Speaker 1: Matt, you are looking absolutely glowing today. What's your secret?
Speaker 2: Well, Anna, I've been using this new hydrating tanning myss called Goldie B with two e's.
Speaker 1: I have to check it out. I've never heard of it.
Speaker 2: Go to their instagram.
Speaker 1: I want the fairy Tale, I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put? This? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: Boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours.
Speaker 2: He's in a trash bin.
Speaker 1: He's non recyclable.
Speaker 2: Catching her muf I love being love, I love love. You're definitely airport hot. If I was, if I didn't know who you were, I'd be staring at you and I was like, baby, I'm everywhere.
Speaker 1: Hosh oh, where's your head? At? Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Hello and happy summer holidays everyone. We are currently not in the studio, but we are bringing you this episode because we didn't want to miss a week. So Hello, Hello.
Speaker 2: Anna, and welcome to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty four, and it's feeling good.
Speaker 2: Isn't it big year ahead of us, big year for you, big year for me? What have you got planned?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean my turn on of the week, it has to be it. It's wedding year. We're officially in wedding year, like less than five months until my wedding. That's flowing my mind. Still have so much to organize, but also just so excited. I'm a twenty twenty four bride.
Speaker 2: It's amazing. I can't believe that suck up so quickly. It has, Like his house, the planning going, Are you there? Are you?
Speaker 1: Like? Planning is going okay. I just think it's all going to fall into place, Like I'm not that worried about it. That looks worried because like, get that wedding sorted up a long way weird.
Speaker 2: It's just all going to happen when I get there. Do you have a wedding planner?
Speaker 1: No, we don't have a wedding planner. But the lady who owns the estate is helping us find vendors who are local to the area.
Speaker 2: So bendors like food supply.
Speaker 1: Vendors, so yeah, like the people who are going to do the catering, the lighting, the DJ all of that kind of stuff to make the party happen and fun. Have they found an MC We still don't have an em that we still don't have to taking my.
Speaker 2: Heart out of the ring? Yeah, I'm not interested anymore.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize there was a time of it on that.
Speaker 2: Yeah there is, you know it should it's corrected it. I should have had to call up by now.
Speaker 1: I mean, what happened to twenty twenty four, New Year, New Me, positive vibes.
Speaker 2: I would assume I would have had to call up. That's five months I got to work on my material. I'm not going to have it in time.
Speaker 1: Matte, you were ever working on any sort of material? I know you too well. Don't even try to play that card. What's your turn on of the year? Week?
Speaker 2: Mine is a new Year, a new me. I'm going to be the best version of my star and I can't wait to put my best foot forward for the new Year.
Speaker 1: I actually love that. And this episode we're actually doing what's in for this year and what's out? And I can't wait to touch on that because we have some real goodies in there. Before we get into that. What's your turnoff of the year?
Speaker 2: Pretty much on my turn on. My turn off is that recently, I've been so busy, you know what I mean, flying in a bit slack, flying in and out. I've just been doing a lot of work, you know. It's the pointing end of the year, everything trying to seal everything off. So I just haven't been going to the gym, and it's really been a turnoff for me, especially not going to the sauna. I'm starting to realize how much I appreciate the sauna these days.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, that's your me time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't been in a while, and I just want to get into it. I might look buying myself a sauna.
Speaker 1: So at least it's where would you put it?
Speaker 2: Put it in my bedroom, I guess, or out the back.
Speaker 1: So you can't put a tuna in a bedroom. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: I'll figure it out. I just yeah, I need to go sauna more and go to the gym more. And on that being the I sposure to myself, I'm going to go to the gym a bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough for my turn off of the week. I think my turn off has just been that I've been super busy, and I think now that we're in summer holidays, a lot of people are off work. I think it's just a reminder to slow down, to take it easy, to take some meatime, even if you're not going away, try and get to your local beach or try and you know, just go out in your backyard and relax, do nice things, read a.
Speaker 2: Book, go get brunch with a friend, catch up with all those friends that you are Otherwise during the year, when you're busy, you don't get to see I know that it happens all the time. Now when you get older, it's just like, yeah, you don't get time to hang out with people. So on the break, make sure you can do a lot of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: And I think learn to say no sometimes it's good to just not have a busy calendar. Even if you could have potentially gone to a friend's gathering, just say no if you're not feeling up to it. Just have some mea time, focus on self care. And I think that's so important, especially in January, just before the year is about to start. Like we all have such high hopes and expectations for our year. You know, we've both said this is our year, this is our time to shine. We're so excited, but also take some time for your emotional health and just take a chill, pil relax. Okay, it's twenty twenty four. We have some inns of the year, Matt. Do you want to start us off?
Speaker 2: The first in is working out, So what I said before as my turn off of the week, I want to work out a lot more. I've been slack having getting to the gym, So an inn is going to the gym.
Speaker 1: Next in sex three times a week. I think sometimes when we get busy, our sex life can sometimes fall it the wayside, and I think it's time to just like get those sex drives back up, have spontaneous sex. Surprise your partner.
Speaker 2: No one's three times a day.
Speaker 1: Don't even act like you're doing.
Speaker 2: That's being nice to strangers and people in general. So like that, you know, when you get busy, Like I'm not guilty of it, but I find myself sometimes, you know, forgetting to say thank you, or like just being in my own head when I'm rushing around in that and like, you know, you could get served or something and you forget to say thank you, then I will, for my damn it. I've known myself to walk back and say thank you, Just be like thanks for that, because like you're just in your own head, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There's nothing more attractive than just being nice to everyone, being nice to strangers. And then also just like not having a guilty conscience of being like, oh, I wish I wouldn't road rage that poor guy the other day.
Speaker 2: Or whoever it is, poor old lady driving the.
Speaker 1: Poor old lady who like was literally having such a nice day until I beat the living daylights out of her, you know what I mean, Like having a guilt free conscience, and I think just having that positive energy where you know that you've been nice to everyone, and I feel like the universe rewards you for that.
Speaker 2: It definitely does. Another one is reading the newspaper more in books, so I want to My mate buys a newspaper every day and he reads it and that's an effort. Yeah, he would always date if you had the day off, he'd go get the newspaper and sit down and read it. And I'm like, I think that's a good way. I get a lot of my news through like Instagram and TikTok i, I follow a lot of pages, but maybe just sitting down reading the newspaper, taking in my news that way I can see you doing it might be a lot better.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely on board with reading more. I think it also just improves your grammar and your spelling, being able to read quickly. I'm a slow reader anyway, but I think when I do read books, my reading just gets really fluent, and I think that's something that I want to do more of this.
Speaker 2: I'm undiagnosed dyslexic, so like you can definitely.
Speaker 1: Read a book or two for sure. Definitely new hobbies. Okay, this is a big one. I really want to get into pottery. I've said it to you a couple of times this year. In twenty twenty four, I'm going to book into my first pottery class. I'm going to bring a friend, and I really want to get into it. Yeah, you're more than welcome to come. We could even do like bring Michael, you could bring Tammy.
Speaker 2: You know you've seen from.
Speaker 1: Ghost, could read create a scene from Ghost. Whatever the hobby may be. I just think it's so good to be able to put your phone down and actually just focus on something that isn't work related, that isn't you know, money making related, and just be able to switch off the brain that way. I think that would be so cool and I'm definitely doing that this year.
Speaker 2: The next one's dressing up. Does it's mean role playing? I didn't write this one.
Speaker 1: No, I think dressing the way that you want to be seen, dressing like a CEO, going to meetings and dressing up, and you know, I sometimes fall into the trap of just being in my active wear. I'm currently an active wear right now, but dressing up, not wearing the same thing every day. Dress for the dress for who you want to be. Yeah, I think that's the big one. I love that.
Speaker 2: I've always said that. Another one is saving, big one for me, Yeah, putting some money aside and saving. I know it's hard over the Christmas break saving You've obviously got all the presents, holidays and all that sort of stuff. So I think a good one would be saving. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think as well. With like weddings coming up, I'm really like emphasizing saving money this year, and I think we'll talk a lot about the wedding on the podcast and saving money and how to save money. So definitely one of my priorities this year.
Speaker 2: Another one would be respecting people closest to you. So I think that, like, sometimes you take people close to you for granted. I know I'm guilty of this with my mum, my sisters, and even my partner sometimes that I just, you know, I take it for granted that they're there, and not that I don't disrespect them, but I I'm not the kindest to them because sort of when I'm with them is my unwinding time, and I don't.
Speaker 1: You're not trying to impress, trying to impress, Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, slip into just being like just relaxed and on my phone sometimes ignoring them, not listening to everything they're saying. And I want to be better at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that, and I couldn't agree more. That's definitely on my list of inns this year in twenty twenty four. Respecting the people close to you, the people you care about the most, and the people that probably probably have the biggest effect on your mental health, so you really want to like nurture those relationships. Absolutely. This one. I love adding chili oil to your food because God, I love chili oil. If you're a chili person and you like spicy food, chili oil is just so good.
Speaker 2: I'm not big on I used to be huge on chili and spicy food, but in my old age, I've sort of come back. I'm like, I don't I don't like it anymore. Really, Yeah I used to love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did used to love chili oil. That's interesting to me because your gut just a bit, a bit off.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't tickle on the way in, but it definitely hurts on the way out.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about our outs of twenty twenty four. The first one is burning out overworking ourselves. We are all guilty of this. I think we all live such a busy life. We're all on the grind and we go from thing to thing to thing, and sometimes we just don't take time for all ourselves and you burn out and it's not cute, it's not fun.
Speaker 2: And on that as well. Overthinking, So just overthinking. I'm the worst at overthinking, and I'm trying to get better at it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, my remedy for overthinking is gratitude. And it's so good because when you're overthinking things, you just start listing things you're grateful for. And I think Michael's mum actually told me this quote and I just think it's resonated with me so much. She's like, why worry about something twice? Like anxiety and overthinking normally happens when you're worried that something will happen. Well, if it does happen, then you're gonna have to worry about it if you worry about it before it happens, and you're worrying about it twice, So don't bother worrying about it twice this life.
Speaker 2: I'm not worrying about it. So then we speak about heaps as well. Alcohol. Yeah, I'm just, you know, I'm just I think the culture around it's changed a lot from what I'm hearing from people, and I think alcohol, I'm leaving that out as much as possib Obviously we're wedding special occasions, but just not drinking as much, not binge drinking and knowing my limits that I think I've learned so well.
Speaker 1: Even last year when people were going on school is there was a lot of chatter around the fact that the year twelve were much better behaved, binge drinking wasn't as bad of a thing as it was when we were younger, and I think people are just it's not a lot more aware. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I don't think it is anymore, Like if I imagine, I think I thought it was because I was old, when we're older now.
Speaker 1: But I just think that, like, it's just not it's just education. Yeah, you know, when people in our parents' generation like used to go into sun beds all the time and it was like cool to be tanned and that type of vibe. I think there was just a lot more education around sun beds, and then people stopped going in them because they actually care about their skin health and they care about the fact that like one in two Australians are going to get skin cancer in their lifetime. And I think the education is so much stronger. And I think education around alcohol is starting to get stronger. Even the fact that there's alcohol companies who are now making non alcoholic versions of their drinks. I think that's so cool and like so interesting. You know that I didn't drink for the end til twenty twenty three basically at all, and I'm going to continue that throughout twenty twenty four. Of course, I'm going to start so much healthier, so much clearer, less fuzzy, like more sharp.
Speaker 2: It's a present just suppresses you totally.
Speaker 1: So I think twenty twenty four, obviously we're leading into the wedding. I'm going to have a couple of drinks here and there. I've got my hands party coming up. You know, we just celebrated New Year. I had a drink there, and I'm going to pick and choose things that I'm going to drink at and I'm going to have fun. But I can also have fun.
Speaker 2: Well that's it. People without it, people pull me out, they go, oh, well, you drink here in that. I'm like, but I'm not drinking as much as I would normally. I'm not drinking as often as I used to. I'm just picking it for the right time, So serve me that I want to drink at. Another one on that as a suppressant is mindless scrolling. I need to stop scrolling on the Instagram TikTok. Just as I say that, pick up my phone, but I go stop taking that, like just yeah, that's the suppress and you get stuck in those.
Speaker 1: All is as well is when you want to like unlind right, you pick up your phone to unwind, but it actually doesn't unwind you. So you just need to remind yourself of that and be like, Okay, I'm gonna put this down. We've spoke about the hobby or like going for a nice walk or doing alternative things, reading a book, doing alternative things to being on a device, because all you're really doing, if someone's looking from the outside in, you're just sitting. That's all you're doing. Your mind might be moving, but you're just sitting. And we just want to be more active in twenty twenty four, So scrolling is out through twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Also, one is just gossiping about people, I mean like our Yeah, yeah, just talking about people that you don't know, like friends in that or like bitching and inventing and all that sort of stuff. Like I'm just done with that.
Speaker 1: You're just hooking your own energy onto someone else instead of just like focusing on you and bettering yourself.
Speaker 2: Just focus on yourself and people around you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And when you think about bitching about someone or talking tog negatively about someone brings you down, Yeah, move the conversation along and actually just catch yourself before you do it, because I think it's it's all about just being in tune with what the person you want to be and catching yourself out before you actually go into gossiping.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The next one is staying in relationships that don't serve you anymore. That's out this year. If you and someone else have grown apart, sometimes you just have to let it.
Speaker 2: Like I said, we're all busy. Sometimes you fall apart, and if you can't catch up with someone as much as normal, maybe then it's probably right. It doesn't serve you anymore, Like I mean, staying your relationships could be with a partner as well. You're not feeling it anymore, like and you just with them because it's comfortable in the sake of it, like you know, maybe look at breaking up with them. Ye, friends, jobs who go as far as like you know, clothes and actual material items like your car or closing that if you don't use them anymore, just if they don't serve you, get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Break up with them, wake up with it absolutely. And the final thing that out this year is impulse buying. I'm such a.
Speaker 2: Culprit or a victim.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a victim of impulse buying. I do it regularly, especially when I'm stressed. I find myself to say it. It's a dopamine hit. You get new things and you're like, Okay, I'm happy again. I'm not doing that anymore. We're saving this year, and there's no impulse buying.
Speaker 2: I used to be such an impulse buyer, like I would have it on Amazon or like bidding on things and buying stuff all the time. And I learned pretty quickly that I'm not going to save if you're doing that. So that's like I've been off that and I've been sober now maybe for three years, three years clean of impulse buying. It's just a quick dopamine hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, guys, that's our ins and outs of twenty twenty four. Head over to our Facebook page to add to our list. We want to hear from you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, and so this am I the asshole comes from an anonymous person. They say, hello, Anna and Matt, I want to ask you if I am an asshole. I went up to my family's holiday house over the summer break, where on a night out I met this beautiful man. We hit it off and had heaps of sex and a real summer romance. We agreed to catch up when we got back to Sydney for some drinks and take off where we left it. But when he picked me up straight away, I did not see an attraction to him anymore. I want to break it off with him now that I do not find him hot. Am I the asshole? Love you guys.
Speaker 1: So basically, she has met a guy on holiday, was really into him, and then came back home and she was like, he's not that hot anymore.
Speaker 2: Dragon asked was the dating pool wherever she went to the holiday house? I'm assuming it was somewhere, you know, not as big as like Sydney, and there wasn't as many people there, and he was the best that there was there.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Well, this has come up a lot recently that people who are situationally hot. Have you heard of that?
Speaker 2: I have, and I saw an episode of Seinfeld about it recently as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, like if you're at a gym and like, no one is like really tickling your fancy and then someone more attractive than the average person at the gym walks in, then you're like, oh, they're hot. But if you they're gym hot, they're gym hot. But if you take that person out of the gym and into normal life, they're not as hot as you thought they were interesting.
Speaker 2: So this could be like really any situation like work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if like, no one's really tickling your fancy at work, and someone's a little bit above average, you see them at work every day, you're like, oh, they're really attractive. Outside of the workplace, are they as attractive? Probably not.
Speaker 2: So they work hard, they work hot. Okay, airport hot as well. I remember that when we were at the airport the other day. Tammy was like, you're definitely airport hot. If I was, if I didn't know who you were, I'd be staring at you and I was like, baby, I'm everywhere hot.
Speaker 1: Of course you would say that, only they would say that. Of course you said that. But airport hot is a thing like people talk about this a lot on TikTok about how like people give each other the eyes at airports because they're airport hot, and I.
Speaker 2: Don't give anyone the eyes at the airport. Yeah, now they do I or we're both taken.
Speaker 1: But aeroplane hot as well on the air that would be the same as well. Okay, I've got one. What about a person in uniform talking about air hostess hot, like someone dressed up an air host or host deess.
Speaker 2: I can see that, and they're what, they're in normal clothes and they're not as hot, not as hot.
Speaker 1: Because they've not got the airport's slickbun and the red lipstick.
Speaker 2: It's hat that would go for something as like as even as far as like tradees. Maybe that when the trade takes off his uniform, the shit stash and the mullet aren't as hot when they're not in the fluos.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, do you know what I mean? The same could go for like nurses, doctors. Yeah, I think a doctor hot is a vibe like a doctor in scrubs.
Speaker 2: And I can see that a pilot on a plane. A lot of those pilots are not hot, but a lot of girls swimming over him because they're walking with their uniform and their little suitcase.
Speaker 1: What about holiday hole, Like you're on a single girl's or boys trip, you see someone on holiday, maybe you'd be more willing to hook up with someone on holiday than if you met them wherever you live.
Speaker 2: I think that's a thing that's definitely I've definitely been guilty of that. So I think this anonymous girl is she's not an asshole. I reckon it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's not an asshole. I remember I like met this guy when I was in Bali and he was from Perth and I was like obsessed with him on holiday and we like sent the week together. We obviously like I went back to Melbourne and he went back to Perth and then he was like, I'm going to move to Melbourne for you. And I was like so into him that as soon as he said that, I was like, I don't know if I feel the same, A bit strong. I was like, cat, you never.
Speaker 2: So I reckon, she's not the asshole. We'll take it to you guys. Do you think she's the asshole or no? Let us know, let us know. Let's wrap it up with a red flag or a green flag? Anna you go cursed?
Speaker 1: Okay, used as words in the wrong context.
Speaker 2: Personally victimized. Here, ah, green flag. You just didn't study at school. And he just you know, just maybe, like I said, is maybe dyslexic and he just doesn't understand it. I don't get words, these words on scripts, these words just don't This is I didn't write this, our producer wrote this.
Speaker 1: You've taken this very personally. He's sulking in the corner.
Speaker 2: I think it's a green flag. It's cute, it's endearing. Tammy likes it that I can't. She recoggests to discipher everyone in my message from the.
Speaker 1: Moment, doing it now, diaper or decipher.
Speaker 2: Decipher, decipher my messages every time I message her. She knew from the start that yeah, it's not it wasn't looking good. It wasn't looking good for me. And how I typhoon that you needed to get a spell lessons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think for me, if I was dating someone, it would maybe be a red flag. But I actually do think it's endearing. Like I'm constantly correcting you on words, and I don't think it's like a red flag. I think it's just like here, let me like help you.
Speaker 2: I just don't. Yeah, I just think that there's way worse red flags out there than that. I have one for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I can go for it.
Speaker 2: Picky eater, red flag, red flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it kind of annoys me because I'm like, just try things.
Speaker 2: I've dated vegetarians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're actually very I think you've been quite like understanding, like you've dated like vegetarians and vegans and like nothing wrong with being vegetarian or vegan, but you're like unbothered by it completely, Whereas like I think if I dated a guy who was like vegetarian or vegan, I'd be like, oh damn, that's annoying.
Speaker 2: Well, it got annoying, say when we went to like tar, we've got pizzas or something like that, and we couldn't share it, so we're getting like separate meal. Yeah yeah, Or like Chinese where it's obviously like a sit down chare sort of thing. That's when it would get not annoying. I'd be understanding of it. Definitely let them order. So I'd order one meat and then two vegetarians, and then I would order and eat from theirs. And I'd eat a lot of tofu in those relationships.
Speaker 1: But I don't eat any tofu.
Speaker 2: You don't any tofa. I ate a lot of tofu.
Speaker 1: Do you eat tofoo? Now? No?
Speaker 2: Why would I?
Speaker 1: Because yeah, eats meat me But.
Speaker 2: On tammy though, I had a mate that we were going through the macs dry through. This was a while ago, were coming home drunk and we're going home to his misso and he was like, did this random as of order? And I was like, who's that for He's like, for so my girlfriend when we get home, and I was like, what is that all about? Like he was like, no pickles, no onions, no this we can put this like this barbecue sauce on the cheese. And I was like, that's.
Speaker 1: Actually cute that he knew all of that.
Speaker 2: Though, well, in his defense, he only knew that because he had a list on a phone of her likes and dislikes.
Speaker 1: That's nice still that he's like made an effort to do that.
Speaker 2: Well, I have done and made an effort for Tammy. So I have a list of her dislikes and a list of her likes on my phone now, so now I.
Speaker 1: Know food wise, Yeah, food wise, what's her dislikes?
Speaker 2: I'm really throwing her under the bus here. Cucumber eggs, Benny Boy, which is my favorite. I don't like, you know, I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't like egg yolk though. Do you know that about me?
Speaker 2: No? I didn't. I don't have a list for you Anna.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I'm not expecting to.
Speaker 2: I just letting you know, mint mint in any of her meals or anything like that.
Speaker 1: But she'll eat chewing gum.
Speaker 2: No, she actually if you if I notice, think about it now. She never gets mint flavor chewing gum. She always gets strawberry flavored. Ah. Okay. If I think about caesar salad, baby corn and mushrooms, don't care for baby corn, you know, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I love caesar salad.
Speaker 2: I love caesar. I love caeesar salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, I could actually go with caesar salad after there.
Speaker 2: Same, I love them that dressing.
Speaker 1: It's a good January meal as well, Like you know, you're eating a salad, but it's like so fulfilling.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's unbelievable. I love caesar salad, so it's got like you know, the chicken in the dress. I love them.
Speaker 1: Just no egg yolk for me, but yeah, well I love the egg as well.
Speaker 2: On there, I like egg white jokes are a nicer bit though.
Speaker 1: I don't not according to me and my palette.
Speaker 2: So I think I think that's a I reckon. That's a beige flag. If green flag, it's pretty tammy for just in general being a picky eater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's like a bit of a red flag. If you're a picky eater, I think as long as you eat most things, then it's okay.
Speaker 2: I think it's a fair bump play on green flag. I'm just a very understanding guy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say red flag.
Speaker 2: I'm an understanding guy. If you don't like something, you don't like something.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty easy going. I just don't go out of my way to eat some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Fair enough. Okay, guys, we hope you're having an amazing summer holiday. Get out, get some vitamin D, and make sure you give us a five star review. It means the world to us. Bye.
Speaker 2: Twenty four coming up.
Speaker 1: Wullo bye