Speaker 1: Thanks to Harvey Norman, the Clearics Center, cooking appliances, washing machines, just watches, TVs and more. Nine Marion Roade, Marion Jack, Betty Betty Davis, Before your Time, Jack.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's dad's family song.
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: That sounds like she's licacious? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what is the line? He's pre she's precocious. Yeah, but it's a Lithuanian name, isn't.
Speaker 2: It, Jack? Yeah? Yeah, Dad's dad Lithuanian, come over here a long time ago now, but yeah.
Speaker 3: That's how you're in the premiere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some sort of relation.
Speaker 3: Would be the same time as well.
Speaker 2: Dad's got a story. I don't know what Dad Dragons did, some sort of that I looked after him or something.
Speaker 4: Well, Jack, we're going to say when we saw you go down, it was like opening minutes really of that game.
Speaker 3: Kay Rotten like rotten timing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Yeah. It was my first contest, about twenty seconds in so yeah, the first time game. So it was an ideal, did you know straightaway? Yeah, I put my knee into one of the Richmond players hips and I felt it crack instantly. I didn't know what I'd done, but knew it wasn't feeling quite right.
Speaker 3: Walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I could walk and it wasn't too painful, and I'd done a PCL before, so I knew it wasn't that and all the ligaments felt strong. It was a bit of a weird one, like I don't know, it's weird. I don't kind of think you've broken your bone, like you've put your nap in that many marking contest. So yeah, it was a bit of a weird one. So I tried to get back out there, but yeah, I wasn't quite right.
Speaker 1: So you've had the surgery. What are they actually doing in the surgeries of it, if you've got pins in it or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't, So initially I thought was gonna, yes, pretty much screw it back together, but they ended up just removing a bit of the bone that chipped off the side. So I think the surgery. From what I've heard, the surgery went really well, and potentially it could heal a bit quicker and could be a decent result in terms of play.
Speaker 1: If you've got to have you've got a date in the calendar that you've circled and you think that would be good to get back.
Speaker 2: For whatever they give me, I'll be trying to trying to beat it. I think tomorrow i'll get a full plan. Kind of have to wait a couple of weeks post surgery to see how it all pulls up and then the stitches out and stuff like that. So I think it'll be two weeks On Mondays over the weekend, they'll do a bit of work and yeah, hopefully it'll be a bit less than first thought. But see how we go.
Speaker 4: We're saying if air Jack that, I mean, there's never a good time to do this. But I suppose the one benefit, and you mentioned your your dad before is at least back here you've got more family support than you would have if you was still up in Queensland.
Speaker 3: And you're saying you've got to you got a puppy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I had. I had the puppy booked in anyway, getting other week after that game. So they had surgery on the Monday and then the pup got dropped off on the Wednesday. So I was pretty much spent a week going insane, asking my knee and talking to a puppy.
Speaker 1: Yet, good time, little bit of puppy. We've got it up on the Facebook and YouTube live stream at the moment. That's the puppy's name, Lexi, So Lexi borer Collie.
Speaker 2: Now she's a busy shepherd but looks exactly like a border collie right, But yeah, she's learning her name and probably learning tricks a bit.
Speaker 1: Quicker than in your house apart not yet.
Speaker 2: I've got so many toys and she's tearing them apart to look after her.
Speaker 4: And is the sort of boredom factor challenging because footy is such a social thing, isn't it like you? You know, you get training if I'm standing around, you know, talking rubbish, having fun, a few jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best part of footyo. I reckon, you got whether you're going well or not going well, You've got forty odd blokes you can get through the week with. So I reckon the first week when I'm sitting at home, I think that's probably the longest, most boring part. But now I'm in the club, I'm doing rehab, doing plenty of weight, some with all the lads. So yeah, I'm good when I'm working towards something. I've got to got to goal to achieve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Do you feel a bit dirty too, because they're coming healthy. You know, Zach Barters is back and Radigalis had a game under his belt, and it's starting to look like the port team that you know ended last year as opposed to the really injury hit one that started this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, it's obviously really frustrating, like did a heap of work over summer and then lasted just over a game. But yeah, hopefully, yeah, you're right, the boys are coming back, so hopefully the team's in a better spot.
Speaker 1: Do you come back in when you're injured? Do you get fitness anxiety? Well, you're not, you're not putting in the work. Do you start thinking how much beyond just recovering, how much am I going to have to get back to get up to that sort of match fitness level because you can't run? Or have they got you doing that? What's that horrible exercise they get they do with your arms when you do Hammi's and so forth?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do, You do plenty of stuff.
Speaker 1: They're trying to get you doing cardio without your le which sounds.
Speaker 2: Like sweating next week, So that's that's how to come. But I'll be doing when you have the scare go boxing. Yeah, seated boxing all that kind of stuff. So no, I've ye been engine before and seen plenty of guys in rehab, and you come back pretty far I think. Okay, it doesn't drop away that much, probably initially when you first start running, but you do. You do a heap of swimming box and whatever that and then I'm naturally an okay runner, So hopefully I'm in a pretty good spot when I come back.
Speaker 3: See how how far off would you be from running? You reckon?
Speaker 2: I actually got no idea. I feel I feel closer to that I thought I would.
Speaker 1: So pain's not bad. It sounds like pain's.
Speaker 2: Getting better and beat every daw. Yeah, so I actually got no idea. I'd be guessing if I told you maybe month, but that's just absolute yess.
Speaker 4: So aside from the from the puppy, how do you keep yourself from newsday like that first couple of weeks? What was you know first the first week? You know, can you just hit hit the Netflix all that sort of stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Shepherd Shield went for four days straight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how good was that?
Speaker 2: Almost every pore?
Speaker 3: That Wasn't that such a great cricket match?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I love my cricket, so that was unreal.
Speaker 1: And did you ever have to make a decision as a junior cricket footage?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of like I loved. I loved cricket and footy. And then when it was about sixteen evan in and I was training for cricket through footy season in winter up at Adelaide. Well that's when I was like, I'm not sure this is quite for me. Yeah, I was loving and bowling into an empty net.
Speaker 5: Did you bowl a bat? I was a bowler obviously, yeah, which you got the build for a bowler. Yeah, so we're training wise, isn't it quite stimulating? I don't think, just run again and bowling?
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Saturday morning when I was three for, I thought I had to chat to Chris Davies. Obviously he's a head of footy, like after day one he goes make sure both teams are bat like he was he wasn't I'm counting as lucky stars. Yeah, but yeah tested at three for but obviously it's still a carry in there and I just thought, yeah, if we win this, it's going to be absolutely well, aren't. And I think it couldn't have been a better script.
Speaker 3: As a bowler.
Speaker 4: Good to see a bowler get mad of the match because often you know, the centuries get all the headlines. But that that eleventh was was dog at bowled so well, didn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a pretty flat pitch as well. Yeah, totally no, it was pretty pretty incredible game. And the young fella from Queensland as well, he was pretty impressive.
Speaker 1: The first when you were running charging in you were you were aligning length Glenn McGrath's style, metronomes or you pinging bloke's heads off.
Speaker 2: What was your Yeah, I was bounce. I wasn't lightning, but the bounce was my thing. Yeah, right, So angles and somehow more angry on a cricket field than is that right?
Speaker 1: Lots of bounces yeah, yeah, pretty the conic on the footy field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting to the sledging uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Very verbal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack, well, great in mate. Glad to hear the recovery is going well and well maybe some exciting news to come if it is a couple of weeks, maybe sooner than originally talking about.
Speaker 2: A bit hopeful, but.
Speaker 1: Well you go to bed. That's part of the that's part of the process. Good on you, Jack, good in mate, Thank you guys all. Thanks to Harving Norman's Clearer centered cooking appliances, washing machines, dishwashes, TV's and more. Nine one nine Marion Road, Marion. If you want to be part of Feedback Friday, folks, get calling right now. Eight double two to three, double double O is the number everybody wins a prize as we round the week out