Speaker 1: She said, it's now never I got fighting in my blood.
Speaker 2: I'm tiff.
Speaker 3: This is Roll with the Punches and we're turning life's hardest hits into wins.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to go to court, and don't.
Speaker 3: My friends at test Art Family Lawyers know that they offer all forms of alternative dispute resolution. Their team of Melbourne family lawyers have extensive experience in all areas of family law to facto and same sex couples, custody and children, family violence and intervention orders, property settlements and financial agreements. Test Art is in your corner, so reach out to Mark and the team at www dot test Artfamilylawyers dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Or Brithorne. Welcome to Roll with the Punches.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you for having me on so blindly know.
Speaker 2: What I'm excited.
Speaker 3: I like I love a bit of woo woo and you do a bit of woo woo.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the term woo woo? Do you hate it?
Speaker 4: No? I don't care. I personally I like one woo. I you know, woo woo is a little much, but who I kind of I kind of don't whine. I think it wins. Who's Who's saying it and in what spirit, you know, like anything cliche or trade, it becomes that way. But you know, all in all, we need, we seem to need a label for everything. So if you know the term woo woo helps some people, you know, embrace the more esoteric, mysterious side of life, then hey, use it.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I love a bit of woo woo, so woo. I'm gonna call it woo from now. And I love a bit of woo. I don't want to come in over the top.
Speaker 3: I was having a little So we got introduced by Cam McDonald, doctor Cam McDonald's regular on the show, He's Amazing.
Speaker 2: Was recently talking.
Speaker 3: To him on one of our other shows about a very woo a little retreat that he went on and a great experience he had, and I was telling you actually talking about it with a friend this morning, and I love and I think that you will fall in the same place because when he mentioned you and I had a quick look. You incorporate a whole range of different things, and one of those things is pH three sixty. That's epigenetic personalized health coaching, which I also do. So a lot of my listeners, maybe not everyone listening right now. But a lot of my listeners are familiar with that, and that's a science. And then you've got astrology, and you probably should tell me all the other things. Give me a give us all an introduction to Aubreythorne.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I mean you got it. It's I basically hobbled together every personalizing modality that i've that you know, that I find has integrity and depth. And yeah, that's what it looks like today. It looks like astrology, evolutionary astrology to be specific, probably, and I can explain what that is a little bit of medical astrology becoming more and more the more I start combining astrology with health coaching. The pH three sixty fits really beautifully and with these other personalization systems, and then I lead quite a bit of breath work for groups. So I you know, I'm sort of after anything that helps people shift into a healthier state of consciousness or a happier state of being pretty pretty quickly. And astrology is my you know what I use as the shortcut to short sort of like just cut out all the overthinking and the like the over cycle, you know, the too much psychology in the head. Let's just get to the awareness piece and turn on the lights for who you are. And astrology does that better than anything I've ever found. And I've sort of been on this personal, personalized health and happiness journey for thirty years. And it started with Chinese medicine, and so I started off in private practice as an acupuncturist, and just that's what really kind of turned turned me on to this whole idea of people's health, kind of living on a level that was beyond the body. And ever since then, I've just been in love with energetic medicine, energetic practices, the whole bet.
Speaker 2: When people land at your doorstep.
Speaker 3: Looking at astrology specifically, do you find and I guess as the ones who are maybe new to be introduced to it, Like someone goes, Okay, what's this astrology?
Speaker 2: Think, I'm going to find an astrologist. I'm going to learn about it, talk about it.
Speaker 3: What's the expectation or what do people tend to be seeking? And I'd love to know. I guess how do we different? How do we have agency in our lives and take responsibility and also lean on things like astrology and spiritual types of practices that almost give us a path right of an ospiving one.
Speaker 4: Okay, uh, there's few a few, I think a few points in there. One is the people that land at my doorstep are usually the curious ones to begin with. So it's people who are doing a significant amount of self seeking, whether that and that could be in any any wu direction, or it could be through therapy or any psychological practices. Though these are seekers to begin with, you don't get a lot of skeptics knocking on the door. The other piece of it, which I'm glad you actually highlighted, is that this this thing called astrology is just a language, and people speak at an old different kinds of ways. So there are some some schools of astrology. They speak in a very deterministic, predictive way. You know, you're a Taurus and you have a Harry's moon, and that means you always blah blah blah, and you should never date a Scorpio. And so there's all these very deterministic ways that people can use astrology or feel feel that that's astrology's role. I think that's a misuse of astrology, and it is. It's actually where astrology has gotten a lot of it's bad rap, right because Nobody likes to be pegged. No one likes to be told you're this, you're that, you know you should never marry this, or that, you know. We were intelligently resistant to being pegged like that. What drew me to astrology, specifically evolutionary astrology, was the fact that it was the natal chart would describe all of these tendencies a lot like the pH three sixty describes a lot of tendencies. Right, there's your genetics and then there's your epigenetics. Right. Not every person with the same set of genes turns into the same kind of person with the same sort of health outcomes, health experiences, the whole bit. A lot of it depends on our lifestyle, which is, you know, a fancy word for choices. So astrology is much the same way where we could boil someone down to twelve of the Sun sign types, twelve of the Moon sign types, twelve of the Venus sign tips, and go through other planets. So you've like all these combinations, and each person is going to use those tendencies in a completely different way, depending on the external conditions they're born into, depending on the people they hang out with, depending on the struggles they encounter. You know, what they have to do versus what they can do. So all of that kind of elicits pretty much nothing but free will.
Speaker 3: I have done a little not done. I've been interested in human design previously. I'd heard about that before, and I know one percent of it, but I like the I it interests me and intrigues me. And one thing as you were talking, one thing I had done recently was looking at the correlations between who is to the activator in pH Three sixty and what does that mean behaviorally, and then aligning that with also who is tiff in human design and what tendencies come and overlap and overlay. And it's really interesting how there's so many different systems that we can start to.
Speaker 2: Understand our tendencies.
Speaker 3: And it's for me as both a seeker and a skeptic, a healthy doses of both. It's really nice to explore different things and see them overlap and go, oh that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes sense too.
Speaker 3: We've all got these different things, different areas we can look at to learn about ourselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the point is to learn about ourselves. It's it's to use a tool or a language in a way that sparks some insates, right, It's the whole point is insates not just a big fire hose of information. That's why I can't stand when people like speak like speak astrology like you know, it's it's uh. We can't just sort of spew a bunch of information at people. This is an awareness tool. The whole point is to get somebody to see themselves in a way that suddenly feels actually very true, and then they can't unsee it. And then from that picture of truth, there there tend to be lots of aha moments that kind of just continue to unfold throughout life, where you see yourself behaving in a certain way, you're like, oh, that's what south Noe libra means because you see it in action. But you wouldn't see it in action unless someone had shined a spotlight on this amazing thing called a natal chart. So it's for me the way I use it, it's all about consciousness. It's like, do you see yourself fully? And can you continue to see yourself more and more and more fully because the whole, the whole, that's the whole point. The whole point is to see see all the little pieces of ourselves that we're either not using and that need to be expressed, or that we're overusing and we're causing damage and self sabotage because we just keep on doing the same old thing. You know, But if the whole point is to see it, then you see it and then you make a new choice.
Speaker 2: Much like I guess.
Speaker 3: Other the labels, you know, like mental health labels and personality labels can astrology if this if the person like yourself, I don't know, astrologer or practitioner.
Speaker 2: Or whatever the I mean? Yeah, if.
Speaker 3: Are you responsible for ensuring that that these these labels don't become anchors and excuses rather than insights and ways that can unlock choices of behavior.
Speaker 2: They think about. You know, we go, oh, like I'm a tourist.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm just stubborn, you know how we like to go, Yeah, well I'm under I'm adhd so I'm always this instead of using it in a way to go I understand I have a tendency for this type of behavior, so I can do this, this and this about it is the same or no.
Speaker 4: It should be, Yeah it should be. It's it doesn't tend again, it doesn't. That's that's not the way I see it most popularly being spoken about and used. I am. I teach in a school to train other astrologers to become a professional astrologers, and they're the most brilliant students, and yet everyone, including myself, sometimes has to stop in their tracks and say, wait a second, I'm doing the labeling thing of astrology. It's a very easy trap to fall into because that's kind of how we've always known astrology in this label lee way. What I try to do is to constantly remember that it's not that you're a Taurus. Are you a Taurus?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, good guess okay before that, that it's not that you are a Taurus. It's that you came here to learn how to be a fantastic taurtis. You came here to learn how to do Taurus like at the highest level. And if I do my job correctly in a reading, what you leave with is the very clear sense of what it looks like when you're doing a great job making high choices for your chart, and what it looks like when you're not. And that's what you see and you're like, oh, so that that's stuckness, then that Taurus like stasis that Taurus loves to be comfortable and likes to be practical and kind of don't don't make any changes here. You can see when you're making that choice for stability out of maybe like a fear response, a fear of change, a fear of you know, just not liking change, or you can see when it's adding practical value to the situation. There's no one way to be a good Taurus. It's just that are you in the situation or the context specific you know event, and what's called for? Like are you are you doubling down and repeating old patterns or does does your excellent skill set come in handy right now?
Speaker 2: I love that. I love that. That's really cool. You mentioned evolutionary astrology astrology before. Can you talk about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's a it's a name that was so it was. It's a Western astrology, just like we know astrology as opposed to like you know, Asian forms of astrology, Chinese astrology, betach astrology. Western astrology tends to be very psychological. Evolutionary astrology has this added layer to it a real well, it's a it's a real it's a specific lens that it basically says, every single person is able to grow through through their natal chart. It's so My teacher, Stephen Forrest, was one of the founders of evolutionary astrology, and he's the one who, for the first time when I heard him talk about astrology, was the one who loosened up these labels and taught me like, oh, I mean, I'm not a pisces. I'm learning how to bet a pisce's I'm growing into becoming a better and better and better and more well expressed pisces. So it's an evolutionary astrology is an astrology of consciousness. Ultimately, it's to help people grow, to help people heal, and to help people make really great choices based on who they individually are and what they individually need because everybody, everybody's version of everything is so different on their natal chart. No one person's fear is the same as another person's fear. No one's person's courage is the same as another person's courage. No one's relationship like karma is the same as another person's relationship karma. And that's another big piece of evolutionary astrology is like, is what did you incarnate with? What lessons did you did you were you born with? What issues did you come in with? What automatic reaction to life was yours when you came in there? We all have an emotional reaction to life. It's instant. It's anyone who's ever met a baby, that first two three seconds of life. We see there's a personality there, there's someone home, and so you know, you can suppose that that personality, that sort of automatic reaction to life from another time and place or space. Now that said people have to like fall like right into and buy into reincarnation, but it is it is a big piece of the puzzle that I think makes perfect sense.
Speaker 2: What about the medical astrology.
Speaker 4: So I I love medical astrology because it kind of was the first that was that was more how astrology was initially used. I mean it astrology as it was practiced in the medieval times and before and you know, during the early Renaissance, you know, before the before the Enlightenment. It was it was medical astrology. It was well, there was a lot of predictive work, but there was a lot of using it to figure out how the human body worked and how the human body sort of syncd up with seasons, and to understand the different energetics of the body as they went out of balance, you know or not or you know, there was a lot of there. There was a lot of correlation between the natural world and the human experience, and that was translated really forensically, like very in a very detailed way into what we now know is medical astrology. But it's it's just these old correlations that go way way back that that that take each each sign of the zodiac and each planet and assigned body parts and body functions to to the symbols in the chart, and you can tell a lot about someone's innate strengths and weaknesses and maybe like genetic tendencies. Not I don't use it in such a detailed way that maybe other medical astrologers are emboldened to use it because I'm not a classical medical astrologer. In the classical they've practiced more in an ancient Greek kind of way. They're they're going to dive a lot more boldly and deeply into the territory of sort of reading a chart to say, oh, you need more warm drinks this month, and be careful when you're walking, and you know, they'll get very detailed about it, which can be helpful, and I would imagine with the wrong client could make you quite neurotic to so what I what I'll bring this home. But what I really love about the medical astrology piece is you can see where and how someone might get easily stressed, and that could be mental stress, or physical stress, or even spiritual stress. When we can describe the nature and potential of how someone experiences stress, we've just gone a long way towards how to mitigate stress. And since stress is like eighty ninety percent of the root cause for all chronic disease, you know, untreated, that's where I really fall in love with medical astrology, where like I can talk to someone about their stress, what may be causing it, how to remedy it, best practices for this particular person versus that person, that person, that person, and sort of it kind of Deboogyman's stress, Right, Stress is not just this one thing that we're all trying to avoid. That that's how we talk about it, you know, like, hey, Tiffany, you got to avoid stress or lower that stress or it's so generalized, But how you experience stress or have a relationship to stress is completely different than I experience stress. It's like it doesn't. It might not even it might be so different it might deserve a completely different name. So that's how I use medical astrology to look at that that innate level of potential weakness or things that drain drain us like how to and how to how to stop the drain, support the weakness, and maybe like play up the strengths in someone's physiology or someone's like constitution.
Speaker 3: How did you come across pH v sixt And what was the draw card for you?
Speaker 2: What made you want to explore this.
Speaker 3: And how has it overlayed what you know about medical astrology?
Speaker 4: So I came across pH three sixty. I believe I was taking a course with an Australian astrologer and naturopath, Kira Sutherland, and I really I really love her work and the way, you know, I sort of love everything she does. And she might have mentioned blah blah blah health types or blah blah blah decision health like I don't even know, because I've taken so many of her courses, but I'm sure I looked it up. That would be the only way I would have found it and guessing and yeah, I'm pretty sure it was through Kira. It was a fantastic She is more of a classical medical astrologer as opposed to the way I'm using it. I'm using it in a very evolutionary astrology way where I want I want to arm people with not that she doesn't. She does all of that. She arms people and empowers them to do what they can to. Why don't I can't. I can't speak for her. I don't know what she does. She's brilliant. She's brilliant, she knows what she's doing. And I have tried to learn from her and then apply it to my evolutionary astrology ideas, which is, where are you leaking energy and repeating that Haber habits and causing yourself stress? And what can you do about it? And then so the pH three So it has been let's see, we have the health types sort of framework, and we have the astrological framework, and I, honestly I don't try to overlap them at all. I tried for years to overlap like Chinese medicine, Chinese astrology and Western astrology, and I drove myself batshit crazy, like I was. I was. It's impossible. It's like trying to constantly compare French and German and see how they overlap root word wise and how they don't. And after a certain point you're like, who cares, Like, let this one be a language and this one be a language, right, So I don't really overlap them. What I do is I kind of dip in and out depending on how depends on what somebody needs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling that over over the course of time, I will start to seem more overlap, especially in the psychological profile parts of the gauge three sixty. You know, there's really interesting psychological insights and reflections. Yeah, but I don't see any overlap between say, like you know, all diplomats tend to be Taurus and Capricorn. I don't see that at all. I see every possible element being represented in the precision health types, and it doesn't seem to correlate really. So that's not to say that it doesn't somewhere, but I haven't I haven't cracked it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does it give you.
Speaker 3: More clarity or is it like, how do you know which of the two to lean into when you're dealing with somebody? Or is it is it personality wise that dictates which of the two modalities you want to speak to more.
Speaker 4: Uh. Now, it's it's pretty much like what's someone looking for in my coaching. So if they've got like for my weight loss clients, I'm I use pH three point I sort of point them to pH three sixty much more right. We have a lot to look at in the natal chart, but when it comes to figuring out like what foods are right for somebody, we go to pH three sixty or movement like the natal chart will say. The natal chart will say you need to move, you need to move, and you need to move your big muscle groups like like thighs and glutes and like. I can see that in the natal chart, but pH three sixty is going to get much more detailed about your whole your whole body and different ways to move it. Right, Because I'm not a trainer, so I'm not going to try to advise someone from natal chart you know, how they should move their body. And I'm also non a nutritionist, so I probably could pass an exam in mind at this point, but I'd mean much more comfortable pointing someone to the pH three sixty so they can individualize their diet as opposed to a natal chart where I could say, you know, you have a sweet tooth problem. It's just baked in, like it's in your nature, like loving sweets, loving carbs, the sort of hormonal things like this is in your nature. And I can sort of describe pretty intricately why that is and what it looks like behaviorally. But we go over to pH three sixty if we really want to do something about it and they have some support in their pocket, yeah, so I you know, and if someone doesn't really have you know, a lot of people have their health pretty well dialed in, you know, not everyone needs a health coach, so they're gonna you know, I have one client who's I mean, I think she only opened up pH three six to the Shay app to figure out her chronobiology because we're working on her sleep, but everything else she's like, I got that right. She's got the diet part, she's got the exercise, you know, she's but she's not sleeping. So did that answer your question?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What are some surprising for us not fluent in astrology? It is definitely me and I'm sure a lot of listeners. What are some things that it can help with God with What do people get out of it that, yeah, that might surprise us.
Speaker 4: Okay, so I don't know what will surprise people, but I can just tell you that.
Speaker 2: I'm just tell us all of the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you can use this magical wheel. I'm sure everyone has at least seeing the circle with all the little pie pieces and all the little symbols that scatter around. You can use that in pretty much any possible way or you know, life contexts that you want. There are financial astrologers that there are people that work the stock market according to astrology. I don't know how to do. Yeah, here are people that you can use astrology to understand world events. You can use astrology to you can literally use it to understand like this conversation we could have. I could pull up a chart and be like, Okay, what's really going on with this conversation, what's the nature of it? If I want to understand like a moment in time. But for the work I do, most people find their way into a consultation with me because because of a handful of things, they're at a life stage where they feel that things are changing and they don't know what's next, and there's this sort of sense of uncertainty and question about the where am I going? Right? So I call it having a case of the in betweens, and someone's neither here nor there and is trying to get some a sense of grounding or where they are, because sometimes, you know, we go through periods of time that are confusing and ungrounding, and so astrology does a really good job of saying this thing, this period of time will last for X amount of weeks, months, years, blah blah blah, blah blah. It'll give someone a sense of not being in indefinite uncertainty. So I can I can say, And I can also tell someone not me. Any astrologer, if you know they know what they're doing well, can tell someone this is the reason, this is the this is the nature of what you're meant to be experiencing right now, whether it's some kind of loss or confusion or breakup or addiction or you know, frustration, whatever, whatever life experiences. We can we can frame it in the context that's evolutionary, meaning everybody came in to work out how to use this whole magical set of symbols in a very highly conscious way. And so but we don't have to do we don't get to perfect the whole thing all at once. Thank god. I mean that would be really crazy, right, we have life stages here verse we're fifteen and we have all the awkwardness of that, but then hopefully we have a couple of victories, and then we get to be seventeen and then twenty one, and along the way we're unfolding ourselves. So astrology maps this unfolding really nicely, and we unfold our entire life, where just our whole life is. This is a never ending cycle made up of smaller cycles. And when those are described for somebody, they kind of know where they are in that cycle. They know where they are in time and space, and so they can get more grounded so that you can find your life. Purpose is a big you know, that's a big buzzword or term, right. Everyone wants their purpose to find meaning in their life or their work. Relationships are a big topic of how to have better relationships, whether that's with a romantic partner or finding a romantic partner, you know what. That process isn't always a straight line for people to put it wildly now, for how to get along with their children, But some of my favorite work is working with parents to sort of point out and be like, hey, hey, this person is not you like you know, and that is like like, oh my god, they aren't. I'm like, no, they are so different. They have different needs. They're little. These are little people with different needs, and this is what it looks like when they're quiet, when they're talkative, when they're frustrated. And it's a very helpful map for parenting, great for couples. Let's see what else you know. You can use it to figure out where to live. There's a thing called astrocartography or astrolocation, and you can use your natal chart to learn about your relationship to every single piece of the globe and how each little piece of this Earth's land like relates to you, you specifically as opposed to me. Like it'll explain or give like really really yeah, it can give very good explanation for why you feel a certain way on certain land or why you really had like a terrible relationship you know when you went to this peninsula over here. It's because we have we have connection to everything. It's it's really I mean, I guess one of the things I would say about astrology is it's the it's the study of relationships. It's our relationship to the planets, the planet's relationship to each other, as that's reflected in us our and our relationship to other people, and our relationship to the land that we stand on, and so it describes all of these relationships visually.
Speaker 2: It's so fascinating to me.
Speaker 3: I'm such a sometimes way too deep thinker, So as you're talking, I'm like just imagining just how this whole system gets developed. But it reminds me of just even Petry sixty when I first came across that and explored it and did the course, and.
Speaker 2: Just the power in understanding.
Speaker 3: So in a world where we now more than ever are faced with constant comparison and subliminal messaging about should would and what life is and what you should chase and who you need to be to be in the world, I just remember at that time learning about my health type and my personality type, and just almost this visceral sense of relief in going, oh, not only are some of these things that I've been internally subconsciously judged about myself as a negative, Not only are they not negative, They're actually a gift, Like this is a part of me and I fall back on that all the time, even just in business of going well as a business, I should be doing this, and I'm not doing it, so I should be. And then you start to wrestle in and trying to overrule yourself. And then I'll go back to some of these personality profiling tools and just be like, oh, like one of them I think I was looking at.
Speaker 2: I was playing with the life Path number recently. So I had Daniel Millman.
Speaker 3: On my show years and years ago, and I had no idea his work. And then for some reason, the one of his books came up in conversation with three different people at a certain time, and I was like, oh, I've I didn't know, like, I've interviewed that bloke. And then so I went back and read that book and I was like, oh, that's really interesting. So I was looking at that, looking at how it overlays with human design, looking at how it overlays with being an activated and looking at my traits and just going One of the things I was trying to squeeze into my business was this like being continuous and having programs locked in, and it was like, it's not in my nature. It's like like one of like I was putting stuff in chat GPGGO and help me figure. It's like this is these are my profiles here, tell me a bit about how it's working out for me. And it was just literally like, don't do that, don't do that, like got you go where you're energy. And I was like reinforcing what I would say anyway, but what felt like me just being petulant, like child like I don't want to dig that. But it was like, you don't, don't do it, and I'm like, oh, yay for me, but also, bloody hell, it's really hard to run a business.
Speaker 4: But isn't that bring to have an appreciation for I mean, that's that's that's truly what drew me to astrology was that it celebrates the diversity of human experience, Like we all have like such a wildly like vastly different experience of every single moment. Yeah, and if we don't appreciate that about ourselves at least, we can't really appreciate that about somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Right, It's like we have this epidemic of sort of assumption and judgment and narcissism and it's all it's all just because people don't know them their own selves, because we would never expect people to behave according to our expectations if we had a little more consciousness about our own gifts and weaknesses and struggles, and we're kind of like okay with all of it, Like are we really? I don't think anyone expects themselves really to be amazing at everything, but we sort of get this idea that we have to pretend to be ray.
Speaker 3: I've seen myself and other people like you can wrestle yourself into a way of being for an amount of time and get a short term result. Like I've had pH three sixty clients that have been so ingrained to the way of eating and training in chronobiology, and I'm like, that's cool, that'll work, and you can look like a bodybuilder for five minutes, but in six months, twelve months, two years, whatever it is, you will be so far on the other side of that that you will spend far more time trying to fix what you've now broken. Like, yes, your body will respond and you can look like that, but what's happening underneath the surface And it's the same thing as like if I try to be too structure and routine and locked in with not like it took me forty years.
Speaker 2: I'd already nailed half of That's what I think in the beauty of this stuff was.
Speaker 3: For me. It proved I'd already found out a lot about how I need to be, but was still internally grappling with the fact that I was that. And it was like, it took me forty years to realize how much spontaneity and variety I needed in my working life in order to just fucking not hate it and have to move on every five minutes. It's like, I need to do a little bit of this and have a little bit of chaos, and then I have to have a little bit of structured routine and then that works really well. But you know, prior to that, I look at my resume and it was like three years in jobs, and I know that the last year and a half I was itching for change because it was too monotonous, because there wasn't enough variety. There wasn't enough stuff there to keep me. But yeah, it's interesting to.
Speaker 4: Me and how different the experience of awning that those traits. You know, it's it just it'll change your experience of any experience, like it'll just if you know if you know why you're sticking with something, like take you, for example, what you just described. If you if you know why you're sticking with something, even though it doesn't feel like what you know, like it's in your best interest, like you're it doesn't feel like that's what your nature is craving, but you know that you're doing it for these other reasons your values or you know, your long term goals or to prove something to yourself, Like those are valid reasons, then you'll stick with the thing. Or you know that this thing that you're trying to make yourself stick with isn't going to deliver what it promises to deliver on the level of values or long term goal or proving something to yourself, then you'll know, like it's okay to leave. Yeah, Like it's it's never just one thing. It's not just well, it's not in my nature to stick with something. It's like there is such a deeper description as opposed to like there's a deeper description for what what that's rooted in the need for change, like the need for change where at work, in relationships, friend groups. Do you need to travel, do you need to move your home a lot? Like like the need for change is. It's not just like a chaotic toxic quality. It's actually a prescription for healthy living in a like for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is interesting.
Speaker 3: Years ago I had gyms and I chose what ours I would be in those days, so I made the chooses. It was like, all right, TIF, Wendy want to be there and when don't you? So I picked that and within a month or two I felt so stuck by I hated it, right, I was like, oh, and that's one of the times I remember being this is before PHT sixty. I remember thinking, you're just broken, like you just you literally picked this the best possible outcome, like you dream day? Did you dream week of work? And now you hate it, like you're just an impossible human. And now when in terms of the PT clients I do have, which isn't it isn't a lot. Now I split my time over different things. But it's so funny because over the last five years they're all PT clients. They're not classes so and they're always at the same times, so it's the same situation playing out like but the feeling that.
Speaker 2: It's my choice and that.
Speaker 3: Each week I message them and agree to it and it's my choice. There's no, it's not me doing that for a class that needs to be that someone would need to feel and it's just my own obligation to me. And it's so weird that that feels so different to me. I remember thinking how that I don't know, like stress and irritation about it was completely removed when that was the only change that was made.
Speaker 2: It wasn't really about.
Speaker 3: The time that I was created to It was the sense of feeling trapped by someone that was someone that wasn't me.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just my decision every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean funny how human beings like freedom. Yeah. Yeah, we like to make our own choices. You know, although I shouldn't even say that, because there's some people that dislike to take orders because they don't they have a hard time making choices. I mean, I for every time I make a general assumption about human beings, I can I can make I can disagree with it the next Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: How do you use it?
Speaker 3: Do you have practices that God you with With astrology?
Speaker 4: I mean I check my chart frequently to see how current astrological weather, the transits, the you know, the moving planets, how they're affecting me, or how they're what part of my natal chart is being you know, are being sort of lit up and activated because I want to. I try to stay conscious of the opportunities that might pose themselves. I really do. I think I use astrology my practice is to be constantly scanning for opportunity and possibility with it, because that's that's really how I see it. It's everything at all time. I don't care how hard the struggle is. There's there is a there is a there's an opportunity and a possibility for growth that's available always. And it might be you know, a little too much silver lining all the time for people. It doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the tough stuff, but I I I don't think that's like I don't believe in the good luck bad luck sort of language for astrology. I don't think there are any bad planets, there are no bad charts there. It's all just right for where we are and how we are evolving at every moment. So I just check in with my you know, on my phone or my computer to see what's up, and then I kind of look ahead to see what's coming up. Because I like to use it as a as a visioning tool, where you know, I want to I want to be sure that I don't squander certain opportunities by either not being aware of them or just being maybe like a little legacy or you know, I just I want to see what's available to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the good news is is that sometimes, you know, we do miss things, like we don't maximize things. I even I'll miss something. I'm like, oh, I didn't know that great thing was, you know, Jupiter was, you know, offering me this sort of position, you know, activating this in this way right now. But I can you still use it after the fact, you know, they don't go anywhere. The transits are work all connected to this constant cycle, this constant dance. We can become aware of something that happened last month and still use it, especially once it kind of explains a tone shift, you know in life, like oh, that's why I was such to Christmas or whatever it was, Like it would explain and validate, like it explains and validates sort of the experience we're already having, whether we're aware of it and can describe it for ourselves or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but we can then make some additional meaning. So that's how I use it. I use it to reflect and just to not miss not miss the good stuff. I want to maximize the powerful sort of windows of opportunity so I can try to be courageous and bust through.
Speaker 3: Even think that the idea that we can like hope and having something greater than us is such a human need at times, like the world can be when when we feel alone and like we're going through tough stuff, sometimes just too just to be able to believe in something that takes a little bit of the burden because.
Speaker 2: If you know, like.
Speaker 3: People hang shit on the whole unit, and so do I at times are they are in averse like just ask the universe. But sometimes it's like, well, if we can just believe that there's a purpose, there's a reason, if it can just take a little bit of the burden off of us which makes us feel stressed, then we were able to take action on things a little bit easier rather than feeling the weight of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And I do think it has been that that terminology the universe has been woified, you know, but it does you know, I I mean, I think anyone who's made it this far in the conversation, it likely believes in something, right, like we have to believe in something. It's we have to believe in something ourselves are and what does that mean? Like is it just cells and fluids and you know, or is it is there something else flowing through us, like there is a divine intelligence to the to the world, running through everything, growing plants and creating the orbits and and I think that the idea of hope is that you brought up is really really important because it kind of cuts for me the heart of the heart of the matter of asking, like you know, when we're saying, like believe in the universe or ask the universe, you know, it's a for people who use that language are usually I would say, like avoiding the word God, which is fine because God has been so religified. I don't know if that's a word, but it is now. Yeah. So if you don't have if you don't follow a religion, but you still have to believe in some sort of intelligence running the show, it's going to boil down to kind of one of one of two beliefs. I think one is the You either believe that the universe is a chaotic dangerous place, or you believe that it's a benevolent place that has your best interests in its intelligent mind. Yeah, and I sort of think that's much more plausible seeing as how there is a natural order that is reliable. I know that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. I mean ninety nine point nine percent sure the sun is going to rise tomorrow. You know. I know that it's going to be summer here in the US on Friday, Like, I know that I can count on that cycle. So I think the universe is reliable and has its best interests at heart as far as how growth and life unfolds. And then the very next step of that is like, and we're a part of that life, natural world growth, We're not set from it. It's not humans and nature. It's I mean, it's not humans and nature separate. It's humans are nature. So I that's a very long winded way of saying I agree with you. But that's a rand, a long way of saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, good because I have a really long way of asking questions.
Speaker 2: I realize that. So when someone else.
Speaker 3: Takes the ball and runs with it, I feel seen and I feel validated.
Speaker 4: That's like Gemini rising having a field day. Yes, Hope is everything. It is. It's everything. We need it, especially today. You know, we need something, We need some We need a horizon to look at and say, you know what, I'm going to get there. I can get there. There is a there there right, that's hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: How can my listeners follow you and find you and learn more about you and what you do?
Speaker 4: Super easy? My with My website is Aubrey Thorn dot com and it's Aubrey not Audrey.
Speaker 2: Yes, Aubrey Marcus not Audrey Hipburn.
Speaker 4: There you go. So Aubrey Thorn dot com and I'm on Instagram at Aubrey Thorn. So those are the two easiest places to find me.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Well, thank you. You've been a star today.
Speaker 3: So what did that?
Speaker 4: Well, thanks, Jeff, I see what you did there, Mistress of puns.
Speaker 2: It's been fun and interesting.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm going to go and get off and go down a little astrology rabbit hole now and.
Speaker 2: Get back into it. Yeah, we shaid, thank you so much for the conversation.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you. I really appreciate you having me on to chat.
Speaker 1: She said, it's now never I got fighting in my blood.
Speaker 3: Got it. Quite a coast got it, got it hot a coast got it