Speaker 1: Apogae Production. Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mum?
Speaker 2: Podcast?
Speaker 1: It's still holidays, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Still holidays? Still going? But the exciting parties were on the final countdown.
Speaker 1: I don't know about you, though, there's a sadness to me as well in that now I'm like, I have to do some grocery shopping for lunchbox stuff this week.
Speaker 3: I'm not sad about having to do the shopping because I am in a stage where my kids continually eat everything and I have no choice because all they do is complain about being hungry.
Speaker 1: My kids during the holidays have been opening the cupboard going where's all the snacks? And I'm like, no, there are snacks. However, you have to make them like cheese and crackers. You need to cut the cheese from the big block rather than it just being in a packet ready for you to open. That's lunchbox stuff.
Speaker 2: Would lunchbox stuff? Mind you.
Speaker 3: I did have an argument just whipping it on its head with my mum in IgA about their packets now that you can buy that are like this big and it's like tasty cheese, but it's like already presliced and I was on holidays, so clearly I'm in the stage of I don't give a fuck for a week.
Speaker 2: And I was like.
Speaker 3: No, no, I'll just buy the pre sliced Mum. Oh, you should be disgusted in yourself, Rachel. Oh, how long does it take to sliced pece of cheese?
Speaker 2: Are you paying?
Speaker 1: No, it's a really expensive way to buy it already sliced in a packet like that.
Speaker 2: It was like a Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: I think I'd had like not much sleep, you know when you shop in those states, And I was like, I don't care, I'm just buying it.
Speaker 2: Please stop talking. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I only the other day did an actual proper shop, which I reckon has been the first proper big shop I've done in months where I've literally gone to go to the shop every evening for dinner that night.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah right, and did it just like flow you about how much it now costs? Yes?
Speaker 2: Indeed, did force me every time. I'm like, sorry, did Rick put something else up? Why am I at this price? Because when you're.
Speaker 1: Cutting it each day for that evening, still though, I'm like, how did dinner cost one hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to do the whole Like go to the market. By it there and not from a place of going, it's going to be cheaper. I think you can really hustle some good deals if you're at the markets. If you go to later to the markets, you know how they're marking everything down.
Speaker 2: You can get some good bag you have to go.
Speaker 1: At five to twelve, but where it's like four packs of blue berries.
Speaker 2: Because they don't want to pack them back up.
Speaker 1: But the thing is is when you go to the markets, then you end up having lunch. You get like a fucking.
Speaker 2: Breakfast, have another coffee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a fresh watermelon juice which is like nine dollars. Squeez that there, and then like, yeah, still spent too much money? Am I a bad mum for not giving them enough credit?
Speaker 3: I reckon this is gonna be a possibility that we could be both in this.
Speaker 1: Maybe I realized something the other day because I give my kids a hard time all the time about working hard at school, doing jobs around the house. Put your fucking washing away for the seventeenth time, Like it's easier for me to just put the washing away, Like that would cause me a lot less stress than the amount of times I asked them to put it away, then it ends up back in the washing basket because they can't be bothered. I give them a hard time about all of that stuff. What I have forgot in the process is what they are able to do when they put their mind to it. Now, the girls are really into music at the moment.
Speaker 2: The concerts.
Speaker 1: They've got people that they are super excited to see. Billie Eilish is one of them.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Billie Eilish's brother.
Speaker 2: His name is Phineas. You probably don't brother. Brother is called Phineas. Now.
Speaker 1: He just a bit of background. He has been very instrumental with Billie Eilish's career because I think he's her producer, so I think he's also written some of her songs.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he's very much involved the very music family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very much involved with her career and they're really close. And he's got his own songs now. So he's been writing his own songs and is on tour now. He was coming to Brisbane, which the girls were super excited about because they like his music too. They were like, we have to hear tiggers, we have to hear tickets. Anyway, they saved up money and they were able to buy tickets. Now, this is apparently a thing with teenagers. I don't know if you've ever done this, but they are obsessed with getting to the front and getting barricade. I've been to a lot of concerts in my time. I go at the time the doors are open, and I sit in the seat that iver bore, and that's what I do. It's such a big thing for them to get there early, so that they are going to get in first now to get their early rage. They've done a lot of research on this. They've been in group chats, they've been in like forums, They've researched online how early they needed to get their doors open at six pm? Right, they decided they need to be there at six am. So long, there's no way I'm getting up at four point thirty in the morning to take you there at that time where you're going to be in the valley. You're going to be calling me every two minutes because you're shit scared of what crazy person is around at that time in that area. So I said, you really really want to go at that time, and you think that's the right time to go, work it out, work out what buses you need to get on rach Amelia sat with the bus timetable out online. There's a like plan your.
Speaker 2: Journey, yeah, plenty journey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she did all of that. She worked it all out, and then she said, we're going to do a practice run. I want to make sure that we get it right. So we're going to do it a couple of days before the concert.
Speaker 2: Going to get there.
Speaker 1: See how long it took us if we got to the right stop. So it was going to be two buses, rage and then a five minute walk. They did it. It actually blew my mind that it wasn't this big deal that I thought it was going to be calling me we were in the wrong stop, where do we go? Like I thought it was going to be all of that. I thought I was going to have to be very involved, and I didn't want to be.
Speaker 2: Very involved at that time of the morning.
Speaker 1: I wanted them to work it out themselves. This is where the whole I didn't give them credit comes in because I really didn't think that they would do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got up, walked to the bus stop, got on the bus, text me to let me know that they were on the right bus, got off at the stop they were supposed to get off at they had to walk around to a different platform platform, get on the next bus, yeah, and then walk At the end, they literally called me and they went, mum, we're at Fortitude Music Hall. We're outside.
Speaker 2: I was like, what they made it? They made it? Were they there at six am?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So then day of the concept they did the same thing. Yeah, they were outside at six point twenty first in line. No, rage's gonna say you.
Speaker 2: Watched that would be first in line?
Speaker 1: You'd think, so twelve hours before the doors and have.
Speaker 3: No disrespect to the artist because he is obviously huge in his own right, but I have no idea who he is. So therefore, you know, like let's just put it in a Taylor Swift category. Like, of course there's people are going to be there before you, but how early do you have to get there to be the first one?
Speaker 2: In life?
Speaker 1: They were number twenty three and twenty four.
Speaker 2: Are yet numbers?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, yeah, I've never done this either. So when you were like, before you have that, I'm the same way with music. I will go to see someone, but I'm like, oh, I'm not getting there early, Like I don't mind where we're sitting or standing. But I'm not going early to line up to then stand inside a stadium for another few hours and then so yeah, that's where I come from.
Speaker 1: And I prefer to be seated in a seat anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They want to be standing, they want to be at the front. You want to be dancing, they want to be You never need a rich I remember saying to the girls like, oh, I'd love to be in a box. They're like, we would hate to be at a box. You're nowhere near the hartist or the stage.
Speaker 3: I don't have that in me though, to be up the front and being pushed and being pushed and being touched and being pushed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't want to be at the front. Too busy, too many people for yeah, two people, too much? Yeah, and then you can't get out at the end if you.
Speaker 2: Need to, like like, what if you need to eat, you lose your spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is what happened to think. That's what I said to the girls. I was like, you need to eat, like you're there for twelve hours.
Speaker 2: You need to have.
Speaker 1: Lunch, you need to have some sort of dinner. You need to be drinking water. But what they were doing is. They would take it in turns, so one of them would stay in the line, the other one would go to the shop and get water. Okay, So they worked it out and then when the doors opened they went in. They were like, obviously twenty three and twenty four. So they walk in and they realized that there's not very many other people there and they get straight to the front and they are so excited. Rach they still had to wait until eight pm for Phineas to actually come on. They would then stood there in that spot for another two hours, and they wanted to buy merch, so Amelia stayed at the front. She said, Mom, I just put my leg out so that nobody can stand there. And Holly went and got the merch that they wanted and came back. Everyone's happy. I was like, that is insane. You know what's coming up Billie Eilish in February where they want to camp out two days before.
Speaker 2: How do we feel about this?
Speaker 1: I feel fine? Has said he will go with them and camp and camp for two days. He went, do you want to come? It will be an adventure and I thank.
Speaker 2: You you can adventure.
Speaker 1: Someone needs to look after the pets.
Speaker 3: Where is belly eilish like playing entertainment center at boondle. Yeah so less food, less water? Ye, less, So you're going to have to be that person? Or are they just going to eat for three days? No?
Speaker 1: Do you know what Day wants to do?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Take take an eski? No take what He's.
Speaker 1: Gonna hire a camper van?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't even put a camper van in a boondle. Where are you gonna put it? This is going to be crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Is the line a line of people or is the line a line of cars?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how it works. Jay's ideas to get a camper van, be on the side of the road, take it in turns to sleep.
Speaker 2: People just literally take like little swags and stuff. What about a swag? Can't you just roll out a swag?
Speaker 1: Well, they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've got swags. Our's barely get used. I mean until Sam takes the kids out camping. So maybe you could just use our swags?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Perfect, perfect? What about that. It's like a holiday for you. Yeah, you get a couple of days off of everything at school.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I can't be at school today because I'm camping out at Boon door waiting for billy Ard.
Speaker 3: Sorry I can't be at school tomorrow because I'm still waiting for Really Eilish. I love their dedication and I love that they are super like passionate about this because I think it really tells you something about your daughters. But I think it's also a really great reflective piece. So when they give you this, I don't know what to do. Oh, I can't do it. Bullshit in a bullshit card. You can do anything now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't need to pick here up from there. You are perfectly able to get on two buses.
Speaker 3: Billie Eilish in two days sitting on No thanks.
Speaker 1: People do it right. They've done the research. They know when people have to camp out.
Speaker 2: Kayla would be about to get in the front. Yeah, we've got their out before she started with two kids, little.
Speaker 1: Smaller Yeah thank god. I mean I didn't care about being at the front.
Speaker 2: Wanted to just be in a.
Speaker 1: Seat, sit down and be old. So anyway, Billie Eilish, Jay's camping out for two days. I have had that whole You're a bad mum. You're not going to do it for them. They're always going to remember the dad did. And then I have a moment of thinking about Jay in a camper van with a line of teenagers waiting for Billie Eilish for two days at Boon Door, and I'm like, yeah, no, I'm all right with mom.
Speaker 2: I'm okay. I do other things