Speaker 1: We got get every day.
Speaker 2: Oh jeez, what about the viral photo of the young lady ipswitch Makers who was just drying the mop underneath the heat, just above the French fries. So disgusting, ab outrageous. There's done the rounds, a lot of social media commentary as you would expect. Yeah, can I be honest with this thing? And if you haven't seen it, I mean google it right now. It's front and center. It's very obvious, obvious what's happening. So this girl has got this mop and it's clearly dirty. It's almost this brownish mop sitting just perfectly on top of the French fries, and while she's just trying to give it just a little bit of light to make sure that drys nice and quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeuck.
Speaker 2: I'm just going to say this, if I was at that macers wouldn't stop me in any way from eating the fry, would not stop me.
Speaker 4: In the slice, there was fries in containers sitting at the back, like you can literally see them in the photo.
Speaker 1: Like there's open containers of fries right under where she's drying this filthy mop. And she looks like she could be a manager to.
Speaker 2: Ye she looks like she's in a manager or position.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's put a call out there to other people in say fast food and restaurants, maybe in retail. They're the spaces you as employees. Boy, boy, you've seen some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, haven't you seen some things?
Speaker 2: What have you got for us? Thirteen and twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: That Macas thing reminds me of something my husband does at home, and I catch him doing it, and I just absolutely rip him a new one.
Speaker 2: Because here I wept my up in front of the French fries.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they've a good.
Speaker 2: You're a French fried machine. Hetland all Blood's no what.
Speaker 5: He will do.
Speaker 1: I'll catch him if he spills something on the floor, He'll grab the dish clother.
Speaker 4: Off the floor and then I use it to clean my cutlery.
Speaker 1: Disgusting, Gregory, that's a boy thing we do that.
Speaker 2: We just need one tower for everything. Why I use the same towel to clean dirt off the floors I would to dry myself. I reckon, do you mean you you's read abby? You've had some experience in hospitality, yes, oh boy, you would have seen.
Speaker 1: You worked in pubs, dinner.
Speaker 4: I worked let's not get into any of that. But anyway, yeah, so that was. It's one night when we were shutting the pub down. You know, it's three o'clock in the morning, and I get a call over the radio because I was in charge, and Abby, can you come to the toilets in the front bar. And I went, oh, here we go.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: I thought someone's passed out or someone's throwing up. So I walked down there and this woman has got her underwear at her knees and she's sitting on the toilet and pretty much like asleep. Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. You know we're packing up time. I thought she's not throwing up, so that's good. Anyway, she gets off the toilet and she turns around and she rips off the toilet seed and I went, sorry, sorry, sorry, like for that, that's our toilet seat. Can you just leave it there? She was so out of it that she just looked at me. She pulled her nickers up, she grabbed the toilet seat, put it under her arm, and she poked out the front door, and all my security start are there, all going Abby, Abby, Abby, And I went just leave her, just let it go, and The next night she came in again. She lined up out the front, got her idea out, and I'm standing at the front and we're all losing out absolute minds. Yeah, and I thought, I don't know if she remembers what she did last night. Yeah, and I thought, I'm not going to bring it up. So embarrassing. But also I just I lost her. I laugh about that story every time I tell her.
Speaker 1: And did you say, produces ohe you can't be doing.
Speaker 4: That, whereas first time produces Owie and I met. But yeah, it was wild, absolutely wild. Try to take the toilet seat with her.
Speaker 1: Brilliant four ten. Please give us a call. All the retail workers, hostpo workers.
Speaker 4: What have you seen, Jess?
Speaker 2: We're morning to you. What have you saying?
Speaker 7: Good morning? I used to work in fast food and our burger buns would just sit on the floor at the back of our restaurants, and we had a less rat living in there.
Speaker 8: That we just let live there.
Speaker 2: There. There was a relationship. We were all on the same page.
Speaker 7: The family. We don't want to break them up.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be a home wrecker, a rat wrecker.
Speaker 2: You hear a lot of stories about that fast food restaurants.
Speaker 1: But just like you weren't eating them, you weren't serving them to customers.
Speaker 8: I wasn't.
Speaker 2: No what about the buns?
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning?
Speaker 7: Well I had the good old. Can you just slap the floors and make sure everything's clean for tomorrow? So the good old put it in the bucket and then mop the whole floor with the one bucket.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I do love that one.
Speaker 7: Even I work at a nursing home now and I do see it.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're basically just rearranging the dirt to different parts, aren't you.
Speaker 7: It makes me more curious what they do in their own houses.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be honest with you, that's exactly what I would do if I was in charge permanently mopping up from my house.
Speaker 7: Trust you mopping my floors?
Speaker 2: Give me another chance.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ruby Kelly, good morning, good morning, good good. What have you seen?
Speaker 8: Good So.
Speaker 10: One of my very first jobs, I used to work at All you Can Eat Chinese buffet and at the end of a shift, we had to take the trace back to the kitchen and pick out all the meat that hadn't been in so they could use it the next day.
Speaker 2: I've heard of this happening, and it makes up because correct me from rom Kelly, it's so like flavor infused that you can recycle it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe, So what was the cutoff then? Like how many days before you're like, well, do you know what, No one's eating this for a good three or four days, Probably time to ditch it. Or you just keep on going until.
Speaker 10: It goes Oh yeah, no, yeah, it just keeps going, just the circle every shift, no matter if it got eaten or not, it just got washed and put back in the next day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Kelly.
Speaker 2: That's why Kelly never took home takeaway.
Speaker 1: Let's get nick. What have you seen I.
Speaker 12: Got when I first started out in a small countrytown pub, local footy boys after a big weekend game. Then you decided to pull the lights out of the ceilings in the bathrooms and shoven ball down the toilet.
Speaker 2: What a great idea, What a great idea at the time.
Speaker 1: Smacks of Andrew, smacks of something stupid that you would do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it happens, though, sometimes the night gets away from unique. You get caught up in the moment and all of a sudden you've fallen through the front door of the archer yep and then you have to report yourself the next day. Things like that happen, Yeah, they can.
Speaker 1: This is a man that you're talking to who will every time we go out, walk into a room and go, okay, what can I climb on a little bit later?
Speaker 2: Scope it out, particularly country pubs. Yeah, as a hospital worker at a country pub, goodness, some things have been seen, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Austin. What have you seen?
Speaker 13: So? I am a contractor at many supermarkets and you see on courrooms and everything just half eaten food. I've seen bottles and cans up there that are pre my time, so thirty plus years, and I've never seen them before.
Speaker 4: It Wow.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's a whole lot of rubbish up there, and it's just like you say something and it never gets clean because that's out of mind, I guess.
Speaker 1: So in the cool rooms of supermarkets, she's saying, on.
Speaker 13: Top of on top of the cour rooms or crawl spaces anywhere, like, yeah, I've found some cool tins and stuff up there that I've taken home.
Speaker 14: So yeah, thank you for the man cave enjoy your day, guys, Thank you you too.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Luke. Good morning, Luke, good morning. What have you seen in a pub?
Speaker 14: So we had a young girl come in asked for free drinks. Totally we didn't do that. About fifteen minutes later she came back with a heap of money. Later on we checked security cameras. She picked up a glassy tray and was filling up cups with everybody's leftovers and putting them as drink specials.
Speaker 2: That's excellent, goodness, Oh okay, so she was genuinely making money like before she got done.
Speaker 14: Well, the thing was went into the security cameras until after the shift, and she came up and she got quite a few drinks. From later on we just thought she was chatting up a few guys, but no, she did it for a good hour or soorry and from the looks of it, she was getting anywhere from five dollars to a ten dollars each stream.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. Rachelle, good morning, good morning. Okay, what have you seen?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: At work?
Speaker 5: I work in a pub.
Speaker 7: One of the older chefs had brought the sauce on a steak, but it was the wrong sauce, so proceeded to wash it and tuck it back.
Speaker 2: Thrill because as if you're get to do up a new steak.
Speaker 1: What was what was the new sauce that they put on at Rochelle?
Speaker 9: The new sauce was pepper sawce, but they had put mushroom sauce.
Speaker 14: I'm like, what is.
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 5: Fine?
Speaker 10: To the point?
Speaker 2: That is the thing, isn't it? Because I and also with mushroom sauce, for example, I hate mushrooms. I feel like a mushroom. Well that's thing. That's the thing. It's mutually. I don't think they like my ether, but I feel like if a mushroom even looks at a piece of food, I can taste it and smell it. Really hard to wash that off.
Speaker 1: What about if you have mushroom on your pizza?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, no, it's horrible.
Speaker 15: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, thought, Okay, let's go to Joe. Good morning, Joe, Good morning.
Speaker 13: Here, guy's going good.
Speaker 1: Sorry that my mushroom hating friend over here. What have you seen?
Speaker 9: I love mushrooms. So I used to manage hotails for a long time and one of them used to have a nightclub every Friday night, and we just thought the dishwashers were backing up with water. Along the night we noticed there were some floaties happening in the water, so the stuff were washing the glasses all throughout the night. To find out it was actually stewage coming out of the dishwasher and the bar, so it was you know, we were working in rural sewage basically overflowed from the toilet all night long. Yep, lovely things, so all the time.
Speaker 2: You noticed it's far too late.
Speaker 4: It was bad.
Speaker 9: It was bad. We were doing like a bit of singing in the rain, like kicking the water around, and then we realized we were like covering each other with sewage. So yeah, great night.
Speaker 2: It was a smell, like could you notice it?
Speaker 9: Not at first because it was such an open nightclub, you know, and it's sweaty, you get sweaty bodies kind of in there. And it wasn't until kind of it got worse throughout the night. We were like we we realized what it was.
Speaker 1: So did you have people saying this beer taste like crap?
Speaker 9: No, no one's picked up on it, which was surprising because I'm thinking with that, like the stuff washed a lot of like glasses and stuff throughout the night and no one kind of tweaked on it. I think it's when we shut it down. We were just like, oh my god, like they had been reusing and washing glasses. So there had to be a whole big team that came into sterilizer place. And it literally happened again the next time I opened, So there was yeah, and it got shut down a whole lot quicker the second time around.
Speaker 2: So thank you so much. That's ridiculous of my beer taste like crap, well it's a large, it's a quiet taste. No, literally, there's a pooh in my beer that bit taste like boo. Thank you for Glas.
Speaker 1: You're waking up to adelaide as well, if you're just getting up and you're going to the gym, or you're coming home from the gym, or you're getting ready for work and you're like, oh, so much information on my phone. I can't understand it all. We're gonna break it down for the top couple of stories that have happened in the last twelve to twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Starting to news reader Abbey, Please, good morning. So half of all adults are expected to go and buy a ticket for the power Ball tonight one hundred and fifty million dollars. Wow, that's nothing to.
Speaker 1: Be sneezed out? Is it fifty million dollars?
Speaker 4: Just imagine?
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, we have the.
Speaker 2: Same conversation every time. But I think you would turn up to work. You've been such a good mood. You'd be such a productive work, wouldn't You.
Speaker 1: Don't get everyone?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 1: None of this team would be happy for either one of us if we want one.
Speaker 2: Hundred and fifty four would be happy for you guys. You'd be happy for me if I want, because one hundred and fifty you flip me a MILLI all right, that's fine. Nah, Yeah, here's a bit of a bonus. You wouldn't give it? Would you give any of us any money out?
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 4: And I'd be on the first plane out here. Wow, where you go?
Speaker 5: Where you go?
Speaker 13: Mate?
Speaker 4: Somewhere warm?
Speaker 1: Mal dive deed madeves now dives? See as you could finally move out from your parents place, I can finally buy a husband?
Speaker 4: Are the possibility the mal deeds.
Speaker 1: Very nice? Indeed? This is not very nice?
Speaker 4: Indeed?
Speaker 1: So A bakery in Sydney has come under fire for posting a harmas themed birthday cake for a four year old Australian boy featuring a notorious terrorist surrounded by Palestinian flags, and it has sparked all sorts of fury. So Alvan Bakery by Foo Foo posted the images on Tuesday, showing the boys standing beside a large cake decorated with the Palestinian flag and picture of a boo boo ba gar. Nope, that's incorrect. I spoke from him for harmas anyway, with his finger raised. And they also dressed the child as a terrorist.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is that illgal? Yeah, engaged in terrorists behavior is effectively if you're supporting is that engaging in terrors behavior?
Speaker 1: Well, AFP and now investigating because they're basically saying, well, you're indoctrinating this small child, four year old into believing in terrorist organization.
Speaker 2: And I wonder what the next step is in terms of that bakery. Could the bakery be shut down?
Speaker 1: I don't know, not a good business move.
Speaker 4: But also, like the parents have had to the kids four what are the parents like? The parents have had to say, hey can you make this cake for?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: Like the kid didn't walk in there himself and ask for it.
Speaker 1: Thought, h not a great story out of Sydney day.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I had for my thirtieth birthday?
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: The cake lady did a fondant little tanks and Tories. Oh that's not like I'm thirty and had dogs on my cake. This four year old probably should have gone down the same street pictures. It wasn't pictures. There were actual fondant, actual little statues of Tank and Tory, little sausage, yes, little sausage. And they lasted for years and then when we had the big heat waver Brisbane and the floods, they had to be chucked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, okay, what was your birthday part? It was like two to four on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: I went out that night actually, and it took me a week to recover.
Speaker 2: That is your post at Snooze News.
Speaker 1: The Project ban Wi left stunned the other night when Sarah Harris, who is the beautiful host, they were talking about the use of artificial intelligence and Kate Langbrook suggested that robots would be replacing humans very very shortly, and then Sarah took things in a vastly different direction.
Speaker 2: And then you come home you find the female robot in bed with your husband.
Speaker 4: I have a husband.
Speaker 2: You get a robot.
Speaker 1: Show?
Speaker 2: She is she talking about what I think she's talking about.
Speaker 1: Think she's talking about what you think she's talking about? Oh my very goodness, goodness me, Wow, didn't that come from nowhere?
Speaker 2: It really did. I mean it's got every single man in this country thinking. That's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for sure and certain because this.
Speaker 2: Is this the thing I do. This is it still is early enough? Can I do a little snappole? All the ladies are in the room here, Jody abbeys and also produce amily Okay, little snappole open and honestly if you like the use of such, let's call them toys, yes, in your households. Can we go around the problem? Are we doing this?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I don't think there should be any shame around this, So I'm happy to go first.
Speaker 2: Jody, sure, sure, yes, yes, you are so blue at the moment.
Speaker 4: I know it's yeah.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have they got names? Hang on day, They've got names of them. There's a little army of them.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, what did happen if just remember this, There was one when it was charging on the kitchen pitch. My mother in law came over.
Speaker 2: What did she do?
Speaker 1: She just pretended like she completely and utterly glossed over it.
Speaker 2: Well, she just started sort of put it on her ham chinge. That was a little massage, very good.
Speaker 7: Do you need a few?
Speaker 2: He was just charging himself.
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 2: Producers are we yeah, crawl up, Yes, I'm the one that also, what does Greg know about them?
Speaker 4: Surely Greg's well versed. Yes, sometimes they don't. I don't know how it works.
Speaker 2: It could be a little secret thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about producer room over there?
Speaker 16: Yep?
Speaker 11: There are also periods when women are single. Yeah, we don't have it as easy as guys. Where it's you know, it's as built in, so sometimes you want something else to help.
Speaker 2: What do you as built in?
Speaker 4: You've got two.
Speaker 2: Hands you're not using for that?
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't use them?
Speaker 2: That God's watching. That's three from three.
Speaker 1: Oh, we don't even need to ask if.
Speaker 2: We need to news reader. Abby, No, Abby.
Speaker 4: Own that? Oh my god, I never have owned one of them.
Speaker 2: Have you ever thought about it?
Speaker 4: Well, she's lying, No, I'm seriously, I've never and I don't do it. A lot of my friends go, you need to sort your life out, Abby, Yes.
Speaker 2: This is why you have male issues because you're not so efficient.
Speaker 1: Probably you're very right, honestly, would have bet my house and my Lailo Soraya on the fact that you would have had one.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't. Also, can we not forget that at the moment, I'm living back at home, So.
Speaker 2: Abby, should you and me? Do you want? Should we leave together the Dirty Birds convention? Do you want us to head up right now?
Speaker 4: I would never be not that there's anything wrong with it, but I just it's not for me.
Speaker 1: Okay, I know what we're at.
Speaker 2: Because you haven't tried it. There you go. The stats are in ladies, So here's what I read. Statistically speaking, three out of four ladies have an instrument and the other one lies.
Speaker 14: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: Perhaps the most preciousome situation that you can possibly be in is in a job interview. Oh yeah, every single answer that you give is judged to its absolute call.
Speaker 1: It's just being scrutinized. And they're very tricky with the questions, like they're designed to get into your psyche and work out what sort of person you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, particularly some of those questions where there's like several you could give several different answers, which is the right one.
Speaker 1: I always remember a HR person told me to say, okay when they say what are you weaknesses. I'm just like, I'm a bit of a perfectionist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a bit of an overworker.
Speaker 1: I don't know where to stop.
Speaker 2: I tend to give my myself to the job just a little bit too much. I love this fire at Reddit. Job candidate has detailed the embarrassing sago had they botched a job interview in seconds by giving the worst response ever. Those are responses where he's like, do you know what? The rest of the interview is probably void from him. The interviewer had asked the unnamed applicant, how did you get here today, prompting them to matter of faculty respond by bus. That's when the employment I hopefully realized that the prospective boss was not speaking literally and they'd epically fumbled their answer. They said, I got a stone cold stare as a realization hit me. He meant in my career, not to the physical office. We called the Reddit to her reportals, but the next fifty eight minutes of the interview just going through the motions. Other Reddit yearsers got involved as well. One described getting asked what their background was on a video call, prompting them to look behind themselves and mistakenly respond well it's kind of a mirror. Quickly realizing they'd taken a question too literally after the interview clarified, I mean, what is your background.
Speaker 1: Works in life?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's good, isn't it. Some of those responses where you just you take it in a different direction. Remember Demi Levado back in the day, that's this specific question during an interview.
Speaker 4: And your favorite dish.
Speaker 3: I like mugs because they're very comfortable in your hand and they hold the hot things that you don't have to touch.
Speaker 2: Probably just went through the motions of the rest of that.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was the phase of Demi's life where there was some perhaps substances involved.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She wasn't clear of mind, let's put it that way.
Speaker 2: On her mind wasn't as clear as could possibly be. What about Miss Congeniality, one of the great movies describe you're a perfectly.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one.
Speaker 8: I'd have to say, April twenty fifth, because it's not too hot, not too cold.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: It's so oh cleary made.
Speaker 2: Words. Selection is very important.
Speaker 15: We know that.
Speaker 2: That's why we stuff it up all the time here right here on over nine one two.
Speaker 1: Yes, too, musical warriors, just going head to head. This is how it works. We're going to put forward our songs and you can jump on the Jody and Hazy Instagram page and part cast your vote by way.
Speaker 2: Of a poll, and then we're going to reveal the winning sign tomorrow while we are out for flays Friday's Lively School at eight o'clock in the morning. And look, I'm just going to be honest. What his routine the last a few weeks is that I've been winning. I don't mean that in an arrogant way. Jones. I'm just telling you right now. It is eleven to five. Wow, it's really blown out, hasn't it. Boy?
Speaker 4: Boy, I stopped listening.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay? Sorry, what I was saying? It's eleven to five.
Speaker 4: You are losing.
Speaker 2: Sheer's tips, Okay, just trying to help you out because you thought you were.
Speaker 4: Joins us from the newsroom, doing a quick dot point for you.
Speaker 2: It happens.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Theme this week Jode's is break up songs. This is off the back of my hamstring, genuinely breaking how many pieces? Not really sure. I've got to get myself to the Physias.
Speaker 1: You haven't THEO extra yet, which you were supposed to do days and days and days ago.
Speaker 2: Life's just getting in the way, isn't that?
Speaker 1: What if you had to do that's so important?
Speaker 2: You still can't really sit down properly, do you not?
Speaker 1: Honestly? I took a photo of your leg yesterday. It's because it is.
Speaker 4: Black and blue.
Speaker 2: You should see me try and go to the toilet. Oh, I don't know if it's changed. When I used to go to university back in the day, there'd be these photos in the toilets of what not to do, and one of them, which was always hilarious, was someone standing up on the seat and doing a poo. Yeah, that's what I have to do at the moment, because I can't sit down. I have to stand up to am I I'm that person in the photo at Universe back in the day. Anyway, the theme is torn. What have you got frustrated?
Speaker 1: Well, the theme is torn because your ham string is torn. Therefore I have gone for the song torn.
Speaker 2: Well, that makes sense, doesn't it. Potentially I was looking at it hence I said the word torn. This is so appropriate, though, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And a good song, Yeah, And when I gave it to camel guy Josh, He's like, that's so clever because his hams drinks.
Speaker 13: Torn.
Speaker 1: I went, but I'll claim it. I'll claim that I was being clever.
Speaker 2: Jody, this is brilliant. You're like just nodding along, all right, Natalie Imbruglia Torn versus. I just got a feeling you might like this song. Jo It's true Fighters. Unfortunately, you love the foolies, love the foolies.
Speaker 4: Why do you mean that to me?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm torn. You're torn, like Natalie, between your hamstrings.
Speaker 2: Between genuinely buddy for my song. That's why we're doing that. The best of you. Food Fighters versus Natalie and Brulia.
Speaker 1: Get voting please on the Jodi and Hazy Instagram page. I need this.
Speaker 2: You definitely do winning song tomorrow morning at eight. What about this university student over the States about rageous stuff, Completely and disgustingly addicted to cheese. Adela Koshab is her name. She said she's been dealing with her cravings since spring in twenty eighteen, when she binged almost daily on the cheapest bricks of white cheddar and parmesan that she could find. Yeah, she said, I would stop buy the stores daily, and I would just buy cheese. I would literally just eat a block of cheese with my hands. She's twenty seven now, she said. Often she'ld do it while she was sitting on the floor of her Midtown apartment alone in the dark. She'd go through nearly two bricks of cheese every single day.
Speaker 1: That is outrageous.
Speaker 2: And know, as you can imagine as well, it meant that she put on quite a lot of weight. She since lost it because she has managed to keep on top of her cheese addiction.
Speaker 4: So she wasn't like toast intolerant then.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. Maybe she is now, But can you imagine if you're putting two bricks of cheese into you, if you were lactose and tolerant.
Speaker 1: Imagine if Producer M did that.
Speaker 4: Goodness me M does do that though, even if she is lactose intolerant, you are.
Speaker 1: But don't you have some pills or something before you eat cheese so you can eat it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's something called lack tease. So if you have those before you eat, you can go to town.
Speaker 4: But lactose that is so sexy.
Speaker 11: The issue is I forget to take the la like tease and still go to town anyway, and then poor Mike.
Speaker 4: To see because you're not serious about you lactose in tolerance. Which population isn't I love cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, strange addictions, they're absolutely out there. Why in a space like this do we automatically go to news reader app?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 4: Because I know you two are strangely addicted to me?
Speaker 15: Ah?
Speaker 4: No, I remember, So I was trying to think about this. I had to feel that I'm not addicted to anything. But I used to watch when we had Foxtell. I used to watch a show called My Strange Addiction. Yeah, it was on TLC, best station out there anyway, and My Strange Addiction. And I was scrolling the interwebs yesterday and a particular clip came up of a couple who were featured on that show. And they drink something very very interesting. They're addicted to drinking something of their own. I'll want you to have a listen to it.
Speaker 15: Name is Dick, my name is Aubrey, and we are addicted to drinking our yarine and I have not drank water for years now.
Speaker 5: Each day I'm consuming about a half gallon of fresh hear in smiles like buttery popcorn.
Speaker 2: Oh, my god, that's not supposed to be consumed nice no, well in saying that, though people do, but.
Speaker 1: No, thank you is absolutely revolting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you got a strange addiction? Please send us a text though for nine nine nine on nine can course Aboll thirteen twenty four ten. But if you're into that bucker it calls anyway, let's talk nably disputes, shall we?
Speaker 3: Can we?
Speaker 11: And can we?
Speaker 7: Just?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm just going to say this straight off the bat. Well done to local mum by the name of Renee. So she's taken to TikTok and she said it a lie with the fears debate after sharing details of a neighborhood stout over a backyard soccer game. So she's got kids, yes, and in particular a five year old. And what do we know about five year.
Speaker 1: Old if they can't be told all controlled?
Speaker 2: They are very very active. Yes, So, first of all, to Renee getting out there in amongsty kids kicking a soccer bell, well done. And to her neighbors, Yeah, don't quite like it when the ball hits the fence. Listen to this.
Speaker 3: I'm playing with my five year old son with a ball that is accidentally hitting your fence, and then she goes, how about you teach your children some respect. Yeah, my five year old's really trying to be malicious by kicking the ball in the goal and then accidentally hitting your fence. I will not stop playing ball with my son, and my son will not stop kicking the ball.
Speaker 2: And if it accidentally hits your.
Speaker 3: Fence, get over it.
Speaker 2: And lastly, here's one thing more.
Speaker 1: If you finished, yeah, solid finish, where do you sit on this one?
Speaker 2: Well, on one, Renais, because one on the five year old is not doing it to be disrespectful. Also, five year old skills probably not up to Leo Messi standard. So it's going to hit the fence, isn't it. Yeah, that's what happens when you've got kids and you've got a fence and you've got a soccer ball, and particularly during the middle of the day. It's not like the kids doing it at night times.
Speaker 1: Well, that's true. Although we have a bit of a situation with our neighbors at the moment. I got a text message from one of the neighbors who said, do you mind complaining to the council about the other neighbor Our adjoining neighbor and the fact that the gate keeps banging at night. They shut their gate, but it sounds like a shotgun going off.
Speaker 2: Oh that's scary.
Speaker 1: So we've got a current current interaction going at the moment. Yeah, a few unplay. It wasn't words of being exchanged.
Speaker 2: This is a sort of spicy stuff and we're talking about it. Yeah, yeah, thirteen twenty four to ten neighborly disputes. Do you have bad neighbors? Hell, maybe you're a bad neighbor. I don't want to pigeonhole anyone. But sometimes it can be the older folks as well, because they're the ones who want more peace and quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not always though.
Speaker 2: For example, I think it must have been sort of two thousand and seven, two thousand and eight. I think I've told this story before. Just had a few friends over're having a bit of a cricket day. There would have been thirty five to forty of us. And look, sure, sure we were well hydrated, but it was a Saturday, Yeah, and we're playing cricket. And once again, this was a tennis ball consistently hitting the side of a fence.
Speaker 1: It's been annoying.
Speaker 2: Older couple next to us. Eventually had enough and the bloke who came out didn't speak very good English, but he definitely had a gun and he definitely pointed the gun.
Speaker 1: That's me, Oh my very goodness.
Speaker 2: You've never said I flew that day. I genuinely flew. That's what it was like to be You say, so.
Speaker 16: What happened?
Speaker 1: When did you complain to the police or not?
Speaker 2: A lot happened because I think the police turned up and they just said, oh, there's no firearm here, firearms here, blah blah blah. Yeah, and then there was not much that you could do from there. Yeah, but that was a moment, a genuine moment. I don't think I've ever been more scared of my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's horrifying, and we don't condone that behavior.
Speaker 2: Is they just quietly, Yeah, you should have scared us off that day, But it didn't.
Speaker 1: Didn't, wouldn't I do?
Speaker 4: Love though that he walked out and out of forty people saw you and went, yeah, he's definitely trouble maker.
Speaker 2: I was going to get an aim on this bike. Oh dear, let's go to Susie. What have you got, Susie.
Speaker 6: I was living in a house in Carolta Park, and I had a neighbor that had a child that was kicking the ball on the fence, and I asked them politely if they could just maybe kick the ball off the side of the house rather than off the fence. But it never happened constantly. It was the loudest bang. It would terrify my cats. Anyway, they knocked all the screws out of the fence, and then the fence had to be repaired, and they expected.
Speaker 4: Me to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Oh see, that's that's new areas, isn't it. That's clearly the damage of the neighbors. So how was it They.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't expect any responsibility for it? Also, it had it came out of everyone's pocket.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Yeah, that's not that's the recipe for a long lasting feud, the.
Speaker 1: Old who pays for the fence? One a your neighborhood disputes, You've you've been part of one, Cassie.
Speaker 9: Yes, So we were.
Speaker 16: Currently living with my parents while we were building and her, their next door neighbor, used to complain about us watering the garden, and so she used to follow us.
Speaker 5: She'd be waiting for.
Speaker 16: Us to pull up in the driveway to shape her finger and tell us off. And she used to follow us to the car while I was trying to put my infant daughter in the car to leave home, to tell us off about how much water we were using to water a garden. It wasn't really that much.
Speaker 7: It was just general garden watering.
Speaker 16: And she used to complain, you could hear the dogs breathing.
Speaker 2: She's she's not a lot of work at all?
Speaker 16: Is the job?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Just obviously a bit elderly and have nothing.
Speaker 9: Else to do, not much to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what it feels like as well. It's like, what is he? And I might as well complain, are that dog's breathing?
Speaker 16: To that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: That tree keeps on looking at me?
Speaker 1: And stuff like that, all of that rosebread. What was your neighborhood dispute?
Speaker 8: Hey, A couple of years back, well, a few what We just had gotten married and we moved into this suburb in Adelaide and everything was great, and then we had friends coming over and like they would be when they would leave, which was just you know, but it's quiet to say, you know, hey bye, And this was happening, and then all of a sudden we had this nasty note in our lettle book saying, what sort.
Speaker 10: Of people are you?
Speaker 8: You know, you've come to the neighborhood and you're distracting everybody.
Speaker 1: You know, we want you out.
Speaker 8: You're causing you know, your young people.
Speaker 9: You know, what else are you going to get up to?
Speaker 7: And we were sorting stros We were like, oh my god, this is after this home.
Speaker 8: We just know people and we want to get out and get to know the neighbors.
Speaker 14: How are we going to do that now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love a little beeper as you drive off.
Speaker 2: It's really nice.
Speaker 16: I like it.
Speaker 7: What everybody don't bet when you leave it wrong stresses out here.
Speaker 2: Geez, that's a I like hearing that. It means that the neighbors are social, a nice little social street going.
Speaker 1: He's had a good time to What was your neighborhood dispute?
Speaker 5: So, back when I was living in Victoria, my main dispute was when they had neighbors coming over and visitors coming over to the neighbor's house, and the visitors tend to not knock in the front door. They go through my back through the front yard to the backyard and jump over the fence and vice versa.
Speaker 9: When they wanted to go.
Speaker 5: And yeah, this is this happened like just after, conveniently, just after I had my kids outside playing on my plag adam whatnot. So yeah, it was very comedient that there was no random stranger in my backyard while my kids were in the backyard as well.
Speaker 1: That's so rude. Thank you, thank you for the call, Naomi from Craigmore, good morning, good morning. Okay, what did your neighbor capter?
Speaker 17: So, we used to have a really tall neighbor who would stand outside and drink his morning coffee staring over our vent, trying to look into our front door.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 17: And we tried to complain to the council and they said nothing they could do. So we've complained to the police. There was nothing they could do. Apparently he's glad to do that he his own yard. So we put up a two point one meter high side vent to try and stop him from looking. So they just set up a camera and looking straight for a yard. But apparently there's legally nothing we can do about us. It's so crazy because because we are in our house and so do they. I can't even complain like a real estate agent or anything.
Speaker 1: That is awful.
Speaker 17: Yelp, So every time we go in the backyard, we don't know if their camera is watching the kids play.
Speaker 1: That is surely there's laws in privacy laws.
Speaker 11: It's not.
Speaker 17: Apparently there's not.
Speaker 2: Just I just wonder, Naomi, if someone was to I'm not sure who it would be, but if to accidentally load a baby gun and shoot it from the side damage.
Speaker 17: I've definitely I've definitely thought about it.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 17: What about blinds under our back veranda so that he can't see straight into like the kid's bedroom.
Speaker 2: That seems unbelievable situation that surely something needs to happen there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, shall we take one more? Yes, Georgie, good morning, good morning, How are you good?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 1: What happened with the neighbors.
Speaker 5: We used to live next door to a family of They had three teenagers, and one day my husband was walking down the side of the house and founder used condom that.
Speaker 4: Has been over.
Speaker 2: That's good, it happens sometimes, all right, Wow, it's done.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know when you're a teenager.
Speaker 12: He knocked on the door and spoke to the.
Speaker 6: Mother and said they need to come and pick it up.
Speaker 9: Yes, but yeah, no, we never.
Speaker 7: They never came around okay, so who had to discise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had to, Georgie. I can relate to this because we used to have an establishment down the back alleyway of our house. It was an establishment where men would go to get very very special messages. And we had the same thing. And so I picked it up with a glove and I took it back to them and handed it back.
Speaker 4: I do believe this is yours?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh my very good.
Speaker 4: That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: You're not alone, Georgie, not alone.
Speaker 1: It happens very rude, rude, rude, Georgie.
Speaker 2: I always, whenever sometimes you do stumble upon a situation where you find a used condom, I always just think, I just think, you know what, it's than the alternative, not using protection at all. There's a positive to come from that situ that is the real positive.