Speaker 1: This is the US Report.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Caroline Marcus coming up tonight. The longest government shut down finally comes to an end, But at what cost? The White House fires Backer calls for the Epstein files to be released. Plus Kamala Harris claims she outsmarted Trump in last year's election.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's still that deluded.
Speaker 2: That's all next, But first, the BBC has taken the extraordinary but correct step of apologizing to US President Donald Trump for doctoring his January sixth speech to make it look like he was directly inciting violence among his supporters. The corporation admitted the edit had given the mistaken impression that President Trump had made a direct call for violent action, and vowed not to show the program again. But the British broadcaster has rejected the President's demands for financial compensation, leaving it open still to the mother.
Speaker 1: Of all lawsuits.
Speaker 2: It said, while the BBC sincerely regrets the manner in which the video clip was edited, we strongly disagree there is a basis for a defamation claim. Trump had threatened to sue the BBC for one billion US dollars. That's one and a half Australian unless the corporation issued a retraction, apologized and compensated him. Here's what the BBC Panorama program showed and what Trump actually said.
Speaker 3: We're going to walk down to the capital and I'll be there.
Speaker 4: With you, and we fight.
Speaker 5: We fight like hell.
Speaker 1: We're going to walk down to the Capitol.
Speaker 4: And we're going to cheer on.
Speaker 6: Senators and congressmen and women.
Speaker 2: It truly is indefensible and it's little wonder that two BBC executives had no choice but to resign over that fiasco. The President is vowing to pursue damages in the eight figures unless the broadcaster fully retracts the false, defamatory, disparaging and inflammatory statements and and this is the kicker appropriately compensates the president. Now, the claim has been filed in a Florida court with the deadline of Saturday morning Australian time. Trump has claimed on social media the report interfered in the US election, having aired only a week before voting. But as my colleague Chris Kenny has exposed, the BBC is far from the only fake news channel to borrow a Trump ism when it comes to this subject. Our own public broadcaster, the ABC also misrepresented that January sixth speech. This is how the Four Corners program cut and paced Trump's words back in twenty twenty one, which had I'd argue the similar effect of implying he had directly inside of the riots.
Speaker 3: After this, We're going to walk down, and I'll be there with you, because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.
Speaker 2: Both public broadcasters, paid for with taxpayer dollars had selectively omitted the part of the speech where Trump had told the crowd to cheer on their brave senators and congressmen and women.
Speaker 1: But unlike the.
Speaker 2: BBC, which has at least taken some accountability with that apology and the exits of two senior staff, ABC managing director Hugh Marx has stood by his network's report, denying the program misrepresented Trump's comments, saying he was proud of its journalism. Former ABC journalist turned Liberal Senator Sarah Henderson called for a Senate inquiry into this and other examples of the ABC's impartial and inaccurate reporting.
Speaker 7: I remind everyone that the ABC has a statutory obligation to report news and information. Impartially and accurately. There have been too many times when it has breached that obligation, and I think it's got so serious, Chris, that we need a Senate inquiry into these really serious incidents.
Speaker 2: But the left media were added again later this week, again exposed for misrepresenting Trump, this time in relation to pedophile Jeffrey Epstein. At White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt blasted them for so faithfully lapping up what she called the Epstein hoax. Now this all relates to a tranche of emails selectively released bi Democrats in recent days. It purporting to show Trump spent hours with an underage Epstein victim. The email from Epstein to accomplish Gislaine Maxwell mentions Trump by name, but the Democrats redacted the name of the victim when it released the documents. The email reads, I want you to realize that the dog that hasn't barked is Trump. Victims spent hours at my house with him. He has never once been mentioned. Now you can imagine how some of those journalists must have been salivating over the idea of such incriminating dirt on Trump. But the redacted name was vitally important. Because the victim being referred to here was Virginia Jeffree, the Australian Epstein accuser who committed suicide this year. Now why that's important is that Jeffree repeatedly has said Trump was not involved in any wrongdoing and in fact, he couldn't have been.
Speaker 1: I said to her.
Speaker 8: In this email you refer to with the name of a victim that was unredacted now and has since been reported on in this room. So I will go ahead and say it Virginia Guffrey. And it was CBS's own reporting WIJA that recently wrote that missus Guffrey maintained and God rest her soul, that she maintained that there was nothing inappropriate. She ever witnessed that President Trump was always extremely professional and friendly to her. And so I think it's a question worth asking the Democrat Party, and you should all go ask them after this briefing of why they chose to redact that name.
Speaker 2: Levitt even reminded lists how Trump had actually kicked Epstein out from his Mara Laga resort for being well a creep, including to Jeffree, who Trump had given a job there. But just like the Russia hoax, the temptation to smeared Trump as some Epstein style child sex offender proved all too irresistible for much of mainstream media, and aimfully Australia's own ABC was again among the culprits. It's America's editor John Lyons failing to disclose the victim here was Jeffree, even though that had already been made public by the time he filed his report.
Speaker 9: He mentions the name of a particular victim and says that she spent hours at my house with him with Donald Trump. Now that's quite dramatic.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is the same reporter who prompted a royal bollocking from Trump when he recently suggested the.
Speaker 1: President was involved in financial corruption.
Speaker 9: That a president in offers should be engaged in so much fitter's activity.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm really not.
Speaker 3: My kids are running the business.
Speaker 1: Where are you from.
Speaker 4: I'm from the Australian Broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Rape and fullthorn and provoke the Australia's You're hurting Australia. In my opinion, you are hurting Australia very much.
Speaker 2: Thanks right now, never mind a Senate inquiry, the ABC should be watching this potential billion dollar BBC lawsuit.
Speaker 1: Very carefully.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is The New York Post's editor at large, Kelly Jane Torrence.
Speaker 1: Kelly, thanks so much for joining me.
Speaker 2: The US House of Representatives has finally passed a vote to end the longest government shut down in America's history.
Speaker 1: Now, this vote allows.
Speaker 2: A short term bill to reopen the government after a record forty three days.
Speaker 1: Take a look as the.
Speaker 2: President blasted the Democrats as he signed off on the bill.
Speaker 3: They deprived more than one million government workers from their paychecks and cut off foodstamp benefits for millions and millions more Americans in need. They caused tens of thousands of federal contractors and small businesses to go unpaid, and the total effect of the damage her antics cause will take weeks and probably months to really calculate accurately. I just want to tell the American people you should not forget this when we come up to midterms and other things. Don't forget what they've done to our country.
Speaker 1: Kelly. It's finally over.
Speaker 10: But what happens now, Well a great question, Caroline, and everybody here seems to be saying our long national nightmare is over. But I think your average American it wasn't as obsessed with this drama as everybody in New York, where I am, of course in Washington, d C. Where it is going to take some time to get back to normal, the pre shutdown normal obviously with the flights being canceled, delayed, that sort of thing that has a domino effect, And so it's still going to be days more of delays. And of course Thanksgiving coming up towards the end of the month here in America, so they should have it wrinkled out by then, but certainly the next few days are still going to be a bit crazy.
Speaker 1: And then of.
Speaker 10: Course, you know, getting the food stamp money to the beneficiaries, paying the government workers and stuff all takes time. But politically, where we go next is the question. The Democrats, you know, really were trying to play chicken and utterly failed. They did this, They shut down the government, creating a certain amount of chaos just because they were upset at the ending of Obamacare subsidies that were actually put into place temporarily during COVID supposed to be temporarily, but that never happens when you expand a government program, does it. And also talking about giving up subsidies to people here, you know, from other countries, possibly legally. So the Dems really have egg on their face. They didn't get anything out of this except headlines.
Speaker 2: Well, the Democrats on the Republicans, they've both been at loggerheads for weeks over who was to blame. It seems to me like it's pretty clear, like point out, the Democrats were the ones that dragged this out for some unpernownes to us, at at least it's not obvious political reason. And it does seem like it was the Republicans who finally got the job done and ended all of this. How did they manage to do that?
Speaker 10: Well, Timing was part of it, Caroline, and that's when the Democrats were finally willing to give in, And that was after the elections last Tuesday. We had a bunch of elections, not obviously not presidential, but there were some seats up for grabs, some governorship up for grabs, and of course the Democrats wanted to use this shutdown in the hopes that it would help them, and it actually did, but that made me a very short term gain. And we don't know if how much the shutdown really had to do with their wins given that you know, in some cases the Republicans didn't have the greatest candidates in some races. Others it was going to be an uphill battle for Republicans to win anyway. So it's it's unclear really how much that had an effect. But that's after the elections. The Democrats were a little more willing to give in and once you saw this travel chaos getting worse and worse, and if it was going to bother Thanksgiving, you know, American Thanksgiving the biggest travel days of the year.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 10: I think more people I know go to visit their family for Thanksgiving than even do on Christmas. And so they certainly didn't want that chaos ruining the holidays for millions of Americans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that wouldn't have been much goodwill for the Democrats if they had led that impact the holidays. Kelly, it seems like there's growing pressure nowt for Chuck Sherman to step down and Senate Minority lead.
Speaker 1: Do you think that could happen?
Speaker 2: And can you explain why he is facing that kind of pressure.
Speaker 10: Well, it's funny, Caroline, because he's you know, anger a lot of different Democrats. He's angered some on the more left blank that wanted him to stay strong and keep going with the shutdown, and then he has angered the more moderates who said, this shutdown is not good for Americans, It's not good for my constituents, everyone's constituents. Why was he playing these games? You're Senator John Fetterman, who's you know, really the holds a mantle of the moderate Democrats now saying that there was no point at all to the shutdown. And then you have people like aoc of course and other members of the squad who really wanted the shutdown to just go on and on until who knows what, because Republicans were not giving in on this one, and they had no reason to. Really. The things that the Democrats were fighting for were not even the things that most Americans would have wanted them to fight for, and it was just hurting, you know, those who really did need the government open, like those on food stamps.
Speaker 2: Well, if Chuck Shaima doesn't last as seneatem and already is there a suitable replacement within the party, who do you think could it could be?
Speaker 10: There's going to be a lot of action there, and it's really going to show that there's huge divisions in the party. You know, you've got the AOC types, Bernie Sanders, who's not a Democratic, caucuses with them. Of course, you've got the squad Jasmine Crockett, who's doesn't hasn't you know, there's no TV that she can't find, TV camera, she can't find on Capitol Hell, she's been trying to get her name out everywhere. Those are the more people on the left now to me. You know, John Fetterman would would certainly be someone who can work much better with Republicans, and Chuck Schumer had and than any of those would. But mostly, you know, the lot of the party just thinks he's too moderate for the party. And so it's going to be quite an interesting thing to watch. And that's why I say don't count out Chuck Schumer just yet. You know, it's very possible he'll be going down, but again, you need to find a replacement for him. And we saw how long that took the Republicans. I mean, there's been talk about Mitch McConnell talking them stepping down for years and it took quite a while going to find someone who they thought could be willing to do the job and do a good job of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's interesting you mentioned Chasmin Crockett because she features on the show a.
Speaker 1: Couple of times as few as we'll see.
Speaker 2: She's quite a character, look, as I referred to at the top of the show. The White House has responded after twenty thousand new Jeffrey Epstein emails and documents were released with direct references to Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: Now Congress in the US is.
Speaker 2: Pushing forward on a vote to force the justice system to release all its files related to Epstein, but the measure still faces an uphill battle. Kelly, the President has always denied any wrongdoing in regards to Epstein, But it seems like this is a story that just won't go away.
Speaker 10: It really does. Just when you think maybe it'll have gone away, and you know, it rears it's ugly head again. And of course, you know, I was talking to her friend last night and he said, well, I guess the big news of the day was, you know, the Donald Trump stuff in the Epstein emails. And I said, but they turned out to be nothing. What are you talking about? And he just saw the headlines everywhere. He hadn't actually, you know, spent the time reading the story.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 10: And then when you dig deeper. When you actually read those emails, there was no you know, there was nothing salacious really about Donald Trump. I certainly found out some stuff about some other people, including the man formerly known as Prince Andrew, but honestly, if there was something really juicy about Trump, that would have gotten out a long time ago. But the Democrats are using this now as a political weapon, which is funny because it had had been the Republicans for a while and now the Democrats are using it. I just you know, released the files. You know, take some care for the victims. Release the file so we can all move on. And the conspiracoris rain on this one.
Speaker 2: Well, it's interesting you talked about those emails, and I spoke at the top of the show about how it seemed really cynical of the Democrats to release that particular email where Trump was referenced but redact the name of the victim, which was Virginia Jeffrey, of course, who has repeatedly denied that Trump had been anything but nice and good to her. So what did you make of the decision from the Democrats to release the emails like that in such a way as to I guess, perpetuate this hoax.
Speaker 10: It really shows Caroline just how dirty Democrats are willing to play. And of course it's not like they also could say, well, we had to redact her name, you know, we didn't want her to be known. I mean, she's written a book and she course ended her own life this year, so there was absolutely no reason. And of course they must have known that it would come out who she was and how dirty the trick they played. But what do they care. They got the headlines they wanted. How more people saw those headlines than read the ones explaining that actually what the Democrats said was in there was really nothing. So they, you know, their media enablers were happy to do the job for the Democrats. And it really just shows you how dirty they play in Washington these days. It's it's gone beyond you know, parody. And you know, again, the government's been shut down, they've been really doing nothing, and then to come up with this while the American people really have a lot, a lot bigger things that they would like the representatives in Washington to be worried about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a particularly bad way for the Democrats. I'd say, Kelly Jane Tarnes, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: For joining me, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is the Federalists Elections correspondent Brianna Lyman. Brianna, thanks for joining me, Thanks for having me. Well, you're joining us from New York, where it's been one week since soor On maum Donnie was elected the city's new mayor. In his latest interview, m'm donnie says he plans to call President Trump ahead of taking office.
Speaker 1: I will be reaching.
Speaker 3: Out to the White House, and as we prepare to actually take office, I will.
Speaker 1: Be proactive in the work that I do.
Speaker 12: And I think that is because the responsibility I hold to eight and a half million people of being their mayor. It is important that you are open to working with anyone, no matter what disagreements.
Speaker 1: You may have, Brianna.
Speaker 2: The President has called maum Donnie his quote, little communist.
Speaker 1: How do you see that call playing out?
Speaker 13: Yeah, well, mom, Donnie is doing this because New York City has a very unique relationship both with New York State and with the federal government, and President Trump has made it very clear he is willing to cut off funding to New York City if it descends into a communist chaos regime, which I think a lot of us believe it will give in Mom Donnie's policy. So I think Mom Donnie is trying to put a good foot forward with the President to try and you know, maybe buy some political capital. But I don't think President Trump will buy it. That being said, I think gets a smart maneuver on Mom Donnie's part, because he doesn't just represent liberals and progressives. He does represent, you know, hundreds of thousands of Republicans in New York City. So having a good relationship with the President wouldn't hurt.
Speaker 1: Look, I guess it's better than not having one.
Speaker 2: But he did tell him in his victory speech you know, listen to what I have to say, and he was aggressive himself, so it'll certainly be interesting. Look, I want to stay with New York and the grandson of former President John F. Kennedy, Jack Schlosberg, announced this week he will run for the congressional seat of Manhattan. And this is just some of him in his campaign launch.
Speaker 12: He's stripping citizens of their civil rights and silencing his critics. The worst part is it doesn't have to be this way, and it wasn't always. We deserve better and we can do better, and it starts with the Democratic Party when back control of the House of Representatives. With control of Congress, there's nothing we can't do without it, we're helpless to a third term. My name is Jack Schlossburg and I'm running for Congress Brianna.
Speaker 2: It seems like Schlosberg has taken a leaf out of mom Donnie's anti establishment playbook.
Speaker 1: Do you think he'll be successful?
Speaker 14: I think he has a good chance.
Speaker 13: You know, he'd be running for the seat currently held by Jerry Nadler, who is just as far left as Schlosberg, or you know whoever else would be taking that seat, So it's not far fetched to think that this Kennedy descended could win the election. That doesn't mean he's going to be able to help bring the House back for Democrats, even though I do think Democrats have a shot at winning the House back next year. Something else that's jfkse Granson said that was just really despicable. As he called out RFK Junior. You don't attack family like that, especially in public. And this isn't the first time we've seen RFK Junior attack like this by his relatives, and I think it just goes to show you that these people have no shred of decency or humanity, because someone with both of those things would not publicly criticize a family member. It's such a horrible way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've seen that before, obviously, as you say, including with our ambassador here to Australia, Caroline Kennedy. Look, I spoke about this a bit in my editorial, but the BBC is in turmoil this week after top executives resigned following revelations that the broadcaster had docted a speech by Donald Trump given on January sixth before protesters storm the Capitol. The BBC has now apologized to Trump, but it says that it won't pay him the compensation he wants. Brianna, you've written a piece this week on The Federalist about this whole saga and why maybe some of the same detractors in the US should follow suit.
Speaker 1: What did you.
Speaker 13: Say, Yeah, BBC executives. Now, mind you, they're taking the least amount of accountability that they should be taking, but it's still more accountability than broadcasters here in America have taken over the past decade. Right, We've seen American broadcasters spread the Russia collusion hoax, the Kavanaugh repe hokes, the children in cages, the ice agents whipping migrants. The list goes on about hoaxes they perpetuated to try and harm President Donald Trump or his legacy, and never are they fired. In fact, most of them are winning Polzer Prizes, they're getting promotions, raises, so they're actually rewarded for improper journalism.
Speaker 2: It's very similar to here in Australia, as I also pointed out at the top of the show, but our own public broadcaster, who hasn't taken responsibility for some of the fake news narratives they've been pushing.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's likely.
Speaker 2: That Trump will follow through with this one billion dollar lawsuit that he's threatening. Given he's got the apology but hasn't got the compensation from the BBC.
Speaker 14: I would like to see him do it.
Speaker 13: I think these left wing progressive media outlets and the BBC's you know, kind of equivalent to our NPR PBS, but it really toes the line of being the progressive wing of the media over there.
Speaker 14: And I think there needs to be accountability.
Speaker 13: They can't just get away with this defamation and the slanderous actions and things that they can just say, oh, sorry, my bad we're not going to do it again. That's not enough because they've done it for so long.
Speaker 14: So I hope he goes forward with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it would certainly send a very strong message to the rest of the media, wouldn't it. Look speaking of lefty media, take a look here at CNN host Abbe Phillips and what she has to say about dealing with conservatives.
Speaker 15: Conservatives are living in a completely different information world.
Speaker 1: Absolutely and liberals, and.
Speaker 15: Breaking that down needs to be done because when you don't ever even hear the facts, it's hard to.
Speaker 1: Even know that you're wrong.
Speaker 15: And that happens a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 15: Half my job sometimes is knowing what the latest conspiration is. Yeah, so that if it comes up, I'm ready to address it, because it happens a lot where people don't even know that what they're saying or what they've seen and believe is not true. I think that one time that that person brings up something that is debunked and false and I debunk it at the table might be the very first time that, if they wanted out there, has heard an alternative point of view.
Speaker 2: This seems very condescending, but Branda, you've appeared on Samon many times with Abby Phillips as a host. What do you make of her comments here?
Speaker 13: I would simply say I can count on my hand. There is one instance in which the chiron on her show told me that young black children were being zip tied by Ice agents. That turned out to be a hoax. It's actually a police officer father arresting his adorable two year old for being too cute.
Speaker 14: But they told me that that was happening.
Speaker 13: And then another time, and then another time there was a fellow guest, Ryan James Dusky on there. You talked about the Ferguson effect. Aby Phillips didn't know what that was, neither did the rest of the panel. So it's almost like we're actually informing them when they're locked in their echo chamber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think she may may need a bit of a lesson in misinformation by the sounds about herself. Brianna Lyman, thank you so much for joining me having me now get a load of this. Donald Trump caused quite the stir on Veteran's Day in the US after making a surprise call in to an ESPN show. The President was asked to lead a group of New Marines enchanting urah, a longtime battle cry for the US Marine Corps, and of course he was only too happy to oblige.
Speaker 3: Mister President, have you ever done an oohrah to a bunch of marines?
Speaker 6: Not the kind that I just heard.
Speaker 3: I just heard a level of professionalism with the way they did it that I don't think anybody can mack you. To be honest, it's very impressive.
Speaker 6: Why don't you drop an urrah real quick?
Speaker 3: I will urrah?
Speaker 6: Yes, okay, we love everything about that.
Speaker 2: And Trump actually dropped an ura twice more during that twenty minute call. And while some humorless critics did have a crack at host Pat McAfee for giving Trump such a big chunk of time on the day, good on McAfee for standing his ground and pointing out the obvious he's the commander in chief.
Speaker 1: Back with more after the break.
Speaker 2: As we told you earlier, President Trump has signed a bill ending the longest running government shutdown in US history forty three days. The bill is expected to bring back federal workers idoled by the shutdown from as early as today now. Part of the reason for the delay in a resolution to all this was because Democrats claimed they were refusing to back a funding bill without renewed and enhanced healthcare subsidies, but Republican House Speaker Mike Johnson reckons it has more to do with internal politics and attamspy New York Democrats like Chuck Schumer to get political cover from the Marxists taking over the party.
Speaker 9: It was a selfish political stunt. It yielded nothing but pain for the American people, and I think the people are it's going to be a long time before they forget this.
Speaker 2: So Sparah thought for the pain of poor Texas Democratic Representative Jasmine Crockett, who voted for the shutdown but still complained about her flight delay.
Speaker 11: Because I want to jump on as my flight has been delayed yet again. But it's agur I am not mad at air traffic controllers whatsoever. I am very happy.
Speaker 16: Access, We're good.
Speaker 11: I'm not mad at air traffic controllers. I'm not mad at any federal workers, except for the ones that have continued to get paid, which means it is like me and my coworkers, but that's a whole other issue. I'm obviously not mad in myself either.
Speaker 2: I reckon we could find a few people, though, who are mad at you, Jasmine Crockett, because let's remind ourselves of the full cost of this historic shutdown.
Speaker 8: Hundreds of thousands of federal employees have missed their paychecks and estimated five point two million travelers have had their flights disrupted over the course of the Democrat shutdown, and our economy has lost billions and billions of dollars in economic activity.
Speaker 2: But according to these Democrats, it was all worth it.
Speaker 6: Shutdown worth it? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I hate it, but yeah, it was worth it.
Speaker 4: Definitely.
Speaker 2: We got people to pay attention to the fact that this is a traumatic in many case, this is life for just situation for people all over this country.
Speaker 1: It was a shutdown worth it.
Speaker 12: I think it worth.
Speaker 2: Billions in economic activity, millions prevented from traveling to see their families or go to work, and thousands of families going hungry. But to these people, some abstract political point was worth it. Joining me now is president at the Center for the American Experiment, John Heindereker. John, thanks for joining me. I just mentioned off the top there. How some Democrats are boasting that the shutdown was worth it. I mean, this was the longest shutdown in history, cost the country millions of dollars and impacted everyday Americans for more than forty days. What do you make of that take that it was all worth it?
Speaker 17: Well, the shutdown is over. The Democrats seemingly gained nothing, and so a lot of people here in America are asking what was the point? What were they really trying to accomplish? And there is a school of thought that the Democrats never really intended to obtain anything tangible, and all they were really trying to do was rile up their base for the sake of the elections that were going on in New Jersey and Virginia. And if that was their goal, I think it succeeded. They got their base riled up, they won those elections by substantial margins, and maybe that that's all they ever really intended. And if that's the case, Caroline, we're going to see the same thing next year. This may have been a trial run for a government shut down in the months leading up to the big twenty twenty six mid term elections.
Speaker 1: It's quite the election tactic, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Along those same lines, I showed Mike Johnson's take that New York Democrats Chuck Schumer and Jeffries. Well, they were thinking more about internal politics in voting against ending the shutdown. What sort of pressure do you think this whole fiasco has put on them?
Speaker 17: You know, it's very hard to say. I mean again, it may have been kabuki theater. Chuck Schumer is regarded as week by some of the real fanatics in the base, but I don't see any real opposition to his status as minority leader in the Senate. And it may be that Schumer was doing exactly what his party wanted him to do.
Speaker 1: Look, I want to move now to energy.
Speaker 2: You've written a great piece this week on your power Line blog about the ongoing dangers of renewable energy, and I bring this up because you even mentioned Australia and how reckless hour renewables pushes. Meantime, you've gone California Governor Gavin Newsom trashing the Trump administration but not showing up to last week's COP thirty climate summit in Brazil.
Speaker 1: Take the look, I.
Speaker 4: Literally came out here.
Speaker 9: I'm just I'm stunned. I'm just stunned.
Speaker 18: I got four kids. The hell's going on in my country now?
Speaker 4: One person from the administration show any respect to any of you, forget politics, disrespect.
Speaker 2: We're in Brazil, John, it seems like Newsom is really pushing hard here to contend for the twenty twenty eight presidential race. Do you think climate and energy will be a key issue over these next three years.
Speaker 17: I think there will be, Caroline so in Brazil, Gavin Newsom was preaching the old time climate religion, and I'm not sure he understands that the wind has shifted on that issue. Donald Trump is withdrawing the United States from these green commitments. He openly denounces the green scam, as he calls it. And you know, Bill Gates wrote that long and really influential memo about the need to step back from climate alarmism and instead focus on global human well being, a very controversial concept, of course on the left. But I think that the winds are blowing in Trump's direction and not Gavin Newsom's. And as you mentioned a moment ago, renewable projects are failing all around the world. You had a big one in Australia, this billion dollar battery project that was derailed by transformer failures. There's a big backlog and trying to get transformers either either built or repaired. It could be years before all those transformers are back on line, and it's the kind of thing that we're seeing all around the world. Meanwhile, of course, you Australians are getting your electricity from coal, which actually works. And in my opinion, what we're seeing is that this so called energy transition just isn't happening. There's more coal being burned than at any time in human history, there's more natural gas being used than at any time in human history. And if we ever do see a transition, it's going to be a transition to nuclear, not to wind and solar.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we certainly have the resources here, the coal, the gas, the uranium. The problem is we just export the coal and uranium elsewhere and we don't want to use it ourselves. I like your part about the winds shifting, because over here we've just.
Speaker 1: Had our coalition.
Speaker 2: I will write leaning party say that they're going to abandon this net zero target emission. So not quite as far as your president has gone and calling all of this out, but I'm moving that direction.
Speaker 1: Look, let's take a look at former.
Speaker 2: US Vice President Kamala Harris claiming she outsmarted Trump in last year's election race.
Speaker 6: And I wasn't about to fall pre or fall into those traps. And part of his strategy and those around him was to try and take me off our gang and message. And I wasn't about to be distracted by those little, those flames that he was trying to throw to get me away from one of my highest priority, which was talking to people about the economy and their well being in terms of their financial well being. And that's so I was. I understood the game that was being played, and I made a decision that I wasn't gonna get played. And checkers, checkers, Yeah, three dimensional jests. I'm telling you, you.
Speaker 2: Know, John, I mean, this woman could have been your president. She is just delusional at this point, isn't she?
Speaker 17: Well, she's delusional. The fact is, Caroline, she is not an intelligent person. She just isn't. And this came through loud and clear during the presidential campaign. All through her career, she's been able to hide the fact she really has no idea what she's doing. But you can't hide in a presidential campaign, and everybody saw it. And so I don't want to beat up on poor Kamala Harris, but the idea that she is somehow outsmarting President Trump by losing to him massively is delusional at best.
Speaker 1: Well maybe that was her plan all along.
Speaker 2: That's smart cookie. The White House announced this week it would consider a fifty year mortgage repayment plan to address the nation's housing crisis. The Federal Housing Finance Agency director said it was a complete game changer for home buyers, while Trump downplayed the hysteria, describing it as quote no big deal, John. Look, we face our own housing crisis here in Australia as well.
Speaker 1: How do you think this plan would work?
Speaker 17: I don't think it's a good idea. And the reason is with a fifty year mortgage, I di'd be years and years and years before you have any equity in your house. I mean, nobody buys a house intending to live in it for fifty years. And a home buyer could buy a house, pay the mortgage for ten years, fifteen years, go to sell the house and realize he hardly has any equity. All he's been paying his interest because of the amorganization schedule. But let's get to the real point. America does have a housing shortage. There are fewer houses in the United States than there were in two thousand and eight, and since then we brought in something like who knows fifteen million or more immigrants. So yes, we have a housing shortage. Why is that there are some areas of the United States where they're building houses like crazy, like for example, Texas, and like Florida, and like Tennessee. There's other places where they can't build houses at all, like California and Illinois and New York. And what's going on there is the taxes and regular relations and fees in those blue states are making it impossible to construct affordable housing. And it's in the red states where you can still build affordable housing. That's where the houses are being built, and that's where the people are moving.
Speaker 2: Well, it'll be interesting to see because, as I say, we have our own housing supply issue. If it does work, then we could be following in Trump the Trump administration's footsteps. John Heinerecher, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 17: Great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Now, don't go anywhere because we have a lot more coming up. But first take a look here. As Illinois Speaker of the House Democrat Chris Welch demanded people stop calling illegal aliens illegal aliens because he says it's like calling African Americans slaves.
Speaker 5: Telling you I don't believe anyone is an illegal alien. That's a terrible term to use about anyone. It's illegal, it's a legal term. It's not a legal term. They used to call black people slaves legally, and it was wrong.
Speaker 1: Wait, weren't their black slaves?
Speaker 2: So we're now supposed to deny that ugly chapter of US history happened. It's a bizarre comparison and one that won't get a single person to stop using the term. Let's all say it together, are legal aliens.
Speaker 1: But back with more.
Speaker 2: Next joining me now is a great friend of the program and political journalist John Fund.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 2: I want to start with Democrat Senator Chris Murphy from Connecticut, who was this week asked whether or not he would run for president in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Well, this was his response.
Speaker 4: What a fool any of us would be to be planning to run in an election that may not happen. Serious about that. All of our energy right now, all of our energy has to be on this project of saving our democracy. None of us should presume that there's going to be again a free and fair election where any Democrat has a shot to win in twenty twenty years.
Speaker 1: John, Yes, that is right.
Speaker 2: Trump is so bad for Democrats that he is going to get rid of elections altogether.
Speaker 18: Well, Donald Trump has certainly been guilty of rhetorical excesses over the years, but this is pure fear mongering. I mean, we tell students that we're supposed to tell students in school that we're a democracy, that there's civics that we should master, that we're all citizens, and this is corrosive in the extreme of any kind of unity in the country. So, yes, Donald Trump has gone too far many times rhetorically. But this Trump's so to speak, even what.
Speaker 2: He does, it's it's insanity. But I guess they have to take it to the next extreme somehow. Let's move to Chicago, where violent crime has fallen sharply since the start of a federal crackdown known as Operation Midway Blitz. As the President noted on Truth Socials, shootings are down thirty five percent, robbery is down forty one percent, and carjackings nearly fifty percent since the operation began several weeks ago. And John, it seems like Trump and his team were were able to do this even in the face of opposition from Illinois, the Illinois governor and the Chicago mayor.
Speaker 18: Well, one of the things that criminologists will tell you is if people are literally giving up on the local police department and they think nothing can be done, that means crimes don't get reported. People don't you know, intercede on the street. They don't want to get involved. So what happens is you have a spiraling social condition in which things get worse and worse. Talking about the problem, elevating it, encouraging people that something can be done about it, showing that the federal government cares can have a positive effect. And I think that's what we're seeing in Chicago. And the mayor should be humiliated by this because for two years he's been saying everything is fine, everything is fine. Well, clearly, if everything was fine, why is crime down thirty five percent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Look, it was only a few months ago where rapper Bad Bunny was announced as next year NFL Super Bowl halftime act. It drew controversy as he's repeatedly voiced his anger at the Trump administration and ice agents. However, take a look here, as one of the co owners of the Dallas. Cowboy is one of the biggest franchises in the NFL. Defended the move.
Speaker 19: We have a mixed culture. I mean our whole our whole society is based on immigrants that have come here and founded our country, and I think we can celebrate that, and I think the show is going to be amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 19: I don't think our game is about politics. I don't think people tune in to look at politics. We do everything we can to avoid politics, and I think in that moment that people will be watching the game, they'll be celebrating music, and nobody will be thinking about who what's comments on the left side, what comments on the right side? That this is about bringing people together?
Speaker 1: John? Do you agree with those comments?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 2: Do you think that Bad Bunny has now alienated a significant.
Speaker 1: Portion I would imagine of the NFL audience.
Speaker 18: Well, in this day and age, almost anyone will alienateively population. I would just say to that co owner, Fine, I have no problem with Bad Bunny, a citizen of a US, citizen of Puerto Rico performing and I don't think any of the criticism of him stems from that. I think it's about politics. But I only have one question for her. Please give me the name of the last halftime performer at such a game who was a clearly identified conservative. I'm waiting, please give me the name.
Speaker 1: You could be waiting for quite a while.
Speaker 18: That performers are all coming from one side of the spectrum, of.
Speaker 2: Course, yeah, I mean they do seem to fool that way, don't they just entertainers generally? But yeah, you raise a good point. I do think you'll be waiting a long time, though. I want to go now to California, where students at Point Loma University have been denied an attempt to establish a school supported Turning Point USA chapter on their campus. Fox News reports the university expressed concerns over the organization's Professor watch List. According to tpusa's website, the Professor watch List aims to expose and document professors who discriminate against conservative students.
Speaker 1: Now, John Charlie Kirk, he.
Speaker 2: Fought for nonviolent, thoughtful political debate on college campuses. What do you think it says now about these colleges that they're trying to fight that exactly?
Speaker 18: Well, it used to be that this university was proud to be called Point Lowman Nazarene University, because it's a school of faith. In fact, James Dobson, the great evangelical Christian, graduated from it. Well, things have moved on a lot. I guess now they not only don't play faith and they celebrate all kinds of alternative clubs on campus, including various gay and lesbian support groups, but they now want to shut down the First Amendment. The First Amendment is all about commenting, and if professors are seeing certain things in class, they should be accountable for them. It's called transparency. Apparently they don't want anyone to know what the professors are saying in class because I suspect some of the donors and alumni wouldn't be happy. Well, you know, it's all about consumer choice, and consumer choice requires information. Obviously the university doesn't want that to get out.
Speaker 1: Well it's so typical, isn't it.
Speaker 2: They want free speech for themselves and their academics, but not free speech for those who may have a problem with what they said. John Fun, thank you so much for joining me.
Speaker 18: Pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you, before we go to a break.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump has expertly trolled both Barack Obama and Joe Biden during a tour of his presidential Walk of Fame with Fox News Laura Ingram.
Speaker 1: This is the presidential Walk of Fame.
Speaker 16: Now, whose idea was my idea?
Speaker 3: Everything's my idea, everything's your idea?
Speaker 1: Okay, sadly, Okay, that's Barcas and Obama. Okay, this is Biden right here.
Speaker 16: Wait a second, the Worst file the profile of Biden.
Speaker 1: So he's the.
Speaker 3: Worst president in the history of our country, and Barcus and Obama's top five meaning bad?
Speaker 18: Are you going to?
Speaker 1: I sat with his actual photo. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It looks like that auto pen portrait is here to stay back next with Only in America and now it's time for a little segment we like to call Only in America. A lefty radio host has proudly shared photos of herself literally licking the boots of a Democrat congresswoman while kissing her shoes anyway. Stephanie Miller posted the photos on x and wrote, why Yes, I did kiss the sneakers of jasmine for us, and I do worship the ground she walks on and she was lovely about it.
Speaker 1: Oh the fawning. It's so cringe.
Speaker 2: And to make matters even more awkward, Miller also posted this and can.
Speaker 14: You confirm it.
Speaker 16: I just kissed your sneakers. This is a future senator of the great State of Texas. Have a missed Tad cru so much, He's so likable.
Speaker 2: It's not even the first time the sycophantic host has laid it on thick with Jasmine Crockett. Last year, Miller shed another groveling clip after the pair met at the Democratic National Convention A.
Speaker 16: Warren representative Crockett, I'm gonna start.
Speaker 11: She is not going to cry out.
Speaker 14: I love you so much, seriously to thank you so much.
Speaker 16: You are teaching the world how to alpha liberal. I'm telling you that Harris campaign has taken a page from your.
Speaker 2: Book, and how did that work out for the Kamala Harris campaign.
Speaker 1: That's all for tonight.
Speaker 2: I'll see you back here next week for the US Report.
Speaker 1: Now it's time for left.
Speaker 2: He's losing it with Rita Panahee.