Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale. I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style with.
Speaker 1: A boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable, catching ember.
Speaker 2: I love being love, I love love. On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we're jumping into bed and discussing sleeping positions and what it says about your relationship.
Speaker 3: So stay tuned to uncover what your sleeping configuration says about you and your partner.
Speaker 1: Where's your Head At.
Speaker 3: Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. Okay, Anna, is it worth mentioning that the jumper I just took off was given to me by you because some guy left it at your house? Or are you going to leave that and ignore it?
Speaker 1: What's it?
Speaker 2: The jumper I just took off?
Speaker 1: Let me see it?
Speaker 2: Do you remember what old make hat?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Stop, you didn't say anything. We just literally recorded that episode. You did not say anything about it, and I was waiting for you too as well.
Speaker 3: Sorry guys, Hi, how are you? And that just absolutely dropped a bomb on me that he's wearing my ex's jumper.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So remember one time I was going through your wardrope something. I was leaving your house and you're like, do you want this? And I was a bit of your fee at the start, and I was like, fuck, it fits me and it's a cool jumper. I'll have it like a glove. I'll take that. It's actually a backbone of my wardrobe. I actually rock at a fair bit.
Speaker 3: Well, if he follows you on Instagram, he might see that way, he might call you and asked for it back.
Speaker 2: Sorry, mate, it's mine. Now you leave it at someone's house. It's free game, I reckon. Yeah.
Speaker 1: How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: It was good? It was good, not much, just relaxed, slept a little bit.
Speaker 1: Nice. I became a godparent.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 3: My second role as a godparent. I was very honored to be ours.
Speaker 2: That's that's so who is it to you? Then?
Speaker 3: So it's my cousin's kids. So I'm now godparent to both of her sons, Spencer and Liam. It was so funny though, I literally got to the church and there was this lady there who was wearing exactly the same outfit as me.
Speaker 1: It was fine, though, like I didn't mind. I thought she looked amazing.
Speaker 3: I was like, all nice outfit, and then I was like, oh, I'm wearing the exact same outfit, so We're both wearing white suits. Who looks I think she looked hard. She was looking like fresh to death.
Speaker 2: She looked. Well, you were down in my neck of the woods. I saw that I was, and I went to school masses at the church you're at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 2: Hey, what was it Michaels Saint Michael's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Michael was like, this is.
Speaker 2: But I did see as well on your Instagram, so I saw that. But I did see that you bought some pillows, yes yourself. What was going on there?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So Michael and I have been having the worst night sleeps I reckon for like three weeks and we've just said nothing about it, like other than putting deep heat on our necks in the morning when.
Speaker 1: We wake up.
Speaker 3: We've just like literally just accepted it. And then I think on Sunday morning, I was like, enough is enough? Like I need to buy new pillows. I'm willing to buy a new mattress at this point because obviously it's something.
Speaker 1: To do with how we're sleeping.
Speaker 3: And like, I think we even got a humidifier in the room as well, because we've been waking up with like kind of sore throats. So like there's just like a whole lot of bad sleeping going on in our apartment.
Speaker 2: What pillow did you get?
Speaker 3: So we got a pillow? I don't even know a memory frome, Yeah, memory from pillow. I like tested at least forty different pillows, like you like, yeah, go on to the bed. Michael is like the most annoying person to go pillow shopping with. He would like need to close his eyes, like get in this sleep zone, and even then he couldn't make up his mind. But we both ended up getting different pillows. I think he got the what's it called, what's condoms made out of latex?
Speaker 1: He got a late pillo.
Speaker 2: I wait till I start on my pillow stories. I've got them for you, don't you worry.
Speaker 3: But anyway, last night was the first night of both of us having our new pillows, and I swear to god, I had the best sleep I've had other than staying at hotels, but the best sleep I've had in my own bed in so long.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm a massive advocate for getting the right pillow. So I reckon. When I was wrestling like full time every weekend, twice a weekend, I couldn't move, Like I genuinely could not get out of bed. I was so sore. So I got gifted a pillow from my ex. It was like this like memory foam one, and I fucking swear by him, like.
Speaker 3: Literally underrated gift, Like for someone to gift you good sleep, Yeah, that's gotta be up there.
Speaker 2: So she gave me that, and then I remember my next girl, from my next ex, I was like, look, I can't have these pillows, like these are no good. So I went out and bought new ones. And then it's so funny with Jen. I'm fucking literally like within like weeks of like a week of sleeping in her bed, I was like I fucking heard enough. I'm like this mattress sucks. I'm like this pillow fucking sucks. And then I made her this is like literally a week, ten days into seeing each other by a new memory phone mattress and.
Speaker 1: You can't make someone buy new pillows. Now, you've got to do the vibe.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I said, Look, even if this doesn't end up like going into relationship, I've just blessed her with a new pillow. And yeah, I've done it and given her the encouragement to do it. So she now, yeah, it's funny enough. She actually the pillow she bought for her her bed I loved so much. I went at the time and bought for my bed as well.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, you know what, it's something we don't think of.
Speaker 3: And the lady at the shop was like, yeah, you're supposed to replace your pillows every three years, and I was like, what, I've had the same pillows for ten plus years, not even kidding.
Speaker 2: One of my pillows because I literally went, so you said that, right, So the original pillow I had that was memory fohe it was time to be a new one, I reckon. I bought four before I found the right one. I literally was going back and forth by and my mum's house is a stack of pillows on my bed of just mis miserrid ones that I didn't they weren't the right one. Yeah, yeah, and they're quite expensive. As well when you think about it.
Speaker 1: Like, uh, yeah, three hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, yeah, I spent like it was half priced and it was like two forty or something.
Speaker 1: But best three hundred dollars I have ever said. Actually, no, it's a lie.
Speaker 2: I was at to say, I spent three hundred dollars and some no, some better stuff.
Speaker 3: No, actually it was one eighty because it was it was it was the black sale or something.
Speaker 2: I never never paid full price for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we went to DFO. Actually it was very good. A good buget is meant to be three hundred. We got it for one eighty. Best one hundred and eighty dollars that I've ever spent. But speaking of like pillows, when you're single, and like you know, you might start stinging, like this is a real problem.
Speaker 1: If they've not got good.
Speaker 3: Pillows, it's not good. That could be a deal breaker.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Well, well, just do what I did and tell them to get the right pillow.
Speaker 3: If you're a bit more polite like me, I just like suck it up and like walk out with like.
Speaker 1: A creaked neck.
Speaker 2: I couldn't take it. I was like, no, we need to get a new pillow. But talking about sleeping, I've tried something new. So where everyone gets their facts from these days, TikTok I saw a, I saw it.
Speaker 3: You need to fact check the facts from TikTok I reckon, But yeah, I continue.
Speaker 2: I saw that it's good for men to sleep naked. So I've heard that. Yeah, so it was like for the balls with the produce of sperms. So whatever's going on in there, like I need you know, I'm taking risks now. I can do whatever I can to try and makes like something happened there. So you're on.
Speaker 1: Your infertility journey.
Speaker 3: So if they're saying sleep naked, I'm sure that you can happily do that.
Speaker 2: That's the funniest thing. I do it now before we go sleep, because I obviously wear boxes so I can go around the house. I literally take them off discreetly under the sheets and just place someone's chest. I just wink at her.
Speaker 1: But so how does she react?
Speaker 2: I just like laugh and sort of put some on the ground.
Speaker 1: She's like, there's some skin musk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm very hygienic. But then, so I've been sleeping naked. I've actually enjoyed it's I've gotten used to it now, So the first couple of days, first weeks, I was sort of like, oh, this is a bit weird and used to It's a bit annoying when I have to go up and go to the bathroom, put on you know, like job chili on the yeah, you know, in case someone sees me but insane. Yeah, so in case like Nicki and Murph seeing but insaying that. Right, So we're asleep, Jane and myself, Nicky and Murph have gone out and they've they've forgotten a key. So it's probably like two am, three am. They've knocked on the door, rang the doorbell. I've sprung out of bed, completely forgotten about putting any jocks on or anything like that. Oh no, Maverick. They're puppy who's one year old. If anyone knows anything about Hungarian Visler's, they're a big dog, right.
Speaker 1: He's full of energy full.
Speaker 2: I once saw him leap off two back legs onto the bed. I've never said. I couldn't believe it. I was like, that kid's got better hops than I do, Like he literally leapt and landed on the bed. So he's full of energy. You've met him. He's he's a handful. So I've gotten up. I've just put my hand to cover my the package. I've gone out to the door. I've opened the door for him. Maverick's so excited because he hasn't seen his parents in like what eight hours. I've been out all night. He's going ballistic. They've got hands full of cause I've been a dinner party, dinner plates, dinner balls, and I've literally tried to grab Maverick in my half sleep. He's yanked through.
Speaker 1: One hand on the package, one hand on the jar.
Speaker 2: He's come through my legs somehow, so I've lost control of him. They're like, whoa wall. So I had to grab him with both hands. Everything's swinging everywhere. His tail's whipping me in the nuts. I'm trying to hold this dog. Nicky's like, oh my god, Mad, I'm like, fucking hell, I'm trying to get your dog. Mrv's kissing himself. Everything's out for display. I just literally took my half back into my bedroom. I was I hope that never gets spoken about again.
Speaker 1: Are you mortified?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not afraid to show it, but it's still embarrassing.
Speaker 3: It's your girlfriend's twin sister has seen your dick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I hope that there was a bit of blood pumping through it. No, so, yeah, it was. Everything was everywhere. The dog was whipping me with his tail, literally hitting my balls. I was trying to grab him, hold him. Everyone's trying to friendly close the door. This is at three am. So what Yeah, so I thought i'd be worth having funny story.
Speaker 3: Wow, poor Nikki. I'm sure that was a sight for sore eyes.
Speaker 2: I mean, poor Nikki.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it was me, Nikky.
Speaker 2: So on that should we talk about sleeping positions and how you sleep?
Speaker 1: I think we sure. Let's jump in.
Speaker 2: All right. And so when Michael moved in all those months ago, who picks the side of the bed that you sleep on?
Speaker 3: I mean from the first night that he ever slept over, I already had my side.
Speaker 1: My side is always.
Speaker 3: The furthest away from the door, because like I think mentally, I always think like, well, maybe they'll go for the other.
Speaker 1: Person if they're closest to the door first. I'm so selfish.
Speaker 2: Really, well, that is true, Like a lot of men always sleep on the door side.
Speaker 1: So I saw that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it goes from like back when we were like cavemen. Even the one who would protect the house would be the one that would sleep at the door.
Speaker 3: It's kind of cute if you think about it, because they're like being the protector, so if anyone's like coming through the door, they're going to leap onto.
Speaker 2: Them and take them down. In saying that Jen and I, Jen sleeps by the door. She's such a stickler for her side that she sleeps on and wants to fly on this side of her because she's got a saw back. She takes the door side, which for me at the start was uncomfortable because I'm used to sleeping in that position and face that side, so it was a lot to get used to.
Speaker 3: Maybe that says that she's very protective over you, because, as we've recently realized that when we were doing research for this episode, all of these sleeping positions they mean things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we'll touch on later, but I don't see Jen jumping out of bed if I do, Chel comes into the bedroom.
Speaker 3: Should be protective of you, yeah, I mean you're like ten foot tall about her, so you'd probably just leap over.
Speaker 2: And well, every time we've heard I've always jumped out of bed. Like I said in the story before, I'll jump out of bed if there's a noise on the door. But yeah, for a bit that was uncomfortable. But she yeah, she sleeps on that side. Do you have any rules when you're sharing a bed with Michael.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think we have any rules as such. Like I think we both share the bed pretty well. We're both quite similar. The only thing I reckon is I occasionally love like eating in bed, and Michael is just like he's like, this is a.
Speaker 1: Strong no from me.
Speaker 2: Off my nut yet, but like, think about it.
Speaker 3: If you like have had a busy day, it's like eight pm, I have like I don't know, like a salad or a ball of pasta or my dinner, and like I just want to because we have a TV in our room, yep, Like I just want to jump into bed, get cozy, eat my dinner and watch TV.
Speaker 1: Like I think that's fine.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can't know. I don't like eating in the bed. I mean that's like hell, I'll allow it, like you said, if it's like a dessert maybe and you're in bed watching TV, I'll allow that, and that's a fair play. But just dinner or like something that's crummy like chips, and then you're like laying you on crumbs.
Speaker 3: You're not crump crumb, not crumbs, for sure, not crumbs. Do you guys have a TV in your bedroom?
Speaker 2: Yes? So Jen never used to have a TV in her bedroom, and I was like, I need a TV. I need a TV, So do I need one? Like it's to me that goes out saying I love That's nothing better than laying in bed watching TV.
Speaker 1: Say it's so good.
Speaker 3: Like my ideal morning is to literally wake up, get a coffee, and watch morning TV in bed and just like get caught up with what's happening in the world. Like that to me is like a dream morning, even if it's just for like fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: That does sound I do like that as well. My I think I've established but we'll touch on love languages when we do. But my love language is laying in bed with my partner Jen watching a TV show or a movie that we're both into, So no phones, no distractions, cutting. I think that is fucking amazing.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 2: That's like literally my love language. Like I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's your love language, Matt, And I think I'm definitely like in the same boat without Like I absolutely love watching a good true crime documentary with Michael that we're both really into, or a show that we're really into. Like when I think of like some of our great times, I think of watching ninety Day Fiance in bed.
Speaker 1: I love that show. We were both like glued to it.
Speaker 3: It's so hilarious, like some amazing TV moments on there, and it just like makes you happy, right.
Speaker 2: It's actually literally like makes me so content.
Speaker 3: But I wanted to bring something up with you because I remember ages ago you touched on this and I don't know if you're actually you'll remember you told me about your like alter ego.
Speaker 2: I knew this was going to come off if we're talking about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to share this because I feel like this is like if you were ever gonna share it, now would be the time now that we're talking about like sleeping positions and like you.
Speaker 2: Know, Okay, So I have an alter ego, as you touched on, he goes by the name of the cuddle Monster. So let me just okay, So the cuddle Monster, I used to say to Jen, Look, Matthew's eating, he's full, but the cuddle monster is hungry. Let's get to bed. So, like I used to just say it all the time. I'd be like, let's get into bed. The cuddle Monster's coming. She's just like, you know, I say like jokes and be like as I was cuddling her arm, cuddle Monster, like.
Speaker 1: The voice, I want to hear the voice cuddle It was like.
Speaker 2: So then we're just like it just became a thing, Like it just literally just became our thing. And then for Christmas, I bought her so we're like, what does the cuddle monster look like? And I was like, to me, he's Sully from Monsters, Inc. And she's like, yeah, he is. So I bought her this stuffed Sully from Monsters Inc. So she can like, yeah, soft toy, so she can cuddle the cuddle Monster when I'm not there or I'm away. It eventually evolved, keeps evolving when she was away, I'll tell this story. So when she was away, I ordered a onesie of Sully.
Speaker 3: That's a mere selfie of him in this onesie and I was like, okay, right, so she's.
Speaker 2: Gone off, had a shower, and I literally worded Nikki and Murph up. So there's actually a video of it. I'll share this video if Jen lets me. Yeah. So she's come out of the shower and I'm dressed, laying in bed in a full Sully ones laying there and she got yeah, she loved it. It was as so I cuddled her in.
Speaker 1: My Sully sober question.
Speaker 3: So this is like, you know, it's getting to about eight o'clock at night, and then you know you've had dinner, you're full, and then you're like, Okay, the cuddle monster's coming out.
Speaker 1: This is about cuddles or is this about sex?
Speaker 2: It's strictly cuddles. It's literally just cuddles.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't turn into a sexual thing. No, this isn't like some role playing.
Speaker 2: It actually hasn't yet.
Speaker 3: But because you haven't outfit, I was like, this could be a role playing type of vibe.
Speaker 2: I'm into role playing, and there's I'll have another role playing story for you, but I think let's just keep the cuddle monster cuddle turning into some dirty cuddle on so that one's dirty cuddles, like what's not what's the word like that? Unless Gen's into that then you know, but then I'll definitely be down whatever you know. I mean, you name a kink. I've got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I thought it was interesting that you had this alter ego, and it's actually a very sweet, wholesome alter ego. I feel like a lot of girls would be into that if their boyfriends wanted to be the Condor Monster.
Speaker 1: We love a bit of dress up.
Speaker 2: So on that, should we touch on sleeping positions? I think we should?
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, So did you know that we spend fifteen percent of our time sleeping, So obviously it's important to have nice pillows like I just got nice bedding. All of these things really make a difference.
Speaker 1: But we want to talk.
Speaker 3: About what it means when you cuddle your partner in a specific way, because there's all of these hidden meanings. We recently found this out and we were super interested in this because we both have very different sleeping positions.
Speaker 1: So we are going to touch on that now.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, though, Matt, I don't know if you know this, but obviously we have a left side and the right side of the brain, and I think when you sleep on the right side, it means that you're less likely to have nightmares because you're sleeping on your more creative side.
Speaker 2: What side do you sleep on.
Speaker 3: Then I definitely sleep on my right side. And when I found out this statistic, I was like, that makes sense because I don't really have many nightmares as such.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I switch sides, so all the night I switch sides. Yeah, I wouldn't say that I've had a nightmare in a long time, So I must spend majority of my time. I fall asleep on my right side, so I reckon, I spend the majority of the night on my right side.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so then when you sleep on the left side, it means that you're probably gonna have more intricate, complex dreams like where I guess in those dreams you're doing.
Speaker 1: A lot more problem solving.
Speaker 3: And I really like after finding this out, I actually woke up this morning on my left side and I was having like the deepest, most complex dream and I was like, whoa, it's actually, like it's true, makes sense. I do I remember like the key points. But sometimes, actually after I have like crazy dreams. Because I believe that dreams like is your subconscious talking to you. I sometimes write down my dreams so that I remember them and then I try to like pull meaning from them.
Speaker 1: That probably sounds a bit like we were in far Fetch.
Speaker 3: But I actually, like genuinely believe it. I mean, it is your subconscious talking to you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've had excess in the past. Say well, my act was like I had a dream that you did this in this and like would be angry at me for the rest of the day. And I'm like, that was a dream. It's not real, Like it's it's not real, like I think. I don't know. I don't take much from them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like if you're dreaming about your partner that they're angry at you, that's one thing. But I think if you're having these like over the top, crazy, like very vivid dreams, like I think that that could be your subconscious trying to tell you something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look like I said, like I always say on here, I'm open to whatever. I never shut anything down, Like I see the truth in that as well.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I definitely put meaning from dreams. I don't know. What do you guys think? Let us know on the Where's your Head Out? Facebook page?
Speaker 3: Okay, look, well let's talk about what your sleeping position says about you.
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 3: There are a few what how do you guys sleep?
Speaker 2: Firstly, okay, So jen and I will get into bed and we will spoon. So I'll be the big spoon, she'll be the little spoon. Another thing that we have is that's called heaven.
Speaker 1: So heaven, Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: So we call when we're cuddling and we're about to fall asleep, we go, oh, we're in heaven. So like we'll message each other during the day like can't wait to go to Heaven tonight. We call it, like even to the point where our song is that you know, I'm in your arms, it feels like heaven, you know, baby, So that's Jenini's song because Heaven love that. So yeah, we call that heaven. So we'll spoon and we'll be like, oh, we're in heaven. And then I think, like any normally, I've found that there's a lot of couples would do this. Then when it becomes time to fall asleep, you sort of dismantle because I get too hot. I run so fucking hot. Yeah, so I'll like start off by moving my body out, just having my torso, and then my body I'll just depatch and I'll be except for it and fall asleep. So you'll just slowly move away from the real as I foremos say what about you and Michael?
Speaker 3: Well, I was thinking about this and I reckon we like we always like spoon at one point, like before we go to sleep, and then like we sleep like bum to bum touching a lot.
Speaker 1: It's like very like comforting.
Speaker 3: But we I asked Michael because I was like, I want to know how he thinks that we sleep.
Speaker 1: So this is what he said.
Speaker 3: He goes, I cuddle you, then you cuddle me, then I cuddle you, then we.
Speaker 1: Turn back to back to fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Then we fifty percent of the time wake up cuddling fifty percent of the time, wake up back to back, then we resume morning, cuddle, diish and have sex and then make coffee.
Speaker 2: Just went through a night with Anna and Michael. That's us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry in detail by Michael morning sex so as well.
Speaker 2: That's good. Actually, that reminds me of a fun thing as well. Do you guys face each other when you're.
Speaker 3: Asleep sometimes, but like not in the morning because I hate morning breath.
Speaker 2: Okay, So one thing I love about Jen is we will literally rotate so like face to face, so we won't so if one turns and we're face to face the other one. We'll go okay, like in the middle of the night, and we'll turn the same way, so we're like spooning. Do you know what I mean? So we're not face to face.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So you go from like spooning one side to spoinning the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So if one rolls over, the other one will roll with them, because there's nothing worse. I remember them when you leave with someone, like a first night with someone sleeping, and you'd be face to face and I reckon it was like a stale mate and just breathing. You're going to see who.
Speaker 1: Like breathing in each other's breath.
Speaker 2: Who rolls over first. I hate that, So I.
Speaker 3: Don't mind that if the breath's okay, it's all about the breath.
Speaker 2: For me, I don't like it. It gives me your key vibes if you're falling asleep face to face.
Speaker 3: Actually yeah, if it's warm breath on your face. If it's too close, it's not.
Speaker 2: A vibe you have like a stale mate.
Speaker 1: It's not a vibe.
Speaker 3: Anyway. Let's go through the sleeping positions. So the first one we have is the spoon or the loose spoon. So we all know the spooning position. I reckon, it's probably the most common, right yep, definitely, yeah. So basically it indicates protectiveness and comfort. It's also pretty sexual and is favored by couples who are comfortable with intimacy.
Speaker 2: So what Michael said, I used sometimes a big spoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I reckon, we do this switch as well. So we always start with me being the little spoon, but then he gets hot.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like nope, I'm coming back.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, okay, I'm done with this side, and then I move back and he'll follow me. So it's kind of like this like little game of tag we play.
Speaker 2: Throws her little arm over and spoon. It's like that ain't doing anything, Like it doesn't even reach like fully over my body. Spoony. Spoony's great, it's heaven. Like I said before, it's heaven.
Speaker 3: So that's a chasing spoon. So then we have the unraveling knots. So basically the knot starts with, you know, lots of cuddles and then slowly they separate and gain some independence. So it's kind of like a compromise between intimacy and independence. So you kind of get the best of both worlds. So about eight percent of couples favor this position. What do you think about the unraveling knots.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of like being all tangled up. I hate it, like limbs everywhere that's getting the egg. Yeah, yeah, it just doesn't do you do like have you ever done that? I mean sometimes watching TV? Because the way our beds set up the TV, it's sort of if Gen's on her back, I'll be facing it and then we'll be sort of nossed up. But there's no way you could help out. My arms move fish like the tickle months here. It's like it like one of those things out in the front of a car yard. My arms are wobbling everywhere. Yeah, so then I couldn't fall asleep knotted. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, like so they start k nodded and then they slowly separate.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that one. No, I'm not sure if we do that.
Speaker 2: No, I wonder if anyone's a fan of that.
Speaker 3: Let us know eight percent of couples, I reckon. Then we have the back kissers. So the back kissers fall asleep back to back with contact along the spine. So I reckon this one is me and Michael. So we fall asleep touching bum to bum and we literally love that position.
Speaker 2: So bum kisses the bum kisses. I okay, So when I read this, I said to you, I think that back to back is to me, I relate to arguing. So I think that it's like, you know, you're popp into bed and you're like two bookends. You're back to back. Yeah, but I guess if you like cuddle first then turn back to back, I don't think that's I think that's okay.
Speaker 3: No, So what the back kisser sleeping position actually means is it means that you're connected but independent enough to appreciate your own space because you're obviously still touching bum to bum or back to back, but you do still want to remain sexually connected despite your confidence to face in the opposite direction. So what they do say, though, which I found really interesting, is that normally people like this position when they're in a new relationship or in a new couple because they don't have any reason to distrust each other yet.
Speaker 1: And the yet part was what got me because I was.
Speaker 3: Like, ooh, that's that's how we're sleeping. Now, I wonder how we'll sleeping get are from.
Speaker 2: Now I am. Yeah, I was singing at that as well, Like I do think that like when you sleep back to back, it refers to arguing. But that's why I hate it. That's why I never fall asleep out angry. I hate fallings. That's why number one rule, never leave the house or never fall asleep angry.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 2: So to me, we never sleep start sleeping off back to back.
Speaker 3: Never got to like to bed with an argument with anyone in general, because it does play on your mind, even if you're like I don't care about it whatever, subconsciously it kind of eats away. I hate having issues with anyone, even when we have fights, like I reckon, it like affects me like mentally as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course it's training, it is.
Speaker 1: It's training.
Speaker 3: It's like you just want to be like all good with everyone in a happy play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: But yeah, like sleeping back to back, yes, it can be a sign of being in an argument, but if it's in a like if you're not in a fight, then it can just be a sign of comfortability.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Okay, So next we have the Liberty Lovers So another position more common with established couples. So this is sleeping back to back like you were talking about that, but with space. So this was the one that you would necessarily it feel like you would be potentially in an argument with someone. But interestingly, twenty seven percent of couples fall asleep this way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I can see how I like you cuddle and then you do that, like that's to me. I could fall asleep like that. Get your own space. Maybe it's a hot night. Yeah, air CON's not doing what it wants.
Speaker 3: It basically in case that you're connected and secure. So I don't know how secure we are.
Speaker 2: Relations there has to be a foot touching at least.
Speaker 1: And that's like we're in an argument.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get my foot touching somewhere at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I need to always be touching Michael to fall asleep.
Speaker 2: Even just like a finger on him, just like a little male.
Speaker 1: Than anything.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so I mean, I guess essentially people who sleep that way, it's basically saying that you can be close without touching. You can share a bed, but be independent, and it's okay to do things alone in your relationship, and you know, people can still reconnect in the morning when they wake up.
Speaker 2: We put a pole on our Instagram, and I swear practically everyone said that they sleep like that. Yeah, there was. There was not many that were not saying they slept like that back to back.
Speaker 3: You know, touching people like their personal space and that there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Like I, me and Michael a lot of the time wake up like that at the very end of the night and then we're like, oh, okay, back to cuddle.
Speaker 2: I remember one of the first times I slept with Jen I literally I remember was in her old old house. I literally had my arm so tightly wrapped around her. I did not let go all night.
Speaker 1: And this is the first night you slept with.
Speaker 2: One of the first ones, yeah, because she was in nurse and killed apartment. Literally cuddled her all night and in the morning she was like, God, you've after six years of like talking to me, you definitely didn't want to let.
Speaker 1: Me go because you've been trying to get out.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, I did not want to let go of you last night.
Speaker 1: That's so cute, you know.
Speaker 3: It was some of the most beautiful nights of sleep I've had with. Like Michael is when we'll just cuddle all night long, and it's just like sometimes it's for a reason and sometimes just because we're feeling extra loved art, but it is a really nice feeling to when someone wants to cuddle with you all night. And like, I remember the night that Michael told me he loved me, or the day he told me he loved me, and that night we just like cuddled so tightly all night.
Speaker 1: It was just so cute. It's very romantic.
Speaker 2: It is very romantic. That is cute.
Speaker 3: Okay, So next we have the nuzzle. So this is the ultimate trust and protection position. So this is common in new relationships but also rekindled relationships. So if you're getting back with your eggs, apparently the nuzzle is the common one that you go for. So this is when one partner sleeps with his or her head on the other's chest, creating a very nurturing environment, and then the other partner sleeps on their back.
Speaker 2: Have you done this with Michael?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: But sometimes he like will snuggle into my chest and I'll be on my back when we're watching TV.
Speaker 1: It's like I do like a bit of the nuzzle.
Speaker 2: I do that I couldn't fall asleep with the nuzzle. I know, I think and correct me. This is just an opinion. I think that if you can fall asleep on your back, you're a psychopath. What I just I say it to gen all the time. I reckon, if you can just literally lay in bed on your back and fall asleep, you've got demons just.
Speaker 3: Because you have like a psycho X who used to fall asleep on their backs. I'm hearing a bit of trauma coming through from you because.
Speaker 2: Basket and fall asleep, and I'd be like, woah, you're you know, well.
Speaker 1: Fall asleep on my back.
Speaker 2: It doesn't mean I can't. I can't, I can't. I just associate that with just yeah, stress, trauma, trauma, and just I always say to Jane, if you're falling asleep on your back, you're a psychopath. That's my opinion. Sorry, if he.
Speaker 3: Really wants to go to sleep on her back and now she's like, fuck, I can't.
Speaker 1: This guy's going to think I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: I reckon. She said that to me before. Actually so funny.
Speaker 1: Next we have the tangle.
Speaker 3: The tangle is the sleeping position that they classify as like the young love sleeping position, like the fresh relationship, you can't bear to be separated. I mean, if I think of you, Matt, this is the position that I would imagine you being because I know how neaty you are.
Speaker 2: Like I said before, it does make sense for me, but I hate being tangled up with all limbs everywhere.
Speaker 1: Really, Well, look how long were limbs are.
Speaker 2: They're just like everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, So this is an incredibly intimate position that means you can't get enough of each other up. But for anyone who is sleeping in the tangle position, beware it can mean that if you're doing it six months into a relationship, that you are too dependent on each other and that's not where you want to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, dropping big facts there that people should just, you know, ye look out for.
Speaker 3: But like, yeah, you said that you're not a fan of it, and a lot of people agree with you. There's only two percent of couples who do prefer that position.
Speaker 2: Not surprised on that at all.
Speaker 1: Okay. The next one is the leg hug.
Speaker 2: So you just cuddle their leg No.
Speaker 1: No, no, So you're not cuddling a legs. Otherwise you'd be like.
Speaker 2: Way down that imagin on your legs.
Speaker 3: It's basically when you put a leg over, or you can both put we can both your legs over. There is a couple of things that this can mean. So if it's one person doing the hugging, so putting a legover, it could signal that they're craving.
Speaker 1: More of a connection.
Speaker 3: If you're both intertwined, then it means that you're equally passionate and the emotion and sexual connection is strong. And then the third interpretation of this actually means that there could be some mixed feelings and some worry about expressing affection and emotion and a bit of a fight and trying to maintain connection despite maybe some heated emotions.
Speaker 1: So there's lots of different things that can mean.
Speaker 2: Have you done the leg hug?
Speaker 1: I think occasionally like here and there, but.
Speaker 2: Like I do it if I need, Like if I want affection, you're watching TV or something, I'll throw the legover. You know, leave heaven for a bit and throw the leg over. You're like more more more, Yeah, like drag her in. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's so funny though, because when you're single and like you sleep with someone for the first time, like it is.
Speaker 1: Interesting how you sleep.
Speaker 3: I know that I've had a lot of friends, or like if you have sex with someone and then you like both like turn ways, that's a bad sign.
Speaker 1: I reckon, do you.
Speaker 2: Think here's here's one for you that I've flag been in bed with people? And like when you cuddle and you spoon in that it just you don't fit. Yeah, You're just not there and it's just like, well, this sucking sucks. So just like this doesn't comfortable. And I genuinely say this a lot, like when we go to heaven that it actually is perfect. It's like two puzzle fit. Yeah, two puzzle pieces just fitting into each other.
Speaker 3: Well, sometimes I reckon when I say that I'm only into tall guys, it can come across as pretty shallow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there is a reason.
Speaker 3: And like one of the main reasons is that when we spoon or cuddle, if I'm not with a tall guy, it just doesn't fit. Like we don't fit in together. It's just a fact of life.
Speaker 1: Like I'm a tall girl.
Speaker 3: If I'm with a guy, my heart like I just feel too big, Like I want to feel little.
Speaker 1: I want to feel like.
Speaker 2: It would have made sense a short king would have like his head like resting on the back of your neck and then like to make it fit in or if he was to get up higher.
Speaker 1: Do you want the parts to connect?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want it to make sense.
Speaker 1: Like the booty needs to go into the.
Speaker 2: Into its little cavity, little clothes, a little cave that it has to sliff into.
Speaker 1: Yeah. If that's like not aligned, it's it's not a vibe for me.
Speaker 2: I agree. That's a big point on picking a partner that has to align, I feel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, So the next one is the stomach snoozeres Have you ever slept on your tommy before?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I reckon that's how majority of my nights I sleep faced really almost stomach really Yeah, do you know?
Speaker 3: I used to, but then only like I heard it's like not great for your boobs and like it kind of hurts, so so so I don't anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I probably would crush the balls and that I should probably maybe rethink it.
Speaker 3: If you're a couple sleeping both of you on your stomach, it's indicating signs of anxiety, emotional fear, vulnerability or lack of control, and also a lack of sexual trust in a relationship.
Speaker 1: So that's some like big maybe potentials.
Speaker 2: But I would sleep by myself if I was single on my stomach.
Speaker 1: I mean, that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: When you're single, you're very anxious, high emotional fear from you.
Speaker 2: So that might be true. Then okay, all right, well at least we're at least we're guaranteeing these facts are real, and then.
Speaker 1: That's actually amazing. Okay.
Speaker 3: The final one we have for you guys is the space hug, and this one is a red flag. So this is the one sleeping position where alarm bells should potentially go off. So if your partner spreads out with little regard for you and the bed, this could be a really negative sign for the relationship. It's kind of like behaving in a selfish manner, little regard for your needs, and they're kind of trying to, like, I guess, be the dominant partner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Jen turns around and says I'm a space hog, it's because we're established actually on a walk the other day that we should never have got a queen bed. We need to get a king I need a king bed.
Speaker 1: So I've got a queen too. I'm like, this is not it?
Speaker 2: Not it? I used to have a king bed and it was just so much better, Like there's so much more room for me because I'm obviously.
Speaker 1: Does Jen say you're a space hug.
Speaker 2: She say, I'm a space hodg. She says, I take off a lot of room, which I mean.
Speaker 1: I guess you kind of. Yeah, well, I mean it does. Apparently this is what it means.
Speaker 3: If the one partner dominates the bed, it's likely they dominate the relationship, relegating their partner into a secondary, submissive role.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say I do it on purpose. I'd say it because I'm six foot six and like one hundred and five kilo. But I take up a lot of the bed. You know.
Speaker 1: That's like, don't blame me.
Speaker 2: I'm a big gun guy, and I have a tendency of moving down the bed for some reason and then so then like to keep my feet and chins and knees on the bed, I have to flick them to the side.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Don't you hate when your feet come off the bed?
Speaker 2: I has a very bad Yeah, it's very common for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not idea, idea.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, look, I guess it's that time of the show we've been.
Speaker 2: Waiting for Matt, where we ask you to ask us where our heads are at let's do it, okay. So the first question comes from our listener Kearley. She asks, I'm always cold and my partner runs quite hot. I can relate to this straight off the bat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was about to say, this is sounding familiar.
Speaker 2: He can sleep in underwear with just a sheet and aircon or fan going the whole night. On the other end of the spectrum, I am in full winter peede. This is sounding too familiar.
Speaker 1: I feel like you've written this in about yourself?
Speaker 2: Is this gen Because of this, we always argue about how to set up the bed. He insists that the body heat will keep me warm, but after the initial snuggle we part ways. I'm absolutely freezing, tips Kally. This is literally the first world and this is literally one of the problems that Jen and I have. Yeah, to be honest, we've had We've gone to arguments about this in the middle of the night because I absolutely wake up in the sweats, to the point where Jen has been like, you know what I mean, like you're wet, like get off me sort of thing, because I sweat and just on just a sheet and naked. I don't know what it is about me. I run hot my tip is in the changing of weather. I bought her thermals. I bought her like a big winter like sort of pajamas, and I bought her a heater, and I bought her an extra quilt.
Speaker 1: That's kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. Yeah, it was a cute gesture of me. Shit it was. I left it on the bed because we argued and we left for that day and I went out of my way to buy it for it, so it was there for like an idle cute gesture. And she swears by the thermals.
Speaker 3: Yeah, love some thermals on a cold winter night. But fuck, there's nothing worse than arguing in the middle of the.
Speaker 2: Night like that, I know about something so insignificant because like I'm sweating and she wants to full and at the end of the day like if he can just like maybe you have the douna he has it. But then again, I love There's nothing better than being just a little bit cold and turning the fan on for a little bit more zest and zang to it, you know, And I love that feeling.
Speaker 3: Okay, the next one is for you, Matt. This is a question directly for you.
Speaker 2: Should I be nervous, maybe ge. Okay, So I want you to start having full sleepovers at my boyfriend's, but I'm terrified i'll far and talk in my sleep. Will he care or notice? Okay, I think.
Speaker 1: You'll care, surely.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Like, I don't think you'll care, Like if he loves you and he's like a mature age man, he'll just laugh it off. I've heard one of my partners fart when I was like sixteen. She was asleep and she fared and woke herself up while we're watching a movie. And I was like, did you far? And she was like no, And I was like, oh, pop off girl it after, But I didn't care, Like who cares fartings? I literally in front of gen like town, I go to town. I let it rep like I have no shame when it comes to that.
Speaker 3: See like I don't mind when Michael farts in front of me, but I care when you fight in front of me.
Speaker 1: I'm like, can you not?
Speaker 2: I do I fight in front of you when you.
Speaker 3: Fight in front of me, because it's like you're not my boyfriend.
Speaker 1: So just like.
Speaker 3: Lench it up.
Speaker 2: If I'm in front of someone, I feel comfortable, I far and sleep talking can be funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much unless.
Speaker 2: You're opening up saying that you love fucking Kurt from down the road.
Speaker 1: I mean it is funny thought.
Speaker 3: The start of relationships, we have to admit it, like we all hold in our farts, and then it's like interesting because I mean I have had times and I think we can all relate to this where like you'll go to sleep and because you've been holding in all like the whole time, then like you're full asleep if you're going to relaxation, and then all of a sudden, you're like, holy shit, I'm fighting in my sleep.
Speaker 2: I would used to hold on to like my whole bow movements when I first started dating Gen, right to the point that my roommate's girlfriend would be home and would know when I'm home because she'd hear me just slam through the front door and just bel and straight from the bus.
Speaker 3: Matt, you used to literally Matt would like before he would go see Jen, he would be like, hey, can I come over?
Speaker 1: I need to do a number two in your toilet.
Speaker 3: I was like, can you not do this somewhere else? And He's like, no, I'm about to say Jen's house for the night. I need to quickly do this at your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no public toilets from the much I would Yeah. Look, I wouldn't be ashamed if it happens. If you material, he'll laugh it often, and you know what, it could build another layer to your relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah true.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, look, I think that's all we've got time for today, Matt.
Speaker 1: That was a really fun episode. I enjoyed that. I think I learned quite a lot about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sleeping positions. I mean, if anyone's having some problems with their sleeping positions or wants to try a new one, let us know. We'd love to hear it on our private Facebook page.
Speaker 1: Make sure you join us there, make sure you give.
Speaker 3: Us a five star review within reading them recently, and we are loving getting your feedback.
Speaker 1: And until next time, guys.
Speaker 2: Bye,