Speaker 1: On scoring US Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panekey Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Panekey Show.
Speaker 4: Coming up tonight, the Victorian government's attack against property investors intensifies with crippling Lantax hikes and a new task force. Another car manufacturer, rethinks their electric vehicle strategy.
Speaker 3: Propsy Im Primer.
Speaker 4: Will join me shortly to discuss that the Biden administration releases an official message of condolence for the butcher of Tehran, Josh Hammer. With the latest lunacy from the US and talking about left is losing it, these ladies are having a bad day. Let's now bring in see writer of the Herald Sun, Patrick Carlin and Patrick with the Queensland state election coming up in October, and seems Stephen Miles has learned giggling like a schoolgirl won't keep him in power. Tough immigration policies might and he can read a poll.
Speaker 3: As well as anyone.
Speaker 4: And immigration is shaping up to a critical issue at both federal and state level. Stephen Miles is backing Peter Dutton's call for a severe cut in migration numbers.
Speaker 3: This has surprised many, but not me.
Speaker 4: I think Stephen Miles is a savvy politician and he knows what Queenslanders want to hear.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Look, I think if there wasn't a labor monopoly across the States, you'd hear more state premiers talking like this, wouldn't you. Yeah, you can't. You can't make two plus two egal three. And that's what's happening with this migration policy at the moment, where you're getting a lot more people coming in than houses being built.
Speaker 4: But yet they tell us it's not adding to the housing crisis.
Speaker 3: Of course, of it defies logic.
Speaker 2: Of course it is.
Speaker 5: And look, I think it's important that Peter Dutton's sort of brought this debate to the table. It's such an important debate, isn't it. I mean, it defines who we are and how we live, the number of migrants we have and there's not enough houses at the mart.
Speaker 2: It's a very simple equation.
Speaker 3: It absolutely is. And the polling on this is clear.
Speaker 4: We know that overwhelming majority you want to cut to migration numbers, and it's the will of the majority has been completely ignored and by both sides of politics for many years.
Speaker 3: It must be said.
Speaker 4: It hasn't just been labor labors ramped up the numbers to record amounts, but they were pretty high under coalition governments too.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and I think, look, we suffer. We all suffer for the fact that if somebody suggests cutting migration, they risk being labeled as racist or anti multicultural or whatever. It's such an important debate, it's something that we need to be talking about, and we need to be a cross in a big way.
Speaker 2: And like you say, I think.
Speaker 5: There is a silent majority who sort of do wonder we're an island nation.
Speaker 4: That's one of the benefits is we should be able to have a population policy that we determine this is our ideal population, this is where we want to be, and then we set policies to achieve that. Most countries where they've got poorest borders can't do that. Now, let's go to our home state of Victoria, and the state government reliance on property taxes is seeing land tax rates sow to unsustainable levels for many families and landlords who are.
Speaker 3: Preparing to sell up Patrick.
Speaker 4: We can expect to see rents going up higher as the rental pool becomes more a more constraint. Because some of the examples we're seeing and I think what some examples from the Herald Sun today, one property owner reveals his family was hit with a forty three thousand dollar bill for a little beach shack they've got down in Safety Beach, about an hour and a half from Melbourne, which has been in his wife's family since the forties. He says, since twenty twenty one, the land tax on this simple holiday home has increased from around twelve thousand to forty three thousand, So twelve thousand to forty three thousand in three years. It's going to keep going up, and we're going to see more and more homes on the market. And some will say, well, that's a good thing because maybe they will bring down prices, But that hasn't been the experience in Victoria, has it, Because we saw last year there was a report that one in four landlords in Victoria had sold a property that did nothing to alleviate the housing shortage.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean it's not fair. It's a dishonest tax to begin with. It's going to push up rents. If you're a land obviously you've got to cover your own bills, and your bills are high because of this silly tax. You're going to put it on the renters, so it rips off renters. Firstly, it's also very dishonest. They talk about making up it's a COVID debt sort of levy. It's paying for all the infrastructure projects that most Victorians rather don't understand or don't think that we need. I mean, we've got a state debt of one hundred it's approaching one hundred and eighty billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars, highest in the country.
Speaker 5: And you know when the Dan Andrews government came in twenty fourteen that debts sat at twenty billion dollars.
Speaker 2: This is not to repay COVID.
Speaker 5: This is to repay the mismanagement of the finances of the state.
Speaker 2: And it's drastically unfair and very anti aspirational.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And people will say, and I know people around the country say, well, you voted for this, you're Victorians, this is what you want.
Speaker 3: But what options do we have.
Speaker 4: It's not like we've got an opposition that is coming up with bold policies.
Speaker 3: They're pretty much on the same bandwagon.
Speaker 4: They haven't committed to reducing state taxes or what they're going to do to drastically cut debt. They've got the same crazy energy policies as labor. So it's top blaming Victorians, it's victim blaming, Is that what that is. We've also got the Victorian state government warning landlords that got a rental task force coming after them. It increased numbers inspectors and investigators. I've got to be performing spot checks and looking into rent as complaints. With that powers to find and even prosecute landlords in court.
Speaker 3: I think they're sending a very.
Speaker 4: Clear message here to property investors invest elsewhere in the country.
Speaker 3: Perhaps Victoria isn't for you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Look I do feel sorry for renters at the moment. I mean, rents are going up, cost of living is going up, some of them are getting very desperate in ways that they weren't two or three years ago. But landlords are facing the same sorts of issues as well. And I think there are lots of laws as.
Speaker 2: It is for egregious landlord behavior.
Speaker 5: We certainly don't need sort of inspectors turning up so I knocking on the door saying we're just checking to see whether you fix the hot water or whatever.
Speaker 3: You know, because they won't be abused either.
Speaker 4: I mean, please now to the death of Iranian President ibrah Racing in a helicopter crash yesterday. Patrick, you will not believe this. Just when you think the UN couldn't think any lower, it has held a moment of silence for this mass murderer and tortuit.
Speaker 3: It's utterly depraved.
Speaker 4: And I'll be speaking to Josh Hammer later about the Biden administration's reaction.
Speaker 3: But how can the UN pay.
Speaker 4: A tribute to this monster who's responsible for the murder of so many innocent Iranians.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous, it really is. And I'm in the UN.
Speaker 5: If you look at it, it's morally corrupt at the moment you look at all these resolutions that are anti Israel, I make very little mention of a mass or a massacre or even Jewish hostages. It's very tipped towards this sort of Middle East sort of autocracy, if you like.
Speaker 2: And as you say it, I mean, this man.
Speaker 5: Was oversaw a political prisoner program that had five and a half thousand political prisoners executed.
Speaker 3: It is the Five Trials.
Speaker 5: Yes, suppressed women's rights, There's no freedom of speech.
Speaker 4: He is horrible, absolute monster, absolute Islamus monster. I mean, if you're going to acknowledge his death. You should have a little cocktail party.
Speaker 3: That's about it.
Speaker 4: And check out this ridiculous headline from BBC World News. President Ibraham raises mixed legacy in around mixed legacy. That's almost as bad as when the Washington Post called Islamic state leader.
Speaker 3: An austere religious scholar.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what it is with pandering to extremists for the mainstream media is a culprit now from the Iranian regime to vegan.
Speaker 3: Mums in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: We cover all the big stories here Patrick, and this one has got folks talking. A vegan mother has requested that his son's footy team stop serving meat sausages at postgame sausage sizzles.
Speaker 3: And replace them with meat free options.
Speaker 4: The animal rights activists wrote to South Melbourne District's Oskick, saying, I've requested that if sossages must be served, which I believe is not essential at a morning event, we swap out.
Speaker 3: The regular sausages for vegan ones.
Speaker 4: The club Patrick has refused, and instead advised her that she could bring her own vegan sausages to be cooked on the barbecue instead, along with the meat ones.
Speaker 3: Where do you stand on sausage gate. This is an issue that is tearing apart in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure I stand with about ninety nine percent of parents. As a parent, I went to four junior football matches on the weekend.
Speaker 2: In a netball game, I.
Speaker 5: Think I would have had probably six sausages across that time. They are utterly essential for getting through, absolutely absolutely essential.
Speaker 2: So that's going nowhere.
Speaker 3: That one's I'm with you.
Speaker 4: It's one of the treats of having to get up early on a cold, rainy Saturday morning is that you get a sausage at least out of it. None of these vegan concoctions are they give it five years. I bet you in a city Melbourne there'll be more v option.
Speaker 5: I'm never going to eat a vegan sausage never.
Speaker 4: Okay bold words there from Patrick Carline.
Speaker 3: And let's go to the Deputy Opposition leader Susan Lay, who.
Speaker 4: Has called for broadcasters to support the Campaign against Domestic Violence by ceasing to play Sean Comb's p Diddy Puff Daddy's songs following revelations of his abusive and violent behavior towards his ex girlfriend. I mean, this is a very easy thing to request. And I'm sure the till women will all be backing this. But I think and I think Diddy should be behind bars, perhaps for the rest of his life.
Speaker 3: Let's put that, make that clear.
Speaker 4: But I think this is a slippery slope. Indeed, when you want to ban the work of artists who have got questionable behavior, whether it's music, movies, paintings.
Speaker 3: There are a lot of great artists.
Speaker 4: Whose personal behavior has been atrocious.
Speaker 2: It's interesting driving to work this morning.
Speaker 5: Michael Jackson was on the radio, but you're never going to hear Gary Glitter or Rolf Harritt.
Speaker 2: I think the.
Speaker 3: Market also, their songs are rubbish to the.
Speaker 5: Point, but the market's going to sort it out for itself. We don't need politicians saying there must be a band on this. He's very much on the nose. He should be in jail from the looks of it. People will decide for themselves, and I think they drastically turned off for all the right reasons on this particular artist.
Speaker 2: We don't need bands.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 4: But we've got all sorts of great artists whose music is now being played. But we look at their behavior, some of them marrying girls who are essentially children at that time, and certainly by modern standards, their behavior does not pass the pup test, possibly even by the standards back then. So I would just I'm not for just these blanket bands. I think that's just being silly. But you're right, I think the individuals make those choices, and no one should be surprised that if you've ever looked at P Diddy's lyrics and what he's promoted openly, that the man was an absolute disgusting piece of work.
Speaker 3: It's all there in the lyrics. Patrick Carline, thank you so much for your time this evening pleasure.
Speaker 4: Let's bring in renowned geologist professor Ian pi may In. Thanks for joining me in the studio once again. Let's start with our favorite cabinet minister, the helpless Chris Bowen. Here he is proudly standing in front of a big battery. He writes, the North Epping Community battery is the latest in the four hundred community batteries we are rolling out across Australia. Step by step, day by day, we are building our renewable energy future. He looks very happy there in front.
Speaker 3: Of the battery.
Speaker 4: But Ian, what exactly do these community batteries achieve. What do we know about their cost, their capacity, city, their lifespan, that sort of detail haven't come across yet.
Speaker 6: Well, I think they're absolutely fantastic. We used to have a time when we all sat in our houses with reliable and cheap electricity. Now we've got batteries, community battery, the community batteries and they last a few minutes.
Speaker 1: So you all go out.
Speaker 6: To the community battery with a candle and you meet fellow power deprevies and you sit around and chat and hopefully've had a warm mill because there's nothing to cook the meal with when you get home. And these batteries last a few minutes. Now, the one that's meant to run all of South Australia, if all the power goes last five and a half minutes, that's to keep an industrial state going. So you can imagine a community battery and it's going to last a few minutes. You get to know your neighbors, you make friends with them, and then the lights go out and you can get up to all sorts of mischiefs. I think it's just fantastic for community bonding.
Speaker 4: Well at a cost, because those few minutes of capacity are not cheap, are.
Speaker 6: They Well, you'd have to sell your house soon, have paid the electricity, and go and live in a tent in the bush.
Speaker 1: But it's great for the community.
Speaker 4: It's great for the community. I just like the term community battery.
Speaker 1: It's a bit like battery hents. It all crammed in together.
Speaker 3: It's very nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 4: Now let's talk about the viability of electric vehicles. We've got another car manufacturer that seems to be having second thought. Senior Tourta boss says the company is still not sure about electrification and that no one knows the future. Well, yeah, we could have told you that they're going to continue investing in combustion engines and hybrid technologies. Evs are looking less and less attractive, and you do wander in without the market interference from governments. Just how many Australians would be buying evs right now.
Speaker 6: Well, Toyota is the biggest car maker in the world, and other car makers have seen the light. For example, Mercedes benz I said, no, we're giving up on evs.
Speaker 1: They're just not economically viable.
Speaker 6: They can't last a distance, they don't have the resale value, and we're giving it away. Absolutely totally. Unless you have subsidized evs.
Speaker 1: People are not going to buy them.
Speaker 6: And to make it worse, once you've got an EV and it's been subsidized, you try to sell it after you've done, say one hundred thousand kilometers. Yeah, the value has just dropped through the floor. And I quite often do long drives. Last week I drove to Broken Hill in one afternoon, was there for a few hours.
Speaker 1: In the morning, and then drove back.
Speaker 6: Now I did that six hundred kilometers from Adelaide to Brekenhill non stop. It would have taken me nearly three days to do in an EV and it might have caught a light if I'd hit a kangaroo. God knows what would have happened. So I think we stick with what we know is tried and proven and reliable, and the biggest car maker in the world cannot possibly get it wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, Mercedes.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Mercedes because I think they were going to go EV only and now they've said Noel, wait on, We'll just keep on doing combustion engines and hybrids.
Speaker 3: And evs until we know what the future holds.
Speaker 4: But you're right about the resale value because we've got a bunch of evs who are about to come out of warranty, and you wonder what the value is at that point where, at any minute when you buy it, if the battery fails. Some of these evs, the batteries cost over forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, that's quite right.
Speaker 6: If you buy an antique car, maybe a car that's sixty eighty years old, the value goes up. Every other car you have, the value goes down. But if you want it to go down absolutely rapidly and drop through the floor, get yourself an EV because the cost of replacing the batteries is horrendous. You've only got to touch the underside on the curb and there are no technicians that know how to repair that, so you scrap the whole car. These cars are wonderful if you want to drive a couple of kilometers a day and go to the shops and feel morally superior, not telling people how slave labor created the caboard for your car. If you live in the center of the city. But if you live where you have to travel great distances, such as in rural Australia, or you want a plour field, an electric vehicle is absolutely useless and a waste of money.
Speaker 4: Their ideal for those til seats, those affluent inner city areas where you know, the ladies might just be driving a couple of kilometers to lunch and back and that's ideal. Now to one of the funniest stories of the month, the UK Telegraph reports eco friendly break cables are being eaten by foxes after manufacturers s which from petroleum based insulation to soy, forcing owners to wrap their cars in tarp hoole And look at that car wearing a nappy right there. Since two thousand, peanut and soy based oils and waxes have been used on car parts, including gearbox insulation, primer bols and diesel injector wires. And the foxes don't mind the taste of this sort of insulation.
Speaker 1: Ian Well, you couldn't make up stories like this and it's too glabulous.
Speaker 6: Now, if I were a fox, this should be terrific because you'd get free tucker, you don't have to go hunting. And the second thing is you get in underneath the car you keep yourself warm. And the third thing is quite often they have a pan underneath so you can actually sleep in that pair so I think these people are rewilding nature by having sawyer and peanut butter vegamine cables on their vehicles.
Speaker 1: I think it's terrific.
Speaker 3: The foxes are enjoying it, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: It can possibly go wrong.
Speaker 4: Now, an interesting piece in the scientific journal Nature entitled the Importance of Distinguishing Climate science from Climate Activism. If Bunkton rides, I'm concerned by climate scientists becoming climate activists, an't we all? I see potential conflicts when scholars use information selectively.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, this is all very problematic. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He also writes without self critique and a diversity of viewpoints, scientists will ultimately harm the credibility of their research and possibly cause a wider public, political, and economic backlash. He's going to get attacked for this piece, but is one hundred percent right. You can't have scientists corrupting science with politics.
Speaker 3: This is where they lose faith. We sword with COVID and we've certainly see it with climate change.
Speaker 6: Well, I used to be an avid reader and subscriber to Nature, and when it turned into an activist journal, I gave up. So I'm surprised at such an articular piece in an activist journal. But when a climate scientist can show me about human emissions, then I will believe that they're not activists. And what they've got to show me is half a dozen scientific papers that demonstrate that human emissions drive global warming.
Speaker 1: They've never done that.
Speaker 6: So as soon as you talk about humans and climate, you are an activist. So almost by definition climate science, whatever that is in their language, climate science is an activist venture. So the climate scientists have to show that human emissions drive global warming.
Speaker 1: They haven't done that.
Speaker 6: And if they did do that, then then have to show that the natural emissions, which are ninety seven percent of the title, don't drive warming. So I think climate science is an activist activity. Rather like many areas of sociology, like gender studies, that is certainly not an area of scholarship.
Speaker 1: It's an area of well. I would have to.
Speaker 4: Point out there'll be very many climate scientists who would.
Speaker 3: Disagree with you.
Speaker 1: Naturally they live witness.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not saying I disagree with you.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying there's a lot of climate scientists slash activists who might disagree with you. Before you go, I've got to bring to your attention this fantastic piece from The Guardian twenty years ago, which often talk about climate catastrophizing on this show about these doomsday predictions, and let's go down memory lane to twenty years ago when this article appeared in The Guardian warning climate change over the next twenty years could result in a global catastrophe, costing millions millions of lives in wars and natural disasters. That was published February twenty two. In two thousand and four, it's been twenty years in another catastrophees warning that came to nothing. But now we've got energy policies being designed because of these predictions. We've had these predictions of doom and gloom for decades, but it seems like now the politicians are taking them extra seriously.
Speaker 1: Well, if you read the Guardian, you get what you deserve.
Speaker 6: And the second thing is that we've had thousands of years of people predicting the end of the world by some catastrophe, and in each case they've been wrong. And if just one of them was right, we wouldn't be here. So I think when you've got to shout out about a catastrophe.
Speaker 1: Then your argument is a very very weak one.
Speaker 6: Science is married to evidence, and I have yet to see the evidence that human activities drive a major planetary process called climate change. Let learn a catastrophic change.
Speaker 4: Professor Plymer, Thank you so much for your time this evening, and still to come.
Speaker 3: Left He's losing it.
Speaker 4: Plus Josh Hammad joins me for the latest from the US, and goodness me, Joe Biden has disgraced himself comprehensively this week. Welcome back. Now it's time for Lefti's losing.
Speaker 3: It And where would this segment be if.
Speaker 4: It weren't for bitter, bile filled lefty loons filming themselves losing it and.
Speaker 3: Sharing it on social media.
Speaker 4: Here is such a man, I use the term man loosely, filming him having an almighty tantrum on the beach because he saw flags.
Speaker 7: And you're enjoying a nice stay at the beach with my kids and I turn around. I got these flags planted here on the beach by these mug of flus. Listen, this is all America. We know you didn't storm the beaches to stake out your territory.
Speaker 2: On the beach.
Speaker 8: This isn't the Moon.
Speaker 7: I get it, this is America. But I'm sick of my flag being represented by weight nationalist trash and a goddamn beach themselves.
Speaker 4: Magine being so triggered by the stars and stripes. If it ain't your flag, though, mate, if seeing the flag makes you so unhinged, perhaps consider moving to a different country. I'm willing to crowdfund a one way ticket to Iran for.
Speaker 3: You, something you think about.
Speaker 4: We've seen the ladies of the view keen to defend the lefties losing it on college campuses across America. Apparently these kids are intelligent and ethical crusaders who want to change the world.
Speaker 6: Which students are pushing against the time.
Speaker 9: Thrilled to see because I like when students get mad and say we want to change mad.
Speaker 4: But how much do these protests actually know about the Israeli Palestinian conflict?
Speaker 3: Let's find out.
Speaker 10: Have you guys chanted from the river to the sea? Yes? Okay, which river? Which sea?
Speaker 3: The sea?
Speaker 10: So you don't know?
Speaker 2: You don't know?
Speaker 9: The answer was the Mediterranean and the Jordan. What does Hamas say their number one goal is, according to their charter, they just want of the free poll thions to murder all Jews around the world.
Speaker 10: How many years did Israel occupy Gaza leave it two hundreds of their entire time, since.
Speaker 9: Forty eight is actually under Egyptian control for the first twenty or so years. And then these are actually left Gaza in two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: I'm so they left. Wait what they left? Yeah? They did.
Speaker 4: Surely they can't all be this clueless, can they. Let's see if they can answer zach Sage's next question, what is a Zionist?
Speaker 10: What is the definition of Zionist? Didn't that mean you they hate Palestinians?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 11: Jewish people who think that Judaism is the highest race.
Speaker 9: Zionism actually just means that you think Jews are entitled to having their own homeland to protect themselves from another Holocaust.
Speaker 10: You don't even have to be Jewish that makes you a Zionist. Okay, what does antipater revolution mean? Old means so you've chanted it. It's like a global call to murdered Jews.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 10: Wow, did you know you said that? We would you say it again?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 12: Long?
Speaker 9: How much have our foreign adversaries donated to American universities in the last decade?
Speaker 1: No idea. I couldn't give you a number on that.
Speaker 9: The answer was over six billion. How many gods and refugees. Have the Arab neighboring countries let in in the last few months thirty five?
Speaker 10: The answer was zero.
Speaker 9: Look, do you ask an education major at about students don't seem to know what they stand for? So wouldn't it be great if these expensive colleges actually taught them something.
Speaker 4: It would be great of colleges charging fifty sixty seventy thousand dollars tuition would occasionally teach their students something other than how to hate the West. Maybe then we wouldn't have the chickens for KFC phenomenon as exemplified by this next activist.
Speaker 10: Can you explain what you're wearing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like.
Speaker 12: This and kia this is a Yeah, this is a.
Speaker 3: Or what's the meaning behind what it is that you're wearing?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So this is a kiyeffa. It's like kind of worn in a lot of like kind of like more Middle Eastern cultures, And this one in particular is like has a lot of significance in like the sort of Palestinian resistance words words words, wearing this to like show solidarity with.
Speaker 10: Like Palestine and Gaza.
Speaker 12: Right now, what exactly are the Palestinians resisting Israel has been essentially colonizing Palestine for the past seventy years or so, and they're resisting colonialism. They are resisting imperialism, and they have been resisting a genocide that has been waged against them that is only intensified over the past seven months. And they've been resisting this genocide for the past seventy years.
Speaker 10: Would you describe yourself as a progressive?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Do you think that Gaza and the Palestinians share your values? It doesn't really matter what they share my values. It is because at the end of the day, they are being genocided. Are you aware that in Gaza they behead or throw LGBT people off of buildings. No, they do not. Interviews done?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, just ask the question.
Speaker 3: No they don't. Interviews done. Oh dear.
Speaker 4: These people are almost beyond parody, but some comics find a way.
Speaker 3: Here is Matan Peretz mocking these income poops.
Speaker 8: People are very sensitive.
Speaker 13: I don't know, how can you judge on the Israeli Palestinian conflict if you don't know your own gender?
Speaker 2: If you know what I mean? Yeah, you know?
Speaker 3: Why are people so upset? Used to be Palestine.
Speaker 13: Now it's Israel trans you should know that.
Speaker 4: Now, let's look at some lefties losing it over the commencement speech given by NFL player Harrison Butker. You see the Chief's kicker, who is Catholic, gave a commencement speech at a Catholic school saying Catholic things, and that's saw this podcast absolutely lose it.
Speaker 14: The kicker for the Kansas City Chiefs, who has got to be the most sexist white supremacist I have ever seen in my life.
Speaker 4: WHOA, she just defamed him there wildly. You should probably sue, but they weren't done yet. Won't someone think of Taylor Swift?
Speaker 10: Hate him?
Speaker 14: It's unbel believable that at a time, this last football cycle, where all of these women are attracted to the NFL because of Taylor Swift, and here's this incredibly successful woman, Taylor Swift, that has this amazing work ethic and then I forget that this type of person exists everywhere and this this is Evangelical Christianity. What he said is so disrespectful, so to such a large portion of women, and it's so dismissive. I just I hope that he is canceled to hell and back, and I feel so sorry that his wife has to sleep with him.
Speaker 3: Good Lord, that got real weird, real quick.
Speaker 4: And here's another lifty lady losing it over Harrison but Kerse. She is a former Chiefs cheerleader who seems to think she speaks for all womenkind.
Speaker 15: You know, we have several things in common. First and foremost, a few months ago, we were both employed by the Kansas City Chiefs. I cheered you on for six years straight, and with that, I would assume we went to the same pr training. Biggests takeaway is you would now represent a billion dollar organization. You are no longer just Staarson Buckert. You are now Harrison Buckkert, who plays for the Kansas City Chiefs, and anything you say or do that doesn't align with that brand.
Speaker 16: Saisoring.
Speaker 15: Just like the lesbians you hated in that video will be grounds for termination.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, it's a little bit annoying, isn't she And these ladies are going to lose it even more when they find out that Harrison Bucker's jerseys have sold out in only women's sizes. I guess there is only one thing left to do. Ladies, go into the woods and scream it all out.
Speaker 3: We're going to have more lefties losing it for you in a minute.
Speaker 4: Joining me now is a Newsweek's senior editor at large, Josh Hammer. Josh, good to see you again talking about lefties losing it. Let's check in to see how the leader of the free world is doing.
Speaker 17: And when I was vice president, thanks were kind of bad during the pandemic. And what happened was Rock said to me, go to Detroit. Help well, poor Mary spent more time with Maybe he ever thought he's.
Speaker 9: Going to have to.
Speaker 4: I love you, Vice president during the pandemic, Barax said to go to Detroit.
Speaker 3: What pandemic is he talking about? What's going on? Josh?
Speaker 10: I mean Rita.
Speaker 18: I think what's going on is fairly obvious, which is that the purported leader of the Free world is palpably senile, and he is losing control of both his physical faculties and his mental faculties. I mean, Rita. His staff has had to produce for him a bespoke pair of sneakers. He has to wear a special pair of sneakers literally just to walk across the White House, the White House ellipses, to actually get to Marine one, the presidential helicopter, just to prevent him from from tripping even more than he already already is. And he's been tripping a lot over the course of his presidency. But however bad his physical decline is, his mental decline is obviously so much worse. I mean, I wouldn't even know where to begin when it comes to just the shocking number of gafs that we've seen over the past few years here from this pathetic excuse of a so called president of the United States. This is only the latest example here. It's easy for us to joke about readA, but unforced to him, this has very real ramifications. I mean, dictators all around the world see the decrepit state of the commander in chief, and from Pyongyang to Moscow, to Beijing and Tehran and everywhere in between, they were just licking their chops looking at this feckless excuse for president.
Speaker 4: And it's not just the gaffs, it's not just the cognitive decline. When he does put a sentence together, he's likely to be saying dangerous race baiting speeches like this one he gave to black students at a college graduation ceremony in recent days.
Speaker 17: You missed your high school graduation, you start a college just as George Floyd was murdered and there was a reckoning on race. It's natural to wonder democracy you hear about actually works for you. What is democracy? A black matter being killed on the street? What is democracy? Betrayal of broken promises still leave black communities behind? What is democracy? You have to be ten times better than anyone else to get a fair shot. Most of all, what does it mean, as you've heard before, to be a black man who loves his country even if it doesn't love him back in equal measure.
Speaker 4: It is just an incredible speech on so many levels, not just the falsehoods, not just the race faiting. But you just wonder what the motivation behind it is. Why does he want to put that message out there? Why does he want to tell black graduates that they need to be ten times better than non blacks.
Speaker 3: To get a fair go, that they're being murdered in the streets.
Speaker 18: Yeah, this speech was absolutely positively disgusting. I mean, talk about how a president of the United States should, in theory, try to uphold the best of the American tradition. You know what, Joe Biden should have done before he gave this speech a Morehouse College, which is historically viewed as probably the most prestigious of the HBC used the historically black colleges and universities in America. But he probably should have looked to some famous black Americans to see what they had to say about the American experiment, about our constitution, about our declarrange independency. He should have looked at people like Marlon Luther King, who spoke wondrously of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. He should have looked at Frederick Douglass back in the nineteenth century, the great slavery abolitionists, who spoke wonderfully about the Declaration of Independence and how this country was founded. That that is America has founded out in a noble and just way, for a noble and righteous and just cause, and you know, just to bring some kind of empirical teeth to an redtail as well. There's notion that black men women in America in the year twenty twenty four have to work ten times hard to make it.
Speaker 10: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 18: Since the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four, there has not been duj your under law state racism in America. In fact, the last vestige of actual racism was affirmative action, which the Supreme Court thankfully and mercifully held as unconstitutional last summer. That was against whites, Asians, Christians, and various other groups, not against black. So this was a disgusting race beating speech, but it speaks volumes about the situation that Democrats find themselves in when it comes to trying to lock up the black vote. They are petrified of young black men in particular, basically the people that were right there in the Morehouse College audience.
Speaker 3: They are and if.
Speaker 4: They think the way to appeal to them and to bring them back in is to indulge in this sort of racial politics, the speakatry of low expectations. They're on the wrong track. But this is all they know and that's what they going back to. But I want to speak to you about this shameful episode for the Biden administration. And today they've sent an official message of condolence to the for the Iranian President Ibrahaim Raci, who died in a helicopter crash yesterday.
Speaker 3: Really the White House offering.
Speaker 4: Its condolences to the butcher of Tehran, a man who tortured pregnant women, who was responsible for thousands being slaughtered.
Speaker 18: It beggars belief, I mean, disgusting. Honestly, does not do this justice Rita, you know, tragically. By the way, it's not just Joe Biden, I mean NIDO. The official NIDO spokesperson also offered her condolences on behalf of NIDO. There were many European European Union EU country that did the same thing, but you know, for the United States in particular, it really is kind of above and beyond disgusting. I mean, this is a regime, the theocracy, the molocracy Tehran, that's existed since nineteen seventy nine. This is a regime that quite literally chants death to America in the streets. They chant death to America in their in their legislature there, and you know, just to kind of underscore how absurd this situation is. It's not just that they want to kill Americans and kill America. They do. The Iranian regime has the blood of hundreds and hundreds of Americans on their hand from their roadside IEDs that exploded during the war in Iraq. They have tried to assassinate Americans all around the world for that matter. But over the past forty eight to seventy two hours, so what we have seen is that a lot of the Iranian people inside of Iran rey to have risked their lives to go on social media and celebrate, celebrate the death of this man that you just described, the so called butcher of Iran, this man who has terrible, terrible, terrible amounts of copious blood on his hands. And the same time that the Iranian people who are struggling for basic human dimity and free expression in south thrown country, at the same time that they are risking jail time, prosecution, or god forbid, even worse just to go to social media and to express their joy that the butcher of Tehran is no longer with us, at the same time as that the president of the United States and the leader of the free world is offering his condolence. How about we just say, we hope for the best for the Iranian people. May your next president offer you something remotely approximate in human dignity. Not that the president has that power, it's up to the Ayatola, but some message along those lines would have been nice. But offering condolences for a terrorist jihad and state. Oh my god, never thought I would see it. Honestly, just if.
Speaker 4: You can't put out a message that hopes for better days for the Iranian people, then just don't do anything.
Speaker 3: Don't put out a condolence letter. I mean, it is oh gosh for someone.
Speaker 4: As you know, my family fled Iran after the Islamic Revolution and the Islamist takeover of the country. So to have the US president, the Biden administration put out a message like that, it's just like I said, it beggars belief. Now let's talk about the illegal immigration crisis in the US. We know there's also a crime issue there. There's been some high profile cases. I'm surprised this case hasn't got more coverage. And an illegal immigrant has been arrested and could face life in prison after allegedly going on a serial raping spree in a van police have described as a rape dungeon on wheels. Here's more from Fox eleven News, and a warning to our viewers is this report may be distressing.
Speaker 19: A quote rape dungeon on wheels, Oh I got it? Described as rigged for reap, condoms, ropes, bungeies, children's toys, multiple cell phones and hard drives and the mattress. Warren steamed disgusting.
Speaker 8: And I can say, in almost a twenty year career, this is the most disturbing scene I've ever been in. That evidence has of course been processed. Everything that's in here is what's.
Speaker 19: Left, investigators say, the man they call a serial reapist with lock of women inside this mobile cage, locked in from the outside behind this metal partition with no escape.
Speaker 4: It's incredible that we keep hearing about these cases with victims who have been left broken, some have lost their lives, and yet really the Biden White House has done nothing concrete to tackle this issue. With record numbers flooding in through that southern border. You don't know who they are, you don't know their criminal history, and we shouldn't be surprised that cases like this are emerging.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, there's no shortage of cases just like this. It's the tragic part. So I live in South Florida, as you know, Rita, and there it was in Palm Beach County in Lake Worth, Florida, just two or three weeks ago, that a very similar story. And don't think that there was a physical van I mean, God, forbid. Those images are indeed shocking and cut to the core of our human consciences. But here locally in Florida, there was also an illegal alien in Lake Worth who was also raping women, and they finally caught him after he had done damage to god knows how many souls. And actually the Palm Beach County, Florida Sheriff, to his great credit, was very outspoken about this and he said, you know what, this person should never have been in this country, and who knows how many people have been damaged by the fact that he was just here. And it's ultimately up to the federal government to prevent them from getting in here. But the Democratic Party in its current manifestation readA, has no interest whatsoever in trying to stop the migration inflows of illegal alien immigration, because why would they Every time that an illegal alien gets to a state. Due to a ridiculous bit of constitutional misinterpretation by the US Supreme Court, illegal aliens actually count for US census representation. It's a ridiculous case that the Uspreme Court has to take to rectify at some point. But under current Uspreme co or case law, illegal aliens residing in states like California, Illinois, New York, New Jersey actually aired congressional representation there. So you have that, and you have the fact that their likely future Democratic Party voter is the incentive structure isn't exactly aligned properly for Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats to actually shut down the border. What I greatly fear is that it's probably going to have to wait for the next Republican president, in all likelihood Donald Trump, possibly come January twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Joshana, thank you so much for your time still to come.
Speaker 4: A transgender runner bood at a state championship. Stephanie Bastian joins me next to discuss welcome back. Joining me now is Stephanie Bastian, Women's Forum Australia Research Fellow. Let's start with this story out of the US. A transgender high school runner, biological male identifying as female and race against real females, has been booed as he crossed a finish line in first place in the girl's four hundred meter sprint, taking out the Oregon Track and Field state championships.
Speaker 16: Have a look, Stephanie.
Speaker 4: It's a massive slap in the face for those girls who have trained and sacrificed for years to reach that level.
Speaker 20: Absolutely, and you can see the response on the field that people are just more and more aware and they're starting to call it out. That's exactly what the booing is. And I have to say I really appreciate journalists such as yourself calling out your peers when they misrepresent I saw a tweet last week from the Daily Mail where they called they said that he was winning, a woman winning the race.
Speaker 3: No, he was a man cheating.
Speaker 20: And so I think it's really helpful that we have this being called out the media and that more and more people are aware of it. It's very frustrating though, because Australia really does need to have some.
Speaker 3: Action on this.
Speaker 20: Women's Forum produced to report a Fair playing Field which highlights the issues of men playing in women's sport, and after the federal election we sent it to every state and federal MP and every major sporting body and to date there's been absolutely nothing and it's just unacceptable.
Speaker 4: It is and just a reminder to folks of the gap between male and female athletes, particularly in things like the four hundred meters.
Speaker 3: Reminded of this stat from a few years ago.
Speaker 4: The fastest female sprinter in the world is American runner Alison Felix. This is from Amy Alcon, a woman with more gold medals than Yusay in Bold. Her lifetime best for the four hundred meter run is forty nine point twenty six seconds Based on twenty eighteen data.
Speaker 3: Nearly three hundred high school boys.
Speaker 4: In the US alone could beat it. So the gap between men and women is that wide, and that's why it's so unfair on those girls to train so hard and to have someone who's coming identified as female and beaten them. Now, we know this ideology most impacts girls and women and infringes on their rights, but it's also undeniable, Stephanie, that it's women who are most supportive of the transagender.
Speaker 3: It's not just young women. Listen to this. Grandmother, ow Odds are your granddaughter, they are six and eight.
Speaker 11: Would you support them to get hormone blockers to become the other gender?
Speaker 21: I would absolutely support them to get hormone blockers. The idea of one of my granddaughters learning that they're going to start having their period if they don't get the hormones blocked, even though they're identifying and portraying as a male. How horrible that would be?
Speaker 11: So? Yes, definitely, if your granddaughter came to you and wanted to get a tattoo, what would you say?
Speaker 3: That would be more difficult.
Speaker 21: I always told my three sons the one thing I ask is, please don't get tattooed.
Speaker 11: Really, why tattoos?
Speaker 21: There's just something are permanent about it?
Speaker 11: Permanent.
Speaker 3: It's pretty permanent.
Speaker 21: It's really difficult to get them lasered off or removed.
Speaker 11: You don't think it's like permanent to change your gender?
Speaker 4: Yeah, old enough to know better, Stephanie, how do we address this issue?
Speaker 3: Because the polling and just you look at.
Speaker 4: Who backs this agenda, and it's far more likely to be women who are going to be disadvantaged by it.
Speaker 3: How do you make them aware.
Speaker 4: Of the full consequences of what they're embracing.
Speaker 20: Look, I think there's different reasons why women are more supportive. We are certainly the gentler sex. We care, and I think that we're more easily manipulated by medical professionals who come and tell you that do you want a dead son or a live daughter? I think there are also issues like, for example, in Victoria, our conversion therapy laws. It is a criminal offense if you don't endorse your child's gender identity, So that instills fear in the parents they want to support, they go along with the system. The parents we should be looking at, though, reader, are the parents of three year old children who are presenting at the gender clinics in Melbourne. I think we should be looking at the influences and how that's come about, because clearly, I mean, a child who is three does not even understand the concept of gender. And we know that there are some parents who do project their expectations onto children.
Speaker 2: In fact, a.
Speaker 20: Federal judge founder father had influenced his two children to become gender questioning or transgender in the federal court last year August last year and restricted access. So this is another serious issue that we need to be along many that we need to be addressing.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I think you are so right there.
Speaker 4: And Blair White, who's a trans woman, has said that you show me a five year old transgender child, I'll show you a parent who's making decisions. I think she likened that to a vegan cat. We know who's making the lifestyle choices there. Sephanie Bastian, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: For your time. Really appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thanks Reder. That's it from me. Up next is Newsnight. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Good night,