Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome late Bay.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for joining us. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and kayleb Bond. Coming up. We want to talk to you about the dumbest criminals in the world, caught with drugs after they literally advertised to police exactly where they were. We'll tell you about that later. Plus when we look at the papers, Victorian public servants to receive training about white privilege, of course only in Victoria and in other news making the papers front pages. Tomorrow. Independent schools to launch a campaign against the Greens nationally in the lead up to the next election. But first it's been revealed Environment Minister Tanya Plibis's decision to block a one billion dollar gold mine was based at least in part on a series of Aboriginal drawings. It turns out the gold mine wasn't that bad. It was just drawn that way. The mcphilamy gold mine near Orange in New South Wales had been set to go ahead before plus X slapt a Indigenous Heritage Protection order on it at the last moment. Now she did this despite the fact the New South Wales government and the local Aboriginal Lound Council all supported the development, but Plittersek preferred the advice of eighteen local Wdigery people, one of whom was artist Nirie Reynolds. Marie Reynolds said that she got involved after hearing from her ancestors have alism.
Speaker 3: Every time both passed ancest help and I thought, if I can to work with everyone and the ancestors to stop this, because to kill Labella Pulla by putting meant in the springs, it's unthinkable.
Speaker 1: So, after hearing from her ancestors artists, Nirie Reynolds painted a series of pictures which she admitted to Tanya Pliba Sik as the main thrust of her argument. She wrote, my paintings are all based on this beautiful part of Fordidjery country. I can't bear to think of the desecration of this land and its ancient heritage if the mcphillamy proposal were to go ahead. And so it turns out now according to the Daily Telegraph, that these paintings you can see on your screen were the main thrust of the argument that convinced Tanya Plibasek the one billion dollar gold mine, which would have created eight hundred jobs untold wealth for locals, should not go ahead. And of course, for people wanting to invest in this country, why would you bother doing all the groundwork when you've got government ministers who believe a picture is worth a thousand wordscale.
Speaker 4: I've found that thoroughly convincing. I mean, hell, I'm going to make all my decisions henceforth based on painting submitted to me. Look, if someone makes a submission that is out of kilt her with what the majority of the local people want, the local indigenous people. But there's some paintings in there, you'd think you just dismissed it out of hand and go, well, this woman must be a crackpot. I mean, if she's trying to tell me that we can't have a billion dollar gold mine that's going to provide jobs to locals on the basis of a few.
Speaker 2: Paintings, then she's cooking on another planet.
Speaker 4: No, it was exactly what Tanya Plibisick needed and wanted, I mean, and her department had tried to hide the fact that the paintings were part of the argument because they knew how embarrassing it would be. But because Tanya Plibisick is more worried about what is happening in her electorate in a Sydney than what is going on in any rural or regional part of Australia. And she wants to make it look like, well, you know, I'm knocking back mines out in the regions. It plays well to voters in the inner city who might otherwise go and vote for the Greens.
Speaker 2: That's what she's really worried about.
Speaker 4: So along comes on the table a submission from a local moajerie woman saying, we couldn't possibly have this, it'll be detrimental to the cultural heritage the joint. Yes, perfect, exactly what I need, except that it was paintings. I mean, did she not think that at some point this was going to come out and people would go, hang on, we're making decisions in this country about billions and billions of dollars of investment on the basis of a woman who spoke to her ancestors somewhere out there in the ether and then put ink to paper or paint or whatever.
Speaker 2: Seriously, what so.
Speaker 4: The country is this if that's how we make investment decide?
Speaker 5: I think this is just rage bait though, because there's nothing to show that this moved the dial whatsoever, and In fact, a spokesperson for Tanya Plebseca said that they did not rely on this particular submission in any way, shape or form. Two pages long. It was composed of these paintings and a few short stories that Miss Reynolds had put together in her submission. So I do think we're being a bit disingenuous here. I don't believe it was based on these paintings. Even the article doesn't claim that. The truth of the matter is we still don't know why this jolly mind was vetoed because Tanya pleversec says we got to keep it secret because the reasons are culturally sensitive, which is exactly what the Queensland government told us last week when those fifteen townships which are facing pending claims of native title, like there's not enough native title in Queensland to sink a battleship already, That's what those townships were told. Oh, look, we can't tell you the details of these submissions which are now claiming native title in your patch because well, it's culturally sensitive, so we can't give any details. This seems to be a reoccurring excuse that the government is using to make these calls that affect hundreds and hundreds of people. So Regius Resources, who's already spent two hundred million dollars developing this site, getting all the plans together before you turn the tiniest lump of sod. There is a lot of work that goes into getting plans a proved and these plans were approved by a great many departmental heads, including the New South Wales Parliament. Was given the green light until Plibask came along and said no, veto veto. So Regis has spent two hundred million dollars already and the indigenous groups in that area have said, she's not even we're agerie, we've never heard of this woman. Hashtag no relation and they're incredibly frustrated because, as one of the guys who spoke to this said, we own forty percent of the land, but we're dirt Paul. We're trying to make this some sort of economic power empowerment for indigenous people. Why else do you think we want it. We've got this massive project and it's been scuppered by a few voices like Mss Reynolds. This was going to employ like nine hundred people in the region. It was going to make us big bucks, thanks for nothing. So it just goes to show this labor government. They talk the talk like they did ad nauseum trying to get the Voice up, and then when it comes to rubber hitting the road and actually empowering Indigenous people in the area who want something like this development to go forward, you're going to scuffer it over details that you won't release because they're culturally sensitive. And ladies like this get primetime news across the nation because somehow she was involved. But the only involvement she really had was writing a submission. We don't know how many submissions there were. Hers was one of them. And I'm happy to give at least that much leeway to the government to say there is no way that that was actually a big umph in the decision to veto it.
Speaker 1: It's interesting that this comes on the one year anniversary of the failed Voice referendum, because the government made a big deal about we've got to listen to Indigenous people. Then when they've got their official Land Council who have been appointed to provide advice from the Indigenous community to the government, that don't listen to that because that would power indigenous people. They prefer to listen to other Indigenous voices that would help them curry favor with potential Greens voters in the Environment Minister's seat. And that's incredibly cynical on behalf of the government that typically use Indigenous people for their own rank political purposes while claiming that they're the height of virtuous.
Speaker 4: Well what just political pin Why would you not take the word of Arti farty people. I mean, look, you want to combat the Greens, you got to get the arty Farti's on site. That's exactly who you should be taking your advice on the favens. We are not a serious country anymore. We Liz mentioned Queensland before. Let's talk about the Queensland state election of course coming up very soon. Now I know about you, but every time we have an election campaign, with it be federal or state, you get this barrage of text messages that you don't ask for. It's just because your phone pings against a tower that a political party has paid a carrier to send a text message to everyone whose phone is pinging that tower, right, So you don't have a choice in the matter. You just get bombarded with these texts from the LNP or the ALP or the UAP or whoever it might be.
Speaker 2: Vote for us, Vote for us.
Speaker 4: Now you know, you can choose whether or not you want someone to send you an email, and by law, you can unsubscribe from an email.
Speaker 2: In this country. It's not the case with text messages. They just send them to you anyway. It is so annoying.
Speaker 4: Well, the LNP is doing it in Queensland at the moment. They send out a text message over the weekend, just before early voting began up in Queensland warning people that they should not vote for the Labor Government. I mean, I don't think they really have to worry about that too much, but they've worried warned people not to vote for the Labor government because of their patients tax.
Speaker 2: At the GP.
Speaker 4: Now, what all this centers around is the fact that last not to.
Speaker 5: Vote for the LMP. Not sorry, what trying Labours trying to get people not to vote for the end.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, this is the LNP has sent this to the ALP. I'll get to them in a minute because Labour's actually returned five So the LNP sends out these text messages saying don't vote for the ALP because they're going to charge you attax to go to the doctor. All that stems from the fact that last year the states started leaving payroll tax on doctors gps who had previously been exempt from payroll tax because of a decision out of the courts in New South Wales that said they had to pay it. So of course all the states fell into line and said, yepe, we can get more tax out of these people, so they started charging the doctors.
Speaker 2: So the LNP is saying, hang.
Speaker 4: On a minute, Labor has levied a tax on the doctors. The only problem is that Labor has said if they are returned to government, they will change the law, so the doctors are no longer charged payroll tax. So Labor comes out today and says, this is terrible.
Speaker 2: How dare you? It's misleading?
Speaker 4: So what better for the ALP to do than to return serve with their own barrage of text messages to people in queen and this time warning that the AIRLNP is going to lie to hide their planned health cuts. Another misleading message because there is no evidence whatsoever that the LNP wants to cut the health budget in Queensland. You know, they actually had an argument the Labor government when they said, hang on, you've sent out this barrage of misleading text messages. Then they've gone and done exactly the same thing twenty four hours later. As far as I'm concerned, these text message campaign things should be banned. You didn't ask for it. It seemed to you unsolicited. I don't know why they're allowed to continue doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one typically pays much attention to them anyway. You just get annoyed, delete and think I won't vote for whatever party keeps harassing me on my phone. The situation with this is the LNP said on September twenty nine, we won't charge GPS this payroll text. The Labor Party only agreed to do the same last Wednesday, having been in power for the last however many years. So I don't know that it's that much of a lyra scare campaign to say, Look, the Labor Party could have done this at any time. They decided last Wednesday after we said we wouldn't do it. Now they're saying they wouldn't do it. They won't do it. Do you really believe them? But putting that to the side. For Cameron Dick from the Labor Party, to accuse the LNP of a scare campaign is the height of pot kett or black. I mean we've had in the last few weeks Labour saying that the LNP are going to you know, get rid of abortion and trash women's rights, They're going to sell off hospitals, they're going to cut public service jobs, and to have a look at this mean that's been going around online from the Labor Party Campbell Newman the sequel R eighteen plus horror themes. It says, I mean, so if the Labor Party want to talk about scare campaigns, I mean, the Labor Party know all about scare campaigns. They've pretty much been running one for months now.
Speaker 5: Well, I disagree that these are entirely powerless, right because you've just got normal everyday people getting these and a lot of them freak out, especially if you use patient services quite a bit, and you're like, wait a minute, we've got to vote Labor because the LMP are going to make patient services more expensive. The fact is both sides, if you ask me, are complete sickos. Because the whole idea of a scare campaign and the two you mentioned absolutely baseless. All the LMP is going to change abortion laws. And then the Nurses Union, the biggest union in Queensland, we're telling everyone or you've got to, You've got to.
Speaker 2: They're going to.
Speaker 5: Privatize the health services so it's going to cost more in that respect as well, both of which were completely baseless. So now the LMP is just fighting fire with fire. But here's my point. Every day, normal people just going about their lives, putting food on the table for their families, get these texts and quite a few of them actually freak out with good cause because they still trust government and they go, hang on a second, you're telling me that my medical costs are going to go up if I don't vote Labor. I'm listening because this will affect me in my family to the extreme, depending on how sick you are or how sick the people in your family are. And the fact of the matter is these sickos will feed off that fear. That is what they are trying to capture. They will literally lie to you to get you to go to the polls and vote for them. They don't care about the fear and anxiety they're causing everyday, honest people by lying to them. They just want your vote. And they will stop at nothing to do it. And as far as I'm concerned, that means neither of them belong in Parliament because you're not governing for the people. The very fact that you would hit send on that mass text and not care the least for the genuine anxiety you are going to cause Queenslanders tells me everything I know about you. It's and yes, both sides are now caught in the they've been caught out doing it, but that just goes to show me who are these people? And why on earth would it we elect either of you your sickos.
Speaker 4: Well, it's politicians, isn't it that they should have the Misinformation Disinformation Bill.
Speaker 2: Specifically for politicians. Empt Let's have them road.
Speaker 4: Tested for a couple of years and if that works out.
Speaker 2: Then maybe the rest of us will consider it. But of course that will never happen.
Speaker 4: And meanwhile, the Premier, Stephen Miles and Queen's out. He knows he is toast and he is so desperate to hold on to government that he's wheeling out literally anything he can find now like he.
Speaker 2: Is just coming up, Well, a policy written on the back of a coaster, that'll do. Let's go with it.
Speaker 4: So of course, yes, his campaign launch yesterday and he comes out with this ripper, We're going to give free lunches to school kids.
Speaker 2: Take a listen. When I was the Health minister, this came up a lot.
Speaker 6: We did a lot of work on preventing obesity and teaching kids what a healthy meal looks like, and a lot of people pointed to countries around the world that have school lunch programs as places where you could test side by side different approaches and places where universal free lunch had made had made a big difference.
Speaker 4: Never mind that ministers in his own cabinet have canned this idea previously.
Speaker 2: We're in the middle of a desperate.
Speaker 4: Election campaign, so let's roll it out now. He talks about, oh, we're going to give free lunches to school kids. Well know, the tax payer is charged for it, to the tune of one point four billion dollars for this plan. It's only going to be provided should they win government again, to students in public schools, not those at independent or Christian or or any other denomination schools, because of course they can go without lunch. It's just the kids at the public schools. It is like the most blatant ploy for votes with oh did free money free money? I think I have ever seen you? Thought Right was bad with his economic stimulus and baby bonuses. Going back to the Howard government would.
Speaker 5: Say, Clarah, a good idea.
Speaker 4: Maybe they actually came with a bit of merit. Now, look, I understand that there are a lot of children who go to school without having had breakfast, to go to school without any food in their lunch boxes.
Speaker 2: But let's the real problem.
Speaker 4: There is not something that the school can fix by giving you a free lunch. The real problem is that those parents either don't have enough money to put food on the table or they're too neglectful to look after their children.
Speaker 2: So the kid goes to school, gets a free.
Speaker 4: Lunch, he goes back to exactly the same house at the end of the day. None of that changes. It simply band aid measures that do nothing. But oh, if we tell people we're going to give their kids free lunch.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll vote for it.
Speaker 1: And as you pointed out, this isn't even an original idea. The Greens suggested this in twenty twenty one, and Die Farmer, who's now the Education Minister just three years ago said this was the height of irresponsibility. Now it's her policy. That's how desperate they are to find something, anything to convince people to vote for them, aside from being a massive waste of money one point four billion dollars and very unfair because, as you said, if you're sending your kids to a Christian school or an independent school, and most of those are very low fee schools, you're paying for everybody else's lunch, whereas your kid doesn't get anything from the taxpayer teat. But logistically this is going to be a nightmare. Yeah, I mean, I've made lunch for two kids and it's an absolute nightmare. Satisfied both, They're going to make lunch for three hundred and twenty six thousand kids, all with different allergies and all with different wants and needs. How the heck are they going to do this?
Speaker 5: And also there he was trying to make this about health, like if you teach kids the elements of healthy lunch, they're not the ones packing their lunch box. They're not the ones responsible for the food in their house. Even if they do pack their own lunch box, they can only work with the ingredients that mum and dad have bought them. So how does that figure. Also, I wouldn't trust the state to feed my kid. You can't even trust the state to educate your kid properly. So please state, stop impinging on parents' roles. And let's go to the US now, where the Democrats, all the famous or rather infamous ones, are out in force, trying to scrounge up those last few votes before everyone hits heads to the polls just next month. Yes, it's breathing down our next now, lady and ladies and gentlemen. So imagine you are Bill Clinton and you're out on the hustings, trying to hustle a few votes, press the flesh, meet members of the public. And this lady, it's some chicken shop, thinks you're Joe Biden. There he is at a local Macer's and they don't even remember Bill Clinton is to be fair, most of them do look like Morgue wanderers at this point. So an old man, white hair shuffled him decrepidly, and you're like, you must be Joe.
Speaker 1: But you know what that proves. No one's seen Joe Biden for the longest time, so no one remembers what the president looks like. So you know, and all old guys look the same. But I bet she got his order wrong as well.
Speaker 4: But how would you how would you feel as Bill Clinton, like you've just been not recognized? She thinks of Joe Biden. I mean, what an insult to Bill Clinton. You know, apart from some of his personal indiscretion. Sure, while he was while he was president, you know, he wasn't wrong when he said it's the economy stupid. He was a reasonable political brain, unlike Joe Biden these days, given that his brain has conly disintegrated. But she goes from oh my god, it's Joe Biden to it's Bill Clinton, and then she's like, oh my god, it's Bill Clinton. Recognize and then she's all over him like I knew exactly who you were.
Speaker 2: Isn't it great to be a former president?
Speaker 4: And then you think about the potential future vice president of the United States. Tim Waltzho, of course, is Kamala Harris's running mate and his wife Gwen. We know she's come out with a bunch of cringeworthy public appearances lately. We saw that clipper. A couple of weeks ago. She was at a rally saying, you know, we're going.
Speaker 2: To turn the page, turn the page.
Speaker 4: Going back into teacher mode because of course she is a former teacher. Well, she's tapped back into her former teaching career to tell people that they've got to go out and vote. And tell me if this was you, if you're sitting at home watching this video, I think maybe I should go out and vote on November fifth. This encourage you to vote or would it make you go? Actually no, I will vote, but I'm going to vote for Donald Trump. Giving you lectured me like this.
Speaker 7: I'm Gwen Walls, and I have been an educator for a really long time and I'm here with an assignment for you today.
Speaker 5: It's due.
Speaker 7: I'm November fifth. Now I'm going to put my teacher classes on because this is really serious, like a final, and there's no late work.
Speaker 5: I need you to take yourself.
Speaker 7: And three friends to the ballot box and make your voice heard.
Speaker 5: You have to vote.
Speaker 7: I'm going to repeat that again. You and three of your friends have to make your voices heard by voting. If you need more information, just go to.
Speaker 4: I will vote dot com. And remember no late work. I mean please, it is. It's cringe worthy and we're treating it as a bit of a laugh. But does it not prove exactly how stupid they think the people of America out like We actually have to talk to them like their children to get them to go out and vote. That is what Alton Harris and the Democrats think of their potential.
Speaker 5: And Kamamma Harris's campaign thought this was such a great clip. They shared it to their tip took to their millions of followers. Yes, everyone watch this lady. Let you you like your preschool less. Now, everybody get to the polls. Take three friends, three friends, no late work, and.
Speaker 2: It's count up. It's one, and then it's two, and then.
Speaker 5: It's the anythinger.
Speaker 1: The Dems understand very well that in order to vote for them, you must be of incredibly low IQ, so they're talking to their audience. It's coming to the other thing this proves is that Tim Waltz was certainly chosen to make Kamala Harris look good, because that's about the only service he performs, just as Kamala Harris was chosen to make Joe Biden look good. So that tradition continues.
Speaker 4: And Joe Biden was chosen to make Barack Obama look good.
Speaker 5: We'll never want to VP. They're gonna show you are.
Speaker 1: The Democrats might be winning, but the American people, it's just lose, lose, lose staying in America. While NASA are doing some great work with diversity, equity and inclusion, Elon Musk is py andeering technology which is literally going to transform space travel. Over the weekend, he launched the largest, most powerful spacecraft in history. Just to give you an idea, the rocket he launched over the weekend is twice the size of the Shuttle and can carry three times the payload. Now, what he wants is not just to launch rockets. He wants essentially to turn rockets more into planes that are reusable, so after being fired into outer space, they can land right where they took off from, be refueled, and take off again. That would make space travel a lot cheaper and you could get a lot more people into space a lot more quickly. So he fired off a massive rocket over the weekend and then performed an extraordinary feat never done before. The booster pocket, after detaching, fell back to Earth at inordinate speed, but then used its thrusters to reposition itself and go exactly back to where it came from. Captured in mid air by giant mechanical arms. Have a look at this incredible historic feet and that's the lass.
Speaker 2: We could see it come it down through the clue.
Speaker 5: We're now down to three router engines. We could see those charts.
Speaker 1: Now. The engineering and technology to get that to come back exactly right within millimeters is just astonishing. Elon Musk eventually says that that particular rocket could take a hundred astronauts into space at any one time, then come back, be refueled, send a whole lot more up. It's quite extraordinary, and Elon Musk is making everybody who criticizes him look like complete morons at the moment.
Speaker 5: Well, this is incredible. This was their first try. This was the very first try, so they had every excuse for it to go terribly and for them just to be like, well that was draft one. We'll have another whack at it. As Elon Musk has said, nothing will make me give up on this. Like he's obsessed with this. He absolutely loves space X and the work that they do. And you look at that, here's something that no government has achieved. They haven't poured funds into this. They've been absolutely awol in terms of the space exploration going on in this space. No government could pull this off, but the government, the Department of Justice in the US, is suing SpaceX for not hiring asilum seekers. Elon Musk is like, I want the brightest, I want the smartest. He's very, very famous for cutting Twitter's workforce by over eighty percent when he took it over, because he was just like, oh, all of this is just absolute dead weight. And it has run just fine since, in fact much much better. And here he is pulling off this incredible feat. And not only has he got the DOJ suing him for not hiring asylum seekers, California has decided to get into the mix and take him to task in the courts because of some sort of coastal commission. They want him to up and move out. They don't want him doing anything more in the state, and he is counter suing them. Check out this tweet. He says, incredibly inappropriate of the action that they're taking against him. What I post on this platform has nothing to do with a coastal commission in California filing suit against them on Monday for violating the First Amendment. Because of course this has every thing to do with where he stands politically. He's backing Trump. He's been very vocal about that. He's even spoken at one of the Trump rallies. Probably even more I don't know, but those guys have sat down for one on one interviews. They're clearly mates. And these guys are trying to make him pay for it by going after SpaceX.
Speaker 1: And that's not conjecture that the Coastal Commission literally said, and I quote this is the Commission chair. We're dealing with a company, the head of which has aggressively injected himself into the presidential race, and that's one of the reasons why they're saying SpaceX shouldn't be allowed to launch the rockets that wants to launch from California. So it's blatantly political. They're not even trying to hide it. And as you said, he's doing what governments can't even dream of accomplishing, and they're hamstringing him because they don't like his tweets, I know.
Speaker 4: And they're also embarrassed by what he's been able to achieve with with money in pure gumptions in a bag of the government NASA, I'm just going to go and do it right, and he wanted to up his launches in California from about thirty six to fifty and they wouldn't let him do that. I mean, that is the height and of peatiness. This bloke has done more for space exploration and space technology, which is one of the biggest growing industries in the world right now. He's done more for that than anyone else ever has. And they want to put a stop to it because they don't like his political opinions and what he tweets and the fact he's endorsing Donald Trump. It is unbelievable. I mean, if they want to set that precedent that anyone who gets involved in presidential races can't get involved in launching rockets out of California or doing any other sort of business in California. I look forward to them going after all the major donors to the Democrats and say, are you possibly set up shop here in California? You're too involved in politics. And while we're talking about Elon Musk, Liz mentioned before how he cut the workforce at Twitter now X when he took it over.
Speaker 2: Well, Donald Trump has now promised.
Speaker 4: That if he wins the presidency back in just a month or so's time that he will make Elon Musk the Secretary of cost cutting.
Speaker 2: Take a listen, and.
Speaker 8: He's a great cost cutter.
Speaker 2: You've seen that.
Speaker 8: And he said I could cut costs without affecting anybody.
Speaker 5: So he will be in the cabinet, not in the cabinet.
Speaker 8: He doesn't want to be in the cave. He just wants to be in charge of cost cutting. Who have a new position, secretary of cost cutting? Okay, Elon wants to do that, and we have incredible people. He's running a big business. You know, he can't just say, oh, I think I'll go into the cabinet. You know, other people can.
Speaker 2: He can't.
Speaker 8: But Elon's a little bit different in that sense.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I reckon he could do it.
Speaker 4: And yes, James said before he's trying to create rockets that can go into space and come back. Perhaps he could design a rocket that will go into space and not come back and put a lot of the public service workforce in the US in it, never to be seen again, particularly some in higher levels of the government. Hopefully when and if he takes up this position. He takes a leaf out of the Book of Harvey and Malay. Of course, the Argentinian president who last year when he came to the Rain said bagger all of this. I'm getting rid of all the ministries. We're going back to basics. We don't have to grab just yet. We'll show you that in a minute. But good on him, Good on Trump for saying, here is someone who has been successful in business, has proven that he can take a business that is overrun with staff and cut it down. And what you can't tell me that X isn't working exactly as well as it was before he bought it. We've got the Harvey Malay grab back. This is what Elon Musk hopefully will do to the United States.
Speaker 2: I'll get that.
Speaker 9: Looks then a mini mini Adao Ricuro.
Speaker 4: I look forward to Musk performing a very similar video. But but this is what is often lacking in politics. I mean, you look at Australian politics in particular. You have these career politicians people have never actually worked in the.
Speaker 2: Real world, held down a real job, had to run a business.
Speaker 4: And Trump, a businessman himself, is saying, well, perhaps we can just take a bit of real world reality here and apply the same cost cutting measures that everyone in business has had to applay over the last ten years to government what a nobel idy.
Speaker 1: The classic example of this in Australia is Senator just Enter Price has tried five times to get the Senate to agree to an audit of money spent on in genous affairs, and five times the Australian Senate has said no, we're not interested in auditing how taxpayer money is spent in that regard. So you can well imagine why public servants and government officials who have been drifting for years are incredibly fearful of like an Elon Musk, coming in and running a pencil over what they're doing, because many of them would be out on their ear. He took the Twitter workforce down from eight thousand to fifteen hundred, and as regular users of Twitter, Twitter hasn't changed a bit in terms of the services it provides and what you I mean, you wouldn't even notice as a user, So clearly no one. There are a lot of people who were sitting around not doing a whole.
Speaker 5: Lot, and every government should have this when you think about it, if they're serious about how they're spending taxpayer money that we all earn off sweat of our brows. Surely every government would be devoted to cost cutting, cost cutting where and when they can. And HARVEYMLA is a perfect example. This guy, he only came to power in December of last year, a cut public spending by thirty percent, just over thirty percent, and in that short time saw inflation in his country go from over twenty percent to four point two percent. So it is just the proofs in the put in. We all know where inflation comes from. It's government spending. It's government just spending our dollars like it's going out of fashion, and yet nobody wants to do it. So to have Trump, a presidential candidate, say oh no, we will absolutely be tackling this. Don't you worry about that. And Elon Musk has himself tweeted this was a tweet that he put up in August of this year because he's been campaigning for this spot for quite a wild Department of Government Efficiency. And there he is with a very official looking Have we got the picture? Yes, that of course is AI generated. But he's like, I am ready to serve. Sign me up, I will be the Secretary of Government Efficiency. But speaking of persecution of Elon Musk, it isn't limited to the States. Check this out. The UK is holding an upcoming international investment summit and they've invited all the famous rich people from around the world to congregate in the UK and talk about how they can make life better. Check out this business. This is the UK Business Secretary being taken to task by a journalist who was asking him, you mean to tell me you're getting all these people together and you didn't think to invite Elon Musk? Why is that?
Speaker 2: Why didn't you invite Elon Musk?
Speaker 10: Desperate to get a company which sucks its employees by zoom, but you're STUPHI about the biggest car maker in the world because he's put something on social media didn't like. Okay, I'm not going to comment on particular invitations. Particular person is not some odd invitation. It is Elon Musk, biggest can't make in the world, richest man in the world.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you invite him?
Speaker 10: Look, I'm not going to comment on the reasons for any specific person.
Speaker 5: Not going to comment on the reasons. Yeah, well we all know the reasons because it's happening across the board. As we just detailed. It's utterly disgusting, and it's simply because they don't like where he stands politically exactly.
Speaker 1: Hey, before we go to an ad break, we've got to show you a clip from a reality TV show called Dragon's Den, where aspiring entrepreneurs pitch their ideas to potential investors. So a couple of young people pitch their idea for bubble tea Bobba, I think is how you pronounce their bubble tea. They boasted that they were going to make this bubble tea better. And this is the response they got from a potential investor who Simu lu is a actor who plays roles in Marvel movies. He started the Barbie movie. But have listened to his response to their idea for bubble tea.
Speaker 11: I am studying your can and I am looking for anything that tells me where Boba came from, and where Boba came from is Taiwan.
Speaker 12: You know. I started this venture company for a lot of reasons, but really primarily to uplift minority entrepreneurs. And not only do I feel like this is not happening here, but that I would be uplifting a business that is profiting off of something that feels so dear to my cultural heritage. I want to be a part of bringing Boba to the masses, but not like this. So for that reason, I'm out.
Speaker 1: This is coming from the guy who started the Barbie movie. For goodness sake. Is that not putting yourself into something where you don't belong as an Asian personally if we're going to play those games.
Speaker 4: So you're suggesting it's cultural appropriation for a couple of white people to be starting a business that's selling bubble tea, right, And he says there that it's part of his cultural heritage, it's from Taiwan. Well, he was born in mainland China, and we know the relationship that mainland China has with Taiwan.
Speaker 2: It's not his cultural heritage.
Speaker 4: And by the way, babel tea was invented in the early nineteen eighties, and how you can call that heritage of any time, I don't.
Speaker 5: Well it clearly it clearly agrees with the CCP's policy Taiwan China. Therefore it is part of his cultural heritors.
Speaker 1: A sad part of that story is the two entrepreneurs apologize said, we've learned a lot. This has been a great opportunity to get educated and we're going to have a brand new marketing and branding strategy. There you go. We're going to go to a break when we come back. But look at what's making news tomorrow, including independent schools to launch a nationwide campaign against the Greens and lead up to the next election. That's cinema. Okay, let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow. We'll start with Melbourne's Herald Sun. Where the front page article. Actually, before I get to that, just in the top right hand corner for AFL fans, I got to point this out. The headline says Magpie's land Dan Houston, who's one of the greatest halfbacks in the league. But eighteen minutes ago the story changed to North Melbourne. Look like they're going to get Dan Houston all the collegood North Melbourne very blessed. A wonderful story. All right, let's go to the main story. Emotion really yeah, I'm not sure he'll be too happy going to North Melbourne, but I'll be happy. The story down in the bottom left hand corner, written by Alex White. The headline reads, this Isn't All White a plan to include white privileged training in a taxpayer funded cultural awareness course for Victorian Justice Department workers has been labeled woke and divisive. Well, wouldn't you know. Thousands of Department of Justice and Community Safety staff have been told they've got to undertake cultural awareness training that's in preparation for a treaty, but they've also been told they'll have to do training in white privilege. And many of the workers are pushing back, reportedly saying, look, we're willing to do cultural training so we can be more respectful and understanding of Indigenous culture. But when you ask us to do training so we can learn how privileged we are because of our malanin, that's a step too far. I would argue the whole thing is a step too far. But white privilege training if you're a public servant, I mean, that's the height of racism, isn't it, Because it assumes just because you're white, therefore you've had every advantage and things automatically better for you. There's a lot of white people in Victoria doing it just as tough, if not worse than some Indigenous.
Speaker 5: People, absolutely, because they don't get the same help from the state that an Indigenous person would in their same situation. One of the work has summed it up very handily when he said, I don't feel that pointing out the color of people's skin has worked in the past, so why is it acceptable now to be doing this specifically for white people. It is racism, There's absolutely no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: Everything old is new again.
Speaker 4: Hey, I mean, you know, and you can imagine going to that point, there'll be someone sitting in their office doing their white privilege training, thinking, Hell, you know, I got up at five point thirty this morning, I'm working two jobs here, I am sitting in this office, having caught the train in because I can't afford to put the fuel in my car today.
Speaker 2: And I'm being told that I have white privilege.
Speaker 4: And I must bow down to everyone else. It makes no sense whatsoever. But you've got to beat up on someone, of course, And well, I suppose white people are just as good a target as anyone else, and it's the only target that seems to exist.
Speaker 5: Now, well, I love that it's still sparked a backlash. We need more backlashes. People, more of this. Please to the front page of The Camera Times Now, where Bruce Lemon has made the headlines yet again, this time because his lawyer said that the only way he'll be able to earn an income from now on is bad. That's if he joins only fans. Get this only fans, Lamon's last shot, court told. The headline reads, Bruce Lammon is so unemployable his only chance of earning a salary would be through an online subscription platform primarily used by sex workers. His lawyer has claimed, quote the only shot he'd ever have of making money would be going on only fans or something silly like that, end quote. Solicitor Zalie Burrows told the Federal Court on Monday, someone needs to remind her she's the defendant. Lawyer ms Burrows made the unusual remark as she argued her client should be allowed to appeal a scathing sexual assault finding made against him. So that's the context for it. She's trying to say, let this guy appeal. Otherwise, no one's ever going to employ him ever again. Although even if he were allowed, if the Federal Court allowed him to appeal and drag this on for even longer, surely, regardless of the outcome, who is going to want to employ someone who is a walking, talking poison chalice at this time who's.
Speaker 1: Going to want to employ this solicitor. I mean to argue my client is not a sex fiend, but I reckon you do well on OnlyFans. It's hardly what you want to hear your lawyer say. And if the lawyer thinks that's his only chance, I think she overestimates his chances on only fans exactly.
Speaker 4: It's not his only chance of making money because he's not going to make money on only fans. It's a sicko is going to subscribe and pay money to look at Bruce Lhreman not only fans.
Speaker 1: Hope he wasn't paying her for those sort of comments.
Speaker 4: The lawyer says that he is pretty much Australia's most hated man.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought about him for quite a while. In any story.
Speaker 5: Popped up today reminding us Sally, I won't.
Speaker 2: Be subscribing to any only fans in the future. I can tell that's for free.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the Australian tomorrow where it says dreaming or drimped up mystery of the Blue Banded b D And this goes back to talk about gold Mines earlier. The artist behind the Blue Banded b murals cited by federal Environment Minister Tanya Plipasik to justify her veto of the Blameey gold Mine was a member of the main resistance group against the one billion dollar project, and the local government had never heard of the dreaming story.
Speaker 2: Before the artwork was painted.
Speaker 4: I mean, here we are again, more art being relied on to make decisions about what minds can we going here in this country. It's a mural depicting something that no one had ever heard of, and all of a sudden, it's the reason we can't about this.
Speaker 1: It's a stupid thing about this story. As they're arguing over the veracity of the claim, what has anyone heard of this dreamtime story before? The veracity of the claim is one thing. The relevance of the claim is the real thing. The fact that there was a dream time story should have no relevance at all on developments here and now in the real world. Are we going to go back to mythology as a basis for public policy. That's where the labor government are going.
Speaker 4: Tenure plipper Sick should have said, Telemy's dreaming when she came across that mural.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the front of the OS tomorrow.
Speaker 4: There's also you might see a photo on the right hand side of the page that chose Anthony Albaneasy campaigning with the Premier, Stephen Miles in Queensland, and you can see that woman.
Speaker 2: Recoiling in her seat, those two men being their love. I don't blame you now.
Speaker 1: The story's shielding a child.
Speaker 5: He's like.
Speaker 2: The class war.
Speaker 4: We'll teach the Greens independent schools of preparing to launch a nationwide campaign in Greens and marginal electorates calling out the relentless and baseless vilification of private schools and urging constituents not to support parties that would abolish their funding and limit educational choices. So the schools are turning into campaign outfits now, saying we've got to take up the fight.
Speaker 1: I don't blame them to be, so they should be, and they should be educating their students about the Greens as well, so that they can cut off a potential of Green's voters in the future. The independent schools have not fought hard enough. They've sat back on their launchers, hoping and praying for something to change. It's about time they got in the front foot and did something absolutely. Otherwise, parents are getting ripped off waiting.
Speaker 5: For government to do the right thing by you. You might as well just bury yourselves. You have to fight, fight, fight, and these guys look like they're finally getting into the trenches.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a break, but stick around. After the break, we want to show you the dumbest criminals how they got caught with drugs after advertising where the drugs were. That's coming up in a moment. Okay, welcome back. This story did make me laugh when I heard it, Caleb, these people must be the stupidest criminals.
Speaker 2: And the unluckiest criminals too.
Speaker 4: So these people are allegedly driving through Portland, Oregon in a stolen car, said the coppers go, well, so Carlie to pull it over and investigate who is inside. So they questioned the occupants of the car, a man and a woman, and in the process of searching the vehicle, they find a bag labeled definitely not a bag full of drugs.
Speaker 2: Will lo and behold? The police opened up a.
Speaker 4: Bag and what did they find inside but fentanyl and methamphetamine.
Speaker 2: I mean, for Heaven's sake, why would you make the job any easier for police?
Speaker 4: And It reminds me of a story that we covered at the advertisement. I was there years ago about a couple. The wife had made a complaint to police that she'd been the victim of domestic violence, and in the process, the police sees the couple's laptop and went through the laptop and they found a folder on the laptop that said do not open delete if we die.
Speaker 2: And they opened the folder as you would, and.
Speaker 4: They found some rather unsavory videos still there that were illegal.
Speaker 2: And of course they both ended up in court.
Speaker 4: I mean, why would you make it any easier for common do not open delete if we die?
Speaker 2: Not a bag full of drugs? So dune, so dumb they've are?
Speaker 5: We leave you tonight. Gold Coast police had a very exciting weekend. When checking out social media, they came across a live stream of thirteen people on the roof of the Rabina Town Center, two of them brandishing machetes and all thirteen of the masked. So police rush down to the town center draw their guns on these would be criminals, only to find out they were live streaming a rap music video home. So it all ended in nothing, but of course they cut a very threatening figure and these police thought they were rounding up thirteen criminals rampaging around on the roof of this center, two machetes between them. They said, oh, we were just recording a rap video. We're trying to get our business famous. And the police did actually charge one twenty four year old because they're like, you can't go around brandishing a weapon for crying out loud.
Speaker 1: If there's any record producers watching. These rappers are unsigned, but I reckon the vision that they would have got with the cops because the cops drew their guns. They did. It's a great music video. Someone needs to sign them. I think they do very well, Kayleb.
Speaker 2: But doesn't this just prove the point that rap is absolutely dross.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're watching music made by people who wave machetes around, you need to reconsider a life choice as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably a good point. We're going to go now, but stick around. Coming up is the Reader Penny Show.