Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to another episode of Just for Girls. Let's produce a blake here again. Sam's settling back in after her trip away, and Izzy is slowly making her way back. I think it's a few days now, but until then, we're dropping some of our favorite episodes we've ever recorded. I've given you a few guest interviews, but today I'm going to give you one of my favorite horror stories ever, and that's in law horror stories. You can't get much juicier than that. Like every time I hear one of these stories, I'm fully sad. Tell me everything and in the most detail possible. But from memory, this was like one of our most intense episodes. So I'm just going to drop this here, let you enjoy. We can't wait to talk and catch up very surely, and until then, have a lovely week.
Speaker 2: She started running at my friend with her vists in the air, and she went to swing at her, but my boyfriend had gotten the way and started holding the mum back.
Speaker 3: The fucking demons this woman would have happened. I was just thinking that Happy Tuesday, Joes.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to out Just for Girls podcast. Welcome back to me Just for Girls, podcast.
Speaker 2: It's funny our news reporters like they do have to like change their voice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they really do.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I wonder if they have to go into training or it's just kind of like an environmental thing that they ended up adjusting to each other.
Speaker 4: Wait, whoa.
Speaker 2: Now, it's like when someone says like, you'll be like, oh, like I'm really good at like a British accent or something, and then when someone goes like do it, You're like yeah, Like I was about to try like a news reported thing, but then I was like, I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking to this guy on Instagram and he has an English accent and he keeps on sending me voice members and then I said the voice memo back and I'm like starting to mock him, and.
Speaker 4: He literally, did you mocking me?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I literally don't mean it, Like the whole time I was speaking to.
Speaker 4: That English guy. Yeah, I'm like, sorry, I don't be a babe. And I just loved it. I actually the English.
Speaker 2: Accent is like an afrodisiach for me. I think it's the best. Yeah, really hot, it's really hot.
Speaker 3: But on today's episode, we are doing like in law horror stories or like boyfriends, parents, just like.
Speaker 4: I feel like some of these are going to be really interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like a lot of the ones in our d ms, which we haven't read them yet, obviously, our producer uses them for me, but for you, just you, I.
Speaker 3: Pick my own, you said, My producer picks them for me, for us, for sorry.
Speaker 2: She's a good character whom you are in my life, in my story, and i'm your side piece in your story.
Speaker 4: No, you're my main character. We're the same. You're the main character in your own story.
Speaker 3: No, i'd say we're equal in my stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's nice. I'm not Leo those.
Speaker 2: But the classic one I think will come will have come up a lot, is that.
Speaker 4: The mum wants to data son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's always a hard one. When the sun the mom is in love with the sun. But I feel like it's just not spoken about it. I feel like in our minds it's like a fairy tale thing where you have the best relationship with your in laws, but it's not a common thing.
Speaker 4: I think it's really hard. A lot of people have a lot of.
Speaker 3: Issues with the in laws that she just not spoken about you.
Speaker 4: She never want to speaks about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you didn't date that person for these parents and you were just now have to deal with these yents and you put it up, put up with them because you're like, well, I love their kid. Yeah that's why I'm here. But it's like you did not choose these people.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean. I'm very blessed.
Speaker 3: My first boyfriend only had a mom. I never met the dad, and I was really close with the mum and it was really good because I was like sixteen. And then my last relationship, he was an only child, so I kind of was like then ended up being one of their kids and they loved me as well. So I'm very blessed with my in laws have been. I don't have anymore, but like have been very blessed with them.
Speaker 4: My first one was fine, lovely.
Speaker 2: The mom was actually really sweet and would always like try and give me her clothes and makeup and stuff.
Speaker 4: And it was really here. Yeah, I'm just gonna not talk. The other one, Yeah, for the best. Yeah, I don't want you to get a lot.
Speaker 2: She is just like that was in an ideal situation basically, but in saying that, that happens to a lot of people, and you know, not going to dish it on someone's parents.
Speaker 4: So fair.
Speaker 3: So you guys can because you're all anonymous, So it's all fine, you guys. You guys can absolutely let loose on this podcast. But do you have a recommendation of the week?
Speaker 4: Is it? I feel like we haven't done one for a while. I actually do.
Speaker 2: I am really liking the Isle of Paradise moisturizer.
Speaker 4: Yeah you love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the pink one. There's like a yellow one, a pink one, and it smells so good. But I always buy it when I'm going on a holiday in the sun because it's a nice consistency. It doesn't make you feel too sweaty, but it's really really moisturizing, and I never feel when I use it, like even if I mean this un too much, like it will kind of protect my skin, they won't feel.
Speaker 4: So it's roller God and it smells roller God.
Speaker 3: Nice. Would recommend a mine is also another thing that we were all using on holidays. I'm not sure if I've already spoken about it, but it is it as me bodyglow oil. I have planted again in my TikTok the other day and everyone's like, what is this?
Speaker 4: It's fucking goaded.
Speaker 3: It's so good, Like I'm loving esme at the moment. I really really like the way it makes my skin look.
Speaker 4: But yeah it's the as me body. I just love the way it makes me feel. Yeah, I just do it makes me feel good. Yeah, fair enough, but yeah it's the best.
Speaker 3: And then like put it on your chest when you're wearing like a low cut thing so nicely.
Speaker 2: Sometimes even put it on the prior even doing my makeup or anything like, because I'll put my top on for the night and then I'll put it on because once it even settles into your skin, if you don't like that oily feeling when you're leaving the house, say it's spali or it's like really hot. Once the oil sinks in, the sparkles still stay on your.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I don't think it's really oily. No it's not.
Speaker 2: But it's like if you want to just put it on for the sparkles, the sparkles do stay once the oil like sinks in, And so it's really nice.
Speaker 4: So would recommend it's time for question when can we stop that? Never? We have to keep on running with it.
Speaker 3: Now, do you know one thing we really need to do though, we need to get like a hard hitting intro, like we don't have that.
Speaker 2: We all just gotay welcome Mack. Yeah, I totally agree with you.
Speaker 3: No, we're so uncreated.
Speaker 4: Pre recorded intro kind of that.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, well we have our classic like copyright free music that everyone the tags and see when like Gloria.
Speaker 2: Jeans such just a girl's intro. Well, I don't listen to that music very much. No, I don't dislike it. I thought I would have gotten over it, but it gets me in a good movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it really does, all right.
Speaker 3: Easy if you sold the rights to an entire life to Netflix so they could pick one specific period, phase or experience and turn it into comedy, what would yeah, okay, what would they choose to make the movie about, or like, what period of life would they pick.
Speaker 2: That would say, my first relationship and breakup would be the biggest comedy part.
Speaker 4: In my life. It would they laugh at you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, okay, I was a fucking nutback It would look it was a shitty situation. I think the way it all came out as well is just like so unusual, do you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, what part like obviously he was sleeping with my best friend, but her mum was actually the one that told me that that added happened, and it just dragged. It was just a yeah, it sucks, but I'd say that is like I probably made the biggest full of myself during those couple of years of my life.
Speaker 4: You know, fair enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, you Mine would probably be like a remake of like Reality TV of Wild Child when I've lived in the school comedy. Yeah, but like reality TV can be comedy. Well, I feel like that, like even Wild Child, it would be good. Yeah, Like it's just like real life me living in a boarding school with one hundred and twenty boys and like navigating that as like a fucking teenager in the.
Speaker 4: Middle of puberty or were you at that point?
Speaker 3: I was from eight to twenty eight years old.
Speaker 4: Too, when I was twenty. Fuck ya.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, imagine if that was like happening when you were older, but like you were twenty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Good when I was older because I was older than the boys.
Speaker 4: But when I was their age.
Speaker 3: I was like fuck me, yeah that and all my friends wanted to come over and I was like, no, they totally.
Speaker 2: Would have just used you for like that you're not a good friend of people you want to be your friend, but like a lot of some girls would have been like committed dinner at yours tonight.
Speaker 4: With the hope that they could like go have dinner in the morning. I spell the.
Speaker 3: Boys one when I was younger, when I was like eight, and stuff, like when I was in primary school, all of my friends wanted to come over to my house because I lived at a school, so we had all the playgrounds and everything like that, and everyone loved it. And then when I transitioned into high school, everyone wanted to come over because they were near the boys and obviously, and they all would talk to the boys on Snapchat and then they would want to come and be like seen over there. But one time I did take my friends because we had a rowing regatta early the next morning and it was my mum's turn to drive us all down, and they came to a boarding house dinner before and my friend Night said she was like I never fucking want to come again, Like that's hell. I was like, fair enough, Like you guys all glamorize this year, but really reality is you're like three girls in your uniform, sitting in your uniform because the dinner is so early. It's even at six o'clock, so by the time you get home from school to the carriage down.
Speaker 4: The food was pretty good.
Speaker 3: It's like a huge buffet and everything you walk around with the plate and then.
Speaker 4: Like stop for me would be my worst time, No, but it's actually like good food. But it's like walking into.
Speaker 3: A room, yeah, and you have to stand there in a line, and then you walk through the line and you like pick your salads and you pick your fucking desserts, and then you go.
Speaker 4: Into this huge hall and to carry on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the tables are like seated for twelve people, so if your family isn't all there and you don't have a table to fill up, you could just be sitting.
Speaker 4: Next to it.
Speaker 3: You're twelve a fuck, yeah, but you don't talk.
Speaker 4: God, you don't talk.
Speaker 3: That that good because they're too scared to talk to you.
Speaker 4: They're way too scared to talk to you.
Speaker 3: But then they'll snapchat you after because is like your dad's sitting next to you, they're not going to fucking speak to you. Borders, and then like dining hall directors and sometimes teachers will.
Speaker 4: Come there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the whole dining hall is filled with like two hundred people.
Speaker 2: So what would your soundtrack to this boarding school thing be?
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like it would be our Jospher Girl's playlist from one of music. Yeah, we've got every it's got everything. It's got an array of music, and like a lot of it is a bit of a throwback from that period of time, Like we've got some old hits that are like I'm like, fuck, yeah I did, because I used to make video stars and to covers of them and then I used to go make the borders watch them. So there are a few of those music songs like the Justin Timberlake songs, and.
Speaker 2: People ask like what's your what's your like, what's your favorite sort of type of music? It's like old, like like thousands, like R and B, like the.
Speaker 3: Twenty thirteen, like the Summer Hits CD play.
Speaker 4: That's just like such up. But I'm like, we don't need you now because it's on the just Girl playlist.
Speaker 3: We curated that into a playlist, So I feel like that is just the perfect playlist for me, and it always is going to be. Like the other week I had my Cami Citron shoot and we played the Miller was like, oh, do you guys have a playlist to play?
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, josph girls playlist. Hello, go on to my Spotify.
Speaker 3: It's like right there and just like press shuffle babe. And she was like, this is really good.
Speaker 4: I was like, it's a hype up play It is really good.
Speaker 2: It's good for like, yeah, it's a prese playlist to getting ready playlist. Yeah, when you want to feel good about yourself. I think it's great. It hypes me up for I actually was going on a first day and we played it on the TV.
Speaker 4: On the TV we did because it gets me. It gets me in a good mood and it's something that we go for. Girl, I can do this. Let's fucking go. And then when I drove you, we popped it on as well.
Speaker 3: Little It's all good. It's it's so good.
Speaker 4: There's no skips.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So make sure you guys if you need a little playlist to get you pumped up for a date, a.
Speaker 4: Photo shoot, anything, you want, a.
Speaker 3: Day of school, Yeah, oh that'd be great on the time or the train. Yeah, fucking don't bop your head too much.
Speaker 2: We do have that just for girls playlist with Warner Music.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, So give it a.
Speaker 3: Listen, Give it a listen. We love you and we love Warner Music. Let's go into in law.
Speaker 4: Your actually really excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the in laws submission. Let's go into story number one. Okay, hey, girls, I love the partty, It's my favorite time of the week.
Speaker 4: Anyway, into the story.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited for this because it's gonna make me feel so good anyway.
Speaker 4: Because I just think in laws are fucked something fucked. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was dating this guy for just under two years. He was lovely for the most part, but we just weren't right for each other. We have different cultures and different religions. That's hard when you have to like really kind of like dive into their culture and stuff like that. But you are, you're so new to it.
Speaker 4: You don't know what's going wrong.
Speaker 2: I've never experienced that, but I can imagine that, having clash like different religions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, be very challenged.
Speaker 3: Like I'm watching this movie, this show which you guys should watch.
Speaker 4: It's called Not Right Oh the Time with Seth Cohen, Yes, Adam Brady.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm like is this play about me?
Speaker 4: Like they have a podcast they struggle with dating, and she's date dating a rabbi.
Speaker 3: No, but I'm like she has struggled with dating. She is struggling with dating. They have a podcast that they talk about sex and relationship.
Speaker 4: I could date Adam Brody. I don't think he's hot at all.
Speaker 2: You need to watch him in the OC Seth Karen. He's just like he's got the best character in that show. He's such a nerdy little geek, but he's so fucking witty and funny.
Speaker 3: But he's a rabbi and she's not Jewish, and he's like tries to get her to become Jewish and like get.
Speaker 4: Her a party of culture to get her to become Yeah, and she like kind of like really duves into it.
Speaker 3: But then she like is introduced to the Jewish family and she's not Jewish, so she's kind of rejected by the family. It's very interesting, but like it does remind me of like when you start dating someone who is from a different culture or religion.
Speaker 4: Of culture, I expect there's kids to date from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Mormon religion, Like if you want more in God. Yeah, So it's good yeah, you want to watch it. It's like something you put on in the background.
Speaker 4: It's an easy one.
Speaker 2: I've gone back to suits, so I've got nine seasons of that. I had them move before I continue.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: He was from South Africa and Christian, and I'm from Victoria and I kind of believe in whatever I want. We did a year of long distance, and then I moved from VIC to Queensland to be with him and we lived together for six months. During the time of long distance, his parents were lovely and welcoming, but when it came to us moving in together, they then decided they didn't approve of it and they wouldn't support us.
Speaker 4: There are some where way this is getting with you serious.
Speaker 3: You're non Christian and you're not married and you're meant to live together. Oh yeah, Christians don't You don't move in until you're.
Speaker 4: Married, right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We lived together for about five months and then we visited the family for two weeks and in that time his dad set him up with three other girls and told him to break up with me. So they probably bought in like three Christian girls and was like these are your women. Love.
Speaker 4: It was like in the time that the girlfriend's also there though. Yeah, that's fucked.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's giving like arranged marriage. I had to give those girls a chance while I was staying in their house.
Speaker 1: That's fucked.
Speaker 4: That's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we really don't like you, so I've brought in three other options from my son, I.
Speaker 4: Would just while you're sleeping here. Fuck, that's fuck.
Speaker 3: Then I went back to home to visit family for a week, and in that time his dad kept on saying how he needs to break up with me because I'm not the same religion and offered him money to do it as well. Safe to say, we're not together anymore. And he listened to his dad, well.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, it's fucked, so insulting, horrible, but it's like, seems like they weren't right for each other anyways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my fuck the headache of like all of that shit, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you really love them, you know you'll push through that sort of stuff. But at the beginning, she says, we just weren't right for each other anyways, So it's like, yeah, it was bound to end at some point. He probably just wanted to like the money and run. That's crazy though.
Speaker 3: But like so hard that your parents. Parents are literally offering money to not be with you.
Speaker 4: You're like, all right, I'll just fucking walk out.
Speaker 3: Don't give him money, Please.
Speaker 4: Take the money.
Speaker 2: I feel like, Yeah, some in laws are subtle, but this is just direct. We don't fucking like you we're bringing in. Imagine seeing that, like, you're dating this card for two years and three girls have just walked into this house to go on little dates with him while you're the head.
Speaker 3: I imagine if you were one of the girls and you're like, what, you have a girlfriend?
Speaker 4: Why am I here?
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, never thought I would have a story to write in. That's crazy, but the weak can prove me wrong. Also, this is a recent reason. Yeah, I saw you doing horror stories, So I guess it kind of fits. Let's title it ex mother in law tries to hit me and to the girls.
Speaker 4: Fuck, that's going to be the title of this week's episode. Yeah fucking hell. All right.
Speaker 2: So for backstory, me and my ex broke up two years ago and we have both now found new partners and have been dating them both for around a year. Safe to say we both moved on, just maybe not his mum. We were both okay, we both shared a friend group, so after we broke up, we stilled camping trips and we both shared a friend group, so after we broke up, we stilled camping trips we both went on, and.
Speaker 4: Birthdays, etc. Where we would see each other.
Speaker 2: I drifted from the group once I found my new partner, so I haven't really seen any of them for a while. On the weekend, my sister's boyfriend, who was still friends with them all, said we should go to the casino later tonight, as we were already having drinks at mine. He said all the others would be there because it was my ex's new partner's birthday. Awesome, Okay, well it seems like them to each other are fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, which is nice.
Speaker 2: My sister's boyfriend said to them, or we could all catch up if we ended up going. So it was about twelve thirty by the time we got to the casino, so some of them had already left, but we ended up seeing a couple of our old friends in a seated area, so we went over to say hi.
Speaker 4: A little went by and I saw my ex's.
Speaker 2: Mom's your ex's mom with the casino. Oh, eauce, it's the new partner's birth birthday, Briethday. We then I realized, oh, it must have been like a proper sort of family birthday thing. I said hi and asked her how she was, and she said hi in a moody tone.
Speaker 4: Why is she being petty?
Speaker 3: Like? It seems like you and your ex boyfriend are on great terms.
Speaker 4: You don't really care?
Speaker 3: Why is the mom who's like forty years older than all the petty?
Speaker 2: Yeah unless it's cheating, Yeah, have some fucking respect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like no one else seems to care, babe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, okay, turn back around, because I've seen her since the breakup and she wasn't rude to me or my sister or anything. Then she looked pretty drunk, so I just continued my conversation. She then tapped me and started saying, what the fuck are you doing here? We all responded what are you doing here? Like I'm their age?
Speaker 4: You should go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's past term, and we all responded saying we just came over to say hi.
Speaker 4: We haven't seen her run in a while. And then she then claimed.
Speaker 2: I was trying to ruin my ex's girlfriend's birthday and started pushing me, my sister, and my friend.
Speaker 4: Out of the seating area. Mature really.
Speaker 2: She started yelling at me, saying, how I fucked up for breaking up with her son. I'm happy and in love with my new partner, and I assume my ex is the same with his new partner. After some more pushing and yelling, I told her she needed to get over it, and that I had dated her son it two years ago.
Speaker 3: So clearly that's what this is giving me, that she actually doesn't like the new girlfriend. And then she's like, yeah, like, you shouldn't have broken up with my son, all right, So you mad that we're not.
Speaker 2: Together because she's mad because she really liked you and she wanted it to work out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what it's giving. I'd be complimented by that.
Speaker 4: I really thank you you still love me.
Speaker 2: If I was the new girlfriend, I'd be yeah, I like, why are you?
Speaker 3: Like, why are you making a scene because nobody else is.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I told her, you've had when people say this to you was so mean, but it's like it hits Yeah. I told her, you've had way too much to drink and you need to go home, and I walked away. My sister and friend was still being yelled at by her, so my boyfriend went in to separate them as the mum was getting really pushy. She then yelled at my boyfriend that I was a slack awesome Okay, yeah, let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's kind of fucking bring out the fucking fistbather.
Speaker 4: We moved away.
Speaker 2: To the bar area and we were waiting to get a drink when she started running at my friend with her fists in the air. Her handbag flung off and she went to swing at her, but my boyfriend got in the way and started holding the mum back. This is so like she clearly just had like, oh, too much to drink.
Speaker 3: Like I would be so embarrassed if I was your ex boyfriend, like, mum.
Speaker 4: What are you doing? Why is he not jumping in an eddity? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was your now boyfriend doing this when it's got nothing to do with him.
Speaker 2: Like it should be the sound going mum, we're fine, fucking stop yeah.
Speaker 3: Fuck the fucking demons this woman would have happened.
Speaker 2: EXT was just thinking that we just sore head and this son coming and going you fucked up.
Speaker 3: Fuck. Fuck.
Speaker 2: My friend threw her brand new drink all over her face when she was coming at me, and then she started to run and try and grab me. I was gobsmarked. She was saying we were all psychos ironic.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Was somewhat expecting an apology for how she acted, but she must still think she's in the right. I hope she at least gave the birthday go on her son an apology.
Speaker 4: Facts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with chat that they would have had to have the next morning.
Speaker 4: I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.
Speaker 2: There's something pens up there. Yeah, some sort of anger that's coming out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't like the new girlfriend. She didn't. I don't reckon she likes this hick either.
Speaker 2: I just think she wants to marry her son, and it's like, no one hurt my son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe it was really her after the breakup.
Speaker 2: Because like mom's like that, it doesn't actually matter what the girlfriend's like.
Speaker 4: She's gonna hate you regardless. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's always good being close to your family, but when they're in love with the sun.
Speaker 4: That's a difficult relationship. It's incredibly different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Story number three, My ex and I dated for two years. That is a very common period that everyone dates to two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's actually like a cycle.
Speaker 3: You can setch it up on the internet of the cycle your relationships go through, and when it hits like the two year mark in your early twenties, it's kind of like, all right, are we gonna keep going?
Speaker 2: Like are we going to get into the point where we're like a serious.
Speaker 3: Serious, long term or are we going to come up together cut it off?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he aged roll for me two girls. My ex and I dated for two years, and for the first three to six months, his parents made it so hard for me. I was my ex's first real girlfriend, and for the first month of the relationship, I overheard his dad telling him that I was not special.
Speaker 4: Oh that's so fucking mean. Like, well, yeah, but you don't know her that well, do you know what I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like, imagine you overhearing your partner's dad saying that.
Speaker 4: I'd be bawling. Yeah, I really upset me.
Speaker 3: He said that he doesn't understand why he wastes all his time on me, and I'm just going to be the same.
Speaker 4: As every other girl. That's so mean. That would crush my heart. Yeah, that's fucked.
Speaker 3: I considered breaking up with my boyfriend because I naively felt bad that I was not a perfect girl for him, and I bought into what his dad was telling me.
Speaker 4: So you kind of then.
Speaker 3: Felt like had low fucking confidence you were fair. Yea, God, I was so jululu And I probably should have broken up with him at that point because it gets worse awesome.
Speaker 4: And they stay together for another year and a half. Yeah, right, I have celiac disease.
Speaker 3: And his dad said that we shouldn't say together because if we did, I would have to produce unhealthy children with lots of health complications, and I'm not worthy of reproducing with What the fuck?
Speaker 4: That is so funn No, I just don't eat gluten.
Speaker 3: If I eat gluten, then yeah probably, but like, no, I'm perfectly healthy.
Speaker 2: As in his worry that she's going to pass down that scene. Yeah, but like fuckingo, Like who cares? You just can't eat gluten. Surely you'd rather have celia kids then marry someone you don't like, and you.
Speaker 3: Like really pulling ut straws to think of it to reasons to not like me. My fucking food con assumption is making me have horrible kids. So it seems like the dad's the problem at this Yeah, And which is weird because normally it's the mom. Normally the dads don't really give them fun I think sometimes Dad's like, you're my legacy.
Speaker 4: You need to keep my legacy. I feel like they can get funny in that regard. Yeah, okay, I've never had that.
Speaker 3: And I'm a child of divorce and said that if we got married, I would have to leave and divorce my ex because all mothers.
Speaker 4: And daughters are the same. Od.
Speaker 3: This man is just not right. He seems really old school. Little did he know it was my dad who separated from my mum. Yeah, assumption fucking central here. It's safe to say I haven't dated anyone since, and when I do, I will not put up with any bullshit like that from their parents. I tried so hard to impress his parents on anything that I did, and I guess it paid off because when I ran into his mom the most recently, she said, Oh, I was talking about you at dinner the other weekend, so I must have done something right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just the dad. Yeah, dad's dick.
Speaker 3: Might I add his dad's fears of divorcing him later in life were done because his son broke up with me because I couldn't give him what he needs to sex every day.
Speaker 4: That's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like I feel like sometimes parents have this like thing in their head of how their kid's life is going to play out, who they're going to marry, what they want, like, what they want for their kids' future.
Speaker 4: And if it's like not.
Speaker 3: That, they just instantly don't like you because it's not on.
Speaker 4: Their path that they saw their kids.
Speaker 2: If it's not following that like blueprint exactly, they're like, wait, hang on, what the.
Speaker 4: Fuck's going on? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do also think like there are exceptions, but the apple doesn't for far from the tray a lot of it.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, you know, A good thing to ask I saw this thing. I'm not sure I've mentioned on the podcast before.
Speaker 4: A really good thing to.
Speaker 3: Ask, like when you're like on the first few dates with someone is you ask what are your parents like? And they describe their mom and dad, and they talk about their mom and dad, they talk about their family dynamic, and then a couple questions after you say who are you more like your mum or your dad? Interest because they'll be like, oh, dad's a fuck weird, like he just like fucking like smokes diaries and pick up and then you ask, like once you kind of forget that, you go, oh, so who are you most like? And they go, oh, I'm like my dad, And like, so you smoke dories, you don't pick up after the house, and you just fucking sit on the couch all day.
Speaker 4: Awesome, So you're.
Speaker 3: Like interesting or they're like my mom, they're like they're super hard working, my dad's really good.
Speaker 4: And then you're like, who are most like? Oh like my dad. All right, so you one respect your parents too.
Speaker 2: I also think it's nice to see them speak highly of like, you know, like your parents have faults, no shit, But like if you're just bagging on you're like mum more. You know, sometimes can't be a good look. To be honest, it's hard to even talk about that stuff because family dynamics are so complicated and you just never really know what someone's experiencing.
Speaker 3: But but like if they say, like, oh, my dad left my mom when she was seven because like had they had an affair and like and then you are carp orescious lady, like, so who are you most like?
Speaker 4: Oh, like my dad, I'm like not so you party gon having an affair?
Speaker 3: Like treat your mom just it's quite smart. There you go, Ladies, discover it first before you.
Speaker 4: Get too deep. So Miss number four.
Speaker 2: When I first started dating my ex let's call him Jack, he wore me that his mom was very immature. She was really lovely from the interactions we had. She just had a very bubbly personality.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Kind of sometimes giving a warning, be like, be careful of this, Like, so you're a bit aware.
Speaker 2: I kind of like when the sun from our experienced son is aware yes, you know, not blinded, and thinks their mom's God's gift to Earth, when you're like, your mom is actually fucking psycho. Yeah, I like that they're aware. She's a hairdresser and she offered to do my hair for free, which I.
Speaker 4: Was really excited about it. Take that boob. But after that she started oversharing. Awesome. I've experienced that. It's awkward, yeah, because you don't know what to say.
Speaker 3: You don't want to like, you like want to provide sympathy, but you're like, oh my god, especially if it's about family drama.
Speaker 4: You're like, I don't really want to with the.
Speaker 2: People, inevitably about the negatively about the son that you're dating or something it's like, well, he's my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like where do I stand? What do you want me that you talk about your son?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like you're going to turn it against me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Jack's parents were separating and his mom began telling me about his dad's affairs, making me promise not to tell Jack or his sister.
Speaker 4: So that's really awkward, Like I'm dating your son, Like why are you?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 4: Would you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like I can't keep from my boyfriend that.
Speaker 3: You're fama Like what like you have to keep? Like, don't put me in this position. It's fucked.
Speaker 2: Then she just casually mentioned that she'd hooked up with one of Jack's friends in her home salon while Jack was inside.
Speaker 3: See, I couldn't keep that from my boyfriend.
Speaker 4: She goes, I kept quiet because I wanted her to like me. Fuck, I couldn't do that.
Speaker 2: Because you it would actually be I couldn't either. And I say that, but imagine how complicated the situation would because the moment you tell Dak, Jack's going to go fucking ape shit on his mom and she knows it's coming from you, and the whole relationship changes.
Speaker 3: But then imagine if Jack found out and you knew, and then he found out that you knew the whole time, and then.
Speaker 2: It's gonna damage your relationship with how challenging situation would actually really be.
Speaker 3: But like, I couldn't sit there and not say anything to Jack.
Speaker 2: No, like I couldn't. Sounds like it's a bit too much for me. Good luck, I'm going. Things escalated when she called me one day and told me Jack had caught his footy coach hiding in her own suite.
Speaker 4: She's fucking the footy coach to fuck.
Speaker 2: She made me promise to remind Jack that she would have done nothing if he ever mentioned it, as in, if Jack was I mean, Jack's not.
Speaker 3: Dumb, put too and do together? Why are you hiding in my fucking on suite?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was stuck knowing all of this, but couldn't tell Jack. It eventually became too much. I had to end things. Even though Jack is the most loving and kind person. The hardest part is I couldn't tell him why I had to leave. No, I'm like, in my opinion, if you're partying with that family and you're making that decision that I'm out, you have to tell him why Yeah, because otherwise he's going to think it's him.
Speaker 4: He's got to.
Speaker 3: Sit on that and be like, I'm the fucking problem.
Speaker 2: But then you're also going to be like blowing up not only the relationship but his family life. But it's like he needed to know, you know, but it's complicated. It all blew up when Jack's coach, who was also secretly seeing his mom, beat Jack up in front of his entire football team. His mom left without caring or checking on Jack.
Speaker 4: Immature.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like she's just like living like a teenager with kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The next morning, still startled from the events of the night, Jack woke up to a text from his mom saying that she was in Queensland with the guy that had just assaulted her son.
Speaker 4: So she's just living for herself. Like it's like she doesn't have children. They just hold Jack. I want to give Jack a hole. I know that feels. I feel really bad for Jack.
Speaker 2: Get back with him, fuck his mom off, don't fuck his mum memory.
Speaker 3: I think he's already fucked off.
Speaker 4: Fuck poor charge. And that is extremely complicated for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would provide trauma. Hey, girls love the podcast, so buckle in for this one. My partner mother is awful.
Speaker 4: So they're still together for such a bad word. It's such a strong word, like she's rude. No, she's fucking.
Speaker 3: Awful, she's vile, vile, she's irritating.
Speaker 4: What's another one?
Speaker 2: What's the one that I said we'd hate when people call us insufferable?
Speaker 4: Insufferable?
Speaker 3: She's an insufferable cow.
Speaker 4: That's just that always hits.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say that my partner is an angel and always takes my side and it has never forced me to have a relationship with his mother as I've spent four years trying to create a relationship that she doesn't want to bar up because she's so in love with her son in a weird way.
Speaker 4: Okay, so they're still together.
Speaker 3: Yes, So this is one story of many that I could write about and just boils my blood. My partner, let's call the mother Judy, and myself went out one night to get pizza. His mother went to order while my partner, let's call him am awesome, stayed in the car. Can we call him something different, Let's call him Jack? Okay, no, because Jack's a fucking fuck boy's name. But Jack and the last story wasn't a fuck boy, so we'll call him Jack. Judy came back to the car and told Jack that he should have ordered the pizza because the girl in the front counter was so his tight that they will look good together. Like, why would you say that in front of my face.
Speaker 4: I'm in your car, I'm literally dating your son. Are we we're gonna partend? Like maybe you should?
Speaker 2: You should go in there and pick up the pizzas because she's fucking hot. It's like, what is wrong with you? How did you get to reproduce?
Speaker 4: Fucked mind you.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in the backseat and my partner and I had twenty three and we've been together.
Speaker 4: For four years.
Speaker 3: Jack replied to Judy and said, well, my type is my girlfriend. He just proceeded to defend me him. I love you, Jack, know in that way. It's fine you have Betty over here. Sorry, I just didn't want to overs the line. Judy then responded and say that we better not marry her. And I was sitting in the back seat and I've had ugly babies.
Speaker 4: What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what the fuck so you think I'm ugly? You've just said you think I'm ugly? Maybe your son's ugly.
Speaker 4: No, Jack's nice, Jack's nice, Jack's hot, Judy's ugly. Judy is ugly. She's a horrible personality. She sounds indufferable. Hmmm. Jack and I then left the car and ubered it and uber obviously very challenging.
Speaker 2: I've seen it to get in between your mom and your partner, but when they do it, it's like.
Speaker 3: But it seems then he didn't really like provide a reaction. He was like, I'm just gonna remove both of us from the situation.
Speaker 4: Because I go through this. Yeah. Fuck. This incident is one of Mannie's.
Speaker 3: But she's always a comments on my appearance, my weight, and my career. She tells her have family, how I'll never go anywhere as my career is in primary school teaching.
Speaker 4: So you must be a good fucking chick. You're a primary school teacher around.
Speaker 3: Kids, Like that is the biggest green flag.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If someone came and he was like I'm dating and I'm oh, I'm a primary school teacher. Like if my boyfriend was like a sports season in a primary I'm like, oh my god, you're a fucking.
Speaker 2: Saint and you're like that guy, and it's like they'll be like, oh, like I'm setting to your teacher. It's like, oh my god, you're such like you're a good persive.
Speaker 3: I always speaking to my housemates about this. Last night, I was like, we're watching that show and I was like, fuck, like it is a bit awkward, like saying like you're meeting the new parents, Like, so what do.
Speaker 4: You do for really think? Oh, I have a podcast? What do you talk about the podcast? Oh?
Speaker 3: We have like people on they like speak about like sex and like relationships, and we like answer me with ste Lemmas. It's like, be awkward, but I'm like, I promise. I'm like doing well for myself, like.
Speaker 2: Like my job, but it's not one of those jobs. It's like I'm a lawyer, I'm a teacher.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You kind of like you have to explain yourself a little bit like kind to prove that.
Speaker 4: You're like your friend it's good. It's a good job. Yeah, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 3: She's awful and no matter how much I try to be nice to her, she always tears me down. Never thought that I'd be the girl with the psycho mother in law, but I guess I was wrong. That's just so awkward, like you're literally a green flag, you're a walking green flag and any like. And sometimes when they comment on your appearance and your weight like that hits hard because you're like, but Jack doesn't seem to copy it, and Jack obviously seems to like it.
Speaker 2: It seems like he's the right kind of guy to handle a situation like that because he will put you first so it can survive it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But that is an awful thing too.
Speaker 2: And you know people like that, you're twenty three, but it's like those mothers. Are you still going to be in contact with those sort of mothers when you're like thirty five and you have kids. No, they're probably going to be the ones you only see it like Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're horrible.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And Jack will obviously just try to keep that separated. And if you think my kids are ugly great, don't see them. Yeah, don't see your grandchildren that you should love. Like you're just doing yourself withself with disservice.
Speaker 4: What a cow.
Speaker 2: I have a story for you guys about what happened on a first holiday with my in laws. So February this year, I went on my first holiday with my partner and his family on a cruise ship.
Speaker 4: I can't escape that. You're stuck on a boat together. They can just push you off if they don't like you. I can this murder. People just appear on cruise ships all the time. It's kind of scary. It's really scary. I would say.
Speaker 2: My partner and I had been together at this point for just over a year. It was the first night of the cruise, and my partner's family loved to drink and I don't as much. I'm not a huge drinker. And we had a whole drinking package for unlimited drinks for the whole trip, so we obviously wanted to make the most of it because it was quite expensive, like eight hundred two one thousand dollars each.
Speaker 4: I'd assume that is.
Speaker 2: Because the cruises they're always like food and drinks packages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. Anyways, we were all.
Speaker 2: Drinking quite a lot in the first night, and they wanted to see me get drunk and let loose a little, because they were like, I don't think we will ever see that way.
Speaker 4: Fair enough on holiday, you have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that's about we like, don't peer pressure, no peer pressuring, Like if you then said, no, they shouldn't be doing it.
Speaker 2: I'm just I know, so I thought it was almost a challenge and got absolutely wasted. I can't even remember half the night. I was mixing wines, spirits, and all.
Speaker 4: Sorts of drinks. That's a recipe food disaster. I always mix wine, spirits and all sorts of drinks.
Speaker 3: Because you normally start on wine, but I only spirits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I'll go to spirits and stuff when i'm at like if I'm at like the club, it's like.
Speaker 4: I'm joking. By the way, sometimes I do ask for rosees.
Speaker 2: We headed back to the room because all the bars were closing, and I run straight to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: And the ship was super rocky.
Speaker 2: It's not a good Yeah, the fucking I was on a cruise ship last year and it's not good.
Speaker 4: I didn't feel too good.
Speaker 2: I was so drunk and I was sitting on the floor of the bathroom at this point, and I thought I grabbed the bathroom bin and spewed up in it, but it turns out it was the bathroom.
Speaker 4: Matt rolled up what airl Oh my god.
Speaker 2: My partner's mum walks in and goes, oh fuck, calls my partner to come help me up and get me in the bath. His mom and I are sitting in the tub. I'm fully naked, she's half naked.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, yo, Oh he's going on here.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, remind me to tell you something after I finished this story.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, she's half naked, and.
Speaker 2: My spew was just going back and forth on the floor from the ship being so rocky, and he's cleaning up my spew whilst his.
Speaker 4: Mum is showering me. That's good of her, that was very nice.
Speaker 2: Well, she probably feels responsible, you could say. The next day, I wanted to die. I was so embarrassed and I couldn't look at her the same after she saw me that way. Since then, we've become super close, so it's all good now, but it still.
Speaker 4: DAWs me to this day. So this is actually a nice story. That's cute.
Speaker 3: That's like relationship following, Like we've really bonded after that, Like I've seen your tits, You've seen me naked, vomiting, like you've seen me in.
Speaker 4: A really really bad state, vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that kind of reminds me of a story I had when my ex used to live with JACKI and Michayla Crisp, and I'm still really close with them now. Like they were amazing, And it was in lockdown, and the first year of the B and F was in lockdown. But because we all lived together, we had like a little party in the house.
Speaker 4: Remember see it was all legal, but.
Speaker 3: There was like six of us that lived in the house. We all just celebrated the Copeland and whatever. So much fun. But I was in like the run of my eating discorder, so I was so thin, Like I was so sick, and I like I was trying to keep up with Jack and Caleb, and I just got so fucking wasted that I ended up falling asleep like eight thirty with a bowl in the bed, like hunched over, passed out asleep. And there's this fucking photo of Jack like hovering over me in bed and I'm just like out, like a light passed out.
Speaker 4: Would have been like this fuck.
Speaker 3: This fucking chicken. They were recently dating, and I was really trying to impress everyone. I like ended the night with like in an hour in the bed. There's like the fucking film photer. It's the funniest photo ever.
Speaker 4: I thing to see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I walk out like two hours later to go vomit in the fucking toilet, and they're all just shirtless, drunk, just lying on the ground like it was a whack at night.
Speaker 4: On my life moment, it was really blonding.
Speaker 2: So the funny thing I wanted to mention I saw this story on TikTok and apparently there was a bride and groom on their wedding day, but I don't think they'd yet gone down the aisle, like they weren't yet married at this point, and the bride needed to go to the bathroom before the ceremony or something, so she went into like the hotel room, went into the bathroom and her fiance, fully grown male is there nursing his mom, sucking on her boom.
Speaker 3: That's a lie, No, that's a fucking lie.
Speaker 2: And everyone's like, how does she still produce milk? Well, the thing is maybe she isn't. It's just a comfort thing. But like and apparently the mom goes, don't make it weird.
Speaker 3: Brother, how do yeah that would get I don't don't care how much I fucking love you. You're suckling on your mom's.
Speaker 2: Like that is then almost sexual a little bit. It isn't, but it would be to a viewer, do you know what I mean? Maybe that's not how the mum and the son of viewing that, obviously, but if I were to see that, I'd be like, this is weird.
Speaker 3: Like why haven't you ever asked to like maybe do it for me as comfort?
Speaker 4: Like I've got boobs too.
Speaker 2: Do you think the mum's still producing milk? Like they ever stopped sucking?
Speaker 4: You would stop after a little bit.
Speaker 3: You'd have to research about that, you would have to dry up.
Speaker 2: Court breastfeeding with mum by bride on his bride did your husband on their wedding day? Yeah, so she did leave, which I think is understandable to say the least.
Speaker 4: It's so weird.
Speaker 2: Brou It says, this is coming from a podcast, how the mother could possibly still producing milk and the reason must be just that she's never stopped. She's obviously just been doing it continuously. So the mum is still producing milk.
Speaker 4: And it is that is really weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some fucks mart Me's boy bullshit. And I would leave the wedding.
Speaker 3: Too, Yeah, I would. That would wholeheartedly give me dick. And if you ever try to think that. You imagine him just pretending.
Speaker 2: But what kisses me up as the mom going WHOA, like, don't make it weird like this is weird.
Speaker 4: This is really weird.
Speaker 2: This is the weirdest thing I probably will ever see in my entire fucking life. You're telling me not to make up weird like you're over this. He's sucking up tits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's really weird.
Speaker 2: Anyway, guys, that just ends on a nice little note. I'll ave to think about and ponder.
Speaker 3: So do you think you have issues with your in laws? Just remember that someone's fiancee was sucking his mum's tits on his wedding name. Yeah, there's like nothing to worry about. You're not alone because there's things out in this world like a boob sucker, mammy's milk.
Speaker 4: I like to go do. It's called months. What's your pregame mummy's milk? And that's disgusting. What helps you eat before you walk down the aisle? Mummy's that's fucking disgusting. All Right, We love you guys. Chat to you on Thursday by