Speaker 1: Apparently forty four percent of Australians are expecting to have arguments with their family on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Do not be in the forty four percent.
Speaker 1: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 2: Good morning and Marry Christmas.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas to you, Anna and to all, a good night, good night, good morning. That's the saying that they say, isn't it first, Merry Christmas to all and all good nights?
Speaker 1: Oh well, here we are learning something new on Christmas morning.
Speaker 2: Matt, you are.
Speaker 1: Wearing your Christmas sweater. I would not expect anything less from you.
Speaker 3: This is a brand new one I got, so we actually have. I bought a couple this year, but on Aesos and they came. I ordered two XL and it literally looked like a crop top on me. Actually, you should have seen my middrift. You couldn't handle it. So I had to run out quickly and we bought a bunch more.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's so bad?
Speaker 1: In July, we did a Christmas in July when we went to Tasmania with all of our friends and I was in charge of buying all of the Christmas jumpers and I bought them from top Man and I am still to this day waiting for these jumpers to arrive.
Speaker 2: Oh no way, literally, And I.
Speaker 1: Feel bad because I've taken people's like it was like forty dollars age and I still haven't come up with the goods.
Speaker 3: Have the tracking number one thing? Or not? Get the tracking number?
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly I need to email them because you've just reminded me so thank you, Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Kmart have a couple of good ones.
Speaker 1: I got me and Michael some matching Christmas pajamas from Kmart and they're actually quite cute.
Speaker 2: We need to actually put them on. We haven't wore them yet.
Speaker 3: You need to get your photo in front of the tree and do you want.
Speaker 2: To know with the bump?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And then next year you'll have a child there.
Speaker 2: I know we can do a little comparison.
Speaker 3: See where you come? Are you taking photos of your belly all the way along?
Speaker 1: I am trying to, but I've just been so nauseous and it's like some weeks I'm like I really could not be busy to do this.
Speaker 2: It's really hard, like especially when you're so nauseous all the time. But yes I am.
Speaker 1: That's my one of my New Year's resolutions. We do have a New Year's Resolution episode coming out on the first, so stay tuned for that with all about ins and outs.
Speaker 2: But yes, New Year's Resolution.
Speaker 1: Take more photos of the bump, Matt, what do you want for Christmas this year?
Speaker 3: I want just you know, for relaxed. There's nothing I don't There's nothing I want, like you know, I'm thirty years old now. Like my mum and my sister's We've got a group message and they're like, what do you want for Christmas? And I was like, honestly, like whatever, I'm not fast like I for Secret Santa with Tammy's family. I literally said socks. I know, I said in another episode previously, Jocks and Socks. I actually said socks.
Speaker 2: He's a simple man, Yeah, very simple.
Speaker 3: I only too much.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, you're not thirty, I'm close to. You're rounding yourself half.
Speaker 1: Nine.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Now say for the last year of your twenties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I shouldn't age myself, should I?
Speaker 2: You shouldn't age yourself. I'm thirty two. I'm not looking like aging myself to thirty three. Absolutely not eight. I'm twenty eight. What am I talking about?
Speaker 3: What do you want for Christmas?
Speaker 1: I think for Christmas? Probably nothing really for myself. Michael was in hospital with a little heart problem. I don't know if you would have seen that on my socials. He has something wrong with I don't know, something around the heart. It's not super serious hopefully, but we got him an Apple Watch so that he can monitor his heart. They do ECG's now, So that's like, that's the best Christmas present for me, knowing that Michael's okay, So I'm having a selfless.
Speaker 3: Cruisy Apple Watch. Not safe, but it helped your old man with his heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So my dad and my mum both were an Apple Watch and it actually found disrupted rhythm of the heart on my dad's and that's why he actually ended up going to the doctor and then yeah, he ended up going into heart surgery because of it.
Speaker 2: So in some ways, yet saved his life.
Speaker 3: So it's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's such a good tool. I mean, we're in an age where technology is so incredible and I hope everyone has received lots of cool technological gifts this Christmas.
Speaker 3: So what's your plan this Christmas? Anna? Where are you going? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: So we are spending Christmas with my parents on the morning of Christmas, and then at two o'clock we are heading to Michael's parents' house and spending time with their family and with little baby Sterling.
Speaker 2: He's so cute.
Speaker 1: He's too so I mean, Christmas is all about kids, right, and then obviously it's Michael and I's last Christmas as a two before we'd become three, So lots of big milestones and yeah, very excited.
Speaker 3: It's very exciting that this will be your last year.
Speaker 2: Tell me about your Christmas plans, Matt, Well.
Speaker 3: This I'm looking at not going down to Melbourne to see my family this year, which was I said I was going to. But I was explaining to you before that. When I was on the plane coming home from Finland, I was like, to Tammy, I've flown that much this year. I was like, I'm really just I'm exhausted from all the flying. Like it's I know, it sounds like like a first world problem. I understand that, but like when I'm going down to Melbourne every second week to do work and that like it gets it gets a lot, It gets tiring, and it's not the actual what I say to people, it's not the actual flying that's hard, Like on the plane, it's getting to the airport. It's the delayed.
Speaker 2: Flight, the transit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all that sort of stuff. It just becomes like, oh, it just takes so much out of a day, especially with the time now as well with the time difference. I know it sounds like a first for a problem, but like, yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 1: I think anyone who flies often would be able to sympathize with that. And I think even if you fly like mildly often, at some point in the year'll you get a bit over it, Like it is exhausting.
Speaker 3: It is. It's so exhausting. So my sisters have they're not upset, but they want to see me. So we're going to organize something. But yeah, Christmas Day Amy's hosting this year, so we're going around to Amy's house Lovely. It has a nice pool there, so we'll probably go on the pool if it's hot. It's been shitty weather up here literally looking outside now in Brisbane and it is pissing down rain.
Speaker 1: The weather is all over the place. I am about to head to NUSA. I think when this comes out, I will be a NOSA. Oh no, I won't be.
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 1: So we get back on at nine We get back at nine pm on Christmas Eve, worst flight time of all time?
Speaker 2: How bad is that?
Speaker 3: It's brutal.
Speaker 2: There's no room for delays, that's all I'm saying. There's no roote.
Speaker 3: I did it. I did a Christmas Morning one the last two years actually, and that one was as brutal as well. Like they it was delayed. Everyone was angry because they wanted to get where they were going. N it's so good luck to you, good luck to me.
Speaker 2: Guy has to pray for me, hopefully.
Speaker 1: If you're looking at my stories, it's just like happy times and I'm waking up in Melburn on Christmas morning.
Speaker 2: That's the ideal.
Speaker 3: Well, that was actually scary last year because I was going to fly out Christmas morning at six am to get to Queensland to see Tammy and the kids by like eight and the night before when do you remember there was bad weather last year?
Speaker 2: I do remember that.
Speaker 3: And they sent me a text message saying your flight could be canceled in the morning, look out for rescheduling. So I was quickly getting onto like online. I was like, I have to get there tomorrow, Like I'm not missing my first Christmas with them, So like I was looking through it was a full ordeal on Christmas Eve, it was. It was not ideal.
Speaker 2: It's stress.
Speaker 3: You don't need stress. So I wish you luck for Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you want to leave us because we obviously know that everyone is maybe on the way to Christmas dinner or lunch or heading to see family or friends or whatever it might be, So we don't want to take up too much of everyone's time. But we thought we could leave everyone with one funny Christmas story each Do you have one for us?
Speaker 3: Oh? I mean apart from like the family like arguments and all that sort of stuff every year, you have.
Speaker 2: Your good luck for that by the way, yes.
Speaker 3: Well I'm talking about like back in the day with like you know, just like someone would say something that we would rub an uncle up the wrong way, or a new uncle likes girlfriend or boyfriend comes and they don't know the family, Like that's all happened. But I have a funny one I saw. I think it was just for girls. They were talking about how they went out like Christmas Eve. And I had my best mate, my best man Dale, his birthday is Christmas Eve. So through our long time, the family tradition was to meet on Christmas even. We'd have Christmas dinner at my mom's. So I would after that go out with the boys and get like you know, so I'd drink at dinner and then i'd meet up with the boys that go out with them to the bar or the club wherever they were. And I remember one morning coming home Christmas morning and I was like I was going to the presence. I don't think I was going to open them, but I passed out under the tree, and I remember that, like my mom woke me up. She was like nudging me in the back and she was like and Emma was my younger sister, was probably still pretty young, Like she was probably at the age where like she was excited to come down and see her presence, and she was like yeah, yeah. She was like, go have a shower now and get into something some of your pajamas and act like you haven't been here and you're well. And I went quickly and then we did the presence. So I don't recommend drinking on Christmas, even going out, because it's a recipe for a disaster as well.
Speaker 1: It is a recipe for disaster. Do not drink on Christmas Eve, Do not ruin Christmas.
Speaker 2: Don't be that person.
Speaker 3: Don't be that person that ruins it. Do you have any.
Speaker 1: Mine's is not a drinking story. Mine's is a story of when I was younger, but young enough to remember. I think I would have been maybe like eight or nine, I would say, and Santa at my house didn't rat presence. He would lay presents out, so like my parents had two couches and then like a I don't know what you call it in Australia, but we call it like a puffe. You call it in Australia an Ottoman, an Ottoman, it's a UK term anyway, So we have what my parents would leave.
Speaker 2: I don't want to spoil Christmas for anyone.
Speaker 1: If there anyway, there would be one set of presents Christmas nothing.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Santa is real, So Santa Santa would.
Speaker 1: Leave presence on one for me, one couch for me, and he would leave presents on one couch for my brother but then there was the ottoman and then basically me and my brother woke up. We were so excited all of our presents were there. Obviously I could tell that like this one this couch was mine, this one was my brothers, and then there was presidence on this ottoman and then we both started fighting an all yeah. I was like, this is mine, this is definitely Santa would have definitely wanted me to have this, and my Mom's like, no, Santa wanted your brother.
Speaker 2: And I was like, well, how would you know. You can't talk to Santa.
Speaker 1: And it was this huge ordeal, so like, you know, Santa, just be mindful, make sure everything's tagged or labeled or whatever.
Speaker 3: I actually got Actually before we go this last night, it was my job to do. The al was on a shelf. So I went down and I saw one on TikTok and they were like doing snow angels in flower. So I got a bunch of flower, put it on the bench and I set it up so that was doing. They were doing snow angels, and the other ones like standing over the flower, like looking like it's throwing it on. I didn't, so I down the next morning. The kids loved it. They were laughing about it and all that, and then I was like, all right, well, I'll move this out of the way, because it's literally in dead center in the middle of the bench like where everything happens. And I was like, I'll move it. And then Tammy's like, you can't move it, Like they have to move by themselves without the kids seeing. So for the rest of today, there's two olves doing snow angels on our kitchen bench tonight, which is going to be impractical when we're trying to that. So we'll see how we go. I didn't realize it. I didn't realize you couldn't move. I just thought I'd come down and clean it up and do it the next night. But there you go. There you go.
Speaker 2: You learn something near every day. This is see.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be doing ELF on a shelf very soon. I have no idea about the rules, but I'm sure you'll teach me along the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't move it. Once they're set up, they're there for the day, So tonight or the next night where it's my turn, I'll remember that from somewhere it's practical.
Speaker 1: Well, guys, we hope you have the best Christmas day. Ever, make sure you eat lots of food, get merry, have fun with your family, try not to have too many arguments. Apparently forty four percent of Australians are expecting to have.
Speaker 2: Arguments with their family on Christmasy.
Speaker 1: Do not be in the forty four percent, and we hope you have a very merry Christis.
Speaker 3: Marry christe