Speaker 1: On Scolus Oscodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Paney Show.
Speaker 4: Coming up tonight, unrest in the streets of Melbourne as anti Israeli protesters target a Melbourne synagogue. Dan Wild will be with me shortly to discuss the Great Josh Hammer on the cases against President elect Donald Trump collapsing. Also joining me tonight's seventy Bastion on the proposed social media bands for under sixteen. They'll be able to access hardcore porn, but not Instagram and x. You will not believe how utterly incoherent this legislation is and Left is losing it again features the work of the ladies of the view.
Speaker 1: We lost the election. Wait a minute, we lost the election. We're miserable. Half of this country is miserable, and let's just tell the truth.
Speaker 5: We hate that he won.
Speaker 4: We hate but first joining me now is Deputy Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs Dan Wild. Dan New South Wales faces potential blackouts this week, with temperatures in Sydney tip to reach thirty nine degrees.
Speaker 3: Australian energy market operator.
Speaker 4: Is issued a lack of reserve warning for New South Wales from three point thirty to seven thirty PM, flagging that the energy deficit could be so severe it may trigger intentional power outages in parts of Sydney. Dan We've got the min's government telling people to run their air conditioners at warmer temperatures.
Speaker 3: To use less power.
Speaker 4: This is what we were warned about, that if you go down this road, you're going to have blackouts, intentional blackouts.
Speaker 6: Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: You know, for this to be happening in the year twenty twenty four in Australia is a result of policy decisions.
Speaker 6: All of this is avoidable. We've been talking about this.
Speaker 7: We've been talking about this ever since Scott Morrison signed Australia up to net zero, without any debate, without any discussion, without any analysis. We were warning that we will have blackouts in Australia. When you radically and rapidly decommission based low power from coal and you put renewables into the system, a weather dependent energy system, you are going to have blackouts and you are going to have astronomical price rises.
Speaker 6: Which is what we are seeing.
Speaker 7: This is a monumental failure of leadership over many years on both sides of politics who continue to go down the net zero path.
Speaker 6: You cannot run a nation on net zero.
Speaker 7: Humans have spent hundreds and hundreds of years getting out of an energy system that relies on Mother Nature to one that is more reliable, and now we're going backwards. This is a wake up call to all leaders to urgently stop the path that we're on.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: We're in a per capita recession right now. It's something we mentioned on this program frequently, and the Australian reports today that this is the longest per capita recession we have had in the past fifty years. Economists are warning that this trend will continue. But Dan, we've got Treasurerer Jim Chalmers defending the Albanese government's record on economic management. How can he do that given these numbers and the numbers showing that Australian households are suffering the worst decline in living standards since the nineteen fifties.
Speaker 7: Well, it's good to see the Canabra bubble is finally caught up to this. I mean, we've been talking about this for months on end, that we're in a per capita recession and it's the longest since Whitlam. I mean, we've the IPA has pointed that out, you know, six months ago, that this is what's happening. So finally the mainstream media and the establishment and their favorite economists have finally caught up to the reality, which is that mass migration makes Australians poorer.
Speaker 6: What's happening. The only growth strategy of this.
Speaker 7: Government is population growth, not productivity growth. And as you know, Reto, yes, of course, if you bring more people into an economy, the size of the economic pie will get bigger. But the slice of that economic pie that every Australian is getting is getting smaller.
Speaker 6: And they've got no plan for.
Speaker 7: How to boost our productivity growth and instead doubling down on this failed migration strategy. So look, I think the government's got a real problem here. They don't have any way of growing the economy. This is a redistributionist government, not a growth government. So I think Jim Chalmers has been found, as we head to my EFO which will be coming out next month, has been found to not have any meaningful economic policies of your sleeve.
Speaker 4: If you want to know what Australia is going to look like if we had ten years of the Urban Easy government.
Speaker 3: Then look at Victoria.
Speaker 4: The state is broke, state taxes soaring, businesses are fleeing, and taxpayers are paying for Labour's massive infrastructure projects which have blown out by over forty billion and county.
Speaker 3: Just have a look at these three projects.
Speaker 4: There's plenty of others I could quote, but Melbourne Metro it's jumped up. The blowout there by four point seven billion. We've got the Northeast Link, the blowout there is ten point three billion, and the Westgate Tunnel is three point nine billion.
Speaker 3: Dan, you look.
Speaker 4: At how these projects are traveling and you can understand why the state is in the financial peril it's in.
Speaker 6: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 7: Victoria has been driven into the ground by a decade of bad policy decisions. And you know, they can't just blame it on COVID. This happened before COVID, has been happening after COVID, and the reality is that every single rock that you look under there's more debt. They keep discovering more debt every single day. I don't know whether anybody in the Victorian government actually knows the true state of Victoria's underlying fiscal position. It is now becoming increasingly apparent that the rest of Australia is going to have to bail out Victoria. Unlike in the Kennet era when there were similar issues in the early nineteen nineties, when Victoria was in a deep recession and Kennet largely restructured the economy sold off the assets to pay down the debt. Well, there's almost no assets left to sell off, so there's real problems. And now this government in Victoria is simply increasing taxes. It's the highest taxing government in the nation, the highest debt government in the nation, the highest spending government in the nation. And this is a warning to everyone else in Australia do not go down the path of Victoria, otherwise you will see significant economic calamity, businesses leaving, people leaving. It's going to take at least a decade to restructure and fix the mess the Victorians have now been left with.
Speaker 4: Day in Melbourne, let's turn our attention to a pro Palestinian protest that targeted a synagogue in Corfield last night while a conference on Israel's challenges and Opportunities in the Middle.
Speaker 3: East was being held inside.
Speaker 4: The locals did not take too kindly to that this is an area with a sizeable Jewish population, and they came out waving Israeli and Australian flags. Dan specialists police circle the pro Palestinian protesters who were holding signs saying things like nothing is more anti Semitic than Zionism. This is not what you want to see in the streets of Melbourne or any Australian city.
Speaker 7: Well, we're losing our country, reader, because our migration program has failed. You know, Australia is a lot of umping ground for foreign conflicts. We are a welcoming nation and a tolerant nation, but that depends on reciprocity and people coming here who share our values and tolerance is a fundamental Australian value. And plainly there are a number of those who have migrated here in recent times who do not share those values, and we have to really look at our migration system and say, well, how do these people get into our country. There's far more worthy people who want to be here and want to make a contribution, who should be at the front of the queue. And frankly, if you're going to engage in violence and antagonism towards one group of Australians based on their religion, then you don't have a place in our nation. It's as simple as that. What worries merit is that many of the people that are engaging in these so called protests are citizens. They're actually citizens of our country, so they can't really be deported. Yes, you can look at stripping their citizenship, but that's an open question from a legal perspective whether you can.
Speaker 6: Do that or not.
Speaker 7: So look, we've got a real issue on our hands, and so far our political leaders haven't been willing to do the hard yards actually talk about the fact that there are many citizens in our country that have these intolerant views and what are we going to do about it as a community.
Speaker 4: Well, further on that, in Sydney and Liverpool, a tattoo artist there says he's not supportive of terrorists, but he has been offering free tattoos of dead HAZBULLA leader hasan Nazarella for a month after being inundated with requests.
Speaker 3: What do you make of this, Dan.
Speaker 7: Well, it's exactly what we're talking about. I mean, this kind of behavior has been condoned and enabled by lack of political leadership. I mean from day one of the October seven attacks. We've had political leadership in Australia that has been lacking, certainly from the federal government. I think Chris Min's in New South Wales has been a bit better on this, but I don't think he's been as outspoken as he potentially could be.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: So we've got a real social cohesion problem. There's no denying it anymore. And mainstream Australians look at this behavior and they say, why, you know, what has happened to the country that I live in? What is the country? What has happened to the country that I moved to where? You know, ten years ago, twenty years ago, this kind of behavior was unthinkable. Now it seems to be happening routinely. So you know, like I say, we've got a long way to go as a community to fix these really difficult issues. A good place to start is to reduce the size of the program, fix the intake, and then we can deal with the issues that we have on the ground.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Finally, Dan, I will be speaking to Stephanie Bastian about this shortly, but I wanted to get your take on government officials admitting that there's nothing in Labors proposed social media bands for under sixteens that would stop the Safety Commissioner from requiring digital IDB used to verify the age of users.
Speaker 3: And that's all of us. Have a listen, we've got to pass a load.
Speaker 8: Once I go through the Senate, that's it. I don't get to touch it again. Does know there anything in the law that says that, that says.
Speaker 9: The saidec quis nothing on miss law that says that.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: This is terribly worrying.
Speaker 4: This seems to be going through at record speed. We know that many in the Coalition are favoring these bands. I think there's a lot of misunderstanding about how these platforms work, how they're used, and it is a backdoor way of introducing digital IDs, something that has been rejected by the Australian people, something that's wildly unpopular and we did not.
Speaker 3: Vote for that.
Speaker 6: That's right, reader.
Speaker 7: I think Senator Canavan and his colleagues such as Senator Antique have played a vital role in debate here. As you rightly say, it's record time. That less than twenty four hour consultation period is frankly absurd. There's these major issues around digital identification and privacy many other issues.
Speaker 6: Besides.
Speaker 7: The Safety Commissioner used to be the Children's e safety Commissioner, you remember, and now she's engaging in these global crusades around censorship, so we don't have any confidence in that office. So yes, I fully understand and respect the concerns of parents about how kids interact with social media, but we need to have a proper debate, not a rushed twenty four hour consultation process which is not dignifying this issue at all.
Speaker 4: And yeah, absolutely right about these Safety Commissioner. She has continuously politicized that office. It was supposed to be about the protection of children, but he has morphed into something entirely different. Dan Wild, thanks for your time tonight. Let's talk more about this social media ban for under sixteens with my next guest, Women's Forum Australia head of Advocacy, Stephanie Bastian. Stephanie, let's listen to Matt Canavan again questioning ACMO officials incentive hearings on whether the government social media ban for under sixteens applies to pornography platforms like pornhub.
Speaker 3: You will not believe this interact.
Speaker 8: But if YouTube's covered. I mean, there's a video sharing for non explicit content, video content. Well, wouldn't pornhub be cover it's porn covered.
Speaker 5: I think they have very different purposes.
Speaker 8: Explain that to me.
Speaker 5: I think, sorry, I think this is.
Speaker 9: Under the definition. We wouldn't see porn hub as falling within scope. It's not.
Speaker 8: Just explain to me in simple terms, how if YouTube is covered, how would another video sharing service with explicit material Medley not be covered?
Speaker 9: So against center. It comes back to the commitment that the government's already made in relations And I'm not asking for a commitment. I'm asking in the law. We're going to pass the law, not government's commitments. So in the law, how are these two services different? I think different and porn hub up completely different.
Speaker 8: I agree with that, But how are they differently defined in the law?
Speaker 4: Stephanie, A fourteen year old or thirteen year old can access hardcore porn but not use x or Instagram, even with parental permission. That can't be on social media, but they can see this extreme pornographic material.
Speaker 3: Does this seem sane to.
Speaker 10: You, well, good evening reader, this is an absolute joke. This bill is seriously flawed and it actually doesn't tackle any of the issues that are facing children. We've just looked at that clip on pornography. YouTubers banned, but porn tubers are porn hubbers not, even though we know there are issues with kids and sexual assault rising due to their access. We know that kids are being taught harmful gender ideology at school that's resulting in them taking drugs and undergoing surgeries that are irreversible the government won't investigate. We know that little girls are being exploited by their parents's influences and during followings of predatory men. There's nothing in this bill that tackles that, or deals with that, or prevents that from happening. This bill is a way for the government to look like it's doing something when it's not doing anything at all to deal with these issues that are harming children. It's a total cop out, and it's a.
Speaker 4: Total cop out from coalition MPs who are just going along with this because it might test well in focus groups. If you just take a minute to scrutinize the detail, it all falls apart.
Speaker 3: One of the questions.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you have an answer to this, but how's this policy going to be implemented without all of us submitting to age verification digital ID or providing some other form of age verification to access social media. How's a sixty year old going to prove they're over sixteen so they can be on these platforms.
Speaker 10: Well, this is a question the Government hasn't even answered, and in fact it's a reason why the cross Bench and the Coalition should be opposing it, one of many. I mean, this is a great concern. What about elder people who can barely log into their phones you alone get IDA uploaded. This is a way for them to connect with their families.
Speaker 6: There are a number of.
Speaker 10: Issues with this bill, including security issues and risks, and the government hasn't responded to them at all. You can't just pass a bill and say we'll work it out. At the end, you could be handing more power and more privacy over to government departments where they're not entitled to have it. This issue should be resolved before it's passed. I mean, quite frankly, this bill should be blocked.
Speaker 3: It absolutely should. It is underdone.
Speaker 4: There's scant detail about how it will be implemented, and it seems to be if that crucial part has been handballed to the office of the e Safety Commissioner, and that in itself is a massive worry. Now moving along, jaguars Woke rebrand is not going so well. They are being mocked far and wide for this effort. The mockery has extended to spoofs of the ad, which are actually, got to say, far more innovative and clever than the real thing.
Speaker 3: Sephanie.
Speaker 4: Jaguar's managing director, Rodent Glover, has called criticism of their ad vile and a blaze of intolerance.
Speaker 3: But isn't this just people.
Speaker 4: Who are sick of this sort of activism, corporate activism masquerading as an innovative commercial. There's nothing innovative about.
Speaker 10: It, absolutely not. The beast has gone out of their branding. I think people are sick of woke being rammed down their throats by these big corporates. I mean, this clip is something out of the Hunger Games. It's quite sad because once branded a masculine car, it's been totally neutralized or feminized whatever you like, which I think is really symptomatic of the culture going for today that the Left are pushing into our culture today, and I think that's very sad. For the legacy of the car as well.
Speaker 4: Just finally, Stephanie, was International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women yesterday and your organization, Women's Forum Australia, launched a campaign last night to restore sex base rights in law and policies across state and federal jurisdictions. Tell me about this campaign and how people can support you.
Speaker 10: Well, we've launched this campaign because we need both state and federal legislators to tackle the issues that are harming women in policies. It's not just legislation, it's policies in schools, it's policies in prisons. It's state and federal legislation that needs to be amended, from the Employment Act to Discrimination Act. So this is the starting point for collective action. We encourage people to get onto our website to sign up, to follow the campaign, to sign the petition you can find at www dot Women's Forum Australa dot org, slash xx and really get involved because we need this for the future of our women and girls.
Speaker 3: Stephanie Bastian, thanks for your time. Still to come.
Speaker 4: Lefties losing it, plus the cases against Presidents elect Donald Trump are collapsing. Is the law fair over Josh Hammer as the details.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Now it's time for lefties losing it. It's time to check in with the ladies of the view. And today we hear this colonel of truth from Joy behar the haters and they are miserable.
Speaker 2: Now what's in the air?
Speaker 1: What's we lost the election? Wait a minute, we lost the election. We're miserable. Half of this country is miserable. And let's just tell the truth. We hate that he won.
Speaker 11: We hate.
Speaker 1: And everybody's height and crazy young.
Speaker 3: Now they are miserable.
Speaker 4: Yes, we know, we know that. Not much Joy on the view set. Now listen, here is Joy unloads on a man whose audience is far, far greater than hers, Joe Rogan.
Speaker 3: She's upset about dragons.
Speaker 1: We went from water cronkite basically to this guy, Joe Rogan, who believes in dragons.
Speaker 3: I checked it.
Speaker 1: He believed he believes in dragon, Yes I did. And he also thinks that the dragons, like I guess, like dinosaur type type of animal.
Speaker 4: Oh, dear for the record, because you're never going to get straight backs from the view. Joe Rogan doesn't believe there were once dragons that breathe fire like in the Game of Thrones. He was talking about dragon dinosaur type of animals that fly, something wildlife biologists.
Speaker 3: Have speculated about.
Speaker 4: But back to the view and their delusions of honesty and accuracy.
Speaker 1: But I think that that's why people like our shell because they know that we are checked by ABC.
Speaker 2: News, by everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, if we're wrong, we have you know, the legal note here.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but Sonny reading out frequent legal notes when people threaten to sue is not the same thing as being accurate. Now to an all mighty meltdown from Axious CEO and co founder Jim vander Hay, this rant about Elon Musk and X is incredible for its sheer, audacity and self delusion. He really think things people lost trust in the media because of X or some nefarious force.
Speaker 3: No, Jim, it was because.
Speaker 4: Folks were sick of being lied to by the leftist media.
Speaker 12: Elon Musk sits on Twitter every day or X today saying like we are the media, you are the media. My message to Elon Musk is both, you're not the media. What we do, what journalists do. What you did in Mississippi, what el Jazeira does in the Middle East, like, being a reporter's hard, really hard. You have to care, you have to do the hard work, you have to skit up every single day and say I want to get to the closest approximation of the truth without any fear, without any favoritism.
Speaker 4: He is either lying or he is ignorant. There are no other options at this point. Journalists ignoring the truth and becoming political activists is what has seen trust in the media plummet to record lows. Of course, Jim's rant was applauded by the very worst examples of the leftist media, the lunatic asylum that is MSNBC, the network with a plummeting audience for the lunatic fringe, by the lunatic fringe.
Speaker 3: And yeah, of course they loved jim speech.
Speaker 12: You'd do it by doing the hard work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 11: First of all, I've got to say, extraordinary content. It needed to be sad, it continues to need to be said when all of the garbagees flying around on social media, lying about reporters, lying about the hard work they do, lying about the hard work editors who lying about everything up and down.
Speaker 4: Joe Scarborough and the network that has done more to damage journalism's name than any other. He's still trying to gaslight the nation. At least while they're playing the victim. They've stopped pushing the Russian collusion hoax. Time to check in now on the leader of the Free world. Remember him, Joe Biden? Or is it Joe Biden's husband.
Speaker 11: I must say I followed that standard because I had no choice.
Speaker 5: I'm Joe Biden's husband.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, he's not all there is he Now to a man identifying as a woman who is wearing a lemon dress and a kafir, I wouldn't suggest doing that in Gaza or the West Bank or any Muslim majority country.
Speaker 13: Today, for the first time I dressed fully feminine in public in the broad light of day. It was to a luncheon at my work with the board of directors of the theater company I work for. I wore my lemon dress and my cathea.
Speaker 3: And something of a miracle.
Speaker 4: Folks, this is CNN bringing cold, old, hard facts to their audience. And you know, in airports and hospital waiting rooms around America, they'd be lifties losing it listening to this.
Speaker 14: Take a look here President Trump's transition net approval.
Speaker 6: You go back to November twenty sixteen.
Speaker 14: Look at this, it was just a plus one point, just a plus one point. That is well well well below the historical norm. Look at where we are today, significantly higher, plus eighteen points at seventeen points higher on the presidential transition net approval rating. The bottom line is this, If eight years ago Americans were lukewarm on Donald Trump at this particular point, they're giving him much more of the benefit of the doubt. A lot more Americans are in love with this transition. What you see eight years ago, fifty three percent of Americans were scared or concerned, the majority towards the upcoming Trump term. Look at where we are now. The shoe is on the other foot. Fifty three percent of Americans are excited or optimistic.
Speaker 5: It's flip flop.
Speaker 4: Joining me now is Newsweek's seniorators are at large and article three projects your council, Josh Hammat Josh, we will speak about the cases against Donald Trump collapsing shortly. The lawfare appears to be almost over. But first to Trump's transition team and the majority of Americans. A CNN just explained optimistic about what the next four years will bring very different situation to twenty sixteen.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I think he's up that as Donald Trump seventeen points compared to where he was at this exact time eight years ago. Look, it's no small wonder why there's multiple clauses for this retail in my estimation, First and foremost is that, you know, it's funny the Republican Party at this time, it went through an ideological phase run the time of the Tea Party Up, the Tea Party Rise twenty ten, twenty twelve. At this point, bad guy has an ideology for sure, and I don't want to downplay that. But right now, I think the Republican Party under Donald Trump is best understood as a party of the opposition, and it is the majority party. But what it does oppose is woke. It opposes wokeism, it opposes radical leftism. And at that point, when you are defined so broadly in opposition to all these various policies and moons that are so wildly unpopular, you're gonna be more popular because guess what, on all these various woke issues, whether it's the open border, whether it's biological men and women's sports, or God forbid, biological men and women's prisons, all these crazy, woke excesses. The American people are on the side of civilizational sanity, not the side of civilizational arson. I think the second reason why the Trump transition team is polling so well right now, Rita, is for the very simple reason that Donald Trump is actually appointed a lot of former Democrats to very high ranking positions, people like Rfk Junior, people like Tulci Gabbert, you know Hackey. It wasn't that long ago that Elon Musk himself was a Democrat. There, the list of Frankly goes on and on.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 15: Scott Besen's his current Treasury secretary once upon a time, actually works for a George Soros funded investment firm over a decade ago. So, I mean, Democrats have a lot of reason themselves to actually not necessarily be totally pessimistic about what the Donald Trump administration might bring. Again the way that I see the Donald Trump presidency in the Donald Trump political legacy. More broadly, this is not an ideological right wing agenda. It is an agenda and above all a coalition of the scene and the common sensical.
Speaker 5: That's what it is. That's why the approval ratings are so.
Speaker 4: High, and that's why I was so stupid for so many in the media and so many of his political opponents to characterize in some sort of extremists, some sort of unique threat to democracy, because as you've just explained, in fact, he's very much mainstream with his positions and his values and the sort of policies he wants to implement. And on that, I want to ask you about the angry I was going to say crazy, I'll say angry rant of Axios CEO and co founder Jim Van der Hay his defense of the media industry. Does he understand why trust in the media has plummeted to these historic lows. We've got now only one in ten Republicans trusting the media, and importantly and was pretty critical in the election, I would say only around twenty seven percent of independent voters trust the media. They've cried wolf too many times.
Speaker 15: Josh, yeah, So that's that's astonishing, right, I mean twenty seven percent of independence the one A had ten Republicans. I mean, frankly, my response to that is, you know who the heck is in that ten percent? And what are you looking at that I am not apparently seeing I say that, by the way, is I say that as someone who works for a newsweek, which which is a pretty historic brand in American journalism. But I mean, I don't understand what that one in ten people are possibly looking at there. Look, obviously the Axio CEO doesn't understand what's going on out there. This is an activist organization that is calling itself a news outlet. Unfortunately, what's happening in Axios is basically what's happening out there with anything that called itself the mainstream corporate media these days. That is why the mainstream media right now has literally its lowest approval ratings than it has ever had in the history of mainstream gallop Hu American public polling. And unless until they come to grips with the fact that they are just wildly out of touch, unless they come to grips of the fact that, for example, mass deportations are actually a winning issue for republic in something like sixty to sixty five percent of Americans said they support that agenda. You know, they're freaking out on CNN, they're freaking out on MSNBC, unless then, tell you, guys, actually realize that what you think and what the American people think are two very very different things. Unless the until they actually realize that reader, their approval ratings are only going to go further and further into the toilet.
Speaker 5: I fear.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and Axils itself, like MSNBC and many other FI lift outlets, has seen a big.
Speaker 3: Dive in their audience share.
Speaker 4: So I think a lot of that angry rant is motivated by self interest. Special Counsel Jack Smith, He's moved to have the election interference and classified document cases against Donald Trump dismissed in line with the Department of Justice policy. A US district judge has signed off on dismissing the election interference charges and another is reviewing the classified document charges. What else can you tell us about this, Josh? Is the law fare over or is it just going to be delayed?
Speaker 15: So the federal cases appear to actually be over. So those are the two cases in Florida where I live, and in Washington, d C. Florida would be the classified documents case in mar Lago and the DC case it's kind of the Marquee case, the Crown Jewel. That's the twenty twenty case involving January sixth. That is the case that Judge Tanya Chu can actually formally dismiss pursuance to so called special counsel Jacksmith's motion to withdraw the case.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 15: Now it's over at a federal level, there are still two state level prosecutions. There's the so called hush money case in New York City as well as the Fulton County, Georgia case. That's the one with Fannie Willis and her former lover Nathan Wade. It's actually not entirely clear what happening in Georgia. The Georgia Corp Appeals this past week actually just said that they're not going to hear the appeal from the Superior Court. So it's not entirely clear. Procedurally speaking, what's going to happen there is probably going to fizzle out of it's own the court one way or the other. The big question right now from a lawfair perspective, well, I guess there are two big questions. One is what happens in the New York City case. Because wanmer Shawn, the very anti Trump judge, has indefinitely delayed the sentencing, but he hasn't actually dismissed the case. In its entirety, Yet he should declare a mistrial. This gets to the heart of what the Supreme Court said in the Trump versus us Presidential Community case, which constitutes a conduct that you cannot invoke at a trial setting. So under the clear terms of the Presidential Comunity case, that case should be declared a mistrial. I think the bigger question, though, read and one that I'm currently thinking a lot about, is what does Donald Trump do day one, January twenty twenty five when it comes to the lawfair You have a lot of people, I think whispering in his ear, saying, be the bigger man, you know, try to just extend a peace pipe there, KUMBAYI, y'all, let's all just move on here.
Speaker 5: I'm not ready to move on. I'm not ready to just move on and.
Speaker 15: Just turn the page from the past two and a half years of them trying to bankrupt, incarcerate, destroy their political opponents in third world sub Saharan Africa. Tim Pott dictatorship fashion that they have made a mockery of the rule of law in this country. They have crossed not just one rubicon, they have crossed hundreds of rubicons at this point. There and unless and until they pay some sort of price for that. I fear that when they regain power, which inevitably they will at some unforeseen point, but at some point they will unless the until you make them feel the price. Now, the pain there's going to double down at a future date.
Speaker 4: That is critically important and it's what the people voted for. That was an issue throughout this election campaign. The law fare, the way these departments and institutions have been corrupted and politicized and weaponized to go after political opponents. This is an issue that Trump's voters care about. So if he goes in there and decides, I've got other things to focus on, We're just going to hold hands and pretend we're good friends. I think that's entirely the wrong thing to do. And as you said, it doesn't actually see meaningful change.
Speaker 3: They're just going to try it on again when there's no consequences.
Speaker 4: So there has to be some consequences for those who misuse their power, misuse.
Speaker 3: Their officers to launch this lawfare.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't just Donald Trump, of course, it was their number one target.
Speaker 3: But we've seen school mums.
Speaker 4: At who objected to what their children were being taught and were protesting at school board meetings being targeted. We've seen pro life activists being targeted. So it's bigger than Donald Trump, and I hope he really does not neglect this important area.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about.
Speaker 4: California Governor Gavin Museim. He's a future Democrat presidential candidate if you asked me, despite the mess that California is in.
Speaker 3: He's done something incredible.
Speaker 4: Lea's excluded Elon Musk's Tesla from a scheme that will offer rebates to electric vehicle buyers. Government Newism's going to introduce this seven and a half thousand dollars EV credits scheme if Donald Trump decides to repeal the federal EV rebates that are in place, but he's going to exclude Tesla, the most popular EV and the one that's actually made in America, made in California.
Speaker 15: Josh, Yeah, it's pretty morbidly hilarious, isn't it actually that the nation's largest EV manufacturer is being denied a purportedly facially neutral credit for the very simple reason that Elon Musk is a major Trump supporter, or that Elon Musk actually picked up and moved out of Gavin Newsoms California due to Gavin Newsom's policies and relocated to Texas there.
Speaker 5: You know, it's funny.
Speaker 15: So you know, in the Anglo American legal tradition and right here in our US Constitution, we have something known as a bill of a tinder. A bill of attainer back in the Old Star Chamber in medieval England was literally a decree by the king that would single out an individual for punishment without any law actually supporting of US Constitution actually clarifies that Congress shall never ever pass a bill of attainder. This is basically what's happening here. This is basically a single minded bill of a tanger of sorts that Gavin Newsom is just issuing at Elon Musk is coming from nothing, nothing other than pure personal pettiness and spite. That is exactly what's going on there by the way you mentioned this, But Gavin Newsim is the first governor since California became a state in the mid nineteenth century to oversee a population decline in California actually losing congressional seats in the US census. All this has happened under Gavin Newsom's gubernatorial tenure. Again, he's the first governor who's ever been there on the Golden State to ever see a population excess. People have been flocked in California forever until he came into power there. If Gavin Newsom is the best that the Democratic Party has to offer come the next presidential election in twenty twenty eight, then God help them, because it's not going to go a heck of a lot better than it did the last go round.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Californians are fleeing in a huge numbers. They're all over Texas and Florida where you are, and Tennessee that typically seem to be fleeing to the south. Let's just hope they don't take their politics with them.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you.
Speaker 4: About the January six political prisoners as some refer to them. But before that, Canadian Opposition leader Pierre Poulivier has called out Justin Trudeau Prime Minister Justin Trudeau over is rolling, creating and tolerating anti semitism in Canada. The left wing hate there is fueling rights in Montreal. I'll just quote from what Pierre wrote on X He said, you ax surprised we are reaping what you saw this is what happens when a prime minister spends ninety years pushing toxic, woke identity politics, dividing and subdividing people by race, gender, vaccine, status, religion, region, age, wealth, saying Canada is a post national state with no core identity. And while you were dancing, Montreal was burning. We won't let you divide us anymore. Call an election, and now we will fire you and reclaim our citizenship, our values, our lives, our freedom, and most of all, our country. Wow, Josh, that's pretty powerful stuff.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's a I mean, that's a fiery statement, and it's a fire statement that has to be made. I mean, frankly, you know, I was looking at the so called ratio on the other on the underlying tweet that Justin Trudeau pointed out that we saw kind of the quote there. I mean, Justin Trudeau was getting so called ratio to. I mean, he was getting just blown up in the replies there. I mean, Trudeau is going to get demolished and next time that he actually bothers to hold an election there in Canada. There, it's because his policies are fundamentally failed. By the way, It's not just that he's allowing Jew heaters in Montreal to firebomb sending gues.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 15: He's also now on record as saying that he looks forward to enforcing the International Criminal Courts arrest warrant against Prime Minister of Benjamin Nintinyahu as if if Natanyahu were to visit Ottawa. I mean, is Trudeau literally going to send in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police to round up the Jews? I mean, are you kidding me here? I mean, I mean, is this sort of nazi esque rounding up the Jews the progressive mentality in the year twenty twenty four. I guess the answer apparently is yes. Again, He's going to get his clock cleaned in Canada the next time that they bother to host elections there. This leader of the opposition of the Tories is very, very, very well spoken. I hope he gets back in the power of the next time that Canada bothers to hold the national election.
Speaker 4: Frankly, I do like his form. He reminds me a lot of Ron DeSantis. I want to ask you about January sixth has been another hole that's been blown in Congress's January sixth investigation. Despite the Capitol Police and Justice Department clearing Captain Michael Bird for shooting protester Ashley Babbitt dead. New information has come to light where Bird admits to not having sufficient grounds to have open fire on her and a new report confirms that Bird had pride, disciplinary and training issues.
Speaker 3: What more can you tell us about that?
Speaker 4: And what is going to be the plight of these January sixth prisoners? Some refer to them as political prisoners, and really their cases highlight this two tier justice system.
Speaker 15: So the US Supreme Court had an opinion earlier this year called the Fisher case US versus Fisher, where they held that a two thousand and two statue called Sarbanes Oxley, specifically Section fifteen twelve cannot be used to prosecute the JA sixers.
Speaker 5: That was basically the holding of the case.
Speaker 15: Now, notably Jack Smith, who we were just discussing a few minutes ago. Jack Smith decided not to let the Supreme Court ruling effect his indictment against Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: He actually left those charges in.
Speaker 15: But when it comes to a lot of the JA sixers who were being prosecuted, or who are waiting trial, or who are currently sentenced under these same statutory grounds. The Biden DOJ has not actually bothered to change or to let out many of these people, and they're acting, in many cases in flagrant disregard of this Preme Court's clear guidance in this fissure case. Many of these cases, perhaps most possibly even all of them, honestly, are really just day one easy parting calls, I think for Donald Trump and Pam Bondy as soon to be a turned general come January twenty twenty five. Look, was January sixth a good day? No, it obviously was not. Has been blown out of proportion by anyone remotely resembling anyone on the left.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course it.
Speaker 15: Has this notion that it was a pearl harbor and nine to eleven. Get the heck out of here, I mean, this latest revelation about Bird and Nashley babbittt there is really just the latest data indicating that there Donald Trump should issue a pardon to basically anyone who's been prosecuted under that same statue to mention there possibly all of them there, get it done with out of the way. The left will freak out, let them melt down. Frankly, who cares.
Speaker 3: Exactly they're going to melt down anyway. Joshadma, thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Rita still to come proof that ethnic minorities are rejecting identity politics.
Speaker 3: Adam Weiss joins me next. Welcome back.
Speaker 4: My next guest is a regular at mar A Lago and he's written about how it is now at the center of a massive cultural shift. Here, writes mar A Lago isn't just the epicenter of conservative politics. It's the new Hollywood, the new page six. This cultural shift speaks volumes about where America is heading. Joining me now is host of media expose, Adam Weiss. Adam, tell me about this cultural shift and tell me about mara A Lago.
Speaker 3: What's it like there?
Speaker 16: Rider, Thanks for having me. Mar A Lago seems a bit different. I went there last week for the Seapack Conservative Action Conference, and the first people I walked in was right, it was Tucker Tulsa gab but very friendly, chattowit for a bit. Downstairs, I saw Kerry Lake, who's the larger than life figure the RNC chair. But what really stuck out was I was with a colleague of mine from Silicon Valley and she said, oh, that guy over there who wasn't dressed well.
Speaker 2: Like in gen.
Speaker 16: He was one of the founders of PayPal. Another investors she saw it was from SpaceX. Another guy was another investor from Silicon Valley. And these weren't the usual typical people that were like establishments from you know, you'd usually see it Marolago. So what happened with the Elon effect, the cultural effect, the free speech effect. It's the new hit place, the new counterculture, it's the new hit place to be. And I think people are finally it's a big awakening out there, and people aren't afraid to say I'm conservative, I'm maga, and it's a big almost like a spiritual awakening happening in America.
Speaker 4: Well, we're seeing some data coming and even CNN were reporting on it that the majority of Americans are optimistic about the second Trump term. They're happy with the transitions team's work so far. And culturally, we are seeing this phenomenon with footballers, UFC fighters, other athletes doing the Trump dance.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 4: That was unthinkable eight years ago, or even four years ago. It was almost forbidden to be a supportive of Trump if you're a high profile individual. But now you've got athletes doing that. It is a significant shift.
Speaker 2: I think four years ago they'd be chastised by the league and the owners. They'd be apologizing right away. They might have been fined. So the culture switch. People are allowed to be themselves finally, right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I noticed there was a couple of days for the election.
Speaker 16: I was living, of course, from the Central Park and I walked through the park and they were justpatic. Go Young and his dad. They both had maga hats on. I said, that's a rarity. Then I went down to the block in African America, get out of maga hat. I said, things are shifting here. Four years ago people were afraid to wear hats, maga hats in the city. And if that was happening in New York, I said to all over America, you know they must pain see an end reader that they have to show these polls on their network. And the people are happy right now with the transition work of the Trump team, but you know they're getting attacked, which is not fair most of the cabinet. X.
Speaker 4: Now, let's have a look at some data compiled by the New York Times. There's been a big shift towards the Republicans since twenty twelve. Among ethnic minorities who've seemed to have rejected identity politics and recorded swings towards Republicans, you can see they're Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, all with a big boost net shift in support of Republicans. And those with degrees when it comes to minorities and those without degrees have also spunk towards the Republicans. And interestingly, you look at the age groups from eighteen years of age to sixty four, there's been a shift, a significant shift, particularly amongst young voters towards the Republicans. Meanwhile, for the Democrats, it's whites, whites with college degrees, and people over sixty five who've shifted towards the Democrats.
Speaker 3: What do you make of this? Starter at him?
Speaker 16: It's its amazing stats to look at because for four years we've been told what a racist, sexist, homophobe that Maga Trump Conservatives are not and stop, day and night by the legacy mainstream media.
Speaker 2: He's had I don't know, I don't even know.
Speaker 16: How many indictments he had against him, told he's been convicted, did all.
Speaker 2: These terrible things.
Speaker 16: And yet young people, African Americans Hispanics saw through it all and still voted for him in big numbers.
Speaker 2: The shifts were n't remarkable.
Speaker 16: The Democrats always thought they owned the minority vote, the African American vote, the Hispanic vote.
Speaker 2: But the American people were tired of it.
Speaker 16: They've been bullied for you know, seven eight years since Trump presidency, bullied by wokeness, bullied by political correctors, and finally American people put up big punch into the bully.
Speaker 2: And I say, the bullies are the bullies, the media with the bullies.
Speaker 16: Hollywood was the bullies, pop cultures, bullet and finally American people so we're not going to take any more bullies, and they give a big punch on election Day.
Speaker 4: Now talking about that cultural shift, Hollywood is still very much over the left. We know that, but there are small productions and some bigger ones that are coming across that are challenging that narrative. I want to play you a scene from a television series called Landman, produced by Paramount Pictures, and just a rare moment of truth from an industry that is really captured by the left, including the climate cult.
Speaker 17: How many idea how much diesel they have to burn to mix that much concrete or make that steel and hold it out here and put it together with a four hundred and fifty foot crane. You want to guess how much all it takes to libricate that thing?
Speaker 2: Or winner is it?
Speaker 17: And as twenty year live span anyone off set the carbon footprint and making it. And don't get me started on solar panels and the lithium in your Tesla battery.
Speaker 4: Oh you don't see that every day, Adam. What do you make of how divorced Hollywood is from most of the US population Because for the overwhelming majority of them, they're not involved in productions like that. They are politically hard left. They're threatening to leave the country if Trump wins. That are doing campaign events for Kamala Harris, and they seem to just be disowning at least half of the American population.
Speaker 2: Well now they're desoning more than half of that population.
Speaker 16: Think about you know, Hollywood doesn't care about fifty percent of the American population that votes. You know, he's their bills, spends money at the theater, and they just people are sick of the indoctrination from Hollywood, the advertising industry, Hollywood, the TV shows everything is just seen through the lens of political correctness and an agenda. When people are tired of it and they put it and they gave their message through election here. But you know, culture switches quick, and hopefully this does put a little bit of debt in Hollywood. So we'll see, because right now there seems to be this awakening and you know, hopefully it does showcase in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Adam Weisse, thank you so much for your time, and that's it from me.
Speaker 3: I'll see you at eleven tomorrow with Douglas Murray.
Speaker 4: Up next is Newsnight.