Speaker 1: Appota production.
Speaker 2: When did you think that you were going to start this? I just did you just all sit down in the house.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: I think one day I did a video years like now, twenty fifteen, just just random. I left someone, I left hospital. I went remember one I went and saw my uncle in law and then I pulled over on the side of the road led someone through and they didn't give me a thank you wave. And I just did a video and then about a rant about knowing someone this person to give me a thank you wave, and it got a little bit of traction online and it was it was weird. And then I remember going over to the car and saying, hey, man, I did this video. I want to do more of them. Let's let's get together and let's do a video in the car together. And then it was us two and another friend of ours who didn't say anything in the videos, who was part of SUMAN got to start, and then we just started editing. We pressed record. We went for a drive one day, we put the camera the phone on the dashboard and just drove and did some funny ship and then edited it together and put it out. And then Andrew saw it and was like, that's great, that's just funny boys. And and Andrew and I have been friends. We will be mates, no, but the family has been friends for thirty years. And then we went to school together in the same year and everything, so we were very close. But then again is what we're saying. Before when we were fifteen, Carlo was twelve, So there's that three year gap.
Speaker 5: You know, he was there.
Speaker 3: I always say when when they were having their first blank I was playing with Ninja Turtis.
Speaker 5: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, that gap when I'm eleven, I haven't found my anatomy yet, and yes, all over.
Speaker 5: The place, I still.
Speaker 4: So you know, so we know. So Andrew was. We always had a great laugh with him, and then he wrote saying that's is funny ship and then Color said he why did you come and do one with us? And then the rest is history. We just started doing these videos together and had a ball doing it.
Speaker 3: That's what That's what it was all about. We just we were at the start. I was running a business, Andrews running a business.
Speaker 2: Here was in seven hard to get him because I look at these two and they because the brothers and all like that.
Speaker 1: But your what work you were doing.
Speaker 4: Did you find it like.
Speaker 5: The roles have evolved over time?
Speaker 6: In the beginning, I didn't do as much as sort of secondary so with it up with with another another guy that was in yeahs.
Speaker 5: As time went on, it sort of just evolved into they just picked you to be the woman, and it.
Speaker 1: Like you need to.
Speaker 5: It was isy to be Look was it fun together? So I didn't find that part hard. And when we went to the crowd and started performing in front of people, that that that e alution. That was a bit more.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the very first show. I remember our very first show which we all just dove into the deep end. We did a show with Nick Janopolis to the wog Boy and and we had a crowd of about nine hundred people, very first time out in front of an audience to do these jokes, and he was only you were pacing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was the first one and I the first lines on stage, and jeez, I remember it was about eight hundred and one, nine undred people, the first time ever, never been in front of a crowd of people, never performed in front of a crewadi people.
Speaker 5: I mean we did a couple of bits and pieces.
Speaker 6: We used to sing with a bit of a group younger, but oh yeah, that was just small time when you're done teenager, you know, So that was that was it was nerve wracking, but you know, it's it's it's it's a simple swim when you're on stage. And we all we all took it on board and and after we went, I think we were caught on pretty quick, say with color as well.
Speaker 4: Like I always say, like I was, like I said, I was sang in a band, nothing big, but it was audience band.
Speaker 1: You're used to.
Speaker 4: Sing in front of people and talking in front of people. Well, this was a different beast because you had to be funny and make sure he delivered your lines and make sure he didn't suck up your your your your mate on stage, you know, like you don't fuck up a line for him. So it was that was the first time for that, so there was nervous for that. But these guys, and they've never done anything before, they fucking killed it, you know what I mean. Like it was it's very scary.
Speaker 1: You know, it's around of our time that you didn't think that you'd get a laugh?
Speaker 4: What's that.
Speaker 5: You stage?
Speaker 1: Would you think that was there? Only nervous gone through like what if you don't like, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: You like when just look at that now, Yeah, when you first do when when you write a show is because we've done a couple now you know, we're we've we've got a couple of down bounds. But when you write it and you go out to the first audience, that's that's the nerve wracking parts, like are they going to laugh? Where are they going to laugh? And learning this Sometimes they laugh in a spot that you don't even expect. You're like, oh shit, So you's a.
Speaker 2: Lot of it's from because they can relate to what you're doing, you know what I mean, Like a lot of the stuff that you do is like I remember seeing like when I first came over here did yeah. Yeah, that's what's so funny about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true. The when we do a show because of the way the show set out, two hour show and it's it's sketch baced and you can't go to you know, the comics lounge and just jump on the mic and do some jokes to see if it works, like a lot of these stand up comedians do. So when we do a show, the first time we do it is the first time we do it, Yeah, you know what I mean. So it's pretty much a two hour show, and then you might strip it back a couple a few jokes don't work, or just rejigg it or try and say it differently, or put something else in there, and then hopefully by the second or third one and you've got your traps in saying that by the fortieth show. Sometimes you say something you're like, fuck, I wish I did that.
Speaker 3: You were always finding ad libbing stuff, and you know, like you find something on the last show, you're like, cheers, I could have got that laugh for the whole forty or fifty shows that we did.
Speaker 1: All your kids who used to frames behind that all together, but me, no, no, we.
Speaker 5: All do.
Speaker 4: We all have like just an idea or whatever.
Speaker 3: We throw it in there and then we just like you know, when it comes to shooting it, we'll get there and we'll be like.
Speaker 4: Oh, how, but we do it. It's all freestyle a lot of it. We don't really write it or anything.
Speaker 5: In the old days.
Speaker 4: When I said the old day, that's for the video three or four years ago. For the videos we used to when we used to do one liners for each dad, we'd alsort of write our own one liners down, but we're talking about the topics. So for example, we're going to do a concrete video, a concrete video that we did, and we already wrote our own little lines down about what your character is going to say. And then when you're there and Andre says something and I go, oh, yeah, I'm going to say this now too, So then you just jump on top of that. Now with the new style of videos that we're doing with the dads, either like with video, we just put out your dad cut in the lawn. It in the Sunday morning. We mum making too much noises said to the other. We just sort of put it on a WhatsApp, let's do this today, and then we run around with it.
Speaker 6: It's kind of like live directing. Yeah, it just had no ideas. I will just start there and then he'll say, nowhy don't you just push that? Yeah, okay, do that and.
Speaker 5: Say it like this, and then it just all comes together.
Speaker 4: And I think that's why when we do anything with a crew, like we just shot something for a streamer, they just can't believe how quick we work because because we've been doing it like this for so long, so we just sort of wait and then we get up and go bang, and I go, oh, fuck, I have to another one.
Speaker 3: We did this part that was like freestyle, and they'll come they're freaking out. They're like, hey, guys, do you need a little bit more time and do we need to set everything up? And we're like, just just shoot it, shut up, just shut up and shoot the thing. Like and we were there and we were just like, you know, saying what we have to say and then ad libbing a little bit, and then they're looking at us like what's going on. We're like, this is what we It's what we've done for like seven years. You know, we've had an iPhone in front of us, and we just we've sort of learned the craft that way.
Speaker 4: We cut so much material because we're in a car and we'll have a guest and we'll say, just fine, just someone has we got to start question and the end question. The rest we can feel and I'm like, nah, it'd be good if we can have questions. Questions, questions, questions, questions. Right, we asked all those questions. But then the rest of it was so funny because the characters just take over and do this, and do that, and say this and then say that, and that leads to this, and that leads to that, and that's just how we've done.
Speaker 2: I'm actually going to ask you about the characters Johnny Vincent, Sam, how did you call up them?
Speaker 1: Was it just like you know, like normal and of like that you've seen in the pastor from family people.
Speaker 4: My character, Johnny character is is like a couple of my dad's ones, my dad's sort of uncle, my godfather, and a blend of just you know, Charlie, there's a couple of just people that I've were around me when I was a kid, my dad's friends or relatives, you know. My my mom character is my more a little bit like my grandma's loud, his big, she was big, she was bearing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's my ones.
Speaker 6: The boys, my my my ethic dad. Sam, He's he looks like I based his look on one of my uncles. He don't tell him that you want money for that Uncle Nick actually a little bit. But as far as his personality, it's it's a mixture of all my uncles and all all that that the O G type bogs that I've met over the years, from the social clubs to like his dad, but everyone's mixed in him and same with same with Angela, my my ethnic mum. She's got revernence of my mum and her but really she's just anybody's mom. But I've met over the years and you sort of will mash it together.
Speaker 5: It's funny because even though.
Speaker 6: I was thinking about this earlier, today, for some reason, it's like I've learned to love all the characters like I love Vince. Vince has become his own things. From the beginning to now, Vince has become his own. When Karla does Vince, it's Vince. It's not Carl doing Vince. When he does Johnny, it's it's just Johnny.
Speaker 3: It's not strange.
Speaker 6: Joe doing Johnny. And same with my character. I've really learned to love the characters and portray them as authentically as we can.
Speaker 1: But when you do your characters, does it Sometimes you go home and yet you're still doing any Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you get stuck. Seriously, you get stuck in the matrix.
Speaker 1: And I look at you and I feel like you're just always in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something always in the Sometimes you get stuck.
Speaker 7: I look at you and I want to laugh a bad way. Don't not in a bad way, in a bad way. You know one of them faces, you know, like you got me to talk. Well, you're welcome to me.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: It's a big laugh with