Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this?
Speaker 3: Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: The boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable catching them mu.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are over the Moon to congratulate Anna and Michael on their engagement.
Speaker 4: I had no idea Michael was going to fly to Bali to join us for the final day of My Girls Troop and at what lengths he would go to keep it a secret.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned to hear exactly how the proposal went down.
Speaker 4: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Congratulations Anna again, I'm so happy for you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Oh my god, can you believe I'm engaged?
Speaker 3: I can't like when we started this podcast, like we were just too single.
Speaker 1: Out on the town singer ready to mingle, and now you.
Speaker 3: Have a ring on your finger, weighing that hand down don't.
Speaker 2: It's blinding me.
Speaker 3: Just shine of it in the light is blinding me. Wow, Like can you believe it?
Speaker 1: I actually can't.
Speaker 4: Like I was actually genuinely shocked, and I didn't think that I would be able to be shocked.
Speaker 1: I thought I would always know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't have any inkling nothing.
Speaker 4: I think in the final hour, just before the proposal, I mean, there's a lot that happened, which I'm going to go into all of the details for everyone, but yeah, there was a few things that happened where I was like, hmm, maybe, and then I was like, no way, Like Michael's not going to fly to Bali. That's way over the top, Like it's a bit far fetched.
Speaker 1: Calm down, Anna think it was.
Speaker 3: A bit of a bit of an alarm bells when he'd gone to excommunicator what is it, ex communicado for nine hours he couldn't get a hold of him. Did you think that was a little bit suspicious?
Speaker 4: He was Mia here and there, but he had a story which was semi believable.
Speaker 3: I'll be the charge of that. We'll wait to hear say, but let's set the scene. So you're in Bali with your girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so As I mentioned on earlier podcasts, I was having a girl's trip all of my friends this year turned thirty, so.
Speaker 1: We were like, fuck it, we're going away, and it was really hard to get everyone together. So we were kind of like, this is.
Speaker 4: Probably going to be like maybe our final girls trip, like maybe the next one we'll have our boyfriends or fiance's there.
Speaker 1: Whatever. So yeah, we were like really.
Speaker 4: Making the most of it. We were super excited. We even on the day that I actually got proposed to, which was the day before we were due to leave, we actually had a big event that day, so we all decided to get tattoos.
Speaker 2: Yes, so what do you did you get?
Speaker 3: So initially speaking about this though for a while or so, how did you when it comes to conclusion.
Speaker 1: Though, Yeah, so it was really hard for us to pick a tattoo.
Speaker 4: That we all wanted, but we ended up going with her. So we've been friends for like since school so forever. It's been a really tight knit friendship group with such like a hype group, like we hype each other up, we love each other. We've been friends for so long, and we were like, fuck it, we want to get a tattoo to commemorate like not only our friendship, but this trip where we've it was the first trip we're thirty now where we've been able to make it happen altogether. So we decided to get her H E R just as like a you know, girls empowerment. We kind of got it for her kind of vibe, strong women, like we just you know, it's there's lots of different meanings behind it, but we were like we all agreed on that one. That was one of the only ones we agreed on, so we were like, fuck it, let's just do it. So we locked it in and it was funny because we obviously knew from day one of the trip that we were gonna all get tattoos.
Speaker 1: And on day one I.
Speaker 4: Was like, I kind of want to get an m from Michael on that day and they were like, yeah, fuck it, just do it. And then I was like throughout the week because I'd had too long to think about it, I was like, maybe I'll get a heart for him, Like you just have to do it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was.
Speaker 4: Kind of like thinking about it, and then I had too long to think about it, and then I was like, oh, it's a bit needy. Of me to just get a tattoo, like I want him to get a tattoo of me too. And then on that day, which is the day that Michael actually proposed, after I'd got my hert tattoo on my ribs, I was like, fuck it, like I love Michael, like I feel like I'm gonna say him forever with him. I'm gonna get a little heart on my wrist, so wildly on the day that Michael proposed, I got a heart tattoo for him that same day.
Speaker 2: That is do You Reckon? That was fatal.
Speaker 4: That was just that's just like the universe like colliding together to be like this is the correct like things like this.
Speaker 1: Is a right moment, Like I don't know. That's crazy to me and.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 3: His commitment was pretty big as well to you on that day, it was even bigger than a tattoo.
Speaker 2: Who do you Reckon?
Speaker 3: Was more I mean they're both very up there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so like that was my day. And Michael, so his.
Speaker 4: Story or his alleged story, was basically that he was doing this charity walk from Men's Mental Health and he was turning his phone off and he was going up to the Dandenong Rangers, which is about an hour and a half outside of Melbourne, I think, and he was going to walk from there to the city, which I was like, that's a bit of a random story.
Speaker 1: But I was also like.
Speaker 3: You know what, so I've got the plot holes here.
Speaker 2: Why would you turn your phone off.
Speaker 4: Because it's about well, this is what he said, because it's about men's mental health.
Speaker 1: So they all wanted to talk about their feelings. That's what I said.
Speaker 4: And then he came back with that and I was like, okay, okay, check he's walking to the city.
Speaker 2: How's he getting back to his car?
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I didn't even.
Speaker 2: Think so many holes in this.
Speaker 4: That's so smart. I didn't even think about that. We'll get him and we'll ask I didn't think about it too much. I could have really quizzed him about that.
Speaker 2: I would have had his face is covered.
Speaker 1: He sounds like he did okay.
Speaker 4: But funny thing was, so he's doing this walk and meanwhile I'm getting tattoos with the girl. So I'm like, massive life event for me. He's flying to BALI to propose to be massive life event for him. So after I showed him her tattoo. I messaged him and I was like, Babe, I just got a tattoo for you, and he did a reply, and I was like, the audacity this guy.
Speaker 3: He was on the flight, so he wouldn't have seen it.
Speaker 4: He was on the flight, but then he obviously landed in Bali. He had a really early morning flight, but he kept just saying, oh, I just got to like a toilet. I just quickly turned my phone onto message you, but then it's it said that it had delivered the message of like, Babe, I just got a.
Speaker 1: Tattoo for you. No response. I was like, was this a really bad idea? Like fuck?
Speaker 4: And he didn't respond to it the whole day, to the point where I was getting like mildly annoyed.
Speaker 1: I was like, was this a mistake?
Speaker 3: So did you like have when that was having, did you have any inkling, like any suspicion that he would have been there coming.
Speaker 1: Like obviously I'm the FBI.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the answer is no, I didn't have any inkling, But meeting.
Speaker 1: The FBI, I was kind of like could he be?
Speaker 4: And then I was like two, it's a stretch, like no way, And I was like, plus, someone a Girl's trip, Like I doubt he's gonna come over, But it ended up being the best surprise proposal ever. Like I was shocked, I was blown away. It was incredible.
Speaker 2: Did any of the other girls know?
Speaker 4: One other girl knew so Amber, our producer of this podcast, actually knew so Michael had messaged her and she's known for six weeks really, and I was like as if I had, Like I she's like she has a poker face, like how do you keep a secret for she is very good at keeping a secret which I'm mildly concerned, but like she was amazing, Like she gave no clues away.
Speaker 1: So her and Michael were in cohoots the whole time.
Speaker 2: Did you bring anything up with her then?
Speaker 4: Like, hey, Michael was gone, m I A yeah, and she was just kind of like blowing it off like it's all good, da da da whatever she is.
Speaker 2: That's like, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if I could take keep a secret like he didn't tell me, I probably would have opened my mouth.
Speaker 2: And said something.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he knew not to tell you at all.
Speaker 3: So did the timing of this obviously thirteen months into a relationship, do you reckon? This was the perfect timing what made it the perfect timing?
Speaker 5: Then?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like we're more in love than ever, and I do feel like it was the right time.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just feel like when you know, you know, and I feel like we both knew that we knew, if that makes sense. So it kind of just felt like, you know, yeah, fuck it, like let's like, what are we waiting for if we know, Like, let's.
Speaker 1: Let's be engaged, let's get married.
Speaker 2: The ring is obviously amazing and beautiful.
Speaker 1: It is amazing.
Speaker 3: Weighing your hand down, did he get the right one? Had he dropped any hints to him? Or like, yeah, how did he get the right one?
Speaker 4: I had actually sent him a photo that's extremely similar to this, so he and like this ring that I now have on my finger forever, which is wild in itself, is even better. Like he exceeded all of my expectations and some with the ring. It's absolutely gorgeous. I feel so lucky that I get to wear it. It's so sparkly, Like look at that it just sparkles and glistens in the light.
Speaker 1: But honestly, when.
Speaker 4: He proposed, like the ring was like the last thing I thought of like I thought, like in my head, I was like, Okay, when he finally proposes to me, like it's like it's a strong yes from me, I already know it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be focused on the ring.
Speaker 4: But in the moment, I was so overwhelmed with like love and shock and just like some like a little bit of disbelief, being like, oh my god, this is the moment.
Speaker 1: This is happening.
Speaker 4: Like I've waited so like it's what feels like for so long for this moment.
Speaker 1: To happen in my life.
Speaker 4: Thirty you and yeah, I just like I didn't really like look at the ring until like I don't know, I was hugging him and I kind of like looked over his shoulder just to double check, and I was like, oh my god, it's massive.
Speaker 3: I just watched the video before you sat me down, and you showed me the video of the engagement, and that was literally the one thing I said. I was like, you haven't even put the ring on for like your yeah out and you didn't even bother with the ring, and I forgot to say, yes, did you really?
Speaker 4: I just like hugged him and just like we had a bit of like a make out because I was just like so overwhelmed, but like, I don't know, like I wasn't expecting to get proposed to, so it was just like the last thing that I thought of. I was just like, I just like I knew that he knew it was a yeah, So just didn't even cross my mind.
Speaker 1: And then halfway through he's like, so was that a yes? And I was like, oh, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you did you have hot mass sex to consummate the relationship after this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many times?
Speaker 1: And then we went and met like the girls out after.
Speaker 3: I see Michael over there nodding and smiling at me, me the thumbs up. Okay, So how did you tell your parents then? Obviously this massive news? Did you tell them straight away? Who'd you tell first?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So basically Michael proposed and then we called my parents his parents.
Speaker 3: Did he ask your dad for permission? I'm going to ask him when he comes off.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, so cute, Okay.
Speaker 3: Cool, we'll get him to explain that. So they already knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 4: I knew, yeah, Like I think it was like the day before our live show, Michael called my dad and was like, hey, I'm looking at getting a ring, but I'll let him explain that.
Speaker 1: When he comes up.
Speaker 3: I thought he was gonna do it at the live show, did you. I had a feeling that I thought for some reason, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, what made you think that.
Speaker 3: I don't know, just something made me think that just a big grand gesture. Well he just he outdid that. But yeah, I thought for some reason he'd do it there. I had my suspicions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, it really was like my dream proposal. Like everything was just like number one. I was surprised, which is just like wild that I was even surprised. It was just amazing. The fact that like after like we had a moment that my friends were like there and I was like share the moment with us was so like precious and beautiful to me.
Speaker 1: It was also like cool because like we'd all just got her tattoo.
Speaker 4: I got a tattoo from Michael, and then it kind of like all came together.
Speaker 1: It was just beautiful.
Speaker 3: The timing was fucking perfect, and like I said, it got you surprised. I was literally fucking gobsmacked. I had no idea. I'll set the scene so if anyone doesn't realize behind the scenes of this podcast, there's a lot of admin that goes in and at times Adda and myself very what's the word bickering with each Yeah, heated with each other.
Speaker 1: So I don't like each other.
Speaker 2: I don't like each other.
Speaker 3: So we were on a non chatting terms for little We.
Speaker 4: Go through these, we go through like I reckon, like every six months.
Speaker 1: We don't talk for about a week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so not everything was lined up before Anna went to Balley, So there was a bit of words exchanged. So I hadn't spoken to it for a bit, just maybe a little bit of business chat.
Speaker 1: I hadn't spoken to you for a bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a lot of miss of me trying to try and get the thing, the business going. So then we dropped the episode that morning. So we dropped last week's episode. It was my job to go over it. We all know that I'm not the most fine tooth comb it going over it. So I listened to it. I was cooking dinner, I was doing what I was doing while it was on the shower while it was playing. I approved it. I said drop it, But then I got a message from Anna saying I'm facetiming you in five minutes be ready exclamation mark exclamation mark, and I was like, oh, fuck me, what did I leave in that episode?
Speaker 2: I was like, this is not good.
Speaker 3: So I was in the car driving and I was like, I went past the Macas and I was like, you know what, I'm going to go through the I'm going to go through the Macas drive through.
Speaker 2: So I have a buffer.
Speaker 3: So if this goes to like sneaking fun so this goes to like, you know, like heated, I've got a buffer. So I'm driving in and she and I starts facetiming me, and I answer it and like, yeah, well I.
Speaker 4: Had the ring held up and your face is the most shocks face. We're going to put it on our Facebook page for everyone, so make sure you follow and join that.
Speaker 1: Matt's reaction was just like fuck off.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, I'm getting out the drive through literally slapped it in reverse reverse park, and I was yeah, I was. I was actually speechless. I didn't even I didn't even think I digested what had happened in that FaceTime. Remember I was driving a little bit later and I messaged to you and I actually was like wow, like it actually sunk him when it happened. Yeah, I thought it was just slack. You know, it's one of those things where you don't really believe it do Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like disbelief. I think I'm still in disbelief. Like I look at my hands and I'm like, holy shit.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: You just have you taken it off yet? No? Yeah, I didn't even think so.
Speaker 4: Well, the girls tried it on, but other than that, I mean, you capsulate your friends, try sleeping in it. Yeah, I'm not going to take it off never, never, never, ever, never ever ever.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Well, should we get Michael on to ask him his version of the story and see what he says, because I want to grill him about this sixty kilometer walk how.
Speaker 2: He managed to pull that off.
Speaker 1: I'd love that. Let's do it. Hello, the unsay Welcome.
Speaker 2: It still sounds a bit weird, Matt yea.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to our podcast. Third time, third time on the podcast.
Speaker 1: You know you've been on our podcast more than anyone.
Speaker 3: Well, let's start from the start. So when did you want to propose to Ana? Like, when did you make that decision?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So I think there's like stages of wanting to propose. I think there's like a moment in time when you start like fantasizing about like what a propose would be, like is at the moment you laid eyes on don't And that's a beautiful cliche, and I like that, and we'll go with that. But I think I think there was a pinnacle moment I can think of when I was like, Wow, this would be.
Speaker 2: Like the perfect moment to propose.
Speaker 5: And it was We've just done two weeks of quarantine when and I got COVID in Thailand, the COVID Holiday from Hell. So we've done two weeks in quarantine, and it was the first night of freedom, and we'll stay at this beautiful hotel that had a beautiful private beach and we're walking on the beach to dinner as the sun was setting, and she was like listening and she looked like she looked back at me, And in that moment, I was like, I would love to fucking propose.
Speaker 2: To this girl right now. So that was like the beginning.
Speaker 5: That was the beginnings of the journey. But then of course, like then the actual like planning and putting things into process hadn't hadn't started at that point, did.
Speaker 3: You think about doing it in Greece, because obviously Anna was a bit frustrated, you know, a bit annoyed that you didn't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to call.
Speaker 5: Myself out, I think, please do when I've had when I've had a couple of drinks and I'm feeling a bit loved up and like we're having a bit of a moment, I've definitely said things. I've definitely said things I haven't said, like you know, I've probably at times said all the things that would make a girl think that a proposal could.
Speaker 1: Become maybe like I want to marry you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to propose, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm there. I'm like, I'm like loved up, toxic, that's a thing.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm I'm like a fuck boy in a loving relationship where I've like I had I'll come home from like drinks with the boys and I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're amazing. I want to call your.
Speaker 2: Wife all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that definitely gave Anna that it was coming sooner than she.
Speaker 5: And she had every reason to believe that I was going to propose in Greece, because I thought I was going to propose in Greece.
Speaker 4: So see what I mean, I'm like, I'm very good at picking up signals, and I was like, my must be so off right now.
Speaker 2: Ring.
Speaker 5: That was the thing that I didn't have to propose in Greece. If I had a ring, I would have proposed in Greece. So I kind of started thinking about three months before the Grease trip. We were on a Balley trip about three months before, and I was thinking at that point, I'm like, when we get home, I'm going to stuck it. I'm going to get a ring. I'm going to propose in Greece. We're going to have this amazing wedding in Greece. And then near the end of the trip, I'm going to propose. But then I got back the idea of like getting the ring and planning things was all a bit overwhelming, and we were super busy with a whole bunch of things and it just never quite happened. And then it got too close to the to the day and it just didn't happen.
Speaker 3: So then when you got back from Greece, is that when you started planning.
Speaker 2: As soon as I got back from Greece, I was like, okay, okay, I fucked up with that.
Speaker 4: The podcast episode came out, I thought I was getting proposed.
Speaker 5: Sitting there like outside of that obviously the story that goes when she thought I was. I was never going to propose in Santorini though, like just because I thought it was too obvious. So that wasn't like what she had in her head wasn't going to be it, but it was probably gonna be after. It wasn't more the fact that she was the story that we've heard, but it was for me. I was like, I was so ready and I wish I could have in Greece, and I'm like, I don't want to be ready again. I'm like, I'm ready for this to happen. I'm going to start putting the wheels in motion.
Speaker 3: So you obviously wanted it to be somewhere overseas, not just somewhere in my head.
Speaker 5: It was like it was somewhere like on a holiday, somewhere special.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, having that moment. Yeah, So how much planning goes into a ring like that, Like, I mean, I haven't even thought about it.
Speaker 1: It's like asking for a friend, I'm never.
Speaker 5: Even like, yeah, I was pretty lucky. I was pretty because literally, like almost started our relationship was like by the way my ring says, is.
Speaker 4: K because I tried on my friends Herah's and she was like she's a ka.
Speaker 1: So I was like, oh, cool, at least I know I'm okay.
Speaker 4: And then I was like, I can remember because this is how I remembered kay, because I was like, if someone proposes to me, I'll be like okay, Like okay, so that's how I remember it.
Speaker 1: Okay, get it.
Speaker 2: You see why I write it in your notes. Okay.
Speaker 3: So since the moment you guys have been together, she'd just been sending your rings.
Speaker 2: No, not not all the time.
Speaker 5: I think there was a few moments she like sent me a ring or like she'd have like a Pinterest board and like her Pinterest was just like rings and wedding dresses.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 4: There's more this tattoos, there's nails, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, okay, cool idea.
Speaker 3: I saw Gen's Explore the other day and it was just rings and wedding dresses and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, it's like jeez.
Speaker 3: But then Jen has also did she ever do this? Gendered this to me where they Yeah, here's four options, which one would I want?
Speaker 1: I love that. I love doing that.
Speaker 2: What is it? The ring quizu? I got it right.
Speaker 3: Actually I was pretty good at the ring quiz as well, but I forgot.
Speaker 1: The ring quiz. I'd be like, Okay, out of these six, which one would you pick? And he always picked them.
Speaker 2: One close Friday night? What should we do tonight?
Speaker 3: I'm just going to settle in and like watch this game of basketball and then all of a sudden, quiz the ring quiz.
Speaker 2: I reckon a lot of having one of those.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of men have going through the ring quiz. Okay, so the rings planned, Like how did you go through that? Obviously? How did you get to that ring?
Speaker 5: Well, the shortened version of the story was I had a general inspo pick. I went in with the inspo pick and then kind of built it out from there, got a bit of help from the who I went to the ring for any friends? And then that is when Amber came into the process as well. So I asked Amber about like, here's the design.
Speaker 2: That I've got at the moment.
Speaker 5: Amber, this is producer Amber. Here's the design that I've got at the moment.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 5: And I was like this one or this one, and it was mainly around the thickness of the band. So I was trying to get an idea of the thickness of the band and what looked better, that sort of stuff, just to find it details.
Speaker 3: Okay, so then when did you decide BALI, I'm crashing Anna's girl's trip. I'm taking the girl's trip and I'm hijacking in it and its engaged.
Speaker 2: So at this point, I'm like, Okay.
Speaker 5: I had a rough idea of when I was going to have the ring and I was like, Okay, now, how am I going to do this? Because in my head, I'm like I want it to be a surprise. And I knew that Like if I was just like, oh honey, like I've planned like a holiday, we're going to here for the weekends, or we're going back to Thailand for four days, I would have been to that exact same hotel. Like we had that beautiful moment like she was going to be suspicious, and I was like, I want this to be a surprise. So as soon as they she said I'm doing a girl's trip and I was like all.
Speaker 1: Right, He's like I'm fucking coming.
Speaker 2: I'm going to I'm going to fly to Bali. This is going to be the ultimate surprise.
Speaker 5: It's going to be the last day of the girls strip and I'm going to swoop in undetected and surprised it.
Speaker 2: Where do you start?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wrap my head around, like where do you start? Like how do you get this going?
Speaker 5: So then what it came down to was I was like, Okay, religious, I don't know if I'm going to have the ring in time.
Speaker 2: So I was like, I'm not going.
Speaker 5: To plan this amazing proposal and then potentially not have the ring to fly over there with.
Speaker 2: So I had the idea.
Speaker 5: In my head that I'm like, I think I'm going to do this. But then, like just like I did, like with every single assignment I ever had at school, like procrastinated.
Speaker 2: It's a bitter end. And my excuse for the procrastination was I don't know if I'm gonna have the ring yet.
Speaker 5: And I didn't know that I was going to have the ring until literally six days before the year.
Speaker 2: I say, they didn't give you any sort of timeline. No, they said, we're pretty sure you'll have it.
Speaker 5: You're going to have it I think you'll have it, like they were pretty confident, but I was like, I want to know. I want to know the day I'm going to have it. And then on the Wednesday before the proposal, so six days before, they were like, you'll have the ring on Friday. So then at that point that's when I started planning it.
Speaker 3: Okay, so is this the perfect time to get Amber our producer involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's bring her in. She's in the room. Let's bring her in.
Speaker 3: Orchestrated this with you.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Hello Amber, Hello, Hello, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Amber from Out of the Shadows. You come to the stream. She is, So you played a valuable instrumental part to this plan. Do you want to share us to us how you went?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: So Michael reached out to me to show me pictures of this ring, and from there I was like, it's Natalie, yes from me.
Speaker 1: We talked clarity, we talked cut, We discussed at lengths of like what should looks like you're looking for a ring, go to AIRB She's done well.
Speaker 6: Michael, Michael, Tod and I toyed with the idea of bali, but it didn't really come to fruition because we just didn't have, as Michael said, an end date of when that ring would be ready. However, I was always knowing that was going to happen. I had this good feeling it was going to come to one point and I had to go into Barley, had.
Speaker 1: To turn my notifications off my phone.
Speaker 6: You didn't notice that, but I had not notifications the whole trip because I was scared that his name was going to pop up and you thought we were having an affair.
Speaker 2: So I would just.
Speaker 5: I would just send the wave emoji and then that would be like cue for like when Amber saw that, I'm really chat let's talk about what's gonna happen.
Speaker 6: I just have something back in the room.
Speaker 1: I need to go get my son's screen.
Speaker 4: Fully had like a code, like I Amba had an inside man in my friendship group because obviously he needed to like.
Speaker 2: Collaborate with someone on the crowd.
Speaker 6: He needed someone as well that would probably not give up the secret.
Speaker 1: Like I'm very good.
Speaker 6: Every day something got brought up about Michael and proposals and rings.
Speaker 2: She's very pushy.
Speaker 3: All right, so you've got the ring. It's Wednesday. What happens here? You book your flight or do you book the villa, do you organize the amazing petrol display the videographer what happened?
Speaker 5: So the first thing I was like, I need to do. The first thing, like I definitely need to do is get to Bali. So the first thing I did was book the flight because I was like, if I'm there, there'll be a proposal. I don't know how it's going to happen, but at least I'm there. So the first thing I did was book the flight for the last day of the girls trip, so that was that was the Tuesday. Then from there I was like, I looked at it because I needed it to be close enough to where the girls were staying, because I was like, I don't know how we're going to get Anna to this villa, but it needs to at least be close at a minimum. So I looked at pretty much every single villa that was like within a kilometer radius.
Speaker 2: Of where they were staying. And then eventually I just made the decision and booked it and said, Okay, it's going to happen here.
Speaker 3: And then what you call them and say hey, can you put the then.
Speaker 2: Organize the flowers. That was like probably a few days before I was like doing the fine tuning of things. Yeah, that was beautiful.
Speaker 4: That was a really nice It was so beautiful and like my favorite colors as well, and just like the big love heart in the middle. I had just got a love heart tattoo for Michael.
Speaker 1: It was just so cute.
Speaker 2: How do you know the favorite colors? Just knew and I think I just got lucky.
Speaker 5: I don't admit that. I'm not going to sit here. And as well, they were nice colors. They did well, they did Okay, So how did you sucker Anna into going to that villa? How was that orchestrated?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So do you want to want to talk through the Ultimate Boy?
Speaker 6: Prior to leaving Melbourne, I had message our group chat saying, everyone, bring the most amazing dress you have, bring a pair of heels. We're going to dress up for the most amazing girls dinner on the last night to celebrate thirty years and celebrate our friendship for over eighteen years. And I did that because I needed Anna to have an outfit for the proposal. It was I didn't really care about the dinners, to be honest, but I was like, I need this out to be immaculate.
Speaker 1: So I actually the girls what I was bringing.
Speaker 6: I was trying to encourage them or to bring heels, and they were all like, why would we bring heels to Bali? And I was like, bring heels? Why not have fun?
Speaker 1: Dress up?
Speaker 6: And so that was kind of how I had phrased the last night, so I knew I could get her dressed up and for everyone to save their best outfits. I even got them to try them on for me, so I could kind of get everyone to look similar enough that Anna would get really dressed up. And then I was on the The day before Michael arrived, I looked up his flight planned to see what time he would be landing in Bali, just so I could have a rough idea of when we would have communication again, because I was going to lose him as well to his elaborate sixty kilometer walks.
Speaker 2: Talk about that as well.
Speaker 1: Actually, why don't we skip to that now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So firstly, I did not say it was a walk from the danny Oongs to the city.
Speaker 2: No, so I just said I just said it was.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he said that.
Speaker 2: I didn't say it was. I didn't say it was a walk from the Dannings to the city because I was just it was just a walk in the dannyongs.
Speaker 1: So I don't know why I thought walking first.
Speaker 3: And foremost, I do feel truly bad that I've lied about charity walk, and perhaps I'll try to organize a charity walk because I think.
Speaker 1: He's actually really sad about this.
Speaker 5: I generally feel bad about that. I'm like, it's a pretty it's a brutal lie. So I will do a charity walk. Okay, I will do a charity walk.
Speaker 2: I'll hold you to that.
Speaker 5: But I knew without it because I had to be offline. I wanted to be offline all day because I knew that after work should be wanting to facetimeing or call me, and I wasn't taking a call from like some random toilet at the airport or something, or like in the two hour taxi ra.
Speaker 2: Like traffic.
Speaker 5: So I'm like, I need to find a way to be offline all day. So for me, it was a sixty k walk.
Speaker 3: Did you turn your phone on off or on aeroplane mode while you.
Speaker 5: So the whole thing was that it was going to be was like it was switch off in nature and talk. So my phone was meant to be off the whole time. But then after the six hour flight, I'm like, what I'm going to do is I'm going to turn my phone back on. I'm going to say I'm breaking the rules here, but I'm sneaking a few text messages to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm not meant to be messaging, so my phone's like hidden, I'm doing it while I'm like in the toilet or hidden away from other people that.
Speaker 2: Are doing the walk. Okay, yeah. I was going to say, because what are you going to do when you're in Bali? You need to get hoop, isn't that?
Speaker 6: So then Michael lands in Bali, but he's running late, so that our schedules a little bit out of whap.
Speaker 1: I would say, you were stressed out little.
Speaker 6: And so I started to panic. I hadn't slept the night before. I got up at three in the morning, and I paced the entire villa thinking is this gonna go to plan? Like have I forgotten anything? And then we went and got our tattoo. So it was a big distraction for the whole day. I said to the girls, I was anxious about the tattoo.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I was like, slap it on it.
Speaker 6: Actually, I was actually freaking out the whole day.
Speaker 4: So Emmone was like, I'm so stressed out. I'm so stressed out. And then I was like about, what are you okay?
Speaker 1: She was like, it's just a tattoo. It's a tattoo. She was like totally fine about the tattoo. And I was like, oh, I thought she was going to like chake a bit more like convincing the theres which is cool.
Speaker 3: So many red flass straight over.
Speaker 6: And then so then when we finished our tattoos, like the universe was perfect, and I was like, I'm going to go get a massage with Laura and I was like that sounds amazing. And then the other two girls came with me back to the villa because we wanted some just like downtime after the tattoos. And at that point in the uber back, I messaged Michael and I was like, I need to tell them because I need I need actually help on the inside as well, because at this point it's getting late in the day, you're a bit stressed. You're telling me things. I'm going to plan to grow the cru grow the crew.
Speaker 5: At this point, I'm in the taxi from the airport, which took two hours because the traffic was that bad.
Speaker 1: When it normally takes like thirty to forty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thereabout I think, yeah, it took twice as long as it would have been sweating. Well, I wanted to get to the villa.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know what it was going to be like when I arrived, Like I needed to suss out like what it was, what it was going to be like when I got there, how far.
Speaker 2: Away it was, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 6: So so then I got about two thirty and then Michael's like, you have permission to tell the girls, but they have.
Speaker 1: To remain calm.
Speaker 6: So then I summoned the two girls and like I was like, right, you two need to come into this villa right now. And then I shut the door and I sat them on the bed and I was like, Okay, just remain calm. What I'm about to tell you is very serious, but I just needed to remain calm.
Speaker 1: And thought she's so stealth. I love her. They thought that I was dying the way I said.
Speaker 6: I was like, I've been anxious all day and it's not because of the tattoo, but it's because Michael is going to be arriving in Bali in twenty five minutes at a villa and he's going to be.
Speaker 1: Posed to and at night. She said it like that, like they just started screaming.
Speaker 6: And I was like this, that's not what I wanted to happen. Day after we all just cried and screamed for like five minutes. I was like, Okay, so now need game plan. I was like, I need to go see this villa because I don't even know what I'm walking into, and I have responsibility to film some of this proposal, so I actually need to.
Speaker 1: Go and see it.
Speaker 6: And so I was like, I need when the girls get back from their massage that you get them ready straight away. And I had already preface the morning. I will start getting ready at three point thirty. That gives them an hour and a half for plenty of time you'd say long night.
Speaker 1: And so I was like, oh, we'll see it. Start getting ready at three thirty.
Speaker 6: I remember Anna scoffed at me in the morning and I was like, you're going to need a hunt, trust me.
Speaker 1: Like I was, I was like, that's a bit far fetch three thirty, and then I said, I'm going to run to the villa.
Speaker 6: Now see Michael prep with him and then I'm going to run back and then hopefully the girls of CULF started getting ready, so I quickly washed my hair and then I literally started walking out onto the street because I didn't want to get an uber or anything.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was just quickly walked there.
Speaker 6: Michael's like, it's only five hundred meters down the road, but it actually wasn't. It was a fifteen minute run. So I ran with.
Speaker 1: My fresh tattoo, running.
Speaker 6: In bali heats, sweating find this villa.
Speaker 1: And then I finally found it.
Speaker 6: Michael was in the reception, and that was the problem was you told me there was a reception, which was both not in our vision.
Speaker 5: So I didn't know there was going to be a reception. I thought it was. I could tell that it was like a group of villas, but I thought they were all going to be accessible from the street, not going through a reception, which is which is a part of the issues.
Speaker 3: So you have to call an audible here and change the plan of how to get Anna.
Speaker 6: Into that villa, because this is a brainstorm on the spot, So how.
Speaker 3: Are you suckering Anna into this random.
Speaker 2: And it just said she's going to push past reception with that, Yeah, that's I said to.
Speaker 6: The lady who's at reception. I was like, I'm going to be in a blue dress. This girl can be in a black dress. Just let us walk through, don't stop us, just let us go, and she was cool with that. Well, we had something completely different when we got there all the time, but I still played it.
Speaker 1: So I was like, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Going through, So how did you get Anna to come to that villa?
Speaker 6: So while I came down to see like how the villa was like separate from like the reception and how I'd have to go down there, Michael and me were like, we have to come up with an elaborate line now, like another lie on all the I has already told this whole trip, so I was like, I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Used to it.
Speaker 6: So then as I'm running back in this heat for another fifteen minutes, I'm texting Anna and the group saying, oh my god, a lady just messaged me on Facebook saying that I left my ID at the barbie were at last night. I'm the counter and she just is found the villa down the street. So we'll pick it up on the way to dinner. At five o'clock and I was like, I can't believe this. I never lose anything, which is true?
Speaker 1: Which is true? I was like, I don't lose stuff, And then my phone was on, Like I remember my phone. This is what was stressing me out.
Speaker 6: I had to film the proposal and my phone is currently on two percent because I've been on it the whole day stressing. And when I got back to the villa, I plugged it straight in and I was hoping that Anna was going to ask to see this message because it didn't exist. I hadn't even got to that far head to fabricated or get one of my work friends to send me a message or anything.
Speaker 1: I just left her. I was like, hopefully she wasn't asked to see the phone.
Speaker 6: And as I got back into the villa, I see Anna sitting on the bed, absolutely not ready at all. Her hair was wet, she had no makeup on. She's still gorgeous. But I was like, this is not the proposal, Anna, I was I vision, I was, yeah, I was.
Speaker 4: Literally I was literally lying on the bed nay here with wet hags. I'd just like gotten out of the shower and I was like making a reel for all of us getting a tattooed.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's so cute.
Speaker 6: Look it our real life because and I come in sweating with wet hair, sweating, and I'm like, this is not She's like.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Get ready? And I was like, oh, oh yeah, we get we're getting ready for three thirty.
Speaker 2: What time is this now?
Speaker 6: It's for twenty yeah, of course, so I've got forty minutes. And I'm like, so, I then go straight to the bathroom. My eye is suck getting myself ready as well, because I'm like a sweaty mess. And as I pull out my my blow wave brush and it starts blowaven hair brush, I'm like, oh, perfect, we can both blow wave our hairs at the same time, and.
Speaker 1: Like I'll help it get ready.
Speaker 6: And then all of a sudden everything goes out hours completely out.
Speaker 2: So she reap.
Speaker 5: So at this point, I'm like in the villa, it's set up like we've only probably got about like half an hour of daylight left. I'm in the backyard in position inner shirt. It's like thirty degrees. I'm like driven with sweat and I keep like taking my shirt off to like air myself out. I'm like I'm on standby and the.
Speaker 3: Videographer standing there.
Speaker 5: Like yeah yeah, he's like he's like sweating, like like so he was on the other side of this rice film like at a gym at this point, He's got a collection of people with him and they're all standing there on stand by. Is this going to happen? But they're about one hundred meters away and then get stood up, So he goes. He messages me and goes Michael like like, I can't stay on standby because I'm running out of film. Like he's like, I've only got so much film. I'm running out of film. And he goes and we're running out of light. And then I get a message from Amber Powers out the powers out at the villa and Anna's not ready, and I'm like, all right, we're gonna have to consider a plan bet here at this point, okay.
Speaker 2: So how you hell?
Speaker 6: So then, because this is why I was glad that I told two other girls, because at this point I just stood frozen.
Speaker 1: I was like, fuck, what do I do? Like I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: I could hear the girls outside because we were all in different villas, I mean, and Anna shared a little room and then our friends. Maddie was by herself, and then I had Sarah and Laura on the other room, and I could hear out outside all this commotion because everyone's power had gone out, so everyone's hair straighteners and air conditions had gone out, all sweating now, and I could hear maybe be like, let me call my boyfriend. He's an electrician, And I was like, amazing.
Speaker 3: So what is she gonna She's gonna start hard wiring.
Speaker 4: Because obviously there's a power box and we have no idea what to do with it. So we thought that we could flick the switch and reboot the power.
Speaker 5: That shocking man matter like connecting with a great deal of confidence that we both know how to get the power back.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, you do that safety switch. So it was just a safety switch.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I had no idea where it was, what to do. I was like, had one hundred and one things going through my mind. So the fact that the girls could take care of that, all of a sudden, the power came back on, the air conditioners came back on. I was like, we're going to still be late, but we're coming. So then I I remember we all kind of were ready and Anna was the last one to be ready, and I at this point, I know I'm losing daylight as well.
Speaker 1: Was the same as Michael.
Speaker 6: I was sweating because I was outside at the perfect time when we were supposed to be there and the lighting was amazing, and I was like, any more longer we leave it, the less I'm going to have time to film and all that content we wanted to get. So one of the girls was like tanning Anna's back.
Speaker 1: I was bringing her dress from my villa up to the cooler villa.
Speaker 3: I was everyone getting Anna ready before himself.
Speaker 1: No, we're already ready.
Speaker 3: Everyone was fully ready except for Anna.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Everyone was in fool glad.
Speaker 1: Everyone was in full glad.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, everyone was full glad. And I was like, I mean, when the power went out. From my perspective, I was kind of like, do we even want to go out? Like we've been out every night, like I could have a night in. Laura, who didn't know, she was.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, let's have a night in. I was like, do you guys just want to go out? And I was like, no, it's our last night we are going out.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh my god, okay, fine, let me get ready.
Speaker 6: But yeah, So then at this point I knew because I had to separate the groups, so I had to go with Anna. That was the whole point, was that Michael didn't want everyone to be there right at the stop because we wanted to get the footage with the intimate reaction, and I wanted the girls to either come later we'd meet them at the restaurant. So then our friends Maddie, Sarah and Laura all got a taxi to the restaurant first, and I said, if you could just quickly grab the booking because we don't want to lose our booking at this restaurant. So they all went under that pretense they were going for that, and I said to Anna, we need to pick up my ID because the lady's left it outside the villain and I want to get it before we go to the restaurant because it was our last night in Bali as well. So that's how we separated the groups. But what was actually happening was that the three girls went and just did a walk down some shady street in Bali so they could tell Laura what was actually happening. And I was trying to organize a cab for me and Anna to get like literally down the road to see Michael. But the problem was, all of a sudden, couldn't get an uber a cab. No one was on the street, and I'm sweating on this street.
Speaker 4: And I was sweating, and I'm like, you know what, this isn't a big deal. So I went into the circle K and I was like, it's just like seven to eleven. Yeah, So I just went into like the local convenience store and I was like, let's get.
Speaker 1: Like a couple of like what are they like off ice smurn off ices?
Speaker 4: So I'm like, we're boiling huge smurn off ice and was like, I'll need da.
Speaker 1: She drunk it really quick. I was like, oh, she's really stressed out.
Speaker 6: And then I was able to hale down a cab and I was like amazing.
Speaker 1: So we got in.
Speaker 6: It was literally like a two second like ride there. But as we're getting there, like we're just both trying to scale our drinks and I was like, oh, we'll get out together.
Speaker 1: Can you come in with me?
Speaker 6: And I was like I'll just stay in the cab and hold it while you go in.
Speaker 1: And I was like, now can you please come with me?
Speaker 4: Like I thought she was scared or something, so I was like, okay, okay, I'll come with you.
Speaker 6: So then we got out and instead of keeping the cab, and I was like, oh, can we keep the cab and told them to wait.
Speaker 1: She got out first.
Speaker 6: And I literally threw the guy money and I was like leave.
Speaker 1: The roots have ever been that?
Speaker 2: I was like, go.
Speaker 6: Then we walk into the reception, and because it wasn't the same lady i'd seen before, I just got both of our I took the cruisers off hole whatever they were, and I just put them on the reception.
Speaker 1: I was like, let's go.
Speaker 6: So we just walked straight through and then all of a sudden, Anna stops and she's like should we have some mints? And I was like oh, I just like we just we just like had this drink.
Speaker 1: I had this like tangy taste in my mouth.
Speaker 4: I was like, hey, you're a mint and like I was like no, and I was like, oh, you're getting suspicious at this point.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, Like I don't know what was going through my head.
Speaker 4: I think there was definitely points throughout the day where I was like that's a bit odd. Like, for instance, when I got a tattoo for you and you had there was no response to it.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's straight.
Speaker 2: I was tired. I want to walk. He was walking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasn't flying.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there was definitely like moments like I wasn't having a mint because I thought I was about to get a proposal, Like that's probably the laugh thing on your mind. Like I genuinely just had like a bad taste in my mouth. I was like, do you want a mint? We get up to the door, I mean to take.
Speaker 1: Away from here.
Speaker 3: I just quickly Michael, what have you been doing in all this time? Like, yeah, just I could imagine you slicking your hair back in your hands for your Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I some full stress and.
Speaker 3: I was going through like periods of pacing back and forth, then realizing the pacing was making me sweat, and then I'd stop pacing and I'd sort of stand like that and then I'd take my shirt off air out put my shit back on pace. Does the videographer have footage of this because that would be very fun.
Speaker 5: I reckon the tree because I was in that position for about, yeah, for over an hour, and.
Speaker 2: Then I was like messaging.
Speaker 5: I was mensaging the videographer as well, like we're on stand by, we're on stand by, and then like ten minutes later be like we're not on and then we're on standby. We're not on standby anyway.
Speaker 4: Okay, So from my perspective, I'm going to take over from here. So we rock up at this villa and was like, I need to get my ID. I'm like, okay, cool, we'll go get your idea. I thought she was a bit scared to go by yourself, like she wants, you know, like confidence and numbers type of things. So we went down there. I was like, do you want to mean like I've got a bad taste in my mouth after that drink.
Speaker 1: She's like no.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh okay. So then we like walked down to this villa. It's like this like sandy pathway with like beautiful greenery kind of like both colliding at the top, so it was kind of like this archway.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, these people are saying it, I'm a pretty nice villa. Anyway, we get to the very end and then the door is actually a little bit open with this stone opening the doorway, and then there's ambers I d right on top of it.
Speaker 1: So I was like saw it and I was like, pick it up here. It is like they've left it out for us.
Speaker 4: And she was like then in that moment, she like ripped my bag off my shoulder. I was like ow, and she just like put she kind of like I don't know how she did.
Speaker 1: It was very swift.
Speaker 4: She like in that moment, she just like opened the door and kind of pushed me in. I saw the rose petals and I was like, oh my god. I was right, it's happening. Oh my god, Oh my god. And then I saw Michael standing in the villa. There was like rose petals kind of like leading the way to him, and then I looked at him and his eyes were like welling up, like he was like so emotional. I was like, oh my god, I am about to get engaged, Like is this really happening. I can't believe it. I didn't even like look back at Amber. I just like was I was just like so focused and present in the moment. And then as I walked up to him, I hugged him and I saw them marry me, honey, and I was like, oh my god, like this is crazy. Like Number one couldn't even believe that Michael was in BALI like, you know, I'm on a girls troop. I haven't seen him in a week, Like I really missed him. I was like, oh my god, he's here. Yeah, and then like there was just so many emotions going through my head and my heart and everything, and I was just like so overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: And then Michael started like talking and like, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I can't even remember what he said in the moment because it was just so like overwhelming. It's like everything stood still and it was just like me and Michael in that moment.
Speaker 3: So I've watched the video. Yeah, what song's been emotional now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so firstly that I got, I got an emotional that. I feel like the lead up to the story so far has been quite like pragmatic. Now like this moment, like looking back on the moment, it was, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: The song was.
Speaker 5: I feel like there's like those like there's so many like beautiful like love songs, but for us, it's probably a song that a lot of people might not know. And I just remember like when we first like heard that song together, I can't remember, like we just both were like I love this song and it was just a song that from that point whenever we'd whenever i'd hear it, i'd play it in the car like I'd be I'd be thinking about her.
Speaker 3: Just don't want to How did you get that song to play exactly? Or was it on repeat?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it was. I put it on repeat for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: So I'm not sure if.
Speaker 5: I still like that because it's like probably the most anxious I felt in my life.
Speaker 2: It's just that song on refeat. Now I wake up in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of the night and just like, from a man to another man, how nervous are you in that moment, because I could imagine that would really be like this the most fucking daunting moments, nerve racking.
Speaker 2: At the same time, I'm like exciting before.
Speaker 5: I say this, I'm going to like preface it as like, I know how cliche this sounds, so I'm aware of how cliche this.
Speaker 2: Is going to come out.
Speaker 5: But the whole day I was just that nervous and anxious about wanting things to go to plan. But then as soon as Anna walked through that door, despite feeling like I was having like an out of body experience, and I was like visibly shaking. It's like I suddenly was just I felt calm, like it just felt it just felt right. It felt right, and it felt perfect, and I felt calm and all that worry washed away and I was just like, this is amazing. And when she was like walking closer to me, I was just like the happiest man in the world.
Speaker 3: On the video I watched before of it happening, and I'm sure everyone else will be able to see that video on your socials.
Speaker 2: You spoke for a lot. What were you saying? Do you want to share any of it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I'm fully aware that like when I get into speech mode that like it might get like a little bit over the top. So I decided that I wasn't going to prepare anything. Like I was just like, I'm not going to think about what I'm going to say. I had a final line that I wanted to say, like before I got down on one knee, but I'm like, I'm just gonna have a chat. I'm just gonna tell her how I'm feeling, like in that moment. So what exactly I think I'll keep that to myself.
Speaker 2: Exactly what I said.
Speaker 5: I spoke to some key points and I think the main part of what I said was the fact that I think the reason that I feel so lucky to be with Anna is that despite all the love and the romance and the passion that we have, like underneath all that, we just have the.
Speaker 2: Most incredible friendship.
Speaker 5: And like I just from literally and I reflected on this last night with her, I said, after our first day, I was just like, wow, like I've just never had that much fun with a person. And that's despite the fact that I also think she's like exceptionally hot and there's all that passion and romance there. I was just like, I've just never had that much fun. So I think it was around us like fun and friendship and then just the love that we shared as well.
Speaker 2: That's really it's really touching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like it was actually like the it's crazy because like obviously, like as I don't know, I personally have always like dreamed of the moment that I would get.
Speaker 1: Proposed to, but it really was like the best.
Speaker 4: Moment of my life, like being in that moment and just like it's just such an overwhelming feeling of just like love and happiness. And when Michael dropped to me and I, yeah, I have always thought this, like I wonder if they'll be like a part of me that's like is this the right decision? But when Michael dropped to me, I was like, I am one thousand, million, trillion percent on board with this. Like there wasn't one percent of me that was like is this Yeah, There was no doubts, Like it was a strong one hundred percent all the way. Yes, like one hundred percent, and like that just felt so good to feel that, because you know, I don't know like how.
Speaker 1: Other people feel when they get engaged.
Speaker 4: But yeah, that was always a concern of mine, like am I going to feel one hundred percent?
Speaker 1: I guess like yeah.
Speaker 4: So after you propose, then we kind of like the girls ended up joining us, and then they were all super excited, which was really cool, like we're so glad that happened.
Speaker 2: A couple of minutes here, you know, we got we got to have minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they were.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, we're going to give you like an hour, like if you want to join us after at the restaurant, you're welcome to. If not, all good, So they kind of went and then we called our parents and then we had a bit of alone time, if you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, you had sex.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So after that, the girls were at this like beautiful rooftop restaurant in Changu and we were like should we go meet them there?
Speaker 1: And then Michael was like, yeah, let's do it. It'll be really fun.
Speaker 4: So we like walked into the restaurant and the whole restaurant started like clapping for us, and all of my like friends were like they just got engaged and everyone was like cheering.
Speaker 1: It was like, actually, such an overwhelming moment.
Speaker 2: Wasn't it a lot?
Speaker 5: I was already like I think I was so overwhelmed as it was. I was like I almost got a bit blank with emotion, but like, yeah, it was overwhelmingly amazing.
Speaker 2: It was such a such an exciting moment.
Speaker 4: For they had this like leaf and it was like mister and Missus Staples and I was like, oh my god, Like I think that was the first time where I was like ship, like we're actually gonna get married and I'm going to be Missus Staples like.
Speaker 5: That, I could be Mickey mckavoy like that's gotta it's got to run, It's got it.
Speaker 2: I think I think Anna Staple sounds lovely.
Speaker 1: I think, Anna, all.
Speaker 3: Right, so I want to touch on we didn't touch on it before. We're going to circle right back to the beginning. How did you ask annas? Did you ask both her parents just the old man? How'd you go about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So it was all of a sudden happening really fast, and as we've sort of touched on and have you've touched on in another episodes, like nothing gets past Anna, so FBI.
Speaker 3: I was, trust me, you can't. I can't get STU fast fucking staunch.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: I don't need to tell you this genuine the FBI. Nothing gets past it. And what I was worrying about was I was like, Okay, I want to catch up. I want to do this sit down thing with it ad. But we had so many busy weekends, there was so much going on. I'm like, I'm getting worried now that I'm going to be telling him too late. And I didn't want it to be like a few days before because you're not really asking for a blessing and then like, well it's in two days. So I called him up and I said, we had a bit of a chat and he could tell something was up. By the way I was speaking and yeah, I said, I'm in the process of getting a ring. How do you feel about that, to which he said, that's amazing. Yeah, he said that that was amazing. This is so exciting, Like he was genuinely, like really really over the moon. And then I said, I'm so, I'm so glad that you're happy about this. And then he made it jack and said, I said you could get a ring. I didn't say if you proposed. And then I said, sorry, Brian, would it be okay if I proposed to your order? And then he said the same things. He said, this is amazing and yeah, he was really excited. And I said, but look, I want to do the official sit down and have a drink together. Yeah, so that's going to happen before we propose. I'll make sure that we sit down together, face to face and do this conversation again. So then the weekend before I flew over, we caught up and we sat down. Yeah, we sat down and just pretty much spoke about how amazing anam was for about three hours over a couple of beers, and I mean, it was nice, and then we like sort of we sort of hugged it out at the end and he sent me on my way and he said good luck, and it was really it was a really nice moment.
Speaker 1: That's so cute.
Speaker 2: That's really cute.
Speaker 1: And you both got emotional.
Speaker 2: We did get a bit emotional. You know, we've got a bit emotional.
Speaker 3: Get emotional hearing like dad stuff.
Speaker 2: We both cried into a pint of beer.
Speaker 3: And al right, guys, one last time, congratulation, Thank you. This podcast is always adapting me how we have to adapt?
Speaker 2: Just hold on some gates.
Speaker 5: You guys actually thought you were starting like a dating podcast about being single, and here we are.
Speaker 2: I'm so fucking sorry. Okay, this is.
Speaker 3: Why you should take Anna's advice on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Look at the results.
Speaker 3: You might be having your hand waight down, not wake down, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Look, thank you so much for listening to our proposal. Sorry, it's been really fun sharing it and kind of like you capping everything. Make sure that you guys stay all over our Facebook page. We're going to be posting use of content in there. Make sure you follow the Where's your Head app pod, Instagram, Matt and I on socials.
Speaker 3: We would also like to thank Michael for coming in and our producer Ambuf for telling their side of the story.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Thanks Matt, Thanks fiance to you next time. Chao.
Speaker 1: Bye,