Speaker 1: Better than the lego, better the leg.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, let's get going.
Speaker 1: Welcome to John's Film Trush. We are going.
Speaker 2: I've got a very busy afternoon.
Speaker 1: What do you want to go on?
Speaker 2: I've got a meeting after this.
Speaker 1: Come on, okay, who are you meeting with? We're with Welcome Friendly Podcast for another week. People, got a big show. We're going to cover off many, many, many things. How good and bad we're going to talk about We're going to talk about today. The theme is going to be great Australians of Film, radio and Television. But I welcome Cooper John's Jack Johns and Patria Johns. How are you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Grand thank you Cooper? What are you doing with the ice? Are you sucking it?
Speaker 1: By the way, people, who is an ice cube? Is not smoking?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: It's this new thing I watched on TikTok. It's like a facial thing.
Speaker 2: People rub ice on the honey. I actually have the rose crystals that are in the freezer that you can put on your face.
Speaker 1: I think that's the least you've got.
Speaker 2: That face mask is Horrendous's.
Speaker 4: On like a radio platform, not a visual platform.
Speaker 2: You know that's true.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to do it for the listeners. I thought I could get away with doing it without people.
Speaker 2: Noticing dripping down your face.
Speaker 3: That's what it's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Cold therapy.
Speaker 3: It's cold ice therapy apparently inflammation in your face.
Speaker 1: Where they've got the cold flat steel and they push it under the eye.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, that's reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that cold?
Speaker 3: Is it that that thing that they yes, because they do that in the corner to reduce swelling in the ice you can see actually got it, and to push the.
Speaker 1: Swelling away from under the ice. I went and saw a guy once I had a bad hamstring in England. Went to Pontefract, which is near Castleford. Malcolm really mail coach put me onto this guy so mate, he will loosen you up, but you're going to go through a world of paint. He had a flat piece of steel he was he was a massage in me with Oh yeah, I really said, masturbating me with which that was afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some feedback and some family questions has run from the Sultan of South Auckland. South Auckland mate tough working class area there. Reuben Wicki Monty Beetham, great sportsman. I think I think once the Warriors was based out of South Orkland anyway, Sultan, rough place there, mate, I think, well, I mean there's lots of lots area. I mean it's not a little bit rough, coloroids, main streets, choler is rough.
Speaker 3: I always try to tell people that, you know, like real estate's expensive, but doesn't mean that the people aren't rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, you know some of the place. It's like a Ghetter to nine to seven Love the Family podcast, as Sultan say, John's family. You remind me of my dysfunctional family. Sultan, curious, who are you all cheering for in the n O Real Grand Final? People? This was hard the hardest one.
Speaker 2: This was last week backwards.
Speaker 1: Sorry no, no, who were were you cheering guys? Two years? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I was storm Storm all the way and Harry the Storm.
Speaker 4: Yeah because back at the start of the year. Back to at the start of the year.
Speaker 5: But but Jesus, pretty impressive what Penrith did, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: It's you know, Jack, it was pretty the toughest Greend final. I've had to pick who I'm going to go for at the end. I just think, you know what, I'd love it to be Golden Point.
Speaker 4: Didn't go to Golden Point because it was on that.
Speaker 3: It was on that.
Speaker 2: And tattering and tutoring and tattering. It was back and back and back and back.
Speaker 1: She'd make some commentations to your subject, you won't make it, Jack Gibson, But it was. I mean, if Jack House gets that ball down then who knows. But the thing about I've got much respect for Penrith that I was sort of cheering for them, but of course Harry Grant and some of those guys, so I just enjoyed the spectacle. So where was that listening from?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 1: That South Aklin. There's rumors going around.
Speaker 5: They're saying now that the Western Bears bid has been Yeah, it has been shut down now.
Speaker 4: For whatever reason.
Speaker 5: We all thought it was announced but apparently not. They're saying the rumor is that not P and G. They're saying South New Zealand could be possibly.
Speaker 1: Bid to get talking possibly Wellington.
Speaker 4: Look, we played Wellington round one last year. Beautiful spot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was unreal. It was a really good siting.
Speaker 2: Rugby leagu's taken over the rugby union over there.
Speaker 1: Hasn't its level, yes, absolutely, as far as Super ten and right it was called super super rugby now but Uh, thinking about Wellington, it's a they've got man, there's a little town right near or little town, but it's a town called Wayne Yuimada and my god, some of the greatest All Blacks and some unbelievable Rugby league players have come out of there. So it's a it's a very very strong junior area there. But but Jack on the Western bea it'll happen. This is veal andes is so good negotiation. He wasn't. He wasn't over the moon with the bid and the money they were going to put in. So he's got no, no, no, we're going to.
Speaker 2: Move away down So you don't think it's it's not dead in the water.
Speaker 1: I think it will still happen.
Speaker 3: Okay, is there is there another front roll front runner sorry company P and G Side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been getting apparently he's been getting trying to get some deals done with the government around tax for players and coaches or any staff that are going to be going over to work because obviously it's it's a massive move.
Speaker 4: To try and create a.
Speaker 5: Stablished establish a club in another country. From the get go, it's going to require a lot of stuff from Australia.
Speaker 1: People to move over, and there's I mean as far as health and safety, it's always been an issue. As far as P and G is saying a little city in there, Yeah, well what will happen? Sorry when people go there that you're in a compound, but they're so fanatical fans they deserve a side. It'll I think it'll be huge. The government have the Australian government to come in, so they're going to give the bid six hundred and sixty million to make sure it happens to basically have a footprint because they're concerned about the presence of China and the Pacific. There's talk that maybe the American government will kick some in and I think they'll have to kick some in as far as security, As far as health and safety, this is one of the greatest things the regular could ever do. I mean, how often can can a sport completely change a country? And it's got the propensity to do.
Speaker 2: And what about domestic investment over there. I know the oil companies are very big over there. When you guys went over, I think it was the well search centers.
Speaker 1: Over huge money. Money could be just the beginning.
Speaker 3: Imagine like P and G takes off and then all of a sudden, there's a team in Fiji.
Speaker 1: Moment side have a Pacific on top of that. That'd be awesome. So good mate, you're an ideas man. This one from the Terror if you know your mind a boot Hello Terror. Jack. You were you spotted on the Central Coast last weekend? Or was it you? And do you have a recipe for a dessert dish? Well, Jack, you were in the Central Coast, weren't you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I was dessert dish. No.
Speaker 5: But later in the in this podcast the Recipe of the Week, I actually didn't actually made a recipe about something last night as I was going to sleep, and then I've woken up to things and said, well, you know what, am I use that for recipe of the week because you know, I don't really prepare for this.
Speaker 2: Crazy breaking about it.
Speaker 1: Where did you? Where did you go out of the weekend? Where as Central Coast.
Speaker 4: Went to Shelley Beach.
Speaker 5: Mate, he's got a he's got to he's got a place up there. There was a few of us went up. It was good fun go down to the dinner at the golf club there. You can the beaches there are real nice and pretty secluded. It was busy weekend, like Jerseys everywhere on Sunday, Penrith Jerseys, Newcastle Jerseys, a.
Speaker 4: Couple of the while Jerseys getting around.
Speaker 1: It's a regularly stronghold. Some of those areas sort of coast to beautiful Attrition and I went to for a day drive, went to a Voca. There's a place of people will tip you the Evoca Beach House for a restaurant.
Speaker 2: It is delicious.
Speaker 1: It is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful view.
Speaker 4: Tom Starling Territory, the Voker local boys.
Speaker 1: Lots of excellent footballers. This one from the long suffering brunette. Trish given my handle to say fed or Hume. We have got a lot in common. Yes, we are heading to Italy next Yune. We're planning early. Can you suggest three city? Three cities or towns in Italy? Triush? What do you suggest?
Speaker 2: I think, Well, obviously you're going to go to Rome because you have to. You do, Colosseum, It's all just amazing. Venice is definitely worth going to.
Speaker 1: I go back then.
Speaker 2: Look if you can see then I'd suggest Sicily Sicily is outstanding?
Speaker 1: Is it really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you into all those places?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When most of the time without me when was a rather bloke.
Speaker 3: Did you did you go to live with your other bloke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you actually the love sponge? I'd say, mate, Florence and then.
Speaker 2: Florence because then I mean Sicily is a fly down, you know what I mean. So if you're limited on time, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm desperate to go Napoly too.
Speaker 2: I really want to go Naples they call it and people.
Speaker 1: This one from the King Tiger of Castleford, Castleford, great working class town, Ponty Frack. We're just talking about that well, Sigarinicity, Hey, Cuber and Jack. Your good mate tex Hoy was terrific for us in the back end of the season. Can you let him know he's well loved by the locals.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll let him know. Well, yeah, your Texas your he's back down. He's back in Australian three weeks.
Speaker 5: I think there's there's a huge lot of players.
Speaker 4: Obviously they're in the off season going over the Barley's very soon.
Speaker 2: So oh yes, the careful fellas stay safe to be in Barley at the moment.
Speaker 1: This one from Miss Jane of Maitland, who was Miss Jane back in the day. Was that mister squiggles. Yes, master, mister she was, yeah, you guys down there, miss you're talking.
Speaker 2: About squiggle was there? Was he a rocket man?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it was just a different one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he draw them upside down and you would try and see what the image was, but you really couldn't tell what the image was until the very end.
Speaker 4: Where is this guy?
Speaker 1: It was on the A b C. It wasn't even sixties, No, no, it was seventies and the eighties. Pity you guys, I'm not saying, missus, ship it up.
Speaker 4: He draws things outside the He draws horrendous.
Speaker 1: It was clever. So there was a guy obnestly operating the puppet who actually could do the puppet to maneuver doing pictures upside down with a pencil. That takes skill.
Speaker 2: I wish that, Jane the whole time.
Speaker 1: I wish that puppet a jam That pencil ridney his neck. And of course the the blackboard was actually a person. Remember blackboard had a mouth and he was he'd go hurry up, hurry up.
Speaker 4: They had things being scribbled over him. Had a mouth.
Speaker 1: Yes, he had a man a mouthpiece of Maitland Johns's if you were a television family, which would you be.
Speaker 3: Oh, we spoke about this quite a bit. I probably we've brought this up a couple of times. I think the Osbourne's we've oftent. Well, definitely not the Kardashians, God knows now.
Speaker 2: I was thinking something along Gruswolds with Sophia agera like modern Adam.
Speaker 1: Adam's Bullpits Kingswood Country, the Bullpits. I'd be ted, Trish, you'd be You're Italian, you'd be the green dude. Yeah, well he was, yeah, the well mate, and mentioned that passed away last week, The great Lex Marinos never be forgotten. One of the great men passed sadly through leukemia. They sit in the paper sitting. He was surrounded by family and the sounds of Bob Dylan as he passed. He was a great man, Lex Marinos.
Speaker 3: Well, I probably sorry. This isn't to do with Lex Marino family. I probably think family guy. That's probably the one that comes to the dad. You're Peter Griffin for obviously he relentlessly drinks.
Speaker 4: At the pub.
Speaker 3: You are, Trish, you are lois quite loud, Frankie's along quite quite loud.
Speaker 2: Very careful, you're afraid to throw a.
Speaker 4: Shoe on Brian.
Speaker 3: Jack's obviously Chris Chris Griffin for reasons, and then a flipper calling brother Ian Stewart or Quagmire. Actually, Dad, you could be the old bloke down the street who talks like.
Speaker 1: This and who's very creepy to Chris Gods a cashal. The other one was Jack. I think you could be Craig Bullpit and this trush Cooper is Bobby Bullpit. Brother. I'm sorry, I'm talking.
Speaker 4: Questions.
Speaker 3: First of all, handing this question. Second of all, your references are all over the shop today.
Speaker 1: They are so niche.
Speaker 4: You're doing very nice.
Speaker 2: You're right, very niche. The bloody hat on again, Matt, You're right, but the boys are right.
Speaker 1: People. Greatest Australian male and female of film, Okay, greatest Australian all time male and female of film and their best movie. And if they're a director, you can throw in a direct.
Speaker 2: I'm going Kate Blanchette. I think she's an exceptional actress and I think she does such a broad range of characters and movie styles. She's done a lot of the historical Elizabethan kind of films. She was very good in Elizabeth the Golden Age. But when I really loved it was a comedy part in Blue Jasmine. That's when she won me, or that she did well.
Speaker 1: Did you have a male one as well?
Speaker 2: Eric Banner? He's really good. I think he's really the time Traveler's wife. I took Matt to see the stage show in London.
Speaker 1: It was excellent.
Speaker 2: It was really good. And in the dry the Australian very good, very very good in.
Speaker 1: The dry dry.
Speaker 4: Tuba saw the second one recently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not as it's not as good as the first. It's quite it's good.
Speaker 4: Just my there's not as many cool twists.
Speaker 3: And with you.
Speaker 1: I love a thriller.
Speaker 4: I love a thriller.
Speaker 3: And I'm not talking about Michael Jackson's video clip either, even though I do earn a fan of that as well, but ones that have nice school to Jackson.
Speaker 4: They were like the Jackson's.
Speaker 1: LaToya Well, it was great. A Munich as well, that's a really underestimated film, great film.
Speaker 2: He's great.
Speaker 3: My female actress, I mean, Margo Robbie. You have a fan Wolf of Wall Streets number one for me, her character.
Speaker 2: And that she's were you when that came out? You just kept watching it and watching it probably in approriate.
Speaker 3: One scene I just kept watching when when she come out and she you know, they wanted to be friends, but then all of a sudden her top was off. I don't know it. It was quite exciting. Followed very quote closely by Focus. I don't know if you've seen.
Speaker 2: Focus, Will Smith.
Speaker 1: It's a very film. Yeah, it's very good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know we slaped Chris Rock, but I still think it's good. Russell Crowe is my man.
Speaker 2: But you know what, he's not Australian.
Speaker 1: File up if they're in New Zealand, they came over and make a go of it there, Australian if they.
Speaker 2: Failed those people I thought about and I actually is not.
Speaker 1: Australian at all. He was born in New Zealand.
Speaker 3: There was an iconic but is his dad or It was like, is there anybody his.
Speaker 1: Family in New Zealand. His uncle was an iconic past cricket called Martin craw is Australian. He was Koo one of the great, one of the great Kiwi cricketers of all time. Martin.
Speaker 2: I thought for sure you'd have taken your man.
Speaker 1: Huge Grant.
Speaker 3: I did have Harry Grant if he ever gets into Footy legends too. And then Gladiator was such a great movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: One of the greatest movies of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just good. Just the second one is coming out soon's it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'm to be happy with that.
Speaker 2: Did he leave at the end because I haven't seen it?
Speaker 5: Hold off for some Sylvester Sallon's lead actor gladiated to Yeah, yeah, yeah, you couldn't let me have a gun.
Speaker 2: Though I didn't believe that too much.
Speaker 1: What I called g I it looks to be too much c G.
Speaker 2: I yeah, really have you seen some shorts.
Speaker 1: I've seen some shorts.
Speaker 2: A review for your people on.
Speaker 3: New Joker, great teas, Trish Way too, m.
Speaker 4: Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 5: I've gone with best role of Batman and Robin with George Clooney's probably the greatest Batman movie expandeds. Yeah, and then I've gone Hugh Jackman in Prisoners.
Speaker 2: He was very good in that.
Speaker 4: That's one of the best. That's one of the best movies.
Speaker 1: Who was the Coaster? A Little Bits Sunshine Chill Hall, But there was a guy in A Little Miss Sunshine as.
Speaker 4: Well that Dan Paul.
Speaker 1: Plays.
Speaker 4: But he plays the he's not like he's coaster.
Speaker 5: He plays like the kid with you know that gets manipulated by his mother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Paul.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Nicole Kinman, I think one of her greatest pieces of work was her breakout role that really got her the start in America. It was called Dead Calm she did with Sam Neil. If I'm not mistaken, very okay.
Speaker 1: Also the one she did the race.
Speaker 2: Car one with Yeah, Well that's where it went on Data is under That's where That's how she got that role.
Speaker 1: How they met they Yeah, they met on the stead.
Speaker 3: They're not together now?
Speaker 1: Are they? Key? Going up in the world? That's another KEYWI from.
Speaker 2: He lives in? Was he born in? But then why do you think he's a KEYWI?
Speaker 1: Because Keith he is a key I think his parents, his heritages.
Speaker 2: He was born here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or brought up here?
Speaker 1: Did you mention Hugh Jack? Sorry you got I've got at Mel Gibson. He's Lethal Weapons series. Take your pick. There's been so many who's his co staring that? Denny Glover?
Speaker 2: Is it so funny? The toilet seat, the toilet scene, that's hilarious. Sorry, the toilet scene in that movie. It might be lethal weapon.
Speaker 4: To get this ship.
Speaker 1: That's a great saying. Every great actor is a great saying. I'll tell you what, as a director, I think even better. He did a couple of movies. One of a movie called Apocalypto about the end of the main civilization. You've got to see this. It is it is, It is mind blowing. It is a masterpiece, incredible film that guys don't jump female Tony Collette, Yeah, I Collette, Mirror's wedd and sixth sense. But my favorite little miss Sunshine.
Speaker 4: Oh you did mention that earlier before.
Speaker 1: Some personal stories this week, Yeah, I got a couple. I was out well.
Speaker 3: I went out to the NROL Grand Farm on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was out there.
Speaker 2: Tell me kid Ler Roy because he was He looked fantastic, sounded fantastic on Telly.
Speaker 3: There was a bit of an echo in the stadium and there was lots of smoke.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of but I enjoyed it.
Speaker 3: I had a little bit of a sing along. I thought he was really good. Got a lot of energy, which was good. That's always good. See Sydney Boy as well. So it's good to have somebody who actually it relates to the game from Holly. I suppose from that b L a.
Speaker 1: Sort of a good scene.
Speaker 2: But NURL, do you need to spend some money or the stadium on the biggest, more elaborate stage. We're not playing at the local quick, guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think they need to spend I think they need to build or play at a stadium that's not out at home Bush. I've said it a thousand times.
Speaker 1: It's just not it.
Speaker 3: It's not it far if you're listening.
Speaker 1: The stadium is too vacuous it is there's nothing around it, too big, it's open ended. It's would it be to guys, would it be.
Speaker 3: Too much for me to suggest the s CG.
Speaker 2: Is the s CG a good place for a very far the seating capacities.
Speaker 1: Everyone was at the s CG with rose colored glasses. I went. I went there a couple of years ago when the Roosters played the Panthers. It was shocking, it was it.
Speaker 2: Was the Roosters played the Nights Stadium.
Speaker 4: Eighty five.
Speaker 2: This is the problem, I know.
Speaker 1: But television ord it just looks unbelievable on TV. And guess what he.
Speaker 3: Is selling it eighty five thousand, But like it doesn't matter how many people there. If it's tight, it's compact, and everyone's in there having a good time, and you're up.
Speaker 1: The prices because people will still go.
Speaker 3: They still will go.
Speaker 1: How many will go well.
Speaker 3: And so I was out of the Innerol Grand Final, and obviously things didn't go the Storm's way. I was there to watch the boys play. But I went down and I said to myself, and I've got a rubber around, but I said to myself, I'll go down and have one or two beers with a couple other boys and then we'll just you know, they'll be quite sad to see what happens went down in I had a couple of beers with the boys, was talking about where it all went wrong, sort of gave them a little bit of stuff. Chatted to Bellyach who you're going to move on? I said, no, not to him.
Speaker 1: He's okay.
Speaker 3: Wish he let him go.
Speaker 1: No, they didn't.
Speaker 3: Wish he was outstanding. Actually on the weekend played very well. Yes, they were both outstanding. But then I go roped into going back to the hotel to a function with a few of the families and everyone went back there. Then Cooper tipped over a jack's probably seen it a couple of times. I tipped over that edge. I tipped over the edge of when I'm cruising into all of a sudden I've had I'm having too good a time. And the boys started egging me on to come. They've got a data charter plane at eight am that was leaving back to Melbourne and there was a spare set on it, and the boys were saying, you've got to come back, You've got to come back, like we've got all this, We've got a big mad Monday planned and everything. And I was at one point, there was an hour there where I was fully convinced I'm going back. Lucky. I had to pull myself back because I knew I had radio this week, so I probably wouldn't have logistically worked.
Speaker 1: Discipline isn't a session with you, it is it is.
Speaker 3: That's probably the first time if they guarantee you had in my heart though if they had won, I was gone. I they wouldn't have seen me.
Speaker 2: Well, you could have worked from down in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: I could have been I wouldn't go in a studio.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine and the look on the storms storm fans faces when you got off the plane the Return of the King.
Speaker 3: Yeah, imagine that, like the press are there welcoming all the boys off, and then there's just me who just kicks off.
Speaker 1: That'd be well.
Speaker 3: I mean, the probably wouldn't been pressed because.
Speaker 1: I didn't win. I don't want to step on your toesy coup. But I want to talk about the retirement of John Laws. Do you want to do that or are you going to do it later?
Speaker 3: I would love to talk about the detriment of John Laws. We had him on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this week, let's talk about that personal story in the retirement of John Laws. Tell me, how did you see Lawsy in there?
Speaker 4: Nah? He rang.
Speaker 3: They have the technology now to merge two shows. So like, oh, Lawsy was on his show live, and like Kyle and Jackie were on their show live, and like they put it together. So if you're listening to Lawsy on whatever station he's on, I don't know what station he was on or kiss like you hear it live, the same thing. So he was on there. He was very funny. I didn't realize just how I haven't heard a lot of Lawsy obviously he's been on for seventy one years. We found out incredible, but he's so funny. He's hilarious.
Speaker 1: We spend a lot of time in Newcastle. He would at two HD or two NX in Newcastle for a long time. I've had a few dealings with Lawsy. Joey and I we used to share a manager with Lawsy, so we crossed paths with him all the time. He once had he had a TV show on Foxtel called Laws something was. It was a talk show with the laws. He as the host. Anyway, we got on there and we sat down. We're a little bit nervous and we had about six wild turkeys before we went on drinks. He loves It's been the long time sponsored that involvely, but we we had six wild turkeys before the show. We had about a dozen afterwards. Would you say he was quite a wealthy man.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was on monstrous.
Speaker 4: Years on radio. I reckon he'd have a bit of mullach.
Speaker 1: I'd heard what he was on twenty odd years ago and it blew my head off. Oh really yep, yep. And one thing about it was funny about Lawsy. He was very how he got guests on right, you think about this, So I'll give you an example, happened to me a few times every time we did a way Oh no it must he got me again. So two thousand and five there's a lot going on. There was a Grand Filler qualifier between the West Tigers and the Saint George Dragon's. It was to play at the Sydney Football Stadium, but you know, we know the capacity were just talking about they wanted to move it to what he is now a Core. So anyway, there's lots of blab about it, and I was sort of big on saying leave it at the Sydney Football Stadium. Anyway, my manager and Lawsy's manager got in touch with me and said would you go on the Lawsy Show? Would you go on there? And I said yeah, yeah sure. So next minute I'm in the cart I'm driving and he's producer Ringsbyan says Matthew, could you pull over, we'll get you on off hands free. Would you go on the show? I really appreciate this. Yeah, you're no worries And this is what Lawsy. A few times he goes and we've got another caller on the lane, Hello who's this? And I go Hello, I think, hello, who is this on? It's Matthew John's Well, what a surprise. Matthews just called through. What do you want to talk about? I mean, like someone said, oh, lawsy, Yeah, a lot of talk about Sidney Football Stadium. I reckon we should you should be played at Sydney Football Stadium. Rather than going yeah, yeah, that's your opinion, he goes, what are you talking about? That's an idiotic view get eighty thousand. I thought, man, he's he's got me again. He's too good.
Speaker 5: He's an idiotic to you though, kod to have the football the Sydney Football Stadium City ground.
Speaker 1: Oh well, let's agree to disagree.
Speaker 2: We should get loser way to should because it's set up on that.
Speaker 1: Got him in one days. So we can do We could probably do it. We're a belt buckle. I heard he's going to be. I think a belt buckle from from back. He might have did something with Tom sillik one. Oh no, that was a different guy. Anyway, Just move on, treasure yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My personal story was on Thursday, we met matt In at North Sydney to have a couple of drinks and we were home early in the uber. Cooper and I are in the back seat and Matt sitting in the front seat with the Uber. Well, Matt really likes to chat to the Uber drivers, but this guy was having none of it, none of it at all. I'm in the back seat laughing listening to Matt's tries so hard to make some sort of connection with the guy, like cricket and talking about cricket players, and guy was just giving him nothing. In the end, you just threw up your hands and went, oh, some people just don't like talking.
Speaker 1: It's true that that was a big afternoon. We finished after recording our show on the Thursday, and we went to the Parble, all of so our producers and we're having a great time having a drink. Anyway, we hopped in the Uber to head back and I just went, oh, I don't know how I'm going to go get enough for radio in the morning. And Coops goes, will you'll be right. What time do you think it is? I went, it's eleven thirty, said maybe it's seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we went.
Speaker 3: Fast and hard like it was probably only three or four hours of drinking, but like Jesus, it was quick like it was. There's a loose crew on that show. You riches common knowledge. You guys are quite a loose crew. Gordon Tellers can.
Speaker 1: Put them away.
Speaker 3: Brian Fletcher, Yep, I mean it was sorry, almost liked put him away. Sorry really and obviously but obviously you're you're responsible of the all the four. But yeah, I had to get up at four thirty the next day of radio and it was.
Speaker 1: Tough as well.
Speaker 3: I could just I could still taste you know, you wake up, you still taste the grog on your breath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm fully aware. I did that for eight years, so trust any others. That's my personal story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had won a couple of weekends ago that you just reminded me of. I actually had a taxi driver pick us up and I was trying to as we learned, Cooper, you learn from dad over the years. You're trying to have a chat with everyone, and I sort of hopped in, you know, you.
Speaker 4: Do the mate? You know, I just turned him mate, where you come from? Just now? And he said he just looked at me.
Speaker 5: Like with his gaze of like interest and he just goes Bangladesh.
Speaker 4: Where do you think? Mate?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: I meant like just now. And the people in the backs that were pissed themselves laughing made fun for a really awkward trip.
Speaker 2: Do you remember, boys, I particularly remember this time in America and like literally that has to engage with every cab driver and do you remember. And this guy was taking us to the airport. I think we're leaving New York. We're going to the airport and I can't remember where he was from. The Ukrainian guy, you knew so much about the country, sports people, They've tried. And he literally got out of the car and was hugging Dad.
Speaker 1: Because I tell what happened, because we're over there and people weren't saying Merry Christmas. We have a long chat. Anyway, we finished and as I said, I said, anyway, mate, have a merry Christmas and jumped out. He followed me out. I thought, oh no, I happened to have this said the wrong thing here because people say to me. And he grabbed me and gave me a massive beer. Hagen said, mate, thank you very much, and I said, no problem. Well yeah, yes, we'll take quick break, come back good, all bad and uh well more of our themes and we're back you Cooper, Okay, welcome back to the Jones Family podcast. Just just try to do an intro. I didn't get so good letting people know that you might hear it's true she's got a little bit of a problem with.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 1: Actually it's our dear dog, Charlie, who hasn't been well. She's laying on a lap at the moment. We're just taking good care of us. So if you hear a little bit of the snoring, just taking care to your small price to pay now it's type of good or bad trash, any any good or bad?
Speaker 2: Well, Matt you I just thought how to make the gravy. I don't know if it's a movie or a series is coming out on Binge. Yes, it's based on the Poor Collie peul Kelly song.
Speaker 3: How's the BASI isn't that just a Christmas song?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Is Christmas so much more? Cooper Man? Yeah, so much more?
Speaker 4: Goober?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about the words about the storytellers?
Speaker 3: What are you a nimb I don't understand what it's about that?
Speaker 2: Well, being in jail away from his family at Christmas time, because.
Speaker 1: You know what's that? Well, A lot of people can be a Christmas classic thinking so to play Paul Kelly, you can't watch King of Kings every Christmas.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see.
Speaker 5: What they again, he keep doing these what's going on with references right off the market.
Speaker 1: Seventies and nineties King of Kings people, the older demographic, we all can't be kid ler Roy wool.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, actually, yeah, you know what, I'm really sick of young people. I put this post up the other day about they were going through army camp sort of thing and saying to people, what age do you consider old? And they went from anywhere anyone born after nineteen eighty anyone born after nineteen eighty six, I think nineteen eighty, like nineteen ninety nine was mentioned, So you're in trouble. What And I think it's relative to the person. I mean, if you ask a twelve year old what do you consider old, they're going to think a nineteen year old is old?
Speaker 1: Right, that's right? Yeah, who is old? I think old is anything over thirty days sixty?
Speaker 3: No, I think Forty't you to.
Speaker 2: You might say that when you're born fifty?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Want to give you coober yeah true, yeah, yeah, how dare you? So?
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see that. I'm excited to see what they do with it because it's been they've been working on it for a little bit, so yeah, it should be.
Speaker 1: Good Australian drama. It's going through a very very good period movies like The twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the twelve and the second series Universe that was so it's good, a nice little purple patch because it was running a little dry there for a while. Yeah. I think it just takes so long for something to come to fruition in Australia with production, I think. And the other thing is Matt and I took ourselves off to the movies yesterday to go and see Joker.
Speaker 1: This is good, This is good and bad. This is good because you might wear A couple of weeks ago, I put it under bad. Given the reviews, I said, this is really differ.
Speaker 2: And that didn't want to go because you went had really shit reviews. I said, I don't want to listen to someone else. I want to make my own decision.
Speaker 1: I really enjoyed it. I really want to have fifteen twenty minutes too long.
Speaker 2: That would be my only criticism of it. I thought it was a little long. I thought they played great roles in credit all roles and great insight into a Crazy Mind.
Speaker 1: It is like people have sold it as purely a musical. It is a semi musical like There's but these songs are great and rated again in America, I think in the States to.
Speaker 3: Some of the violent when you just say insight into a Crazy Mind, are you meaning the Joker or the woman?
Speaker 2: Both?
Speaker 1: Okay, but Lady Gaga, she just keeps doubling down with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was great, but he was. He was exceptional and at one point I don't know if he physically lost weight for the role. He must have. He had to it a.
Speaker 1: Significant amount of he you talk about suffering for your art, no one does it more than him. The amount of weight he lost, he was like, he's literally a bag of Barnes.
Speaker 2: He really was. Yeah, it was. It was good.
Speaker 4: People have been very surprised.
Speaker 5: It's been like they're going there and they're not expecting a musical. But in fairness, they've been marketing it as a musical for two years, so you can't really use as an excuse.
Speaker 2: I can see that the hardcore Batman followers wouldn't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting in it, and it's the the guy who was looking to convict the Joker or Edward Fleck or Arthur Fleck, Harvey Dent.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks to the spoiler.
Speaker 1: But that's I mean, it has come. It has no significance, no significance, mister Dan. And they said, oh, mister Harvey, I went the gap.
Speaker 5: Maybe those hardcore fans cop, maybe they they're listening in there, going, well, Maddie's just ruined it.
Speaker 1: I think I provided an incentive to go and see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was. I thought it was really good. Does he have a big role in Harvey d No particularly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well sounds like that.
Speaker 1: Can I just say that?
Speaker 3: Can I just say that? Where does it rank in terms of Joker one? Because Joke the first? In terms of that first Joker within Phoenix, where does this rank?
Speaker 1: I was the first Joker. I would give a nine out of ten, this one, this one I give I'd say a fraction short of eight. Wow? Is becore? You agree with that? True?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Actually, for me, I actually preferred this one to Joker. I know you guys all love the Joker, but I'm not a big Batman person. I don't think I've even watched all of the others. In fact, maybe not man to give us your feedback. But I I as a standalone, I thought it was a really good movie.
Speaker 1: Favorite movie, favorite song, and attrition. This is not a spoiler at all, because the songs all the way through it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't even be able to place one.
Speaker 1: I think I love the Bogs one together, which was I mean, there was a lot of Yeah it was Charlie Now, it was good.
Speaker 2: It was a rule. I just found it clever. I thought it was really good.
Speaker 1: Todd Phillips directed it, and I wonder to Todd Phillips always appears in his own movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I do think you have been in Joker one though.
Speaker 1: I reckon if you go back and watch a movie. He's been in so many films Todd Philip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he like directed old school.
Speaker 5: He's the guy that looks up and goes for the gang Bang at the start with You're the Perm and he's in the Hangover movies.
Speaker 4: He's always at Saski. It's either doing cocaine off hookers or.
Speaker 1: Something like that in the elevator and what he always says little cameos. I reckon he'd be in the film somewhere in a back of shot or somewhere my bad people. What about that We mentioned Bali before. In Bali, if you overstay your visa, now you rule. It used to be you could be convicted for six or twelve months. Now it's ten to twenty years in jail overstaying your visa.
Speaker 2: Haven't you just like around the country.
Speaker 1: Why is to arrest someone?
Speaker 2: I think, why do they have a problem with people ever staying their visas?
Speaker 1: Obviously I think they're sick and tied of Australians going there.
Speaker 2: It's not just Australians, it's very popular amongst Europeans. Yeah, travelers, Matt, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: We we flooded funding it.
Speaker 5: Now when we headed over back end of twenty twenty two, it was obviously after that COVID period like that a year later and on the way over, the boys are saying it was the first time I'd ever been to Bali.
Speaker 2: Correct, Actually yeah, a baby who gives a shit.
Speaker 5: But on the way over they were saying that the locals got to be prepared because like they're pretty, they're not fans of Aussies and they sort will treat you poorly.
Speaker 4: But when we went.
Speaker 5: Over after COVID, they were very, very friendly and they were super appreciative of tourist tourism, and I.
Speaker 2: Would disagree with that. I've always found the Bunleys very go.
Speaker 1: But listen before we take our ad break. Oh go on.
Speaker 2: Well actually I don't know if this is good or bad, but Kane said, say that is probably Australian wife broken up. Probably a good thing.
Speaker 1: I think her parents would be enormously relieved.
Speaker 2: That's bad actually, And also who cares?
Speaker 4: Yeah, who cares?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll just be glad not to see them popping up with her wearing.
Speaker 1: The only Nothing Hello magazine When I read that all the time, does that.
Speaker 2: Even exist anymore?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it does.
Speaker 2: And the other thing, and it was from last week. There's video footage and he's been arrested. This old bloke of said seventy seven year old man king a tesla as he's walking through a car park in the act seven years old, seventy he's really sly walking close to it with his keys scraping it. And then he stands back on the on the footpath and glances over proudly at it. What an asshole, asshole.
Speaker 1: He doesn't believe in global woman.
Speaker 2: Well, do you think he's going to cry sinality.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to say a defense who the person is, and don't mention, do not allude. But a friend of mine there was a person going past this is incredible their house every night in the very early hours, as a mature age person and spitting wax on their basic at the front of their front door, on their drive, on their driveway.
Speaker 2: And if you're wondering what that does, it makes it very slippery. It makes it very slippery, and they when someone leaving their house actually fell on it and hurt themselves.
Speaker 1: Wax.
Speaker 4: What is that she.
Speaker 2: Must have had? Was she's spitting or dropping it?
Speaker 1: Spitting it?
Speaker 2: Well, she's had No, you wouldn't that.
Speaker 1: That doesn't the vision. I saw the vision to trust me. They spat it so.
Speaker 2: It was melted wax in their mouth. So that's even crazy.
Speaker 4: You know, that's like even a thing.
Speaker 1: I don't even know you put wax in your mouth. I would think you wouldn't do it, but this person was doing it.
Speaker 3: Trust We're not saying you're a liar. I'm saying she must be crazy from putting wax in her mouth.
Speaker 1: You must be crazy for thinking we're calling you and not necessarily saying it's a woman. I'm just saying a person went past and was spitting wax on the driveway. There you are, for whatever reason, like surf wax, wax wax, it doesn't matter. It's surf wax, candle wax. It's the same wax. I'm moving on now. Theme Australia's greatest radio personality Douggie Mulray.
Speaker 2: Too lovable, too cheeky, too witty.
Speaker 1: Who's telling you what.
Speaker 3: Station was he on?
Speaker 1: He was on Triple M when Triple M first started in nineteen eighty. He was the first guy.
Speaker 2: He didn't know that he was.
Speaker 1: The pioneer of FM radio. He was unbelievable, hilarious.
Speaker 2: And I was from Newcastle, remember, so I didn't actually listen to him that much. Only if I was traveling down to Sydney and you'd hear him on the radio. But hilarious lunching.
Speaker 1: Not long before he passed and it was mate the whole two hours, you're just hosing yourself laughing. He was one of the quickest, the quickest wit and an incredible as far as coming up with ideas. Andrew Denton, this is how good that show was. Andrew Denton was a junior producer. You know how I like, let's say, like Brooklyn and some of those guys in the colin Jackie Osha. He had Denton as one of those. He called him the boy Wonder him and him and Doug used to just write scripts together all the time. Mate. It was brilliant how he used to do. He used to do certain things you couldn't do.
Speaker 2: Now, and he had characters, had characters. Most of the things he used to do. I don't think you could do now.
Speaker 1: One. I think they used to have a prize every morning where they got a blake who I work with? Reggie Brossard he worked on the show as well. They give Reggie a sausage and somewhere in Sydney he'd hide it, and he used to be, where's Reggie, Where's Reggie hidden the sausage this morning? I don't know whether it was cooked clever.
Speaker 4: Was the wax hot in her mouth?
Speaker 3: I had? I had John Laws obviously just we just spoke about it retiring earlier this week announcing his retirement. He's actually retired once before and then came back, so it might not mean anything, but he's retiring, and I just think very very clever, and I love that that old school mentality of I actually heard him speaking earlier in the week and he was saying, they said, what's the key to being good? You know, whether it be in podcast or in radio, or on TV or any sort of entertainment industry he said, he said, I once good good advice.
Speaker 1: Just be truthful.
Speaker 3: If you feel like you're angry, be angry. If you want to be a quit to someone, just be aquit to someone. It doesn't matter. And I was like, that's a very it's a very good way to be on air.
Speaker 1: I listened to that segment. I was out there doing a bit of training. I loved it. Win When Jackie Jakio said something like, John, you took exception once when we got your one and I spoke about my vagina, he went, yes, she goes, don't you like vaginas? He goes, come on, move off, jack John.
Speaker 5: I know too many big radio personal I was just going to say, Kyle Kyle, just because I think he's obviously very clever, because you know, I know he likes to rub people the wrong way a lot, but he certainly knows how to get an audience and how to build an audience because he me and Jackie have done it for so long now, and I think he's like, you know, to get away with a lot of the things they've done over the last twenty years, at least, you know, you have to be very smart, very switched on.
Speaker 2: There was a period there where he spent more time off air in a year than on. Would I be right in saying that Matt so one thing after the other?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. He's sort of bludging people that. This is why Melbourne's called such a controversy because in Sydney I have a period of time people now have worn to it and understand what the show is. Where Melbourne are going, Like, look, I think he's my prediction. I think it will in two years as far as FM's concerned. I reckon I'll go to number one Melbourne years.
Speaker 2: Do you know? The other reason I really like Kyle is how loyal he's been to his partner Jackie. But when they do their deals together they get the same money. Yeah, and when he found out that she wasn't on the same money as him back in the day, he had that corrected and I give him praise for that. I really do.
Speaker 1: All of the people we've spoken about. You know you can't be I'll give it a special guy I mentioned called Bob Rogers. Bob Rogers died. Bob died. Time goes so quick. He died this year, Bob, and he was still broadcasting almost right to the end. He was ninety seven. S signed him to a ten year contract when Bob was ninety one. Well, he was incredible. Bob had on He was on two SM back in the day. He was an amazing DJ and he revolution well. He gave the start a start to so many iconic Australian artists, one of which was he discovered Slim Dusty. He was the first first per and DJ anywhere in Australia play pub with no beer. He was. He personally hang out with the Beatles when they came to Australia. But he was he was. You'll never get another Bob Rogers.
Speaker 5: In terms of like like music themed radio was moly meldrum.
Speaker 4: Everyone on radio it was in predominantly TV cover.
Speaker 1: He was predominantly TV. But Jack, I don't know whether originally he was on radio. I might I think he might have been a music journalist in one of the one of the big music magazines down in Melbourne. I don't know. He could have done a bit of radio. I mean he appeared here and there on TV.
Speaker 2: On radio something nonetheless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take him blaze. Let's take a break. We'll come back with Tricia's Quiz. Welcome back to the podcast. Time for Tricia's quizz.
Speaker 2: Okay, this one.
Speaker 7: It's a quiz where each of you will be given a letter and you've got five categories to give me a name of a thing starting with that letter.
Speaker 2: I think they're fairly even. Okay, who wants to go first?
Speaker 1: You explain the rules? One more horses, Dandre.
Speaker 2: Okay, are you that serious?
Speaker 4: You say five things?
Speaker 2: We'll give you a letter. Yeah, okay, let's start with you. Matt. You can go first for not listening. That's your punishment. You get peep.
Speaker 3: You got to get the categori.
Speaker 2: Sorry did you just culwk out?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Explain the rules? One more, very very drovery.
Speaker 4: The hat's gotten.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's going to give you a letter and then she's going to say like a category. You could be like type of headwear and you need to say with pete.
Speaker 2: So there's five and it's a person that gets there's in the quickest. It's not that hard and time starts now. Breed of dog, poodle, item of clothing, pants, type of car, push city outside of Australia, parish hobby paragliding thirteen thirty four.
Speaker 4: That's pretty good, bad drover, not.
Speaker 2: Bad for someone who really struggled with the.
Speaker 1: Just charging.
Speaker 4: All right, Jack, here you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jack, I'm going to give you j okay go. Breed of dog, Jack Russell. Item of clothing, jacket, type of car ju city outside of Australia, Jamaica.
Speaker 5: The city city, yes, Australia was a j JAICAA J Paul.
Speaker 4: Alright, I'm trying to think of what pass.
Speaker 2: Pass hobby jumping city outside of Australia. Think South Africa, Johannesburg. Thank you.
Speaker 1: City.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Jay's not hard.
Speaker 1: That was tough.
Speaker 3: Cut that out seconds of that.
Speaker 1: Letter I got here. We go listen to beg me okay, okay, I'll go.
Speaker 2: I'll go on fe okay, no, I'm going to give you well, just kick me anything. Go Brey dog mal Teesser item of clothing.
Speaker 3: Item of clothing is a UH ship a monocle type car UH Mercedes.
Speaker 2: City outside of Australia.
Speaker 3: Malta, the Country, Manchester hobby.
Speaker 1: Uh mud wrestling.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be bragging. Aims pretty hard, so easy, really, Okay, Matthew, you're a winner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, you'll bring It's time for Recipe the Week. Oh yeah, shit, I did do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hawa is all recipe of the week. I'm making risotto, just my own style of rosotto. A bit of a brainstorm this one. So what you're going to do is going to get some white mushrooms, some onion, and a bit of garlic and cook that in the pan, and then we're going to start chucking some.
Speaker 2: Arboio.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I keep having troubles with this one, pronouncing it a borrower of rice. Chuck it in there, and I wonder you as it sort of starts cooking. I want to prepare before cook up some pumpkin and then once it's roasted pure and then once you've got the rice in, chuck in the pure aid pumpkin in there with a little bit of chicken stock and just keep adding the chicken stock until your rice is cooked, and then add in some peas and some chicken with it, and there you go. Pea chicken garlic, onion, mushroom, humk and chickens.
Speaker 3: People.
Speaker 2: You go, you had Matt until you threw in those pees.
Speaker 1: I saw him not just letting for people too, because you know Jack, when he says it, feel free to go back and just pause for each of the ingredients. But I tell you that sounds that's not the way I prepare.
Speaker 4: The people have to get it one.
Speaker 3: Gay people ask people have asked for it back recipe of the week for six months I and now it's been back for two or three weeks. I want to put it overs and unders. I think when we hit the four week mark, people will be asking us to get rid of it again.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I keep throwing up Cooper's quiz and you know you can't be bothered doing it. You're not really pulling your weight. Well, actually you do pull your weight, but.
Speaker 4: But that's a compliment.
Speaker 6: Actually, Okay, let's go see Austraya's greatest female and male TV actor or personality and what they did best.
Speaker 1: Okay, true, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go with Elizabeth de Becky. She's an Australian actress. She actually just recently won I think it was a golden Globe for her. Work in the Crown. But what I really liked her in and we watched years ago Matt when she was just starting out with Hugh Laurie and the other great guy I love in his early career which I can't remember his name, in The Night Manager. Oh yeah, yeah, that was a great, great series. And you know what, and I went old school for iconic male personality on Telly Paul Hogan The Paul Hogan Show. It was hilarious, It really was. It was a tremendous Tommy Hiddleston.
Speaker 1: Tommy is the other guy in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great series.
Speaker 3: Well, I had my female personality Kerrie and Kennelly, Hey carry how could you forget about doing these days? Result I'm a celebrity, get me out of here long ago, like.
Speaker 1: She's tough about carrying.
Speaker 3: And then our male TV personality, I actually had our man, Angus Samson used to love him on Thank God You're Here. The old Thank God You're Heres was so funny, so Clever kind of lost their ay a little bit now.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what series he's been.
Speaker 3: The Lincoln Lawyer is what he's in now, I know.
Speaker 2: But there's the ausso one that he's just been here filming the final season four with Claudia Carvin. It's a great series bump, Yeah, yeah, that'll be coming out and letting people.
Speaker 1: There is a super guy to a terrific man.
Speaker 3: I went with my females, Colin Minogue Cobb. She was in was it Neighbors or Home and Away?
Speaker 2: Bighbors before your time missed?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know what, she kicked on and she kicked and then I've gone for the kick on actors and I've gone with Chris Hemsworth Home and Away.
Speaker 4: As well, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Haven't they produced some neighbors both of that.
Speaker 4: Robbie was on Home and Away as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to who.
Speaker 2: What's Tody up to?
Speaker 4: Tody's kicking. He's kicking, but he's still on.
Speaker 3: They produced them about what was that twenty about twenty years ago? They haven't produced them since.
Speaker 5: I rekaon, Well Maya Robbie wouldn't have been twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Should have been true. I've gone as far as the female actress, I've gone Paula Duncan from cop Shop in the day and what's the the ads she used to do spray and white, very good in those as well. I used to have a crush on Paula Duncan, but anyway, nonetheless, and the other one is male. I've gone Andrew Denton TV personality off. He was on Blah blah blah. But most famously enough Rope, which I think is one of Australia's greatest ever interview shows.
Speaker 2: It was good, had a great one with Daniel John's I remember that vie.
Speaker 1: And the other one Michael Stipe, the one of the most brilliant interviews of Arim. Michael Stipe was taurus for being uninterested or really short when it come to interviews. So Andrew Danton, through certain people and researchers, found out exactly what his bedroom looked like and redesigned the studio when he walked out to look like his bedroom. Stipe could not creep Styte, could not believe.
Speaker 2: Creepy, who's giving away the information of what his bedroom looks like?
Speaker 1: Well he did. It might have been on an album cover, I don't know, but he really created it. It was. It was a rare moment, very rare moment of June used to get on television.
Speaker 4: Very very interesting. Dude.
Speaker 5: I've seen a docco on him and he hates the sound of his own voice, like really really like you can't listen to it, it makes him cringe.
Speaker 4: You tell people to turn it off.
Speaker 1: Shame on like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. Are we ready for feedback people? Okay, now we can't ignore we have a lot of UK listeners. The Super le Grand Final this weekend and we've got whole KR coach by Australian Willie Peters and.
Speaker 5: Really just this morning when this is being filmed, just received the Coach of the Year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's done really well.
Speaker 2: And there's a young My friend Deb pointed out that young giant Whitbread, young Ossie who went over there to play, is going to be involved in that grand finally's family's flown over for it. It's very exciting. That's fantastic there against Wigan.
Speaker 3: Wow, well, great show today, guys. If you're somehow still listening, thanks listening.
Speaker 2: You just get your ship energy out of this room you are really Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well guys, let me just tell you guys something. It's been. There's been, there's been niche references thinks I've Charlie's wiped her ass all over my foot.
Speaker 2: That was me kicking your foot to move it out of the way. So she could get to me.
Speaker 1: That was true before you got hard.
Speaker 4: Michael.
Speaker 1: Guys, have a good one. We're going to get a spit some wax on someone's driveway. We're going to make some pumpkin rosita. What do you love? All right? The way, that's all we got talked for by By. I'm not going to talk about just happened.