Speaker 1: Live on Sky News. This is Sharry.
Speaker 2: Good Evening, and I've got a big exclusive interview tonight with Donald Trump's newly appointed Director of counter Terrorism, Sebastian Gorka. Doesn't hold back on just how weak international leaders have been.
Speaker 3: Have a look.
Speaker 4: Every nation in the world will have a decision to make. Do you stand with those who are taking the fight to the Jihades, to the terrorists, to the evildoers, or do you stand with those who are trying to destroy our civilization.
Speaker 2: That's Donald Trump's new senior director of counter Terror and that strong message for the likes of.
Speaker 3: Albanzi and Penny Wang.
Speaker 2: That big interview coming up also tonight, in her first interview since the Albanzi government refused her visa, former Israeli Minister Iolette Shaked will join me live on the She.
Speaker 3: Is fired up now.
Speaker 2: This has been a big story and that exclusive interview.
Speaker 3: With Ilett will be up shortly.
Speaker 2: Plus the debate over the social media band for kids. Some coalition figures are now saying they're going to.
Speaker 3: Cross the floor.
Speaker 2: And yet we've had a couple of sunny days in Sydney and we're already being warned about blackouts I'll speak about all of this with Bronwyn Bishop, Caleb Bond, Cameron Milner and Liz Burke. But first, the Prime Minister is facing worse and worse economic results by the day, but he refuses to acknowledge the gravity of this cost of living crisis gripping the nation. In Parliament today Albanezy pretended everything was rosy, Wages going up, he said, gender pay gap solved, inflation.
Speaker 3: Falling, no dramas well.
Speaker 2: Alban Ezy's head is in the Copa Cabana cliff top clouds and here's his reality check.
Speaker 3: The news today that.
Speaker 2: The Albanezy government is presiding over the longest household recession GDP per capita has been falling for the.
Speaker 3: Past six quarters.
Speaker 2: This is longer than any period over the past fifty years, according to The Australian. And the only reason when not in a nationwide full blown recession is because of the high immigration numbers that's propping up the budget, the Big Australia policy.
Speaker 3: But that's all.
Speaker 2: Irrelevant to the average family because at a household individual level we are in a recession and families are feeling it. Russ Greenwood spoke about this here last.
Speaker 5: Night guess what happened. The individual the household has been in recession for months and months and months now, and that's what consumers are feeling.
Speaker 1: That's what people are feeling.
Speaker 5: That's the reason why you've got restaurants going out of business around Australia right now, because people do not have the disposable income.
Speaker 2: And the actual figures show that business insolvencies have hit their highest level since the pandemic, a four year high, and as we spoke about last night, household disposable income is lower than even during Australia's past four recessions. Well, given all of this, it's kind of stunning to think that when Alban Easy became Prime Minister in May twenty twenty two, the cost of living was his single biggest election promise.
Speaker 3: You couldn't have missed it.
Speaker 6: Labor has a plan for a better future, a plan not just for them but for their children as well, for families, taking the pressure off the cost of childcare, the cost of electricity, a plan to address cost of living, take pressure off cost of living, meaningful ongoing help with the cost of living for families.
Speaker 2: That was his promise, take the pressure off the cost of living, but to a half years on. This is the reality as articulated by the Coalition in question Time today.
Speaker 7: After two and a half years of this Albaneze labor government, Australians have seen their standard of living fall off a cliff, the biggest reduction since records began in the fifties. We've been in a household recession for a record six consecutive quarters. This is worse for households than Keaty's recession we had to have and the disastrous Whitlam government this week. Prime Minister is taking our country in the wrong direction. How can Australian families afford another three years of labor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a brutal reality check and it was reflected as well in a question on Q and A last night that captured the sentiment of many Australians.
Speaker 8: My husband and I we're a grocery shop. I mean, the grocery shop is just staggering. And I don't know personally knowing a number of people who don't have a house. They're paying rent every week. And if you've got a couple of children, how do they pay rent? Pay all these heavy tolls, huge grocery bills, Education, I mean medical that the list just goes on and I think people are getting to the point where they've lost all hope in there being a better way of life than what they're experiencing now.
Speaker 2: Well grilled on these issues in Parliament today, alban Easy spoke of wage growth and yes, it's true wages have grown under Jim Chalmers, but the growth has sadly been more than eroded by taxes and the higher cost of goods and services thanks to inflation. But alban Easy, of course never mentions the government's tax intake that's only getting higher and higher, record tax thanks to bracket creep. And as you might have heard, Deloitte Access Economics said today that we're looking at the most severe deterioration in the budget bottom line ever recorded outside of the COVID pandemic.
Speaker 9: This is the most significant deterioration in the underlying cash balance that we've seen outside of the pandemics. What we need in Australia is better fiscal policy, better economic reform and tax reform to get the budget into a more sustainable position over the longer term.
Speaker 2: No we sit here, we're just weeks out from the end of the year. When alban Easy had thought that interest rates would be falling, and he would coast into the summer break, sipping his elbow pale ale on the balcony of his new Copa cabana clifftop mansion, and then roll into an easy election win, just like he thought he'd easily win the Voice, And when he didn't, he blamed misinformation and said about trying to foist on Australians new legislation that.
Speaker 3: Would shut down free speech.
Speaker 2: Well, trying to convince Australians that he's got this economic crisis covered and that he should be re elected, Well, that's going to be a harder sell than the Voice. Yes, because this is personal right now, Many Australian parents will be worrying about how they can afford to buy Christmas presents for their kids this year. But none of this seems to bother Alban Easy. It's like he doesn't know it's even happening. A Prime minister living a life of freebies and luxury while the nation he's meant to be leading suffers. I'm going to come back to that in a moment with Rodman Bishop and Caleb Bonda. They have a lot to say, but I want to turn now and tell you about an exclusive story. Now, the Israeli government is furious at Tony Burke's decision to refuse to issue a visa to a former Israeli minister, Iolette Shakhd. She has family here in Australia. She was here in March last year and there were no problems at all with giving her a visa then. But Iolette applied for a visa one again to visit her family and to speak at a security conference in Canberra. But her visa on Thursday night was rejected on character grounds. Now, this was a political decision, and I can tonight reveal that Tony Burke, as Home Affairs Minister, decided to review this decision. An Islet was informed in writing she was still on standby to fly to Australia for the conference on Friday, on Saturday, on Sunday on Monday, but she never heard from Tony Burke again.
Speaker 3: He ghosted her.
Speaker 2: Far from diplomatic. This is a woman who was a minister when if Talie Bennett was Israeli PM, and if Neftalie Bennett is elected the Prime Minister again, as he could very well be at some point in the years to come, well then IoLET could once again hold a senior position in the Israeli government. Yet Tony Burke and the lousy pro Palestinian Albanesi government have shown her extreme discourtesy. The Israeli government was very insulted by this highly political decision, the anger felt at senior levels. The Foreign Minister Gideon Sar is in disbelief over how a supposed ally could treat Israel like this, and Israel's Ministry of Foreign Affairs released this statement saying the Australian government's decision to deny a visa to former Israeli Minister Islet Shaked is unacceptable. The decision is deeply offensive and troubling and will have a negative impact on Israel Australia relations. Now, the reasons given by the Albanese government were that if Islet was allowed to enter Australia, there's a risk she would and I quote Villifi segment of the Australian community or incite discord in the Australian community.
Speaker 3: So because she's.
Speaker 2: Jewish and Israeli, she might incite discord meaning disagreement in the Australian community. That is offensive, it is racist, it is discrimination. Shame on Tony Burke and albin Ezi. To me, this sounds like the Albanzi government yet again caving into terror supporters, because who else would be upset by inn Israeli flying into our country. This is a capitulation to harmas clear and simple. It's because Burke, Albinizi, Wong and the rest of them make the devastating mistake of equating Israel with the terrorists it's trying to destroy. It's this type of weakness and moral confusion that Donald Trump as president wants to stamp out. And as I said, I have his new director of counter terrorism on my show tonight in a big exclusive interview, Sev Gorka describes this attitude as civilizational suicide.
Speaker 4: Yes, we need leadership, and the good news is when President Trump, my former boss, and god willing my future boss, gets behind that resolute desk, every nation in the world.
Speaker 1: Will have a decision to make.
Speaker 4: Do you stand with those who are taking the fight to the Jihades, to the terrorists, to the evildoers, or do you stand with those who are trying to destroy our civilization?
Speaker 1: It will be a stark choice.
Speaker 2: That interview is coming up, but never a true word was said and I will have Isilett Chaquet on the show a bit later that's Live after Australia's disgraceful decision, and Sebastian Gorka coming up shortly as well. But now let's bring in former Speaker of the House Bronwin Bishop and Sky New's host k A.
Speaker 3: Bond.
Speaker 2: Great to see you both, Runwin, I want to ask you about this news today that Australia is now in the longest household recession in fifty years.
Speaker 10: Why we're surprised and we've got a government that has completely and utterly rejected everything that people have learned in the years since we've had bad recessions. It's got wages chasing inflation and that's a recipe for disaster. You've seen the policies that they're pursuing with regard to energy, let alone the question that we're going to get blackouts, which is rationing of power as well. But aside from that, it just feeds into the cost of everything that people have to buy their groceries at the serpmarket. So when we see those figures about just how bad it is, I think we see just how poor discovernment really is and it has to go at the next election because Australia and Australians can't forward literally to have them for another three years. If you don't have someone who can understand, as Albanezi clearly doesn't. And Dr Chalmers with his PhD in baull Keating, who honestly believes that he is going to reform capitalism, we're in serious trouble. So I think that people are awakening from the wokeness that they have accepted for a long time. And I think people seeing this government for what it is.
Speaker 2: A no bigger issue than the cost of living Caleb. And also it goes to the broken promise as well. I mean just the number of times Albanzi made this his central issue, it's kind of stunning to think it's his biggest failure.
Speaker 11: Well, it's hard to think of a prime minister or a government in Australian history that has managed to achieve so little in its first term. I mean, normally a first term government you hit the ground running, here's our policy platform, You've given us the mandate to do it. What can alban easy point to that he has managed to achieve in this term as Prime minister And we've had Airbus elbow and upgrade elbow. We might stap calling him absent elbow because he's not actually been there to do anything. The only thing they can point to, which is a fur fee, is that inflation has gone down. But of course inflation has only gone down as an official figure because the government has pumped money into things such as a subsidizing energy for instance. It doesn't make a difference to what you have in your pocket. It doesn't make a difference, as we know from the household figures, what you have to spend. It simply diddles the numbers to make the government look good. Apart from that, they've done literally nothing, but.
Speaker 2: Inflation is still above the target back. It means that the price of everything is rising more than it should. Just for a little economics lesson that. Now, we've had a couple of beautiful days of warm weather in Sydney. Sorry to everyone in Melbourne watching, but when I say warm weather, I mean in the city. It's been in the high twenties, hardly a heat wave, and yet already this is testing the energy grid. Here was the Australian Energy Market Operator.
Speaker 12: Today we are experiencing some quite unseasonable hot weather here in New South Wales today, that combined with a number of major generation units that are on outage, both due to planned and unplanned maintenance, is causing tightness in electricity supply here in New South Wales, both today and tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I mean Brom and we just heard in there described this as unseasonable hot weather. We're just days out from the official summer period starts December the first, and yet already it looks like the energy grid is going to struggle to cope with it.
Speaker 10: Well, of course it is because we are still totally reliant on coal and coal five powerstations. And what has happened because in the middle of the day when they can buy and do buy circle renewables, it means that the stations have to shut off, which means that they are degraded, and the maintenance has not been up kept, has not been keeping up, and so consequently you've got various generators which are offline and being subject to repairs and so called maintenance. It's been programmed, but it's not. It is a question of saying the government has told us that col fired power stations are out and therefore we don't have to take care of them, and the other fact is this that when you see that in New South Wales that the government has had to renew the life of Alfy pass over ROWI that was going to shut down. That's going to happen more and more because we can't do without it. And when I see the head of AIMO get up there and say, well, we're going to have to ration power, that's what he's saying. Ration it. We're going to tell which users can have to turn off their activity, such as tom Ago, the big aluminium smelter, which is the greatest user about in the country.
Speaker 3: It will mean.
Speaker 10: And then watch out if you've got a smart meter, because then the.
Speaker 2: Government's productivity are impact on the economy.
Speaker 10: Yep, but watch out personally if you've got a smart meter, the government ultimately can turn your power off. Oh wow, if you haven't got a smart meter, that guy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, well most people don't, Caleb.
Speaker 2: I heard Paul Murray last night on air say that he goes around the house this is to keep his power bill down, turning off the lights.
Speaker 3: And I think it's funny because my husband does. I'm always turning lights on.
Speaker 2: He's always turning the lights off, you know, because everyone's very worried about the power bill.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a gender thing. Caleb, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I mean my mother and father were both fastidious about turn the lights off, turn the lights of, and I never really understood it as a child who cares I wasn't paying the bill. I mean, you know, you think money comes out of a wall, right. And it was quite funny my girlfriend's young son said recently, because I was leaving my rental property and looking for another one, and.
Speaker 1: You just said, why don't you buy a house?
Speaker 11: He said, well, we've got money. I don't just go down the bank and get the money, so you don't have any content. I do it now though, because you know I've got to pay the bill, right. But the point on when you made about the coulified powerstations and the maintenance is the number one thing here, because, of course, all the money the government has spent over at least the last decade has gone into renewables. So if you're an agl or in origin or whoever it seems to be, or whoever it happens to be, who owns a coulifired power station, why would you be investing in a form of power that the government wants you to turn off within the next decade when you can get all the money out of them to go and build renewables. Therefore, the coli fired power generators we have are degraded. They have been for some time. Every time this has happened, it's been because they're down for maintenance. And we supposedly live in a first world country. Now we've got to know, don't have the air conditioner down so low because it's bad you run out of power.
Speaker 1: Please.
Speaker 10: I just remember being an international conference and talking to someone from an African country. I'll just say I won't name it. And he looked at me and he said, how on earth can we prosper when in the entire country we only have one power generating plant? He said, the real prosperity for my country will only come when we've got power like you've got now. It's not going to come from wind farms. It's not going to come from panels of glass.
Speaker 3: It's going to.
Speaker 10: Come from nuclear or coal and or gas. And until people recognize this fact and say we've been wrong, we've woken up. We're no longer woke, we're awakened. We're really going to see what's happening. We are on a trajectory to actually seeing my granddaughter inheriting a very poor stand of living, and I'm not prepared to stand by and let that happen.
Speaker 3: Well, good on you, Bronwan.
Speaker 2: You're here and you're still fighting, and appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Now let's turn to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: He's threatened to raise tariffs by an extra ten percent on all Chinese goods coming into the US. He also said he'll charge Mexico and Canada a twenty five percent tariff on all products coming into the US. He described, you know, ridiculous open borders. That's that's his language in his social media post.
Speaker 3: Caleb, Look, these are threats.
Speaker 2: The threats could have the intended consequences without him actually having to impose the tariffs.
Speaker 11: What do you think, Well, I mean that that's obviously what he's playing. And I mean he's alleging that China hasn't done enough to stop the flow of fentanel into the United States. The same goes for Mexico, of course, not to speak for all the illegal immigrants who flow over the border. There is no reason that Trump should not be able to say, well, I'm going to slap these tariffs on you if you don't play ball with us, because of course China did exactly the same thing to us when we stood up to them. I mean, they did put the tariffs in, some of which still there. I mean the shellfish. What are we still talking about that one? Three times that's been announced and still nothing has happened. So yes, I get the argument that it could be economically detrimental to consumers in the United States.
Speaker 3: To have tariffs.
Speaker 11: But if China is going to play the game of slapping tariffs on other people, why shouldn't we play the same game back to them?
Speaker 2: All right, Caylebond, brom A, Bishop, we are out of time.
Speaker 3: So great to see both of you. Thank you. Now.
Speaker 2: As I mentioned Donald Trump's new White House team, it's fast taking shape, and one of the President Elect's latest appointments, Sebastian Gorka will be the director for counter Terrorism. Gowker was part of Donald Trump's first administration. He's a former military and intelligence analyst. He's an author, and in recent times he's been a conservative television host and now he'll play a critical national security role in the White House. And he joined me for an exclusive interview a little earlier Sebastian Gorka, congratulations and your appointment. You've been given the task by Trump of combating terrorism. What do you think are the current greatest terror threats to the Western world?
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for having me. I'm a big fan of yours. We follow you closely here on the other side of the world. The resurgence of global jihadism. People think that it went away, but it didn't. With the surrender of Afghanistan, the disgraceful surrender of Afghanistan by Joe Biden, by Lloyd Austin, his Secretary of Defense, we have a new hub of jihadism. We left eighty well just eighty three billion dollars worth of weapons for the Taliban Al Qaeda Is resurgent. ISIS is still out there, whether it's the Huthis or whether it's the numerous proxies of Iran Bolla a Hamas.
Speaker 1: The threat is as great as it's ever been.
Speaker 4: And so that's why we need President Trump his National Security advisor Mike Waltz back in the White House, and we have a lot of work to do.
Speaker 1: Come twelve on January the twentieth, in the.
Speaker 2: Face of this growing terror threat as you've just defined it, it is extensive. We've also seen thousands of, let's face it, terror supporters marching on the street absurdly in the name of peace. How do you think said that Western leaders internationally have responded to this.
Speaker 4: Well, in some cases they've just stuck their head in the sand, and in other cases they have thought that they can deal with this threat with some kind of political negotiation or some kind of economic aid.
Speaker 1: But they're wrong. They're wrong.
Speaker 4: I've spent thirty years teaching the strategy the ideology of the Jihani movement from the Ikuan, the Muslim Brotherhood on down through al Qaeda and through Isis. Today we have to understand that this is a war between the civilized world, the Judeo Christian West, the greatest civilization the war has ever seen, and the barbarians, those who wish to destroy our civilization. Whether it's those responsible for nine to eleven, whether it's those responsible for the heenous attacks on October the seventh in Israel where women and children and unarmed men were targeted. This is a war to the death where only one side can win. The forces of light and goodness or those who really are working for the destruction of our civilization.
Speaker 3: That's so well put in.
Speaker 2: I'd go further and say that some international leaders have been utterly weak. They've been ineffective, hopeless, and probably have enabled.
Speaker 3: The terror threat to grow.
Speaker 2: And that's not to mention the billions of dollars the Biden administration gave to Iran and then the other international leaders calling for a cease fire instead of showing strength and solidarity.
Speaker 3: Well, what's your response to this?
Speaker 4: I can completely concur when you're giving literally billions of dollars, as the Biden administration did to those who preach every Friday from the Muller's pulpits death to the West, that's suicide. That's share insanity. When you think that you can negotiate with people who call for the death of every Christian and every Jew, that is it's just political suicide, it's civilizational suicide.
Speaker 1: So yes, we need leadership.
Speaker 4: And the good news is when President Trump, my former boss, and God willing, my future boss, gets behind that resolute desk, every nation in the world will have a decision to make. Do you stand with those who are taking the fight to the Jihades, to the terrorists, to the evildoers, or do you stand with those who are trying to destroy our civilization. It will be a stark choice. But as I said when I was in the White House the first time, borrowing a phrase from the Marine Corps, my beloved devil dogs, it's very simple, America, no better friend, no worse enemy, and there will be a time for choosing for all the nations of the world.
Speaker 1: Do you stand with us or do you stand with the Jihades?
Speaker 3: Very strong words.
Speaker 2: Well, in light of this, and I understand you've just been appointed and this is one of your first interviews, but the President has been clear he won't tolerate terror support as remaining in the United States.
Speaker 3: What will you do to stop homegrown terror?
Speaker 4: We have a domestic threat as well, when you side with those who are calling for the extermination of Israel from the River to the SEU.
Speaker 1: When we have people who are, let's put it.
Speaker 4: Mildly or diplomatically useful, idiots or worse working for the Iranian regime inside very sensitive positions in the US government that cannot be allowed to stand.
Speaker 1: So, yes, we have lots of plans, my friend.
Speaker 4: But it would be impolitic and improper for me to reveal any of them right.
Speaker 2: Now, understood, Well, I might ask you about a couple of things that Australia has done of late. The Albanezi government issuing nearly three thousand visas to Gazans since October seven, twenty three.
Speaker 3: Do you think Australia should be.
Speaker 2: Bringing in Gazans right now, which we're doing virtually more than any other country on Earth.
Speaker 1: Well, the question is who are they and can you verifine? Can you vet them? If you can't, that's a problem.
Speaker 4: So this is why we had the travel moratorium at the very beginning of the first Trump administration, because we had seven nations who could not verify the identity of the people coming to America and who couldn't tell us that they were not a threat or they were safe. So here's the question that all Australians and the current government needs to consider when reliable polling data since October seventh, the massacre of the innocence, and I've watched the unedited video from Hamas, the forty seven minute unedited video of the slaughter of men, women and children. Every decision maker needs to see that when you know that more than seventy five percent of the population of Gaza in recent polling agreed with what happened to those innocent Jews on October the seventh. The question is are the people coming to your nation or to any free nation.
Speaker 1: In the West.
Speaker 4: Are they in support of the slaughter of innocence or are they trying to escape the hellhole that is the Palestinian quote unquote gas and territories. If they're trying to escape it, that's one thing. If they believe in Australia, if they believe in your value system, that's great.
Speaker 1: But what if they are part of the.
Speaker 4: Seventy five percent who say the slaughter of the innocence is justified. That's the question that your nation and every decent nation needs to answer for themselves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's the security risk that we've been concerned about. The Albenze government continues to fund UNRA, sending millions of taxpayer dollars to the organization, despite its proven terror links. What would your message be to the Albanese government on.
Speaker 4: This, Well, it is not my position to message the Australian government.
Speaker 1: I will just say to anyone who's.
Speaker 4: Considering the utility or the mandate of the United Nations, which conflicts have they prevented and when they have deployed conflict zones, including in Africa.
Speaker 1: How much of what they did actually made it worse?
Speaker 4: We know all about the child prostitution rings, the abuse of children in Africa by so called blue helmeted UN troops. What does that do to the legitimacy of the entity? And now we have you know, anybody can fact check me. Here we have people who are working for UNRA, the United Nations aid agency in the Middle East, who participated willingly in the savage, diabolical attack of October the seventh.
Speaker 1: So ask yourself a question, should.
Speaker 4: Your nation, Should any nation that believes in decency be funding and supporting an entity whose employees were a part of the greatest massacre of the Jewish people since the cessation of hostilities in nineteen forty five and the end of the show of the Holocaust. I think the answer to that question is rather obvious.
Speaker 2: Sebastian Goka, good luck combating terrorism in your new role. Thank you very much for your time, and I hope to see you again on this program soon.
Speaker 1: God bless you. The pleasure was mine.
Speaker 2: Well, it's easy to see how Trump's national security team is going to be pretty unimpressed with the approach taken by alban Easy and his lackluster team. Well still to come. Could this be the Albenzi government's last sitting week before the next election. Cameron Milner has some big views on this his political insights coming up plass an interview with the former Israeli minister who was blocked from entering our country then ghosted by Tony Burke. Alette Shaked would join me live from Israel for that exclusive interview right.
Speaker 3: After this quick break welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, clearly the Albanezi government has decided to drop any remaining shreds of pretense of maintaining good relations with Israel, because, as we've been speaking about it refused to issue a visa to an upstanding Israeli citizen, a former Israeli government minister.
Speaker 3: Now, I let Shakhad.
Speaker 2: She may not be welcome into Australia under Anthony Albanizi, but she is and will always be welcome onto Sky News, and I'm pleased to say I let joins me now lie from Israel in her first interview.
Speaker 3: I let welcome.
Speaker 2: I feel ashamed this is our government and I'm sure all of my viewers would be feeling the same.
Speaker 3: Can you tell us your reaction when you.
Speaker 2: Received the letter saying that your visa was going to be refused?
Speaker 13: Sheila, I was shocked.
Speaker 14: You know, I've been told that this specific government is very radical and proper Estinian government, but I never thought that they will take such such a decision. You know, I was the Minister of Interior as well. I would never thought to refuse a visa to a formal official of my allies. You know, it's such an undemocratic decision. I think your Minister of Interior should be shame of himself. That is just trying, you know, to impress radical Muslim minority and instead, you know, it's hurting the feeling of the Jewish community in Israel and the relationship with Israel.
Speaker 13: You know, I spoke with.
Speaker 14: The Minister of Foreign Affairs in Israel and with the ambassador, and definitely there will be consequences to this brutal act.
Speaker 2: That's breaking news that I let what do you mean by consequences? So the Foreign Minister in Israel, Giddi inside, he's well across this situation. I reported at the start of the show that he is very angry about it. What ramifications or consequences will they be for Australia.
Speaker 14: Let's wait for the ambassador and for the Minister of an Affairs.
Speaker 13: To act and to react.
Speaker 14: But I can tell you, you know, it's not that they refuse to give me a visa. It's just that this government became anti Semitic on October seven, the Hamas Lounge, a genocidal, barbaric attack on Israel. And you know, before October seventh, I visited Australia. I have family there with my beloved aunt and cousins. They are living in Sydney, and I visit the Jewish community in Australia.
Speaker 13: We have amazing Zionists Jewish community in Australia.
Speaker 14: And suddenly after October seventh, they changed their mind. So I think it's just a disc it's just a shameful and disgraceful decision, and it will be just you know, a black anacdote on this government and on the history of the relationship between the two countries. But I fully believe that Israel and Australia are very good allies and it doesn't matter what the government.
Speaker 13: Is right now in Australia.
Speaker 14: And I hope of course that next to you you would ever knew a government and I will be able to come and visit you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly hope you will be able to come and visit us again, because it's absurd that, as you said, you were able to come in March last year and visit your family here in Australia. Nothing's changed since then except for October seven, an attack by Hamas on Israel. Now I understand that Tony Burke actually sent a second letter to you where he told you that he was going to review this decision, but then he never got back to you. I mean we call that ghosting. He just never got back to you and you were sitting there waiting to hear. Yeah, tell us.
Speaker 13: Yes. So it got back to me this morning and it's still refused to give me a visa.
Speaker 14: It doesn't really matter because the conference is about to finish in two days, so I can't come anyway, but it's still refusing and as I'm saying, it's just, you know, undemocratic decision.
Speaker 13: I represented Israel.
Speaker 14: I was Minister of Justice and Minister of Interior exactly like himself, and I would have never done such a thing to my ally and I think, you know, it's just he needs to give answer to the Jewish community in Australia about this brutal act.
Speaker 13: And I think that, you know, in the basic issue is that they.
Speaker 14: Just don't distinguish between good and evil. Israel is fighting for a lot. You know, we are fighting in like seven frontis against stero organization in the south and in the north, this sterile organization Hamas slaughtered our families, burned our babies, raped our women.
Speaker 13: Decapitated soldiers.
Speaker 14: And instead of you know, I think that the Democratic allies should stand with Israel and say we support Israel as a democratic state, we support its right to defend itself exactly like the US, and they'll just choose the wrong side of the history.
Speaker 2: Now, they blocked you from coming island, but at the same time, this Albanesi government rushed through nearly three thousand visas for Palestinians from Gaza without proper security vetting.
Speaker 3: We didn't have anyone on the ground.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is an extreme case of moral confusion, isn't it.
Speaker 14: Definitely the Australian people will just you know, allow his voice and change this government in the current election. Instead of giving full support to Israel. They're just you know, betrayed our relationship and give just full support for the Palestinian They are looking on one side and distort their reality.
Speaker 3: It's an embarrassment to all of us.
Speaker 2: Here Isila shakhad As I said, you're always welcome on the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much for joining us and speaking much. It's just appalling, isn't it.
Speaker 2: This isn't how you treat an ally having an existential fight, trying to fight for its very survival. Coming up after the break, speculation is mounting that the PM may call the election earlier than May. I'll tell you which date. The alban Easy government is really looking at. Cameron Milner and Liz Burke will join me. Plus the debate over Labour's social media ban for kids. More coalition figures are vowing to cross the floor. That's coming up after this quick break.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back.
Speaker 2: Well, let's bring in now former Labor State Director and Farmer chief of Staff to Bill Sholton, Cameron Milner and News dot com Dot Au Deputy editor Liz Burke.
Speaker 3: Great to see both of you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Let's have a look at Labour's social media ban for kids now, This was originally a policy that Peter Dutton first suggested, but now there are key coalition figures like Alexantik and Matt Canavan who are expressing concerns and they also say they're not going to vote for the laws.
Speaker 3: Have a look.
Speaker 15: I don't think it should be pasted this week. I don't understand the haste here. It is a joke, it is an embarrassment and we should pause this, extend the inquiry and let's take a bit more time to consider this world leading legislation.
Speaker 1: So I don't support it.
Speaker 16: I do think the words banned media should ever be in a sentence together. I'm concerned about a whole range of issues. The creep is one of them. The powers given to the Commissioner.
Speaker 2: Now, the issue of concern Cameron is that everyone would need to give a digital idea.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that's the case.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that's the concern that figures and people, you know, Australians are holding that everyone adults.
Speaker 3: Included, would need to give a digital ID.
Speaker 2: Labor hasn't actually spelled out how these laws would work, and that's part of the problem.
Speaker 17: Well, I think the good thing is that there's genuine bipartisan support to actually stop this sewer, the sewer that is social media out there polluting our young people with shameless information. Look, we don't let them take tobacco or smoke, or drive a car or get married for for their sixteen So I think sixteens are very good and very reasonable, sensible decision. So let's work out the detail. But the macro is is we've got to turn off this tap. We've got to stop the sewer, and we're going to stop social media polluting our young people's minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Liz, I think most parents, and this is obviously Peter Dutton sense because he's backing these lots, most parents do want a social media ban for kids. It's very hard for them to enforce. But there is at the same time growing concern that everyone would have to give their identity to use the internet.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's right, And like you said, there's not heaps of detail around that at the moment.
Speaker 3: The Senate Committee.
Speaker 18: Did publish its inquiry its report this evening and there is a recommendation in there around the digital ID So that's going to force some detail there. I think we'll certainly, you know, start to see a bit more of what's actually going to be proposed and what could be effective. I think though, like you said, it's very popular proposal among parents, and a lot of people who support this I don't think are really concerned with the detail. Like you said, Cameron, it's more about the macro and I think there's a rush to get this through. There's both a real rush from the government to get a popular policy through ahead of an election, and I think there's a perceived rush among parents. That's more to do with I guess the fleeting nature of youth. I mean, in reality, these laws aren't going to be in effect until you know, twenty twenty six. They won't actually be able to enforce that legislation. But I think there's fear that if it's delayed any further, then more and more Australian children are going to outgrow these protections. So if it's delayed any further, if it's not going to get passed, then you know that just kind of leaves more children vulnerable.
Speaker 3: Cameron.
Speaker 2: I want to turn to your piece in the Nightly now. I think you're predicting a March eight election day. That's my birthday, by the way, So these could be if you're right, this week could be the last week of the alban Ezy government, in last sitting week before the election.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What are you hearing about when the election is going to be called?
Speaker 17: Well, I don't think they can keep going the way they are and Parliament is an absolute shamozel, an absolute shamodel are I mean, the Greens and Liberals are tag teaming their attacks on labor, and labour's being sort of beaten up around the chambers, all around the place, and they've lost control of Parliament. So there's no point to go back, no point to go back. And I don't think the budget is going to be the bounce that they want either, so leaving it right out to May doesn't make a lot of sense. Call the election straight after Christmas when people are feeling good about themselves. Got a bit of a buzz calling on Australia Day for March eight. I think makes an awful lot of sense.
Speaker 2: If people are feeling good about themselves. I mean, there's going to be a lot of families who are going to be struggling to buy Christmas presents for their children. They'll be disappointed at children. It could be a complete mess. Liz, what's your sense do you think the Prime Minister is going to want to return to Parliament next year or will you try and avoid that.
Speaker 18: I think there's a pretty good case, like you just said, to avoid it. I mean, things aren't really going to get better for families, you know, between now and Australia Day, between now and March eight, between now and May twenty five, if that's when the election is, you know, cost of living is not going to go down, affordability is not going to get any easier. Things are likely to get worse for families. The only sense in holding out would be maybe if they're banking on, you know, a rate cut, but that's you know.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't put your money off in that now. It's not going to happen.
Speaker 18: It's certainly not going to happen before March. It's very unlikely to happen before May. So yeah, and we know also that the budget is slated for May twenty five. With the numbers that they've got to work with, sorry, March twenty five, With the numbers that they've got to work with, it's going to be really, really difficult to produce an election winning budget, So if they can avoid that altogether, then that's probably an advantage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cameron, what do you reckon about this?
Speaker 2: Because Jim Chalmers has delivered two surpluses, you know, a huge feat.
Speaker 3: The Coalition wasn't able to deliver a surplus.
Speaker 2: But the next budget will be in severe deficits. So do you think they're going to want to avoid that or they're just going to have the budget and argue that well, they delivered too, and the Coalition did it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 17: I think it's good that we've got surpluses, but I don't think voters who are under massive crisis, cost of living crisis pretty particularly care about that. They do care about labor debt and deficit though, and they'll care about the fact that Charmers in March next year has to tell everyone that inflation's going back up again. His budget only buys those power bills for so long, and they'll have to return to what the RBA is saying, which is it interest rates and inflation are under pressure in the back half of twenty twenty five. So the budget is not going to be a great document because of externalities, not because of what Chalmer's plan is, but because you've actually got to bring to book all those problems that Labour's got on the horizon and voters will then see it in plane.
Speaker 3: Riding and Liz Dutton does still have the edge.
Speaker 2: The Coalition traditionally has the edge on economic management, but I mean that's even exacerbated given the extreme cost of living crisis that Australians are going through.
Speaker 18: Yeah, and look, I mean if Cameron's right about his election date, maybe it'll be a Dutton government that has to hand down the next budget anyway, which is looking pretty dismal. But it'll be an easier self for them to have to, you know, deliver a budget that's maybe not so popular when they're being seen as being lunked with Labour's mess.
Speaker 3: Then you know, then it would be.
Speaker 18: For Charmers to have to hand down his budget when he's been I guess in control of the economy for all these years. But with the surplus issue, I mean, to voters really care about about a surplus? I think, especially in times like now, it's more about you know, what's in it? For me as a voter, I'll often see the surplus as you know, government's crowing about having all of this excess amount of money, although that's not really exactly what it is. It's almost like, you know, if you're working at a company and they're announcing delivering massive profits for their shareholders, but as an employee, you're going, well, where's my pay increase?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 10: Like?
Speaker 18: I think, I don't think a surplus is as impressive and as much of a vote winner people or maybe government.
Speaker 3: Their own family budget.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, foremost completely Cameron, what do I question?
Speaker 3: Without notice?
Speaker 2: As they say, do you there's any chance alban Easy will be rolled before the next election.
Speaker 17: Well, that's the other reason for not coming back, because the last opportunity for Caucus to neck him this year was yesterday unfortunately, So if the Labor comes back, there'll be four more Caucus meetings and four more opportunities. So going to election before Labor Caucus can actually review him might be a good thing.
Speaker 2: And there has been some chatter about Tony Burke being a little bit ambitious.
Speaker 17: Burke has always been ambitious, blindingly ambitious, and is the sort of guy who would actually roll the dice on a leadership.
Speaker 2: Liz, very quickly, before we go, I want to touch on the campaign Thatnews Dot COM's running at the moment, take the stand, tell.
Speaker 3: Me about it. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 18: So we are campaigning for survivors of sexual assault, who overwhelmingly report that when they enter the justice system, they come out of it more traumatized than when they entered it. In many cases, we've had women report to us that they have actually found the experience of going through court, even at times when their offender was found guilty, when they've had justice, that that experience has actually been traumatic. Then the event that more traumatic than the event that led them there. So we're campaigning for eight cost effective changes that governments can implement right now that will help survivors. And Nina Finel, the journalist who is producing this campaign, has got some really extraordinary stories, exclusive stories of women and their tales of survival and the trauma that they've been through with the courts. I really encourage everyone to check it out. There's a petition associated that you can sign as well.
Speaker 2: Well done on that important work, Lizbert Camera Milner.
Speaker 3: Great to see you. Thanks all support. Now don't go anywhere.
Speaker 2: I'll give my final thoughts on Pennywong's comments about the ICC warrants to arrest Ned and Yahoo.
Speaker 3: That's after the break now.
Speaker 2: A former un official, Ramesh the cur has made the point in the Odds today that the panel that ICC Prosecutor Karim Khan selected either had personal links to him or were already on the record accusing Israel of war crimes that they were asked to investigate. This was never going to be an impartial investigation. They didn't even step foot in Israel. And tonight Alexander Downer has said that he regrets signing Australia up to the ICC when he was Foreign Minister. It is now time to leave. I'll see you again eight o'clock Thursday. Here's poor Murray