Speaker 1: On scorn lids Oscodia. This is the Wader Panety Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening, and welcome to the Riata Panehy Show.
Speaker 3: Coming up tonight, Douglas Murray joins me to talk about everything from Kamala's achilles heel to Princess Catherine's good news.
Speaker 2: That's coming up before the first ad break.
Speaker 3: Caroline Marcus with the latest on a shocking crime in Brisbane that has left a nine month old with horrific injuries. And later in the hour, the brilliant Josh Hammer will be here with the latest from the US, and we have another extended edition of Lefties Losing.
Speaker 2: It starring this exhausting woman.
Speaker 4: And then all of a sudden, out of the mom's mouth, I hear the trigger words non binary and gender fluid and quotas in session and my ears are turned on.
Speaker 5: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Joining me now, Senior reporter Caroline Marcus. Carolette's start with one of the most disturbing stories of the year, the attack against baby Luca in a Brisbane park.
Speaker 2: Police say the foreign.
Speaker 3: National who allegedly poured boiling coffee on this nine month old baby in a Brisbane park last month has fled the country before police could confirm his identity. Baby Lucas suffered life threatening burns and has undergone multiple surgeries since the August twenty seven attack, including skin graps. Police say the accused left the country a day before they were able to confirm his identity.
Speaker 2: A warrant has.
Speaker 3: Been obtained for his arrest for acts intending to cause grievous bodily harm. Caroline, what else can you tell me about this investigation and the likelihood of bringing this alleged defender to justice.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess the likelihood has got just that little bit lower, reader, because as we now know, this man has evaded police and managed to get out of the country just twelve hours before police identified him in what has to be the most sickening senseless crime of the year so far. It just discussed me every time I hear or read anything about this case. Police have said that this suspect had been using counter surveillance techniques in order to evade arrest, which does seem to suggest some degree of sophistication on the offender's part. It's just a question now in working with the international and interstate agencies, because this man allegedly had been staying in New South Wales for some of the time that he'd been coming in between here and overseas. We don't know where he's foreign. Police won't say since twenty nineteen, whether they can track him down in the foreign country, whether there's any sort of extradition agreement wherever he ends up being. You've just got to hope that this man can be brought to justice because what's happened here is absolutely horrific. I mean, this poor family and the trauma that baby Luca and his parents have gone through now is just beyond words. And the mother has said that she would support capital punishment for Luca's attacker, and I think, well, that's not an option in Australia. Obviously, even the most ardent opposers of the death penalty would find that hard to disagree with.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Now to Victoria and the Liberal Party has acted their candidate for the seat of Chisholm. They're now going to be putting into that seat former Higgins MP Katie Allen. Allen was the candidate for Higgins, which was abolish when electoral boundaries were redrawn, and it seems this decision has really upset the rank and file members at Chisholm, who had no say in the matter.
Speaker 2: I've got copy of.
Speaker 3: An internal party letter from the Electorate secretary which says, in my time in the party, I have never seen as much sadness amongst members as I have these past twenty four hours without any pre selection or member input. I can understand why many of you are questioning the legitimacy of this decision. Unlike Labor, we value membership and rank and file pre selections. We value democracy with value transparency, we value fairness.
Speaker 2: Carolina Katie Allen is from Tuak.
Speaker 3: She lives a very different lifestyle to the average voter in Chisholm.
Speaker 2: How do you see this decision?
Speaker 6: Well, I can't help but see this decision as one that seems to be based almost entirely on her sex. Read I mean the fact that she's a woman. And I say that not because I don't think she'd be a competent and per she's been an MP before. She's a pediatrician, and I have a highest regard for people who work with six children. But the Liberal Party has acknowledged that it needs to address what's been called its women's problem, and in order to do that, before the next election, they need to pre select something like seventy percent of her candidates being women in order to achieve that gender parody. Now, I know a lot of women out there made cheer that there's a woman who's now going to be running for the Liberals, but a lot of women as well don't like that sort of tokenism. And that's what it appears to be, even if it may not be the case. That's how it at least appears with the election electorate redistribution. It's unfortunate that she wasn't able to run for Higgins again, but is it fair to displace someone who was the pre selected candidate. I understand why it would have blind signed it blindsided a lot of can file members yes, and less them feeling so angry.
Speaker 3: I think around thirty percent of a former electorate is now part of Chisholm. But in that thirty percent, there's from what I understand, nine boots and she lost eight of them. So that tells you a little bit but about how she may perform at the coming election, but we'll wait and see. She is a very good fundraiser and is a hard worker, certainly Now former South Australian Opposition leader David Spears is insisting that this.
Speaker 2: Footage of him appearing to snort.
Speaker 3: White powder surrounded by wine and liquor bottles is a deep fake. The clip, captured on June thirty this year, was obtained by the Adelaide Advertiser. Spears says he strongly disputes the authenticity of the video. He's told the Advertiser he believes it is a deep fake or elaborate hoax, adding I was overseas for two weeks in June and during that time other per since had access to my home, giving rise to the opportunity for someone to obtain footage of my premises. I am extremely disappointed by this and a sure South Australians that I would never take illicit substances. I never have and I never will. Now, we're not suggesting any wrongdoing on mister Spears's behalf here, but we're not saying these substances are even illegal. But Caroline, this is an astonishing story, a very twenty twenty four story.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 6: Remember Brita when the excuse when politicians and other high profile people were caught out doing bad things online, they would say I've been hacked, someone's locked into my account and sexted someone. Now the excuse for twenty twenty four seems to be it's a deep fake. But the newspaper the Advertiser, who obtained these images have said they've checked the metadata. He was in the country when they were taken. They've also consulted with a forensics expert that the courts used that has said it doesn't appear that there were any any tampering or alterations, so it doesn't appear to be exactly how David Spears may be putting it.
Speaker 3: Caroline Marcus, thank you for your time this evening. Now they're left up becoming increasingly desperate and resorting to some ugly tactics. That's evident in the media too, with far left side criche publishing this bit of slander against Liberal leader Peter Dutta, and they have concluded that he is racist and this is their evidence.
Speaker 2: Brace yourself.
Speaker 3: So the number one reason he walked out of Parliament rather than here, the then Prime Minister Kevin Wright apologized to the so called stolen generations. He did mention the problem of rising African gang violence in Melbourne. He pointed out the need to counter Chinese aggression to keep peace in our region, and of course, most recently he called for a pause on visas for Gazans until thoroughchecks could be conducted. Joining me now as former Speaker of the House and Liberal National MP for Fisher Andrew Wallace. Andrew, what is your response to your leader being labeled racist?
Speaker 8: Well, you can always count on the left Rita to pull out the racist card when they're in strife, and boy are they in strife now. Look, I've known Peter for a long time. He's been a police officer for nine years. He's been the Immigration Minister, the Home Affairs Minister. He has had some tough portfolios and now he's in his toughest portfolio as the leader.
Speaker 9: Of the Opposition.
Speaker 8: But I can tell you now, and I can tell you your viewers, that you will not find a man who is more committed to the safety and security.
Speaker 9: Of Australians than Peter Dutton.
Speaker 8: And look, when you've seen everything that's gone on with Andrew Giles as the Immigration Minister and how poorly the Labor Party are conducting themselves from a national security perspective, what do you want? Do you want someone like Andrew Giles looking after the country? From an immigration perspective, or do you want someone like Peter Dutton calling the shots?
Speaker 9: I know which I'd rather.
Speaker 2: Do you think you should consider legal action here?
Speaker 3: To be labeled a racist so blatantly by a publication, it goes beyond just the sort of criticism politicians expect to get.
Speaker 2: From the media.
Speaker 8: Well, Rita, I've been a barrister for over twenty years and my first advice to anybody that is considering legal action is don't No one wins when you go down that route.
Speaker 9: It becomes a win for lawyers and lawyers only.
Speaker 8: So you know, if Peter was to ask me my views, I'd say no, But of course it's a matter for Peter.
Speaker 9: But you know, this is not the first time we've heard Peter labeled as that.
Speaker 8: We heard the Member Orringa in the Parliament recently. Yes, this is someone who has stood on a platform of integrity and you know when someone is really struggling politically when they pull a racist card.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and that was quite a bizarre performance from Zali Steel because she withdrew the comment in parliament, then came on Sky News and repeated it. Now let's move along to the federal government. Planning to introduce a social media band for children nationwide within the next twelve months. The age limit has not yet been determined. The Prime ministers following South Australia's lead here they are proposing a band for those aged thirteen and under. But Andrew, how will this be in force? How will this age verification work? It doesn't work on porn sites, haws are going to work with social media sites?
Speaker 9: Well read, let me correct you on something there.
Speaker 8: Anthony Alberizi has been dragged, kicking and screaming on his ultimate position in relation to social media bands. In June of this year, Peter Dutton came out very strongly and said that a Dutton elected government would ensure that we had a minimum of sixteen years of age for social media and we would do that in the first hundred days. Now, it's really interesting that Peter Melanowskis came out yesterday and gave a watered down version of that. But what it did it made Anthony Albaneasy look absolutely impotent because he was the one that stood up the Select Committee on which I'm on, which is examining this very issue. So we are still processing and having evidence.
Speaker 9: Before us and because Peter Melanowskis came out and said what he said.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, Elbows jumped out in a half baked measure, felt that he really needed to make a stand on this. But he's still he's still can't say what age group this will apply to. Well, you know, the Coalition has been very strong on this. Peter Dutton has led the way on this from as early as June this year, saying that we would mandate a minimum age of sixteen. What parents are telling me is that they need that legal protection because you know, you know, I don't know if you're a parent, reader, but certainly I've had four daughters and kids will always use the oh you know, Mary's mum and dad let her. Why won't you let me line We've all experienced as.
Speaker 2: There's always the peer pressure. Andrew Willis, thanks for.
Speaker 9: Your time, Thanks reader.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is commentator and best selling author Douglas Murray Douglas. The first and only debate between Kamala Harris and Donald Trump is just hours away.
Speaker 2: The VEEPS team.
Speaker 3: Has been desperately trying to change the agree to debate rules. If you were advising the Vice president, how would you tell her to approach this clash.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, she's got several problems on her hands, hasn't she, Because on the one hand, she's got to make sure that she says absolutely nothing, and she's quite good at that. It has to be said, but she has to say absolutely nothing because we know that many of the policies that she would bring in, as Bernie Sanders admitted this week, would be pretty radical and would put off the public. At the same time, there might still be some journalists in America and elsewhere who will notice that she has to say something. I suspect that what she's going to do, and what her advisors will have told her to do, is to try to trap Trump, and they will do that by getting her to do something like the shtick she did in the last debate when she was running for VEEP and against against Donald Trump and Mike Pence. And you remember she kept saying to Mike Pence, I'm speaking, excuse me what I am And it was a very clear attempt to sort of say I'm a woman. I'm also a woman of color. And therefore if you in any way not just interrupt me, but counter me, you're kind of countering a woman of color and you know, steady on there, don't you realize you're not allowed to do that. I don't think she'll use that technique, but I bet they've come up with a new one that's equally irritating and equally designed to effectively trap her opponent.
Speaker 3: And it will be something that the media absolutely love, and.
Speaker 2: They'll promote it as a massive win.
Speaker 3: And yet the rest of the viewing public, not all of them, but many of them will find irritating.
Speaker 2: Now, what does Trump have to do to get in her head?
Speaker 3: Should he try to throw her off? Pose questions the debate moderators are not asking, or is it better off just saying as little as possible and letting her talk?
Speaker 5: Well that it's a very interesting one, this, I mean, everybody sort of has ideas of how to do this, and of course, you know, very few people have actually been on the presidential stage or had a debate with these kinds of stakes. I think that there's it's very interesting watching Trump in recent weeks as he's he's you know, clearly been advised, you know, stick to policy, and as he said at one of the rallies the other the other week, you know, the Democrats have been very very personal against him, and how could he resist getting personal? In response that said, it's an extremely difficult columbrum for him. Getting personal. If she gets personal, and I think she's bound to, getting personal is kind of inevitable. And if he was to, as it were, rise above it, he might well annoy a lot of his base. Who will he will say, you know, we want to see you pummel her effectively. So it's a very very tricky situation he's in. This is why, of course the Democrats have put her forward. Is it's meant to sort of snooker Trump. Nevertheless, there are two very good lines of attack that he could do. One is to actually ask her to get specific on any policy, literally, any policy reata. It could be anything from our education to foreign policy, taxation policy, abtually any key policy, and just get her to give any detail on it, not to say the importance of education is something we must remember and that's why education matters, and let's all think about that for a moment. Don't let her do any of that. Actually ask her some detail. That's the first thing he could do. The second thing he could do is ask her how she squares this circle of this campaign is about fixing America, and yet I'm proud of what Joe Biden and I have accomplished in the last four years. There is a disconnect between those two things. Can he tease out of her what her real thinking is? We'll see.
Speaker 3: That's a very good point, because not only has she been part of the Biden Harris administration, We've had the Democrats in power twelve of the last sixteen years, so this continuous There's a better way, the change we desperately need. Well, how long do you need to actually implement it? We are getting finally a few policy positions articulated on the official Harris campaign website and Douglas she wants to provide a pathway to citizenship for migrants who have crossed into the border over the border illegally. This is in stark contrast to Donald Trump, whose policy is to enact a massive deportation initiative to get rid of illegal immigrants from the country. How do you think this is going to play at You know, this.
Speaker 5: Has played out so many times in America in recent decades. When you have a completely porous border, there is always this temptation for people to say, why don't we put a pathway to citizenship for people who are in America already, and instead of having them work in the shadow economy, in the black market and so on, let's bring them in, make them taxpayers, make them citizens, and so on. There's in one way, this is a perfectly reasonable argument. On the other hand, it's absolutely lethal because what it does is, after the millions of people who've already broken into America through the southern border illegally, it simply encourages more to come. Why because it says, you know, you've just got to get in, you'll get everything that you need, and you will eventually be actually a citizen. In other words, the crime of breaking into the country illegally will effectively not be judged to be a crime, won't be any punishment for it. The problem about this is, and it's the same problem with America that Europe has been going through. Its the same problem Britain's going through. It's the same problem that Australia has been challenged by in the past. As you know, although Australia has been one of the relatively same countries on this, the problem with it is not the people who have already come. It's the millions upon millions of people who would like to come and who the minute that you make that pathway from being an illegal, who breaks in being a citizen, and the minute you make that pathway that easy, it's just millions upon millions of people who will want to follow in the footsteps of those people. So it's always there, This idea, the pathway to systemship is always there as a temptation for politicians, but they leave for their successes a bigger and bigger nightmare.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you're just creating more poor factors. You're putting more sugar on the table, as they say. And I do wonder whether Democrats would be so keen on this path to citizenship if they weren't counting on these new citizens voting for them. Perhaps they're are miscalculating there, but I think in the past they've been fairly safe in thinking these new migrants who've been effectively awarded for crossing the border illegally will support us with their vote.
Speaker 2: Now, illegal immigrants are causing all.
Speaker 3: Sorts of serious issues for people across many towns in the US. It's not just those border towns anymore. We've had a armed Venezuelan gangs taking over apartment buildings in Colorado to thousands of immigrants from Haiti being placed in a little town called Springfield, Ohio. This is a town with a population of less than sixty thousand Douglas, and the mayor there says they've been overwhelmed by fourteen to twenty thousand migrants that have been brought in by authorities.
Speaker 2: The locals have had enough.
Speaker 10: I really challenge you guys to get out here, do something. These Pasians are running into trash cans, they're running into buildings, they're running into if looking cars in the middle of the street.
Speaker 2: Douglas.
Speaker 3: The locals there are not getting to the services they need because they're being overwhelmed by these new.
Speaker 2: Migrants that have arrived. And when you think about the.
Speaker 3: Numbers, a town of less than sixty thousand to suddenly have anywhere between fourteen and twenty thousand new people placed in it, and you can understand why they're overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've seen this so many times in so many other Western countries Rita. It's exactly the sort of thing that happened in Sweden since twenty fifteen. It's exactly the same thing that's happened in towns in Germany and elsewhere, and it's always the same story, is that the locals say we can't put up with this, and central or local government says, tough luck, you're going to have to. And I think this is profoundly im moral on the part of politicians. I think it's a wicked thing to do. The first duty of politicians is to look after the interests of the people who put them in power, the voters. It's not to make sure that everyone in Venezuela who wants to flee and break into a condo flat gets the right to do so. And I think it's an unbelievable offering up a responsibility, abdication of responsibility by politicians, And as I said earlier, they leave a much bigger mess for the people coming after them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now let's move to the UK.
Speaker 3: The BBC's israel Her mass coverage is said to breach the broadcaster's own editorial guidelines over fifteen hundred times. This is according to a new report compiled by a team of lawyers and data scientists Douglas.
Speaker 2: They analyze some nine million.
Speaker 3: Words of coverage across several languages and different platforms. The question has to be asked, why does the BBC have this deeply worrying pattern of bias, bias against Israel.
Speaker 5: It always has done. I'm slightly surprised that they've been found to have only fifteen hundred breaches of their own guidelines in recent I had put the figure rather higher than that. There was a report some years ago into the BBC's anti as well bias inside the BBC, and the report was never released, and I suspect, as many other people do, that it's because it came to the same conclusions that this report has come to. You can absolutely smell it in broadcasting house. There's a straightforward editorial lie on the Israel issue, which is that the BBC believes that Israel always is in the wrong and can do no right, and it's coverage is grossly unfair. It has been for years, and I think this is something that should be should be addressed. I mean, you see it in headline after headline, day after day. The BBC will report things from effectively the angle of Hamaz. It happened recently with the issue of the four hostages who were killed in captivity. The way in which the BBC reported this it was as if the Israelis have killed the Israeli hostages. It was as if he is Raeli Prime ministered the Israeli hostages. The whole onus of the coverage was as if there was an Israeli mistake or error or Israelian transigence that had caused it. And the coverage did not acknowledge the fact that in most civilized media entities, as well as societies, it is deemed to be wrong to break into some somebody else's country, break into their house, fill their citizens, and internap them, then hold them in tunnels for almost a year and then shoot them in the head. Most people would regard that as being on the people who did it. Oh not the BBC, because you can always find Jeremy Bowen or another of their correspondents always taking the side always of just anyone who's anti Israel. It's an endemic bias in the BBC, completely sick. And of course they're welcome to do that. If they want to just be a pro Hamas anti Israel channel, they can do that. But there's a caveat with them, which is that they're not in the free market, and on this exchange of free ideas they're paid for by the license pairs, by the taxpayers in the UK. So that's why this matters. It's not like The Guardian, the guy I think can do what it wants. This is the national broadcaster, and so I think that a better standard should be expected of them, and indeed demanded.
Speaker 2: Now, before you.
Speaker 3: Go, Princess Kate has just in recent hours released a video announcing she has completed her chemo therapy treatment.
Speaker 11: To finally completed my chemotherapy treatment. The last nine months have been incredibly tough for us as a family. Life. As you know, it can change in an instant and we've had to find a way to navigate the stormy waters and road unknown.
Speaker 2: Douglas.
Speaker 3: She also speaks about looking forward to being back at work and undertaking public engagements. It's a beautifully shot video, i've got to say, has.
Speaker 2: Astonished Royal watches. I love it.
Speaker 3: I think we should be have more communication like this. There was so much secrecy around her treatment and she's now coming out and sharing it all with the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the first time I've seen it. It's a fake glossy but look it's a happy story at a time when happy stories, and you know, she's been remarkable figure in public life ever since she first entered public life. Unlike some people we could think of, she's been extraordinarily devoted in her work and you know, I hope that her return to public life. I think it will be seen, it will be welcomed enormously warmly by the British public and others. She's never put a foot wrong since since she, you know, became a public figure in one of the toughest jobs in the world in a way, because you know, if she's in one of those visions where if you've scowled once, you'd get a lifelong reputation for being a grum And so it's wonderful that she'll be back. The royal family has got rather too few working members at the moment, so having one of the absolute alist royals back is good news.
Speaker 3: And she's showing such enormous grist because the couple you haven't mentioned, Harry Meghan. I've poured all sorts of vitriol her way and her husband's way. She knows she can't respond. She just has to keep a dignified silence, which must be enormously difficult. But she's done it. She's done her duty. And we thank her for it. Douglas Murray, thank you for your time this evening. Thank you still to come an extended edition of Lefties Losing It. You're welcome, welcome back. Now it's time for Lefties Losing It, and I have for you here a.
Speaker 2: Uniquely annoying Lefty.
Speaker 3: Losing It about a family having a private conversation about folks confused about their gender.
Speaker 4: Hi, Harriett, have you ever beIN p to b headcrimed?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: I have, so let me tell you about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yesterday I was at work serving this family that were sitting there like the three raised men, and then all of a sudden, out of the mom's mouth, I hear the trigger was none binary and gender fluid and quote as in session and my ears are turned on.
Speaker 5: Let's do this.
Speaker 4: So basically, the mom was trying to explain to the dad what it meant to be non binary or gender fluid. After a few minutes go by, the dad responds in the same way that every guy that looks like him would and says, you know, I understand where they're coming from, but if you're biologically a male or female, that's what you are. And then I'm standing there on display.
Speaker 3: Just exhausting, draining, draining. Now, let's hear from a Democrat congresswoman, Magazine Waters, who claims Republicans and those upset with a number of immigrants from Haiti being deposited into their small towns.
Speaker 2: Well they just racist. There could be no other explanation.
Speaker 12: Well, let me just say this that Haitians have been the victims of you know, not only our country but Canada and France. For you is historically they're black, they're poor. It supports country in the hemisphere. They have been exploited and it continues all the time. Yes, I think they're treated differently because they're black, because they're Haitians.
Speaker 3: But here is a local in Springfield, Ohio who doesn't really see it that way, and he doesn't exactly fit Maxine Waters white supremacists race beating talk.
Speaker 2: Let's hear from him.
Speaker 10: I think it's like kind of odd that like a guy like me has to come out from doing what I do on a daily basis to have fun because I see what's going on in these streets and I see you guys are sitting up there in them comfy chairs and suits like and I'm getting out here every day and I'm broadcasting this and you guys are just sitting up there and suits or something like, I really challenge you guys to get out here and do something. These Haitians are running into trash cans, they're running into buildings, they're running into they flipping cars in the middle of the street. And I don't know how like y'all can be comfortable with this, Like I don't know like who's getting paid from it. I feel like I honestly feel like someone's.
Speaker 9: Getting paid from it.
Speaker 10: In the background, they dropping that you got a bunch of people on a bus getting dropped off at a gas station to come down here. I know a single mom that FaceTime met tonight, FaceTime me this morning at the welfare office that really need like that really needs something, and it's nothing but immigrants over there.
Speaker 3: And here is Kamala Harris taking credit for giving temporary protection status to over one hundred thousand migrants from Haiti.
Speaker 7: That is why also, starting with our administration, we gave TPS temporary protected status to Haitian migrants fifty five thousand, and then more recently we extended temporary protected status to over one hundred thousand Haitian migrants for that very reason that they need support, they need protection.
Speaker 3: Now the Mail Online is reporting that Kamala Harris is prepping for the debate by practicing with Ai in an orange wig. No reports yet whether it's this guy.
Speaker 13: Ladies and gentlemen, the real president of the United States.
Speaker 14: Me what an unbelievable experience it is, What a great show this could be. Instead, we've got an absolute idiot here running the show.
Speaker 3: That's, of course, the great Shane Gilles, whose Trump is the best in the business, and he stayed in character there for two hours for that Kiltny episode.
Speaker 2: Look it up, thank me later. Most of it is too blue for a.
Speaker 3: Family show like this. Now to a lefty teacher losing it. This dude with the proud trans teacher shirt teaches in Rhode Island, and watch this totally sane and rational behavior as he destroys a Trump sign.
Speaker 7: Yes, my name is.
Speaker 15: Handy Grinder and I'm working at the one store on floor.
Speaker 2: You're threatening my life.
Speaker 5: He's trying to job you, so we're trying to hit it. He's trying to pair my signs.
Speaker 3: Yet, and here is that same teacher claiming he is off on sickly due to injuries caused by transphobia in the classroom.
Speaker 15: School teacher, and I'm currently out on sickly owing to injury in performance of job related tasks in the workplace caused by classroom transphobia and homophobia owing to my own beliefs and opposition to the school to prison pipeline. This is a complicated situation, particularly because it is directly related to my gender identity and sexuality and homophobia in the classroom.
Speaker 2: Good luck kids.
Speaker 3: Now we've seen the gold Staff family is ignored by Biden and Kamala Harris. We' seeing them attacked by the ugliest segments of the media.
Speaker 2: And social media too.
Speaker 3: Yes, some left is losing it are laying the boots into gold Star families.
Speaker 16: I am angry at the gold Star families who invited Trump to Arlington because they decided, in their adoration for Trump that it was okay to let Trump his campaign staff and his campaign team's.
Speaker 2: Videographer and photographer.
Speaker 16: On top of all of the aids and security, they invited them to Arlington to traps over other people's children's graves.
Speaker 2: Just gross and unhinged.
Speaker 3: Now, we always enjoy watching Bill Maher being schooled by his own guests. And that's precisely what the editor in chief of National Review did, Rich Lowry, watch.
Speaker 1: This to get rid of him, because if he lost another election, that would be twenty eighteen, twenty twenty, twenty twenty two, twenty twenty four. I would think, and I've certainly been the last one to say Trump's over now, lots of people do. I was like, no, no, no, But I think this would be it for him. I think he'd still be He's not like Joe Biden. He's not going to go peacefully and out to pasture. But Republicans will have had enough of Trump. Not of Trump isn't and it can you be done with all that?
Speaker 17: You can't be certain of that bill. The one thing that's certainly if you lose is Kama Harrison President of the United States. And I wholly oppose almost every single one of her positions. I think she's a vacuates one opportunist. I totally reject the idea that in the space of forty eight hours she went from a subpar vice president everyone recognized as such all of a sudden of the second coming of Barack Obama.
Speaker 3: It is preposterous and the lessons did not end their what yere is Larry and Hayshaw McMaster school, MA Democrat John Avlon and the lefty audience.
Speaker 18: We've got one guy saying we should we should pull out of NATO, right, we should not.
Speaker 9: Donald Putin could do whatever.
Speaker 18: The Holly wants, basically giving a yellow light to China on Taiwan. I mean, you know, the autocratic alliance you warn about is in many cases rooting rooting for Donald Trump because they think it leads to American division and decline. But the fact is is that right now for strong on national security, one party party's leader seems to be trying to weaken NATO, and the other party has has expanded it in strengthen except.
Speaker 17: He supposedly forced by Trump to do it. Withdrawal totally dishonorable, bad disgrace. His presidency has not recovered from it since, and our position abroad hasn't you control it?
Speaker 19: Direct line from that disastrous, humiliating withdrawal to the reinvasion of Ukraine in February of twenty twenty two. I mean, I think what's weakness is the what is provocative is the perception of weakness.
Speaker 3: Now, let's end left is losing it with comic Andy Hayes talking about why it's so much harder.
Speaker 2: To live life as a lefty. This is actually pretty fun.
Speaker 13: I am a liberal. I don't like it. It's not fun. We all know that it's not fun. It's a full time job. Conservatives, that must be so easy. You're not learning any pronouns. You're leaving your air conditioning on, You're throwing all your garbage in one hole. I'm out of here. I'm like, did the composts go out? Is the compost out?
Speaker 9: How are the refugees? Are the refugees all right?
Speaker 13: What's the air quality index today? I remember last year in New York January fifteenth, it was seventy five degrees and all of us New Yorkers, all of us liberal New Yorkers, we had to go outside and pretend that was bad. We had to go out in a beautiful January day and be like this sucks, right, climate change? I'm in a T shirt.
Speaker 2: This is awful.
Speaker 3: Still to come, plenty more lefties losing it, content with the brilliant Josh Hammer.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: The one and only debate between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris is on tomorrow, and let's take a quick look at the ABC moderators. David Muir and Lindsey Davis are hardly impartial. Here is just a little taste of their anti Trump bias. These are comments from less than a month ago from Davis linking Trump to a white supremacist cause.
Speaker 20: Former President Donald Trump is expected to go campaign and Howard Michigan tomorrow. Many people are aware of that a month ago in Howell KKK Peltester's marchmist roots with the white robes on and suggested that they support Donald Trump. I'm curious if if you make anything about that connection in his going in particular to howld tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Newsweek Senior editor at Large and Article three Project Senior Council Josh Hamma. Josh, that was a bizarre question from an ABC anchor. Well, Tomorrow's debate BA level playing.
Speaker 21: Field, Probably not, if I had to guess, I mean. ABC News, of course, would be the same American media outlet that hires George Stephanopolis to anchor its Sunday news show. That people will probably recall that George Stefanopolis was one of the pre eminent Clinton campaign staffers, along with Jimmy Carvill back in nineteen ninety two. I mean, he is about as partisan a Democrat as it gets in all of the mainstream corporate media. This is not an objective outlet at all. Actually read a if I think back, it was on the precipice of the twenty twenty presidential election. Wisconsin has become one of America's foremost swing states. It was an ABC News poll just a handful of days prior to the twenty twenty election that showed back then that Joe Biden was allegedly up by seventeen points on Donald Trump and Wisconsin the final mark and a victory and ended up being less than one point. So, I mean, there's definitely something in the water at ABC News. Fortunately for Donald Trump, you know, if he plays his cards right, it doesn't really matter. I think how the moderators approach this. So the moderator is Kamala Harris Rita. They're going to do everything they can to steer the conversation to two topics. In particular, they're gonna do everything they can to steer the conversation to so called our democracy because they painted Donald Trump out to be a historical threat to the Constitution and all that we stand for. The near assassination of him a month and a half ago has not slowed them down at all. They have that issue, and then they have the abortion issue. If Donald Trump can quickly respond to those two and then pivot to all the other issues, namely immigration, the economy, inflation, and crime, those are really the four issues right now. Those are the four issues that the American people tell pulsters they care most about. And Donald Trump is more trusted on each of those four issues. So if he can quickly pivot, so for example, on the question of our democracy, which I'm sure is going to compet some point, all he has to do. He's looking to the camera and very straightforward and clearly say there is one person on this steege whose Department of Justice is trying to incarsrate the opposition, and guess what, it's not me, and then immediately pivot to the economy, immigration, and so forth. If he can do that, he's going to be in great shape.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: And I think he also has to just resist talking, because the more Kamala talks, the more trouble she gets herself into. And I think that will be difficult for Donald Trump, but if he can restrain himself, it would be fantastic. The Mail Online is revealing that Kamala Harris is prepping for this debate by practicing against an AID.
Speaker 2: In an Orange wig.
Speaker 3: No reports yet whether it's this guy my favorite Trump impersonator. What do you think about this? Is this a sign that she's taking it deadly seriously or a sign that a campaign isn't really run by adults?
Speaker 21: Well, Damala Harris is in serious trouble. I mean Nate Silver, who runs five thirty eight and he's probably America's foremost political odds horse race prognosticare essentially the best statistical analyst we have here now. Now, he himself is a is a liberal leaning guy. I mean he calls it roughly straight. But no one doubts that Nate Silver is a liberal.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 21: His model actually just a few hours ago actually changed to Donald Trump having about a sixty five to sixty six percent chance of winning the election. In fact, according to Nate Silver's current model, Donald Trump is favored in literally every single swing state right now, Nevada, Arizona, Georgia, North Carolina, and all three of the big Rust Belt states of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, especially Pennsylvania, which is the largest electoral college prize of them all of all the Swings states. So Donald Trump is actually in very good shape right now. And you know, there were a lot of people Rita who after they pulled the bloodless cup of Joe Biden and inserted the cackling communists from California, Kamala Harris in Joe Biden's stead, there are a lot of people people who started freaking out. Yes, the polls tied in there. You know, I have to say, I don't want to pat myself in the back too hard, but I was not one of them, because, as you just said, the more people that actually listen to and hear Kamala Harris talk, it's like an immediate repulsion. I mean, it's like oil on water. The woman is just not likable and she's I've obviously been profoundly terrible as an actual leader. You know, she's been vice president of one of the worst administrations in the entire history of the Republic. Her presidential campaign twenty twenty bout out well before the first votes were've been cast in Iowa. I could go on here, but she's in big trouble, and what that means in concrete, tangible terms is that she has a lot on the line in this debate. So I'm not surprised that that she's pulling out all these gimmicks, these stunts, the orange haired wig or whatever they're because the stakes are really really high for her, I would argue even higher than for Donald Trump himself.
Speaker 3: I agree with you there. I think the polls. Trump always performs that poorly in polls compared.
Speaker 2: To where is support really.
Speaker 3: If if they're saying he's leading by three, he can be sure he's probably leading by eight or nine. Now, that's always been the experience with his numbers, including in twenty twenty. Now there's reports that Kamala Harris is looking to name hard left Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison as the US's top copper. Campaign team has reportedly told Arab American leaders in Detroit that she could name Ellison, the special prosecutor and the George Floyd case, as attorney general as part of her administration. Trump officials told Fox News Keith Ellison would be a natural fit in a Kamala Harris administration.
Speaker 2: Both are radical.
Speaker 3: Liberals who support ending cash bail and releasing violent criminals into American neighborhoods. Do we take these reports seriously?
Speaker 8: Josh?
Speaker 3: And she's already selected Tim Walls as her running mate. How much more radically left can her administration be.
Speaker 9: Read?
Speaker 21: I think you might be surprised, and God forbid, I think that I am my fellow Americans might be surprised. Comes January twenty twenty five, if God forbid this ticket actually prevails here. You know, Keith Ellison is not just a radical when it comes to so called criminal justice reform, when it comes to ending cash bail, when it comes to jailbreak, when it comes to all these other post George Floyd, post racial reckoning left wing agendas. You know, the man is also fundamentally an Islamist. I mean he is as cozy and close with care of the Council and American Islamic relations as it gets care by the way, it is recognized by by no less Muslim country as the United Arab Emirates as a terrorist organization in Saudi Arabia, if I'm not mistaken, has taken similar steps as well. Unfortunately, much of the Democratic Party's elite class, their brass has not gotten the memo. Keith Ellison is about as pro care as it gets there. He's there in Minnesota, so is Tim Wallas. That's illano Omar's backyard there. So this is something I think of possibly a deliberate, a deliberate leak that the Harris Walls campaign has probably done to try to gin up enthusiasm among their far left, rathically progressive pro Hamas base. They probably thought that the Democratic National Convention was actually too even handed when it comes to the Israeli Palestinian issue, if I had to guess. So, therefore, they're trying to kind of throw out some breadcrumbs to the radical base to try to get them excited for November. But no one should make any mistake about this. Keith Ellison would be an abominable, an abominable Attorney General of the United States. He has been a horrific attorney general in Minnesota. By the way, just real quick. One of the other names that I've heard floated in case it's not Keith Ellison for Kamala Harris's attorney general, God forbid is woe by the name of Sally Yates. Sally Yates made a lot of headlines in the first few days of the Trump administray excuse me, yeah, the Trump ministration back in January twenty seventeen, when she immediately instructed her subordinates in the Trump DOJ to not enforce Trump's big Day one immigration order, which the media disingenuously called the so called Muslim Band. So that is another leading contender for attorney general. It gives you an idea of what they're thinking about.
Speaker 3: It's shocking because we are trying to tell the broader American public, not just those factions that you spoke of, that she is a centrist, she's a moderate, she's a safe pair of hands that you can trust to not bankrupt the country. And yet when you hear about these people she wants to include in her inner sanctum, they are amongst the most radically left destructive forces in American politics. But again, she did have the most liberal voting record of any senator in twenty nineteen. That's her own track record, so we know where she stands ideologically. Josh Hamma, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much as others, and that's it from me. Up next is Newsnight