Speaker 1: Apoge Production. Welcome back to another episode about My Bad MoMA podcast.
Speaker 2: It's been a big week.
Speaker 1: I feel like we were talking about this last week, but school holidays is so close.
Speaker 2: So close. I have an update though.
Speaker 3: Oh school holidays, your kids going? Yeah, so I think we spoke about it. How I was super excited for these particular holidays because somebody had offered to take them camping, and so then they started to reneg on the offer. And so what I did was I went out of my way to make sure that we sat down, all four of us, to locate some days in between the holidays that maybe Dad was available that he didn't quite see that he was available to still be able to take the girls camping.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Dad was supposed to take the girls camping, you weren't going to be going now. We've got all the jobs at home, much going on. And I even said to your husband Sam the other day, all exciting taking the girls camping school holidays. He was like yeah, so he was fully it sounded like you fully in and then he decided he had too much work on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, okay, it was so funny.
Speaker 3: He's sitting there and it was like nighttime, So it was like everyone was winding down, and I said to him, let's look at calendars right now and.
Speaker 2: Just see what it looks like. Oh so busy. I was like, well, show me. Let's have a look, because this is.
Speaker 3: The difference of men and women, right, is that I can see the calendar and I can go, well, you could make it work here here and here, let's just move that. And then that's four days. Long story short. We've locked in Monday through to Thursday. We've booked the camp site. Did you book the CA? I booked, it's booked.
Speaker 1: It's booked.
Speaker 3: You are going, Yeah, they're all locked in Monday to Thursday, first week, and then I've got work Thursday through to Sunday.
Speaker 2: So then they go to nun's.
Speaker 1: Well that was convenient, wasn't it. So pretty much for the whole school holiday. So Dad's got them for half of it, NaN's got them for the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, NaN's got for the middle, and I will just have for the end.
Speaker 1: I feel like you've got the good end of the school holidays. Yeah. We did talk about this because I mean Dad's got the tiredness from end of school term. Yeah, plus then the tiredness from camping. We all know you don't sleep well when you're camping. Then Nan is cleaning that shit up. Yeah, the tired coming home from camping fallout yep. They will then be all refreshed ready for you. And then you're going to fill the last few days with fun stuff yep, and then off. That's why you go back to school. I know it's not this perfect.
Speaker 3: See I thought, and I did say this on our last podcast, was Dad will bail.
Speaker 2: On it and it will be all too hard.
Speaker 3: And no, there's no days and there's no no, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: That you made sure. Remember you put it in the calendar and book the campsit all. He's got to do a show up, am I bad mom for not realizing that everyone grieves differently. You might have.
Speaker 2: I didn't even Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, a little while ago on the podcast about the cat and the very expensive operation that it had to have seven thousand dollars rached. That wasn't the end of the story. Sadly, I know I need to not cry.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh no, I didn't know we were doing this.
Speaker 1: He got sick again. Long story short, he wasn't going to make it without another ten thousand dollar operation. However, it really didn't sit well with me thinking that there was any decision made over money. And actually I'd got insurance after that and so it probably would have been covered. However, the VET said he probably won't make this operation.
Speaker 2: Operation was huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so we had to make the sad decision to have him put to sleep. Now that all happened, it was sad, underestimated, bad. I'd feel right when people have said in the past, honestly, oh, I can't go to work today, my cat's passed away or something like that, right, I honestly Rach had done a little eye roll. Okay, sad about your cat, but come on, I was so sad. Out of all four of us, I was so sad about this PODC. I did everything in my mind. What if could we have made his life better? Could he have gone outside more? Should I have fed him better? For all of that stuff? Right, But there was a funny part to this, and then I'll then go into the crazy part. Okay, So the funny part was Amelia comes down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've spoken to you before about Amelia and her spending. She gets paid her wages from macas I've been putting it into another account because she just.
Speaker 2: Can't hole in her pocket. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 1: Now she had something she was buying, and I was like, okay, that's fine, So I put her money back where she could access it. Next thing I know, Rach, she has bought not just one thing, she's bought something else, and then she's bought vinyl, and then she's bought some more merch and then she's bought another concert ticket. I was like, mate, look what you've done. You've spent all of that money. She turns around to me, Rache, and she goes, mom. Everyone grieves differently.
Speaker 3: I'm spent every cent in my account, and then it's just because I'm grieving.
Speaker 2: I was like, good one. Oh yeah, good one.
Speaker 1: I like where you've gone with that. But it gets a little crazy.
Speaker 2: Rag.
Speaker 1: So when Orgie the cat was at the vet and I had to sign the form, well, I sign the form before they did it, just agreeing to usinase it's such a horrible word. Yeah, I signed the form and then there's an option at the bottom of what you want to do with the body, and I just ticked the vet deal with it. I wanted him to still be there. I didn't want him to be sick and all the rest of it. I was like, now he's gone, okay, the vet can just deal with it. Get home That afternoon after everything's done, Amelia goes, when do we get the ashes? And I went, I didn't have a conversation about that, And then what do you mean? I said, well, I just ticked the box and jay'sa like staring at me, and I was like, I just ticked the box to say the vat can the body do what they do peacefully? They'll do it nicely. I'm sure she was so horrified. This was probably five hours after everything had happened, and she was so upset and she was like, what do you mean? I thought we were gonna have ashes blah blah blah blah blah. And I was like, I was thinking, where are we going to put cats ashes? Like where are they gonna go? What are they going to go in? Jay turns around to me and goes, shall I call up the vet And I went out, she'll forget about it next week, and he went, well, we've got to let everybody grieve differently, and I was like, okay, so he's caught up the vet. Hey, any chance, you've still got our cat's dead body lying around. They were like, yes we have. I was like, thank god. So then the whole pets in peace are then involved and taken the body. Can I just tell you where we've ended up, Rach. So we've gone from ticking the box to go that's so sad.
Speaker 3: But the vet, oh yeah, yeah, you've got the cat on the mantelpiece, Rach.
Speaker 1: Not just that doing a viewing what we're driving. I honestly, I said to myself, I wasn't going to say this out loud. Oh my god, why out loud to anybody? Because out loud you go, are you fucking kidding?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Crazy, weird, crazy cat lady? You have spent money. You are going to drive an hour out to Logan, going to spend half an hour with your dead cat's body.
Speaker 2: What have they been doing with the cat's body since he passed? Just preserving it? Babe.
Speaker 1: This is a long time.
Speaker 2: It's long. There's so many days we're doing. This is making me go great.
Speaker 1: I spoke to them the other day. They were so lovely, such beautiful people. We've given him a bas Oh my gosh, guys. Right, I went this morning I've printed out photos so he understand how much he was loved. It's in I'm saying. I'm saying you.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, it's so crazy.
Speaker 2: I go, I can't actually, but do you know the funny thing is.
Speaker 1: That other people do this, because it's actually a part of it. Service people do it. Katie, you want me to tell you where my cat finished up? And I loved him to be my favorite thing in this whole entire world.
Speaker 3: He ended up getting doug up by my dogs three times, three different times.
Speaker 2: My dogs dug up my dead cat's body.
Speaker 3: And then at that stage, Sam found one of the dogs chewing on its tail.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So do you know where he ended up?
Speaker 2: He ended up.
Speaker 3: Sam didn't tell me this for quite a while, and he blames it on me because he said, if you saw the dogs chewing on its tail, Rachel, you would have done the same.
Speaker 2: And I was like, who puts a cat's body in the bin? And I can laugh about it now. You went in the bin.
Speaker 1: See, I bet you wish you'd done what we've done out You could have driven out there, you could have spent some time with the body. You could have written I'm telling you viewings are not for me. I've gone pretty extreme. I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore.
Speaker 3: I'm questioning our decision in lives, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: This is your decision. I love this.
Speaker 1: However, you know what's another option. I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: The people do it?
Speaker 1: No, No, I mean I'm crazy. They offer a service where you take your other pets so they.
Speaker 2: Can say goodbye.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, people do that.
Speaker 2: Rache do that.
Speaker 1: I have not gone that.
Speaker 3: Far if we were putting this whole entire episode with the video my facials right now that I have thought for this.
Speaker 2: Entire episode, It's been a wicked ride.
Speaker 1: It's really rude to h