Speaker 1: And what a day he's had. You've just rolled back in, Matthew, into the podcast studio, into the home, no shower, sleepy in the eyes. You have had one of the worst travel. You don't have a lot of luck with travel home.
Speaker 2: I don't like you're eleven hours late.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Trius, you missed it from Nevada earlier in the year. He might have had the little of trouble on that way as well.
Speaker 2: See what happens when I'm not there.
Speaker 1: They tried to bump into Economy X.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then they and on the way have lost my bag and the way over this one you lost like dover.
Speaker 2: And do you know what, he didn't have a meltdown?
Speaker 1: Did you not melt down?
Speaker 4: Back?
Speaker 1: No, because can you tell people what exactly happened?
Speaker 4: I look what happened, and like it was, it was just a series of series of events. So flow from Washington to Dallas and everything's okay there and then all of a sudden we're about to board. Everyone on the plane they said, oh, look there's been a bit of a something happened on there's a plane that's having difficulties. Unfortunately it's blocked our path. Picking so we're gonna have to wait for that's fixed. So they kept delaying this twenty minutes, twenty minutes, twenty they sort of dripped fed your bad information.
Speaker 3: So that is so true. I hate it on a flight when you know you've got to be there. And I'm also like, I rather know that it's only half an hour, even if it's going to be two hours, just so I can think short goals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mate, And they just dripped for you just end up to about two hours later. Because even then they went, okay, now, guys, we've got further our news. Although it's moved. We've moved the other plane. Our plane suddenly has got have some difficulties. It's getting work done. So about two and a half hours we get on we jump on board right and they go okay, goes just a little bit of people work to do here. And then forty minutes later he goes. The guy goes, okay, guys, hate to hit me some further bad news. But union union rules dictate that the crew can't be in the air more than a certain amount of hours, and if we fly from here to Sydney, that exceeds by an hour. So guys, we're going to fly you to Auckland firstly, and we're going to see whether then we can get another crew on. You guys, disembark, go out, get another crew on, or you stay the night in Auckland. And everyone's on plate Like I just went. I just flew with it. But he had people on the plane. There's a bloke behind me. He had his had to be back for his daughter's birthday. How old was she? Well, he was actually the guy from who won Survivor of America.
Speaker 1: He were sitting next to it behind me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was getting off, he said, and he was asking me in He was an Australian guy. He won it over there.
Speaker 2: I think he's like the overall Chap. I read something about him.
Speaker 1: I think I've met him before.
Speaker 2: Think they got champions.
Speaker 1: He's an Aussie. Yeah, and he's won the whole Yeah, because they must have done like a country version of.
Speaker 2: I think so, like he won the overall. Yeah, you remember reaching.
Speaker 4: He asked me, said what are you doing? He said, over there, they're always looking for people from different countries to do it. Would you be interested in doing it? And said Survive of America? And I said, mate, there.
Speaker 2: Is not a chance in the that's one thing I do. I'd love Survivor. Yeah, yeah, would be cool.
Speaker 1: But let's be honest, like Dad on Survivor, Survivor of all the reality, Dad, it was good.
Speaker 4: What is like?
Speaker 2: It's not like the Army one.
Speaker 1: No, but it's not like you need to be skilled on things like hunting and fishing.
Speaker 3: Not so much. It's more of it. It's like the it's similar to mafia in a way. It's psychological. You've got to sort of manipulate people. It is more physical than that. But I can already see Dad's theme song if you walked out for Survivor, it would be something like Survivor by Destiny's Child.
Speaker 4: I was thinking more of either Tiger by being Survivor first.
Speaker 1: I was afraid?
Speaker 2: Is that by Servi No?
Speaker 1: And what's the song called I Will Survive?
Speaker 4: I will survive?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Getting back, we're okay, We're okay.
Speaker 2: There was a good crew on the that's the worst thing that happens. You're okay, right, That's what I didn't fall out of this guy.
Speaker 1: Did you. There comes a certain point when you delayed that much you almost wish you had.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true.
Speaker 4: Getting back, we got back. It was a good result.
Speaker 1: Can I ask right, because I get like, did you have was there a moment if you have any incidents?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: You did at all. No, I didn't mate because I've got a bloke with Ben Hogarth. Of course people knowing from you does your flesh and heind and stuff. Leon was on the trip as well. But Ben is a real can do man morning Glory, his can do man. So he just goes no problem and to go and ask him about this is what. But even he was starting to lose. He was fraying around there. First time I've seen it from the Big Yetti's funny.
Speaker 1: I was telling someone. I was telling someone and Trisha your the best person to I suppose agree with me on this. Dad is almost like an Australian post package, right. All you need to do you need to write down his contact information, where he's going, and you need to basically deliver him straight to the odd post guy. I get it scanned and he's just delivered through it. Like, don't do anything on your own. So when you when you have someone like Ben Hogarth there, who I suppose is like your carrier. He's a boat that's literally driving you from A to B when things go wrong, you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 4: I take care of it, shows that I am seriously oc. Do you want to get some travel? I put my wallet and my passport in the bag and I put it in the other head locker, and I go, oh, what if it might have fallen out? Well, get up to put two or three different times.
Speaker 1: Your wallet sees you. I reckon thirty times just staring at it.
Speaker 4: Should we got a collar?
Speaker 3: Should we get him a collar? Just like a gold collar that has all this contact information on it?
Speaker 1: And ah do you think?
Speaker 3: Do you think like? Because in the TV world, Matthew, as you say, you'll were regarded as hosts are technically regarded as talent, and then the producer, the producer has to sort of sometimes, you know, do a lot of groundwork for the talent. Do you think it's in the producer's role to be have to be their escort?
Speaker 4: I will say, will say, Jack, I absolutely despise that word that we'll look after. I love that word. Chout out to all the girls out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the centers who are running wingers.
Speaker 2: Off the ball. Nicely played Trish.
Speaker 1: You might be Dad today, you might be the one I'm bouncing off today. Well, not very funny from you. Sorry dog, What were you saying?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I was saying that I forget that doesn't but it was I'm got to say it was an amazing trip. It was an amazing trip. So much we did so much. It was so much fun.
Speaker 2: Washington, d C. As a city, good city.
Speaker 4: Really nice and and it's look we went there because you did the whole the UFC thing and go into the White House and all that sort of stuff. It was served on a plate a little bit. Yeah, but it's a good city. I'd recommend people going to have a look. Like the history of it's pretty amazing.
Speaker 2: That's what I've heard. It's a great historical city.
Speaker 4: Even the bars you go to. You walk into certain bars and they say, mate, this is the place where Lincoln would drink like way back, and yeah, so it's a lot of a lot of history.
Speaker 2: So hot nearly almost forty you've come back with the ten forty.
Speaker 4: Degrees and there was a big thing on for the night with the UFC. Number one been too hot, number two. So they had about four or five mats that are going to change after its fight if it was too hot or it had been raining, but it didn't matter. It was perfect condition.
Speaker 2: Is that another reason that they had it on so late?
Speaker 4: Probably? No, that was just for the international audience and the American audience on the East and West coast right. But it was Yeah, the event itself. Going to the event, it was pretty crazy. If it reminded where where all the public were reminded me of the big, big day out like the music festival.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's years ago were they are doing drugs?
Speaker 3: No big day years ago when I went there twenty thirteen, the year the year before they canceled and it was the Australian Record Australia Day and Dad was there with a few with a pretty wild crew from Triple.
Speaker 4: We get the photo the bloke hanging dick out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dovak's cousin.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack played junior footy with do back.
Speaker 4: He used to a calm Matt Johnson bloken photo a trip Land were going on make We put a statement out and I said, mate, I've got a photo with a bloke and he hang his slug out uncircumcised too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not that it did look like.
Speaker 4: It actually was. I've seen a few I've got there.
Speaker 1: I've got the picture too, still on my phone. We obviously probably can't put it out with the slug in it, but maybe we can put a little like my face. We can put my face over the slug anyway, irrelevant, but dick face. So that was actually called that was called a sneaking nut. So at the time, angry boys, Angry boys, what's the was the actor of Chris Lily, the Little Man, Lil Wayne and Chris Lily. He they had a thing in there called a sneaking nut where he always just take pictures with his nut out. And this guy thought, I'm going to take it to the next level with Maddie John's and he pulled his whole YAMJ.
Speaker 3: Fan apparently crystally. He listens to Matthew honestly and everything. Yeah, I heard that.
Speaker 2: It's actually really clearly you want him. I could not imagine would you make that up? Jack got me. I was like, he'd be a great interview.
Speaker 4: But it was in the area just outside that was the main area of the White House, but just outside that had this huge, huge park, eighty thousand people there.
Speaker 1: What was because you did we spoke to you in the lead up, but like the actual day, the night itself was insane. How how the atmosphere there because we see State of Origin people are drunk everywhere. Was it like that?
Speaker 4: I'll say this, The atmosphere on the night was electric. Flying when it started, when when Dana Trump and when Dana Trump, when Dana White.
Speaker 2: And Donald trumped out of the.
Speaker 4: Oval Office together, Mate, the Plano was just going absolutely bananas. I've never felt anything like it.
Speaker 3: The photos are epic, like the photos that I don't know who if it was the UFC or the White House staff that were getting the photos of them as they're walking out, but there's a shot right behind them as the planes are going like the jets are going over like the White House, and it's like a shot of them watching it as the crowds in front of them from behind. Jack, insane, Jack.
Speaker 4: The jets came over like just at full force and they weren't like there are only about two hundred meters in the air. And Mate, it was actually her.
Speaker 2: You could feel it was the.
Speaker 4: Pain it felt through your body.
Speaker 2: It was I was about to say, what is the name for that is?
Speaker 4: But it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: And interviewing a lot of the fighters before it made a lot of the fighters Class Acts. They're really really good, except that dead shot is said made. There was a big blow up. The people who were Trump fans there were blowing up when he goes, Michelle Obama is a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just I was watching that. In the same interview he said like he was, like, I love Jesus Christ and then called out Alex Pereira and like and called out his mum and then said Michelle Obama's a man. I was so confused. I don't know that he's going on his rambling.
Speaker 4: But when we did the interview day we interviewed Ilia and justin Gagee. He walked in and he was standing there putting some around, saying a thing, and the guy said, the guy from the UFC goes, Maddie, would you like to interview him? I said absolutely not. He just could see he was a cock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, it was cool like it was it's it's the most American thing that you'll ever see in your life, like just patriotic, like the veterans walking him out on the White House lawn. It got me thinking, what is the most Australian thing we like in terms of venue. If we were to put a big sporting event on like say we put a state of origin in an event, or a fight is easier, like a fight on the harbor bridge, that'd.
Speaker 2: Be pretty Where is everyone watching it?
Speaker 3: There's on the bridge the bridge, Yeah, well on boats and that like below.
Speaker 1: I don't know, or imagine like in the.
Speaker 3: Outbout boating pontoon in Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 2: In Sydney Harbor and then you're on the bridge watching it and she's gonna have boats around.
Speaker 1: You're amazing, you know else to be sick, like in the outback. When people think of Australia International, you think like as Rock in the background, people just fighting and kangaroos they just and they.
Speaker 2: And the cameras everywhere. Camel's everywhere, But you don't think.
Speaker 1: Of camels in Australia.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think the fight would be the main draw card. I think if we're doing in Australia, it have to be like a horse race, you know what I mean, something like that, like something that sort of goes in hand with Australian culture.
Speaker 4: But it was just it's the patriotism is just the level and all the marines were there, but you walk into a bar. You walk into a bar in an American and something like a and something happened in America and they'll all stand everyone at the bar and do it for the national anthem. Stuff like that had like on the I Got cornered the day at the White House when you're going around with the Japanese guy Steve McGregor stuff, and.
Speaker 2: By the way, you've got his guard.
Speaker 4: At the the White House grounds on on Fight Night, there was all these college blakes and one of them goes, hey, are you that's Steve mcgre guy said yeah, I said yeah, I am that, and he goes, guys, come over, let's get a photo. Step McGregor guy with the Japanese guy, and that one of.
Speaker 2: Them did know that you went a box.
Speaker 4: They absolutely they were fully aware of that.
Speaker 3: Can I ask you, Matthew, because you're over there at the same time the Knicks he won the basketball, So there's a lot of footage of Ben Still, Timothy shallow May getting around of them. They're just lurking in the background. In fact, when they won, Timothy shallow May got accidentally got the winning champagne in his eye and he was like the thing and he's going, I'm not an athlete. I'm not an athlete. Pretty believable.
Speaker 4: I should get the big video for the podcast for Leon. We went to a bar and saw it. Leon is a lifelong Knicks fan. He was standing on the bar, Leon with his shirt off, just with his singler, just waving it around. Mate. People loved Leon over there. It's just a big, tall guy. It's a nice guy. People would drop mat He was fighting people off with a stick. The female variety.
Speaker 2: Really, Leon's wife is not going to be happy about that.
Speaker 4: Well, and was he loyal one dog, one barn for Leon? He was.
Speaker 3: That's so.
Speaker 1: That's so. It is weird though, like American apart from him being Aussie as well to love the accent. They love a tall man. I suppose it's because of basketball and their athletes over there are always so tall and lanky. Yeah, you know, he like we saw a tall, lanky athlete. We're like, look at you, you're big.
Speaker 3: Because we related, We related to our sports and like being that tour wouldn't really work in Australian.
Speaker 4: Sports, hence why and nearly broke his neck hearing that time. But it was really good. Some of the other stuff like on that we did over there was Joey Apatow. He was over there.
Speaker 2: Of course you having dinner with them all, and they're they're chit chatting and hadn't fights, and you were very quiet.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, what was the go because we reposted that video on our backstage socials, but that when Terrence Crawford and they got the other kind event. There they're going at each other, calling each other out. And I was just watching it because it was on a big social media page of America Ringside magazine, and I was watching it before it even got sent to me. And then it just flashes over and you're sitting at your there like this.
Speaker 3: You had your homo simce the moment you looked so out of plants.
Speaker 1: You're just waiting to jump in and go. Hang on, guys, did you see iazy Kata was ball playing last night against the Redcliffe Dolphins? But you actually like Tommy Starling sent it to me in the end, and Tommy Starling's massive You're c fan loves it and he sent me this photo a company. He said, this is the most accurate depiction of how your dad looks right now. And it was all these US marines about to like in Iraq about to kick in the door and there was a clown next to him.
Speaker 4: That's what it was with Joyce, the Central Coast boy. He lives on the Gold Coast. He's the best, like his incredible fighter. It was Cruizwey champion in the world till he signed with Dana White's new new boxing troupe and they stripped him the titles. But he's going to be because different different. But we went out and had a drink and as we're walking back to the hotel, he said a couple of fighters but me and said, you know, come to this bar. Do you want to come? And I went okay. You know when I walked in went holy.
Speaker 1: Fuck, it's Terrace crawl for you didn't even know agin.
Speaker 4: I didn't know. I didn't know. I was having tennis And he mentioned kind of band, kind of band. He actually lived in Australia for about five years. His dad's Nigel Band, who was one of the greatest fighters of all time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I've heard the old man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nigel Man. He exit the Blacktown PC and Condor has gone back now he's a huge fighter now. But he and Terrace Crawford, how you saw they were just going into each other continually, and.
Speaker 1: It's hard to tell. It's hard to tell, but you would have known me sometimes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But was it like I kept referring that that one kind of Ben go oh, mate, you have a go at him. Then Crawford to go back at him, and they both go to Gie and Giant. Then you said that video and Giye's laughing because he's given it to both of them. But there was some I will say this, there was a moment that was just intriguing. But fifteen twenty, they start talking about other fighters and they were talking about Gie was talking about how you beat Ryan Garcia. He was saying to Connor Band, you've got to do this, and you get a split second, mate. Gi is the most unlike His ability like explain the fight game and how he tracks, how he fights the parents is unbelievable, the science of it. But then Connor Ben says to Terence Crawford, who at the moment's probably pound for pound number one in the world. I mean, he's just beaten Canela. He goes, would you have beaten Mayweather? It is prime.
Speaker 2: This was a discuss and he just went He sat there.
Speaker 4: And goes, well, what are you going to stand about Floyd? He said, Floyd tricks boxing, locks the game of chess, and I fucking love chess. I thought it was just a really good line. So I was sitting there was there for an hour and a half and I thought, you know what, it's time to go. But as I was about to go, I said, fellows on a call time on this. I just want one more thing to say and point in a kind of Derris Corbyn said, will you fucking blokes at least agree on one thing, because anyone like one could have said, mate, that's blue and he goes name, it's fucking red and that they that looks.
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 1: Did you tell did you talk? Because I imagine Ji like obviously guys, he's a league man, he knows le but like how did how did he introduce you to sort of like was he kind of like this is like that was so that was.
Speaker 4: Such nice guys. When I watched I walked in their managers and that were there and I saw oh and I said, hey boys, because there was a camera crew from Paramount, you know, doing a bit of thing on Terrence Crawford, and I sort of walked in and saw it all the wh I might be imposing and the managers and that went and Terrence Crawford said, no, no, come and sit down.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, and then the camera went and you just went, can you just get that camera on me for a second? Hey, you guys working to dinner with me?
Speaker 4: When they were calling each other out and I was sitting there, I was sae. I was thinking about you blakes back here. When the camera came on.
Speaker 3: You're just going, I want a milkshake, I want two burgers, I want fries.
Speaker 1: That was brilliant. Well, lots have been going on here since you like you're Washington Chip. Great, but Trisha, it's been pretty crazy here as well, aren't it.
Speaker 2: It's pretty crazy here. We're about to renovate and we've got to move out. We moved up and we.
Speaker 1: Got about when this comes out. We probably got another three four days till we're moving out. And we've been doing a lot of the heavy lifting.
Speaker 2: We have been literally doing the heavy round. Do you been doing the most?
Speaker 1: I would probably say you, But in terms of physical demand, I would probably say me, because you're like, oh, you've got tennis elbows really bad.
Speaker 2: My neck.
Speaker 1: Apparently that means you can't lift anything.
Speaker 2: It's really painful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I imagine. I can't imagine. I've been watching you do it. But packing is ship the worst.
Speaker 2: No, it's moving, moving.
Speaker 1: But I'm even like pack packing even to go overseas.
Speaker 2: No, that's nothing.
Speaker 4: Moving Its not good for do you what moving? Packing to go overseas bad? And repacking together?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and unpacking it's not great for you either. And what else isn't good for? Cooking and cleaning?
Speaker 3: The podcast probably making love.
Speaker 4: Exactly lazy gold medal and that now my mighty tidies. Guys, I get the text message through from Jack. Got the retro round come this week?
Speaker 3: This week, this weekend, they got the charges Jersey back on.
Speaker 4: Kept the charger is going to make an appearance. I heard, I heard it's going to be there.
Speaker 3: Let's hope he's got those misdemeanors sort of out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but Jack Ringsman goes. I would listen to the first pick when Tigers are in front twelve nil, I just doze back off. Jack text me halftime twenty four to twelve. Mate, boys are flying great. I thought they got it in the bag.
Speaker 3: Thirty but they were all over twenty four points by any rugby league, like an analyst, ever's gone, the momentums on their side, the game's gone.
Speaker 1: I was, I was nearly going to text Jack privately because Jack, like every try, he'd go, oh they've scored just after half times. Stop about to text Jack and go Jack, please stop. Yeah, I know what's I know what's coming. Just wait till you get the seventieth minute before you give him the good news, because Dad's going to be on a sky high over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, guys, I was.
Speaker 4: I fell asleep, had the most beautiful dream. I dozed off and there's a school damn. Butte I swear was the extended highlights Kiana.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's on the again, like it's that second half, the second half of the halves. He just runs right through the middle like it's just like support running through the middle.
Speaker 2: Lovely to watch, very very cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just one of those. It's one of the games. It's the game at the moment. It's so good to watch. It's just so attacking, so attacked, and I get that you're one of the mighty tidies to win, but I mean the spectacle of that game. It went straight to the last minute. It was very good to watch.
Speaker 2: Well you know what, Matt, Well, obviously we had Gab here last week in your place, so he did your tips yep. And you know he's a old Tigers man, so he actually dipped the Doggers. You actually got that one, Jesus. So you got three points last week thanks.
Speaker 1: To GAVs actually hard round tip. Also this weekend, I know Jack is saying they got the retro round on this week and bring the Jerseys back. But Sea Dog, he's going to be out for the whole weekend. I've got Old Boys weekend.
Speaker 2: Who they playing.
Speaker 1: They're playing the Raiders at home Sunday afternoon. But Sea Dog, I've taken my radio studios off. I'm going down Thursday night, so yesterday when this pott is out and I'm on for the whole weekend with the old boys. There's a big crew.
Speaker 2: Man, be sensible.
Speaker 3: How are you accepted by the older old because obviously you're early retireing.
Speaker 1: And I got a list of everyone going, and so I kind of did that.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, I wonder if Nelson going.
Speaker 1: Nelson to Solomon. No, he's not. Well, he's got fights to prep for.
Speaker 4: Beat George Burgess.
Speaker 1: So I'm the youngest guy there by like seven. Yeah, there's a few mild like boys who I play with, like Christian Welch.
Speaker 2: And Dale Fernuthen and Dale Darren.
Speaker 1: Shaanig Vin Diesel shout out to in weekend of Bernie's Diesel young Young. Yes, but then you've got like g I G I is.
Speaker 4: Going to be yes, Well, who'll be there?
Speaker 1: Toho, Harris don't. I didn't look at that intently in the list. Maybe there's about forty people. They're all trying to get down there. I don't know if it's gonna bellout this last year or not.
Speaker 4: So well, jack out about last round of the year. We're going to gather the nights old boys.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking that last round of the year. They've actually us talking to Croik yesterday and a few of the boys they've actually got the buye. So I don't know when their old boy's days. Usually the last home game of the year, it's either going to be that second last one, or it might even be a couple of weeks before it.
Speaker 4: Would we give the Knights? Are we the first father and son? Yeah?
Speaker 2: We were.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure we were the first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for the Knights nights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not father Yeah, Jack, we've got to girl.
Speaker 3: First father son for the nights. We've had three years to do it, we haven't.
Speaker 4: It's a busy time of year for it now, clashes on and they've been playing on the Sunday. So if they're a Friday or Saturday mate with it.
Speaker 1: It's the last home game of the year. I'll scan ahead. It just might. Yeah, Jack said, they've got to buy there Go Media Stadium, second last round McDonald Jones Stadium. Guess what right on a Saturday three pm? I guess who it's against? The Manly Seagulls.
Speaker 4: Jack, We're there, and you get there with you with the golden I'll come with my golden Eagle shirt. Okay, sorry, true Jack, lock it in. We're there.
Speaker 1: It is twenty second of August.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Guys.
Speaker 4: Of all the strange, awkward things I've ever seen in my life, the the Travoivich brothers, brothers doing the dance, he's one of Ben Jake has never looked so white in his life.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, right, because because Turbo, like if they tried even Turbo's first dance looked like his partner Christie was just holding him up like I looked like weekend at Bernie's. It's just that none of great footballers and excellent athletes, but the athletic gene doesn't translate to dancing, and none of those guys got the dancing gen, particularly Jake Ben.
Speaker 2: Ben was having a go.
Speaker 1: Ben was that he tried. No, he was that drunk.
Speaker 4: The beer on his head.
Speaker 1: He did a straight armed skull, so he had a beer and he just pulled yeah, because it's Oni. It was on TikTok and it's going. I think Christie Turbo's partner posted it and it was they've been rehearsing this thing. And even the brother Luke, like the Trevroyvitch, they're just not blessed with very good feet.
Speaker 3: And even the Toms, I think I think some of Tom's fourth tackle carries so different.
Speaker 1: Benny had got himself that drunk, just for the confidence to do it, and then by two hours later his suit was covered in espresso Martiniz every drink since he'd straight armed, so straight armed, like it's impossible to get it all in your mouth. It was just all over. Every time you hugged him, you're nearly stuck to it.
Speaker 4: Because he's fairly he's a fairly modest, reserved sort of kid.
Speaker 1: Yes, holy ships, he's the loosest of the lot though he's the youngest mate. But he's also Turbo's best mate. Hugh Pratt Jack remember Hugh Prattle, Yeah played, he played under twenties with in that great under twenties manly side.
Speaker 3: That Turbo is like a little little Harry Grant.
Speaker 4: He is.
Speaker 1: He is, yeah, but he's obviously not playing for Queen's and Maroons to captaining his club side. But Hugh Pratt was a great player back in the day, but he's equally as awkward. It's like, it's like, so you see him in the background.
Speaker 2: Hey, John Travolta stopping so judging you've seen me?
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 2: I know you're a great answer. You know your all arms, you're the m man.
Speaker 1: And the hips, oh you know, but not the ass as mister as easy guys. Okay, there's something that's caught my eye through the week I want to bring up as well, because it's the fee for World Cup soccer Ruod, which is outstanding, right, and we've got little Luigi, He's got his little soccer Jersey.
Speaker 2: I know it's so cute sent it, but.
Speaker 1: An Argentinian YouTuber just before the World Cup started, Tim Paine, who's a who's a New Zealand he want he was the least followed soccer player going to the World Cup, and this Argentinian influencer said, we want to find the least followed on social media, and all of my followers go and following him. He went from four thousand to five point eight million followers. So now he's gotten all these brand deals and stuff and he's playing. He's playing in the New Zealand soccer team, so he's a good player. But he's just signed with the Division one Paraguay team as well, and people are like like and it's like it's a good player. But I think it's it's also to do with how big he's branded.
Speaker 4: Stuff is, but how good Like the Koowis were good man, the kooli Is. One of their opening goals was outstanding soccer Us. The great thing over there, like guys, is that the Americans has just been hammering the soccer US and usually with think it's a big story here in Australia because they've just put like the American pundits are going, oh mate, that's just a walk up starts a lay up beating them. But it's a big story over there as well because when soccer, when Australia won two nil over the Turks, suddenly people are going, well, hang on, we might have a bit of fight in our hands. And that's same bloke who was hammering just came out of gas ot please and they asked Harry Curle, who was over to here. They said to Harry Cule, oh what do you think about that? Hercule? What do you mean? They said? If you heard of this guy, he goes really ever heard of him? So it's just they're coming up on. I think it's as we're recording this, it's going to happen later that night. It's a massive game. If if we get a drawer out of this game, even better knock over the Yanks. We're through to the second straight.
Speaker 1: It is cool, how like, Look, we don't really follow like soccer year to year, but when there's a well in not a league, but I with all the major.
Speaker 3: Leagues, do you watch any games live?
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they're in fucking but if you watch them, like in terms of I love how everyone gets around like Matilda's and soccer rous when it when it is time for World Cup because not many I wouldn't know many of the soccer US players, but now after watching them play that game on the weekend, I'm like, I'm following it.
Speaker 1: On Instagram, I'm getting around them. But on this blow, Tim Payne, this is what I wanted to bring up. Because they've turned the least followed into one of the highest social media followings at the World Cup, I thought maybe we can use our backstage power to do the same in the NR.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Now, interesting, So I've went through and I looked the least followed lockforward in the NRL, Matt Croker, right, So I want all of our all of our followers to go and try to make him by the end of this week the most followed lockforward in the NRL because he deserves it.
Speaker 2: He's a good plait and pass it on people, pass it on.
Speaker 1: I think he's had about twelve point eight thousand right now, let's punt those numbers up.
Speaker 3: Who's the highest followed for the locks of the NRL.
Speaker 1: KM Murray, I think it's about one hundred and sixteen thousand.
Speaker 3: So we go to get that, So we've got to balance that up a well. I think we probably should.
Speaker 4: And it's the least we could do for him for our Sunday night show Latroll Mitchell coming on hour.
Speaker 1: Week Ye really, how do you get that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: You know, just sweet talker.
Speaker 3: You should ask Hi about his YouTube. You need to ask h about his YouTube, Matthew. It's actually going really good at the moment.
Speaker 2: He does a lot of golf on it.
Speaker 3: It does some golf, does a lot of footy stuff, but then the main one at the moment, he's been doing like every Sunday drops like a twenty to thirty minute video on the farm and some of him a bit of piggin. I don't do a bit of cooking. Bit of a is a man of the land.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what about Volk's got a YouTube channel. W He's cooking, Yeah, cooking.
Speaker 1: He's for ages.
Speaker 4: People coming after him on that gun. That's that cooking guy.
Speaker 1: He's like he's had the cooking for a while. His cooking page he has got nearly as many followers as his actual UFC page. So like people, there's a lot of people commenting on his stuff and it's very high production, Like it's very good. But they're not even realizing he's a UFC fighter. Yeah, thinking his a little chef or something.
Speaker 4: He's made class act man. That guy a legend, such a good guy. So humble to see the vision with we might pop it up. Jack on the on the on the feed, there's this young guy that goes around and what he does. He goes finds the UFC fighters and says, right to hit me. So he said to hit me in the solar plexus. So didn't hit him was as he could. But bloke can take a punch. Keeper saying that he's well known.
Speaker 1: Ye around, there's a lot of those guys just go out and he goes up to all UFC fighters and just there's.
Speaker 3: A few, there's a few young creators. I wouldn't endorse it to anyone that are in rugby league at the moment. Actually are doing it for people just to run out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty dangerous and what's a liability.
Speaker 1: I think I think it's a It's like Jack said, it's not a good message. I think it's a great message. Whatever it takes to.
Speaker 4: Succeed, I just think it's a wonderful message.
Speaker 1: It is if Matt Croker can get up to one hundred thousand old run at any in the roald. Do you spell his first name Coop m A T c R Okay, Matt Kroger only with one T.
Speaker 4: I believe that, or so people honestly do it. Follow him, but also passing on to people chain mail just get him going.
Speaker 2: The old chain letter.
Speaker 4: Do you hear the chain letter?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a thing.
Speaker 4: I write a letter to you, right Coop dropping in your letter box?
Speaker 2: But then you have to send out five each person.
Speaker 4: Send it out. If you write a letter that if whoever bad luck will fall upon the person that doesn't passes on bang, then you have to write one to pass somebody else.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But isn't it like multiple though, Like it's exponential, like you, You've got to send it out to five different people, and then each of those five people have to send it out to like a pyramid schemes.
Speaker 4: You've mistaken it for the one I'm thinking about is just the one to see how far it gets along.
Speaker 2: No, that's not the same.
Speaker 3: So what we should do is we encourage people to not only follow him, but then send his profile to five other people.
Speaker 1: They won't get bad and if they don't, where's their camera? And if they don't do it, then your family for years to come and your bree children will be tersed.
Speaker 4: Absolutely like the Kennedy's. Yes, Oh damn, I'm talking about the Ben Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, true, you've got to look. Can we have a little game because I heard you come up with a new game.
Speaker 2: I did, in fact, I saw it on TikTok, but I made my own. Okay, it's called a cynamon good stuff synonym. Now, Cooper, I did wrap you up about this and gave you a little because you said it's an opposite. I said, no, no, cinnamon synonym, oh my lord, synonym, synonym, songs, a synonym, just the same.
Speaker 4: Going.
Speaker 3: Sorry, what is.
Speaker 2: It is a word that can be substituted for another word?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So the word? Okay?
Speaker 1: So say no, what's the worst word?
Speaker 2: Say the word synonym? I got it. You said synyon and synonym. It's synonym synonyms, didn't I say that? I don't think you have one more crap synonym?
Speaker 1: That was a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Thank you. You know, I've got this wire behime, my teeth, that's what it is. So for example, that so say I was to you to guess the name of this song, I will use synonym words to replace the actual words of the song. Yeah, okay, okay, So if I said to you any place myself, court, you should have come prepared my cap anyway wherever I wherever, I thank you. What's that? So let's have a more, So you've got to guess what it is? Okay, let's just get into it. Okay.
Speaker 1: Can I just say you are one of the great explainers. How you were not in TV or radio? Now, it's really surprised.
Speaker 2: It surprises me to it surprises me. Okay, the first one, this is really easy. This is just an intro for you. Destroyer fear, sphere.
Speaker 4: Destroyer sphere, destroyer.
Speaker 2: Fear this destroyer sphere.
Speaker 1: Something circle, death circle.
Speaker 2: It's got to be a song. It's a well known song.
Speaker 4: Something circle.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's another word for a sphere. What's another word for a spear? Something round, a ball, circle or something ball.
Speaker 1: Destroyer, ball death, ball kill, a ball, murderble, I don't know. I'm gonna have to pass.
Speaker 4: Give me a second.
Speaker 2: God, I hope the people at home were getting it.
Speaker 3: What is it, Jackie wrecking ball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was really easy.
Speaker 1: That was hard. I don't know why. I just couldn't get that.
Speaker 2: Okay, get your head into the in the zone. Okay, are you ready? British gent in.
Speaker 3: The big Apple Englishman in New York.
Speaker 2: Very good? Yeah, you just call it out that. You don't need to say name one to JACKO.
Speaker 1: Okay, that heard him.
Speaker 3: I can see that.
Speaker 1: That shouldn't have hurt if you weren't so tight that you he was so excited to get that out. Jack just took it off, stole ruthless.
Speaker 2: Yeah good. You need a bit of that aroma of adolescent ghost spells like spirit.
Speaker 1: Very good, very good.
Speaker 2: That's good. Oh, you've made it back.
Speaker 4: Dad loves his spirits.
Speaker 3: I don't know why he didn't call out your name.
Speaker 2: I love smelling sniffer. Okay, what are you laughing at?
Speaker 1: He just mounts.
Speaker 2: Such a farewell? Yeah, farewell masonry street, goodbye, y olypic Yeah.
Speaker 3: The second what was the second word?
Speaker 2: Farewell? Lemon?
Speaker 1: Because it's oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yourself yellow, you had it. I went lemon. I was like, what the what the heck?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the last one. So matts On to Jackson, one cood but you've got nothing, but I reckon this one. You could get mummy, Mummy, call me mummy. Okay. Take lacking depths, lacking depths, deep, rolling in the deep, lacking depth. Now this is two words for one word. I might say to help you if something is not deep.
Speaker 4: Shallow, you're in the sure that's your favorite.
Speaker 2: I can create one.
Speaker 3: That's one.
Speaker 2: Did he did? Actually? Okay?
Speaker 3: Great mask?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, will we hit the chip.
Speaker 1: And comp Jack Jackson new segment.
Speaker 3: An old segment. I promised everyone I bring back recipe the week for just a week.
Speaker 1: Give it go?
Speaker 3: He did? You promise?
Speaker 2: And we have to say you're cooking?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: That has been away has been quite impeccable.
Speaker 4: Everyone's performed at their.
Speaker 1: Best Cats Chicken the other night, like family party last week. Dad actually listened to it with Gav and he goes, what what the hell? All of a sudden, everyone was actually like not fighting.
Speaker 2: And because GA's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's a great lover.
Speaker 2: He does the edges.
Speaker 6: But to say, as good as somebody's doing it, Okay.
Speaker 3: I've gone with this week Chili saw a chicken in broth with coconut rice, nice trish like this one. So basically started off by cooking up some chicken thighs. Get them, you know, brown them up, Chuck me with some soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame oil, chili paste, some tablespoon of rice wine, vinegar, don't put too much in it, a tablespoon of honey, three clothes of garlic, and a little bit of ginger graded graded. Oh you can grate it, you can, yeah, great.
Speaker 4: Is probably the best option.
Speaker 3: Actually, I can't remember what I did the other night, but basically, what you're going to do is you're going to take that out of the pan. Then we're going to make a broth, okay, from what's left in the pan. You take everything out, you know, all the all the little nasty bits that are left in the pan. You use it. Chuck in some chicken stock, a little bit of soy sauce again, red chilies, some spring diced up spring onions, sesame oil, a little bit of fresh coriander, and then some lime. Squeeze some wine into that back it sounds good and change it to taste and then put that off to the side as well. Keep it nice and hot, and then we'll just go straight to the coconut rice. And what we're gonna do is Gonn gets some jasmine rice, coconut milk, one hundred and fifty mills of water, two hundred mills of coconut milk, two hundred grands of jasmine rice, and a tablespoon of salt, and then we're gonna on the on the I did it on the top, on the stovetop, which is a bit more dangerous, but you just got to take care of it.
Speaker 1: So I'm just riding. I'm just running all this down.
Speaker 4: Did you did you say dangerous? Okay, just put a trip. I checked out.
Speaker 1: I just checked out and then I came back in. No, he was still talking. I was like, it's a long recipe.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Cooking actually does involve more than one ingredient, Cooper and a bit of efforts.
Speaker 3: You'll talk about what Couber just did that, But the beauty is, But the beauty.
Speaker 4: Is people can listen and pause. Okay, and right, it's brilliant.
Speaker 3: Fifteen minutes back, in seconds back, Couber just went and turned the oven on before and then he didn't he didn't realize he turned it on the wrong way. It was on the grill and went, What'sernie twenty six? You surely can use the oven.
Speaker 1: I never really cooked in the oven as a like when I was sort of just like cook pasta and boil shit.
Speaker 4: That's true, Like a certain foot. I was trying to wash his clothes and the dryer or the person in this house once when I was asleep, and all of a sudden, I went, oh, there's something burning. It's like a chemical fire. I started choking, and Trish was accidentally what do you want to have the plastic?
Speaker 2: It was a heat pack. It's one of those ones that you crack and then you have to reboil down to react to the boiling. I took the boys, Yeah, yeah, we just come back from somewhere and I took you boys to training and someone was driving and I.
Speaker 3: Was she was trying to kill you do a.
Speaker 2: Thousand things, and I've come Oh the pan had to be thrown out. Yeah, it's pretty bad. And the bloody smoke alarm it was after we'd renovated, didn't go off of lot.
Speaker 3: How convenience. I know, right, it sounds like you were trying to kill him.
Speaker 4: Honestly, my life flashed before my eyes and realized how pathetic it is.
Speaker 3: And then to finish that recipe, the recipe. When all that's in there, just keep steirring it and don't take your eyes off it because it'll it'll burn at the bottom if you don't keep stirring it. And then once that rice is done, put it in the pan, make it nice in the middle, pour the broth in, and then make sure the chickens on top. And then there you do.
Speaker 2: What you did. Do you know what Jack did. I walked out and he prepared this for Gemma. He got like a little serving bowl and he filled it with rice, rubbed it with.
Speaker 3: A little bit of oil, a little bit of olive oil around it, and then packed the rice into it and then flipped it into the bowl and it came out like a perfect sphere.
Speaker 2: Fancy, it's just a bowl of rice, coconut rice. So you the cocon the rice absorbed all that coconut milk.
Speaker 3: It's it's a lot of sweet. It's nice. But to learn this stuff, no, I just I just have an eye for it. Actually do have an.
Speaker 2: Eye for it.
Speaker 3: He does.
Speaker 1: You're not a creative guy, but you're creative in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Absolutely creative guy.
Speaker 4: Well might need Jack's turned this week to cook meth in the garage. You can have a.
Speaker 2: Because I think it's going to I'm too tired. I was going to cook it tonight.
Speaker 3: What are the amount what are the amounts? How much? How much? It's all good?
Speaker 2: Give you energy. I don't need something that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Joking people, This is complete joke. And ruins Lives.
Speaker 2: Does exactually bad. It makes you look really bad, bad, skin I can't do it.
Speaker 3: There are some worse effects, Skinny.
Speaker 4: Lose my house sitting on their playing for so long for almost forty hours. My ass cheeks.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that like rashy.
Speaker 1: But you were only and only in business, and the.
Speaker 4: Only thing that can help it is a live ready about Robert Young Ready.
Speaker 2: Arctic powder. Oh yeah, he bought the Arctic powder. Guys, the golds golds powder.
Speaker 4: When you go to the States, boys, you've got to buy people, You've got to buy Gold's power.
Speaker 2: How do you describe it?
Speaker 4: It's got, it's got. Myth is methyl menthol one. If you put it in your balls and your asshole and literally it's like an Eskima just blowing cold wind on.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I don't know that you should putting it on your bottom, because if you haven't noticed in America at all hours of the evening, there's you know, all these lawsuit and lawyers advertising talk is one of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do say that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's well, I'll bring it home. Guess what airport they took it. I begged the guys please because they said it was too big.
Speaker 3: I begged it to the point they actually thought.
Speaker 2: You an.
Speaker 4: Ads in America, those.
Speaker 2: Ads of everything.
Speaker 4: One if you think you've got schizophrenia. Yeah, yeah, well they and it just went to this thing. You know, we have this thing if your position for treating schizophrenia, this drug, and then the ad goes for about forty seconds and then the next minute twenty are all the possible side effects? Yes, exactly, just goes on this.
Speaker 1: Just going back too stats. I would love to get the border the board that as well, the border security guy who you argued with to keep your toil from powder. That would love to get him.
Speaker 2: Where exactly did they confiscate your powder at Dallas? Going on to the international I'm just trying.
Speaker 3: To think of my brain right now. What are the side effects of schizophrenia? You have Recipes of the week segments where you're doing cooking segments, they go for way too long, hang and hang on.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have the question for you, mat So you didn't pack it you carry on?
Speaker 4: Did you? I'll take a chance.
Speaker 2: It happened when we went to went to Croatia.
Speaker 4: We're going from bo. I went from bossing in the Croatia and I had my step from my building hair and I had them to carry on and the girl, the Croatian girl, goes, what's this? And I said, oh, it's a shampoo. And she went to throw it out and I went, oh, hang on, I said it's from hair. She goes, okay, she felt sorry for in English breagnant, and she goes, there's one of three things we can do here. Number one, I can throw it away, Number two empty half of out, or number three pretend I didn't see it went, let's go number three. She said, okay, put it backing.
Speaker 2: So what was it a liquid or a powder? Because you've got so many different.
Speaker 4: Products that a shampoo.
Speaker 2: Okay, you said it's working that yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it does look fuller.
Speaker 2: Yeahfil Okay, Devin Comb, you're still leading. On sixty seven. We all did quite poorly last week. We all got two except for gab On behalf of Matthew. So, Matt, you're now in sixty four seven third place. Jacko, you're on sixty two, so you are creeping up on third place fourth, which is also known as last. And Trish, I'm in second place on sixty six. Give her your sixty seven. So I'm jaz okay, So did you steal my pen?
Speaker 1: You can have mine if you Okay?
Speaker 2: This week all we've got full round Knights in the Dragons.
Speaker 1: I'm going m Yeah, I'm going to go the Mardy Naties Guy.
Speaker 2: Tigers, Dolphins, I'm going Dolphins. They're playing Grateful, I'm going Dolphins.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go Dolphins as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suppose we're all going to go the Dolphins, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, Titans Panthers, I'm going the Tidies.
Speaker 4: Titans against not without a chance.
Speaker 2: Matt, who are you picking? Good boy?
Speaker 1: He's not a good boy, he's a man.
Speaker 3: Panthers boys went back up too from origin.
Speaker 1: You know, I'll say Titans, good boy.
Speaker 4: Ceper a chance, guys, loyalty listening gives a chance, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles.
Speaker 2: I'm going to Seagles. They are on fire.
Speaker 3: Okay, Manly yeah, man Town, Yeah, I'm going Manly.
Speaker 1: Guess who's back, Tommy Turbo. I saw him. I saw him running Bronco the other day training. Guess what time he got? Like at one point two kilometer time? Troll?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that what a Bronco is?
Speaker 1: One point two k four minutes thirteen.
Speaker 2: Sandwich.
Speaker 3: That's funny. He's doing a Bronco midyear lose come back from from Ajury?
Speaker 2: Okay, Wires and Cowboys, you know what, I'm going to go for the worst. I'm not giving up.
Speaker 4: They just came back from New Zealand. You'll stop over the New Zealan stop over the airport there.
Speaker 3: Boys, do you know what I'm going to go? Fin Yeah, I'm gonna go the wise. I can't lose two weeks in a row and ends it.
Speaker 4: That was a tough call on the last one.
Speaker 2: What about you, bro?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to go the Wires too.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: They don't lose twice?
Speaker 2: Did you see what I did?
Speaker 3: My bro?
Speaker 1: They don't lose twice at home?
Speaker 2: Okay, storm Raiders, I'm going to storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, storm O boys.
Speaker 4: Raiders go pretty good against the store here. I'm going to go the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Well they had a tough year though. Man, let me tell you something. Let me paint a quick picture for you, dave old boys. The boys are running out. They're up against the Canberra side who they always get up for emotionally Craig Bellamy verse Ricky Stewart the book. Harry's leading him out. He looks back, he looks, he sees Cooper. John's to the left, and I look at all of them, and they, each and every one of them look at me, and they say, we're not going to let a bloke who's put his blood, sweat and mainly tears into this class down day down. And they win by twenty four plus.
Speaker 2: Pre game speech.
Speaker 4: I see you as probably the most do made of aiting person on the face of the earth.
Speaker 1: That is not true, Jack, Tell dad about the little speeches I would tell the SG ball kids this year.
Speaker 3: You didn't really tell them any speeches their children, So continue.
Speaker 2: Man, Okay, Cooper, I've got a challenge for you next week. We missed your pregame speeches, so didn't you be there. I want you to present what you present to the storm to the boys this weekend. Do that roosters and Sharkyes, that's tough.
Speaker 4: I'll go roosters. You've got to win this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going roosters as well.
Speaker 2: What are you doing, Cooper, I'm going to go with the sharkies. I think I am too.
Speaker 1: They couldn't have played worse the last two weeks against Dragons and Wise and they've still found a way to win. And there's a good chance that Blake, you, Brayley and nickel back. So I'm just gonna I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Say that just letting people know too. That's the end about just letting people know. There might be, like about a minute ago, there might be an edit done. No one in the family will pick up on why the edit was done, but I want us to guess in the comments of why there was probably five seconds taken out of the podcast. I'll tell you. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: It's an audio visual, very visual.
Speaker 3: What did you do that? Just just let's just leave it like that.
Speaker 1: I saw it, and I did.
Speaker 2: Do you do a sneaky up?
Speaker 1: No, let's just great party.
Speaker 2: Cock your leg to do a far plane.
Speaker 4: Great party, guys, I'll whisper to New York reaction.
Speaker 2: Maybe m.
Speaker 4: I put my fingers smiffed it.
Speaker 1: The have a great way, a great wrong