Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any first Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Welcome to close friends, everyone, Thanks for joining us. I have something that I actually wanted to talk about in the main episode, but who ran out of time because we're gas bagging about rent and concerts and kiliminos, neighbors all the rest of it. Look, you know how online you see those radio stations do those little clips? Yes, and they play the game on the radio where you've got to ring in and in thirty seconds you got to like name ten things that start with a certain letter. Yeah, and you win like ten thousand bars. Right, gooded. I fully believe in my heart of hearts that I could win that so easily. Okay, here's a little clip just so you get the gist of what's happening. I won't play the whole thing, you'll get it really quickly. But here have a listen to this.
Speaker 3: We need to name something you'd find in the laundry washing machine, a day of the week Wednesday, a breakfast food, we pick an animal, Wallaby, a boy's name, Walter, something you drink water.
Speaker 2: So the point of that video is she says all of that, and then at the end they confirm whether water hose is actually a part of a car, and they have to ring a mechanic cuts to re wheel. Yes, for sure, but water hose. A mechanic rings in and goes, yeah, that's that's good, and she wins the ten thousand dollars or whatever. Now my thing is, though, just on that name of a movie, Where's Wally?
Speaker 4: I couldn't think of one.
Speaker 2: Just then, no, Where's Wally not? I would have said Wolf of Fourth Street, But no, Where's Wally is not a movie. I googled it. So she she actually didn't deserve her ten thousand dollars. But I see these all the time, and my whole life have been like, I could surely do this easily. So I thought, charlenge for the day you, I've written down the ten things that we've got to get, and you're gonna have to read them out. They're on the screen for you. But obviously you get to pick any letter.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel like it all depends on the letter that you get as well, because I think there's some easy ones and some hard ones.
Speaker 2: Right, And I've made these general for like every they could because because one of the things there was a supermarket, so I haven't included that because there's only so many supermarkers.
Speaker 4: You're cheating because you know the questions already.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you can feel free to make up like other ones. But I promise I haven't done my research in advance, like I wrote this last night.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do what you've done, but just add in a few different ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, go for your life.
Speaker 4: Just give me two seconds.
Speaker 2: And then what I'm going to do is I'm going to set the timer, and the timer starts after you say the first after you finish saying the first one, okay, and I have thirty seconds, and let's just say if I get them all in thirty seconds, I would hypothetically win ten thousand dollars. Then it's your turn to do exactly this same thing. Okay, right, are you ready to go? Because I'm ready to go. I've got my thirty second time already, and it starts after you read the first ten things, right, yeah, and you've got to give me a letter, and then you got to say and then you've got to do it all.
Speaker 1: I can't think it's the last one. Okay, yep, I got it? Okay, all right here?
Speaker 4: What letter should I do? Go like this and tell me?
Speaker 2: Well, you can just say that because I don't know the things? Okay, and you got to be quick. You gotta be quick when you read out. Let's go tea. Okay, here we go go. It starts when you.
Speaker 1: Use the first one, two three, an animal, turtle, a girl's name Teresa, a car, part tire, a.
Speaker 4: Bondie part tongue, a movie.
Speaker 5: The hangover, a celebrity Tina Turner, a food, tomato, a drink, oh.
Speaker 4: Tea, something you find in your house.
Speaker 2: Television, a song, the anthem.
Speaker 4: You got it?
Speaker 2: Four seconds to go? This is what I mean. I've just one ten thousand bloody dollars last.
Speaker 4: So now are you ten? Grand?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Helleenvoice you later? How good was that? Why? All right? Well?
Speaker 4: Then okay we'll do a different a different letter.
Speaker 2: Go again, do another letter. I reckon, I could do this again. Let's go b oh, hang on, yep. Ready, set when you're ready.
Speaker 4: Ready, set go, an animal, bird, a girl's.
Speaker 1: Name Belinda, a car part, boot a body part.
Speaker 2: Oh Bone, a movie, bridemaids.
Speaker 5: A celebrity Beyonce, food, burger, a drink, a drink, blue parade.
Speaker 1: Something you find in your house, a box, a song, big booty bitches.
Speaker 4: You got it again? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh beer? So true?
Speaker 4: So twenty seconds you did?
Speaker 2: You have left that time? Or again?
Speaker 4: What the hell?
Speaker 2: Okay, so now it's your attorney.
Speaker 4: Ready, Yeah, do you want to read?
Speaker 2: I've got these ones here?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Okay, so your letter is m You need to name a movie, mean Girls, a body.
Speaker 4: Part, muscle, a song, Mama Mia.
Speaker 2: Something you find in your house, mits, something you drink.
Speaker 6: Mango, tou, an animal, meacat, a boy's name Matt, a sweet food, mango, a girl's name Meghan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got six seconds left. This is what I mean, Like, surely we're winning this.
Speaker 1: I think people are cracking under pressure when they know they're like on the radio, how do I stop that?
Speaker 4: And when I said, I meant like oven mitt.
Speaker 2: All right, like I feel like I don't know, like do we do one more?
Speaker 4: Like you do one more for me?
Speaker 2: Okay now we're wing.
Speaker 1: F. That is so hard. Well, I can't think of a movie starting with F.
Speaker 4: Can you no one?
Speaker 2: That's probably the point, Okay, I try Friday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just thought of that too.
Speaker 2: All right, then we'll do we'll do j oh a movie, skip a body part, skip a song, Skip something you'd find in your house, jelly, something you drink, jelly, a jaguar, A boy's name, jesse, a sweet food, jelly beans, a girl's name Jessica, a movie you're out of time? That hard, I would have said, Jamanji Jamaldi. Oh yeah, joker, a body part I don't a joint, okay, and a song just dance. See that's a hard alright, give me a hard letter, then last chance, Here we go, a hard letter. Why have you got your oh? For fox sake? All right? Then?
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 4: Set go? An animal?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, that's hard, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Skip a girl's name orlander, a car part, a y axis, a body part, a movie.
Speaker 2: You only live once? Celebrity what celebrity orlander? Foster? Wait is that a name orlanda? I did that one?
Speaker 4: A food?
Speaker 2: See?
Speaker 4: I think it depends on the letter that I think they do Okay, one more for you. Okay, give me a.
Speaker 2: Hard letter that's not fucking a Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, are you ready?
Speaker 1: An animal hard bark, A girl's name Ashley, a car part, oh, a body part, a movie, a walk to remember, a celebrity Ashley Chisdale.
Speaker 4: Us food, apple, a drink, oh Applelespitz, something you find in your house.
Speaker 2: Armchair, a song all about the bass.
Speaker 4: A car part, Oh see you.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm not as good as it as I thought.
Speaker 4: It depends on the letter.
Speaker 2: Wow, there you go. Well, anyway, I would have won ten thousand dollars if we did it the first time.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, you got the first one as well. We both would be ten thousand dollars richer. That'd pay me rent.
Speaker 1: Now for any of you that aren't with it, fucking get with it. Because we have a broadcast channel on Instagram. If you go to Matt's profile and you click on the little thing that says scrollers, is it scrollers or scrollers scrollers chat join the Scrollers Instagram broadcast channel because we chat with you in there every single week. You get the sneak peaks of what's coming out. And we asked in there if anyone has any questions for us or things that you know they want to hear us talk about. So let's just jump straight into it. Matt, why did you stop making Sandra videos? They were hilarious and I would love to see her come back.
Speaker 2: I mean so many reasons. One so it was two parts here. The verst is as an artist, as a creator, as a creative person, you just go through ebbs and flows of what you want to create. And Sandra just doesn't not align with me anymore and can't really be bothered with her. I think she's like a bit redundant. I also kind of love the fact that Sandra is so iconic for like my OG kind of YouTube subscribers and followers back in the day. Like there've been people from the last four or five six years who have joined me and I haven't done Sandra videos, so they don't know who Sandra is. And I think that's kind of nice that there are OG followers who are a part of the Sandra life time.
Speaker 1: I also feel like those skip videos don't it's at the same time on the Internet that it was back then.
Speaker 2: And then the other part is as well that I think a part of me was really jealous because people actually liked me more than her, and if I didn't make a Sandra video, they wouldn't engage with the content, and they wouldn't. People would not People would see a video from me and it wouldn't be Sandra, and they weren't interested. They only wanted Sandra. And I was like, fuck this bitch. I don't want her around, get rid of her, kill her off. So I sent her a bora bora in the pandemic and she never came back. She got stuck over there because the borders closed. And she's still over there now. She's met a man, she's living her best life, but she will not be returning because it's just it's a part of history and that chapter is closed.
Speaker 1: Someone else has said, I reckon you guys should have an advice segment or something where us scroll is send in voice recordings or messages and you give us advice or react to our crazy stories on certain topics. I would love that for sure, and I think sending in the voice message would make it even better rather than like emailing us. And I thought I would just say, now you can DM either of us, and we will save that shit for high scrollers. And I'll also say, if you send in a voice message but you're conscious of the fact that your voice will be on the pod, we can have producer Hannah change what your voice sounds like. We can do the whole voice changing thing so that you're unrecognizable.
Speaker 2: I will say before you go any further, if you do want a voice record, voice memo it on your phone and send it as an email to the email address because Instagram's new safety features may not let you send more than one message out of it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, do it in your voice notes app and then send it to our email. And please know we will one hundred percent censor your voice.
Speaker 2: Say that in the email, say I'd prefer you to put a voice effect on. If you don't say that, we will just play it normally.
Speaker 1: But I absolutely love that and we'd love to get people's fucked up stories.
Speaker 2: And also it goes without saying, but anything you in the voice recording canon will be used on the podcast. So if you do need to leave out details, don't put them in the voice recording.
Speaker 1: As someone said, I'm just like picking the little messages in here that have got lots of love hearts on them. So that means other people want to hear it. Ye, how has doing the podcast together changed your friendship? And this is a really interesting question because I have a rule, well it's not really a rule, but I have this thing. Obviously, I'm in business, so I have this rule with my life that I don't mix mix friendship and business. So I will say when this whole idea of high scrollers came about, I did have like my certain reservations kind of thing about doing this with you, Matt, just because I obviously value friendship more than like working together kind of thing. But I would say, like, it's been nothing but positive between us. And also I think it works for us in the sense that we come here every Monday, talk shit, and then we go home and that's it. I think it would be a different story if we were doing this podcast together, let's say, at your house, and then we were sharing the editing, or if we were doing all like the nitty gritty stuff and editing the videos and editing the podcast. So I would say that has been good because we're quite literally just showing up, talking shit and going home. So shout out to Nova and producer Hannah for editing our podcast. For us, because I think that would be when it would be trickier if we were trying to do it all together. But in saying that, I think we would just figure it out still regardless.
Speaker 2: I think that's like why people I guess that work together who are friends have an issue is because one person I guess pulls their weight more than the other person, and so that's kind of where issues form. And so like I've had working relationships in the past where I feel like I'm just working so much harder or more dedicated or xyz compared to.
Speaker 1: And that's where it would become tricky, and then that's when the friendship would be tarnish.
Speaker 2: Exactly, whereas we just kind of have a very equal balance each week. How it works is you will send all of your kind of ideas that you source for the week, and I sometimes have a few, but we mainly just like have what you have seen throughout the week, and then I fill out the brief and then we get here and then we talk shit for a couple hours and then that's it. So yeah, same as you, nothing but positive, So glad we touch food so far, well, yeah, I don't. I also don't foresee anything like being an issue. You know what I mean, because it's all very simple. But that's credit to Nova and Hannah and the team here as well as us just being fucking legends exactly right.
Speaker 1: The last one is and it has seventeen little love hearts on it. A lot of people personally, I'd love for you guys to announce a tour asap, and there was a couple of ones like that, well, no, we have nothing to announce.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I didn't mean to get everyone excited.
Speaker 2: You go, what have we done? Have I missed the meeting Love? I was like, where are we going?
Speaker 6: Love?
Speaker 1: No, we definitely want to do a High Scrollers live show, and it is something we've had just a few little internal convos about, but we don't want to get anyone too excited just yet.
Speaker 4: Although you did do.
Speaker 1: A poll in the broadcast channel last week just to see where everyone is because we'd love to get ideas, and I think let's actually go back to that. So we had Melbourne was the number one, Sydney was not far behind, followed by Brisbane then Newcastle, so they're the top four.
Speaker 2: I will say I think Newcastle I accidentally at a little later, like like I put them all up, and then I was like, oh shit, I forgot Newcastles, and then I put it in five minutes later.
Speaker 4: Maybe people voted voted Sydney first.
Speaker 1: But like, I don't want to say it's definitely coming, but like it's definitely going to happen one day, hopefully.
Speaker 2: One day in the future.
Speaker 4: Yes, not this year.
Speaker 2: This year's done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this year.
Speaker 1: If you ask me, fuck, this year's over it. You want to start anything new, Let's.
Speaker 4: Can talk about it next year, for sure.
Speaker 1: Well that's it for close friends. Anything else you want to add at the end, Matt.
Speaker 2: No, nothing except see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Peace out, doggies. I can't believe I just said that.
Speaker 2: It's so it's if you know, you know, and if.
Speaker 4: You don't know what I just said, don't even ask. It just took me back