Speaker 1: Appologie production. Today's topic is I don't have time. It's something that is such a common theme in today's society, especially with mums and how we're juggling so many balls in the air. I always use that term so you get such a good enogy is yep, you know, some fall down and it's really hard to juggle. I can't even juggle. But a lot of us use that I don't have time, and I just wanted to give a different perspective and a different language. Switch that really really helped me. So when you say I don't have time, catch yourself and be like ooh, change the language to that's not a priority for me. So at the end of the day, you will always find time for what's important for you. And I'm not saying it's not hard. I get it. I've got kids, I run multiple businesses, so do you. I get it so valid. But when you switch it to that's not a priority to me, you feel an energetic shift in your body because it's like, oh, interesting, Yep, that's actually not important to me. And why I say I want to call ourselves out is because there's certain things that I say I don't have time for and clearly I do have time for yeah, same with you. Yeah, the first one that I do, I say I don't have time to read and I don't have time to meditate. But I would love to track how much time I spend editing content, editing videos, applying to dms, replying to emails, planning out my week for the stuff, like so much time that I don't really need to be that far ahead, or I could definitely switch out half an hour of that for half an hour of reading or meditating. But often I'll say I don't have time to meditate, I don't have time to read my book, but I've spent an hour editing, you know, for videos for socials next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's like you just got to catch yourself out when you say that. Just be like actually reflect, Like I would love you guys to reflect on your day to day. How often are you clicking into Instagram for no apparent reason. How often are you clicking into TikTok and having a twenty minute scroll forty minutes scroll? How often are you watching Netflix and catching up on your TV shows? Which I think it's all in moderation. I love Netflix, I love doing all of it. But there's got to be a balance. And if you find that your mental health has being affected your emotional well being, you want to improve. You've got goals to here. You do need to take responsibility and go Well, if I want to be that person and get to those goals, I need to change some of my habits and implementing meditation allows me to be the calm mom that I want to be. That's the value of mine. So my actions and my systems, my rituals, my habits need to match up with my goals. Yeah, me, not meditating doesn't match up for me wanting to be a really calm zen person. No, I want to read more. It's really relaxing for me. I get lost in a book. I enjoy it. If it's book porn, it turns me on. Like, there's lots of benefits. So it's got to match up. But it's so easy to just say you don't have time. At the end of the day, we feel like we don't have time. But you have to make the time. Yeah, you have to, that's what.
Speaker 3: I was saying to Actually, is one this morning, like with my walks and stuff like that. Obviously, if you guys have been listening along, You'll know, REGI girl has not been sleeping great. I was getting up early in the morning going for a walk and it's just not happening right now, and I was like, so I switched my routine.
Speaker 2: It is a priority.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's something that really sets me up for the day. It's something that I feel so much better for And if you do it early on in the day, you just feel like you've done something for you for the day.
Speaker 2: So the rest of the day can kind of just lead on from that and you're happy.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel, and it changes your state for the whole day totally.
Speaker 3: So now I've had to switch that up and change it from early in the morning because I'm needing my sleep right now too. Okay, soon as dropped the kids off from school, I'm shuffling around the way I do things for this season, and I'm going for a walk then.
Speaker 2: So I mean eighty percent of the time I have rega goal.
Speaker 3: With me in the prem i am not doing it in the way that I had before, but it's still a priority, and I'm still creating a new space and a new pocket of time to fit it in because for me, that's more important than a lot of areas in my life. I want to be healthy, I want to be fit, I want to be able to do fun things with my kids, and I want to feel good within myself and feel confident. And I feel like doing all those things for yourself builds that. And even dance class, you know, like as you said, like how much we both like love our sleep, and we love it so much. But then it's like for dance class, for us, it's worth having that one night of compromising a little bit of sleep to do something that lights usupper makes us feel so so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take so many boxers, hey, it really does. Is making that time. Yeah, and it is tricky. Like we said, we've got multiple kids, multiple brands and businesses. And I know a lot of you listening too, even if you're a stay at home mum, Like it is hard to find those pockets of times, But how do you make it work? Like from when Tyler was a newborn to where she's at now, it's completely changed my routine. When she was up all night, I didn't set my alarm at four thirty to get up. I was getting as much sleep as I could because that was important. But when she had a nap. That's when I'd pull out my app and do a quick workout. You've got to be flexible and adaptable to whatever season you're in. But it's so easy for us to just be like, I don't have time to do.
Speaker 2: That, and you know what else?
Speaker 3: Like, how about as well, like instead of being like, oh, like I was doing an hour walk, I was doing a massive big walk, but like lately it's twenty minutes per but I'm still doing it. You're better off to go for ten minutes, even go twice around the block. But just by showing up and doing that for you yourself, even if it's way less time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, building that habit so good, so good.
Speaker 3: So I'll call myself out on some stuff that I have been saying I haven't got time for. Most of these things are actually because you have to be organized beforehand. So sauna, and it's so great. I can work in the sauna, I can read in the sauna, I can do pretty much anything I want in there. But I've got to be up and like be prepared and turned on let it heat up first, So take twenty minutes, but that's fine, or even at night before bed, like instead of laying in bed and watching a show, sit in the sauna and watch a show. You can do it in there as well, like everything you can do, but I just like put it off and I know it makes me feel so much better. And same as the cold therapy, I said to Ashley as well. But then again, it's just being prepared. It's like, okay, her, you keep missing it, so set an alarm. Yeah, remind yourself. Put a reminder in your phone, stick, something on the fridge so when you go down to beea coffee go oh yeah, shit, won tend the sawna on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, like I'm the only person who I can hold responsible for making sure that I do the rituals to feel the best that I can feel. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so interesting when you're pack it. And I guarantee majority of people listening. You are watching more Netflix than what you realize, and you're scrolling more than you realize, and you're just not utilizing your time as productively as what you could be. Yeah, and you know where you want to go, and you've got your goals in place and your values, you've got to make sure that all of your habits and rituals match up.
Speaker 3: To that.
Speaker 1: Otherwise nothing's going to change. If you don't.
Speaker 2: Change, nothing changes. If nothing changes.
Speaker 1: I love that quote. It's the best. It's the best in my app. We have now ten different twenty eight day programs. But I work with women. I've worked with women for over fifteen years, and I don't have time. Is a common thing. Like I said, this sparks this whole conversation, and I hear it from so many moms. I wanted to kind of take away that excuse and debunk it and give them a solution. So I went to leave on the team. It's like, I've got our next challenge idea. I want to call it express, and I want to do twenty eight days only twenty minutes stay. That's all every woman has to find, and that is so doable. Like anyone if you're a stay at home mum, if you're working, no matter what, we can all find twenty minutes, like guarantee, whether it's early morning, late night, when they nap, in between, when hby gets home, like whatever it is, you can find twenty minutes a day. So we've created this program and I'm so freaking proud of I said to Kia, because you're hating going to the ams, like do the express one. It's literally like a mixture of hit weights. There's a meditation, there's a stretched session, there's a dance class, like a yoga. It's it's literally everything. It's so much fun. No two days are the same, and anyone can do it. And you do it in the comfort off your own home. So it's not even the time to go to the gym, drive back to the gym, because with kids sometimes adds another it's on top of your workout, you'll be a two hour sash like no working out from home. Twenty minutes. That's all you have to commit, and you can get an amazing results. You can fill your own cup up, improve your fitness, show your kids what you're doing, get your husband involved. Like so, I'm so proud of it. All the girls in my private forum are so pumpful because they're like, yes, I can do this. It's so achievable. Sometimes if you look at like a workout, we've been sold this story that you have to go to the gym for like an hour a day or like an hour and a half and like do these massive sessions. It's not the case. It really isn't and I'm so glad that I've created a program that now can fit for anyone and everyone, but especially my busy gals and my busy mums that are struggling to find that time to put their health and fitness as a priority.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I really like too, how you spoke about working out in front of your kids, because all throughout the Spicy Flu, Kurt and I exercised in front of the kids every single day because Kurt like prioritizes Jim like it's so important to him and he loves lifting weights in that so we would just do it together out in the yard. Kids would be out with us, they'd be jumping on the trampoline. We'd give them little things to do. And I think sometimes we tell ourselves a story as well, we need to wait till our kids are not around, or our kids and napping. But you really can do it with your kids as well, and like, yeah, sometimes you might have to stop and start a little bit, but like I reckon fifty to fifty, actually, you could get a good one in and be like, oh my gosh, that was so great.
Speaker 1: And so what if you have to stop and give them a drink to eat or even on the app, you can literally push pause and get back to it.
Speaker 2: You're still getting it done.
Speaker 1: You're still getting it done. Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. So a bit of a shorter episode today, but we just wanted to unpack that because it's something that I think we all struggle with. Like I said at start, we do too. I'm guilty, we're calling ourselves out. Yeah, but when you've got that self award, you can start to catch a quicker. Now when I say that, I'm like, oh, hang on a second, you're a bullshin. You can meditate, put that phone down and chuck on. Even if it's a five minute meditation. Yea literally type in YouTube five minute meditation for productivity or five minute meditation for anxiety, five minute meditation for sleep. Just pop it on, commit do it. And the more that you do it, the more it becomes a habit, the more you don't have to even have to think about it consciously. It'll just become a part of what you do.
Speaker 3: And I feel like it's a roll on effect too, because like you're talking to me about meditation and that as well. Whenever I'm regularly doing my sauna, is I meditate at the start, so I do both. But then as soon as I stop doing my saunas, I'm not meditating. And then the same thing. If you stop doing your walks, you probably go, oh, you're feeling more thired, you haven't.
Speaker 2: Got that energy boost, You're not going to work out.
Speaker 1: It's a role on. You just want to work out every day. I'm more motivated and want healthier food. If I'm like throwing a bit tired and sluggish, I crave more sugar and I'm not as prepared. So is that roll on effects.
Speaker 3: Yeah,