Speaker 1: Hi, Welcome to the Christy Cast live from the Compound. How are you loving the Ask Me Anything? Series? I, for one, am really enjoying it because maybe I'm a control freak, but I do not like my words being twisted in publications, and so for me to answer your questions directly is a real thrill because that's how human beings communicate.
Speaker 2: Am I right?
Speaker 1: You are locked and loaded on the Christy Cast for another episode of Ask Me Anything. You've asked me lots of questions. I've collated them all, I've printed them off because I'm a very old lady and I love my absoen and Rachel is joining us once again to.
Speaker 2: Be the facilitator, the moderator, if you will.
Speaker 3: Season's greetings, Chrisy.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Rachel. How do you do? How's Christmas shopping going?
Speaker 3: Oh? Look, mostly done? Mostly done. Do you know what I finally did this year? Mom won't listen to this before Christmas? Surely I finally got one of those ancestry things.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, so.
Speaker 3: She can do her bloods and find out who she is.
Speaker 2: That is a great gift.
Speaker 1: I do always say, as a little disclaimer, if you're going to kill someone. Though, if you've got that plan at some point in the future, don't do the ancestry dot com because then your DNA is on phone you'll be caught. Ah.
Speaker 2: Okay, hot tip.
Speaker 3: I don't think Mamasu's killing anyone. Okay, good, good with that. We chatted about it though. All right, time to jump into some ask me anythings again. Now let's start off with this one. J Phillips has asked, what are your top three yacht rock? Soide?
Speaker 1: Okay, so yocht rock is my favorite genre. Actually, look, I always say that I've got lots of favorite genres, but this is up in there. A lot of people don't know what yourt rock is, and in fact, I had to explain it to the Great Jane Hall last weekend. Your rock is your hauler notes. You're kind of cheesy white rock but soft. It's not deaf leopard, right, yeah, And I'll give you an idea of what would fit in there by giving you my top three. Number one What a Full Believes by the Doobie Brothers. Second song called Peg by Steely Dan.
Speaker 3: Is that where your child's name came from.
Speaker 1: It actually isn't. It isn't, but it is a great song and the sample in it appears, well, it's not a sample because that's the original, but de La Soul I know off the three Feet.
Speaker 2: Home Rising album, which is another favorite album of mine.
Speaker 1: The sample from that iconic song is from Peg by Steely Dan. And let's finish off with's thing that is My That is my third favorite, very hard like peaking Children.
Speaker 3: Wait, that is that Classters rock yoch rock ros.
Speaker 1: Specifically, and that is by Christopher Cross and go and listen to it right now.
Speaker 2: It's written by Peter Allen.
Speaker 3: That is a great song. It actually, it's one of those ones that gives me emotions and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: If you get up between the Moon and New York sheedy fabulous.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy, but it's too but it's true, but it's true.
Speaker 1: I've talked so much over the last few days that I'm losing my voice.
Speaker 2: Wash an idiot, What are we going to do with you?
Speaker 3: Well? This next question, way to throw it out there. Pebbles thirty nine, go, pebbles. What celebrity have you slept with?
Speaker 2: Absolutely none.
Speaker 1: I've slept with maybe six people my whole life, and I just made that number up. I know it's very very low and certainly none of them were a celebrity, none of whom are celebrity.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe this one will get you a little more exciting. Oh a bit hard Under the Color sixteen Sundays wants to know what is your favorite dessert?
Speaker 2: Great question At the moment, I'm on a Cremberlay hit.
Speaker 3: Have you made them?
Speaker 1: I had?
Speaker 3: How did they turn out?
Speaker 2: They were amazing and not that hard. I'll be honest.
Speaker 1: I thought it was going to be very, very, very difficult, and usually if I think something's going to be very difficult, I put it off. In this on this occasion for a Kremberli, I put it off for about eleven years.
Speaker 2: Because I wasn't confident that I could do it.
Speaker 1: And then I met you, Rachel, and you sorted me out with the gas for my Cremberley torch and I made it on Saturday and it was incredibly delicious and it had the crack and it was amazing, And I think a Cremberley is my favorite dessert.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: Now. Matt Trick Underscore thirteen wants to know Pittrick. If you're at a party, you're an attendee, what is your number one favorite party snack food.
Speaker 1: Well, this is very interesting because I am a party snack person, and I'm an entree person, and I'm an order of person.
Speaker 2: I'm a cannope person.
Speaker 1: I eat all the cannapees with gay abandon and any function, including at home, and I'm happy to skip out on the main completely. It's always too much of the same thing. I would rather if you've got you know what, do they say your stomach is the size of a fist? Fucking what it's not, by the way, just say you've got, you know, a bum bag sized stomach. Why would you fill that with just chicken and chips when you could have a volivon, a couple of twisties, a little pancake with salmon on it, and you know do you know what I mean? Yeah, that you could have thirty things, yes, instead of just one.
Speaker 3: As my dad would say, the horse douvers.
Speaker 1: The horse doovers, and also the finger food and I I'm not happy with the term finger food. I have used a company called one eight hundred finger.
Speaker 3: To want to party and they get wrong phone calls.
Speaker 1: I want to see if they exist. Well, I'm sure they get the right phone calls. I wonder how they have to deal with the wrong kind of questions. Yeah, yeah, would you say if they still exist one eight hundred finger and they are out of business.
Speaker 3: Their tagline should be we cater for middle aged women who like all right. Next on the list of ask me anythings, Nassy xox wants to know what sort of knickers do you wear? Is there go out nickers and stay home knickers?
Speaker 2: There used to be, but I've streamlined.
Speaker 1: I have only one type of knickers and they are from Kmart and they are sold in a pack of three, and that is all I wear. I threw out everything else, and only because they were disgusting. Like I have been known to wear nickers until you know the band is coming off and they're fraying and whatever. And I don't know why nickers are hard to A good pair of knickers is hard to find, and when I found it around with it. And I do that for several reasons. One, I know that I put my hand in the drawer and whatever I pick out is comfortable. I'm I got sick of putting on undies and then like they're riding up your crack and they're awful, right, And then I would forget to throw that pair of underpants out because I hate it and it hates me. So all the undies I wear are all comfortable and b when I'm sorting the washing straight away, I know what's what.
Speaker 2: They're my undies. And I do the same for socks.
Speaker 1: All of my socks are the same, and I never ever buy the same socks for my kids, so that I know where.
Speaker 3: Minor, do you ever wear odd socks?
Speaker 2: Yes? I do, and I can because all my socks are the same. Do you know what I mean? I don't feel different.
Speaker 3: No exactly, and you know different color on.
Speaker 2: The bottom under a pair of jeans? Bang? No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Back to the knickers question, what do you think is the key to a good pair of nickers? Is it a thick band? Does it seem free? Is it elastic around the butt?
Speaker 1: Great question, great question for me, and I believe that that is as individual as a fingerprint. However, for me, I like I struggled for years, is with my grandmother and mother's advice that it must be cotton on the gust, that it must be.
Speaker 2: Cotton, cotton, cotton.
Speaker 1: I would trash them because I'm a whole lot of women. I've got the hardest working underwear in Australia, all right. And if they are not all in one piece, indestructible, stretch everywhere NASA level control, then they look like something from the bottom of the bin within about two seconds. So that's me. They're all one piece. There's no stitching anywhere. They're stretchy everywhere. The band is connected to the underpants is connected to the gust that is connected everything. And full coverage. I like my whole ass covered. And they're quite high too.
Speaker 3: I love a high waist.
Speaker 1: How bad is it when the apron of excess flops out over the top of the the undies and you're like sticking your hand under your pants. Oh I hate that. I'll show you these came up ones. I reckon, you'll love it because you and I built the same way.
Speaker 2: You'll love them. I'm gonna I'm gonna get them for you. Sold.
Speaker 3: Bang, All right, we've got another one here. This one's from Christie Back. I missed the name of the pens that you were talking about, and I want a sixty pack straight away. Chrissy, you know that you love your pens in excess?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Christy pleased? To meet you, by the way, and I'm going to look up. I know that it is called the Tripless. And if you wondering, what the hell is you talking about? I love Stationary, my mom loves Stationary, and now I'm proud to say that my daughter Peg is third generation Stationary obsessed, thrilled, and Peg bought before my birthday a thirty pack of fine Liners. They are the most wonderful thing that has happened to me this year. And Christy, they are called the Stettler. However you pronounce that, that's how I pronounce it. St a e d t l e R. The Stettler tripless pen Tripless is the word. You're after fine liners and a pack of sixty. They'll see you out. As my grand used to say.
Speaker 3: So this is from Alexander Panda. Oh high, name what smash Hits poster adorned your bedroom wall as a teenager?
Speaker 2: Great question? Was smash Hits around when you were a kid?
Speaker 1: Rachel?
Speaker 2: Great? Okay, fantastic? So I loved the posters.
Speaker 1: It was like the most amazing thing that you would get for free. You would go straight to where the magazine would naturally open to see who you got. And I would absolutely put them up because these days I would have them laminated first, but I never did anyway. On the back of my door was actually a poster of Bross but it wasn't from Smash Hits. It was a limited edition addition to the vinyl album. So Craig Logan and Matt Goss and Luke Goss where they're in all their white shirt LEVI five oh one, big chunky silver bell glory on the back of my.
Speaker 3: Dop Can we talk about posters on the back of the door, it's for a sec. Did you ever give them sneaky kisses?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, all the time?
Speaker 3: So can I confess to you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I had a poster of Leonardo DiCaprio a La Titanic year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I was very young, I was probably like nine or ten, and I put him on the back of the door and I used to kiss it because I thought that's what you do, you kiss good looking boys. Yeah, And the older I got, the more I realized it's because he looks like a sexy lesbian.
Speaker 1: He actually does Fitch, particularly in that film.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I was like, I think that's what my attraction was because he's very pretty.
Speaker 2: I love Leonardo DiCaprio too.
Speaker 3: I've always had a thing for blonde lesbians. Thank you, Leo.
Speaker 1: And then there you go, there you go the origins of sexuality with Rachel.
Speaker 3: I know that was my first kiss as well, thanks to Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 1: Well, there you have it. Are you getting the answers you require? Got a hope? So that's it for another episode of Ask Me Anything, the very special series Me and Rachel are putting together for you on the Chrissy Cast Live from the Compound. We'll be back with more as soon as I've had a little rest and a breather.