Speaker 1: Lately. Welcome the Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us on the Late Debate.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand coming up tonight. Not everything went according to planet. Donald Trump's inauguration will show you what went wrong, plus the African American preacher who almost stole the show. And then when we look at what's making news tomorrow, the Queensland LNP were elected to get tough on crime but already are being criticized for not being tough enough, and police reveal they're investigating the possibility that foreign actors have been paying for anti Semitic attacks here in Australia. We'll get to all of that a bit later, but of course the big news today is that Donald Trump is President of the United States all over again. The forty fifth president of the United States is now also the forty seventh president, making him ownly the second person to be president twice, but with a gap in between presidencies. We'll show you some of the highlights of his inauguration speech in just a moment, but before we get into that, listen, Joe, I want to ask you just your overall impressions of what transpired today, Liz.
Speaker 4: Can I just say massive lack of jubilance with this opener?
Speaker 5: Mac, I mean he said it was Oli the greagda was.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the best day. We are saved, essentially literally, we have a commander in chief, a commander in chief of the free world who can actually walk all by himself, and he doesn't trip, and he does stairs, and he has already thrown out eighty pieces of trash from the Biden administration. We'll show you clips of that coming up. This is a turning point in the Western world, as it was back in twenty sixteen, when, to the shock and horror of a lot of people, this guy first darkened the doors of.
Speaker 5: The White House.
Speaker 4: And this second time is going to be a heck of a lot more leaf Why because this time the.
Speaker 5: Guy knows what he's doing.
Speaker 4: He's not rocking up being like how do I fill ten thousand bums in seats, which you've got to do when you become president like that, which was what Project twenty twenty five was all about.
Speaker 5: But of course not, No, we had to distance himself from that.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a life changing, game changing four years now. I'm prepared to be disappointed on a few accounts.
Speaker 5: I talking about government.
Speaker 4: I know what I'm in for, but those promises that were broken last time he was in again. This is a very different Trump term. He is different as a person. But secondly, he's ready this time. He's not the new kid on the block. He's got friends in positions of power, and he means business. I cannot wait for the next four years. It is going to be completely and utterly Joe.
Speaker 2: Do you share this as exuberance?
Speaker 6: To paraphrase Captain America in the Avengers, there's only one messiah man, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that.
Speaker 1: So I don't think. I don't think Trump is not.
Speaker 4: Believe I ever made, and I never would make it.
Speaker 1: It's out of a lot like it, out of a lot like it. I don't think.
Speaker 6: I don't think Trump is going to save the world or fix everything, but I don't think it'll be very interesting. I do think he has the courage or the cojones to do things that other administrations have always said can't or shouldn't be done.
Speaker 5: This is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: I think the reason Let's see, I mean, I'm all, I'm all you know. I'm waiting. I've got the popcorn. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 6: But I think the Hamas cease fire for better or worse. I think that was very much a result of Donald Trump setting that deadline with that sort of sort of damocles.
Speaker 1: I'm going to blow you all the kingdom. Come if you this isn't sorted by mine.
Speaker 5: This isn't changing the world according to you.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think I think it is. I think it is good.
Speaker 6: But whether or not that ceasefire last, and whether or not we've just released almost two thousand terrorists for the sake of thirty three innocent, wonderful, poor, long suffering people. But again, it's going to be a pretty interesting scenario. I think the same with Hesbela and Iran. I think they're both playing nice because they're scared of Trump. It looks like Zelenski and Putin will probably come to the table as well. But you know, some of the other stuff, it'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. One thing that I that really struck.
Speaker 4: You're just talking about foreign policy. I'm talking about America itself. The calls that he is already made by these executives. We live a very day that he was sworn in.
Speaker 1: But it's American foreign policy.
Speaker 4: Saying America sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold.
Speaker 5: And here in Australia, especially when.
Speaker 4: That guy is in the White House, people catch the big dog energy. We saw it even in Morrison to an extent, and good grief, if any guy can get a whiff of big dog energy and were a miracle. I couldn't believe that even Morrison was subjected to this, and it seemed to have a small effect even on someone like him.
Speaker 5: We saw this in the UK.
Speaker 4: There was such an emboldening and this is on the back of already and emboldening.
Speaker 5: That we're seeing across the Western world in.
Speaker 4: Europe as these conservative, far more conservative, right leaning governments come to power.
Speaker 5: Now we have the lynchpin of the free world. Look certainly estimating certain.
Speaker 6: Again, he started to sound sort of a bit crazy. I don't think it's going to be all perfect. I don't think all the problems will be fixed, Joe, but I think that there.
Speaker 4: Is a momentum and it is this is glorious.
Speaker 6: Well, I think what is what is good is obviously that he is he has you know, that the death of work is good. That is fantastic. The fact that identity politics is dead in the water, it is fantastic. It'll be interesting to see how is there are only two genders things works, because that is going to create some.
Speaker 1: Just technical difficulties. Yeah, sure sure.
Speaker 6: And then the other big thing is Orcus, of course, so we want to make sure that the US is still all in on Orcus. Trump has always been a sort of America first, American exceptionalist kind of guy, and that is totally fine for Americans and America, but Australia needs American protection.
Speaker 2: Liz is over the moon.
Speaker 3: This is the greatest moment in our lifetimes. Joe is sitting on the fence, wait and see.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. I'm sitting in the row waiting for the show to start.
Speaker 4: Play down the fact that this is a jolly significant, very jubilee.
Speaker 3: Let's have a look at some of what Trump said in his inauguration speech. Of course, Trump's presidency really is a miracle. It's a miracle he was elected when you consider where he was just two years ago. It's a miracle he lived to be elected. When you consider a bullet came within a millimeter of taking off his head.
Speaker 2: To point the Trump reference during his speech.
Speaker 7: Today, just a few months ago in a beautiful Pennsylvania field and assassin's bullet ripped through my ear. But I felt then, and believe even more so now, that my life was saved for a reason. I was saved by God to make America great again?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is this?
Speaker 2: And you were sneer when he said that, but I know laughing it.
Speaker 6: Is, I promise you Trump is making a gag with No, he is not.
Speaker 3: Trump actually believes that God saved his life. And I don't know anyone who could believe that the bullet came within a millimeter of taking off his head and that wasn't an act of divine protection. Anyone who's religious would certainly believe that, which brings me to another thought. He mentioned God a couple of times in his speech today. It's almost like God is back in fashion when you consider the Democrats in their twenty twenty four policy platform did not mention God at all. In twenty nineteen, the Democrat National Committee said that their largest constituency is people without any religious affiliation.
Speaker 2: And do you remember Joe Biden a couple.
Speaker 3: Of years ago, when he talked about how we're all created equal by the thing, even for himself, the Supreme Baard in the Declaration of Independence. But Trump references the fact that not only does he believe he was saved by God to do what he's called to do, which means he is a man on a mission and not mucking around. But later on in the speech, he also talked about the fact that we will not forget we are a nation under God. All of a sudden, the God word is being used in popular culture all over again.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I take Joe's point, which I think this is your point, that obviously Trump knows his audience as every politician does, and only the Good Lord himself knows how sincere Trump's belief in him, Trump's faith in him between.
Speaker 5: Him and is God. All I know is Gosh.
Speaker 4: It galvanizes the face not included. I can't even vote for the guy, so obviously I didn't, but that he certainly carries it beautifully. And this is what the backbone of America wants to hear. It's not just the Bible Belt, it's people who have been feel unheard, people who feel like their country has been trashed over the last four years, and even those who aren't, you know, incredibly religious, are like, you know, what, what harm is it gonna do if we do chuck in a few prayers. And it was just minutes after Trump said the oath that they had these kids marching through the foyer singing glory, Glory, hallelu Yeah.
Speaker 5: His truth keeps marching.
Speaker 4: On like this whole I watched the whole ceremony. It was extremely livening. If you are a person of faith, and I take your point, Joe, that was an accident.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 4: But when it comes to a politician faking as many of our pollies do, faking a relationship with Christ, I always just go, you know what, at the end of the day, there is one righteous judge and you'll answer to him.
Speaker 6: But it's not faking it. He's saying it's a piece of performance. He knows he does. The pregium poison goes. I believe that God saved my life. And after that, you would normally, if you're real born again Christian, or if you were someone who was really the Lord, you know, you would say, you know, to find peace, to find Jesus, to help my fellow man, and whatever it is, and then instead he brings out his world famous, world worn slogan to make America great again.
Speaker 1: It would be like Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: Saying, I don't think God wants to make like.
Speaker 6: Joe Biden saying, I believe that God saved me to build back better. Okay, so he's saying it as a piece of performance.
Speaker 1: If you want to.
Speaker 5: In that case, we would not.
Speaker 1: You can go to it.
Speaker 2: God doesn't want to.
Speaker 6: There's also a whole bunch of really interesting history between Donald Trump and the evangelical lobby, and of course stay very much.
Speaker 3: When he believes it's a great performance.
Speaker 4: At I just believe that it is just performance. This is the only president who has also done in the famous.
Speaker 5: March for Life supporting.
Speaker 4: Life in America being anti abortion. I think I.
Speaker 5: Cannot How often does he go to church?
Speaker 4: Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than going to a farm, ex.
Speaker 5: Cow we're going to.
Speaker 6: If that God had actually saved your life to implement your policies, you'd probably rock up both Sundays.
Speaker 4: Well, you don't know that he doesn't, and maybe he is chosen not to do as the Pharisees do, which is what God didn't like very much.
Speaker 5: He's doing everything in the.
Speaker 4: Open, so people could be like, oh, he's so religious.
Speaker 5: He's so amazing. Maybe he goes to church in his own It's.
Speaker 1: Great to watch. But again, I don't think coating this in a messiatic.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 2: Let's keep going.
Speaker 3: I don't know if God or not, but he certainly believes he was saved by God. I'll tell you the other thing Trump believes in, and that is in cheap and reliable energy.
Speaker 2: Have listened.
Speaker 7: The inflation crisis was caused by massive overspending and escalating energy prices. And that is why today I will also declare a national energy emergency. We will drill, baby, drill.
Speaker 1: Again. It's a punchline, classic punchline. You're going to get the crowd. Faith. He's a good speech maker. Take the compliment.
Speaker 3: But it's not just a punchline. It's economic security, it's national security. It's more than a punchline. It's a policy.
Speaker 1: In his pulses, Drill, Drill, baby, drill again.
Speaker 6: This is all you're talking about, the theater of his inauguration. This is the way he does and he does it with these really punchy that he knows we'll get people on their feet. He knows they'll get a laugh, and again he.
Speaker 5: Says politicians were half as good.
Speaker 1: This is what he does.
Speaker 6: He sends out a really earnest thing, and it's what every great performer or speechmaker or comedian does. You pretend, don't pretend, but you set the tone like you're really, really really serious about something, and then you've just speared the balloon.
Speaker 3: Really big on slogans tonight for politicians. Can you talk to Elban Easy about his what's his?
Speaker 2: I've got your back?
Speaker 1: The future made as either are good.
Speaker 6: He has got Peter Dunn's back in the latest pole, so hopefully he turns that around real.
Speaker 2: There's one other apart from his speech.
Speaker 3: We want to show you that I know Liz is pretty excited about, and that relates to COVID vaccine mandates and what happened with people who refuse them.
Speaker 7: This week, I will reinstate any service members who were unjustly expelled from our military for objecting to the COVID vaccine mandate with full back pain.
Speaker 2: Liz, I know you'd be very happy, but oh justice.
Speaker 4: Justice has arrived for those military members.
Speaker 5: We know that this happened to thousands of them.
Speaker 4: And again this is something that every government, I think, needs to revisit with full back pay. As he said, then think of all our nurses. Think of the doctors who were gagged by opera here in Australia, weren't allowed to speak out, had to act against their consciences. Think of all the state employed people in education, in the police force who lost their jobs because they refused to take a vaccine that was.
Speaker 5: Still in trial phases.
Speaker 4: All of them were still in trial phases and they were unemployed. They were made to suffer for it financially. For me, being unvaccinated was one of the most, if not the most expensive decision I've ever made in my entire life.
Speaker 5: And I don't regret it one bit.
Speaker 4: But the fact that he has recognized this injustice and he is going to see to it that they are restored financially, Oh chef's kiss, This is beautiful. It needs to become a trend. The government does not get to mandate what you have to have injected into your body in order to participate in society. I don't care if we have any bowler outbreak taken from someone with a master's degree in human rights. You do not this is the one thing on earth you have complete control over. And that is why we recognize crimes like rape or sexual assault, or assault of any kind as being unspeakably bad, because this is yours. The government will take your money, it will tax you on everything you ever managed to own, you will read to do so throughout your entire life. But when it comes to your physical being, the answer is no.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So while it was a day of glory for Donald Trump, it was another day of infamy for Joe Biden, who right at the last moment, In fact, it was announced as he and Jill were on their way to the inauguration ceremony, issued preemptive pardons for Anthony Fauci and for his entire family. And these preemptive pardons, some of them go back for the last ten years now. Joe Biden said in a statement, quote, I believe in the rule of law, but these are exceptional circumstances.
Speaker 2: Sounds a little self serving.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump had this to say about Biden issuing these preemptive pardons for his family.
Speaker 9: I was surprised that President Biden who would go and pardon his whole family, because that makes him look very guilty and I could have pardon my family. I could have pardoned myself my family, and I said, if I do that, it's going to make me look very guilty. Are they going to be sitting here?
Speaker 3: Frankly, the weird thing about this, Joe, is you pardon someone for a crime that had been connected tried. But when you're pardoning people who've been accused of no crime, that's less a pardon than a shield, isn't it.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is this is minority report, this is pre crime, this is this is part of it.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of like the opposite.
Speaker 6: Instead of arresting someone for a crime that they haven't yet committed, you're pardoning them from a crime they hadn't yet committed.
Speaker 1: But again, I just love, Oh, they've committed the crime.
Speaker 6: I love the Donald's performance with this, which is that I know because I think the pardon applies for anything they may be charged with in the future. But but the I love the fact that the Donald when he's when he's saying this again, he doesn't do what the left did when it was Donald Trump pardoning people and them not liking saying.
Speaker 1: This is outrage. He's violated the.
Speaker 6: Sanctity of the office of the prevdor Trump talks instead of all the hyper bowl the hyperboles. Sorry, how did the Julia Gillard pronunciation? He he says, Oh, that looks really dodgy, Like he speaks in a way that absolutely everyone can understand, but also speaks in a way that actually goes straight to harvest says, hang on a minute, you know, like that sort of tough New York street wise attitude to it.
Speaker 1: Say, hang on a minute.
Speaker 6: If he's gone around pardoning people, that means they must have done something. So instead of all the historyonics around, you know, Joe Biden besmirching the great office of the President of the United States, or dragging our country into you, or Joe Biden has actually Hitler, which is all the things that the Democrats would have said if Trump did it. He just goes, well, obviously this guy looks guilty then, and he goes, I'm too smart to do that, because I know I want to look guilty.
Speaker 2: Of course, the other.
Speaker 3: Part of this is that Joe Biden had said he would not do this. Have listened to Democrat Senator Adam Schiff who some time ago said no, no, this would never happen. Biden, I have talked, and there'll be no preemptive pardons issued.
Speaker 10: The precedent of giving blanket pardons preempted blanket pardons on the way out of an administration. I think as a precedent, we don't want to set and.
Speaker 5: You've communicated that to the president.
Speaker 10: President Baden communicated at publicly and privately to the misteration.
Speaker 3: Question I have, Liz, is do you think Trump will go after people? And with a right to fear that Trump was going to say, go after Fauci? Or do you think Trump is going to fresh start. Let's not abuse the rule of law. Let's just move forward and not look back.
Speaker 4: It would not have been an abuse of the law to go after Anthony Fauci. I'm like, Anthony Pauci's pardoned with Satan unavailable, Seriously.
Speaker 5: Who else do you want to pardon?
Speaker 4: He also pardons the general whose name was Mark Milly, who outright admitted that behind at the time Presidents Trump's back. He told China, don't worry, we haven't got any incoming strikes.
Speaker 5: And if we did, I would give you guys a heads up.
Speaker 4: The biggest enemy of the United States of America here was this general, Mark Millie saying, Hey, just so you know, we're.
Speaker 5: Mates China and so so.
Speaker 4: If anything's coming down the pipeline at my end, I will let you know that guy's pardoned. This is the likes of the people that this guy has used his powers.
Speaker 5: And let's be clear.
Speaker 4: Here, it is totally run of the mill normal for presidents to pardon everyday Americans who have been convicted of crimes on their way out the door. This is totally different. These people haven't been convicted of anything. They haven't even been investigated. So the purpose of these pardons is to ensure that they won't be investigated. And the importance of this cannot be overstated because what he's essentially done is create a class of people who can get away with murder thanks to being in the family of the highest ranking officer in the Western world, who then pardons them.
Speaker 5: And waltzes out the door.
Speaker 4: Or I'm telling you, if you ever wondered who the deep state really are, well a chunk of them just got pardoned. Who the heck has the temerity to pardon?
Speaker 5: Here's the list. Here's the list that.
Speaker 4: The president put out in the dying minutes of his presidency. He pardoned his sister, her husband, his two brothers, and one of his brother's wives. So he's covering off on the in laws.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised there aren't their family pets listed.
Speaker 4: I mean after the embarrassment and the rightful media backlash when he not just preemptively but retrospectively pardoned his son Hunter Biden.
Speaker 5: And we all know the dodginess.
Speaker 4: We know that the Biden family pocketed millions from Ukraine and good chunks of money from China as well. We know that went on and once again.
Speaker 5: He Waltz is free.
Speaker 4: Also, this is a crime thing family syndicate that has made sure that for as long as they live, they're in the clear.
Speaker 3: So does he go after the fifty one intelligence experts who famously came out and declared that the Hunter Biden laptop was Russian misinformation propaganda. Trump has suspended their security clearances.
Speaker 2: That's a first step.
Speaker 3: Does he then go after and prosecute them, because arguably you could accuse them of election interference. Seventeen percent of Americans so they would have voted differently had they known Hunter Biden's laptop was real.
Speaker 2: But of course they were.
Speaker 3: Told by former members of the American security agencies.
Speaker 2: That this was all this information and they knew well that it wasn't.
Speaker 3: Because the security had had the laptop for close to twelve months before they came out and saw Russian.
Speaker 6: How's this for an idea, right, so you go, as Liz said, The idea, presumably is that Biden says, well, there's no point investigating any of this because it will just result in the pardon anyway. But it doesn't mean you can't still investigate anyway, pursue everything to the nth degree, take it through the courts, get the conviction.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: Oh, but then you've been pardoned. Imagine how that would look if you actually and if I'm sure there must be people in Trump's administration smart enough to see how brilliant would look if they've just got the most lay down as their easily prosecutable case of any of this, presumably the closest you could get to Biden the best.
Speaker 4: He's still referring to the spies that lied.
Speaker 6: No, No, no, any of them, any of the any of the people on the list of Hunter Biden, of Joe Biden's list of pardons, including his own family. Right, just because he's pardoned them doesn't mean, you can't then drag you can prosecute them and drag them all through the legal process, and then presumably I would think I'm not a constitutional lawyer, but you could have the judge actually find them guilty, at which point they would be instantly pardoned and walk scot free.
Speaker 1: Imagine a jury or.
Speaker 6: A Joby white House finding any of these people guilty of crimes against the state, heart trees, and whatever you want to call it, and then just being able to walk out of the courtroom going sorry, guys already got pardon.
Speaker 1: Imagine the theater of that. This I just gave you a boy, a great idea.
Speaker 5: Oh that's follow through.
Speaker 4: Although remember that even while Hunter Biden was in the limelight and getting absolutely roasted for his actions in the past, we never got proper sentencing. The guy got slapped on the wrist. We can watch videos of his shenanigans with crack cocaine. We can't even show you the photos of him with all the hooks carrying on. All sorts of stuff was going on with this guy that we actually can't show you.
Speaker 5: The courts knew all of that, and the guy just again.
Speaker 4: Even before he had this massive pardon from his father. They didn't get justice in the courts. But what Trump's done here with these spies that lied, there's.
Speaker 5: Over fifty of them, is so important.
Speaker 4: Because we are supposed to believe that despite the CIA interfering foreign interference to the back teeth in elections and toppling governments all over the world, we've known about it since the forties, most recently Siria.
Speaker 5: That was Operation Timber Sycamore. Look it up.
Speaker 4: Obama ordered the CIA to get rid of the Assad government, and yes, they do plan these things that far out in advance. So him going after the CIA, who then tried to convince us that, oh, you know, we weren't involved in election interference. Yes, you were right at home, baby, because you guys held onto this laptop you insisted it was Russian disinformation. Like you say, seventeen percent of Americans would have voted differently, We'll never know what the outcome of the twenty twenty election would have been. Now, So the more he digs out these absolute evil siccos as far as I'm concerned, if you know any thing about the history of the CIA and their dealings, the more he digs out the bad eggs, the better because these guys never retire. They hang around Washington, DC, they go on CNN and MSNBC, Former CIA, this former CIA, that they massage the public psyche, They manipulate understandings regarding massively important world events. And the fact that he's just like picking out over fifty of them in this one swathe, going I'm coming after you and for now your clearance is just like they're the.
Speaker 3: Very definition of what Trump refers to as the deep state. It was only Trump's day, but I liked how he made it the people's day. When he finished his inauguration, he started signing many, many, dozens and dozens, almost two hundred executive orders, but rather than doing it all from the Oval office, he did it at the Capital One Arena in front of thousands of people so they could enjoy the moment.
Speaker 2: Have look at this.
Speaker 3: This is Trump signing an executive order to abandon the Paris Climate Agreement.
Speaker 8: The next item here is the withdrawal from the Paris Climate Treaty. We're going to save over a trillion dollars by withdrawing from that treaty.
Speaker 3: Of course, Anthony Albanese was immediately asked, what does this mean for Australia, and Anthony Albanesi replied, where a sovereign nation.
Speaker 2: Can fool me on that?
Speaker 3: With all of our treaties that we've signed up to, he says, we'll continue to take action on climate change, not just because we have an interest in meeting the challenge. We know Australia has been adversely affected by extreme weather events, so of course that's going to change the weather here in Australia.
Speaker 2: But he goes on to say, even if.
Speaker 3: You don't accept the science of climate change, Joe, economic opportunity to grow the economy is too good to miss out on.
Speaker 2: Is he joking?
Speaker 1: No? If he gets absolutely.
Speaker 3: Tanking because of energy prices, if Trump has just saved the US a trillion dollars with the stroke of his pen getting out of this thing, and Albaniez he says, oh no, no, this is the future for our economy.
Speaker 1: If you get it right. And obviously it is to get it right.
Speaker 6: Neatly that qualified is doing a lot of heavy lifting. But again, so a really good example is gas. Right, So Australia has completely screwed the perch with gas because we listened too long and too much to the crazy climate extremists who said, no, we can't have any gas in the system at all, it has to be all green electricity, and we basically shot ourselves in the foot. And you can see Madeline King, the Resources Minister, trying to do a reverse ferret on that and reopening gas supplies, reopening gas fields in Victoria and New South Wales where there were stupid moratoriums that made no sense whatsoever. The Victorian premier is into Alan is now begging for more gas, having banned it from use in all households, and again by opening the gas fields in Narrabrai which have been laid for what happening.
Speaker 2: It isn't the point. Trump has gotten rid of ideology, elevantage. It's just cheap, reliable.
Speaker 1: So he's doing that is great.
Speaker 6: But what Albanz is saying is there are opportunities to for example, you know hydrogen. Japan is desperate for hydrogen imports from Australia, so our hy exports to them. If we can get that right, that is a multi, multi, multi billion dollar industry. And again we've got heaps of gas which is better than coal and better to burn than coal. If we exploit that instead of suppressing it because it's not perfect, which is what the greenies want to do, then that is a huge opportunity. In fact, the reason why we have gas shortages in Australia is because the gas producers can sell it for so much more overseas. So again, you can get it right if you're sensible and pragmatic about it, but not when you are sort of one eyed about it.
Speaker 1: And that was what I think.
Speaker 4: When you're signed up to the Paris Agreement, the most expensive piece of paper on the face of planet Earth, why can't you say, yes, we'll take action on climate change, not by signing up to some stupid United Nations World Economic Forum trash. We are going to do our own thing regarding our piddly one point three percent of global admissions, do me a flip and favor. And surely with a behemoth like the United States pulling out, what the heck are we doing in it with our piddley one point three We just want the clap on the back, don't we.
Speaker 5: An actual will?
Speaker 2: Because what Trump's.
Speaker 4: Doing by pulling out is saying I'm doing what's best for my country is America first, and my goodness, I would trade my two front teeth and a limb of your choosing to hear Australia first out of the mouth of an Australian prime minister.
Speaker 5: It's really not.
Speaker 1: That hard Australia.
Speaker 4: That's such a massive lie.
Speaker 5: What an absolute joke.
Speaker 4: Trump is also withdrawn from the World Heth Health Organization, much.
Speaker 5: To my absolute gly This guy hates the UN.
Speaker 4: He calls them out for the absolute pathetic shills that we call them out for all the time.
Speaker 5: He knows what they are.
Speaker 4: They are a bloated bureaucracy elected by absolutely nobody and completely meaningless. These guys get the likes of Iran and China to head up their human rights counsels and all sorts of nonsense. We know that they mean nothing, and yet we so willingly participate in all their ridiculous little projects.
Speaker 5: One of the first things.
Speaker 4: I learned when I was studying my master's degree of Human rights is that this is a completely toothless organization. All the treaties, all the conventions, they actually mean nothing.
Speaker 5: We get applauded.
Speaker 4: Even Iran and the likes of China, who are so responsible for all these human rights abuses that are.
Speaker 5: Famous the world over. They get as much applause as we do for.
Speaker 4: Being signees to these treaties and these it is nonsense.
Speaker 1: And Trump Caliban, they are very tough on climate.
Speaker 5: Change as bs. I'm not even playing along. I'm out.
Speaker 3: And he pointed out that China have a population three hundred percent larger than the US and yet pay ninety percent less to the World Health Organization than the US. Well, Trump will probably change America is convinced. He absolutely will change the entire universe to Mars as well.
Speaker 1: But the entire world.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what won't change, and that is the progressive left wing media. They are still doing their same old tricks. The laugh is that they think anyone's going to believe it. Have a look at what they did to Elon Musk today. I'll show you first a little part of a speech that Elon Musk gave. Musk was very excited about the inauguration today, and he expressed that excite meant to have a look.
Speaker 1: I just want to say, thank you for making it happen. Thank you. My heart goes out to you.
Speaker 2: So his heart went out to all the people there.
Speaker 3: His heart was going out to have a look at how CNN reported his heart going out.
Speaker 11: I just want to look at that salute that he gave again.
Speaker 1: Just if anybody missed it.
Speaker 5: We'll just show it again. He's just wrapped up here. You can hear the all right, So we just showed that. We just showed that, right, it's worth salute. It was quick. I think our viewers are smart and they can take a look at that. But it certainly was It's not.
Speaker 1: Something that you typically see in American political rallies.
Speaker 7: Put it that way.
Speaker 5: No, No, it was not something that you usually would see.
Speaker 2: They just showed that.
Speaker 3: They just showed that our viewers are smart enough to realize.
Speaker 2: What we're continue insinuating. Here are they insinuated?
Speaker 4: What I thought was hilarious about watching this clip. I genuinely think both of them are too dumb to know it's called the seguile, that's.
Speaker 5: What you're trying to refer to.
Speaker 4: But it was like she just refers to it as a salute because she's like, what's it called the hitless salute? Why wouldn't you just say, gosh, that looks a lot like seghile. Let's just say what I'm trying to say. No, I genuinely think that both those ladies did not know what to call it, so we're trying to say it, but literally couldn't.
Speaker 3: And yet they were accusing Elon Musk of doing Joe a Nazi salute. And while they hinted at it, other news organizations just came out and said it. PBS tweeted billionaire Elon Musk gave what appeared to be a fascist salute Monday while making a speech at the post inauguration celebration. Politico they tweeted Elon Musk's salute to Trump supporters is going viral, as critics on social media compare it to a victory salute used to excite crowds in Nazi Germany. Have the media learned nothing? This is part of the reason Trump won because the Democrats and their siffroicants in the media kept saying he was a dictator.
Speaker 2: He was literally hit literally still.
Speaker 1: Got right, like that's right.
Speaker 6: And then of course every single person is thinking of voting for Donald Trump or already voting for Donald Trump planning to so calling me a Nazi, well, I know I'm not a Nazi. So if you're saying about him, you must be lying about him too. That means that you're a liar, and therefore I'm definitely going to vote him. Insane, so stupid. But speaking of how stupid it is, right, let's just okay, so let's just say that they genuinely believe that Elon Musk decided to go to a rally and throw a couple of Hyle Hitler's to the crowd. Right, let's just pretending going to what did they think was the point of that? Did they think that, oh, look, guys, hey, we're all neo Nazis, but we just got home in the election at once, and now I'm coming out strokes on them because they're all really Nazis. I'll give it just a little, a little clue, little hint to all the sort of woke conspiratorialists who think that there is this sinister evil which is a bit like the crazy right wingers as well, but that all these people who think that there is this evil neo Nazi presence in you know, in Donald Trump or anyone who voted for them, if there is a secret neo Nazi presence in your organization, you tend not to announce it to a giant stadium full of people.
Speaker 5: Well, the wo.
Speaker 6: The whole point by your secret Nazis' secret.
Speaker 5: You don't go off doing.
Speaker 4: Your wellies because this would happened to be the most secretive Nazi of all time. Though, because anyone who knows anything about Elon he has been so staunchly pro Israel. He has gone there, he has visited the sites of the different massacres that occurred on October seventh.
Speaker 5: Like, there is no shade to cast on this guy.
Speaker 4: It is the stupidest attempt to frame anyone in this light that I've seen today.
Speaker 2: The joke is not the lie.
Speaker 3: The joke is that the media think that anyone would believe them. Before we go to a break, have a look at this clip of Elon Musk and Donald Trump's son Baron having a great time at the inauguration, or at least Musk war was Baron looked pretty serious.
Speaker 2: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 6: Every teenager who has dragged along to one of his dad's work events.
Speaker 2: The next four years is going a lot of fun. We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back local news, as we've got what's making headlines in tomorrow's papers.
Speaker 1: That's a.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to late debate. Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. We'll start with my old stomping ground, Townsville, where the bulletin reports Fight for the Forgotten Premiere, how can you let car thieves spend more time behind bars than teen rapists? The article reads, serial juvenile car thieves could spend more time in prison than teenagers found guilty of rape after it was left out of the new government's law reforms. The paper is calling on Premier David Christofuley's government to make a promise to Queensland survivors like Townsll's Eb Clayton, who's featured on the front page, that rape will be treated just as seriously as car theft under his government's adult crime Adult Time laws. Now, this is not the first anomaly that's been pointed out since the LNP came to power boasting about adult crime Adult time laws that they would institute. There was a recent example of a teenager who is alleged to have stabbed a coals worker in the back, almost killing her, but attempted murder is not covered under the adult crime Adult Time laws. So there's all of these anomalies which Joe, I suppose, you know, when you're leedslating you you can make some mistakes.
Speaker 6: Legislating based on where the media cycle and news headlines.
Speaker 3: Right, this is the big thing the LNP sold the Queensland. It's pretty disappointing that they've got anomalies as obvious and as stupid as this.
Speaker 1: We look.
Speaker 6: I think clearly they were responding though to public concerns and they obviously would have been looking at right, what is the public almost worried about? What we're are the crimes spiking the most? These are the ones will go after and then these kind of anomalies have got I'm sure they'll have no you know, they waste no time throwing these things into it. I'm pretty sure the message here is we want less jail time for car thieves. It is about incorporating all these other crimes into that omnibus.
Speaker 4: But the whole thing of adult time, I mean, it's got a great ring to it, and you wanted to win an election, I get it. But the overwhelming stats in the data from Queensland is that magistrates we're not using the maximum afforded to them by.
Speaker 5: The prior set rules.
Speaker 4: So if they weren't using anywhere near the maximum that used to be much much less for the same crimes as if they're going to be using the maximum time for adult crime or whatever. Say, it's very very catchy and they wanted to be seen to do something to saty eate the obviously and rightful anger of the public during this.
Speaker 2: Youth Why were you arguing for mandatory sentencings.
Speaker 5: No, not at all.
Speaker 4: I'm simply saying this was a ploy and it's it's already working out to be well. They're calling out problems with it, but the main problem with it is that just because you've set a higher maximum for a crime that used to have a much lower maximum, if the magistrates weren't using.
Speaker 5: The lower maximum, they're not going to touch the higher.
Speaker 4: Maximum that you've made available to them. And I believe it was the Australian who wrote a brilliant article about that, with all the statistics in it from Queensland's and the rulings of the judges, and none of them got anywhere near the maximums that they.
Speaker 5: Were already afforded. So this was always a ploy to get them into government.
Speaker 4: It worked very powerfully, I'm sure, but like a lot of policies, like a lot of legislation.
Speaker 5: People, it is not as it appears.
Speaker 6: Also a little trick they actually picked up from a former New South Wales many many years ago, a former New South Wales labor government that used to every time the opposition called for higher minimum sentences, they'd say, oh, even higher maximum sentences. But speaking of adult time, I do just have to pay tribute to my favorite adult who just time and time and time again, he just will not go away. This man is a stayer. It is, of course the former mayor. I can't even tell whether he's the mayor or not.
Speaker 1: He's that's right.
Speaker 4: I cannot time before old mate was not suspended on full pay.
Speaker 6: Could I just say you get more time for being a juvenile car thief than his former man gets being suspended on full pack. I'm just going to read it out because I can't. I can't get my head out up, but I just love it. Suspended mayor is still damaging city, reads the headline. The chief executive Townsville City Council has labeled endless social media rants from suspended Mayor Troy Thompson as damaging, quote unquote, saying staff's well.
Speaker 1: Being is at risk, so he's on the tweets. He's gotten on. He's got all this hand so what is he doing. He's on the tweets, he's on the facebooks.
Speaker 3: He's been running online polls about whether or not the council should be disbanded in his absence, whether or not the towns Will bulletin should be ordered to stop printing because they keep featuring him on the front page.
Speaker 2: You love it.
Speaker 1: It's like the Townshire Building and I just love them. Good on.
Speaker 6: You do not change a thing, but as the Towns of Building just has this guy's face on their blank template of every front page.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, obviously obviously the former mayor's.
Speaker 5: Day every day.
Speaker 1: What's the next story anyway?
Speaker 4: Okay, enough of Troy Thompson. Moving on now to the Australian Boulder.
Speaker 5: That's the wrong headline.
Speaker 4: Alps work around to cope with a new political climate.
Speaker 5: Get this.
Speaker 4: They can't hack Trump being in office. It appears they're like, no, it can't work with that guy, So this is their plan. The Albanese government has raised the prospect of working directly with Democrat controlled states in the US on climate change initiatives after Donald Trump signed an executive order to pull out of the Paris Agreement while vowing to unwine.
Speaker 5: Support for low carbon industries. So these fly to have gone, well, we'll just work with our friends. Then the Blue team, the Democrats, we are just what are you going to do? Get on the line to the governors and be like, hey, we're stoolmates. Yeah, you guys are.
Speaker 1: Still on board. Are you a safe city?
Speaker 5: Are you a sanctuary city? Are you over run by illegal aliens?
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Government are pains to say we're going to have a wonderful relationship with the Trump administration. We're going to get on famously. And now they're publicizing that. What we're actually going to do is go around Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: To like me saying to my wife, We're going to have a great relationship.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to shag this other chick behind your back. Is that okay? But we can see we're still going to have We're going to be perfect, it's going to be great. Look you know, okay, we're still trying to get Congressman was asked.
Speaker 6: If he'd been telling Joe Biden, you know what to do, and you know that he would be pardoning anyone and blah blah, Yeah, and so it says, Look, I publicly and privately try to say all these things, and you know, but yeah, I'm not sure if that's the best message to be sending, right about it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, how much do you reckon?
Speaker 3: Pennywong and Kevin Rudd would have enjoyed the inauguration today. Sitting there Biden, Clinton, Harris looked incredibly uncomfortable. Sadly the camera never panned around too, because they're probably up the back, Pennywong and.
Speaker 2: True Kevin Rudd. But I would have loved to have seen the looks on their face.
Speaker 5: They were not given seats of honor, and no ousta.
Speaker 2: All of his policies. We're going to go to a break when we come back.
Speaker 3: Not everything when according to Plant at the inauguration will show you one thing that did not. And of course there was the African American preacher who almost stole the show. That's coming up from sim Well, we thought we'd finish the program by highlighting some of our favorite moments from the inauguration.
Speaker 2: Liz will let you kick it off. What did you like, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Gosh, Millennia Trump's outfit. Okay, can we have a minute for this get up. She is the this is iconic, ladies and gentlemen. I'm like Jackie Kennedy, who this Eastern European woman, Millennia Trump just blasted every first lady out of the water in terms of style and grace.
Speaker 5: I just I want to be her best friend so bad.
Speaker 4: I entertained myself the entire inauguration ceremony just thinking through what her commentary would be as an Eastern European because she is based. Every time she opens her mouth, You're like, I see where Trump gets it from.
Speaker 6: And do you see how you see how he kissed her so carefully. That hat, it looks like the hat that the.
Speaker 1: Would throw and it would lop someone's head off. What did you like, Joe?
Speaker 2: What was your favor?
Speaker 1: I like, look, I like I love a.
Speaker 6: Bit of a cappella and I'm a very musical. You would have heard me singing backstage break during break so I loved Carry Underwood's impromptu a cappella rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.
Speaker 1: And anyone who's in any doubt that there is a.
Speaker 6: Deep state conspiracy within Washington trying to sabotage the Trump presidency can be absolutely assured that they did, and they started on Inauguration Day when they cut the wires to the karaoke machine.
Speaker 1: Have a listen.
Speaker 11: If you know the words help me out you.
Speaker 8: Oh force space scyes for a Booieve.
Speaker 1: Look, the Skies line didn't land quite right.
Speaker 6: I've got to say a little bit flat. But I pulled it together after that, so you know, I'd give her a eight point five.
Speaker 3: Wowel, this is her big moment, right the entire world is watching. Every singer's nightmare is the music track doesn't work, and yet she kept her showbiz smile and just carried on better than Meatlafe, very well done, a lot better than Meatlafe. At the AFL Grand Final, my favorite mode was when the three ministers or religious figures got up to give their prayer. There was a Jewish rabbi, there was a sort of a mainline more traditional preacher. But the guy who stole the show. If you've ever been to an African American church, you knew this.
Speaker 2: Was going to happen.
Speaker 3: Reverend Lorenzo Saul from the one eighty Church in Detroit. He absolutely went wild with his prayer.
Speaker 11: Have a look, America is called to be a great nation. We believe that you will make this come true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.
Speaker 5: Let freedom ring.
Speaker 3: I just love a preacher who manages to get a flex in the middle of his praying to God.
Speaker 2: But look at my guns.
Speaker 4: This guy was I think one of six people who got up and prayed for me.
Speaker 1: He was the least.
Speaker 5: Inspiring because he was just so animated.
Speaker 4: I didn't believe They pulled out Franklin Graham and I was like, he's still alive.
Speaker 3: You've gotta go then, So we've got time for stick around. Coming up is the Rena Penny Show.
Speaker 2: Good Night,