Fifty First Dates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is an icon. Have you watched that recently? No? I feel like, Yeah, I watch it and I'm like, oh, this is like doesn't feel like it's used to anymore. Yeah. Yeah, and also like a man relentlessly going after this woman who cannot rumor him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, forcing we need to go back and rewatch all these movies and see them in a different lens, the same way that you were talking about scary movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've grown.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we'll better get on that. See you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Oh and I brace Witherspoon. I love her as well.