Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is High Scroll as the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: If it's trending, going viral or has you gripped, we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about it coming up on this episode. It's our first episode, first proper main episode.
Speaker 1: Happy Yeah.
Speaker 2: We are taking you through all of the fabulous things we did last year and what's on the cars for twenty twenty five. I can't believe it's twenty twenty five, doll dealmian do. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Well, well, well, good morning and good year.
Speaker 2: To you, Matt, goodyear, Darly. It's good to be here this year.
Speaker 3: It's good to see me.
Speaker 1: Hasn't he since last year? I fucking love that joke. It's such a dad joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so stoop well, welcome today's episode. We thought we'd take it easy. I mean, we're we're obviously having some downtime. You're having some downtime during this little Christmas New Year break, So we thought we take it easy for our first episode of the year. Last year, you'll know we did, like you know, my Year of Health episode, I spoke about like my word of the year that I do every year. I'll reveal all that to you soon. Brittany's going to take us through all the things from twenty twenty four and maybe what's on the cards in twenty twenty five, since.
Speaker 1: We're just getting personal this episode. Yeah, so I think everyone loves I love hearing about our personal lives.
Speaker 2: I'm loving, I'm loving, I'm loving. Would you like to go first with anything in particular.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's just do a little reflection on our on last year on twenty twenty four. So my twenty twenty four I don't remember what I was going into twenty twenty four, whiz like you know how you have your word of the year. I can't even remember, like what I set my intention of the year to be.
Speaker 2: I think you from memory said you wanted to make more friends, did I?
Speaker 1: I think so I didn't make any fucking friends because it turned into a year of like I've never worked more in my fucking life. I've never hustled harder. I think I knew that was coming and I'd do it to myself. But you know what, it all paid off in the end. Like it was just a banger of a year, and all I did was work, work, fucking work. But when you're running a business, that's the best thing to be doing because you're going to set yourself up for success.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can retire one day anyway, exactly, retirement forwards, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yes? Or maybe did I say that I want to retire as my goal?
Speaker 2: I went for that yacht Ye, yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: But moving into this year, I I say this, and I know I'm going to look back in a year from now when we're doing our update next year, and I'm going to have done the opposite. But I really want this to be the year that I reap the benefits of all the hard work that I've done. Nice, And I feel kind of wrong for saying that, Like I feel a bit guilty or whatever, because I think you get like guilt about I don't know, owning a business and it being successful.
Speaker 2: In Australia as well. The tall puppy syndrome. Yeah, like want to I want to cost syndrome.
Speaker 1: I want to say that I want to sit back and like let my business do its thing. Because I've gotten it to where it is now, I've got all of our amazing staff in place. I kind of want to take a step back and just watch it do its thing and enjoy myself a little bit more.
Speaker 2: U huh.
Speaker 1: And I feel guilty saying that, but I really want to try and do that this year. I want to like let go of the rains a little bit.
Speaker 2: Did you go on a holiday in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 1: I only went to a wedding in Bali. For the wedding, I think we didn't go on any holidays AJ and I. So that's definitely on the cards for this year too. And that's part of the enjoying ourselves and I'm coming you are. And when I had a Christian Hull on my podcast last year, he was like, he said something to me, that's just like stuck with me because he loves everything that I do with fate and everything, and he's like, why are you fucking enjoying it? He's like, fucking well, he was going get out there and buy a Maserati and drive it around. I'm not obviously not going to buy a fucking Mazarati, but I was like, you know what, You're right, because I don't know. I think when you're a business owner, you just get so into the hustle and there's no end to business, so you never feel satisfied or happy because there's always so much more that you can achieve. But I really want to try and not feel guilty guilty, and I want to try to just take a seat and go look what I've done, look where the business is, and I just want to fucking enjoy it rather than just always trying to fucking do the next thing. But I'm saying this now, and I reckon I'll just keep for I can work really hard, but I'd love to go on a holiday with AJ and just enjoy it. Take some days off. I never take a day off. I never have a fucking day off. I never have a sick day. I never have an annual leave day. I actually have annual leave.
Speaker 2: You just realizing that now, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Well, I actually I haven't been getting a pay slip from Fate for all that long because for the first however many years of Fate, I didn't pay myself because I was still an influencer. But let me just look up Fate payslip because I get a payslip every week now. He's my most recent one. And I think it says on there how many hours of annual leve?
Speaker 3: You have?
Speaker 1: Two hundred and ninety nine hours?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: So that's how many annual leave hours?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 1: What's two hundred and ninety hour hours.
Speaker 2: In six weeks? Just over six weeks?
Speaker 1: So ever since like, that's not seven years worth of annual leave because AJ and I didn't start paying ourselves until two years ago or something. I don't know how many annual emails you rack up a year four weeks? So ye, I think AJ and I started paying ourselves two years ago or less. And I've never used any annually. So I've got two hundred and ninety nine hours there. I want to use all of that fun and pay myself annual leave and go on a holiday.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: So that's my I don't know what my word of the year is. Can you come up with a word for me? Like if I just want to take a step back, relax, enjoy, embrace, well reflect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you might be able to steal my word of the year because it's it's kind of similar. But I'm thinking maybe your word of the year could be fulfillment. Yes, filment like that, And I don't want you to think that's fulfilling. Orders have filment in.
Speaker 1: My life, you know. Yeah, that's what I would love to do this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just feel fulfilled.
Speaker 1: Let's see if I can make it happen.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: You just get so guilty like I couldn't. I've taken annual leave day.
Speaker 3: Never have.
Speaker 2: What you're having a bit of a breakdown now about never taking an annually day.
Speaker 1: Never take an annually day. I've never taken a sick day. Well, I've never had one sick pay or annual leave day. I'm gonna use it. Not the sickie fuck then, but the annual leave I'm using it. Even just taking a random annual leave day for no reason.
Speaker 2: I wanted nothing, but I in.
Speaker 1: My mind, I can't do that because then I think all my stuff are going to go. Well, where is she? Yeah, and what she eating? She's just taken a day off. Like that's the fear that I have.
Speaker 2: They won't care. But it's you. It's You've got to switch that because yeah, even when I'm went to Fiji. I'm like sitting by the pool is a few years ago now, sitting by the pool with a cocktail gum. I'll just open the Gmail. I'll better just check the emails.
Speaker 3: What am I doing?
Speaker 1: I feel guilt that my staff are gonna think a certain way if I well.
Speaker 2: They can take their fucking annual leaf days and get on with that.
Speaker 1: And they do. They do take their annual leave days. It's just a me guilt thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. For well, I just want to remind you how long of a year twenty twenty four was. I want to remind you that in twenty twenty four I turned thirty. We did the Muscle Nation collab, Great Protein Water. We did Dancing Queen the tour. That was fabulous. I was in my cupping era. I had my gallstones. This is all. In twenty twenty four, the reading journey took off. Yep, I too did not go on a single holiday except in Australia.
Speaker 1: You did where to the theme parks.
Speaker 2: But that was on a holiday. I was on a fucking tour. True, I just popped over to the theme park from the work trip. But I did go on I guess a holiday but it was a fucking terrible holiday. Remember I went on my first ever cruise that was twenty twenty four. That feels like ten years.
Speaker 1: Ago, and you went camping for the first time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Again, not really a fucking holiday, babe, like you, babe. I want to be on a beach, yeah, with a margarita, like I don't want to be sailing in the Seven Seas and shitting in a hole like you know. I want to be on a holiday. I feel so more holidays for me this year. But I have word of the Year now. Last year, twenty twenty four was which, by the way, I feel like we should be going into twenty twenty four, Like I can't believe it's twenty twenty five, but surely we were that far away from twenty twenty three now, Like it's crazy to me, But my twenty twenty four word of the Year was transcend. Transcend, and I rarely believe that that came to fruition, as my words always do.
Speaker 1: Transcended right into the emergency room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, transcended in so many ways. So that just means exceed all expectations, do things bigger and better, blah blah blah, And it'd like, you know, think about the Dancing Queen Tour. We put on what five shows, and I was like, fucking cost of living crisis. It'll be We'll be lucky to sell out these five shows up. So if fifteen sold out shows later, you know, transcend the vibes. I wish I could have transcendd onto a fucking holiday. But anyway, that doesn't mean that does matter. They transcend muscle Nation. At the start of twenty twenty four, I was just a customer. End of twenty twenty four, fucking bigger and better than anything else. I've released my own product with them, you know what I mean. We're transcending a bit of.
Speaker 1: A tangent here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for your life.
Speaker 1: I just want to say so, like, speaking of collapse with brands, you can cut this out if you don't want, But I didn't know if it was worth putting in there. I got a dm on on Instagram just literally the other week from High Smile h nice and well, like, this is the most misleading thing that I've ever heard, and I want to see if you agree with me or not. Okay, this is nothing about New Year's is about a brand collab, but it just sparked the memory right, and as everyone knows, I don't work with brands. Like you go to my Instagram, there's no brand paid posts or whatever. But anyway, I got this message of high Smile, which, by the way, High Smile their ads very annoying, but I think that's like what they're famous for. So hey, Brittany, I hope you're well. My name's blah blah blah, and I am part of the marketing team here at high Smile. I'm like, oh, this is so random. I thought I would get in touch after having an exciting discussion with our team which included creating you your very own custom flavored toothpaste, and straight away I was like, oh, this is like the Muscle Nation thing that Matt did with his great Protein water. Let me know some of your favorite flavors and the team will get working on something asap. Thank you so much. And I was like, oh, like, I don't really work with brands. When I started thinking this could be like an iconic collab, because maybe we could come up with an aesthetic toothpaste for the person that doesn't want to take their toothpaste off the bench kind of thing, I'm like, perfect, Yeah, I'd love to talk to them about this, like it won't hurt to just ask and see. I said, Hey, team, I'd love to set up a call to chat more. Would you mind sending me an email? I gave them my email Chat soon and she said, Hi, Brittany, perfect, I have just send an email across. I'm like cool, Like it won't hurt to fucking chat and see what this collab coming out with my own toothpaste is going to be. Like I don't know why it was worded like that. So then she sent me an email. Hey, Brittany, I hope you're well. It's blah blah blah. Here just following on from our conversation from Instagram. High Smile would love to make you your very own Glazed inspired I think I was meant to say Glazy inspired custom flavored toothpaste to enjoy. Please let me know if this is of interest and we will get working on this asap. Thank you so much. And I'm like oh, and then I started thinking, oh, like a Glazy and High Smile collab, like that could be fun. And then I said, hey, blah blah blah, thanks so much for reaching out. I'd love to jump on a call to learn more about how this collaboration would work. Do you have any tie available next week? She just goes, I Brittany lovely to hear from you. This would just be a gifting opportunity with no obligation to post. Please let me know if you are still interested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just gonna make you a flavor toothpaste, like one tube of toothpaste just for you.
Speaker 1: But why did they make it come across like it was going to be a collab thing and like what I just say from the start high we would love to create you your own custom toothpaste that is just one toothpaste and a gift, Like it was so misleading and I'm like what, you just wasted everyone's time. Then I wrote back and said, sorry, I don't accept gifts. I thought this was a collab. I think the wording in that is has Ai written that because it sounded like you wanted to create a custom toothpaste in collaboration. Anyway, that's my little side fucking story anyway, But is it not that that's the weirdest brand interaction I've ever had in my ten plus years. Really, like, just say, hey, we're doing some gifting. Would you like a custom toothpasteh okay, mislead and made me think, oh, this is gonna be a cool collab. Next minute, I.
Speaker 2: Smile clearly took transcend to the next level.
Speaker 1: Beest fucking thing, like what I just cut? Cut to the fucking chase here I am, send me an email. Let's arrange a call. I'd love to know more. Oh no, it's just a gift. Well, why don't you just say that? Why don't you just say that? I hate people that aren't straight to the point.
Speaker 2: Because Britney's ran in the wed get to the fucking jingle going down Jesus first.
Speaker 1: Random anyway, high smo, sort your marketing out nice.
Speaker 2: Also back to my year was the year I started using cash again. Cash's king yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And cafe at a cafe by the way, and I saw they had a little sign that said cash is king.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I love coffee And obviously I've spoken about it on the podcast before. It helped boost my savings, made me understand my money that little bit more. Jelevision on I've got a television, I talk about it. Hey it every second. Won't do it again. But that brings me to what I'm looking forward to. For twenty twenty five, I've chosen my word of the year, and it's kind of similar to your vibe in a way. You're trying to take a step back and enjoy life more. I am in the same boat. I definitely want to do less. But for me, I really what's important for me in twenty twenty five is I just want to feel real calm. I just don't want to I just feel like my brain towards the end of last year just always has so much noise in it, and I just have a million things I'm thinking about and I can't I've got too many things to think about, so I can't focus on one thing, you know what I'm saying. So my word for twenty twenty five is tranquility. Oh, tranquility.
Speaker 1: Some little rainforest sound.
Speaker 2: Effect, tranquility, Yes, please pop in some rainforest.
Speaker 1: Effect it like this from this moment on, Well, it says, I googled.
Speaker 4: I googled for you all what tranquility means, just so I could give you the definition. It is a peaceful, calm state without noise, violence, worry, living in peace and tranquility.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry about that, God drop my phone. Yeah, but tranquility, I think that's fun.
Speaker 3: I think that's nice. I just like it. I just obviously we've moved into the new house, no longer in an apartment. As you all know, I want to feel tranquil in my home. I want to feel calm in my home. I want to feel I want to feel calm.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be hard to be calm on the podcast, isn't it with Matt's around of the week. But that's all right. I can have aspects of untranquility as well. And look, it's the thing I've got to work on the whole year as well. I don't have to be tranquiled straight away. It can be tranquil. You know, by October.
Speaker 1: Something is turning into a tranquility podcast.
Speaker 2: But I'm hoping that my tranquility and your fulfillment, you know, they're on the same they're on the same path. But I feel like everyone at this pointing you need.
Speaker 1: Some tranquility, And yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I can feel that's going to resonate with a lot of people. Maybe tranquility will be because a lot of people like to transcend. Last year, they wanted to apply that to their lives. Let me know how you went, or whether you chose a different word. I'm always I love when people tell me about that word of the year and when they reflect on it and tell me what it applies.
Speaker 1: What do you say? My word is film for film.
Speaker 2: Brice, And so if you need tranquility is your word of the year. I'm happy for any of the scholars to adopt that if you need a bit of calmness, if you feel like your brain's got too much noise in it. But also maybe I just need fucking therapy. Who knows, Maybe that's something I'll work on in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to therapy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it didn't work.
Speaker 1: I've never been to therapy.
Speaker 2: I see. The thing with therapy is like it's.
Speaker 1: Where do you start when you go in like the first time? Like I'll tell you what someone who's never been in therapy. I always think, like, when you go in to see a therapist, so like do they sit you down and say, okay, so let's start at your childhood? Like is it literally like that?
Speaker 2: I think, sorry, no.
Speaker 1: Because therapists are like, well where do I fucking begin? Like fuck me?
Speaker 2: But I think they don't. They just tackle whatever you want. To talk about that day and then they'll get Like like my friends who go to therapy, I think it's like three four, five, six months until they're doing the childhood stuff because they've got to just get through all the other stuff and that the therapist has to you know, learn you. You can't just walk And I think that was my problem. I walked into their thinking this one session will fix me, and then it didn't. I didn't vibe with the therapist, and I went in our therapists not for me. Whereas now I've learned like you should shop around, like you feel the therapist.
Speaker 1: Years looking for the right therapist, which is wild, but it makes sense because you've got to find someone that you like. But fuck anyway, Matte, Look, we've got our words for the year. We're ready.
Speaker 2: We're ready to be tranquil and fulfilled. Yes, loving this for us. Let us know what your word of the year is in our broadcast channel if you've got one, and we will see you on Friday with an episode of Close Friends.
Speaker 1: That's all from us.
Speaker 2: That's all from us this week. Welcome to twenty twenty five. Chin Chin, Happy New Year, YadA YadA, yahdah blah, blah blah. Right, it's five stars. Let's have a big year of Scrollers stole, Let's do lots of things. Should we do a live show this year? Yes, Scrollers live.
Speaker 1: It's a very tranquil of us. It's not true, but it will fulfill me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good, there you go. We might try and get that on the cards for you this year, because we do want to do it. We're just very fucking busy. We will work it out anyway, love yall. We better let you guys, don't.
Speaker 4: I'm off to be calm at Drunkuell