Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head at Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea So Where's Your Head app pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 3: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in. Hello everyone, Good.
Speaker 2: Morning Anna, Good morning everyone, and our first time in the studio since Splendor.
Speaker 1: I know, I feel like we haven't spoken to everyone in so long, just because we had obviously the live show go out as our main app and then I actually missed our hotline kind of. We did the Ocean Alley interview, but I had sprained my ankle at Splendor in the Grass, which was not ideal.
Speaker 2: Not ideal at all. So we've missed to do the hotline there, so we'll recap the live showing. Now, what's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 1: The live show? So it was amazing, Like, I loved it. The energy was really good. Someone came up on stage and said our crowd was the best turnout of the day, which made me feel really good.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm so glad you got that on MIC.
Speaker 1: It was just a good vibe there and Splendor was fun, like we've both never been.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good to go to Splendor. Actually it was a lot different from how I usually do my festival. Something. I wasn't camping. I was with my sister. We're going back to like a hotel, so it was a little bit different. But yeah, it was. It was good fun I mean, the show was fun though. We had a good turnout. How funny were some of the people that we got involved?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were hilarious.
Speaker 2: The guy that we asked to tell that story and he just like what did he mumble something about having sex with someone on the dance floor. Fucking makes me laugh still at to this day. That was hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was so funny.
Speaker 1: It was really awesome getting to interview Ocean Alley and then seeing the lead singer up on stage with his baby was so cute.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, what a moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was really cute. They were really good guys as well. They were pretty down to earth. Yeah, pretty funny. Who was your favorite act then.
Speaker 1: I mean I loved obviously Ocean Alley and I loved Oh seven o' shake. She sings Escapism, but she didn't sing it on the day, and I was like, damn, like I really wanted to hear that. Yeah, I did feel a little bit robbed, But other than that, amazing. Obviously, I sprained my ankle my foot like blew up double the size.
Speaker 3: I couldn't walk. You know, I was in a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: It's shame. I mean, how did Michael take that? It was he on his bucket list and he only spent like three hours at Slender.
Speaker 3: He didn't care. He was like totally supportive.
Speaker 1: He was just like, you know what, like it's not worth it, like you're in pain. Like I think the think with Splendor is it's such a huge festival ground that if you're on a crutch, there's really no point in going.
Speaker 3: Like the grounds all uneven.
Speaker 2: Maybe you guys might have to go back next year.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe if we're doing a live show. But I mean, speaking of live shows, we have our live show Talk coming up. It's so weird, like I almost like forgot about it for a second because we've had so much going on with Splendor. I'm going to Europe next week, so I'm excited for that. Like I'm kind of back on that excitement.
Speaker 2: I agree. I did sort of like it slipped to my mind for a bit. But I went on a walk the other day and this girl. I was taking a video of a kangaroo and this girl recognized me, and she's like, you're a mat from where's your head ash, Like I just listened to your episode and she's like, I bought tickets to your live show. And I was and I was like, fuck, that's right. We're doing a live show, aren't we.
Speaker 3: I was like, you're like, oh excited.
Speaker 2: I was like yeah, shit. I was like, oh yeah, cool, see you there. Like we've got so much planned. I was like, but we do, but like it slipped my mind. And then she's like, yeah, I'm making my sister come with me, and I was like, fuck, that's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And like it's so cool because like right now we're in the process of like getting some really cool guests. We're gonna have a different guest in each city, so I think it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 2: Literally our Facebook group and tell us who you'd like to see at which in the city that you're going to, because look, we're open to whoever aren't we?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, last week I had a really cool photo shoot. It I obviously can't say too much, but what I shot is going to be kind of announced at the end of August, and it was just like, you know, we've modeled for ten years, right, and doing that specific shoot was like the most fun I've ever had at is shit?
Speaker 2: Why was that? Just on set vibes?
Speaker 1: I just had like a like creative control and like, I don't want to say too much, but like it was just so fun. Shot with a really cool photographer. You've seen some of their final images.
Speaker 2: The've come up well, k really nice. Yeah, it's a good photographer as well. He makes you feel really comfortable. I've shot with him a couple of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good. How's your weekend? What's been happening?
Speaker 2: It was good. I obviously just having a chill weekend again. Didn't go out, didn't do anything, saw the family. Actually funny say that this is the last day of July.
Speaker 3: I haven't even spoken about that.
Speaker 2: Dry July is over. How did you go? I saw your drinking on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Don't wrote me under the butt.
Speaker 2: You publicly posted it on social media.
Speaker 1: I mean, we publicly at Splendor in the Grass and drive July was off. Do you know what, I've actually felt kind of bad about it, only because we kind of tried to do it without where's your head at FAM And obviously we did it up until a certain point and then Slender in the Grass came and it just all fell away.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was very transparent. I said July first, I'll drink and then Splendor. The rest of the time I didn't drink. I knew. I knew that, though I knew I could do the rest of the time, but they were the dates that I would drink, even it's Splendor. I don't even think I wouldn't say I went that hard, do you know what I mean? I never felt like I was drunk. I was just having a social drink with everyone, take the you know, the let the moves come out as I was butterfly. Yeah, yeah, so while I was there, I didn't get too too drunk there.
Speaker 1: Well, look, if you did it complete dry July, my hat is so off to you. Well done, congratulations, very proud. I think the thing for me that's kind of like helps me to sleep at night is that I haven't chocolate yet all July especially a big deal for me because I do love a piece of chocolate, especially like I'm MYO period right now. I feel like I really crave chocolate during my period and I've just not done it. Michael has been fucking eating Tim Tams in front of me. He's in eating Marbleus Creations and I've said.
Speaker 3: It, no to it.
Speaker 2: What's your go to flavor of.
Speaker 3: Chocolate Marble Iss Creations?
Speaker 2: Which one the one with the that's the one with the jelly beans sort of thuff.
Speaker 1: Through it, like the gummy and this smarty kind of thing, and like they're kind of like pumping in your mouth.
Speaker 2: You would like black Forest.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I do. Like I mean, I'm a chocoholic, like I love chocolate.
Speaker 1: So the fact that I have done all of July without any chocolate.
Speaker 2: Your opinion, I'll get hate for this. Nuts and chocolate don't go together.
Speaker 3: I love nuts and chocolate.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. I don't like him. Hazelnut fruit nut picnics.
Speaker 3: A red flag, red flag.
Speaker 2: I just never liked it. I just think it's and I love playing chocolate though nothing beats like a dairy milk block chocolate that's unreal.
Speaker 3: I like crunchy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, I was to say that crunchy, you.
Speaker 3: Know, bitter or like caramel fruit and.
Speaker 2: Fruits one with like the different flavored fruit flavors like gouey stuff through it. So it's like strawberry oh yeaeah.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like, you know, the strawberry Freddo frogs. They were my absolutely remember back in the day at school when like people would have like a box of chocolates and they would sell them out of their locker.
Speaker 2: Dad, we were talking about the other the other day. The Batuda advocate posted, like it's suspicious when they bring in just a solid fifty dollar note, meaning like the old man has like eating it all. And that's what we used to do. Dad would give us like fifty bucks to give them the block of chocolate, box of chocolate be gone fifty Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have to sell any with the days though, Like even the mint one I could get around, you know, with the green.
Speaker 2: I don't mind it. I don't mind it. I don't mind mint chocolate. Carra Milk's the best, though, nothing beats Carra milk at the moment.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Matt we have to talk about some thing that has been grinding my gears, and that is the Barbie movie. We both said we would see it on the weekend and review it today on the podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm actually annoyed it myself because I want to do Barbie Heimer, which is go see Barbie into Openheimer. Yeah, But like I got out of Barbie and I was like, I don't know if I can sit through three hours of fucking like a heavy content movie. So I was like, no, I'm just gonna go home. But I really I want to see Openheimer. Still. I still want to see it, but I don't know, like Oppenheimer, Openheimer, Offenheimer, Openhimer. I'm not sure. I mean, that's probably the first thing about I probably shouldn't go see it because I don't know the name. But I love Christopher Nolan. He's a great director. I love like obviously, Inception, The Dark Knight all that. I love all those movies. So I think I could do it. My sister saw it. She said that I could watch it, but I don't know. Three hours is a long time with me for concentration.
Speaker 3: It's a long time.
Speaker 1: The Barbie movie didn't even take my concentration. But I want to start with you because I want to I want to hear like your opinion of it, because we haven't we haven't changed opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, I liked it for the sheer fact that I never played with a Barbie. I've never I didn't, I've never watched a Barbie movie. I've never watched any of the cartoons. I've never. I didn't expect anything going in. I'm literally a heterosexual male who's never had anything to do with Barbie. So I was just literally there for the actual concept of the movie as being Barbie. I did. I did. I respect the how they've made a toy into a live action movie and it's not even Pixar or anything, So I get the how that is hard to transition that into an actual movie, you know what I mean? Like how they did the stuff, how no one puts Barbie down the stairs, like they made a jump into the car sort of thing, Like that's funny. I like that. I like that concept of it. Look, I think that like a lot of people are overthinking it, Like a lot of people are overthinking it for what it is. On face value. I think it was a good movie. I mean, it made me laugh. Ryan Gosling's hilarious in it. In his mojo what was it his mojo Mojo Jojo Cass. He's funny as and like he made me laugh, Like when he's talking to Barbie and he's like he starts tensing his bicep.
Speaker 3: Like camera relate, Yeah, Camra late.
Speaker 2: Will Will Ferrell comedic, genius, unbelievable. Anything he touches, he's hilarious. Hat he was funny. What about you? What's your opinion?
Speaker 3: Like you?
Speaker 1: I went into it with like no expectations, like did not know what the storyline was gonna be.
Speaker 3: But in my mind, I.
Speaker 1: Was kind of like expecting to walk into like a feel good, happy, funny movie that was quite nostalgic for me because I used to love Barbie growing up and I thought that there would be some nice positive messaging in it. But I just felt like the messaging was just pushed down my throat so much.
Speaker 3: Like I came.
Speaker 1: I literally walked out of the cinema and I was like, I'm just a little bit confused because it got quite dark, Like I felt like the movie went really to a quite negative place for Barbie. Firstly, like they were talking about like death and heavy feelings and all of this stuff.
Speaker 3: And that's fine because that's reality and I get that.
Speaker 1: But like, I feel like people went into the Barbie movie to kind of escape their lives and then we got like hit with like so much reality. I felt like, I don't know, like I kind of hated it how they pinned men and women against each other and like how you were like, people are overthinking it, but like it was so political, Like the whole message of the whole movie was so political that I was like, it's hard to not then go home and debate it.
Speaker 2: Do you not think?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: What you're saying is that they were pinning men and women against each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I felt like they kind of Barbie was like blowing off Can and you know it's always barbieing Ken, right, Like that's kind of like, well, you know, it's barbiing Ken.
Speaker 2: I do find it weird that Barbie wasn't into Ken, Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: The boyfriend and girlfret, And then I felt.
Speaker 1: Like it was weird that all of the Kens were jobless, homeless, carless, And then I felt like it was really strange that Ken was fighting for the patriarchy. But then he was like, oh, then at the end of it, they kind of wrapped it up, being like, oh well, I kind of just thought that was about horses, and it was like, what even even the girl, the mum and the daughter, combo, even the husband, and that they just portrayed us so dumb and stupid and just like a bit of a buffoon.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm just so confused.
Speaker 1: I wanted it to like unite everyone, and I just felt like very segregated by it. And I also felt like, I don't know, it's Barbie, It's fun and light, and they could have definitely definitely got across really positive messages of unifying people. And I know that some people loved it, and I know that some people like, you know, you're kind of.
Speaker 3: Like, don't dig deep into it.
Speaker 1: But for me, it was just kind of like, I hate getting political messages shoved down my throat.
Speaker 3: I hate that. And I was honestly like.
Speaker 1: From the very first moment when I saw those you know, those like iconic pics of Barbie and Ken roller blading down what's that famous speech, yeah, Venice Beach, I was like, this is gonna be so fun, Like everyone was gonna see it regardless, and I think when we saw that, we were kind of like, you know, Barbie and Ken are gonna like solve world problems, and like, I love it that it's female empowerment.
Speaker 3: And I did love that speech that they Gloria, yes, that they get that.
Speaker 1: I loved that, Like, of course I love that. I love all about women supporting women, and I love that. But then I was kind of like, can we also reprogram the cans? Like do we have to trick men into like doing what we want them to do?
Speaker 3: Can't we reprogram them to be like we can all?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe you think I'm overthinking it. That's personally how I feel.
Speaker 2: I did like that speech from Gloria.
Speaker 3: I love the speech.
Speaker 2: I thought that made me think about like how hard women have it in this life, Like I thought about my sisters yea, and like you and like my ex and all that sort of stuff about how hard like they must have it. Like you know, she said something like you can't you can't be too skinny, but you can't be too big. You have to say you want to be skinny you can't, or you can't say you want to be healthy, but well you want to be skinny, and then the one that resonated me as well was like, you can't turn a guy down, you need to stroke his ego, but then if you come on too strong, all that sort of stuff. I think it was really I thought it was really like, you know, openings for and I hope guys out there listening to it and realize what women have to go through.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And I'm not.
Speaker 2: Did you not also find that Ken when he came to real world and how everything was really guy driven in this world? Do you do not see how that was like growing up as a guy that like you can be instilled with those sort of morals that like that guys are the top they are, and how it's passing down from generation to generation and how like it's taking kids at kids these days like sponges and when they see that, like you know, on movies and stuff and want they won't that and they're in that like they've seeing men in the CEO role and then they get that impression and then they need to break that cycle of like boys growing up that it is different women can be in those positions.
Speaker 1: But don't you think that the movie could have broke that cycle? They could have shown us breaking that cycle, not tricking Ken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like that's where I feel like they can't really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you say that, when you go but it's a movie. But it's a movie, but.
Speaker 3: They've still really tackled really hard issues.
Speaker 2: How would you entertainingly do that?
Speaker 1: Though, I think that there should have been a unification even like seeing Ken go into the real world and see how like you know, men dominate in all of that. Like I'm kind of like, yeah, it's annoying, like it pisces me off.
Speaker 3: That is what women go through.
Speaker 1: And it's frustrating and it's you know, it's sad.
Speaker 2: And did you not resonate as well? Like you're a good looking girl about like walking down the street and getting gorked in that, Like did you resonate with that and getting felt like a piece of meat from men in that while you walk down the street, Like did you resign with that scene?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, because that's like that made me think, like it's not really fair, like guys just stare at women, Like we don't really walk down the street and get stared at.
Speaker 1: There's Yeah, there's a lot of good things that Barbie does. I'm not saying Barbie the movie, not Barbi. There's a lot of good things that it does, and there's a lot of things that it highlights. For me, it just felt like I sat through, I went to the movies to see a really fun, happy, exciting movie that could have had some really feel good messaging that wasn't like shoving it down the throat.
Speaker 3: I felt like it was too much. That's my personal opinion.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm you know, the marketing out of this was like ten out of ten.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, it was so hyped up and so like and you know what, I think it is incredible that a female director has absolutely smashed the box offices.
Speaker 3: Like, I love all of that.
Speaker 2: What would you rate it out of ten?
Speaker 1: Maybe like a five, the five mainly being for like all of the positive messaging around women. And I think esthetically it was beautiful. I as you said, like, I appreciate how they kind of transformed the doll and I think Margo Robbie was amazing. But I mean I think that movie without Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling would have been a total flop. Oh yeah, Gosling, Do.
Speaker 3: I say that right?
Speaker 1: Gosling Anyway, I asked our Facebook fam their opinions and it has completely blown up.
Speaker 3: Like people have so.
Speaker 1: Many opinions on this movie. It's so polarizing. So if you don't agree with me, that's totally fine. We can agree to disagree. I know that in this day and age, people kind of can get lost in like my opinions right and yours is wrong. But I think we can all have different opinions. Matt and I have different opinions and we're still sitting here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I don't have a strong enough opinion on it to be honest, Like, it's not it's it's obviously a what do you call it, it's Look, I'm not a woman. I don't have so I really can't have a say on that.
Speaker 3: But you can have a say.
Speaker 2: Well, I honestly think it touched on some good things for a man looking in and woke it up mine eyes and did attention to it without speech from Gloria, I thought.
Speaker 3: It was The speech was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that was very eye opening. I've never thought of anything like that, I mean, but yeah, so I think that I think that the whole like patriarchy thing and that's silly. I think they did paint Ken out is dumb, But I think isn't that his character? Like, isn't that Ken? I don't know because I wouldn't know. I've never played with it. N I don't know what the whole gimmick of him is.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, the thing, the thing about the Barbie movie is they had the power to kind of make it what they wanted.
Speaker 2: So how's Ken been portrayed in like other movies?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know if there's been that many Barbie movies. I like cartoons, Yeah, I can't think of them.
Speaker 2: I've not watched them.
Speaker 1: Jade from now Where's Your Head Out Facebook group has said I believe it was overhyped. I think they should have kept it as a kid's movie where they follow Barbie's life in Barbie World. The real world part was fine, but the Ken world was so cringe.
Speaker 2: The Mojo Casa Casa.
Speaker 1: Charlie says the outfits recute and Bargo is stunning. Alexandra says it was so funny, but the deeper parts were where it's lacking. In my opinion, they try to be something they're not. But Mojo Dojo Casa House is brilliant and overall I had fun watching it. Enjoyed the dance sequences and the level of detail when it comes to the costumes and Barbie land set. Charlne said, too many people are overthinking it. It was made for entertainment, talking politics, male female.
Speaker 3: Power, etc. Let it go. It's just a movie.
Speaker 1: Influencers who have slammed it for religious reasons, other influencers who slam it for the message it's sending. Why can't we just go to the movies anymore? We either like it or we didn't. All the hostility over a movie is really sad. There's very differing opinions. People either love it or hate it. There's really nothing in between. Jump onto our whar's your head at fam Facebook group and let us know what you think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, talking about like ramming stuff down people's throats. I had a incident in the sauna the other day where obviously you go to the sauna to relax and it's a public place. There's at one time sometimes I've counted up to like twenty people in there, sometimes more.
Speaker 3: It must be a big sauna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's probably the size of this room, like two chairs. It's like it's decent and it gets real hot and sweaty, and then there's skin on skin, sometimes close to someone.
Speaker 3: Sometimes that's my idea of hell, honestly.
Speaker 2: Well it's normal, that's not that's when it's worst case peak hour. So there was a couple of people in there, and I'm not going to it doesn't matter like what religion they were, but there was some there was actually two religions and they were debating their religions. So there was a group of one.
Speaker 3: That sounds dangerous already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't care, like I'm under the in theory, let and let live, Like that's what I'm about that, Like I couldn't care what you are, what religion you stand for, Like everyone's entitled with their beliefs and that.
Speaker 3: But but just respect everyone, I spect that's the whole point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let live. So I was like sitting there and I mean I was coming and going, and this guy from one religion was arguing his point to a guy from another religion, and then they just over over how.
Speaker 3: It started, over, how what stated.
Speaker 2: Religion and who came first? What came first, like yeah, all this sort of stuff. Yeah, just arguing about it debating it, and then they kept I kept coming and going, and then finally this guy next to me is like, he's like, guys, like come on, like you've been doing this for forty five minutes to an hour, like just let us give it a rest. We're coming here to relax, Like you're yelling at now, like we don't want everyone wants to hear it. And then he's like, it's a freedom of speech. We can say whatever we want. And he's like, yeah, I get that, but like, you know, like respect everyone else in here and be quiet. And then he goes, he goes, well, what religion in you? And he goes, it doesn't matter. He goes, it doesn't matter what I am. I was coming here to relax and so is everyone else. He goes, freedom of speech, we can say whatever we want. And then I said, look, I probably shouldn't have aarked up, but at the end of the day, like I think something about me was like human rights, human etiquette. I was like, I'm going to stick up for what's right. And somewhere during what they were arguing, he had said that the LGBTQ ia plus aren't humans and don't shouldn't have human rights the same as everyone else. So I sat there and he was like, it's freedom of speech, and I said, yeah, it's freedom of speech, but not when you're saying hate stuff like that. Mate, I'm like, just give it a fucking rest. And then he was like, oh, what are you do? You you blah blah blah, and I was like, it doesn't matter what I am, mate, I'm like, it doesn't matter. I'm like, I'm just sticking up for humans and like what's right. And we got Scott into this fool Like, I'll admit I scooped to their level because when you're arguing with idiots sometimes you need to, like, like you know, to get your point across, you have to be an idiot as well. And then they were calling me stuff like I'm a dumb c un t like all this stuff. They were like, when the judgment day comes, you'll meet your maker. And I was like, look, if it means like you know that I treat everyone like humans. I'm like, I'll have a beer with the devil. I don't care. Like I'm like i'll have a beer with him. I don't. I'm not care. I'll go to hell. And they're like you will go, hell, you're burning.
Speaker 1: How just what type of like this is just so toxic and twisted and hateful and discussed.
Speaker 2: Well that's it. They will full like full radicals, and I was like gee whiz. And then at the point, at the point, I was like, all right, I'm not getting a point across to them. I admit I scripped to their level when they were calling me names and I called them a bigot cunt. I was like, you guys are bigots. I was like, yeah, well can we use that?
Speaker 3: I don't know, yeah, I mean it's our focus.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I was calling bigot cunts like you guys are ignorant, you guys, and they're calling me dumb cunt and I'm like, mate, like come on, like let's give it a rest, like just you know, respect everyone in here. And then they're like, when judgment day comes, you'll meet your maker, you'll have you, you'll pay your piper, all this stuff, and I was like what. I was like, whatever? Are you religious? And I'm like I believe there's an afterlife, but I'm like, I don't, you know, it doesn't my religion views. I'm not forcing down anyone's throat in a sauna, you know what I mean, like they are, And then it got to the point like where I went out in the shower and one of them called me a pagan cunt tried to spit on me.
Speaker 3: What's a pagan?
Speaker 2: It's someone who worships like the sun and doesn't worship a god, worships like he's like the fairy sort.
Speaker 1: Of like I hate, like, yeah, like I just hate to see hear this. This is so sad, Like you know that they were kind of dangerous that you stepped in. It sounds dangerous well, but also like I kind of respect you because people like hate speech towards anyone is disgusting. But the lgtb QIA plus community is a minority, and I think, of course for them to be just openly talking about that in a sauna with up to twenty people, I think it kind of is right that you stepped in and said no, like, you can't speak like that.
Speaker 3: It's disgusting.
Speaker 1: It's not going to be tolerated, and maybe they'll think twice about saying that in the future. I don't think anything that you're going to say to them is going to change their views, but I think they should know that you can't speak like that. It's fucking inappropriate and it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: One of their arguments was something fucking ridiculous. They're like, how many guys you know that have just slept with their wife who have HIV? And I'm like and I'm like, because they were saying that HIV is like obviously transmitted through like gay sex, and I was like, so, I was like, you can get HIV three women as well, look at Charlie Sheen And they're like, well, how many They're like, how many guys do you know that they've just slept with their wife have HIV?
Speaker 3: How many guys do we know with their wife?
Speaker 2: That was like, well, I said, how many guys you know who have just slept with their husband who have HIV? And he was like that's not the point, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: I mean, even just having this conversation with you, um, it's.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb. In the end, they're in the change rooms and they kept death staring me. They kept walking past death staring me, and I was like, you know what, I'm not having this. So I went up to the main guy and I was like, look, mate, I'm sorry I called you names. That's you apologize, I said, So, I said, sorry for calling you names. That's hate and that's what triggered me, and that's what I'm against. I'm like, I don't believe in hatred towards anyone. I said, I don't care what your religion is. I don't see that. I just see you saying hopeful, hateful stuff in a sauna with public people, and that's what I don't stand for. And he was like, you've got to know that. I'm not trying to ram it down your throat like the government's trying to ram that down houthroat. And I was like, mate, I was like, fucking zip it. I was like, I don't give a fuck about what you're saying. I was like, you're not going to change my mind. And then they were all standing there and I was like, I'm sorry for calling you names, but that's what i'm apologizing for.
Speaker 1: You're a bigger person than me, because I wouldn't have apologize.
Speaker 2: Well, then he said sorry to me for calling me names. And then another one that tried to spit on me, call spit on you, call me a pagan cump, try to spit on me in the shower, what do you.
Speaker 3: Mean tried to like far away so he's.
Speaker 2: Spat Well, it was aimed like the groundswort of area. It was like you pagan.
Speaker 3: Comp so you got spats at at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it wasn't on me. It was like sort of about my feet area.
Speaker 1: And if I mean, would you report this to like the people who own the sauna?
Speaker 2: I mean, where's it going to go?
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like if you're being that hateful, I don't think that you should be welcome in public places like that, Like it's not acceptable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it isn't. It isn't. And the worst thing was that even like because I both the person from the other religion as well was sticking up for them, at least they agreed on something. They didn't agree where every relation started, but they agreed on something, even if how wrong it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is what I love about our podcast. We go from Barbie to this, do you know what I mean? Like you just can't predict where we're going to go.
Speaker 2: We're not going to go. Well, yeah, the whole point was that they were trying to ram that down like a people on the sauna's throat, And I'm just like, man, let us live and let us relax and sauna come into unwind. Yeah, I'll back the next day hoping.
Speaker 3: They were there, hoping or hoping they were.
Speaker 2: Hoping hope, I don't care, Like I'm not going to and have.
Speaker 3: They been there since?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen them since, Thank god. I hate to speak somewhere else. That's it.
Speaker 1: And then like maybe they do this, like go to like public saunas to try and like convert people.
Speaker 2: Maybe, but like I just I know that they would be the first people to say that their religion has got hate over the years. And I'm like, well then why why try to hate other people? Like you know what I mean, you should know what it's like to be persecuted and fucking you know, you should under be reasonable and have empathy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well look, I think on that note, guys, we know this has been a heavy episode.
Speaker 3: We try to keep them light here of it. Sometimes they go a bit heavy.
Speaker 1: On that note, let's I'm into our hot line.
Speaker 3: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nutt.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this hot line is anonymous.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, I'm just looking to settle a dispute. If you are seeing a guy and he loans you his jumper to wear home, that jumper now belongs to you. Am I right? Even if you return the jumper, it's still your jumper. It's just simply hanging in his closet. Now tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: I love this one.
Speaker 2: So what's your opinion on this? Because I'll tell you a guy's opinion.
Speaker 1: I mean I think, I mean, I have collected a few clothing items over I don't know, like I feel like if like you see someone and then they give you your jumper, unless you're like going on another day, I really don't think you need to give it back, Like, I'm not going to be going out of my way if this is like a one night thing to return something when we're not seeing each other again, Like you kind of are giving me that jumper and it's probably your worst jumper because you know you might not be getting a return on that.
Speaker 2: I completely agree. So if it's a one night stand, you will you will give them a jumper T shirt willingly and knowing that you'll never.
Speaker 1: Get that bad and it's probably the worst one that you have, right, Like one that you're not like upset to leave or to lose.
Speaker 2: I once gave a girl one that was one off one that I made at Charlie Matthews one.
Speaker 1: You gave a girl a T shirt with your face on.
Speaker 2: No, it didn't have my face it, So I was the one off one. I did a different style one on it, and I thought, you know, I'm gonna see skill again. Never did. To be fair though, I took her ex's jumper one time. This is actually really fun and this actually comes up now her ex's jumper and I then to get back get her. I remember I wore it out. This is petty. I wore it out and upload a photo in it.
Speaker 3: I actually remember this and she was like, that's my extos jumper. Take it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was like, well, you probably should have replied to me then you dog. And now actually my sister has that because now that I'm living back at Mums, I just gave I give a lot of my stuff for my clothes that don't fit me on the clothes I don't want to my sister.
Speaker 3: You'll give me away other people's clothing items.
Speaker 2: Literally, Yeah, And it made it into the wash into my room and I was like, oh no, this is Emma's and it made me laugh because I thought of the girl.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Also, this is this is something that shits me to tears. I lent a jumper to this girl once and we actually were seeing each other, so she gave it back to me. But I don't know if she'd washed it or what she did, but she covered it in her perfume to the point that I washed it twice maybe three times, and it's still had some strong perfume still, I reckon to this day, it still smells of that perfume.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But to this day it still smells and I wear that quite regularly because it's just an added ash gym one. I wear it quite regularly.
Speaker 3: So what's the bottom line?
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got another funny thing. I was I when I was living with my mates, was joking around and I brought a had a washing basket full of old Charlie Matthew Stops with my face on it.
Speaker 3: I just can't with you, I just can't.
Speaker 2: And I was like my mates, like, what are you doing. I'm like, I'm putting together a gift bag for when I send girls home with like a T shirt. You are fuck T shirt.
Speaker 3: Thank god you have evolved, Thank god you have.
Speaker 2: I never did it. I never did it, but you didn't do it. I swear to god.
Speaker 1: I saw at your house a whole fucking bag of those Charlie Matthews tops with your face on it. And if you're I'm trying to get rid of him giving people there, that's a red flag.
Speaker 3: That is like, fuck my behavior.
Speaker 2: On and why it was a joke.
Speaker 3: I had sex with a guy and he gave me a T shirt of his face.
Speaker 2: You like nah, even if it was the man that won the genetic lottery Charlie Matthews face, even if it.
Speaker 3: Was Charlie Matthews.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is, if a guy gives you a jumper, you then technically own it. It becomes yours. Unless you're going on a second date or seeing them again. You don't have to give it back.
Speaker 2: Could be a good excuse to seeing him again, could be it could be really good.
Speaker 1: But if they're just seeing you again to get the jumper, then maybe not.
Speaker 2: I used to write MZ on the tags, so when you give it to them, they know that wherever that goes, that's got my initials on it.
Speaker 3: They'll probably be cutting off those sacks.
Speaker 2: So whoever it goes to would be like and I don't think there's many m z's in this world. Who knows.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, look that's all we have time for. Thank you so much for tuning in to our hotline.
Speaker 1: As always, send us a review and we will be giving away merch. Make sure you send us a DM on our Instagram page and let's continue the conversation on our Facebook page for this episode until next time, so Ya, bye bye