Speaker 1: What happens when two of the most iconic Australian things combined, you get.
Speaker 2: This banger of a remake. You vegimind and the Wiggles was the combination we all need. Please welcome a couple of Wiggles into the studio.
Speaker 3: Good eight guy, Good morning, Good morning, a couple of Wiggles, A couple of Wiggles and Simon, Welcome to the show. How are we great?
Speaker 2: Thank you great to chat me this morning.
Speaker 4: What's been happening happening in Wiggles world?
Speaker 2: We've been eating a lot of vegemi vegemit. Yes, actually jokes sosiety.
Speaker 3: You're getting hooked up with a fear free sample too many.
Speaker 2: You know, we did a promo thing and all the vegemite jars had our names on them. Oh that's crud.
Speaker 1: And then they also sent us more vegemite for our family. So I have about five different at the moment.
Speaker 4: Are you guys jar people? Because I quite like the squeezy part. You don't have to put a knife in it squeezes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that says a lot squeeze. I'm a jar, I'm a jar guy. Yeah it makes sense for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're an original.
Speaker 2: You're an ij Well, how do you have your vegimi? It's on toast, butter and a light spread, A.
Speaker 1: Light spread, I see. I love Vegemi so much. I just do a lot, but I do it with butter. I do Vegemi cheese, do Vegimi Soldiers.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, Simon, I heard a very funny story about you the other and I don't want to be done. I don't want to embarrass you, but I've got three young boys. But it made me feel pretty crap about the birthday parties I have put.
Speaker 2: On from my kids over the years.
Speaker 3: Would you like to tell the guys how much of a high roller you are when it comes to curring kids parties?
Speaker 2: Yes? Well, well it was as a complete accident. So I was having a birthday which was a big number. It was fifty. Well, originally it was my birthday and Lauren and I my wife, and I got married at Luna Park and we went, okay, let's get have my birthday party at Luna Park from my fiftieth and have a big party. Now we booked the venue. We could never get the right date because of all the touring and everything have a going on, and so we just kept putting it back and back and back until it no longer made sense to have my fiftieth birthday. But we paid a deposit, a substantial amount of money deposit, and so then it was Ash's third birthday coming up, and so we ended up having ashes third birthday at Luna Park with everyone getting their wristbands having the you know on the right.
Speaker 3: That's iconic, I know, But how did the other parents feel? That would have been like, how is this guy bloody rolling into the school?
Speaker 2: And see, these are all parents I've never met before day care and so they're all coming for the first time. I didn't know them, they're all coming along.
Speaker 4: And yes, also you're an og Wiggle. If I was a parent, I would make my kid be friends with your kid because I would expect it to be an amazing.
Speaker 3: Especially after that power move.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well we're in the park now, I have a little bit of soccer in a jumping cast downhill.
Speaker 3: Welcome to reality, kid, Yeah that's right.
Speaker 4: What happens like when the Wiggles have little kids around, like kids must just stare at you in absolute awe, like do they think you're the party entertainment?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean yes, I think so I tend to I tend to end up having to look after a lot of children a birthday parties, yeah, with a lot of children, but also children when you're not in your colors. They really, depending on their age, don't really know. But see what's life like for you? How I mean it's it's sort of it's actually in the blood.
Speaker 1: It actually is. My dad is Anthony for context for anyone it doesn't know. He actually never he was never the star at my birthday parties. I will say he wasn't he Actually he chose to stay at the barbecue and yeah, which is fair enough.
Speaker 2: So it was there he's a blue wiged was there some sort of ceremony like a skivvy handing over ceremony? It's like the baggy.
Speaker 1: No, it was it was actually it was quite rushed, really. They were changing the lineup and I got a call. I was at my cousin's place and it actually wasn't even Dad's idea. Uh, and he was like, we're changing the lineup. Would you like to be a blue wiggle? Of course I said yes. Two weeks later I was in the recording studio. So wow, no special ceremony.
Speaker 3: But growing up. Like I mentioned before, I got three young boys. They don't really care what I do for a living, Like, you know, it's just not cool to your kids. Like do you remember growing up and did you care that dad was part of one of the biggest groups in the world.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think I understood how big it was, honestly, and looking back at it now, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, whoa, well, but did you listen to the Wiggles.
Speaker 1: I did, for sure.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 1: I was actually Dorothy's biggest fan, no offense, Dad, Yes, I was Dorothy's biggest fan, and I loved coming to the show. It was a tradition every year, end of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are there any new additions coming? Like we've got the Tree, We've got Wags, We've got Dorothy, We've got Because I once came on set of The Wiggles when I was working on Kids w B. I got to go on the set and do it dance. I thought I was auditioning, and I never got a call back.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Well you never know that we need sometimes if somebody is sick.
Speaker 3: No, No, you were quite a second ago saying you don't.
Speaker 2: Need any more someone's sick. Feeling we've got mighty the vegemite mascot.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be mighty.
Speaker 3: You've got those mighty strong legs about I want to be you are a mighty girl.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll feel in as mighty if you need amy.
Speaker 2: Look at those.
Speaker 3: Mighty strong legs, a little mighty you.
Speaker 2: Is that they're wearing a blinged up version? Is that the club version or it.
Speaker 1: Could be known as that. Yes, it's kind of like fully transitioned into the sparkles now.
Speaker 2: Here we have it was a little every now and then and now we're just go full sparkle. But these originally these skips originally designed on Rugby League jerseys, the Tigers, and now we're waiting for the West Tigers and the Rugby League teams and to start putting on there. I think you really love that.
Speaker 3: Have you got a have you got a mesh version or rash shirt type?
Speaker 2: Johnny? And where's Jeff?
Speaker 4: Is he still sleeping?
Speaker 2: He's at the Suddy Valley Retirement Village.
Speaker 1: They don't wake him up, which is.
Speaker 2: Great every now and then.
Speaker 3: Jeff for we will guys, thanks very much for joining us. And hey have a great Christy as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah you too, great to talk to you guys. Take care.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, Lauren, wake up feeling good, follow on the social and settle batter