Speaker 1: Never in doubt.
Speaker 2: Well aren't you walking a little taller? Have a look at you.
Speaker 1: Well, Matthew, if you.
Speaker 3: If you were solely responsible for getting a whole state up emotionally, you'd probably feel the same.
Speaker 2: As well done, braveheart, Well done to you. You did it at the Melbourne Storm. You used to do those inspirational speeches. They won a competition and look what you've done in game three.
Speaker 1: They said he couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Lo was and I'm glad that he put his ego to the side and he called in someone who controversially called me in to help freelance motivation.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a thing, brother, it is.
Speaker 3: And can I just say, who would have after all the controversy for the last six weeks, the selections, people saying Cam Murray had to start. We said it as well, and we said, I think we mean you said last week all of it, everything, the selection blunders, the interchange, none of it matters.
Speaker 1: If you just win the game.
Speaker 2: Now, he said, eliminate everything. If you actually just eliminate everything, and then even when it gets comes to the game, if you eliminate everything and just focus on the simplicity, play direct, play, just play nice. And straight and direct win the spirit of the play the ball, defend well, put Nathan into regular attack key positions, then you win. It's like you get there sometimes you guess you get gone at a big games when you want to cause an upset. Simplicity wins over complexity all the time. And that's the way when I'm really happy for Laurie as a bloke. He one of the one of the to his detriment, Laurie never saw he never promotes himself rare the coaches do. And oftentimes coaches nearly all coaches have got a journalist or too in their pocket, you know, who defends them and everything. The lots just go solo.
Speaker 3: And that's and they ate him apart like a different different stages during the year. There was you know, during the series, there was different parts where you could see that you know, like that it was almost like a carcass of a whale in the ocean and every shark come to have a little bit of a buye and I imagine it weighed on lads at some stages, but he'd be in the sheds right now, is we're recording this going you fucking beauty?
Speaker 2: Maybe well, the thinking about it is some of the some of the criticism you can critique without getting personal, you know, the interchanges. You may have an opinion. I maybe think he should go in, maybe he should play that way. You know, that's you know, for a journalist and formal players, that's your job. But what happens sometimes a lot of it started to get really personal and whatnot, and you know, he can't coach and he can't get the side up and that sort of stuff, and that's when it just gets personal. And for Laurie, I think this series. One of the things in this series was about basically getting the respect that deserved, the same respect he had as a player. And he's done that, all's well, that ends well, and it has and they are really good. He should be congratulated on game through the tough calls that he made, some calls that were surprising, some calls that were unpopular, you know, like sayingkeeping Tedesco, you know, saying now I'm going to hang in there. I'm going to keep him going, keeping Mitchell, Moses and the six as opposed Tousan strains those big ones. It became clear in the game and we spoke about going in about Nathan and we said, okay, he's gone with Mitchell. Even though Mitchell was really poor in that last game against Paramatta for paramatter and he against South Sidney's defensive roots, it was obviously still a fair way off being right. And everyone thought, okay, he's pluely stranger. When he kept Mitchell. We said, he's obviously spoke to Nathan. I don't know how yarn to him about what he wants. You do that with your best player, and Nathan's obviously gone for Moses. And you can see early what that was because Mitchell was doing the long kicking, Nathan was doing the attack kicks. That that was that combination. So it was a really good result. Simplicity the style of football. He should be congratulated on the style of football that was. We said going into it, they had to play more North South, a simpler style of football. Work hard and yard is get Nathan that in those positions. That's what they did. They played nice and direct. What how many times have we said it with Nathan? When does Nathan plays best football running when he's direct? Yeah, he runs the football. And when we interviewed him here, he said it's a discipline. He needs to remind himself off before every single game and when he starts to lose his way a little bit, as when he comes a little bit past happy, just has to drift a little sideways. Tonight, as soon as made first first time he had the football off his right foot, took him on.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Okay, he's on his game.
Speaker 3: Well, like we're going to go through some of the tries and you know the first half in a bit more detail. But you talk about being direct. I saw the first fifteen minutes of that game New South Wales very good skill base with the football, but they were going very sideways early, very sideways early, and you could see that they were going sideways because Queensland cover defense was stopping a lot of try scoring opportunities in the corner on Markey Mark and Jackie Bostock. But you saw the transition, like the example that you just said, Nathan gets it out in the back of shape and rather than shoveling to the sideline again, given Marky Mark a chance in that corner. Phils katewell over compensating trying to cover because the first fifteen minutes they've been spreading and wide, comes off his right foot direct straight back at Nitsi. Shorter scores the next try again, Nathan. Second try. They go to the edge, but rather than going wide, hits Martin who just a bit of footwork and just brew strength, direct straight at Munster one on one, mistackle, offload the critter and then Creator and Markey Mark. They did the rest, created a nice little flick past to Markie Mark one on one with his winger, comes back and a bit of a figi and touch football back inside.
Speaker 1: Nathan clear it. All of New South Wales tries. You go back through all of them.
Speaker 3: They weren't you know, they weren't off shape getting it to the edge like we saw probably a game one and two, a lot of them were.
Speaker 1: It was almost first fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Hit the edge, hit the as expansive, make the work, make a move and then channel all of our attack into direct football.
Speaker 2: Play through them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, play they did.
Speaker 2: They play through the Yeah. Kevin ra Murray's try it was the third try, Yeah, Ken Murray so simple being footwork direct. What did we say last week? How thick is a defense line one man one man? When you play sideways, okay, you're skimming across and you're dealing with different factors dealing with two or three blokes come coming in, some coming out, whatnot. When you play nice and direct and new, challenge someone who's in front of you, especially if they're bigger and a little tired, that's that's the most dangerous attack. And that's how they played people.
Speaker 3: I think people people early like teams can fall in love with like big set plays and wanted to score in the corner and I think somewhat fans want to see that as well. But there is in Queensland do it well narrowing your focus into how can we get a one on one anytime we can get a one on one like Nathan clearly one one with Kate Well breaks one tackle scores, Martin one on one with Munster breaks the tackle scores, Murray one on one. I think it might have been on Plath or someone close to the line and we score like it's it's so simple. But what a one on one does is it gives you a try scoring opportunity or one on one tackle. Quick play the ball and that's when you're going to and.
Speaker 2: Coop offloads right shit offloads offloads that basically put pressure on your own team cause errors what they come from is people who run to the line thinking offloat. Great offloads are from people who power onto the football looking to play through an opposition that produces the best offloads. Right everything thinking about playing through and talking about playing through. I thought about the first fifteen minutes, COSI winning the speed of the play of the ball, winning the battle of the yardage. One run simplicity, one run turned turned the game. Jack Boss stop took a ball, went straight between two defenders, penetrated them about five meters, got up, play the ball quick or ceased again. The game's won. Yeah, on that simple little thing. Go back on what's the game? I'll tell you people, Go back and watch the game Jack Boss stocks run where he went between two defenders. Watched the whole game swing off that simple run.
Speaker 3: They were all over us like early we could not get it. Obviously we received kick off. They bashed us. Mitch Moses kicking game was the only thing that was getting us half decent field position. But Hudson Young penalty. Queensland went down. They had a good attacking set, but new so Wals were really on defensively turned them away. But like you said, the Jack Boss Stock run and what I love about his carry out of the backfield because he's not a known out of the backfield like where you can skittle defenders. He's high hipped, but his mentality of and Billy Slady used to give this to a lot of the OB's at the Storm when you practice the outside backs out of the storm, when your practice coming out of the backfield, one change of direction, someone get up, get down, and that's what he did. He sort of caught on the out Jackie Bosta. You see him come off his left one of the Coeens and defenders just over compensated. Think he was going sideways. He got a clean one on one with someone got down, got up, and when you feel that pressure of a quick playable naturally, defense just want to grab a leg, grab something.
Speaker 1: And that's where we got the six. Again.
Speaker 3: We get downfield and for the next ten minutes New South Wales they didn't actually score, I don't think in that sense, but that was where they had field position.
Speaker 1: They started to just tie the Coeensland defense.
Speaker 2: Yep, you did, Coop and that's what you saw. And the other thing too, we spoke about coming into this game, do we jack what gave you confidence? Well, intuition, you know what you get. And I said sometimes you like, I'll tee you in now. People, if you listen to this or watching this, sometimes intuition is more important than information your whole life. You're gathering this information all the time and it just sits in your subconscious we call it gap field, but intuition. And sometimes you got to that, even though common sense tells you together the other way. You just got to back yourself, got to back your own intuition, you know, back your own gut feel. And if you look at this New South Wales side on paper, it's a stronger side. They just had to play to their ability. You had Tedesco, you know in the Senate's got Blake, you know, like Critter in the Senate's force. Then you've got Blake's like you've got Mitchell Moses and Nathan Clear and got Isaiah Yoh, You've got Cam Murray, you got Adam Vanua, Blake Paine who was enormous, pain Hass Hudson Hudson Young and Liam Martin. You look through that side, what happened through that side? You're going, mate, this is a really good, really great star studded side. They just had to work together and find the right formula and they found it.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the first I think we said it in the preview. Game one, they played a really strong second half. When calam Poe got sent off, they got lucky to get a win. Game two, really good start, first half, they were all over Queensland, but they had not put an eighty minute performance together. I don't even think tonight they put an eighty minute performance together. But for about sixty five minutes of that football game, they were the best.
Speaker 1: Team on the field and they get the win. Like, how did you see?
Speaker 3: Because everyone talks about, you know, New so Wales being the underdogs for once, I think all the media hammering New South Wales rather than actually building them up.
Speaker 1: We've always had the New s Wales. I've always had the.
Speaker 3: Media from both sides hype in them up. You know, they've got a great side on paperlight you just said, you know, Queens, they can't win, Queens then can't win. This is probably the first time that I can remember in a decider of recent note where it's actually New South Wales with the underdogs and nobody gave them a chance.
Speaker 1: Did you see Queen? Did you see anything in queens and body language that affected him in that you reckon.
Speaker 2: I mean it's one of the big things for state of origin Queensland Neal. He always win the battle of the narrative and they play on that underdog mentality. The last time, Laurie, you won a series, Josh Morris spoke to us, Why you know what was the narrative in that game? Will the New South Wales Bloke Blokes went in and said, Mabe, we're going to point to prove. When we went in Australian side that was seeing the Queensland sold we won test measures. We're going to point to prove here in this game. There's been hammered for game one. In game two, no one gave them a chance. Queensland are red hot favorites, but they're able to flip flip the narrative. Suddenly New South Wales are the underdogs, even though they got paying House Ada and Fanil Blake, Mitchell, Boss Nathan Cleary. They somehow with the underdog.
Speaker 3: It's bizarre because, like you said, ness Whalers aren't used to it. Queensland coming into this game, like although I tipped New South Wales and I'm a new South Waleshman. There was a lingering feeling behind that tip that that it was either we were going to win in a tight game or Queensland We're going to pummel us. Queensland We're going to pummel us into submission, and you just got the feeling that they were going to be really up for it. But I think the first ten minutes they played a really great style. Queensland a big moment for me. Look that was Munster did an early kick, must have did an early kick on a fourth tackle and they just absolutely teed off on New South Wales. It might have been the first set at their first set of the game.
Speaker 2: That was a very Coensland play.
Speaker 3: It was a fourth tackle kick four tackle and I think it was their first set and they just for the next ten minutes we were under the pump, completely under the pump, and we were sitting there and we went far out like this Queensland side is really under day.
Speaker 1: But like you said, that.
Speaker 3: Boss Stock one on one, it was like as soon as New South Wales wrestled some sort of momentum back yep. I don't know whether it was the battle of the narrative or whatever. Queensland really struggled to get back into the game.
Speaker 2: They did good, they did. They really struggled it once and two blokes we can really think for that big time was Payinhass. When Pain was on there first time, I was sort of you almost soon him used as an edge pack were almost He just played a little bit wider and got to got to those thirty ins quite a bit and terrorized him. And hadn't. I just think he's phenomenal player when he's on and in the mood and he's one of his first runs, he just went bang through. Nelie set up a try. You know when you got Pain Hasse and you got Adam Vanilla Blake and you've got Cam Murray playing he said before man come on.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, like you said, they were wider off the rock.
Speaker 3: And I love the tactic of that because when you're playing up against a big player with big leg speed, who if you let him get deep into the line without someone coming and putting inside pressure on taking their legs first, they can run right.
Speaker 1: And they did it really.
Speaker 3: They contained for nol Blake and Painnhause really well game two.
Speaker 1: But I love the game plan.
Speaker 3: Of Rehees Robson did a really good job of just distributing early but give it a really wide, expansive passes.
Speaker 4: And was that that early in the game. One of the commentators said, like, I think it might have been. Joey actually said that it was like throwing him like a bullet mate.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was just it was, you know, remind me of it reminded me of how Danny Badeiris used to play for Newcastle, because I remember Joey they had a call and we'd love the footy about fifteen meters wide from the ruck catching on the out and Bedsy just hit me early, so no one they can't come and put inside pressure on me. I can get deep in the line and use my footwork.
Speaker 2: That's what Joey would do. Joey would stand wide and let Bessy would throw the ball and Joey get it on the mountain line, straight in front of his target.
Speaker 3: And it was but it was like they use that for their big man today, pain Hals for noll Blake. You can't buy that with the markers can't come and get their leaks, they can't push them sideways. It just allows them clean and you can just go wind up one on one and just wind straight into the defensive line and you saw my favorite I think it was my favorite passage of play in that first half New South Wales. It showed that Nathan. It was before Nathan's try, I believe before Nathan's second try. Nathan sort of got a half We played the ball, took him on with footwork again, got a quick play the ball.
Speaker 1: Off that quick play the ball, usually.
Speaker 3: They'd hit an edge, but they didn't. They hit pain halfs wide again.
Speaker 1: Like we just said, he.
Speaker 3: Wound right up straight in the defensive line, skindled a few, got an offload to Robson, he went back. I think he went to Moses and Moses just fired it straight away oft and offload the key principal in attack in terms of getting a bit of backyard footy, ad lib footy, get it to your spine man and then just let them rip it straight to your strike and he just ripped it straight to Bradman Best. Yeah, that was a bit where Bradman Best sort of fended off on, got one, passed it inside the Hudson Young Hudson dropped it and he got whacked in the back by Harry Grant. Yeah, but that was when you went, this is some really good Like we've criticized New South Wales on their ability to play two structured game one and two. Yes, but that game plan there, Nathan running off the back of that painhass offload find a center, it was really good backyard football.
Speaker 2: It was it was the player they backed themselves to play more instinctive, reactive game Jack, you played with Bradman? Yeah, what is it about him? He gets on that big stage in those big games, he's.
Speaker 4: Going through specialists. I think he's running couple of deciders now come and not played previous games in that same series. He's Yeah, he seems like he's just made for Erogen. Like everyone's seen that footage of him when he played in that under eighteen under sixteens it might have been.
Speaker 1: Under under eighteen's him and Albert Hopwadi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he went the length and then from there, like he's always been touted as this because he's still young like people people.
Speaker 3: Five's two years Brady's two years under me. Yeah, twenty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so he's he's got along, He's got a fair career to go, buddy, But have you seen him, Like I said, it to you when he got in the that later try in the second half, when he was in the open and even though he had KP on his tails, I said to you, he's gone gone because I've seen Bradman get in space and I've rarely ever seen someone getting one on one.
Speaker 2: Let's see that run on that left hand side. But he gets away.
Speaker 4: He's so like he's he's got like NFL feet, Like have you seen that? Like his feet he gets his feet off and up off the ground so quick.
Speaker 2: See that, like shut up steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's let's go forward to that try for a second. Right, let's go because we're jetting forward a little bit, but it was in the second half. We go forward, then we can go back a little bit. But that was probably the most controversial call of the night because I remember at the time I said, Bradman get almost get tackled by KP.
Speaker 1: So they can't review it. And when we went back.
Speaker 3: By all money the commentator saw it. We thought it had hit Jojo Fafieda and then bounced past Boss Stock's hand had gone forward, but for whatever reason, apparently it didnt. Apparently they had a camera angle in the in the corner post.
Speaker 2: On the corner post and said that he missed it. So by all means you take your breaks.
Speaker 3: We've had enough tough calls in our times just so well, so when I understand it, I do feel for Queensland because I do like to see the game what's somewhat not be ruined by any controversy.
Speaker 1: You'll give them an excuse to blame. But how did you see? How did you see it?
Speaker 2: When you watch the when you watch the I think like everyone, I think everyone when they saw it, they went, ah, well the commentator said, oh no, it's Jack's hand going to go back. And then I went to the fridge.
Speaker 4: Yeah you did.
Speaker 2: You left the roof for us to get a carrot for some reason.
Speaker 1: Well they good for your eyesight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently you probably needed it to be fair. Yeah right, and then try confirmed, Oh well we'll take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it was.
Speaker 2: And then the other one with the high kick, we're totally let a bounce and uh Toyer scored. Then mate, it was just then suddenly not was Max Bloath just like half a step off side.
Speaker 3: I now that's an age old rule where it's and everybody everybody who's played junior footy knows, you know almost the first thing you coach teachers from under six is is you know you stay on no matter what, you stay on side, you get two feet behind your kicker.
Speaker 1: Like that's that's discipline.
Speaker 3: And I understand Plath he was in front of him by he was definitely off side. But you look at some of you look at the inside ten rule and although and I actually put my hand up as I think Toya scores it either way, like whether plas there or not, he doesn't. He doesn't impact Tollu getting there. He doesn't impact the ball bounce in that direction. But I mean the letter of the law, whether it was new I was doing it or not, I'd cut that under chin just based on that fact when you are like you are taught that from day one. Whether it's it's an unfair rule potentially, but it is the letter of the law.
Speaker 1: You've got to stay behind the kicking.
Speaker 2: Look, it's not an unfair rule. It is the rule. You gotta stand behind the kicker. And if Max thought he was maybe touch and go, you know, he should have just become you know, passive and just put himself out of it, just dawdled and kept out of play it would have been a try. But some of the players like some of the changes taught me. We made well. A lot of the people are going into the game. Our blokes came as advertised, like Lea Martin went after Munster again as advertised.
Speaker 1: But you were bit You were big on like straight off the game too.
Speaker 3: You said you need to go back to some old heads and.
Speaker 1: They didn't go. They didn't bring back all the ones that you had said.
Speaker 3: But you were pretty bullish on Leam Martin. Who Marto hasn't been playing his best at club Formy. He's still probably getting back to fitness coming back from that injury. How did you see his performance tonight?
Speaker 2: Enormous? There was a there was a moment, there was it in the first half Queensland had a little bit of decent run and I forget there was a bit of broken play and then someone took the ball up and Liam Martin just hit him with everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was one in the second that he got knocked out. There was one in the second half. I know where he came in and then got went to market two times in a row.
Speaker 2: He was just going ballistic and when and when a monster monster wented it again.
Speaker 1: Oh, you are right.
Speaker 2: It was the first half, yes, the first half. But Munster. You know what he did again with Munster, did he really get a Muster's head? Well, you know, maybe not, but he was just it was just a little annoyance that Munster had to had to deal with throughout the game.
Speaker 3: As you okay, as a half matth year and I had this opinion on as a half and I think you all have the exact same. Probably the only player in an opposition as a half that can really get you off your game in defense and attack is a back roller. The one person on the field who scares a half because they're constantly winding up on you. And as soon as you get the ball, they're the ones that come and put the pressure on you. They're the ones that are name dropping you. You know, monsters getting the ball, must geting the ball is a back roller. Nobody can just scruntle a half like a back roll.
Speaker 2: And sometimes when you're operating from a sort of far past, you'll hit a bloke short and the red and the edge back row will make that tackle. Then you rip around the same way and the edge back rower as a marker and that's where they hit your blind sometimes. Like it was the like we said coming to the game, it's the way game way, Graham Cooper, Krokh he just in that two thousand and yeah, they were in twenty sixteen sixteen season. He just terrorized in that whole year, just kept hitting blindly, you know, sideways in the back. It does. And Hudson Young said he was going to go after to see him, see him walk got him a couple of times. Yeah, just got into his head. It wasn't They allowed him to play too comfortable the first two games. And thirdly, Critter you know, he said, well he's a must because defensively he gives everyone confidence around it. He's a very good communicator. It was a really good battle in the first half. Critter early on went up and did a great decision you had to go out or in, and great decision to hit Kirk cap Well outside him. It was a ripper. Not long after that he went up and Monster was looking to push. They had numbers, but just Critter went up just enough to have enough presence the Monster held onto it. That's experience.
Speaker 1: I like, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: There you flagged that because that that edge which was the target edge of Kalampong had been coming out most of game one and two. The people people might say a lot of coaches don't encourage players to get up in front of their inside nd and go, well, we'll stay and work together push them to the sideline. But the worst thing that can happen to you as a half is literally you're looking forward. You're looking forward, you go to play out the back to a Kaylen Pongo who's there. But then last minute you see that center who's worked really hard to get up in line.
Speaker 1: Speed just in your rear.
Speaker 3: You can just see him in the vision and it makes you just think if I hit him, it's a bit of a hospital pass, yes, and it just pushed monster off balance and he had to run where as you Game won and game two, they just kept giving Kaylen early ball on that sweep shape on that side. But having Creta there just in his presence, with his line speed and how long he is, it just put it just puts so much doubt in their attack.
Speaker 2: He's got present, he's got the reputation where I'll pick off intercepts and that spooks, that spooks spooks ballplayers. But he goes up what people watch him, excuse me, he goes up dead square and then he makes his decision late as opposed to making an early decision rush out, and he did get caught out once. They got him once. It was unusual because he'd been so good and the hammer try in the first half, if you have a look at that, he was just half a meter off and they got him. It was funny. It was a funny one. I just thought it was. It was unlike him.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about that try for se because that was sorry, just before you get to that trial. I was going to say in terms of you said, well's changes while we're on that still like the person. I think that was probably the ballsiest to go into this game from lass was probably Mitchell Moses. After the second game, people were saying strange and then if we don't, if you don't, if you remember Mitch's last NFL game he had you know that Paramotunta had that sort of that not very good loss, and people were just calling pretty well, called for his head.
Speaker 1: Well he saw.
Speaker 3: I think Mitch's long kicking game was that was it was nearly the difference that first half, Like it got him out of a lot of trouble.
Speaker 2: And Mitch's swagger. You know, he's the sort of guy that you're back to go there and swagger into sun Corps Stadium and win. He's got that, he's got that sort of confidence.
Speaker 3: Going back to that Hammer, try that because that was where New South Wales they're ad nil up, probably five minutes left. I got to command the Hammer that they were out on their feet coins and clear down thet I think Monster Sammy Walker put up a bomb of Mark n wangan need and the Hammer the only bloke that chased it, forced Anario out of Markey. Mark got him into that field position. He ends up being the one that Calyn gives him a one on one with Cruiter out the back, uses his speed and footwork, gets on the outside and his scores the trial. I thought Hammer in a losing side. I thought Hammer was really really strong.
Speaker 2: Jessey scores some important tries. Best players on the field I mean Nathan obviously Nathan Mate found the perfect balance between steering the ship, finding the right kicks at the right time and playing aggressive and running the football. Found the right balance. Leam Mart was really good. He did what he promise to do. He harassed him, and he just brought that old head and experience. He just got really stuck in them other ones. Tedesco was good in the first half till he got knocked out. That was that was a tough one.
Speaker 3: Can Can we talk about the Tedesco knockout for a second. So Teddy obviously gets knocked out, Uh, pretty bad. One little head knocked from a little headbut from Britain a corps as he sort of come unintentional obviously, Toler Kohler goes to the back. They didn't really have a lot of fullback coverage on the bench like like Queensland would have had with while she on the bench there, I thought Toler was still strong in there. Apart from there was that one where he didn't get the ball on the fall, which.
Speaker 1: Was ultimately brought back for the plath.
Speaker 3: But when Teddy gets knocked out, how you feeling do you think? How did you see new Sobel's chances going from there?
Speaker 2: Oh? I just thought we're playing I just thought we're playing really well. And I thought that, and and Tyler has been so good, you know, he's been so good this series. It was funny if you go back and watch it when he got up off the bench. He just the way he held himself and one of the players sort of slapped him on the back. That gave me confidence, I thought himself, I think we're going to be right with this bloke.
Speaker 3: Because it's literally it's a huge moment and it's probably the turning point of Queensland come back and win because they go into the they're going into the half eighteen to four. They just get a try rapefore half time with the Hamiso Tabii fido and then we lose James Tedesco and got not a specialist fullback out there, but somebody who can definitely cover the full back.
Speaker 1: Position as a New South Welshman.
Speaker 3: As a decider at sun Court, you just got the feeling this second half Queensland are going to come out and like we couldn't. You just couldn't count on being eighteen four going into a half time because you'd seen this narrative one hundred times.
Speaker 1: They start a little bit behind, all New South Walesman.
Speaker 3: Start to crack the champagne and then all of a sudden they come back. But first set of that second half, cap Well goes down the short side off kick off and.
Speaker 2: Drops it and the second set after the first, the first five minutes after halftime, they had two errors. It was unlike them. They took a little bit of the window of their sales. Yeah, it was you. And that's the second year in a row they've lost. That's the decider up there, second year in a row. Los can no imagine who did you coached last? Right? Was last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah they got We got beat last year by coins there.
Speaker 2: That's right. I'm sorry, Tom goes quick, that's right. But yeah, it's it's second time in three years that you know that he's been knocked off in that decider. Billy So who was it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they Jake Travrovich, I've.
Speaker 2: I've gotta apologize people on dead set just sick, crooked a dog. I'm not for six people. I'm a hard man.
Speaker 1: You are not, literally.
Speaker 3: It could be, but can we Also, I really liked that they had a bit of a They didn't have a plan for him because Sam Walker went off. But when Reese Walsh came on, we were saying that the whole time, like it was shades of that Broncos Final series last year. When he came up, they put him at six and you thought, has he gonna handle six. But it was almost like slats. He said to him, You said, you put it in a good way. It was like Billy sending it to him on the radio. Is about to come out. You get out there and you win us this game for Coueensland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a bullet agate when it come out.
Speaker 3: And every time we got the ball, we literally were on the Jesse's going fucking while she's on right now.
Speaker 2: You get the feeling, Yeah, he's about to hit a rich man at fall.
Speaker 1: I heard.
Speaker 4: I heard that it had been been wet weather up there at the moment and a few times where he found space if it was dry, a dry track. I thought to myself, Oh, he's away here, but it gets slipping. I was saying, oh, like because I ran the camera. Smith through the week was saying that queens and they've had lots of rain lately and it probably didn't suit them, you know what I mean, because usually they play on that lighter track up there.
Speaker 2: Well. Well, at one point it was like fantasy football because you had Sam Walker, Munster, Kaylon and Reese out.
Speaker 4: All and Harry Harry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all out of it.
Speaker 3: It was all out of and as soon as he come on, mate, he turned a lot of the game for him. It was he's kept a lot of momentum back every time I touched the ball. He was dangerous, but he helped set up with alongside Klein the cell and Cobbo little Gruber try in that corner with a little bit of luck, bit of pinball stuff going on. But it was almost to the fact where when Sam Walker come back on with a come back from his hia, we were sitting there going do you.
Speaker 1: Put Samy Walker back on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because they were combining really well.
Speaker 3: Of those three, he ended up didn't and he put while she back at full back, brought Kaalen off for a little spell, then put him back out through the ruck. But yeah, I mean it was a a It was a big call from Bill. I thought it was a really big call given that they were actually combining really really strongly out there together.
Speaker 2: That's fantastic, well done the New South Wales. Well do under Lorry on Laurier. I'll just say this is that my advice to Larry would be mate, go again. I'll tell you why I say that. It's because, like it's obvious in this third game, like he struggled to really find the right formula. How we want, you know, how do you want to do the interchange and the right players and the nu onces. It's obvious that the players want to win for him, and he's found the formula. You've done all the hard work, You've found what works. Now why walk away? Now?
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: I mean, I imagine the last five weeks has been somewhat torturous for him. This is such a reward for just soldiering through a pretty tough period in his life. I reckon, So, I don't know how much more. And maybe Los I remember when we had laws on he as he got announced in his coach he had a point to prove from Like it was almost like he just wanted to prove.
Speaker 1: To himself he could do it. So I don't know whether this seems like a long term thing for Loss.
Speaker 2: When it went to him, when they cut to him full time before Phil made he just looked Sam.
Speaker 3: He was running the cane through his two page, just going thank the lords, can we.
Speaker 2: I'm going to throw I'm not going to throw hairlines?
Speaker 1: Can we can we? Also?
Speaker 2: Like we had to give up the fight?
Speaker 3: It talked about Jackie Bostock as well, shout out to him on his debut. I thought he did a couple of like a couple of errors in his game.
Speaker 1: It was awesome, but he's mate, what a debut for a young fella.
Speaker 3: A big moment you said that one on won, but an even bigger moment. I think Harry put a nice little kick in the ingle. He was the only one back there beat four blokes gets out the Yeah. Yeah, I thought it was a really strong I mean, there's been some great stat of origin deboos and he probably isn't going to get a start amongst those, but I thought he was really.
Speaker 2: Strong and a lot of pressure on him. People were going, Jesus, you can't believe that Brian was dropped and they went with him again. Big decision from Laurie.
Speaker 3: It paid off and just before we think Nathan Cleary Wally lewis medallist two tries, you actually tipped him for.
Speaker 1: Two tries as well. I did shout out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a bit on the show. I did it on the podcast and on the show they went what's your prediction? And on the show, just mate, what was going to happen? They had this, They got something for me next Thursday night or Sunday night where I don't know what it is, but to dad, one of those things we put your hand in and they had it ready for me. And then what is it? I said? Nathan Cleary two tries? Why Nathan Cleary? Because he's ready for this game. He's up for this game and he plays his best football and he runs the football. And I must say when he went for his second try, some of the text best is coming through the boys gap. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So do I have to do something now or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think, yeah, absolutely, we're going to get those two blokes up again. And yet we're get whipped with the with the with the hit with the cord.
Speaker 1: Oh no, the electrical cord. It looks horrendous. What that is.
Speaker 3: I don't know why those I've met those blokes, Marty and Michael before, Why you choose to do that for a living, To just punish yourself is so beyond me.
Speaker 2: Every day getting up and saying today I'm going to get whipped.
Speaker 3: But I just want to say to Nathan, because he's he's a friend of the podcast, congratulations because he talk about low has been under pressure and people hammering him. People have hammered Nathan for quite a while. I bloke that one four Grand Finals in a row, a champion of the game. But he's probably been unlucky in some State of origin circumstances. Some games he hasn't played his best football. He'll be aware of that, but I think it's a great reward for hard work when he's actually his twentieth origin tonight as well.
Speaker 2: Wow, Yeah, that's that's crept up. So he's finished with it, and I'll do I'll finish with it. Just something I'll do my famous match I remember talk about all the time when Madge does this when you talk to Madge on something new. Yep, so just wrap.
Speaker 3: You actually introduced that on the Family podcast, which comes out on Friday.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll preview it here then.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you do this shout out of people at the end of the Family podcast on Friday.
Speaker 1: Dad does a great Madge impersonation.
Speaker 2: When ID is interviewed and he agrees what the interview is asking. He likes it. He does this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'll ask you as though you're in a press conference and I'm asking about New South Wales.
Speaker 1: Madge.
Speaker 3: Obviously you you know you coached New South Wales not too long ago, to the side up at some court to see them win it tonight. It must be pretty satisfying for a former Blues coach. And and how do you feel towards Lourie and the Blues team at the moment.
Speaker 1: You idiot shadow of the Blue.
Speaker 3: He went in camp too, Hey, everyone call in sick to work tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah,