Speaker 1: Late Welcome to the Late base.
Speaker 2: Good even great to have your company.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. Jockey suspended after a rank Outsider wins by.
Speaker 2: Twenty two lengths. How do you explain that?
Speaker 3: But more importantly, how do you explain that our good friend Caleb Bond didn't give us a heads up about this twenty eight to.
Speaker 2: One r.
Speaker 4: I didn't have any money on it either, so we can all feel sorry for it.
Speaker 5: We believe you.
Speaker 3: Caleb will fill us in on that one a little later when we get to the papers. Plans to have indigenous people co design Brisbane Olympic facilities and the Albenezy government using the Future Fund to invest in green energy projects. Well, of course all of that when we look at the papers. But first, just when you thought local government in this country could not possibly get any worse, along came the Adelaide City Council. They're proposing to have a blanket speed limit of thirty kilometers an hour throughout the CBD have listened to Lord Mayor Jane Lomax Smith tell ABC Radio that improving safety came down to two options. Either a thirty k speed limit, or getting motorists to wear helmets.
Speaker 6: I mean, we will be much safer if we were padded around our seats and all will crash helmets inside a car, But it's not going to take off because that's going too far. The speed limits are important because ninety percent you're going to die if you're hit by a car at fifty kilometers an hour, and it's down to ten percent if you're only going thirty.
Speaker 3: So, following this logic, if the car is doing thirty ks an hour and hits a pedestrian, there's only a ten percent likelihood of that person dying. Why not just make it a fifteen k speed limit and reduce the likelihood of death to five percent or better yet, have motorists disassemble their cars when they reach the city and carry them on their backs. Or they could introduce the UK's red flag policy for eighteen sixty five, where motorists were required to have a pedestrian walk in front of them, waving a red flag to warn bystanders that a vehicle was approaching. Or they could just tell pedestrians to get off their phones when they're crossing the road. This is a council that has eat scooters shooting down pathways without regard for pedestrian safety. But they're trying to stop drivers from driving at a reasonable speed.
Speaker 2: Caleb.
Speaker 3: This may save the life of a pedestrian, but it will totally killed trade within the CBD, won't it.
Speaker 4: They've already tried this well, actually not quite as bad. They didn't try thirty.
Speaker 1: Kilometers an hour.
Speaker 4: But under these turchip of Stephen Yarwood when he was the Lord Mayor some teen odd years ago, he was driving around in an electric vehicle back then as well, it should be noted, must be one of the first blokes who ever did so. But quite proudly he always had it parked out at the front of the town hall.
Speaker 1: But they reduced the speed limit to.
Speaker 4: Forty kilometers an hour, and I think that lasted about a year and then everyone got the urates with it and away it went. Because you know, you want people to come to the CBD, right, you want them to come into the city and shop.
Speaker 1: What a great way.
Speaker 4: To turn people away, say oh, you've got to go thirty kilometers an hour through the whole thing. Now, this is a proposal that's come back to the staff. I mean It's stipped more and more ridiculous the more you look at it. So the last council, this council was elected in twenty twenty two, I think so the last council commissioned this work to be done. So it has taken years for the staff to come back and say to the councilors, here's some proposals about what we could do with the speed limit. You know what they've spent on doing all of that, one hundred and thirty thousand dollars. The Council's been one hundred and thirty thousand dollars to come back and say that they should reduce the speed limit to thirty k. It is simply anti car. They don't want people to drive cars. But the problem is particularly in a city like Adelaide. Like even in Sydney, you can get away with public transport and whatever. Adelaide just doesn't have the same public transport network.
Speaker 1: Let's help people get around in cars.
Speaker 4: Can you believe you can even park your car in the CBD in Adelaide for a reasonable price, that's how the city operates. You put it down to thirty k an hour. No one will go there. I'm telling you no one will go there.
Speaker 7: Look, honestly, I just think this is pure rage bait. They've had a workshop, that's all. So actually to say that the council is proposing fake news as city councilor myself, No, Actually the work was outsourced to a firm called Standtech, which is an engineering firm, so even the council themselves hadn't done the works.
Speaker 2: Most of the councilors are in favor of.
Speaker 5: This super come back with three three options.
Speaker 7: Because we're reviewing the CBD speed limits, this is one of the three options. Whether it will get up or not, I don't think it is very likely at all.
Speaker 2: Solids.
Speaker 7: One of us used to be a city councilor and it happens to be me.
Speaker 5: These workshops.
Speaker 1: Do you attend them the time?
Speaker 5: Yes, but this is the inner workings. You attend them all the time.
Speaker 7: Proposals come across your desk constantly, and yes, it's your job to be across them and vet the stupid ones, which I'm sure unless these guys have rocks in their heads, they will do. I wouldn't get too excited about it. Adeladians do not listen to these.
Speaker 5: Guys who are clearly just trying to freak you out.
Speaker 7: This is rage bait and nothing more until there's actually a proposal before counsel.
Speaker 5: It's going to a council.
Speaker 7: Meeting, which all of these counselors would know the outcry from the public if it actually went that.
Speaker 3: I can I just say it's not rage baite because the Lord mayor herself you heard her, went on radio and said this is a serious proposal. They spent an hour and a half last night looking at it, and the majority of counselors, according to the Adelaide Advertiser, like the idea, there wasn't.
Speaker 7: The majority of counselors at all. Also, they wouldn't reveal that there was one quoted in the article you said he was completely against it. Nowhere in the article does it say the majority of counselors are.
Speaker 5: On board at all.
Speaker 2: I think you did.
Speaker 7: Very rarely, the councilors very rarely flag how they're going to vote on anything, especially when it's not actually going to counsel.
Speaker 4: Just you wait, will it will just you wait, just you wait. Something tells me something bad is going to happen. Bad things that are happening with Once upon a time, Jaguar was basically the picture of a beautiful English car, right, I mean you think of the mark too. I think that was Inspector Morse's vehicle, the x J six. I mean they were beautiful pieces of metal. You could look at them and go, yes, that is something I would want to drive around him. Well, Jaguar, these days you've got some lovely example. I mean, look at that. That is when cars were great. Make cars great again. There's something for Donald Trump to take up. But the once great brand that was Jaguar has now decided they're getting out of the petrol market altogether. They've ceased selling new vehicles. They're going to come back in twenty twenty six with all electric vehicles. They thought, right, we need a new campaign and we need a new logo to announce ourselves to the world as the brand new Jaguar.
Speaker 1: Watch this ad and tell.
Speaker 8: Me is there anything missing?
Speaker 1: Did you see a car? There?
Speaker 2: No car, nor did I.
Speaker 4: Jaguar is advertising themselves as some sort of I don't know.
Speaker 1: Woke, trendy old look at us.
Speaker 4: We've got some weird outfits in our ads.
Speaker 1: Not literally, not one car to be seen now.
Speaker 4: Of course, The response was swift online, with people making exactly that point. Where is the car? Why do you think that this is the appropriate way.
Speaker 1: To sell a car?
Speaker 4: It smacks so much of when bud Light, of course signed up per Dylan Mulvaaney the transgender TikToker, to promote their beer, and then of course sales plummeted directly after that because people said, oh, hang on a minute, men generally drink beer, and here we are trying to market beer to men with a transgender woman who is actually a man but not actually a woman. I mean, what on earth do they think they are playing it? Go woke, go broke, And I suspect that is exactly what will happen with Jacob.
Speaker 7: I wish I was sat at the marketing meetings. When I see an ad like this, I'm just like, Okay, how did this happen? You're sitting there and no doubt the mahogany walled officers of Jaguar, and you say, he's bear with me.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 7: We're going to have a pile of androgynous looking people. You won't be able to tell whether they are male or female, wearing dresses that certainly no woman would wear dead, and they're just going to kind of walk out.
Speaker 5: Of a lift, stand around for a bit.
Speaker 7: At the very end they'll be sitting down, then get up and walk off.
Speaker 5: What do you reckon?
Speaker 7: And we're going to have just completely ambiguous meaning things flashing up on the screenlight, live, vivid, delete, ordinary, break, mould, copy, nothing except Jaguar. You look like you've copied every single woke company who has tried this and failed for years. Remember last year, Seafolly was like, oh, we're going to have a trans ambassador.
Speaker 5: Now, this is a.
Speaker 7: Marketing ploy for women's bikinis, and they decided to have a trans ambassador that had a full beard and very obvious. Genitalia failed miserably. Remember in twenty nineteen where Jillette We're like, we're going to create a heartwarming scene of a man teaching his trans son how to shave, although by virtue of being a girl there was nothing to actually shave. I mean, this has never gone well. You use the example of bud Light. Absolutely, that's a very famous recent one. Now the same goes for all the woke movies. The Rainbow Mafia get into these institutions, somehow market these ideas, but it never ever has once gone well for any company Why why would Jag you go for this? I wonder if, although this would be a very late apology, if this has anything to do with the trans employee who who successfully sued them back in twenty because they felt that they hadn't been supported enough transitioning.
Speaker 5: At work, their work being Jaguar.
Speaker 7: It's just a hunch, but I'm like, this would be a very late mea culper if it's got anything to do with that.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to come up with a reason, pretty.
Speaker 4: Good way to just like trash the entire brand that is Jaguar. Like that is the most bizarre thing about this to me is that Jaguar, like I was saying before, used to be a picture of class.
Speaker 1: It was a status symbol.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm driving around in a Jag right, and now it's just going to be like every other work corporate Oh look, I'm driving around in my vehicle in a weird dress and a funny haircut.
Speaker 1: Like, what does that tell the world.
Speaker 4: I'm driving around in an electric Jaguar belonging to a company that once upon a time was a Titan, a British manufacturer.
Speaker 3: I just love their slogan copy nothing Well, they're going to sell nothing. It's like they typed into an AI bot, you know, create a thirty second commercial that will absolutely destroy our and the.
Speaker 2: AI bot made good.
Speaker 3: Someone wrote in the comments to one of the articles on this, this makes me want to sell my Jaguar, and I don't even have a Jaguar, which I think many of us can identify. Within the sixties and the seventies, Jaguar advertise themselves as grace, space and pace.
Speaker 2: That's good, but this going bold copying nothing.
Speaker 3: They're going electric nine years before the EU have mandated it.
Speaker 2: They are copying everything.
Speaker 3: The people I feel sorry for, however, are not so much the Jaguar drivers who will frankly be embarrassed driving their Jaguar after seeing that ad. But it's the thousands of employees who work for Jaguar who rely upon Jaguar for their income to be able to put food on the table, whose jobs will be imperiled based on this commercial. If it goes anything like bud Light, sales will go through the floor and will all laugh at Jaguar. But there's good people who work for the company whose jobs are jeopardized because they go woke and put stupid ads like this.
Speaker 7: Well, it sounds like the already jeopardized. With Jagua going one hundred percent electrics so quickly, the demand for electric cars has not been very high.
Speaker 5: Do you guys pay any attention to the markets to.
Speaker 7: Capitol Hill now, where the war over biological men in women's bathrooms and locker rooms and other private spaces has just kicked off a new Can you believe it? We actually do have a brand new Democratic rep in the House after.
Speaker 5: The red wave that we just saw.
Speaker 7: However, this time, Sarah McBride, her name is, She's a Democrat from Delaware, has just been elected. And this is the first transgender congress person ever in the history.
Speaker 5: Of the Capital. And so Nancy Nancy Mace.
Speaker 1: Rep.
Speaker 5: Nancy Mace.
Speaker 7: I always got to call them MPs, but they're reps over there.
Speaker 1: Rep.
Speaker 7: Nancy Mace has wasted no time whatsoever putting up a motion to ensure that there will be no biological men in the bathrooms on Capitol Hill.
Speaker 5: Here she is explaining her decision. I'm not going to stand for a man.
Speaker 9: You know, if someone with the penis is in the women's locker room, that's not okay. And I'm a victim of abuse myself. I'm a rape survivor. I have PTSD from the abuse I've suffered at the hands of a man. I'm absolutely, one hundred percent going to stand in the way of any man who wants to be in a women's restroom, in our locker rooms, in our changing rooms.
Speaker 5: I love this woman. She is absolutely fearless.
Speaker 7: This has gone completely viral because it's taken this well known locker room fight in the States to the very heart of Capital Hill.
Speaker 5: And she's not standing for anything.
Speaker 7: She's already copped a lot of flak, but the vast majority of support from what I can see on social media, and of course nothing brings out the crazies like declarations as unapologetic as hers. Here's just one of the people online now threatening to take her.
Speaker 10: Life, Congresswoman Nancy Mace. I hope that one day I do find through in that woman's bathroom and I grab you're ready looking hair and drag your face down to the floor while I repeatedly bash it and until the blood's everywhere.
Speaker 7: He's in fifty million not to have biological men in women's change rooms. Of course, I'm not suggesting that that's every trans woman, but that was one of many videos that we could have showed you tonight, directly meant for the congress woman and to make.
Speaker 5: Her back down.
Speaker 7: It was utterly disgusting to be watching these today. I mean, if you want to be in female bathrooms so bad you're willing to kill for it. Wow, okay, way to tell us you do not belong in female bathrooms at all. And Nancy wasn't backing down when she was accosted. This is one of many reporters who tried it on with her today and once again she wasn't giving an inch.
Speaker 9: Should legislation be created targeted at one specific person, it doesn't mention anyone in the legislation, but you've said it, it was aimed at her. Now I have said it's a result of this, I'm not going to allow biological men into women's private spaces. I will stand in the brain and stand in the way of anyone on the radical laugh who thinks that it's okay for a penis to be in a women's locker room.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 7: Zero apology, zero acquiescence. Every capitulation to the left emboldens it.
Speaker 5: She will not back down.
Speaker 7: Strength to your arm, Nancy, I don't care what gender people identify as. What repulses me every single time when this debate comes up, whether it's biological men in female sports or something like this where we're talking about women's private spaces.
Speaker 5: What I find utterly revolting.
Speaker 7: Is that anyone can be so entitled, so disconcerned with the discomfort you are causing so many others, being the vast majority of women, and especially a rape survivor like Nancy, someone who knows that and just goes, I don't care. This is my right, and I will be in your spaces. I don't care that it makes you uncomfortable. This is about me and my rights and making me feel uncomfortable that just fills me with revulsion.
Speaker 5: Nothing to do with someone's gender.
Speaker 7: Anyone who treats other people with such utter contempt just absolutely repulfully.
Speaker 3: And the way languages manipulated and emotions are manipulated in this debate is quite fascinating. Serah McBride, who is the transgendered Democrats, said that in going to Capitol Hill. Sera McBride, so, I hope you black kind. Well, it's not kind to ignore biology. It's not kind to ignore the traumatic experiences. Of women who have been raped and disregard their fears and anxieties. It's not kind to ignore women's safety. But all of these terms get manipulated and twisted in this attempt to appeal to people's better angels in order to get them to do what you want them to do out of your selfish ambition. Sarah McBride, before she went to the Capitol Hill, she was a human rights activists, which also always amuses me that human rights activists seem to know nothing about human rights at all, just wanting to bully their way through things. Mike Johnson, who's the speaker at the Capitol he was asked, so is Sarah McBride actually a man or a woman?
Speaker 2: This was his response, Din's freshman elect Sarah mcbridel.
Speaker 6: Or a woman.
Speaker 11: Look, I'm not going to get into this. We welcome all new members with open arms who are duly electric representatives of the people. I believe it's a command we treat all persons with dignity and respect that we will and I'm not going to engage in silly debates about this.
Speaker 3: So he's asked a pretty straightforward question, is this person a male or a female? And he responds with I'm kind. No one's questioning whether you're kind or unkind. They're just asking is a male or a female. Now, obviously he got a call, probably from Donald Trump that afternoon, because a few hours later he clarified what he believes.
Speaker 11: I was asked a question this morning at the leadership gaggle, and I rejected the premise because the answer is so obvious for anybody who doesn't know my well established record on this issue. Let me be unequivocally clear. A man is a man, and a woman is a woman, and a man cannot become a woman. That said, I also believe that's what scriptful teachers, what I just said, but I also believe that we treat everybody with dignity, and so we can do and believe all those things.
Speaker 3: At the same time, noticing he did it again, A man is a man, a woman as a woman. A man can't become a woman. That said, I'm kind. People need to stop doing this thing where you know what, but I'm still a nice person, even though I subscribe to biology. Forget doing that, because the more you insist but I'm a kind person, the more you play into this narrative. Just state the facts and take it for granted. In stating the facts, I'm not being unkind or disrespectful.
Speaker 2: I don't need to prove.
Speaker 4: That Mike Johnson looks so uncomfortable in that clip there, right, like, because he's walking this final and we're going to get in trouble if I say this.
Speaker 1: It's you don't get in trouble apart.
Speaker 4: From lunatics for stating obvious facts, right. And the point here is that you are allowed to make people feel mentally uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: If you're walking down the streets in a public space and someone sees a transgender person, they go, oh.
Speaker 1: I don't like that. That's a public space, that's fine.
Speaker 4: What we're talking about is a bathroom, a locker room, a change room, a place where your physical safety can be under threat. It is entirely reasonable for biological women to say I don't want someone with a penis walking into my bathroom. Now, the argument from the other side is, oh, but you know, I feel more comfortable as a transgender woman going into that bathroom. It makes me feel uncomfortable in these situations, it's not about what makes you comfortable, it's about the safety of others.
Speaker 1: And as a bloke.
Speaker 4: If someone walks into a bathroom who looks like a woman and has a penis, as a man into the men's.
Speaker 1: Bathroom, I couldn't give a hoot, right because it's different for men. Men and women are different.
Speaker 4: I couldn't care who comes into the bathroom with me because I'm a man and I have a different level of physical safety and comfortableness about the people I'm around than a woman obviously would. And to not take notice of that yourself and say, well, I should have access to a woman's bathroom even though I have a penis, as you said before, is the height of selfishness and entitlement.
Speaker 7: It's utterly revolting. And to see Mike Johnson, who is he kept quoting the Bible and did so in both those clips.
Speaker 5: I don't think Trump called him.
Speaker 7: His base is the Bible belt basically of America. They would have been absolutely disgusted by that apologetic, limpriested response. He had to face the press again to be like, oh okay, so just to be clear, and then basically did the same thing.
Speaker 5: We need to bottle.
Speaker 7: Matt Gates, who hopefully will be Attorney General as he is Trump's pick.
Speaker 5: You may remember the clip of him that we showed.
Speaker 7: You some nights ago where a reporter said, you said this and people are offended.
Speaker 5: Do you have a problem with that? Response was be offended. I don't care.
Speaker 7: I back myself. I meant what I said. I'm sticking with it. I'm not going to capitulate to you. So even when we have Mike Johnson coming out saying, well, I'm saying the right thing, but I'm doing so in such a way that I'm still trying to, you know, tickle the fancies of both sides, it's just pathetic. That doesn't work with the left. And notice they never try that with us. They're never trying to play fair with us. They're never trying to keep everyone happy. No, it's their way or the high way.
Speaker 3: The thing that made me laugh about Mike Johnson is he said, you know, men and men, women are women.
Speaker 2: That's what the Bible teaches.
Speaker 3: Why are you quoting the Bible as evidence for biology?
Speaker 2: The Bible is irrelevant on the point of biology knows this base.
Speaker 3: He knows they in the USA, a week before the election, there was a poll in The Independent that found ninety five percent of Democrats feared that Trump would not accept the result if he lost the election. Well, Trump won the election. Democrats who won't accept the result.
Speaker 12: This is for President Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and all the Democrats that are in office. Do something.
Speaker 5: Stop this. You tell us for months what a.
Speaker 12: Danger this man is, and now he is proving it to everybody, and you guys are nowhere to be found and nothing is being done.
Speaker 5: We stood by.
Speaker 12: You, we did everything you asked us to do, and then you just conceded and disappeared. And now we are all facing the hell that is coming.
Speaker 3: So the Democrats want their representatives to do something. Well, in Pennsylvania, the Democrats are doing something about the election result. The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that mail in ballots which were not properly dated or.
Speaker 2: Signed could not be counted.
Speaker 3: But the Pennsylvania Electoral Commission, which is dominated by Democrats, took a vote and decided they're going to ignore the Supreme Court ruling and count those invalid votes.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 6: Look, we reject all three categories of these ballots.
Speaker 13: The emotion is to reject or dismiss the challenges in this category in.
Speaker 14: Front of you.
Speaker 15: Correct, yep, not going to second, that mostly because I think we all know that precedent by a court doesn't matter anymore in this country, and people violate laws anytime they want. So for me, if I violate this law, it's because I want a court to pay attention to it.
Speaker 3: But held on a second, didn't We spend weeks, months, a few years hearing how Donald Trump didn't care about the law at all, that he didn't care about fairness or playing by the rules. And now the Democrats are straight out saying, well, that's just what the court said, but we don't care what the court says.
Speaker 2: We'll make our own rules.
Speaker 3: They said that to discard ballots because of a clerical error was to deny people their constitutional rights. And maybe you could argue about a clerical error and whether that should be counted or not, but the bottom line is, if the court says it shouldn't be care mounted, well.
Speaker 2: You either have laws or you don't have laws.
Speaker 3: And you can't accuse Trump of being a law breaker and then boast when it doesn't go your way that you're going to ignore the law.
Speaker 4: You're not telling me that the Dems are a threat to democracy.
Speaker 1: Are you? Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe it, Like, seriously, these people don't even know the irony of what they're doing here to said oh, well, you know, people just break the law all the time, so we don't Why don't we just break the law. Well, you can't in one breath say that we must uphold the law and then in the other say, well, because other people are breaking the law, that now means I want to do it. They carried on about, oh, you know, last time Donald Trump said those stole real lurkum that it was potently not true. Well, that's exactly what they're trying to do now, and they were doing it three months before the election even kicked off. As we talked about many times, the states, multiple states tried to remove from their electoral roles or asked for just basic details about who we're on their electoral roles so they could remove illegal immigrants and whatever so that they couldn't vote in the election, and the Department of Justice, the DOJ came along and took the states to court and said, no, you can't do that because you missed the cutoff day by two days or some nonsense. They tried absolutely everything on to make sure their people could get over the line, and they are still doing it long.
Speaker 7: And this really matters because that commission that you just told shift us defying the Supreme Court in Pennsylvania. This really matters because Pennsylvania, in their specific county is having a recount because in that part of the world, if you win by less than zero point five percent of total votes counted, there has to be recount, and that costs the county a million dollars to do. But because it's so close, they want to be careful. So the Supreme Court, having seen their defiance, has now handed down another written order saying you cannot count these and have actually demanded Pennsylvania stop counting all together.
Speaker 5: So whether they'll stick with that or not, who knows.
Speaker 7: But check out what's happening in California, as there's this seat that seems to be suddenly changing from red to blue. Despite the fact that the incumbent Republican was looking well.
Speaker 5: In the lead, they are still counting. So the first question here is, what the heck.
Speaker 7: Are you still doing counting ballots in California? Who are you getting to count these for you? How is this possible in the twenty first century? What is taking so long? But it hasn't escaped. The Hawkeyes of certain Republicans in the area are going, hang on a minute, look at the ridiculous trajectory of the guy running for the Blue team. So did you just stop counting Republicans votes because our guy was in the lead, our lady rather in this instance, and then all of a sudden, you've got thousands more to.
Speaker 5: Vote and they're only going to the Blue team. What are the odds? What are the odds? And now the Democrats.
Speaker 7: Look set to win the forty fifth congressional seat of California off the back of this absolute sham.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty obvious what they do. They just keep counting until they're candidate wins, and then they stop counting. And as he said, it's amazing how the more they count, the more the votes seem to go in only one.
Speaker 1: You know, we're James. We've got to stop the steal. We had to stop the steal right now.
Speaker 2: I'm awesome.
Speaker 7: I know it sounds insiety, This sounds pretty insighting.
Speaker 1: Terrible, terrible, terrible.
Speaker 4: One bloke who's worried he might have his job stolen from him, of course, is Kevin rad former Prime Minister now our ambassador over in the US, and we know what he posted online about Donald Trump that he then quickly deleted when Trump became president elect. We've seen a new video just about every day come out of his former comments about Donald Trump. Well, today he's put out a statement saying, don't worry, We're ready to deal with Trump.
Speaker 13: Here at the Embassy, we've been working hard through the course of the last year to ensure that we were well prepared for this moment, and the bottom line is we're ready. The team here at the Embassy and the Government of Australia are ready to work closely with the new Trump administration to continue to realize the benefits of what is a very strong economic and security partnership.
Speaker 1: They've been preparing for a year to deal with a new president. How much work do you possibly need to do?
Speaker 7: They have delete a lot of tweets Kayler's calling him the worst threat to democracy, dragging the US through the mud, all the sledgers that he has leveled at Donald Trump, thinking he was safe as houses the Democrats were going to get in. Trump was none of his concerned baby. Well, now he's been forced to eat humble pie.
Speaker 5: I still hope they get rid of him.
Speaker 7: I genuinely do, and I said it earlier this evening on Chris Kenny.
Speaker 5: Dutton should add getting.
Speaker 7: Rid of Rudd out of the policy to his election promises. I think it would go very well with the vast majority of Australians. The Stautz was like, you vote in a coalition government, I will get us a better ambassador in our closest allies a country.
Speaker 3: It's a hilarious to hear Kevin Rudd saying I am ready to work with Donald Trump. That's not the issue. The issue is Donald Trump ready to work with Kevin Rudd. Kevin Rudd went on to say Australia's relationship with the USA has never been more important exactly, that's why someone else should be advocating for it. And if it was that important, then Kevin Rudd should never have made those comments calling Trump a village idiot and the most destructive president in history. Let's go to the UK quickly, with thousands of farmers have protested over an inheritance tax. That's tax that's going to be introduced on farms worth a million pounds or more. Now this will be a twenty percent inheritance tax.
Speaker 2: That will be charged.
Speaker 3: Farmers are calling it a bankrupt tax because of course farms are well asset rich, but you don't make a lot of money in farming. In fact, they reckon they make less than one percent of the value of the property per year in the actual farming. So if you're paying twenty percent of the value of the property over ten years but you're only making one percent, you are going backwards at a fast rate of nots. Jeremy Clarkson, who's well known around the world, he attended the protest and he spoke to protests.
Speaker 2: I want to show you him.
Speaker 3: Speaking at the rally about how bad this is and saying the government must change their mind.
Speaker 2: I want to show the grab where he's yes, this is the one, let's go.
Speaker 4: I beg of the government.
Speaker 3: To be big, to accept that this was rushed through, it wasn't throught out, and it's a mistake.
Speaker 1: That's the big thing to do. Admit it and back down.
Speaker 3: He's exactly right, colored this hasn't been thought through because if they force farmers off the land, these are farmers whose families have been farming for generations.
Speaker 2: They won't be replaced because do you.
Speaker 3: Know anybody who when you ask them when they're a little kid, they're living in a city, what do you want to do.
Speaker 2: When you grow up? I want to go and zaf farm. It's either in your blood or it's not.
Speaker 3: And Andrew Lloyd Webber makes this point, and we might go to him in a moment, that if farmers are removed from their land, they won't be replaced who feeds the.
Speaker 4: Country precisely because it's been exempt. Farms have been exempt because exactly as you say, farmers are asset rich in that they own the land, but they're cash poor.
Speaker 1: They don't have cash on hand. So if you're going to charge the kids twenty percent of.
Speaker 4: The value of the farm for the farm to go into their hands and they don't have the money, well then they have to sell the farm, right Andrew Lloyd Webber is as James just mentioned. Of course, Douan of Musical Theater went down to the protest and pointed out exactly that.
Speaker 16: What is the fear, Andrew, What would your fear be should this tax impact these farms in the longer term.
Speaker 14: In the longer term, what will happen is they'll all be bought by probably foreigners, outsiders, people who don't buy it are not buying it for the love of the countryside. They're buying it purely as a long term investment. Many many, many people hovering around at the moment, rubbing their hands in glee about all of this, you know, and they I can shure you they're not British.
Speaker 4: And if I go back to Jeremy Classon for a second, he was being questioned by a BBC reporter who seemed to be running government lines essentially, and it went as well as you would expect with class So it's not about you.
Speaker 7: It's not about your farm and the fact that you bought a farm to a boid inheritance.
Speaker 2: Tax classic BBC.
Speaker 5: Then classic, Oh yeah, where should they get the money from?
Speaker 8: It's not.
Speaker 1: Where that everyone you say that you should be paying for everything.
Speaker 4: And I think this is really important that Clarkson is there. It's a bit like the Donald Trump thing, right.
Speaker 1: Clarkson has plenty of cash.
Speaker 4: If he wants to give his farm to his kids, they're going to have the money to pay the inheritance tax.
Speaker 1: It's of no.
Speaker 4: Concern to him except that he believes in what he is saying. He is a rich man standing up saying you are getting a raw deal from the government, and it is no coincidence that it is farmers that are getting a raw deal from the government because they don't want people landholders to actually contribute anything to the world, because oh, could be carbon emissions involved.
Speaker 7: I think it's very naive to say that, oh, this just hasn't been thought through.
Speaker 5: They've rushed through the legislation. Are you kidding me? Where have you been? For years? The war on farmers have ravaged Germany, who shut down in airport.
Speaker 7: They brought hundreds of their tractors to protest in Germany. In France, the farmers all charged in and famously were dumping manure into the houses of Parliament because.
Speaker 5: They too were being persecuted.
Speaker 7: In the Netherlands, again there were thousands of tractors holding entire cities besieged because they too were being persecuted. Ireland farmers standing in their fields crying saying, the government is taking my land, it is making my living just unlivable.
Speaker 5: I can't do it anymore.
Speaker 7: They're either making the fertilizer too expensive, etc.
Speaker 5: Etc.
Speaker 7: Each and every one of these countries comes up with some bogus excuse to make life unlivable for their farmers.
Speaker 5: You've got to ask yourself what the heck is going on.
Speaker 7: Surely no one is more important to the flourishing of any country. But if you control the food, you control the people like nothing else. And in my having read some about this legislation, I feel like Kiirs Starmer's gone full stalin. I mean, it is just absolutely unthinkable and sadly in this country we don't treat our Aussie farmers any better. If you know some, you know that I'm telling the gospel truth. It is utterly shameful, and I genuinely think there is something far more nefarious behind it. People snaffling up farmland after making farmers just go, I can't do this anymore. You've literally made it impossible to me. It seems very nefarious.
Speaker 2: Indeed, we're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including suggestions that Indigenous people should co design Brisbane's twenty thirty two Olympic facilities.
Speaker 2: That's coming up in tomorrow. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Let's check out what's making news in tomorrow's papers Lives. You've got the Career Mail and the Brisbane Games are still quite a number of years away, but it's just looking like a mess.
Speaker 7: Center of games plan, the splash reads, the First Nation's Cultural Center, museum and permanent evening overwater drone shows telling dream time stories have been proposed as ways Brisbane twenty thirty two can deliver a legacy for reconciliation. Cameron Costello, the deputy chair of the twenty thirty two Legacy Committee, also challenged organizers to lead the world and have every games venue co designed by First Nations people, to make Brisbane a city where, like Florence and Paris, you're overwhelmed by the integration of culture within their architecture. End quote like Florence in Paris, really, I mean those buildings are hundreds of years old and they're absolutely stunning. But how about we just settle, Cameron Costello for any kind of comprehensive games at all. We're building a new stadium. We're not building a new stadium or just kinda give us faithlift to these stadiums.
Speaker 5: No where not we've changed.
Speaker 7: Do we even have a comprehensive plan in place yet Brisbane? Before we start worrying about the trimmings.
Speaker 3: Serious, is he serious that the Olympic stadium, which as you rightly pointed out, we don't even have one yet, needs to be co designed by an Indigenous person.
Speaker 2: That's absolute madness.
Speaker 3: And as for this idea of leaving a legacy for reconciliation, I just reckon some gold medals would be good. And an Olympic Games that doesn't embarrass us or you know, slam Christians at the opening ceremony, that would be pretty good. Why do we need a legacy for reconciliation?
Speaker 2: It's a sporting event.
Speaker 4: But what the hell's the Olympics going to do for reconciliation anyway? I don't think of the billions and billions of dollars that will be spent on a sporting event that could have been spent on, I don't know, improving the lives of people in indigenous communities.
Speaker 2: Like seriously, Oh.
Speaker 4: We're going to fix the whole thing up through the Olympic Games and so oh, we'll send in some Indigenous people to help design the Okay, so that will help out a small number of Indigenous people who will get some money by there.
Speaker 5: What does it do for.
Speaker 4: Anyone else who's going to walk in to to q sack or wherever it is and go, oh, yes, I can tell by looking at this place that it must have been co designed by an indigenous person.
Speaker 3: What it doesn't make sense the velodrome has to be co designed by an indigenous.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, that's the safe.
Speaker 4: Genuinely, just give us an Olympic Games like they can't take their mind up about anything. Actually, there will be seventeen more reports to come down before they can decide who they can appoint to be the indigenous co designer. Let's go to the front of the Australian tomorrow, it says Charmers. Future Funnel Jim Charmers is overhauling the investment mandate of the two hundred and thirty billion dollar Future Fund to drive capital into Labour's agenda on affordable housing, green energy projects and critical infrastructure, in a major shift in the role of the Sovereign Wealth Fund established by the Howard government.
Speaker 1: Nearly to decay AIDS AGO.
Speaker 4: Now, the point of the Future Fund, as I understand it, is to deliver the best return for taxpayers as possible.
Speaker 1: But now the federal governments are all shivers. What can we do here? Because we love this.
Speaker 4: Surplus that we've had for the last couple of years, and we desperately want to hang on to the surplus to say that we did it and the Libs didn't. So what can we do to fudge the numbers to actually spend government money without spending government money?
Speaker 1: I know, we'll take it out of an investment fund.
Speaker 4: That is actually about making sure we've got money in the bank.
Speaker 1: And spend it on our pet projects instead. Brilliant idea.
Speaker 3: And for charmers to claim that you can go for maximum return while investing in all your pet fetishers is just a fiction. Judah Sloan makes a great point in her column in The Australian Tomorrow that if these projects were such good investments, the government would have invested in them already. I know the fact that they haven't proved the point. They're not the maximum returns. They're trying to do both, and of course walking both sides of the street never works.
Speaker 1: Good luck to them, Good luck to them. Another story on the Ostermoo. This one's quite funny.
Speaker 4: Alp Link Law firm sued over pay row. One of Australia's most prominent workplace compensation law firms, has been accused of deliberately miscalculating staff leav entitlements, failing to immediately reconcile the under payments, and sacking the human resources boss who blew the whistle on the alleged scandal. Slater and Gordon is the firm that we are shame. I mean, you know, karma eventually comes to bite you on the bum and they are allegations.
Speaker 1: We should say at this point.
Speaker 4: But seriously, how would you like to be the leading workplace law firm in the country. And then someone goes, hang on a minute, the HR boss.
Speaker 1: No, Liz, hang on a minute. I think you've been under paying the staff. You're well done, it says.
Speaker 7: The firm first announced in July that it had underpaid about three hundred thousand dollars to more than one hundred employees after workers who took leave at half pay from twenty eleven to last year had they leave a cruel calculated on a pro rata basis.
Speaker 5: Rather than a full time basis.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's worth a read the whole article. It is an absolute nightmare. I do hope these guys get their money.
Speaker 5: They are just allegations.
Speaker 7: At the moment, we must say, but the whole thing is quite an entertaining read.
Speaker 5: And it's funny how so many of my lawyer.
Speaker 7: Friends speak of not being paid properly but similar complaints which they wouldn't talk about obviously publicly. But I've heard that law firms are some of the worst when it comes.
Speaker 5: To just pink.
Speaker 2: Do tell you what, They never missed their clients, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Llawyers money ask go.
Speaker 3: To the front page of the Newcastle Herald. Of course, there's massive pro tests planned by environmental groups over the weekend, ramping up. Police laid down law to protestable because they're combining a protest with a rock concert. Peter Garrett is one of the people playing. Police say public safety is their top concern as they roll out a high visibility response to rising tides Protestable in Newcastle over the next few days. Now the protest is expected to attract thousands of people. They're combining a sort of festival atmosphere in the park. As I said, Peter Garrett from Midnight Oil will be playing, and then protesters are also going to take to the water. In previous years they've blocked shipping channels. Well, a court has ruled that there'll be a restricted area where they'll be police patrolling. Anyone in that area on the water will be fined, but police will have a.
Speaker 2: High presence there. And this just goes on and on.
Speaker 3: Cal We're getting used to these things in Newcastle unfortunately.
Speaker 4: I mean, the only reason they're going to do it is to create disruption and to be a pain in the ass. Right Knowing that they can't go and will allegedly can't go and disrupt the ships, we'll just hang around on the perimeters, which means all the police resources have to be spent stopping them going from beyond those perimeters. If they weren't already in the water, I'd say get the water cannons out. This should just be stopped all together. It's even if they're not going to go in and stop the ships coming in. The point they are making is to use public resources for their own ends.
Speaker 1: Just stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we're going to go to a break. When we come back, Caleb is going to explain to us why he didn't give us the tip a rank outside a winds by a mile and jockeys are suspended. Because the whole thing is a little bit suss.
Speaker 2: It's coming up at a moment. All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, Liz, you've got a story about something you would never expect to see in a candy store.
Speaker 7: Your wooden shoplifting is pretty common in the States. I mean, thirty eight of the states don't consider shoplifting a felony. Whatever your shoplift is under a thousand dollars worth of merchandise. So this particular shoplifter had nothing to worry about when he wandered into a lolly store in Tennessee and just stood there, not even trying to hide what he was up to, in front of everyone taking the merch.
Speaker 5: How could you begrudge him any tree.
Speaker 2: He's so cute.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 5: Nobody's screaming or running around.
Speaker 7: They're all just chatting in the background like nothing's happening. Here.
Speaker 2: Was quite safe because he was pretty occupied and looked pretty happy about it.
Speaker 4: As you pointed out James earlier, you were saying was eating gummy bees because I'm happy that you would be cannibalism. Now, imagine you're having a bit on the first race at Lingfield in the UK, which is in Surrey. He'd say two mile race for a princeice jockeys only, and you happen to be on the twenty eight to one outside favorite in a five horse race, and this happens.
Speaker 16: Two purlongs to go. Terms in Grand Duchess. Olga is still at the moment holding second position with on the outside gold Aura and countering in front. Is certain Style handed a huge advantage by the others and is never going to be caught or even challenged. So Certain Style didn't quite make call, took it up after about one hundred of yards, never saw anything else in the race. Is a huge battle of a second place, but this is only for second place, and gold Ura might have got second to you.
Speaker 4: Certain Style there at twenty eight to one, winning by twenty two lengths. At six furlongs he had six lengths sorry undred and six lengths, forty lengths. I should say the princes, the apprentice jockeys were all called in and given a ten day suspension because they said, oh, we bagged it up. We didn't really know what we were doing because we were apprentices. But I mean, honestly, I'd be checking a few bidding accounts if I were the stewards.
Speaker 1: Because that's one hell of a win for it doing.
Speaker 2: Don't you just point and go well.
Speaker 4: Apparently one of the jockey's actually loaded his horse into the wrong stall began the race, So it may have been amateur hour, but that would have been if I'd known that that was going to happen. I wish I'd been on it, Like seriously, surely if you're going to set up.
Speaker 5: A steal, you do it in such a way that would have the meeting.
Speaker 3: Yes, well, next time, Caleb, we expect the hot tip before the race. We could have done very well from that. That's it from us, thanks to your company. Tonight stick around. Coming up is the readA Penhingra