Speaker 1: I understand what I'm about to talk about is super super niche. But I'm confident. I'm confident. I just want to get one call on this. On thirteen twenty four ten near missus, did you narrowly avoid death? And the reason is because you forgot something right?
Speaker 2: You're right, it is natural, extremely nat.
Speaker 1: But if you fit this niache little category, then you can go into the running for a winter week and escape. And this is where we send you away to somewhere beautiful, like the Clare Valley for example, just to have a gorgeous weekend in winter.
Speaker 3: Okay. The reason I.
Speaker 1: Bring this up is because when we went down to Crown Jodie and Hazy's or Adelaide's most Awesome Coffee, we were down at Port no longer. As After we serve said coffee, I went next door to a little boutique called Charlie Rose, which is lovely down there. And anyway, so while I was in there, a woman forgot something. So she came back into the shop. She had left her wallet in the chain dreams right, and so she walks back into the shop and the lovely lady who was running it said her, I need you to stay here for a couple of minutes. And I was like, that's a bit odd, And I said, why do you need to stay here for a couple of minutes? And she said, Okay, have you seen have you seen that clip on Facebook where there's a man in Mudgy goes out to his car, puts some stuff in his cart, and realizes he's forgotten his phone back in the house.
Speaker 2: Was it the male model for Mudget? Wasn't Ken Sucker?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 3: What the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Mudge? Mudgy?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Anyway, so he goes back into the house and as he goes back into the house, a tree falls on his car. Oh wow, And if that's not fate, I don't know what it is, because he would have died, like.
Speaker 5: He didn't forget his walk. Yes, and he went and he was getting his car, he potentially got cleaned up by a tree and.
Speaker 3: Death, brown bread dead.
Speaker 1: So we're talking about so sure enough, the woman stayed back in the boot tache and then she went about her day.
Speaker 3: I'm presumed she's like, I haven't heard.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, But do you believe in those sliding moments, haz Well, something happens, you forget something and you have to go back and you think, oh my god, if I hadn't.
Speaker 3: Have done that, then I would have died.
Speaker 5: See, that's ridiculous. The big famous story for near misses is Seth mcpharlane. So he's the Family Guy creator. So he'd been scheduled to be on an American Airlines flight eleven that hit the North Tower for nine to eleven, and he arrived at the airport late, so he missed the flight. So I mean essentially he forgot to get there on time. Yeah, but if he'd been on the flood that you were supposed to be on, he would have hit the tower, and of course he would have died.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that whatever?
Speaker 1: I don't know, if you believe in God, is that just someone the great divine intervening going now?
Speaker 3: Is not your time?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: We need that Family Guy humoor Seth. Yes, we're keeping you around.
Speaker 3: It's so true. But I did so now on it's going to be in the back of my brain.
Speaker 1: If I ever forget something, I'm just going to hang here for a couple of seconds, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Or you're forgiving yourself when you make mistakes and forget things.
Speaker 2: You're like, no, it's fate. I'm actually doing myself a favor.
Speaker 1: My horrendous short term memory is now doing me a favor and it's going to save my life.
Speaker 2: What would you near me?
Speaker 5: Sort of sliding doors, mum at all calls to get on air. We want to put you on the stand by list for a little winter weekend escape.
Speaker 3: Well, who can forget Donald Trump?
Speaker 1: A couple of weeks ago, if his face had have been front on when that guy tried to assassinate him, have been all over.
Speaker 5: The doctor said that FBI has just confirmed that it was a real bullet. For all the conspiracy theorists out there, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Initially we just thought it was the glass from the tellyprompt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we just thought he has had a bit of a leaky, leaky, bloody ear.
Speaker 2: Yeah for some reason. Yeah, let's go to Tracey. Good morning, Trace.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 6: Okay, I've had two. So one was the actual the Royal Show when the sin Dragon crashed down on people. I was in the line with my friend to go on the ride and they asked us if we wanted to go on this ride or the next one, the next circle, and we said we'll wait for the next one because we wanted to be on the back of the ride so when it's upside down people can see you from up, you can see your friends and your upside down and so and so we're waiting. Then I said, can we just go around back because we're going to be on the back when it goes on the next He said yeah, and he just we just moved and then it landed on the other people and I felt so guilty about that that he didn't land on us. And then the second time, I was just going to the doctor surgery and I just stopped and thought, oh I posted the first or where I go in, And I stopped and then a learner driver was driving and they took the corner too fast and they went right through the doctor survery window. Continued walking. It would have hit me.
Speaker 7: I was like, yeah, your cat.
Speaker 3: He said, you a cat. You've got no live straight.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 6: I think I'm running from the Grim Reaper.
Speaker 5: Really you are in all these situations, did you see the Grim Reaper somewhere in the distance?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, trace quite seriously, you have dodged death twice.
Speaker 1: That is quite remarkable. Does it changed your perspective and the way you go about things.
Speaker 6: I definitely trust my intuition really do, like just this, Yeah, yeah, it's just I just go with my gut feeling. But yeah, it's just Yeah. It was bizarre at the time, you know, the first one happened with a skin dragon. There was like a lot of guilt and you know, yeah, but yeah, just trust and intuition.
Speaker 3: Tracy. Goodness, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: I didn't think we're going to get any calls, not alone someone who's dodged death twice.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Michelle, Good morning.
Speaker 8: I had an experience with my family. We're in the cyclay Tracy in nineteen seventy four, and my father was in comfortactic because it was Christmas time, and my mom was tolding me. I was about nine months old and she had a two year old she was hanging on to trying to get my father to get into the caravan because their house had been flattened and we had a caravan as well, just kind of shelter from the cyclone. Anyway, we got to the caravan and trying to pull that into the caravan in recused to get in there. So my mum was hysterical screaming at him as he would and he's just refused slotly, and he's pulling her out and they're having a bit of a fight, and then Dad said there's no way I'm getting in there, and he pulled her out and pulled us out. We fell on the ground, and then next minute the caravan was absolutely flattened by a tree where we escaped. And I've gone on to live in the Adelaide Hills and have four beautiful children, and I've had many experiences with things that have happened where I've had really good second chances in my life. So I'm really thankful.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought that's unbelievable, was sure? Who would have thought as well?
Speaker 5: For the first time ever, my dad has got blind Christmas and.
Speaker 1: Then the hero, Oh that's unbelievable. Goodness, Josh, what was your near miss moment?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this isn't a funny one, but I was driving the forklift at my work and as I was driving down one of the aisles was scanning in cartons of alcohol. And so one day, as I was scanning them, I've gone to go on my forklift and I've completely forgotten the scanner and I've left it on a pallet on a pallette. I've actually gotten off the forklift, grabbed it and gotten back on the forklift, and as I'm going to take off a palette from the very top shelf, it has fallen almost crushed me. Oh my, So if I didn't forget that scanner, I would have gotten crushed by that palette of alcohol.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's one of those moments, very close.
Speaker 2: What about as soon as it.
Speaker 5: Happened, Josh, Like, what what was your first feelings?
Speaker 2: Like what was going through your brain?
Speaker 5: Because it is that one of those moments where you kind of you sit there and you really really recollect the life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you could say in my life flush before my eyes, I guess, But but no, at the time, I was just worried about it if everyone else was staying For the time, I wasn't really concerned about my self, but.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to make sure everyone else is okay because there was a lot of people and that at the time so.
Speaker 3: Generally Josh, So just so unclear.
Speaker 1: You went to get the scanner and as you came back to the forklift, that's when it fell.
Speaker 4: That's when it fell right in front of me, about a meter in front of me, and I got to blush with alcohol.
Speaker 2: But yeah, what was the alcohol.
Speaker 5: It was a bit of everything, tell you what, because it was those red tins.
Speaker 3: Josh, that's incredible. Thank you so much for that. Should we take another one? I think so, Shelley, as we're talking about this.
Speaker 1: Just on the back of I was in a shop the other day and a woman came back forgot her phone, and the woman in the shop's.
Speaker 3: Like, stay here, stay here for two minutes. It's a sign. So she did. Shelley, good morning. What happened with you?
Speaker 9: Well, I've had three. One was terrorism and one brushed with terrorism, and one was almost drowning in a pool as a kid. But the one where my lovely voice said I like to talk to people who it saved me was I was in a retail store calling in on them and I was about to leave, and I stopped and was talking about the fact that I joined the band because the lady I talked to in the office there we talk about music. And as I did that, a truck went past the shop that I was in flicked up a storewater drain and cover which had the weight on it. Funnily enough, because I looked at it afterwards, which was I think forty five toos or something, and it flicked up. It hit the top of my roof where my head would have been if I was getting into the car. Then it because it flicks sort of like diagonally and round and round like a span, and then it hit the door handle, so I could have been maimed on my arm. And then it actually hit the ash belt in the car part and left a massive, big chunk.
Speaker 8: Out of the ash belt in a car park.
Speaker 9: So I think I would have been dead if I was getting into the car at the time that I was going to get.
Speaker 3: Into the car.
Speaker 9: Pure luck and timing.
Speaker 5: That's unbelievable right now, Shelley, if it was a scene and final destination, it would have got you, because that's what it's all about.
Speaker 2: That's that is ridiculous.
Speaker 5: So, Shelley, did it change you like after that? We did you have a different perspective on life?
Speaker 9: I think that's all changed me to a degree. With the terrorism one that sort of gave me my fear of flying because that was to do with a plane. I don't definitely be more careful when I drive, but yeah, I'm just more aware of my surroundings again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, thank you, Shelley, thank you so much. Goodness me you are also in the running for our winter weekend games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Should we keep putting out there? What about that? You were like, I hope we just get one call.
Speaker 1: I know, full border calls all of a sudden, We're just flatten through Allison.
Speaker 3: Okay, what was your near death experience?
Speaker 10: Driving to Earth late late and going probably a little too fast, And you know how it is where one traffic lane always flows free and the one in the opposite direction is sort of bumper to bumper and rarely slowed.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: Well, I was going in the one that was flowing fast and got distracted for a moment, and when I looked up, the car in front of me had stopped because they were turning right and they couldn't turn right because of the oncoming traffic was bumper to bumper, and I knew I was going to hit the back of him at full speed. I didn't even have time to hit my brake. And then the traffic opened up on the other side. Someone had let him in and I sort of passed unscathed, and when I looked up it was my sister. Oh, had left the car in.
Speaker 2: Did you had no idea that that was your sister?
Speaker 10: No, I only as it all happened. I was like in shock, like stirring at this open space in front of me where there'd been a car, and my sister had seen it sort of happening in the opposite direction, and she'd let the car in. She had stopped, and we've kind of stared at each other in absolute shock. It was amazing.
Speaker 3: That's incredible.
Speaker 1: So she wasn't the car that you were going to hear, she was the car that let the car through.
Speaker 6: The car through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, goodness, Yeah, literally like that you saying your sister, Hey, sis, you just saved my life.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: No, it would have been a bad accident had it happened. I don't know that I would have died, but it would have been a bad accident.
Speaker 2: And my pult.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. Alison Vanessa. What was your sliding doors moment?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 11: I was at a house party and we were playing dart and our children were on their iPads leaning against the roller door, and one little girl says, I need to go to the bathroom, and the other one says, I'll take you and I say it, let me open the sliding door to the house, and as we do that, a car crashes through the roller door and it would have taken all three of us out. It literally stopped on their iPads. Wow, which is right where they were sitting. They would have been gone.
Speaker 5: Finally, a toddler who needs to get it has paid off.
Speaker 3: My So, what happened with the car that just lost control?
Speaker 11: Yep, so it just well, it actually crashed into the driveway, lost control, but hit the parked car and pushed that car through the roll at all.
Speaker 2: Wow, it would have been horrible scenes.
Speaker 11: Oh my gosh, it was horrendous. But imagine if the children were right there.
Speaker 3: Oh. I don't even want to think about it.
Speaker 1: That's awfulness, do you know because through my other job at ten, I've done so many accidents like this. When I'm on the street with my children or I'm waiting to cross a road, I will stand in front of them always because I am so anxious and paranoid about a car losing control.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you see so much stuff now, particular social media.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a horrible, horrible set of affairs.
Speaker 2: Real lucky people out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah,