Speaker 1: Welcome to the late Base. Good evening and welcome to the program.
Speaker 2: I'm Caleb Bond with Joe Hildebrand and Liz Storer. As of today in Victoria, you can be chucked in jail for up to five years for posting rude memes. We'll tell you a little bit more about that very soon in the papers. The Till candidate, who was banned from a hair salon for making sexualized comments to a young hairdresser has in the past campaigned against sexual harassment, would you believe it? And the Sydney train that took off today with the doors open, you'll want to see that footage. And later the Libs have come up with a novel way to stop Monique Ryan from stealing their core flutes.
Speaker 1: Now, how's this for a story.
Speaker 2: It was broken this afternoon on two GB by Clinton Maynard that electric buses that are currently driving around Sydney are being charged with diesel generators. Yes, you would have thought that. The whole idea of an electric bus is that it's clean and green and it's stopping emissions. And if you've seen the electric buses that drive around Sydney at the moment, you can see on the screen. There these diesel generators that are currently being used at the Merrickville bus depot. But if you've seen these electric buses that drive around Sydney, they say on the side of them, this is an emissions free bus, and so you'd think you'd be able to take that at face value. Apparently not, he was Clinton explaining it this afternoon.
Speaker 3: Those depots are supposed to rely on renewable energy. That is not the case at Marrickville. We have the photographic evidence to prove it. I'm also hearing this has been repeated other depots across Sydney. Electric buses may well be the answer to cleaner, even more reliable public transport in the future, but we can't be fooled when the buses themselves are plugged into diesel generated.
Speaker 2: Those photos you saw before came through from a guy who was working at the bus stepot and was rather amused to see the clean and green electric buses being with diesel generators. Will Transport for New South Wales came through to explain that it's okay, it's just a temporary.
Speaker 4: Measure because these buses are only there temporarily. It didn't make sense to spend a lot of taxpayers money to upgrade that depot to full electric because we'll end up moving those buses probably in the next nine to twelve months to an electrified depot.
Speaker 2: So in the meantime, instead of putting diesel in a bus and then burning it through the combustion engine in the bus, will put the diesel into a generator where the combustion engine will burn it and turn it into electricity that we can feed into the bus, so we can say that the bus has zero emissions it rather.
Speaker 1: Definats the point of an electric buster.
Speaker 5: Oh bo, I don't know, is that all that diesel is powered by renewable energy. So yeah, there's a I just don't get. I'd have to say either it's clean energy.
Speaker 1: Or it's no, not exactly.
Speaker 5: And if suddenly the cost to the tax and look at the government's good, it's sense of well, it's trying to get the balance right. But if it was the cost to the taxpayer that everyone was worried about, wouldn't you just be using the old exact diesel bustles.
Speaker 2: Surely they've got them lying around that they could just fire them up.
Speaker 5: I just yeah, no, I just don't get out and I think I don't know, I just I think it's always the problem with these things. As soon as you say something like it's not so much the running of the clean it's like you say, it's the fact that it says this breathe easy, this is a zero emissions bus. As soon as you start virtue signaling about it, as soon as you start bragging about it, that seems to be when everything falls over. And of course these were an overhand from the previous government as well, But it's just maybe if we just drove the busses, power them by green instead of saying how great we are, don't invite people to kind of you know, get in there and prove your eyes. I'm as clean and green and zero emissions as you can possibly get. Prove me wrong.
Speaker 2: And this is what I've always found amusing Liz about you know, people of course getting around with the with their electric cars, especially early adopters, saying that they're doing great things for the environment. But then they go home and plug them into the wall and fill up with coulfar.
Speaker 6: Is what I was thinking. This is what everyone with an EV.
Speaker 7: Does, unless you've got solar panels that you're like somehow storaging the energy throughout the day and then charging your vehicle at night.
Speaker 6: That's not green energy either. But ladies and gentlemen, this is the electric vehicle revolution.
Speaker 7: And they keep getting caught out time and time again using fossil fuels to charge these things.
Speaker 5: That's why we have to get rid of all our coal fire generation replace it with renewables. Thank you very much, great to have you on backup, would we we have.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness for crying out loud?
Speaker 7: Well, Victorians, while you were sound asleep this morning, your government slapped a gag on your god given.
Speaker 6: Right to free speech. Yes, matters have.
Speaker 7: Gotten even worse for the state of free speech in our country thanks to the Victorians who did a last minute deal with their natural born bedfellows, the Greens, and got this god forsaken bill up in their parliament at four am while you were sleeping. Now, the existing protections against hate speech in Victoria were previously limited to matters of religion and race no more.
Speaker 6: They've now expanded them to include.
Speaker 7: Disability, gender ideology, sex and sexual orientation, and in a massive expansion from previous vilification offenses which were rarely prosecuted and carried a maximum penalty of six months. You're now looking at five years in the clink if you so much as post an offensive comment or photo online.
Speaker 6: We are going the way of the UK.
Speaker 7: And yet to listen to premiere of Victoria today announcing these drastic changes, which mean, well, what's left to say for you? If you're straight and if you're white? Good luck Victorians. Here she is announcing this is some incredible feat that she's actually tearing up about.
Speaker 8: Yay, Well, there the people I'll be thinking of today as we make this historic moment, as we pass this bill and have this historic moment not just for the statute books, for the Parliament, but for the whole of our Victorian community.
Speaker 7: For the whole of your Victorian community, really, because this sounds like it's all about minority groups and the vast majority of people just can't say what they want to say nowadays.
Speaker 6: Am I wrong? Am I alone?
Speaker 7: In thinking that, of course necessarily it was important to limit religious exemptions in this new revamped vilification laws in Victoria.
Speaker 6: And that's exactly what they did.
Speaker 7: They made sure that the bill was narrowed to prevent the vilification. So religious exemptions narrowed to prevent the vilification of I quote, LGBTIQIA plus and other marginalized groups. I don't know how many times it's got to be proven, and it has time and time again that the minute you start doing this and make protected species of minority groups, the majority gets resentful because you are crushing some people's rights for the perceived rights of others. As far as last I checked, we all had the same rights here in Australia. And as I've said at nauseum and will continue to say, hate speech is free speech. Free speech is hate speech. You either have both or you have neither, and I know which one I want. We're quote literally going the way of UK.
Speaker 6: It was just last month.
Speaker 7: Premier Mins said that we can't have free speech in New South Wales because we want to have a multicultural society. He literally, okay, direct quote for you, Joe, we don't I quote. We don't have the same freedom of speech laws that they have in the United States. And the reason for that is we want to hold together a multicultural community and have people live in peace. And mister Minns, you think you're going to accomplish that by silencing everybody else who doesn't belong to minority groups.
Speaker 6: It doesn't work.
Speaker 5: He says, we do not have the US Constitution and US Joe voted.
Speaker 7: To sacrifice our rights to free speech on the altar of multicultural.
Speaker 5: We do not have a right to free speech in Austria. That is the only observation he was making. There is no enshrined bill of rights in Australia. Some jurisdictions have recently done up their own, including Victoria, which that simply they simply, they simply don't exist. But but what he is saying is that historically we have not had a constitutional bill of rights like they do in the US, because we have a constitution that can be changed by parliament. We have a we have a system of government where parliament can change what rights citizens do and don't have.
Speaker 6: What you can and can't say on any given day.
Speaker 5: It's called the parliament. It makes laws.
Speaker 1: The issue is that we don't don't have.
Speaker 5: Chris means and it is just generous. He was talking about whether or not New South Wales should have a bill of rights that enshrines these things. That interesting thing about the.
Speaker 7: View, and he said we can't because of no, he said, we don't.
Speaker 6: Joe worked for work.
Speaker 5: Read out again said we don't have it, not be he said.
Speaker 7: Because because of our multicultural society.
Speaker 6: That's why we don't have it. That's why we can't have it.
Speaker 5: According to mister men, because Australia was designed to have a flexible constitution, should that adjusts to the needs of the society as the point now and.
Speaker 2: It's even a cases like Victoria where we don't have a right to free speech.
Speaker 1: I accept that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that there should be any bill of rights anywhere that says these rights belong to these people, these rights.
Speaker 1: Belong to these people.
Speaker 2: But what we are now seeing is that rights are being legislated, but they're just being legislated against the majority.
Speaker 1: So if you are lgbt IQ.
Speaker 2: Or you're disabled, or you belong to a minority race or whatever, you have the right not to be vilified.
Speaker 1: That has been legislated.
Speaker 2: So why why should it be up to the law to decide who should.
Speaker 1: And should not be allowed to be offensed? Total I totally, I totally.
Speaker 2: Agree that it should be illegal to go out and incite violence. I think we all are on board with that, But to vilify or offend someone is a very different.
Speaker 5: Price, and that is why in New South Wales and federally there was an incitement to violence. Similar things that were taken up as incitement to violence and the penalties for that were increased, but it didn't extend to all the other stuff. And this is where it gets really interesting. So all of this was done on the back of the outbreaks and anti semitism and anti Semitic graffiti and f the Jews and you know, you know, where are the Jews and all that stuff, and so it was all about the incitement advance and Victoria's sort of taken it up as Victoria's does, and then sort of throwing in all these other groups in there and protected them with the same things that were meant to be there initially to protect Jews. But the DPP they put in this exemption. Right, this is how the People's Republic of Victoria works. The DPP beliefs and the courts will also be forced to take into account, quote, the social, cultural, and historical circumstances that may lead to a person expressing contempt, revulsion, or severe ridicule against a minority group. So who do you think that's applying to y?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry because of my cultural background. I'm allowed to disabled people. Because of my cultural background, I have to vilify gay people. Not sure that that's gonna worse because of my cultural background, I have to villify women, black people. No, it's going to be, of course, so that people who are from the middle age can continue.
Speaker 1: To go exactly, and that that is the problem, because.
Speaker 5: To be done for them.
Speaker 2: Someone has more right to be offensive in the state of Victoria than anyone else.
Speaker 1: It is a joke.
Speaker 2: And like you know, I made this argument when we talked about a freedom of religious discrimination bill as well.
Speaker 1: It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: When you start legislating one person's rights, you are necessarily legislating against someone else's rights because one person's rights always impinge upon someone else's if you don't go down the road of legislating them at all. We all have rights and we can all move on with our lives.
Speaker 6: And how low is the bar?
Speaker 7: Literally, according to this revamped verlification laws, the legal test applied to civil laws which kicking in June twenty twenty six. The criminal laws that they've revamped kicking this September, So get your skates on, Victorians. The legal test applied literally just asks whether a reasonable person with the protected attribute, with the protected attribute.
Speaker 6: Would find the conduct hateful.
Speaker 7: Not whether it's objectively hateful, whether we'd all be like, oh, yeah, well that's that's incitement to violence, that someone should do something about that. No, just if the person with the protected attribute. And how many times have we've seen certain people from certain backgrounds are very, very litigious, they can.
Speaker 5: Find reasonable, exactly reasonable.
Speaker 1: He is reasonable.
Speaker 7: Whether you incite hatred or make physical threats. Now, physical threats, that's a pretty clear cut. But inciting hatred, how is anyone supposed to know what will incite hatred in some whack jobs that could read their Facebook?
Speaker 2: And I know we talked last week about twenty three and Me, which is going bankrupt and they're selling off all the DNA, but I said I'd never do it. But I think maybe it's time I spat in the tube and discover that I do belong to some ethnic minority somewhere on the other side of the world, and then I have to.
Speaker 4: Go at this.
Speaker 2: I finally have my free speech right. What we're talking about different applications of the lore depending on whether you're gay or you're straight, or you black or you're brown or your white, et cetera. They tried to do this in the UK very recently. The Sentencing Council, which is basically the advisory body that tells judges how they should hand down their sentences in the UK, was about to bring in a whole bunch of rules this week that said if you are from an ethnic, cultural or faith minority, or you're under twenty five, or you're.
Speaker 1: A woman, you need a pre sentencing.
Speaker 2: Report before a judge hands down a sentence. Here's a report from gb News explaining exactly what this would do.
Speaker 9: Judges we pre sensing reports weren't necessary and if someone is of ethnic, cultural or faith minority, or a young person under twenty five, or a woman or a pregnant woman, there will get a special sensing report. Normally, those pre sensing reports do mean that the sentences is mitigated, that time is taken off for a jail term for example.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that they differentiate between women and pregnant women, because of course they're just completely different classes of people. But the idea here is that a pre sentencing report is done by an independent bureaucrat essentially and handed to the court, which goes into the life history of this person and basically speaks to why there are mitigating circumstances against whatever sentence might be handed out. And so what the Sentencing Council was saying is that if you come from a minority religion, or you're a woman, or you're young, or you come from an ethnic minority, that that is somehow mitigating circumstance against the crime you committed, and so you should be given a softer sentence. And of course who's not included in that White people and men, So presumably you get a harsher sentence because you don't happen to belong to a minority.
Speaker 1: So the key is Starma.
Speaker 2: Government, as you can imagine, took one look at this and said, hang on a minute, this doesn't quite make sense.
Speaker 1: This was Keir Starma last week.
Speaker 10: I'm disappointed in less response. And the Lord Chance is obviously continuing to engage on this, and we're considering our response, and you know, all options are on the table, but I am disappointed at this outcome.
Speaker 2: Now, all options on the table was emergency legislation that the government was threatening to put through that would.
Speaker 1: Stop this in its track.
Speaker 2: So the Sentencing Council has now overnight said we're going to step back from this. We're going to delay it, they say, in terms of bringing in these new rules. And you know, it's one thing to say they're going to delay it, but.
Speaker 1: Liz, the fact that it was even a thing in.
Speaker 2: The first place, the idea that they would and we've done it here in Australia with the Aboriginal people in some jurisdictions. But we say that because you belong to some sort of minority group, that you deserve to have a lighter sentence than someone who doesn't.
Speaker 1: Why And in.
Speaker 7: This case we're talking about convicted felons. These is the Sentencing Council of England and Wales. They are a NONDA departmental public body, otherwise known as a faithless bureaucracy. And they literally just announced that this is what they were doing, that everyone would get lighter sentencing than white males, that everybody else would get these little reports to the judge with relative sob stories being like, well, they're just so you can really understand why this person has committed the crime and why they shouldn't have to do the time that they would otherwise.
Speaker 6: Do except for white men.
Speaker 7: Specifically, this was literally targeting them.
Speaker 6: Everybody else you get not a free.
Speaker 7: Pass, but a lie to sentence if you're a white male, harsher sentencing for you. There was no other way to read this announcement, and so confident.
Speaker 6: Were they that this wouldn't be a problem, they just announced that it was happening. And I can't believe we're actually giving kids.
Speaker 7: Starba some credit for one, because I would have thought that he would have just filibusted his way through it and been like, yes, well these minority.
Speaker 5: Groups and they its very sensible. Moderately is not. This is fantastic, And frankly, as a black lesbian, I find no problem with these laws whatsoever. But I think you came close to to you, didn't you quite? There was an outrageous element in these laws because it talked about, as you say, transgender individuals, you know, gay people, cultural religious minorities, young offenders, women, and pregnant women. What about pregnant men.
Speaker 1: It's a good point.
Speaker 5: Have we learned nothing the past three years? So we learned nothing the past few years. The men can get pregnant two and they would be vulnerable under these new guidelines to the same penalties of the criminal justice system as every other run of the mill, straight white male. That is the real disgrace here, and I can't believe that no one has picked up on it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's obviously transferred to it's transphobic what they were trying. It's very transfer But how is this even the case? I mean, I thought we were all meant to be equal under the law.
Speaker 5: But how do these Surely we haven't. But if you are, if you're a defendant in these cases, or you're convicted, surely your lawyer makes that submission. Surely there are there are submissions for sentencing before any judge sentences anything, surely or are they just saying that the state should intercede on behalf of that?
Speaker 2: And that's that's the defendants of these precisings pre sentencing, so that thorts. It's just done by someone who's independent, and so they should be given more interest.
Speaker 5: So presumed like if a pregnant woman, like in all serious it does, if a pregnant woman is on the stand, obviously you would say, ah, your on a I'm pregnant, please don't send me to supermax. And then the judge presumably would say, okay, that's pretty. That's good to know. Thanks, that's good inform, that's good intt. This person was very poor. They stole packet of biscuits because they couldn't afford to eat. Because they're Irish. They're by people. By the way, can I just say talking about next the bloody freend I hate the French. It should be if there was, If there were, if this apply everybody except the French, I would endorse it wholeheartedly. I know need be made to suffer for what they've done. I know, but I would just like to point out, and I've been waiting to do this for a very very long time. You know, the first, you know, the first people who the evil British Empire colonized, it was the Irish. It was the Irish, my people. So I am actually the first.
Speaker 1: And you know you're one of the minorities, and you know.
Speaker 5: The center for slave trading in the Anglo Saxon period it was Dublin. It was Ireland again, my people. I am. I am a descendant unfinished colonized slaves, and I demand reparations. I'm never going to go to jail.
Speaker 6: We're a live man, Joe.
Speaker 7: So unfortunately, if things did get up, you'd be one of the time.
Speaker 2: I'm a was alcoholic man, exactly, You'll say it's an ethnic minority.
Speaker 5: That's right, I drink to forget.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Well we haven't stopped talking about the Chinese deep sea research vessels just taking a cruise around Australia, probably just mapping out the ground down.
Speaker 6: There really really important info to.
Speaker 7: Know if things times turned tumultuous.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't you just love to.
Speaker 7: Know what our subs if we had any word doing where they would be. Well, if you're China, you won't have to wonder where to put yours because these guys are probably mapping as we speak. But China has come out and addressed this in their communist mouthpiece, The Global Times, which I love to read because you get their take on all of the incursions on Australia. It doesn't matter whether it's the economic terrorism tariffs. They have their side of the story and it is fascinating to read.
Speaker 6: And no less so in.
Speaker 7: This instance The Global Times read some Australian politicians just don't get it.
Speaker 6: They're referring to Dutton.
Speaker 7: They try to block the improvement of China Australian relations constantly spewing harmful rhetoric and hijacking the relationship only for their personal benefits. They have not spared the horses in praising Albanesi's handling of this city situation, while claiming that that Peter Dutton guy is quote beating the drums of You can just see Dutton with one of those drums strapped to his stomach, like going for it, helter skelter.
Speaker 5: Well he is, but he's beating them for Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: Indeed, indeed apparently so we're told.
Speaker 7: But my goodness, doesn't this just isn't this an own goal by the Chinese because nobody here in Australia is going to find this raving endorsement by the CCP of Albanesi a real vote winner about.
Speaker 2: Didn't effect him, didn't affect him last time, and of course it's not about the rest of Australia. They're sending a signal to the Chinese diaspora in Australia that you should vote for Albanesi because you know, naughty mister Dutton is not going to do nice things to you, which is exactly what they did to Scott Morris. And you saw particularly in Victoria and what was yes correct, which was your box heels and major.
Speaker 5: Three of the most marginal hold on the.
Speaker 2: Turned Labor because you know, the messaging was sent out and they send it out via we chat and whatever, and tell Chinese people you've got to vote labor because the liberals are against it.
Speaker 5: Everyone's been saying that, you know, anything is terribly soft and China terribly soft on China. I haven't seen Peter Dunton be particularly strident about China.
Speaker 2: But hang on on, your mate, Elbow is the Communist Party's choice.
Speaker 1: How do you defend that?
Speaker 5: No, I'm just saying that both leaders are being noticeably muted in their attacks on standing whatever.
Speaker 2: Beating the drums of wa, yeah, is muted.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if you should take the Chinese Communist parties propaganda quite literally, but that is the Chinese Roman.
Speaker 2: Why would they be so worried? You're saying that that really hasn't said much, But why would they be so.
Speaker 6: Before? This is what I do.
Speaker 5: As quiet as a church mouse. So well, you know what does that tell you?
Speaker 1: Well, he's beating the drums of war apparently. But look, and this is the thing.
Speaker 2: They would love Elbow to stay there as PM because they get along with them or actually, you know, the handsome boy just sort of rolls over and doesn't do it. Well.
Speaker 5: I don't think what happened.
Speaker 1: Apparently the Chinese.
Speaker 5: I think I was the second Coming.
Speaker 9: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe we were reading too much into it, and they just really enjoy when ALBINIZI pops over there and talks to G and co about you know, the cuteness of pandas and koalas and things. They just love getting together and having those far aside chat while we're talking about the opposition. Good bit of deflationary policy out of the coalition today, which is that if they win government, they would scrap Labour's car emissions targets.
Speaker 1: Now, the way all.
Speaker 2: Of this works is that a fine is slapped upon a car manufacturer if they sell too many cars that emit too much. In Australia, now it applies to the whole fleet. So it's not to say that you can't sell high emitting vehicles like a ute or an suv, et cetera. But the overall fleet can only have a certain number of emissions. So the idea is that a manufacturer will say, well, we've got to limit the number of utes we can sell, and we've got to sell more small cars in order to avoid the fine. By the way, they've essentially tried this out in the UK and at significant finds per vehicle, it's like twenty pounds or something per vehicle they are slapping on manufacturers over there if they go over their limits. So the car yards, the car yards in the UK have actually just sort of artificially shrunked the market and stopped selling vehicles all together because they can't actually sell the vehicles that people want to buy. And that is the problem with this idea because if you look at the top five cars in Australia, three of them are utes and the other two are SUVs. There are only two small cars in the top ten sales in Australia. So it's abundantly clear that the only thing that you would be able to do to get around this is to shrink the car market all together. And you know what that does. It makes cars more expensive. So the Libs have said we get rid of that, and fair enough.
Speaker 5: Joe, Yeah, look I think I mean, you've got to meet the market, don't you. You can't. A command economy just doesn't work. Otherwise we'd all be you know, lining up around our local system blargat for our daily potato. So I think you have to do that. I think we have to embrace hybrid. It is it is interesting that the market has shifted completely. I mean, I remember when the I think it was the Toyota Corolla was the number one most popular car in Australia, and I think the Mazda three was for a little bit as well, like tenny little zippy cars, and then everyone realized that, oh they just saw a Ford Ranger and they just said, oh I want that so highlights, Oh I want that, and you know you got it. So I think so I think you can get those kind of cars with hybrid engines and that is going to be the future. I know they talk about the electric all electric cars, like there's the f one point fifty is the new sort of forward pick up that's meant to be this amazing kind of thing, and it just it just doesn't stack up. It just doesn't work. And there's many issues with towering stuff. So I think Australia is always unlike Europe, Australia is always going to have range anxiety. We are always going to be an island continent, and so we are always going to need I think a car that people feel like, you know, they can can pare itself an electric most of the time. If push comes to shove, you've got the literal fuel in the tank to get you where you need to go, and you don't have to worry about finding a petrol electric charging station in the middle of the null board there, I.
Speaker 7: Think the libs could have been where guts ere here, Like why not just scrap the new vehicle emission standards all together?
Speaker 6: If you're not going to find people for falling.
Speaker 7: Short of said standards, just scrap them all together.
Speaker 6: You clearly do.
Speaker 7: Window have the little stickers on ten more like guidelines than actual rules.
Speaker 6: It's it loses the.
Speaker 5: Whole perposef rush out of Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 6: Yes, it was, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 7: I'm glad somebody got it that was from Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 6: Than sure, no.
Speaker 5: But it's like you have efficiency, but you don't get fined if it's a two star. But you can you can, if you can afford it, you can get it.
Speaker 2: But what is what is the point of the rules then all together? I mean it's like it's like mid zero. All everyone signed up to zero by twenty fifty, and they have certain targets they've got to meet by twenty thirty. And this is all being ratified at the UN. Most countries have signed up to it, and by the end of last year they all had to send in their submissions on how close were reaching the twenty thirty targets. And there were ten countries in the entire world that actually said in and said they get them, so just all.
Speaker 5: Of them were.
Speaker 2: Sweden does not make a mockery of the idea of the targets.
Speaker 1: No one's actually paying.
Speaker 5: Any saying a verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's printed a target that's not binding. What's the point of it? But again I suppose it's you know, it's a goal. It's aspirational. It can make you feel good if you get there. It's something you can show off about. It's like driving a Tesla. That is, until recently, it can you know. So people do do these things of their own court, and if they want to, that's great. Let them virtue signal, let them think they're saving the planet. Do you know I once drove a hydrogen powered car that was so smug that it actually inhaled dirty air from outside on the road and then purified it and then re emitted it back out the other side of It's amazing. It's like a high Undai thing. Wow, it's amazing, and it would tell you so by.
Speaker 6: Driving, you were quite literally saving the plan.
Speaker 5: Literally an electric dashboard like a computer like no no other car I've ever driven, I know most cars have electrictachabard. But it had a little computer in front of her, and as you were driving, it would tell you how many human lives, like how much how much they calculated how much oxygen the average human breathe in a day, And as you purified that much oxygen, another little sort of human figure would deadly serious, my goodness, rather livingly serious, because oh, look, you've kept seventeen humans alive.
Speaker 2: Like in a video game with the longer you play, the more health bars you get to.
Speaker 5: The longer last episode of The Simpsons where Marge falls in with the kind of you know, trendy celebrity set. And there's many celebrity sets. I drive a car powered entirely by my own sense of self satisfaction.
Speaker 1: You can just manage the.
Speaker 7: Kind of people that that would appeal to and well climbing out of their car after their day's work. Seventeen people I saved today, They wouldn't have had our Jennifer.
Speaker 5: That's right, sphyxiating people children in Africa flapping around like fish on the deck of a boat because I didn't drive my home.
Speaker 7: Diiye enough today, Valentine were spared today thanks to me.
Speaker 6: To the States. Now we're an explosive book.
Speaker 7: By the name of Flight Inside the Wildest Battle for the White House. Has all these Biden insiders squealing like pigs about the extent to which they knew that this guy was a senile old man being propped up by the Manhattan Project of pharmaceutical Products for the entirety of his rule and reign as President of the United States of America.
Speaker 6: Isn't it incredible?
Speaker 7: While he was still in the hot seat, and even after Kamala had taken over, they're insisting, no, no, no, the guys, the guy's fine, he can do the job.
Speaker 6: Nothing to see here. But now that there's a book.
Speaker 7: Deal and money to be made out of it, Oh.
Speaker 6: He was a walking to Zasta. Here's Fox News reporting.
Speaker 7: On this new book set for release this month, but obviously they've had a few leaks.
Speaker 11: In a new book, it says Democrats quietly began making contingency plans around him more than one year before November's election. The authors write, in hush hush talks, starting in twenty twenty three, officials gamed out Biden withdrawal scenarios.
Speaker 6: A grim addition to that, aids.
Speaker 11: To former Vice President Harris Quote, strategized around the possibility that Biden might die in office.
Speaker 6: They even thought he might carck it.
Speaker 7: That's how confident they were that this guy was on his last legs.
Speaker 6: If you are.
Speaker 7: Planning of funeral, you'd think, maybe this guy isn't up to the task.
Speaker 6: This book, for bits of.
Speaker 7: It that have been leaked and I've read, are all about how many times he would book in to get his makeup done because it needed an extortionate amount of makeup to make him look.
Speaker 6: Not corps like.
Speaker 7: But then he get his makeup done and cancel the day's appointments anyway, So he'd get his makeup done and then through his own man clear the diary not actually can't be bothered. I've got up, I've got my makeup done.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 5: They hed a.
Speaker 7: Toun of stories that are coming out already, and the book hasn't been released yet. I just I mean, you want to say funny, but at the same time absolutely tragic.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought it was curious.
Speaker 2: Of course, after he had that terrible debate and things sort of started going downhill, you could tell he almost had like the Donald Trump tan thing going on his next public appearance. He looked so dark, and I had wondered, like, have they sent him off for a fake ten? Because he looked so gormous and almost like dead at that debate. He was so pale.
Speaker 1: Have they sent him off for a fake ten? Or have they given him makeup? Or Yeah?
Speaker 2: But also it makes me wonder, and we were having this discussion when that really bad debate against Trump happened last year, was all of that orchestrated in order to send him out and make him look like a fool.
Speaker 1: If they were working that.
Speaker 2: Hard behind the scenes and they had little confidence he might even be able to get through his term, did they sort of put it all by the wayside before that debate and go, this is the way.
Speaker 1: That we'll move him.
Speaker 5: I wish that were true, but I honestly don't think that they are that smart. I think they clearly, despite all their hysteria about Donald Trump being a threat to the free world, they did not, between them have enough of a brain to actually put together the candidate who had the best chance of stopping him. The idea that you would wait until the last minute and then blow up Biden just to put in the candidate who performed worse.
Speaker 7: They knew he could have died out of day, they had to replace him.
Speaker 5: No, that they should have done it beforehand, like if they were going to they should have done it when there could have actually been a primary. Someone should have tapped him on the shoulder. No one obviously had the guts. They were all too busy sucking up to him. No one had the guts to actually tap him on the shoulder and tell him to go. They're obviously all those reports. They were trying to get Michelle Obama to do it. She didn't want to. But there's countless other you know, anyone but Carmala Harris, you know, would have had a real fighting shot of winning that election, especially if they weren't stupid enough to prosecute Donald Trump in the first play. But every time they just made the wrong decision, the wrong decision, the wrong decision, the wrong every fork in the road they took the wrong turn until they backed themselves into a dead end. And all they had was literally the guy from weekend at Bernie's and Krmala Harris, who frankly is probably not that much better than a corpse.
Speaker 2: No no, but because the thing is that if they just left him there and run again and he'd won, she would have been sickond in line anyway.
Speaker 5: So if he didn't run, either of.
Speaker 1: Them would have been up for it again.
Speaker 2: If you've got a bloke that you think is going to cark it, maybe you should just get him to Resigne. After the break, we'll get into the papers. The till candidate, of course, who was scored out making sexual comments to a young hairdresser, has been camp against sexual harassment.
Speaker 1: That more, after this.
Speaker 2: Interesting move by Anthony Alberizi. Tonight, of course, we know that tomorrow we're going to learn about the new tariff that Donald Trump is going to hand down on the front of the yours tomorrow, the day they have this as race to gain Trump bump, as you say.
Speaker 1: Liberation day.
Speaker 2: Well, who has the Prime Minister been having dinner with tonight. Take a look, it's another than one Greg Norman.
Speaker 5: And of course I'm whisperation.
Speaker 1: Is very close to Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Is this a last ditch effort by Albow Joe to get Greg.
Speaker 1: To perhaps make some overtures to Trump.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well not last, but Greg Norman was always on the rollerdecks as soon as people have been saying to the PM, get Greg Norman on board. Greg Norman was instrumental in connecting Trump last time around with the government. Joe Hockey I think had to call Greg Norman to get Donald Trump's number so that Malcolm Turnble I think it was, then could give him a call. So it's so yeah, it's just an absolute no brainer Trump. You know, you've got when you're talking to Trump, you've got to speak his language. What does he love? He loves golf? Who does he love? He loves Greg Norman? What does Greg Norman do play golf. He's like he's like a kind of a Trump translator. Yeah, like Albanizer can talk into Greg Norman and then Greg Norman can talk to Donald Trump and Trump will understand.
Speaker 1: Card of pigs.
Speaker 2: The question why don't we just get rid of Kevin Rudd and make Greg Norman the ambassador that you wish.
Speaker 6: Here's got my vote.
Speaker 1: Let's get into some of the other stories. Oh god, we don't want to go there again.
Speaker 2: I'm Kevin from Queens saying that I'm here to help and he's a nice vova.
Speaker 1: He said all of that in that one speech.
Speaker 5: Sir sucker, the sausage six talk.
Speaker 1: I don't think that should go well with this story. Sex talk teals workplace vow.
Speaker 2: Of course you'd remember all of this breaking yesterday, but it says he now deal. Candidate Nicolette Boel, who is under fire, of course, for making a sexual remark to a teenage hairdresser, swore she would stand up against cases of sexual harassment in the workplace in a social media post three years ago. She apologized on Monday for the four attempted humor after telling the sale on worker that the hair wash she received was so good and I didn't even have to have sex with you. This post that she originally put up said everyone deserves to feel respected in their workplace and I'll do better, et cetera, et cetera, cetera. I mean, isn't it amazing that someone who says, and of course there are a teals, so they're holier than thou is here.
Speaker 1: I am standing up against.
Speaker 2: Sexual harassment, but it's okay when I do it, of glass.
Speaker 6: Honestly, this story just grossed me out.
Speaker 7: Like what average person thinks that that's an appropriate thing to say to a teenager who's.
Speaker 6: Simply done their job and washed your hair. And you're like, oh, that was so good.
Speaker 7: I didn't even have to have sex with you, like I.
Speaker 6: Enjoyed it so much. That is naturally, like normal.
Speaker 7: Person says that to someone thinking sort of thing I would say every day.
Speaker 5: No, this is the thing.
Speaker 6: You're running for parliament.
Speaker 7: If you were running, I think the problem words leave your man.
Speaker 5: The problem here is not that she made a sort of weird equipment. People say, like everyone knows weird. That is like the vault, where people reveal their deepest, darkest things. That they're often saucy, they're often, they're often body is often boughty. Humor happens all the time I've worked in television. People talk about the most personal, intimate things. And yes, maybe she was being overly stranger, Maybe maybe she was being overly familiar, and it was an adult you know it was night he was a teenager, but it was an adult, so it's not someone who is underage. But again, the.
Speaker 6: Only way in which it could be worse wasn't a child.
Speaker 5: No, no. But the thing is that I find what is what is nauseating about this is that the teals are so holier than thou, judgmental of absolute everybody else, including not just you know, campaigning in the workplace, but having to tell everybody how you took us down to gainst sexual harassment, because of course it doesn't count unless it's on social media. So thanks for telling everyone what a fearless and you know, fear us and righteous campaigner and crusader, you are the god. But of course everybody does that. Now she's got a case of her own medicine, and I think that is the real That is the real crime here. I think the hysteria over the line, the one line that she said that was reported I think from another I'm not even sure if it was the person she said it to her complained, but it was someone else or the husband of someone else in the shop that saw it and complain.
Speaker 2: I do wonder if there's something else to it as well, because she was banned from the hairshelm, which seems an extraordinary thing to do, but I just want to know which seal on it is, because my god, if.
Speaker 1: The hair wash is that good, I think I'd better go along for it.
Speaker 2: I'll have the story on the front of the Odds tomorrow.
Speaker 1: No work syllabus for us, says schools.
Speaker 2: Catholic schools have cooled for the ideological National Curriculum to be abolished as new research reveals more boys are slipping behind girls in their academic performance. New South Wales Catholic Schools Chief Executive Dallas McKinney says every Australian school should be able to use the newly released New South Wales syllabus instead. Curriculum and education quote should be about enlightenment, not indoctrination, he told The Australian, And bang on there, I think.
Speaker 5: Joan good on your dais Macannonie love, Dallas love the Catholics, go go go? Are you a good thing? Now? Another thing I love? A little newspaper called the Daily Telegraph, a little newspaper that could and it has an amazing story. And this just breaks my heart on so many levels, but possibly not just my heart because these things move, okay, door dash debarkle. No, it doesn't mean that your kebab came twenty minutes late after you're ordered it on the app. How doors were locked open on speeding metro full of passengers reigniting Union Moore State in federal authorities last night trying to establish how the doors of a speeding Metro carriage locked open during a packed morning commute. The potentially catastrophic fault I potentially on the twenty one billion dollar Metro left terrified passengers just a couple of meters from disaster as the train hurtled along ninety nine kilometers an hour between Chatswood and Crow's Nest yesterday morning. I don't know if you guys have been on the Metro freaking it is just it's amazing and it goes amazingly fast. It's like being on a roller coaster. Like for people to say they are driverless.
Speaker 2: This is this is the vision here of the doors wide open.
Speaker 5: That's right, and that is just.
Speaker 6: Like I love how no breaking out.
Speaker 5: Everyone is silently freaking out. I mean it is again they go.
Speaker 6: So they easily gone into another carriage.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, because it's one long thing. Yeah, it's one long thing. I think all the doors were open.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean they could have walked away from the door, like, oh yeah, a bit of breeze on my face.
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 5: I like the guys who are standing next to the door. They got chicks watching all the time.
Speaker 2: My favorite detail of that, apart from just have cases that can even happen in the first place, is that there's signs above the doors on the Metro and they show you normally what the next station is going to be, and.
Speaker 1: Aboff the door that was wlade open.
Speaker 2: It said this door is not working.
Speaker 6: So nobody can begin doubt.
Speaker 7: Crug page of The Herald's sun Now going easy on Evil. The Splash reads exclusive Hottle Street mass murderer wins softer conditions amid prison bed short edge.
Speaker 6: Hottle Street killer.
Speaker 7: Julian Knight is set to be moved to a medium security prison for the first time in almost forty years. The mass murderer killed seven people and injured nineteen and one of the nation's worst massacres in Melbourne in nineteen eighty seven. He's among several notorious in It's winning classification downgrades as authorities make space in high security jails to accommodate more remand prisoners due to bail law changes.
Speaker 5: My goodness, Victoria just could not get it more broken.
Speaker 7: And you guys think that you're going to lock up people for five years for a hurty Facebook post?
Speaker 6: Where are you going to find the room in your prisons? People crying out about build more prisons.
Speaker 1: You do not build more.
Speaker 6: Prisons for the people writing hurting comments on.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But but if it's at the point where you've got to move you know, the worst killers in Victoria out of the place into a lower security prison because you don't have enough for beds, build some prisons. I mean the Victorian government wants to spend their money on every other bloody road project today.
Speaker 5: Build prisons.
Speaker 2: You need money, well, perhaps just don't spend it all on the suburban railroad.
Speaker 1: Very quickly before we get to a break. How good is this actually not?
Speaker 2: It's a good photo on the front of the Cans post, Hey kids run. Stunning pictures have revealed the presence of a saltwater crocodile at a lake in Canns North, raising concerns about how close it is to a children's playground. Well if you don't really like your kid they're mucking up a bit, you can just threaten to take them down.
Speaker 5: To that playground, right, oh, Joe Hey, try to slide kids.
Speaker 7: Woo errentship with Joe Hid a slide straight CROs mouth.
Speaker 1: He'd be having a wonderful time, wouldn't he.
Speaker 2: After the break, the Lips would come up with a your genius way to stop their core fridge being stolen by Monique Ryan in Kuyong.
Speaker 1: We'll show you how after this. Tell you what.
Speaker 2: This bloke must have been clogged up to high heaven because he just spoke for twenty five hours and four minutes in the United States. He broke the record for the longest speech ever given in the US Senate. It was previously held sorry by strom Thurmond, who spoke against the Civil Rights Act of nineteen fifty seven South Carolina Senate for.
Speaker 1: Twenty four hours and eighteen minutes.
Speaker 2: And Corey Booker was so upset with the way the Trump administration has been going and all the efficiencies that Elon Musk has been finding that he said, no, I've got to beat this twenty four minutes without a toilet break.
Speaker 1: Take a look, I.
Speaker 12: Won't stand for the collective of thoughts on the Constitution by a man who even the highest judge in our land are Republican appointed judge said, stop threatening and bullying.
Speaker 1: Other branches of government.
Speaker 5: When is it going to be enough?
Speaker 12: My voice is inadequate, My.
Speaker 1: Efforts today are inadequate.
Speaker 2: I mean, imagine going to all the effort of breaking the record and then admitting that your.
Speaker 1: Efforts are inadequate.
Speaker 2: But by the look of his eyes, I think he must have been on something to help him get the condrols.
Speaker 5: I would be on the cardros by then. But I just don't like I just don't understand, Like I just don't understand, Like, okay, so yeah, what does that change with your gene? You feel better now?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: How has that made Trump less popular? How does that help you get a better strategy at beating him? In twenty twenty eight? Who have you impressed? I mean, all you've done is take the record away from an ahole who tried to block the Civil Rights Act in nineteen fifty seven and strong theam and who is notorious for it. And now you're in the record books as well for pontificating for twenty five hours about how much you don't like Donald Trump, like, what has it achieved?
Speaker 7: And how convinced of your own importance do you got to be to be like twenty five hours does people want to.
Speaker 5: Hear from who can go that long without a drink? As well?
Speaker 7: Before we leave you tonight, the liberals in CuO Couyong. Rather, I'm making sure that people don't forget that Monique Ryan's husband was caught red handed stealing the signage of Amelia Hamer, their liberal rival. They've now put up these signs Beniaque, please don't take this one, which, of course, if you're just an average person living in ku Yong, is going to alert you to the fact that your incumbent member is indeed a thief.
Speaker 1: Well her husband is anyway, and didn't want to admit to it. You know, I'm glad.
Speaker 5: What if it just takes the sign and says, do not take the sign.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we can at least still have some food in politics that sit from us tonight up nixt to Rita Panny