Speaker 1: Late welcome, wait to pay.
Speaker 2: Well, good evening and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Thorer and Caleb Bond. We've had a lot to get through tonight, including police left shot after CCTV footage shows a man who reported that he'd been assaulted was actually punching himself in the face.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that a bit later.
Speaker 3: Plus, when we look at what's making news tomorrow, power prices continue to rise with no relief in sight, and Anthony Alberanesi's staff stuff up his diary. Turns out you can't go to an Indonesian president's inauguration and host King Charles all at the same time. It's one accident after another for Anthony Albanesi. All of that when we get to tomorrow's news. But first, a Queensland town has lost its fight to block the transfer of two hundred and ten hectares of crownland to a local Aboriginal group. The people have to be a near Gundawindi in Queensland claimed ninety five percent of their town and two million dollars worth of land has been handed over in the deal that was done secretly by the state.
Speaker 2: Labor government.
Speaker 3: The land had been held in trust for the past one hundred and eighteen years by the local council, but the Labour state government, without protest from the council, had canceled the trusteeship and handed over the land without consulting locals. Local publican Michael offerdah Sorry Offerdahal, He said, the state government the council, they haven't backed up one thing. They haven't even proven that council trusteeship of the reserve can be taken away. The council gave it up. You can't take away trusteeship without talking to the community about it.
Speaker 2: Now. This is just one of fifteen.
Speaker 3: Towns around Queensland who are currently undergoing these land claims kept secret by the state government.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of interesting.
Speaker 3: Things to this report is that I think are really concerning the local council, which incidentally is headed by Lawrence Springboard, format state Liberal leader in Queensland. He says, look, locals have've got nothing to worry about. There'll be no denying you any access to the land which you've always had access to, And in the next breath he says, I would encourage you to go and talk to the Aboriginal Land Council group. Why do you have to talk to the aboriginal group if there's no impediment to using the land. And even more astonishing than that, Lawrence Springborg said that in the future for the town to expand, the council would need to buy back land what has just been given to indigenous groups.
Speaker 2: None of this makes sense.
Speaker 3: And watching what's happening in Tabia near Gundawindi, you can only imagine the other fourteen locations around Queensland how those people must be feeling.
Speaker 4: And they get absolutely no say in the matter.
Speaker 5: We know that as of June, over forty two percent of Queensland was already under Native title. Over fifty percent of Australia at large is under Native title, which when you think about it, is massively disproported it to the amount of Aboriginals we have here roughly three percent of our population.
Speaker 4: So this just seems to be.
Speaker 5: A train that is storming through getting away.
Speaker 4: Nobody else gets to have a say.
Speaker 5: This is the state that had the strongest no vote at the Voice referendum.
Speaker 4: Queenslanders do not want this happening, and yet they're having it happen. Come hell or high water.
Speaker 5: And I hate to say it, but there's no relief in sight even if and when, and it looks like when you get an L ANDP government.
Speaker 4: Because Chris A.
Speaker 5: Fooley was asked about this just ten days ago and he simply replied, quote Queenslanders need to have access to the areas that they've always had access to end quote hardly compelling and rich. Can you imagine if this guy had just come out and said, look, I'm going to put a stop to this because it's.
Speaker 4: Getting out of hand. Queenslanders have already.
Speaker 5: Told us they do not want their state carved up. Indeed, allions as a whole. Do you not want their nation carved up? We are one country? Why are we giving even if it is just virtue signaling nonsense and it's not going to change the state of play in these plots of land, which I don't believe for a single second. Otherwise, why do you want it so badly even if nothing is supposedly going to change?
Speaker 4: Why are you doing it? There's no rhyme or reason to it.
Speaker 5: And like I say, haven't we got enough native title in this country already?
Speaker 1: Well, native title is one thing. This is freehold. Yeah, So they have total control of the land.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Now part of this land, a lot of it is just open space that is basically unused, but part of it is stock root and part of it is camping ground. Right now you've handed that, you know, what is community land over to an Aboriginal land corporation with freehold title, so they could develop it, they could sell it, they could put a fence around it and stop you from going in there. It's theirs to do with as they wish. I think that's the biggest problem here. Native title is one thing gives you certain rights about being able to use it to hunt and gather and whatever it might be. This is just total There are in certain parts in certain parts of the country there are, but this is just total ownership and control of the land. Now. You know, to Beer has a population of nearly two hundred people. It's not a large town. But as the council notes, if they ever wanted to actually expand, they need that land. And the council owned the land and it's now in the hands of some nebulous Aboriginal land corporation, why should they have any more entitlement to what was publicly owned land than anyone else. If an Aboriginal land corporation can raise the money to go to the council and say we want to buy that plot of land freehold from you, they should have every right to do so, as should any other person who can raise the money to buy it. I don't see how it is anything other than racist to have a system whereby land can be given freehold from the public ownership to a particular racial group, and not just a particular racial group, a corporation that consists of a few people from a particular racial group for zero dollars. I do not know how that is allowed.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, without any consultation, how can a local government which holds this land in trusteeship for the broader public just simply give it away without reference to the public that they hold it.
Speaker 2: In trust for.
Speaker 3: They're working against the very people who they are supposed to be representing.
Speaker 1: But how does the council not put up a fight? I mean, you said, Springboorg, there's are you know whatever, Just go and talk to the local Aboriginal Land corporation and you can take go on there whatever you want. Why did they give it up in the first place? They should have been fighting about that it is your land, it's the land of the people of two bat.
Speaker 5: And you mentioned the other plus you mentioned racism. I dare say it's things like this that actually.
Speaker 4: Stir up bad blood.
Speaker 5: Other Australians are like, well, fair, go, this doesn't seem fair at all. You're just handing over our There's fourteen more townships waiting to hear how their.
Speaker 4: Freehold land titles are going to go.
Speaker 5: We don't know what their fate is yet, but that naturally stirs up very negative sentiment in these communities. In elsewhere where they're like, well, this just isn't fair, and you mean to tell me if we want to do something with that land later on we the ratepayer, the taxpayer, have to buy it back when it was ours. Well it was every Australians in the first place.
Speaker 3: Here on something really important there with the division that's caused firstly by the decision itself, which is racist, but then the failure to explain it and to give people the benefit of treating them like intelligent sentiment human beings, yes, and explaining it properly rather than they'se throwaway lines like how to be fine, go and talk to them, which really is quite dismissive of people's concerns.
Speaker 2: So the decision creates disharmed in the community.
Speaker 3: And then the explanation is like salt in the wound, and so it's just bad on every let.
Speaker 5: And the secrecy as well, the whole government saying, oh, we can't give you the details of these applications because they're culturally sensitive. Well, this is the town say that I've called home for my entire life. I think that's pretty culturally sensitive for me as well.
Speaker 4: Wouldn't you say if.
Speaker 5: You're living in one of these townships, it's absolutely obscene.
Speaker 1: And you can currently blame the corporations for applying for it either because under law they're allowed to. They're simply following what the law says. The law should be changed. Let's talk about Kamala Harris's interview on Fox Used today, of course, our sister station over in the United States. I think we learned today exactly why Harris has avoided doing any interviews with the potentially I was going to say, ropie, not rope. What's the word I'm looking for us robust. That's a much better word. A potentially robust interview, because she just went to water Basically, Brett Bayer did what we were waiting for, we've all been waiting for for a long time with Kamala Harris, which was simply ask her, you know, how can you justify the fact that you've been vice president for three and a half years and you're now claiming that your presidency would completely change everything? Why are you talking about Donald Trump all the time? All the things you and I have been asking And he put these questions to her, and lo and behold, she could not answer them. Let's go to that first point in the state of the US right now. How does Kamala Harris say that things would change under her even though she's already vice president.
Speaker 7: They said the country is on the wrong track. If it's on the wrong track, that track follows three and a half years of you being vice president and President Biden being president. That is what they're saying, seventy nine percent of them. Why are they saying that if you're turning the page. You've been in office for three and a half.
Speaker 8: Years, and Donald Trump has been running for office, but.
Speaker 1: You've been to personal hellin me off a lot.
Speaker 9: You and I both know what I'm talking about. You and I both know what I'm actually, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Britt Biden doesn't know and know who I I mean. She was just asked, how's it going to change? Oh, Donald Trump's been running for a long time. What does it matter? Donald Trump hasn't been in charge for the last four years? Has he? You have, Miss Harris, and of course mister Biden. And speaking of mister Biden, she was asked, did any point you have an issue? Will notice anything going wrong with Joe Biden's cognitive ability? Well, once again it's Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: Somehow, let me ask you this, and you told me many interviewers that Joe Biden was on his game, that ran around circles on his staff. When did you first notice that President Biden's mental faculties appeared diminished?
Speaker 8: Joe Biden, I have watched in from the Oval office to the situation room, and he has the judgment and the experiment and experienced to do exactly what he has done and making very important decisions.
Speaker 7: You met with him at least once a week for three and a half years. You didn't have any concerns.
Speaker 8: I think the American people have a concern about Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: For all the other one trying to pretend that she never noticed anything wrong with Biden. Oh, you know, he has the ability in the experience. Yeah, that's why you're the presidential candidate for the Democrats and not him. Is that how this works? So, of course, towards the end of the interview, Brett Bayer and by the way, this whole time, Carmala's handlers are in the background waving their arms around, basically saying, in this thing now they can see exactly how bad it's going. So at the end of the interview, Brett Bayer says to her, well, you've talked about Donald Trump, and I hope you got everything you wanted to say across. And well it didn't get any better.
Speaker 7: I hope you got to say what she wanted to say about Donald Trump.
Speaker 9: There are a lot of things.
Speaker 7: That's to say, there are a lot of things that people want to learn about you and your policies.
Speaker 10: And that's why I invite everyone to go to Kamala Harris dot com and you will see that I have eighty pages of policies that are quite comprehensive and should be accessible to anyone who would like to read them, and it includes what I intend to do about affordable housing.
Speaker 9: What I intend to do about small businesses? What I do.
Speaker 7: That's what in our con to see where you were in twenty nineteen and where you are.
Speaker 9: Now America's military ustrure.
Speaker 8: We have the most lethal and best fighting force in the.
Speaker 7: World, Madam Vice President, and they're giving me a hard rap.
Speaker 9: Well, I thank you for the time.
Speaker 1: I thank you for the time to meet you.
Speaker 9: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Go to KamalaHarris dot dot dot dot dot com. I mean, she couldn't even get She forgotten it was to call at for goodness sake. So instead of sitting down in an interview and explaining her policies, she says at the end of the interview, if you want to know what I think, go to my website. There's eighty policies, only a few to peruse at any time, because of course, she can't actually explain them in an interview because she doesn't damn well believe any of them. Here is every time she didn't talk about her own policies and instead talked about Donald Trump.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, and Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, and Donald Trump Donald Trump. Let's go back to Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: She's living rent free in that head, isn't he. Mister Trump himself replied on X Today, he said, great job by Brett Bayer in his interview with Lyon Gamala Harris. She has a massive and irredeevable case of Trump derangement syndrome, so bad in fact, that she is barely able to talk about any subject other than the man who had the best economy ever, the strongest border in history, and who has just got the unanimous endorsement of the US Border Patrol. Me he is one for humility, isn't he? The heir endorsement was a tremendous honor. They said that Comrade Kamala did a terrible job, the absolute worst in memory, and can't be allowed to do it again. She's also the worst vice president in history, but hopefully will soon be gone again. Congratulations to Britt Bayer on a tough but very fair interview, one that clearly showed how totally incompetent Kamala is for the good of our nation, her inferior cognitive ability must be tested at once, and it seemed that the only thing she really wanted to talk about was Donald Trump. Because she can't articulate her own policies, and her entire platform seems to be vote for me because I'm not the other guy. Now, that's not enough to get you over the line. Last week, well perhaps so, but it's slightly different this time around. And we've seen the polling in the swing states which is now moving back in Trump's favor. If she wants to turn the dial going around telling people who are currently favoring Trump that they should vote for her because she's not Donald Trump, ain't gonna do the job.
Speaker 5: And you watch Brett this entire interview. It went for roughly just over half an hour, trying to draw her out on policy questions, and it simply wasn't working. Every single time she would circle back to Donald Trump. Back to Donald Trump. That's all she wanted to talk about there. And even when he pointed it out to her in that last clip that you saw, say, you realize you've just talked about Donald Trump this whole time. I was hoping to learn more about you. And she says, I've got eighty pages of policy.
Speaker 4: Eighty pages of policy.
Speaker 5: And you didn't talk about any of that in a half hour interview. Lady and Let's never forget twelve of the last sixteen years the Democrats have been in power.
Speaker 4: So the fact that all she can say.
Speaker 5: In reply to every single policy question is bringing it back to Donald Trump just goes to speak to her depth of and how passionate she actually is about affecting any change or how awesome she genuinely thinks her policies are.
Speaker 4: As anyone running for this job should.
Speaker 5: Should be able to shake him awake at three am in the morning, and they're ready to fight for their policies and give good, comprehensive explanation as to why that's what they're going to do on any particular topic.
Speaker 4: Not this woman, And she's.
Speaker 3: A lost cause that the problem she's got is she is the incumbent who does not want to run on her own records. So all she's got left is I'm not Donald Trump, and that'll play.
Speaker 2: To a certain group of people, but.
Speaker 1: She's already got those people in an interview Exactly, in an interview like that, you need to be appealing to people who are not necessarily going to come out and vote right now and get them to come out and vote for you, and telling people that you are not Donald Trump. Ain't going to do anything because the people who want to get rid of Trump or don't want him back are already going to come and vote for you.
Speaker 5: It's a case of know your audience. You're talking to Fox this time, okay, As Caleb said, they're our cousin in the United States of America, so more of a conservative watcher base. And yet all you did was slam Donald Trump, even while knowing most of the people watching probably lean more in his direction than yours, and yet just.
Speaker 4: Seemed completely clueless. You would have thought her team would have briefed her better.
Speaker 3: So help me understand this. Because we've just watched that, You've watched it at home. It's pretty obvious that interview is an absolute train wreck, but not everybody thought so. Lucy Turnbull, wife of Malcolm, tweeted this, Why has Kamala Harris been so wary of tough media interviews? She more than held her own on Fox News. You see the human warrior, an advocate within her. So clearly and authentically was Lucy Turnbull watching a different interviewed? What on earth is that? That is peak trunk derangement? Home right there where you live in a different universe.
Speaker 1: She's's extraordinary. I don't know. I want whatever she's on. Whatever she takes the break in the morning, sign me up for it because I rather like that world. But going back to the point of talking to your audience, I mean, Trump himself has already said he's going to give her a maga hat because she's copied all his policies. She could have just sat there and recited all of the Trump policies that she's stolen in the last few months and said, yeah, I'm going to get rid of taxes on tips and I'm going to build the boarder wall. She could have appealed to the audience so easily because she's stolen all of those policies. And she couldn't even do that because she doesn't believe it. And it's so hard to be convincing in a situation like that if you don't genuinely believe what you're putting down on paper. So she can't actually say it because she's got no conviction behind it.
Speaker 3: The other problem there is, and let's call that a hostile interview. Okay, Fox is not particularly friendly to the Democrat.
Speaker 5: Brett wasn't hostile though, who we've been waiting to hear her ask for a very.
Speaker 3: Long time loll style by virtue of the fact that it was an honest, straightforward interview as opposed of all the other ones she's done. And when you watch even some of the clips we just showed tonight, but if you watch the whole thing, you can literally see the cogs turning in her mind as the question is being asked.
Speaker 2: It's almost a look of panic, and oh yes, you start to think, if.
Speaker 3: This woman becomes the leader of the free world, how is she going to deal with Forget Fox News, Jijingping, Vladimir Putin, the ayatoller of Iran and the other phrase she repeated continuously, And a lot of politicians do this and as soon as they say this, you know they're stalling for time, let me be clear.
Speaker 4: And proceed to not be clear, and then Trump.
Speaker 3: So that was kind of the debating strategy. The leader of the free world could be this woman. We are all in a lot of trouble. If this is the person representing us to the access of evil.
Speaker 5: Speaking of being in a lot of trouble, America is in a lot of trouble. If this is how votes are being cast, the video you're about to see is gone a little bit viral online, causing people to ask the obvious question of A. Is this elder abuse? And B how many votes are being cast in this manner?
Speaker 4: Check it out?
Speaker 6: Okay, grandma, do you want to vote for the first black woman president ever?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 6: She's a Democrat too. Okay, so I'll show you where it to right. Keep it the pen in your hand and it's right here. Good job, grandma. You got to vote for the first woman president.
Speaker 4: Would you call that an informed vote? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Well. Donald Trump is still on the war path on trans rites in the US. He famously said in twenty twenty two that he was going to cut down on them substantially, even forbidding doctor's access, and he's repeated all this. Any doctors who want to practice transitioning kids while they're still miners, obviously would be blocked from Medicare, from Medicaid, and he would ensure that all federal agencies weren't encouraging people or even teaching miners about the transitioning process. He was recently asked, so what would you do about men in women's sports trans women in women's sports?
Speaker 4: He had a very short succnct answer. I think you'll approve of it's.
Speaker 11: A man playing in the game, I mean physically from a musculars say, even if it was a little bit less. Maybe they do war sorts of tests and drugs and everything else. Look at what's happened in swimming. Look at the records being broke.
Speaker 4: How do you stop it?
Speaker 2: Do you go to the sports leagues? Do you go to them?
Speaker 1: You just ban it?
Speaker 11: The president bans it. You just don't let it happen.
Speaker 4: Sounds pretty simple.
Speaker 5: If only we can have someone say something similar here, or a premier, a politician, that would be wonderful.
Speaker 4: But no, what do we get instead. I love his form on.
Speaker 5: This particular issue because he's also said this election cycle that he'll cut federal funding to schools who teach critical.
Speaker 4: Race theory or any kind of what.
Speaker 5: He calls quote transgender insanity and other inappropriate racial, sexual, or political content to children end quote. So he's being very serious saying, if you are found in your school to be teaching any of this stuff, we'll just cut the funding to you.
Speaker 4: So we're going to block.
Speaker 5: These daughters, these doctors from Medicare and medicaid if they're practicing it. I'm just going to outlaw it across the board. All this genre affirming care for children is not going to be happening on my watch period. And as for men competing in women's sports, ban it done fixed.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people say it's not that big a deal, you know, so what if occasionally in a sport somewhere, somehow this happens. And we talked a couple of weeks ago about the United Nations spokesperson on Violence towards Women, who said that I was astonished by these figures that the UN found that six hundred female athletes in four hundred competitions over twenty nine different sports had lost more than eight hundred and ninety medals to biological men. So to dismiss this as an anomaly one of those things that happens once in a blue moon, is just not true.
Speaker 2: And when even the United Nations will.
Speaker 3: Admit that, you know that, Okay, there you go. With regards to Trump's comments there, it's just so refreshing to hear a politician take a question that you know could be a little dicey, and most politicians duck and weave and try to say something without saying anything in order to offend nobody. I think David Chris Oooley and Queensland has been a textbook example of this over the last week, ducking and weaving around abortion rather than just being straight with people about what he really thinks. Sure, he's just a few weeks out from an election. He's trying to make sure he doesn't rocked the boat. But it's nice to hear a politician who just says exactly what they think, straight.
Speaker 2: To the point. You can agree or disagree, but at least you know what he thinks. It's nice.
Speaker 1: Well it was clarity, right, it was an answer. There is a problem, I'm going to fix it. And you so rarely see that in politics these days. And that's Trump's business frame, right. I mean, out in the real world, if there is a problem, you have to find a solution to it. You don't just keep to get to keep dancing around the maypole and hoping that someone comes up with a good idea one day and ah, well if we spend a lot of money on the way getting there, who cares. It's not my money anyway. He's just thinking, well, here is problem, Here is solution. Institute solution now no doubt if he tried to something like that, they'd be complaints all the way up through the courts and whatever to challenge it. But that's fine, that can all play out. At least he's made an effort to actually do something about it, which is so unlike what we see in politics so often these guys.
Speaker 3: Well, someone needs to do something about freedom of speech in the UK because it continues to come under attack. And this example is just quite shocking the lengths to which the UK government is now going to censor not just people's speech, but even their thoughts. A military veteran has been convicted and fined for praying silently, in other words, talking to Jesus in his mind outside an abortion clinic, but within the buffer zone that has been put in place to stop people protesting or trying to speak to women as they enter an abortion clinic.
Speaker 2: Now, Adam Smith Connor, his.
Speaker 3: Child was aborted twenty four years ago, and so he's made a habit of part of just him coming to grips with the hurt and pain of that, to going and standing around fifty meters from an abortion clinic and just talking in his mind to his God about it. Well, that is illegal. As I said, he was charged and fined. He he is describing how upsetting this is as someone who fought for the freedom of his country to now see that same nation penalizing people for their thoughts.
Speaker 12: Psalm twenty two, verse ten says, when my father and mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me. I served our great nation for twenty years as an army reservist. I continue to serve my local community as a physiotherapist and a church volunteer. I never imagined that the nation I love has been so good to me in the past, could turn on me for doing nothing more than an offerer a prayer for my deceased son.
Speaker 2: It's just quite incredible.
Speaker 3: But it's even worse than that, because just a couple of weeks ago, the Scottish government announced that anyone who dares to pray or say anything against abortion within a two hundred meter radius, including if your home is within a two hundred meter radius of an abortion clinic, and if you pray in your home and someone reports you, you will be in violation of the law. Or if you were to put up a little sign in the window of your own home saying I don't know unborn babies lives matter, you would be in breach of the law. So this gentleman, who's not the first to be charged for thinking inappropriate thoughts to his own God, in appropriate in the view of the government. This is just the tip of the iceberg as to where governments are now starting to go in terms of clamping down, not just one, as I said, banned speech, but now banned thoughts.
Speaker 5: Surely you'd think a buffer zone is designed in order that women accessing abortion clinics aren't set upon by protesters waving placards, carrying on in that regard and getting quite up in people's faces and confrontational. This guy had his hands clasped, his head bowed, and his eyes closed.
Speaker 4: He wasn't kneeling, he was just standing there.
Speaker 5: He could have been like asleep on his feet. And this is what he was charged for. And it speaks to how militantly these governments one to protect and even encourage.
Speaker 4: Women to make use of abortion.
Speaker 5: And I think it is utterly demonic. I'm not ashamed of using that term. There's a mother in the US who has just gone to jail for three and a half years. Her name is Beverly Williams for unlawful assembly. She took part in a pro life event back in twenty twenty, and she's just been sentenced to three and a half years. She posted today on air saying, my husband is now a single parent. Her daughter looks all of five years old, maybe even younger.
Speaker 4: And this is what Kamala Harris's Department.
Speaker 5: Of Justice, like I always say the jokes in the name, has done prosecuting her.
Speaker 4: Who sends a mother, she's a black woman.
Speaker 5: The photos of her family are so beautiful, and she is going to spend three and a half years behind bars for participating in a pro life event at a plan to put parenthood in New York four years ago.
Speaker 4: It is utterly obscene. It is disgusting. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.
Speaker 1: I would have thought that the spirit of the law, as you said, Liz, is to ensure safety. Right, you don't get harangued. You're not going to be assaulted, yelled at, insulted, whatever while you're going to an abortion clinic. If someone is standing there silently praying, I mean it was.
Speaker 4: A peace for protest.
Speaker 1: Who who's to know that he's not standing there silently praying saying he loves abortion. You don't know what he's saying in his head. How can you prosecute someone as they have in this case for a thought crime. Well, they've done it, and you can't trust him. If you can't trust him with this sort of thing, I imagine what they're going to do with misinformation and disinformation laws. So they're coming after your thoughts, They're coming after what you're saying online. There will be literally no end to the restriction government wants to put on what you can say, what you can even think now speaking of thinking in a very strange way. Jill Stark is a feminist writer. She was at the age for a very long time. She now writes online to people who subscribe to her writings through Patreon. She has come out and said, well, there is a small problem with men pushing themselves because it is in that toxic masculinity. Can you believe it. There's a bloke called Ned Brockman. Now, he wanted to break a world record by running around the Sydney Olympic Park Athletic Center. His aim was to do one thousand miles, which is one thousand, six hundred and ten kilometers within a certain amount of time. He didn't manage to do that. He got to one thousand, five hundred kilometers, but in the process he raised one point eight million dollars for charity for homelessness. And wouldn't you think this bloke is an everyday hero. He's pushed himself so people can spend money, raise money for homelessness. What better thing could you do for the world. Jill Stark disagrees. She says there's always been something that troubles me about the philosophy he espouses and the message he's sending about what it means to be mentally strong. She wrote, it is a uniquely masculine approach to well being that is less self care and more self flagellation. As I said, she calls this kind of effort raising one point eight million dollars for homeless people for cha by running one thousand kilometers over ten odd d sorry one five hundred kilometers over ten odd days, as rebranded toxic masculinity. I mean, who could possibly look at a bloke trying to do something good for the world, and you know, doing a bit of exercise in the process and say that that's toxic masculinity. If raising nearly two million dollars for homeless people is toxic masculinity, then I'd hate to see what good masculinity looks like.
Speaker 2: This reminds me of that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it reminds me of that old adage no good deed will go up. This poor bloke is just trying to help homeless people get smashed in the paper as somehow he's trying to hide his toxic masculinity. And what about female marathon runners. There's women who are ultra marathon runners. Australia is represented by women who pushed themselves physically to the limit at the Olympic and Commonwealth Games. What are they doing and they engaging in toxic masculinity?
Speaker 2: How does that work?
Speaker 3: And this journalist who's an advocate for mental health, which is a very good thing, But how do you advocate for mental health by publicly mocking a bloke for the crime of trying to raise money for homeless people?
Speaker 4: This discuss me no end. To be honest.
Speaker 5: Nearly every time I'd say ninety nine percent of the time that someone uses this term toxic masculinity, I read whatever they're talking about and I'm like, more of that, please, I'll tell you what ninety nine percent of the problems in this world can be summed up by the lack of testosterone in our men. Nowadays, it is well said that weak men create hard times and strong men create good times, and it's just an endless cycle of strong men creating good times being ruined by the weak.
Speaker 4: Men, and so on and on.
Speaker 5: It goes history a test to this very simple fact and the fact that we're currently in a stage where our men are not doing okay. It's reflected in the educational statistics, it's reflected in our suicide statistics, our mental health statis sticks, and we've still got flogs.
Speaker 4: Like this woman paying.
Speaker 5: Out on a guy is just trying to do a good deed, and somehow this is toxic masculinity.
Speaker 4: I've absolutely had it.
Speaker 1: But did she miss the forty hour Famine? Like you know, it was around when we were kids, raised money for World Hunger or whatever it was. There wasn't just boys pushing him as it was everyone. You know, gol oh, I'm not going to wear makeup for forty hours or I'm not gonna eat for forty hours or whatever. It was right to raise money.
Speaker 5: So mum would get me Barley sugars.
Speaker 1: To raise money if it's not a new concept, like pushing yourself to raise money for charity is not a new concept. But now it's toxic masculinity.
Speaker 3: The problem here is when you make one narrative your entire worldview so toxic masculinity, and then you view every event through that prism, you just end up ruining everything and bankrupting everything before we go to a break. The Victorian government, as you know, made a big deal about hosting the Commonwealth Games in twenty twenty six. It's one of the reasons why they convinced so many people in regional Victoria to vote for them at.
Speaker 2: The last election.
Speaker 3: Well that was soon canceled after they realized it was going to be too expensive, which gave rise to questions about process and about their seriousness ever hosting the Games at all. So the opposition have been asking for documents relating to those decisions to be handed over and the government have said, no, cabinet confidentiality, we can't do it. The process then is that the documents go to an independent legal arbitra who looks at them and decides whether or not the claim to keep them secret is fair. But the government in Victoria aren't even willing to let an independent legal arbiter.
Speaker 4: Look at these tells me how bad they are.
Speaker 3: We're going to quote a Greens MP and we're going to agree with her wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: Sarah Mansfield said.
Speaker 3: The other issue is that if you don't think your claims are going to hold up to scrutiny, what are you then afraid of being discovered as a result?
Speaker 1: Indeed, good point.
Speaker 3: What is the Victorian government hiding that they're keeping three hundred and fifty three documents, ministerial notes, cabinet briefings, costings secret and won't let the Victorian public see them. Don't forget JACINTHA Allen was the minister responsible for this that day.
Speaker 2: Might be one of the reasons.
Speaker 4: Where did these people get off it? Literally, it boggles the mind. They work for us. Don't forget that they squander our money. They work for us.
Speaker 5: And whenever we say we want to see the read receipts of this massive cock up, because that's exactly what it was, they're like, oh, for confidentiality, reasons, for cultural sensitivity, reasons, for any reason that they want to pull out of thin air.
Speaker 4: We can't tell you excuse me.
Speaker 1: You work for us.
Speaker 5: You are only in this position because we elected you. More was the fool for us. We trusted you to do this job with some integrity. You've proved you haven't. This government has got to go. I can't believe victorians elected them again. So in some ways you have to say you're just getting what you're voted for. It's more of the same Victorians, but it is eye watering. I don't know why we don't take to the streets more often and just say you cannot get away with this kind of lack of transparency.
Speaker 1: There's one reason that I don't want to reveal what's in those documents. As you said, Alan was the Minister for the delivery of the Commonwealth Games. They may well be things in those documents that would end her premiership. It would roll her.
Speaker 3: Ro We're going to go to a break, but stick around when we look at what's making news tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Our prices continue to rize, and.
Speaker 3: The Elbanezi's diary is in this array, and a whole lot more that's coming up in just a moment. Okay, let's take a sneak peek at tomorrow's newspapers. Liz, you've got the Tasmanian Mercury.
Speaker 4: I do, indeed and get a load of this story. It's so pathetic. Unjust desserts. The Big Splash reads.
Speaker 5: Government dinner canceled after restauranture criticized liberal policy. The Premier and a senior minister have apologized to a Lon Sisteon restaurant owner after a liberal staff are canceled a football function because the owner spoke at a press conference the day before with labor leader Dean Winter about the spirit of Tasmania fairies.
Speaker 4: Debarcle? Well it was a debarcle? Is the guy not allowed to speak to a.
Speaker 5: Labor leader about it without having a booking canceled at his restaurant because you're like.
Speaker 4: How dare you associate with them? This is so childish? What is this grade three?
Speaker 1: Well it maybe we'll be childish, but aren't they within their rights to say we don't want to spend money with someone who's got a press conference with the labor leader? Is Is that? What's wrong with that? I don't know what the problem is.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty bad president.
Speaker 3: You're going to punish business people exact they dare to criticize the government.
Speaker 1: But it's the same as I don't spend money with a business who's ethos I don't agree with. Why would they spend their money with a bloke who's just criticized.
Speaker 3: Because they're supposed to represent all Tasmanians, not just the ones that they like.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh, you were seen with someone we don't like. We're not coming to your restaurant anymore.
Speaker 1: Groa.
Speaker 3: The other part of this story that I just don't believe is a liberal staff at canceled the function and the Minister knew nothing about it.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 3: They canceled a major function twenty four hours beforehand and the Minister didn't know about it.
Speaker 2: He was informed later, presumably.
Speaker 1: Live minister for long lunches.
Speaker 3: Maybe let's go to the front page of tomorrow's Herald's Sun High Prices power on is the headline that will surprise absolutely nobody. Victoria's wholesale electricity price rose by more than all mainland states over the past year, dampening prospects. That's an understatement of real relief. In twenty twenty five, the inspects aware we had any The increase was due to a combination of factors, including variability in wind generation.
Speaker 2: Hang on a second, that's a surprise to me.
Speaker 3: You mean the wind doesn't blow beautifully I instantly and colder winter weather, which meant that when the wind wasn't blowing, people wanted electricity but there was none. Now the Australian are reporting tomorrow speaking of wholesale electricity prices year on year, they're up this year in Tasmania by two hundred and ninety percent, by one hundred and fourteen percent in Victoria, and by seventy six percent in South Australia and as the Herald Sun are reporting, with more increases expected in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: So the hits just keep on coming.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to Anthony Albanizi before the twenty twenty two elections, shall we? What did he say? Let's say it all in Unison. He was going to take how much off of your power bill? It was two hundred seventy five dollars promise, repeated, yes, seven time exactly. See how well that's going. You haven't had any reduction in your power Bila, And of course you'll come election time he'll say, well, but I gave you three hundred dollars off your power bill and then ten your plympus sect will say what she said before, which as well, your power bill would have gone to even further your word in gouvernment, I mean, please, it is absolutely pathetic. They absolutely promised they would reduce power bills and they have done nothing of the sort because they have invested further in renewable energy that simply is not up to scratch. It is so expensive, despite the fact we're continually told it is the cheapest, foremost in cheapest form of energy available, and they we don't have any and they refuse to entertain the idea of nuclear energy, which as we know, is a mission free. It is an absolute joke energy policy in this country. And as we talked to last night, the global demand for coal is the highest it has ever been, and here we have massive deposits of the stuff in this country and we won't burn it for our own energy, but we quite happily send it overseas so other people can burn it.
Speaker 2: And you mean the Chinese communist exactly.
Speaker 1: It's cheap available energy and we won't use it, but we're haaving for other people to use it. Try and make it make sense.
Speaker 4: Well, can we anymore? Anyway?
Speaker 5: We've blown up so many of Well, that's right, Commission, they really made sure they burnt our bridges on that regard.
Speaker 4: We're going into green energy, we're leaving you know it.
Speaker 1: And now the state government are having to pay the coal fard pass stations to stay open because there isn't enough renewable energy to keep the lights on them. So let's go to the Daily Telegraph tomorrow where there is a story that is on the front of many of the papers.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Report reveals Nine's darkest secrets. Toxic TV is the headline. A bombshell report into the culture media giant Nine Entertainment has found a systemic issue with abuse of power and authority, bullying, discrimination, and sexual harassment, driven by a lack of accountability and trust in its leadership. The problems went beyond the TV newsrooms, with respondents in both the radio and publishing divisions also reporting they had experienced bullying. Now, part of this report says that a quarter of people working at the nine network have suffered sexual harassment of some form. I mean, it is shocking stuff and of course they will now have to respond. Many people at nine have already sort of paid the price for it. The chairman, former chairman Peedi Costello of course fell on his sword. The CEO is leaving though that is supposedly not linked to any of this. There will be in introspection I suppose going on at nine now. But how many other companies across Australia would tonight be looking at these headlines and going God forbid we ever did a similar report into ourselves. This isn't just a NINE problem. I think it needs to be seen. This probably exists in many other businesses across the country. This is only scratching the surface.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine how relieved ABC is right now after the last few surveys they did one on bullying, sexual harassment, racism in the workplace. The results that came back were absolutely eye watering. And now nine's come along and been like hoh my bear. So ABC right now is polishing their halo going well, at least we're not nine, Not that that's an excuse for anything to the splash of the Australia Now.
Speaker 4: Alban Easy stuffs.
Speaker 5: Up diary royally tell us more Alban Easy will become the first Australian Prime minister in decades to miss the swearing in of a new Indonesian president skipping the inauguration of the country's new leader amid a scheduling clash with King Charles's visit to Australia.
Speaker 4: Is it just me or do you go given how much of a republican you are.
Speaker 5: You're one Australia to become a republic You've got your like a republic a minister as soon as you made a cabinet I would have thought he'd just go to Indonesia and be like, sorry.
Speaker 4: Can't miss this, best regards King Charles.
Speaker 1: Have these people never heard of a plane and a diary?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: It's the same thing with the premiers saying that they couldn't possibly go to Canberra on Monday to meet with King Charles and Queen Camilla because we've got cabinet meetings to a teen I mean, move the bloody cabinet meeting to six am and get on a plane and.
Speaker 4: Go to Tandale. Who in a republic?
Speaker 1: That's why I know. But it's just pathetic, like could he not find a way to attend both events? You're the Prime Minister of Heaven, say make it happen.
Speaker 3: And to only realize this at the last moment shows just what the shamozzle it is that the Albanezy government.
Speaker 2: Is absolutely accent drone. There's one more story list, waul we go to that.
Speaker 4: Yes there is LMP pro lifeer breaks ranked so no. This close to an election.
Speaker 5: One of David chris Afooley's self described pro life candidates declared at a polling booth this week that she wanted abortion laws changed, but quote, I can't say anything end quote until after the Liberal National Party wins the state election. You gotta feel sorry for this lady. She's at a polling booth. She's making conversation with everyday people. No doubt they asked her about this because it's a point of interest, one that CHRISA.
Speaker 4: Fouley has just skated around. Doesn't want to touch it.
Speaker 5: With a ten foot poll for obvious reasons, and someone skilled on her. She's been overheard having a conversation.
Speaker 4: Now it's on the front page of the Astralisy.
Speaker 2: Here's the lesson.
Speaker 4: If you can't have for being pro life, I'm with you, lady.
Speaker 3: You can't say anything till after the election. Don't say anything until after the election. We're going to go to a break when we come back. A guy complains to police that he's been assaulted. But the CCTV foot it shows Paul is not what it seems.
Speaker 2: I'm up in a month.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, at the weekend the Bathist one thousand race was run and it was a great race. But one of the most interesting things happened not during the race, but in the wee hours of the morning after.
Speaker 1: Indeed, spare a thought for this guy, young fella. He's an engineer with the Erebus Racing team, which of course one Bathurst with the Brodie Kostecki. Now, they all went to the pub after the race and celebrated as you would imagine, and at about four in the morning he was going back to his hotel room and he alleged that he was assaulted on the way through. Well, the coppers went back and had a look at the CCTV footage and they found that, in fact, he wasn't assaulted. He'd beaten himself up. Yes, the CCTV footage showed him punching himself in the face before he hit the ground. Now, I don't know how he came up with the idea, you can see some of the images here that he had been assaulted. I gotta tell you. I've been pissed once or twice in my life, but I don't think I've ever been I punched myself in the face, fell down on the footpath, and then stood up affterwards when who wanted to punched me? Like? He's had one hell of a night, this guy.
Speaker 3: You know, when someone says something stupid and someone says them, give yourself an uppercut.
Speaker 2: I mean, but I mean.
Speaker 3: The crazy thing is the race team Erebus was so concerned they actually offered a reward for anyone who could provide information about the assailants.
Speaker 4: Well, he claimed that three men had set upon him and done this.
Speaker 5: The poor kid, He must have just been desperately looking for a reason to explain away his injuries.
Speaker 4: But why wouldn't you just say I fell over? It was four am, guys, we had a lot of drinks. No, he comes up with this fanciful tale.
Speaker 2: There was an annoying fly on my nose and I was trying to get rid of it.
Speaker 1: He could have just fallen off a box like.
Speaker 2: Excuses.
Speaker 3: That's it from us, But stick around coming up in just a moment, just read a penny