Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 2: Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in.
Speaker 3: Hello Matthew, Hello Anna, where's your head out? How are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm very excited obviously it's a big week for us. Per Day is the firsday of our two million listens live show.
Speaker 1: Are you excited?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: We kick off the tour at the Corner Hotel on Thursday. Massive show plan for everyone.
Speaker 1: Massive.
Speaker 2: We have amazing guests. We have Sam and Izzy from Just the Girls. They have an amazing podcast, so we're going to interview them.
Speaker 3: They are hilarious. I can't wait for that.
Speaker 2: There's also a lot of tea that I've been seeing on influencer updates and I'm going to ask them about so hopefully it gets nice and juicy.
Speaker 1: We have some games planned.
Speaker 3: Right yes, so we're going to play Red Flag, Green Flags, so we're going to have the audience are going to have a red or green flag, and they're going to tell us what they think. So we'd like to hear from you guys.
Speaker 2: You know what's cute about that is Matt's mum is literally making our red flags and our green flags where our wear's your head out, Fams who.
Speaker 3: Are going to be at the show, shout out to Janine. She's working away at the kitchen table doing them as we speak.
Speaker 1: Can we help her? I feel bad, Yeah, I was.
Speaker 3: She brought up about like maybe actually buying the flags and not making them, So I'm going to look into that to make her life a little bit easier. But just paper and paddle pops. They don't have to be you know, they don't have to be sensational. Just as long as you can hold up the color of what you think.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a really fun game. I can't wait to play that with everyone there. There's a handful of tickets left. It's pretty much sold out, so if you would like to get tickets, this is your last chance.
Speaker 1: The link is in our show.
Speaker 3: Note also with calling out to you guys, what's the worst thing that has happened to you on a break. So you know, if you and your partner were probably your X now went on a break for a great amount of time, what happened to you? We want to know. So we're asking you guys, and we'll pick three lucky or unlucky people depends how you look at it, to come up on the stage and tell everyone their stories.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Also we want our Where's your head at fam to write in, So if you have a crazy story that happened on a break, maybe your ex, like cheated with your mom or your sister or something wild and crazy and juicy, send us a note on our Instagram page and that also will be part.
Speaker 1: Of the show. And then our live show that happens on Thursday will.
Speaker 2: Go live to our audience on Wednesday, so you'll still get to hear it even if you're not in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: But we want you there. So if you're in Melbourne, be there and come there. We'd love to meet you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of our live show, I was actually really sick for our very first ever live show that we did, and I was on antibiotics and I don't know if you can hear in my voice, but I have come down with a serious cold. I think it's from coming off the plane. I think I've caught something. Everyone was coughing around me, and now I'm just like, I feel like I'm dying.
Speaker 1: My lungs are burning.
Speaker 2: I went to the doctor and they gave me an inhaler that has steroids in it.
Speaker 3: So worked.
Speaker 1: Not really, It's been getting worse, honestly.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna do lots of you know, rest in the coming days so that I'm all fresh and ready for the show.
Speaker 3: Yes, We'll go home and rest down out. Do you know the last show was a year ago? Literally, it came up with my memories the other day.
Speaker 1: It feels like a lifetime ago.
Speaker 3: I reckon, it feels like yesterday. Do you reckon, Yeah, it feels like yesterday.
Speaker 1: I mean the splendor in the Grass show feels like, yes.
Speaker 3: That was the grand scheming things that genuinely was. It came off on my phone. You know how your phone gives you like a year ago, and I was like, fuck, I was like, that was literally a year ago to the day.
Speaker 2: It's so cool because like our audience has grown so much, and like the podcast has been shared with so many people, and the fact that we get to share that experience with even more of our where's your head at fam?
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be a good time.
Speaker 3: Hey, I'm so excited, so excited.
Speaker 1: Well, tell me about your week. What's been happening, What's been going on?
Speaker 3: Not a lot really. On the weekend, we had our NFL Fantasy Draft, so I drafted my team. I did quite well, not gonna lie. The main thing about this is this literally forms the next five to six months of my life, you know. So I have to pick this team, and this team has to do well. I can trade, but this team essentially has to do well. So it was a lot of pressure on Friday night over some beers with the boys at the pub, and I think I've done well. I think I've come out quite well.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like what I have honestly, no idea what you're saying. But I'm just like nodding, like yep, okay.
Speaker 3: So put it like what they do and they make tiktoks fun of it. I am making a fantasy team where you make fantasy points in a fantasy life and versing my mates off real players who played real games in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I like if it makes you happy then you know, if you seem.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it rules my life for the okay loser.
Speaker 1: No, as long as you're enjoying that well.
Speaker 2: I obviously have got home from Europe, did no exercise when I was away, and then I was I did a lot of hot girl hill climbs in Italy. You know, being in Italy is not as easy as it looks like. People don't post the big hills and stairs that you have to climb when you're there. It's like a big workout, like you need to be pretty fit to do that. But anyway, I hadn't gone to a proper gym class or pilates class for about three weeks, and in the midst of my jet lag, in the haze of my jet lag, I've accidentally booked an intermediate.
Speaker 1: Class for pilates.
Speaker 2: Intermedia is that's like the pious one, so they just have beginner or intermediate.
Speaker 3: There's no like, oh I was taking to the media, it's like middle.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I think it normally is.
Speaker 2: But in Media at the place I go this beginner and there's intermediate, and I have never done an intermediate class. Anyway, I've accidentally booked an intermediate class.
Speaker 1: I've joined the class.
Speaker 2: She's announced it to everyone, like, welcome to your intermediate class everyone, And I was like, are you.
Speaker 3: Strapped in and you can't go anywhere? And you're like fuck fuck fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was like do I walk out? Like what's what's the right thing to do?
Speaker 2: I was also starting to get a tickle in my throat, so I was like, I don't want a cough, and so I'm like worrying about the cough, and then I'm worrying about the fact that this is intermediate and like because there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Embarrassing them walking out halfway through the class. Yeah, it's like the walk of shame and everyone's like shame, shame, shame, shame throat. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was like what do I do? But then I was like, okay, it's fine, it's forty five minutes, Like I can do this right, hardest forty five minutes of my life. Every time I would stop, she was like, keep it going, no stopping.
Speaker 3: This is why I hate group fitness quass.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was humiliated. I was like, oh my god. So I was a shaky mess. I was shaking like a leaf. I was like doing these low lunges and both of my legs literally were uncontrollably shaking when I was walking out there after the class. When it was finally done, it felt like it went for like five hours. I literally my legs walking down the stairs of the building were like giving away on me.
Speaker 1: It was wild. And ever since.
Speaker 2: Then I have been in so much pain, so much so that I even went to the sauna. Because you always talk about how you go to the sauna for recovery, like you always talk about the sauna, But for me, it's just like, yeah, Matt goes to the sauna. But every day, never in my mind have I thought to myself, I'm gonna go to this sauna, like I'm gonna go out of my way at night to go to the sauna. I this week, I've gone out of my way.
Speaker 3: To go to this How good it is?
Speaker 2: I mean it was good. It's like it was like pretty relaxing. I mean you literally I can feel sweat like dripping out of my paws.
Speaker 1: Eventually by the end of the season, Je and Michael.
Speaker 3: And yours, right, Yeah, so you didn't have old guys spirching off conspiracy theories and all that.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine how irritating that must be for you.
Speaker 3: Like I feel like I have explains why I can.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what, now I understand why you got in a fight in your sauna a little bit better because it's so hot in there that all you want to do is just be in silence and in peace and just like do some nice, deep, warm breathing. I kind ofnot imagine if someone was talking shit, I would be like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 3: Back to that. Another the other day, a guy brought in a boom box and was playing it music yeah, and I just was like turn it down and think his mate said something and I said, bring headphones next time. I was like, turn it down and bring headphones, and they like walked out with it. It's like, that's not fucking what we're here to do. Given they did listen, they did on shuffle. My dopamine song that I'm listening to at the moment came on. It's an old one, money for.
Speaker 1: Nothing, Money for nothing. You want to play it money?
Speaker 3: It takes a while, yeah, but sorry, I said, put your headphones on, and I thought I was gonna get into another brawl. There are you not.
Speaker 1: Trying to like minimize these brawls.
Speaker 2: Maybe you need to go to a sauna that's got less people on it.
Speaker 3: By my own, I think I heard it on a movie. Michael Jordan, You're like it, trust me, it's an old eighties song.
Speaker 4: It's very eighties. It's very eighties Wait til kicks in, Okay.
Speaker 1: I feel like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like rush. That's like a workout song. Like you're like running and you're like no, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 3: Know, well correct me if I'm wrong. Anyone that knows that song. I'm pretty sure it was like in the eighties when like a music video started taking over because they're saying that you do a music they're pretty much insinuating that people have recorded a music video and they're still getting paid for it the royalties because it's being played and you're doing money for nothing and your checks for free. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look, it's not my vibe. I don't know what everyone else is thinking. That's not my vibe. It's music.
Speaker 2: But if that's yours, I mean I can see how it's a bit of a pump up vibe.
Speaker 1: So they played that in the sauna.
Speaker 3: So I was okay with that, and then when they started playing other garbage. I was like, come on, boys, get rid of it, like, come fuck off a sheriff of the sauna.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it fuck you know. I did I hear you say you want to buy your own sauna?
Speaker 3: Yes? I do, I really do. I was looking at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much are they?
Speaker 3: I was like, a ten grand? Sure you could just whack on together with a bit of wood and put a heat box in.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's how it works because I think they're infrared technology. How is your house hunt coming along, because if you're looking at a sauna, I think you need to actually get a house first.
Speaker 3: Well, no, further, I finally my accountants back from things so from Europe, so it's all going ahead. My taxi turns down my pre approval. I'm just like I said, cruising, nothing's coming maybe after the live tour. I'll keep looking.
Speaker 1: But so you're having a bit of a pause on the look right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my mom's going on. My mom asked me the other day, she was wh do you see yourself at Christmas time? So we're talking about it and I was like, oh, I mean thought of that and then she was like, well where, And I was like maybe here still, I'm not sure. I'm not really thought about anything in the future. I'm thinking about day to day at the moment, like, oh, hell get well, speaking about living with mum, I've obviously living there now for a couple of months. And I walked out the other day to go to my car, and my had rope around the He doesn't have a tree on his front lawn, so he's got this rope around my tree. He has a kid, So I was like, oh, maybe he's, you know, setting up another swing prieze kid. Get tire, yeah, tire? And then what's going on? And he's like, oh, And he looked at the back of his youth and I was just like, okay, what's in there? And I looked and Anna, there was a carcass of a deer that he had hunted in the back of his No, the back of the thing. Right, I'm okay with that sort of stuff. I get. I'm okay, Like I don't. I would never go shoot my own deer or go out of my way.
Speaker 1: I'm a dead deer in the back of his car.
Speaker 3: Well, long story short, he's hung it up on the tree and started skinning it on our front. Lord mind shut in a suburban court in the battle of a suburban court.
Speaker 1: Is that illegal?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure on the technic.
Speaker 2: That must be illegal, otherwise he would be fucking skinny animal's left front and center.
Speaker 1: That's so disturbing.
Speaker 3: Well, given that my mum and my sister are verth vegetarians.
Speaker 1: As well, did your mom take remove this immediately?
Speaker 3: My mom came out and laugh like, I mean, it's it's like, it is what it is? Like, Like, am I going to say? Wait?
Speaker 1: What is he eating it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He eats it. What's all the meat in the in the freezer? Yeah, he's He's made us homemade salami sticks. They're unbelievably nice from what he what he hunts in that like he legally like throws a hunt, So he does that, right, But where I'm not I wouldn't know up in like the ranges of Victoria off the top.
Speaker 1: Of the way.
Speaker 2: Are you saying, So there's a tree out the front of your house, not his house?
Speaker 1: So he hung it on your tree by.
Speaker 3: Its legs, it's hoofs down. It already makes you want to cry. Yeah, I'm not so about like, I'm not like that. Like a lot of people left told have like freaked out and that makes you want to cry, but I'm not really.
Speaker 2: I know it's hard because like it like, I am not a vegetarian, so therefore, like I should have more of an understanding of where the meat, the meat that I eat comes from. But I just totally have disconnected from that world. Like when I see even when I was in actually Greece, they had pigs on a spit because it was this festival and there was about six pigs all rotating and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: It's horrific.
Speaker 2: And Michael was like, well, you know we had baking for breakfast, babe, and I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, that like it is, like that is what it is, Like, yeah, it is free chain. Like I wished a day girl who get out when I would watch Shark Dockos and a shark would get a seal or something like that, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, but that's but that's so sad. I love this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but then the shark doesn't eat the sharks kids don't eat Like that's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't like sharks. I wouldn't mind. I know you love sharks.
Speaker 3: I love sharks.
Speaker 2: I actually went onto your Disney class the other day and all the Kardashians, all the Kardashians episodes out, I've like watched them all.
Speaker 1: And I saw that you were watching this Shark things. I actually put it on. It was actually really good.
Speaker 3: I like pouse it where I was. I started a new episode when sharks attack or when.
Speaker 2: Sharks attack, and it was like about these guys and Barron Bay who got like a fascinating it is pretty fascinating but also like deeply terrifying and also interesting because the guy on the show was talking about how they don't actually they always attack for a specific reason. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And I was in the sawna with actually two people that surf and they were saying, if you go out and surf, there's a nine percent chance that a shark has swung underneath you and like inquisitive of what you are, but you just don't know. They said, if you put a GoPro on the bottom of your board, the chances of you seeing Nah, yeah, they're around. They're always around. They are, They're always around. But on that a line attacking like a deer, does that wik you out as well? Or like.
Speaker 1: Lines are cute? I want to tell me how cute they are jest animal.
Speaker 2: I'm terrified of liones and there's and snakes, shark in.
Speaker 3: All of these a crock man, I want to go cage diving with sharks. I would love to.
Speaker 2: If we go to the Northern Territory for a live show one time, I'm going to force you into cage diving.
Speaker 3: We don't have to force me into nothing.
Speaker 2: Well you do it out of free wheel. Yeah, that's like my idea of torture. Like for me to do that, I would have to be like South Australia to the cage losing my mind.
Speaker 3: I would love to do that. I follow the page and like get like I love it. No, I would love to go cage.
Speaker 1: Diving with in South Australia. Did you say yeah?
Speaker 3: Sure there?
Speaker 2: See swimming with sharks is my worst nightmare. And you know when they swim with sharks in like w A, they go out like a tiny tiny boat and then put the cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to do that.
Speaker 2: Nah, people have been attacked when they go through with sharks Like that's just a no for me.
Speaker 3: I watch every shark maybe you could think of and that many times the cage like Plummet's forty seven meters down or open water cage dive like, but still I'd love to do it. They're movies.
Speaker 2: The only sharks that I would like to swim with are the whale sharks in Philippines. They look so majestic and they don't buy it and they don't kill and they look nice.
Speaker 1: I would probably need to do a bit more research to just double check on all of that information.
Speaker 2: I think I saw like a random TikTok about whale sharks and they're like, they look quite pe.
Speaker 3: On TikTok my for you. I get constant ones where they're just in murky water and they hit the water and a crocodile comes out. Oh I love it. I love that. Okay, on that, Anna, let's jump into our hot line.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nut.
Speaker 3: We can't get to the phone right now.
Speaker 2: But please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 3: Okay, So this hot line comes in from Zoey.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, longtime listener. I was just wondering if you could give me some advice on giving advice. Basically, it's been brought to my attention by a couple of my friends that for lack of a better word. I suck at giving advice. So when my friends are down, you know, down the dumps, not having a good day, I just can't find the right words to say. I'm just not good at consoling people. I'm not too sure why, but I really want to. I want to better myself and I want to be the person that my friends can turn to. But I just never can find the right words to say. I never want to say the wrong thing. Do you guys have any advice on how I can do better with that? Thanks guys, love the pod.
Speaker 1: Oh that makes me really sad for her.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I'm going to give Zoe some advice. I think that sometimes when people are down in the dumps or your friends are going through something, sometimes all you really need is a listing ear So taking the time to really just be there and listen and let your friends like I'm here for you. If you want to, then I'm here to listen. Sometimes you don't actually need to give advice, and listening is the best thing that you can do.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, if you don't know how to put into words, just maybe listen. God gave you two ears and one mouth, so listen. You want you to listen. Well, I got told that one day and here I am on a podcast, so I didn't listen to that. But I think as well, maybe walk in their shoes and think what you would do in that situation is probably the best way to give advice. Yeah, what what would like what would I do if I was them? And then that could give them some advice. I'm not sure you're they're your best friends. You'd know a lot about them, so you would know how they think and that, and they know the best way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like and if you see someone like let's just say, for instance, like Matt's sitting here and he's very sad, you know you can call that out, like you know, I can see that you're really sad and I'm really sorry that you're going through that. A simple line like that can go a long way. Or like it like you look like this has really upset you and you're quite angry about this, Like I'm here to support you, like you let me know what I can do to be there for you, and kind of just like maybe like throw it to them to direct you on how to help them.
Speaker 3: Good point, give give it back to them so they can tell you what to do. Yeah, and I one can read minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think like, you know, some people I have friends who maybe aren't the best with their words, but you know, they might be a great hugger and be able to, you know, if I'm really sad, you know, give me a.
Speaker 1: Nice hug and say I'm here.
Speaker 2: And as a friend, all you want when you're going through something is for someone to be there and to listen and to support you.
Speaker 3: I was thinking that. I was thinking, like, but maybe they might not be an affectionate type. So you've got to read it the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely read the room.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you if you're not able to vote, like verbalize or like help someone with your words, or like they don't want to have a hug, you know, just get them to direct you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good advice. Annah.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, that's all we have time for. As always, make sure you give us a five star review. We give out merch for those reviews, so make sure you send us a DM if you have given us one. And we can't wait to see you at our live show this Thursday in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: See you guys there.
Speaker 2: Then we'll be in Brisbane on the fourteenth and Sydney on the twenty first, so make sure you get your tickets and until next time, Bye bye