Speaker 1: I'll get a team. It's you, project, it's Patrick, it's Tiffany, it's Craig. I hope you bloody terrific. It's a Saturday morning in Melbourne and already this morning I'm in trouble. I haven't even seen anyone, but I'm in trouble. TIF would you like to tell everyone why I'm in trouble?
Speaker 2: What I did?
Speaker 3: Because I logged in eight thirty ready to go, waiting for the host to start the meeting, eight thirty one miles around Craig Anthony Harper. I thought, that little mongrel, he's changed the time on me again and he has an updated the schedule. But no, he was having a coffee, just having a coffee, living his life.
Speaker 1: I was just living my best life down there at the Hampton's, thinking I'm going to be chatting to Patty in about twenty nine minutes. And at eight thirty one I did get a message from the Coin of the World analogous to where the fuck are you? And and then I went, you know when you have that sinking feeling. But what was good was you thought.
Speaker 2: I'd changed or Patrick had changed and I hadn't contacted you, which was not the case the case for, we're still doing it just fifteen minutes later.
Speaker 1: So Patrick, good morning, and thank you for accommodating me, and apologies for my tardiness.
Speaker 4: Well look, I can't really get too angry because I was the one who originally changed the time because I had a little fun job yesterday to go and fly my drone at a bat sunrise, So that was my little gig that I went to. So I kind of yeah, I'm not going to get it too too by the fact that you were having coffee while Tif and I were having a chin wag.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you, Tif, I have not Let's start with you.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen very much of you this week, and I usually see you at the gym or at the cafe or somewhere with your handbag that will call Scott for the moment just in tow the man bag will call him.
Speaker 2: We love him. Good I Scotty. What have you been doing this week? Why have you been scarce? What is going on?
Speaker 1: Are you just planning in the wedding and you just want to I don't know. Have you been busy seeing caterers and fucking diamond sellers and it's been going on?
Speaker 3: I can't remember where I've been, but I haven't been able to make the gym as much. But I would love to inform you that yesterday I did do myself a one hundred and seventeen and a half killogram did lift?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wow?
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventeen. Let's see that's that's.
Speaker 1: Probably in the ballpark of two fifty. I'd have to check it, but you can check it. Well done. How was it was it? Did you newly shoot your kidney out of your ass in the attempt? Or was it somewhat comfortable or somewhat comfortable? I'm chasing the one twenty halfs. We've done it once before, a couple years ago. But remember I started.
Speaker 3: I took it off the rack and started from the top, which is really a bit cheaty to a bit easier.
Speaker 5: So taking it straight from the ground, I'm excited. I could.
Speaker 3: I think it's safe. We probably call it a PB as it stands.
Speaker 2: One seventeen and a half. That is very good. Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Now, just to give this context, and I know you don't mind, so don't send me an email your body weight because it's like if you weigh one hundred and twenty kilos one hundred and seventye and a half. Still good, but it's like not as impressive as if you're in your sixties. So what is your current body weight, give or take?
Speaker 5: I think about what sixty one sixty two kilos?
Speaker 1: That is very think about that, Patrick, that's almost double body weight. That is impressive, isn't it. Well let me put this to you. On a Monday morning, I do a roll down.
Speaker 4: Where I grab weights just to work my lower back and I use twenty killers.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's okay, that's all right. You're very strong, Patrick, that's right, that's right, and we love you just how you are in my lower back.
Speaker 4: I just build you know, the little muscles and the lower back. You know, you do what.
Speaker 5: Dude as well? You could probably do a one seventeen kilo? Did live likely?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I was going to say, Tip's probably got a bit more testosterone than you, So don't feel bad.
Speaker 2: And so what's the schedule, Tip, When are you going to do? So sixty one kilos? So when you do one twenty two, you'll be doubling your body weight, which for anyone, anyone that's like even to deadlift your body weight is a pretty nice achievement. Male or female. It's not mind blowing, but it's still really good.
Speaker 1: Like a sixty kilo deadlift picking something up off the floor that weighs sixty kilograms, it's no joke, and you're almost doubling that. So when are we going to what's the timeline on the one twenty on?
Speaker 3: No, but I think I need to be a bit more structured. You know, I'm not super structured at my training in terms of chasing strength gains like that. You know, I'm a little bit variable. It's like I'll do a little bit of this, a little bit of that. So I haven't deadlifted heavy all that frequently lately, which is why I run seventeen.
Speaker 2: And a half.
Speaker 5: Was maybe really excited. So maybe you can give me a timeline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: But when you said I'm not super structured at and then you paused, I was going to say life, but then you went.
Speaker 2: Ahead with you're not structured. Your whole life is fucking freestyle. Yeah. Yeah, this time last year you hated men, and now you've got an impending wedding. I mean, make up your mind, make up your mind.
Speaker 3: I speak by the way you look at that banda in the background, loven't here, little country cottage.
Speaker 4: It's cute, isn't it. I'm waiting for my invit I'll tell you though, I don't can't imagine doing any exercise that had has the word dead in it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but you do pull off dead pan quite well. Yes, thanks, Yes, you know if there was a time there, which is absolutely fine. But I thought you might have liked girls.
Speaker 3: Look, if I'm honest, I was saying to think, well, perhaps perhaps I do. Yeah, maybe I've got myself wrong. This old time community, the community sitting on the sidelines, cheering me on, waiting, come on, just come over here with us.
Speaker 4: We're going to move in together and have our platonic kind of relationship and.
Speaker 3: Just get that wedding guy we were that was pretty close.
Speaker 4: I know who got? Really?
Speaker 2: What on earth? What? No? I don't want to ask. I do not want to ask. I try to think about the practicalities of that particular relationship. But that's all right.
Speaker 4: Battery is just a good supply of Patrick.
Speaker 2: Oh, Patrick, Patrick, Patrick.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to ask you how your week is but has been, but I will How is your week?
Speaker 2: Mean? Patrick?
Speaker 1: What's other than flying drones and pretending that's a job, which it's definitely not a job.
Speaker 2: Well not for you, but well done.
Speaker 1: I feel like someone saying would you mind getting some drone footage to you is like saying the tip, would you mind eating some.
Speaker 2: Chocolate for me?
Speaker 4: It's a bit like that. Yeah, you're right. I had a couple of interesting things happened. I for the first time was interviewed for a podcast, which was really weird because we've played podcasting for years. I've been on radio, but to have somebody interview me and that podcast comes in on Monday and I kind of listening to it back was really weird because I kept wanting to have a conversation with the other person, ask some questions about elves. But it was kind of surreal. It was an hour and twenty minutes as well. I just come out. It was fun. It was really interesting. Someone recommended me. It's called When I Was Young and it talks about your backstory, you know, what was it like growing up? Really insightful questions. I think what helps is the woman that I met, Nina FROMHOLDT. She's so nice. She interviewed Christine Nixon, remember the cop the police, So she's got some pretty decent people. She's spoken to him, thinking why the hell did she want to talk to me? But yeah, there you go. It was very surreal being on a podcast where you are the subjects.
Speaker 1: Well go you it's called When I was young. Yeah, Patrick, it's out Monday. Congratulations. Well you do have and I think most people have an interesting backstory if you can say, yeah, if you stop skimming and you kind of do a little bit of a deep dive as deep as people are comfortable to go. But TIFF's showing off over there, which is no good from a visual point of view. But Tiff, but tell us who you've got jumping on? Is that Scott?
Speaker 2: Or is that? Who is that?
Speaker 5: This is Chevy?
Speaker 3: He's got Staffy who should And I dapped out for ten minutes for coffee, ate my good shoes, so Chevy.
Speaker 2: Is well, then why on earth are you patting him?
Speaker 5: Because look at his face?
Speaker 1: It's like Patrick, when I see him, I want to be mad at him, but I just squeezed his little fat face, his cheeks, he's beautiful face.
Speaker 2: How's that? Patrick? Let's dive into the show.
Speaker 1: So the way this works, everybody is Patrick sends me some dot points that we're going to chat about and around that. If you've never heard this, by the way, of course you have. Otherwise where have you been You've been missing out? We freestyle tip runs the show, Patrick and I try and hang on desperately.
Speaker 2: So point one is I'm funnier than Harps.
Speaker 1: Now, let me tell you, somebody probably listen to the podcast and told you you're funny, which is I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: By the way. Yeah, who gave you that feedback?
Speaker 4: Brad and his dog Bella in gipps Land. So I don't know if it was Brad or Bella who actually suggested that I was funnier than you, but I thought it was nice. That's your old stumping ground out that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I know of Brad.
Speaker 1: I think Brad follows me and leaves quite a few comments.
Speaker 2: He seems like a good man. I know that we've ever met. But well, there's no doubt you're funnier than me. You're looking Nah, you're funny to mean, No, I'm just the glue that tries to hold you to weirdows together. Well.
Speaker 4: The reason he can't tact me because we always welcome people contacting us to talk about stuff. But he was at a local Centerlink office, got talking to the woman there and found out her friend is buying an old the old hospital slash morgue at potentially mental hospital in Bland. Now I don't think it was a mental hospital, but I'm pretty sure at one point it was a morgue. So I did a bit of research, Brad, and I found out that in the nineteenth century that dead bodies were actually held in the cellars of hotels because there weren't any morgues. So yeah, basically your barrel of beer and stuff and a stiff next to it. That's kind of a cloud free thing, isn't it, And a stiffy because jener it doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: No, just step over the cadavers and you'll find the wine rack, Brian. So that's that's unpleasant. But I guess, well, refrigeration in the context of the evolutionary timeline, we've had refrigeration for about eight seconds, so I wonder what they.
Speaker 2: Did hundreds of years ago. Let's not think about it. Well, Brad, thanks for that, and I'll take that on board that I need to be funnier.
Speaker 4: But you know that that took me down a bit of a rabbit hole, because the other thing in the land is we have two cemeteries, so.
Speaker 2: With a very small population, that seems like a lot.
Speaker 4: Well, one of the cemeteries, the original Bland Cemetery, which is kind of on the road that goes from Dalsford to Geelong, that hadn't been used for about one hundred years, and then in two thousand and seven, by coincidence, the year that I moved here, they start they turned it into a pau per cemetery. So it's kind of sad.
Speaker 2: So basically, do you mean like homeless people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people who die without family or connections get buried there. And when you go there, there are all these white crosses, like just a whole field of white crosses and just a name and sometimes a year next to them. It's it's kind of really sad when you wander through and see that. And I do go out there every now and again. I know it sounds morbid, doesn't it. Fritz and I go out there every now and again. We walk through our local cemetery almost every morning. And I've got to apologize to Mary Glenny, she died in the eighteen hundreds. But Fritz seems to like to piss on her grave every time we walk past.
Speaker 2: I wish she didn't say that, because one of her family is going to probably somewhere down the genealogy, someone's going to listen to this and lightly yeah, like she does.
Speaker 1: You target the same on it? Well, he probably targets the same one every time because it smells.
Speaker 2: Like we yeah, yeah, it's like, hang on, this is familiar. Oh, this is many last Tuesday.
Speaker 4: It's quite an ostentatious grave though, and it's right at the entrance to the cemetery. Makes sense. You know, you've got to bring people back down to earth.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's you're Patrick. Can you not be happy for people if they do well? Patrick? Yeah, okay, even when they're dead. Even when they're dead, you've still got to do that.
Speaker 4: People are dying to get to Bland. Sorry, anyway, that's.
Speaker 1: Definitely not the funniest on the show. We'll just have to read it a meta contractor met to m A t A. Of course, everyone met a contractor fires one thousand, one hundred AI trainers after they revealed ray Ban Glasses recorded private and intimate footage this We chatted.
Speaker 4: About this back in February, and what seems that's happened is there's a lot of AI oversight where real people are working in sweatshops, and that's the accusation that places like Nairobi where people are paid two bucks a day to look at all this footage that is being recorded by people wearing smart glasses, and in some instances, the people wearing those smart glasses have no idea they're being filmed. So if you go to the bathroom, you know, you look at your banking details, it's all being recorded. So staff would try to do the right thing and say to their bosses that we're actually seeing stuff we probably shouldn't be seeing. Well, it got very controversial and the company got dumped by Matter and then they went and sacked all their staff at the same time. So I guess this is the whole argument about the use of smart glasses and recording things, and you know, people are being stalked. There's stories out of the UK where a woman was told by a person who recorded her and then posted it on Facebook that she had to pay if she wanted to have that video footage taken down. So there are creeps out there, you know, glass holes, But yeah, it's a thing, and I guess, I don't know. I love the idea that we can use them positively in Korea at the moment, if you go to a stage play, they're handing out smart glasses so they can do real time, live translations for people who don't speak Korean. I mean, how cool is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pretty cool. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: I just think though that anything where you know, like you said that, oh, the people in the company were trying to do the right thing, and you go, you're always going to get one person or more that isn't going to do like if we just leave it up to you know, moment by moment decisions about individual humans just watching something on a screen. That's a very very hard way to police anything and protect anything because then you're relying on the integrity of an individual that you don't know, rather than there being no way that that can be recorded like that. It needs to be there needs to be something very concrete otherwise people.
Speaker 2: Of course, people will take advantage of that because that's what that's what some humans do.
Speaker 4: And we spoke about this last time, I think where we mentioned that every time you install an app on your phone, so even if it's not smart glasses. When you give it permission to access your photos and camera, what are you actually giving away? Yeah, no one reads the terms and conditions. At the end of the day. Who has time to read twenty five pages of terms and conditions in legal speak? Maybe copy and paste it into AI and say is there anything threatening about what I've just find my life away with? But you get it, though, we all do it. We always hit that I accept button because no one wants to read anything and just install the app and off you go.
Speaker 1: Think about though, whenever yes, I agree with you, but whenever you post anything of you publicly, well the world's got it, you know, there's just you've got access to your life.
Speaker 2: You're what are you smiling at Tiff about this?
Speaker 3: And then I just looked over and realized that Scott has logged into the dog camera and turned it around and is watching me.
Speaker 4: See, that's creepy, creepy.
Speaker 2: What do you mean the dog camera? Like everyone has a fucking dog camera.
Speaker 5: It's you can watch the dog eat my.
Speaker 2: Shoes, Scott. That's what is that called? Patrick? That's voyeuristic. That's creepy, fucking creepy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you need to reassess that relationship right now, your big boy pants and we need to have a chat.
Speaker 4: Is there a bedroom cam for the dog as well?
Speaker 5: Definitely not.
Speaker 6: There's definitely not that you know of that you know of, Oh yeah, we'd be like look around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patrick, and I review that footage to go who's back is that?
Speaker 2: Because that's Wide? We go, oh, that's Tiff.
Speaker 4: It's not Heiry though it has to be.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, that's right, it's Harry and wide, that's tiv.
Speaker 2: Ah. That's not nice?
Speaker 1: Is that we know that Scott has a wax narrowback, But that's all right.
Speaker 4: I haven't met him yet.
Speaker 2: I should have loved this episode.
Speaker 4: What I should reserve judgment because I'm only have a video chatter to him. I really am looking forward to tif coming down with you guys.
Speaker 2: Well, he does have nail polish and nothing wrong with that, and big hoopy earrings, and he is and a plethora of tats. He is a unit, but a lovable unit, like I like people that are a little bit and he would free. In fact, he would embrace that. He would embrace that. Patrick. I have been aware for a while that.
Speaker 1: One of the ways that prisoners get drugs is their friends fly those drugs in using drones into the prison yard.
Speaker 2: You've got a story about that, tell us about that.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a big problem in the UK, particularly because a lot of the prisons are really old, made in the eighteen hundreds, and so they can't put the protections they normally would have, So for example, they put nets up, like.
Speaker 2: So, can I pause you look at look at her?
Speaker 4: What she did?
Speaker 2: Could you get off you? Could you get off your phone? Get off your phone? You're meant to be co hosting a podcast.
Speaker 3: What's your message from him saying knuckles, I'm listening, not watching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could you Well you shouldn't know that because you shouldn't be looking at your phone like Patrick and I aren't. Either you're a co host in your present or you're flirting with your boyfriend slash girlfriend.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 4: I reckon you should pedalize her. And she doesn't get weekend rates for working Today's exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm going to reduce it back to Tuesday rates. She actually is the only one being paid on this thing. Not a lot, of course, but nonetheless, tifo or you'll be back on probation, Patrick tell us, I apologize so old prisons in England, drones, drugs. I just had to draw your attention to Tiff, who may as well not have even been here. Go on, Well, the issue.
Speaker 4: They've got is there's been an increase in over one thousand percent in the last ten years of people flying contraband into the prisons, and they can't put netting in front of the bars and the windows and things to stop the drones or to stop people from reaching out and grabbing the drone delivery. But you know what, the funniest thing about this was this is hilarious. So some of the packages are up to fifteen kilos and I'm thinking, yeah, weapons, knives, hard drugs, No, you know what they're bringing in. They're bringing in weight loss, hair loss drugs and abombolic steroids and fast food, Like, what the hell are they worried about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Brian and self ivers on ozen pic again. Oh my god, he's looking fucking amazing though, if I need stop buying McDonald's with the same.
Speaker 4: Drive, isn't that hilarious? So that's the biggest problem of the contraband being buried in on drones. But so evidently the walls crumbling and that's why they can't attach anything to the outside of the walls. But if the walls are crumbling that badly, get a toothpick or a toothbrush and dig yourself out. Why are they even in the prison in the first place. If those walls are fallen down, I'd be digging out from the inside.
Speaker 2: There's probably But why between them and that, I don't know. Who knows? There's a new wave Patrick.
Speaker 1: This is very relevant to tif who has an extensive wardrobe. To create a digital wardrobe for your Google Photos, I love it.
Speaker 4: I want Well, okay, so what Google's offering now is it will go through every photo of you that you've ever taken that you've saved into Google Photos. It will then catalog the clothing that you were wearing. And then you can say to Google, I'm going out with Tiff and we're going to a really nice restaurant. What out should I be wearing? And it will go through all of your photos, your virtual wardrobe. It will even overlay them on top of you, so the right the pointy shoes, the nice tie, the bow tie, all that sort of stuff, the fares, whatever it is you happen to be wearing. So it will catalog everything and put it all together. Just think of it. Crago, you can catalog your collection of knee length shorts, Miller shirts, and tracksuit pants.
Speaker 1: It'd be awesome. Yes, I knew that was coming. I don't have a Miller shirt anymore, although I did give them a good go in the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 2: It's so rude to you. My flannel range is fucking extensive, though.
Speaker 1: But when you said I'm going out with Tiff, I thought you were going to say to some underground cage fighting or something. But like, that's more likely than wherever you suggested. Oh god, I think tif you're a bit of a me Like you don't wear lots of different clothes.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I to visit a friend yesterday before going to an event at luncheon, and I felt like apologizing to her because I was dressed up.
Speaker 5: I felt like I needed to be like, I'm sorry that I am dressed up today.
Speaker 2: Bit fancy, well you are.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's the Crabs kids twenty first tonight, young Jamie who will never listen to this, but happy birthday, Jamie?
Speaker 2: Who is? How about this? Everyone? And this is I feel bad saying this after your one seventeen but she competed at the Nationals on the weekend TIF Do you know what she did? Lifted ah No. One five?
Speaker 5: That is insane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah that is.
Speaker 1: Now, by the way, this is one of the strongest young girls in Australasia. Everybody who's a competitive powerlifter. So what tiff is lifting is obscene. But what Jamie's lifting and she's twenty If she turns twenty one in a couple of days, it's a birthday thing tonight.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: But I was going to say, so, I'm actually dusting off some jeans, which is you know, that's a big deal for me.
Speaker 5: I'm dusting sa selfie.
Speaker 1: We need to can I tell you I bought new jeans the other day and this is I know, we'll get back on track Patrick, I apologize.
Speaker 2: He's like, fuck your jeans, get onto my list. This is how bad I am. So I had these old jeans, which were really good jeans, but they just started to fuck up and they get little tears in them, and so I used to get cloth tape, you know, the black heavy duty like you'd repair a tent with, and I put them inside my jeans, right, so not on the outside. So it would kind of hold it together. Well, I did that for about three years, so I would turn up to corporate gigs wearing jeans that had all this black cloth tape, cloth tape inside.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I went out last week and lashed out. I haven't worn them yet, so they're debuting tonight. Yes, you've got your hand up.
Speaker 5: You can bring your old ones to me and I'll get Scotty to sew them up.
Speaker 2: That is so funny. Do you know her bloke is? What is?
Speaker 1: He can sew? He's like a micheline chef. He's very handy.
Speaker 3: If nothing else everything, Well, he's my favorite top that I thought I was never going to be able to wear again.
Speaker 5: And I was confused as to why I hadn't.
Speaker 3: Thrown it out yet because I'm like, well, I'm never going to be able to wear this again. And then I caught sight of this sewing business, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Not only can he sew, he can actually do things like a seamstress. Yeah, yeah, well definitely you should never get rid of him.
Speaker 4: Hey, Craiger, you know, interestingly, I've used gaffer tape on my on my pants as well on the inside, stuck them together. It were Yeah, it's perfect.
Speaker 2: And if you go, did you use the cloth tape or the gaffer tape?
Speaker 4: No, gaffer. I don't have cloth tape a home. I just use gaff.
Speaker 1: The cloloth tape's incredible, Like it's stronger than the actual fabric most times.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I know people are like, doesn't he make money?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you think about that much. The freaky thing about my trousers is that my right knee always wears out before the other knee. And that's been happening since primary school. I used to get into so much trouble from my mum. She'd say, were you paying marbles on that knee? It's like no, and I'm still doing it now. I've got one one right knee always wears out. If you look at my old jeans, there's always a hole on the right hand side.
Speaker 2: Do you know why.
Speaker 1: That's a very Catholic thing? No, no, no, I'm not being funny.
Speaker 4: Oh catholic. I don't know.
Speaker 1: There was no sexual innuendo in there. When you walk into a church, you do this thing called you in your flat, Yeah, and you put your right knee on the ground. So yeah, if you go to church often enough, maybe you were a closeted Catholic.
Speaker 4: Maybe I do in my sleep. I was born, I was brought up a Catholic. I just kind of grew up. No, no, what I.
Speaker 2: Haven't been I'm mate. I'm mate.
Speaker 4: Did in a church for twenty five years, probably longer now.
Speaker 2: That I would have thought it would have been longer than that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, Why young people are turning back to DVDs. I feel like we've spoken about this, maybe, but blu ray, vinyl and other physical media. I saw a story on this recently and they were saying, I'll get the numbers wrong, but it was something like in the naughties, the amount of music being bought in inverted commas, purchased in inverted commas, it was like less than one percent vinyl, and now it's something like twelve percent.
Speaker 2: Like people, it's becoming a real thing now.
Speaker 4: Well, I was looking at Insta this morning and there's a hashtag that's trending called hashtag physical media, and there's over two hundred thousand posts. But what I thought was really interesting, and I think this polarizes where a lot of young people are out at the moment. It said we own nothing anymore. Yeah, when we stream we don't own the physical media. You know, there's nothing worse. I had some friends, We're going to watch something on Netflix, and they'd taken the movie off, so I didn't have it. So there was no physical copy movie, right right. So I think that's one thing that a lot of young people are kind of starting to say, well, you know what, I physically want that, And they love the idea of burning a CD. Like there are clips on TikTok showing people how to burn a CD, how to physically record songs onto a CD. So I think that the whole analogue trend. I know, we spoke about it last time, and analog bags where people go out leave their phone at home, and young people were talking gen z. But they go out and they do analog stuff. They go knitting and they have knitting parties. You know, they do jigsaw puzzles and coloring in that sound. It's kind of fun and people talk then you know, they're not looking at phones.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, in about twenty years, people go, do you remember do you remember when humans talked?
Speaker 1: Remember those days when people had conversations. I don't know if you know this, but when I was when I left school, I moved to Tazzy for a while and for about six months I worked in You remember Brashes, of course, Patrick, do you remember?
Speaker 2: Do you remember Alan's music?
Speaker 4: I certainly do.
Speaker 1: So I worked in Allan's one one six Liverpool Street, Hobart, and my old man was the state manager. There was like seven stores or something at that stage. Obviously they don't exist anymore, but so one of my jobs was selling records and playing records and every so we had, you would have loved it.
Speaker 2: You would have been in heaven. We had a massive wall of LPs and they're all in separate bags.
Speaker 1: So Emi Company was green, PolyGram was yellow, CBS or RCA was like an orange color. So somebody would bring the cover up to you from the shelves and you look at it. You go, oh, it's festival records. It's blue.
Speaker 2: So you'd go find all that you know, And there.
Speaker 1: Was this whole process of bringing the thing up, me finding their record, me taking their record out of the bag carefully and then cleaning it with this perfect record cleaning rag that we had, and then putting it in the cover and then handing it. This whole ritual that shit doesn't happen and it was so good. People were so excited to buy an LP, which I think.
Speaker 2: Was like nine ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Then five bucks. You know. The other thing that I always would do when I purchased an album was to buy the plastic sleeve to put it into as well to protect the jacket. Do you remember?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what I wanted him to do after I said all that, tif, I wanted him to say, oh, that's interesting, Harps tell us more, but fucking nothing.
Speaker 5: He's just laiting to speak.
Speaker 1: It's like a great story, Craig Gee, Oh no, nothing. It gives me fucking nothing.
Speaker 4: I was trying to add to the conversation by asking you if you remember the plastic sleeves that you're.
Speaker 2: Just being a precious only child, mate, don't listen to me.
Speaker 4: Did you know.
Speaker 2: I'm an only child?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: But I did.
Speaker 1: I remember when CDs came out? What what year was CD's do you reckon? Like nine ninety or something, because that was like maybe you could find out for us fit that was like the future, that was like Star Wars.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how can music fit on this little thing?
Speaker 4: Nineteen eighty two, Oh wow, nineteen eighty two, the first album Billy Joel's fifty second Street album was the first album released on CD.
Speaker 1: Speak just digressing momentarily, do you remember your first album and all your first concert TIF? Same question for you first album or even in the first or were you a music kind of guy or not?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, very much.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: My favorite thing was buying albums, from soundtracks to movies. I worked at a Cinelar kid and I loved soundtracks. The theme from Local Hero by Mark Knopfler was one of my first Maybe that was Do you remember that? That was really a haunting thing? Was lovely?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't remember that, which I should. But Mark Knopfler and Dire Straits more broad they were the shit in the day, weren't they. And you listener Mark Knopfler in Isolation. His voice is not amazing, but it's kind of hypnotic. And yeah, just the combination of Dia Straits and him was good.
Speaker 4: John Michelle jar Oxygen, Jean Michelle Jarn.
Speaker 2: No, you're thinking of Vangelis, Oh no, I know that one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In fact, The Friends of Mister Cairo was an album. But Evangelis did the soundtrack for Blade Runner and Blade Runner was one of my favorite films. I think I watched it when it was released. I watched it thirteen times in a row.
Speaker 1: What about also, and yes, great movie, there's a new Blade Runner, which is not new anymore because it's ten years old with Harrison Ford I think.
Speaker 4: But still.
Speaker 1: Chariots of Fire that sold crazy. That was you ever heard of that movie?
Speaker 2: Tip? No? No that that had an amazing soundtrack as well. So anyway, the old days tiff first record or first concert.
Speaker 3: First first cassette I ever got was James Blundell because my parents lives in the country in Western I thought that was cool. Yeah, CD I ever got. It was for Christmas and was Duel Pieces of You, and I loved it. But I only got that because I found out later My sister in law said they accidentally.
Speaker 5: Got delivered to their house.
Speaker 3: So they opened it and was like, oh, we'll give that to do for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Not special at all.
Speaker 3: First concert Missy Higgins, Wow, yeah.
Speaker 1: Missy Higgins is I'd like to get Missy Higgins on here. I really like Missy Higgins Patrick first or maybe best concert or favorite?
Speaker 4: You know, John Denver, I'm going to say I took my mum and my auntie to see John Denver, and I didn't think i'd really enjoyed that much. I actually surprised myself at how much I enjoyed it because he was a real greenie as well, and he was spoken the environment and how important it was to say the environments that resonated with me. But you know, I was thinking of one of the early albums. But I was thinking of somebody who recently passed away, the lady from Clannard, Moira Moya Brennan. Do you remember Claneard? I think you probably think Enya.
Speaker 2: I remember Enya. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So Clannet was kind of an earlier kind of it made Irish music really popular. It was it's kind of popular Irish music, and she was the one that was phenomenal. You'll know the music if you looked up Clanet. It was also the theme for a few movies and things as well. Yes, Robin Hood was on a TV series where she did the music to that.
Speaker 2: Can I say this is an embarrassing story, but it's true.
Speaker 1: So I went out with a young lady for about ten minutes in the early noughties and who.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give everything anything away, came from very very wealthy family.
Speaker 1: So I was like a duck out of order. I did not fit in at all. Anyway, one night she said to me, or one day, said I got some tickets for us to go to this concert.
Speaker 2: I won't tell you the name yet, and I'm like, oh, who is it?
Speaker 1: And I went okay, Like I'm like, if I had a chance to not go, I would have taken it.
Speaker 2: But I thought, I'll be supportive, I'll be nice.
Speaker 1: So we get there and it's massive and we are in the front row. So I do not know how much ticket these how much these costs, but a fucking lot. And the artist was Prince, so I'm ten feet from Prince and it was the best concert, you know, when you have zero or low expectations. I fell in love with him, and I'm like, oh, how do How am I so stupid? How am I so ignorant?
Speaker 2: How am I so unaware that this fucking genius lives? And I don't know who he is?
Speaker 1: And not just his lyrics and his songs he's singing and stuff is phenomenal, but he basically played every instrument like a savant, as in drums, keyboards, piano, his sorry guitar.
Speaker 2: His guitar is was god bless phenomenal. Yeah, so that's my favorite unexpected moment in music. Yeah, awesome, Yeah he was good, my worst and then we'll move on. Yep. Ah, how Patrick, you're gonna you may have something to say about this. So firstly, mc hammer hammer time fucking terrible, so bad, so bad. But I love I love that song though, And there was a phase in the nineties. I don't know if you remember this or maybe eighties. Yeah, eighties were a whole lot of dudes and embarrashing them mc hammer pants like gypsy pants or whatever you want to harsh pants. I think they're cool, yeah, right right, yeah, so I used to smash those, and I've got some photos of me. Oh my god. How do you know when you look back and you think you look the shit, or you think you did at the time, then you.
Speaker 5: Look back in the typ group actually I.
Speaker 2: Think, yeah, yeah, I'll post that later today.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Patrick, take us where you want to go with your next story. Whatever's tickling your fancy, ever's tickling my fancy?
Speaker 4: Oh man, I hate it when you ask me these questions.
Speaker 1: What about what about engineers who have developed a material capable of self repairing. This is how does something that's manufactured self repair. Engineers have developed a material.
Speaker 2: Capable of self repair ring more than a thousand times, which promises to extend the service life of key components on airplanes, cars, and wind turbines for centuries. Well, that seems like a very good development.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool. Huh. This is interesting because a lot of modern like materials. Component materials generally get thrown away when they get damaged, and this is a real problem. And there's a feature called or a thing called delamination, so they start to come apart. But now scientists think that they can self repair because they can repair when they delaminate, and it means that potentially they could be self repaired up to a thousand times. So what will that I mean, we're talking aeroplanes, cars, wind turbines and they could last centuries now. So it also has the benefit that you're not having to remake these components because they can potentially repair themselves multi times. So they've done this in the lab and they've so they've kind of done the process of delemination and then they estimate they could use they kind of stretch and I think that's the way that they repair and yeah, and that's how the process works. So yeah, lots of benefits all the way around and means that, you know. And also I think I'll be happier in a plane that can self repair than a plane that can't.
Speaker 2: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: It almost seems from a business only, a business only point of view, it seems almost counterintuitive or counterproductive because if you make shit that essentially lasts forever, people only have to buy it once, which for the consumer is amazing, but for the seller it's you know, it's like in the old days when you could buy whatever like Toyota are notoriously reliable, or they were where you could buy a land Cruiser in nineteen eighty and drive it twenty twenty six, you know, and have two million miles on it and replace three things.
Speaker 2: But now cars are they.
Speaker 1: Kind of build them with a shelf life of kind of five to ten years.
Speaker 4: We'll same with fridges. I think my fridge is nearly twenty five years old or nearly yeah, pretty old. I've had it since I moved into Brighton, Eich, so that's actually, yeah, easily twenty five years old. The other thing is these materials are called fiber reinforced polymer, and the reason that they're so sought after all, why they're being used in vehicles and aircraft is because they're strong and they're very very light, so you've got this benefit. But the downside, or the Achilles heel, is that they tend to break apart easily. And now this new technology could mean that they would repair.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, One of the things that we're seeing a little bit and I think you and I like this.
Speaker 2: I don't know about TIV, but is when like the swing the pendulum swinging towards AI and autonomous everything and you know, self driving self everything, is we're starting to see some car companies now move back Mercedes Benz you highlighted here, and they're actually coming back to having physical buttons. Oh you want the AC on? Push this button, you want it a bit warmer, turn this knob. Like, it's so.
Speaker 1: Dumb that we have to have everything on a screen on my slightly newer fan or my new relative to me fancy car that I got.
Speaker 2: The it's all screen stuff and it's won It takes me. I feel like I need to go and do another degree to figure out how to use it. And secondly, it takes for me more Other people not, I'm sure, but for me it takes more time and more concentration to use.
Speaker 1: It as I'm driving rather than the old the more you know, maybe it's because I'm an old person, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's not at all.
Speaker 4: It's not because when we can physically have analog buttons, we don't have to think about where we're reaching over to just the temperature, you know, to change your cruise control, to just just see whatever it happens to be the volume control if you're touching a big screen. Mercedes has these gorgeous screens that run the entire length of the dashboard, like thirty nine point one inch hyperscreen they call them. But they're going to keep that in their cars, but put knobs and switches in there as well. They've been getting a lot of complaints from people, so the Mercedes been sales boss in Germany basically said, look, they're changing their course because they've got so much feedback from customers. This is going back two years ago. It just doesn't work for them. And let's think about the demographic whoor buying Mercedes. They're not the generation of people that are really super high tech. Anyway, the peopeople who tend to I guess be a little bit older and they like the idea of analog. But you know, we've spoken on the show previously about how China is now making sure that buttons and knobs and controls are being returned back to cars. When we look at Tesla was the very first with the if you've sitt sat in a Tesla before, and it's just one big wide dash with a basically big ass iPad sitting in the middle of the screen.
Speaker 2: I've driven a Tesla on a TV show.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Used to work on a foxtail show called Living Life Now and yeah i'd test drive when they just come out and they had Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they are that. They are obviously they're the pioneers in that space. But I think you and I are a little bit analogue in some ways. I like the sensory experience of turning and d pushing a button, you know, and like, like you said, once you've driven that car and look at Tiff laughing. I knew I as soon as I mentioned knob, she'd be.
Speaker 1: Looking at her, look at her like Patrick and I trying to be the grownups.
Speaker 4: Doesn't happen very often, though, let's face.
Speaker 1: It, it is. I'm glad she's the one that needs a reprimand not you or me.
Speaker 4: I had an interesting thing happened recently. You know that there's been a big upswing in the sale of electric cars. So here in Australia the figures came out for the monthly sales and BYD sold four thousand, four hundred and fifty two in April, yes ours, you know, and Tesla sold two hundred and twenty five. So there's been a big so BYD is certainly the big the big leader. But I had an interesting time. You know, when you're on a two lane freeway and you're being overtaken or you need to overtake, so you've got two lanes on one side, two lanes on the other side, so I guess a four lane freeway and you judge how much time you've got. So we have this wonderful physics engine build into our brains. When we cross the street we look at a car coming, we know that we've got enough time to be able to cross the street before the car is going to hit us. How fast we have to move and we do it when we drive all the time. So the other day I was wanting to overtake a car in front of me was going slow, I indicated, and a guy who was quite a distance away, but it was an electric car put the foot down and accelerated so quickly he zoomed up. I didn't have anywhere near enough time. And this is a real concern because we generally have a good sense or a notion of how much time we've got to do things when we're using our physics brain driving or walking. But with electric cars, it throws that whole equation out, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is an interesting thing that you say.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about that because, as you know, I live on a main street, and that is.
Speaker 2: You think.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes we think we're dumb, but your brain has the ability, as you said, to go, well, I've got to walk this distance across this street, which might be six meters. That car is seventy meters away traveling about this speed because the street I live on as forty k's and so you do all that almost autonomously, and you go, yeah, I have heaps of time.
Speaker 2: But as you said, with a car that produces.
Speaker 1: No noise, so you can't hear the acceleration if they want to be a dickhead, which some of them are, we all are. Yeah, that's problematic, and I hate it when I've had that too, where people like, you know, you've got more than enough time, but they want to get pissed off, so they accelerate toward you so they can get pissed off.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what is your fucking problem?
Speaker 4: Well, yesterday I was overtaking another car. I was going the speed limit. They were probably five or ten k's under the speed limit, but not that much under. So as I moved into the right lane, I'm slowly overtaking them. This guy in a bloody van a trade he was sitting on my bumper because I wasn't overtaking fast enough at the lead limits.
Speaker 1: Yes, they find that funny when you're in the right lane and you're going as fast as the state will allow. Yes, you're driving at the legal limit, and they're behind you fucking tooting or flashy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but that I mean.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I think is before we move on, what I would love to see, Speaking of vinyl coming back and CDs and turntables, here's an idea for all your car manufacturers out there who tune in every second Friday to hear what Patrick, Tiff and I have to say. So get your fucking notepads out, your motherfuckers and your pens, lean forward and listener to what I'm going to tell you. Build a car that's like an analog car with the behind the scenes appropriate technology, so it doesn't have the engineering and the dynamics of the nineteen eighties car. It has, you know, the current stuff, but no screen. Like a small car, small car that's like one onero point six. Leaders doesn't go spectacularly fast. It's real reliable and there's no screen.
Speaker 2: There's buttons and you put your key in the thing and you because that's hard work. You don't want to have to twist that all the way around. In the ignition, I.
Speaker 1: Reckon if they could produce a car like that where there was very little apparent tech and they sold it for twenty grand I think they sell heaps because I love getting I love getting in my little crappy Suzuki.
Speaker 2: It's such a good little car and it's so basic. I love it. I enjoy driving it.
Speaker 4: You were talking about cars to go forever. My little Nissan NXR coop, which I know that. You know, my little two doors, a little burgun D one yep, five hundred thousand kilometers and I've had it for thirty one years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yes, why would you get rid of it? It's not worth it, you know, unless you're giving it to your nies or something.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, speaking of cars, I saw this the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sorry, the car that goes to one hundred kilometers an hour. Even for non car people, this is going to be in under one second. Like, good luck keeping your kidneys in your body.
Speaker 1: Exactly explean imagine trying to keep your biology intact when you're going from sitting still to one hundred in point nine of a second.
Speaker 4: You make sure you've been to the toilet before you get in the car.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that'll do it for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Nebula Next one Jet Edition is what they're calling it. So it's a concept car. It says it's got rocket like acceleration and next generation autonomous technology. It's a Chinese company called Dream Technology. Now, I did a bit of research here. A typical fighter jet accelerates from zero to one hundred in three to five seconds, and this is zero point nine seconds. They claim it can accelerate, doesn't that do you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's like, honestly, that would be very uncomfortable, like that would be you know, a couple of my motorbikes are very very fast, like two and a half seconds, and that is almost like holding on and yeah, it almost throws you off the back.
Speaker 2: And this is more than two times quicker. Yeah, anyway, it'd be fun, but fucking he fuck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we've spoken about this, but not on any deep level, and it seems like an obvious occurrence is that people are now, for lots of reasons, financial being one of them, going to AI instead of the doctor.
Speaker 4: Yeah. This is big in the United States, especially because they don't have the health safety net, well not as good a health safety net as we have in Australia, and they can't basically afford to go to get advice, so they're turning to AI. But it can get really, really really wrong. We saw, you know, I think maybe it was two years ago where Google was suggesting eating rocks and telling people to put glue on their pizza. So it was getting it wrong a little bit wrong. But even now, this was a new study that was published and researchers asked twenty one basically large language models to play doctor, and they basically put in a number of realistic symptoms that actual patients could have, and it was horrendous, Like the AI failure rate exceeded eighty percent when given the same ambiguous symptoms we're talking about here, So my knees hanging out of the joint, I've just been run over. But when they basically because the medical technology or a medical diagnosis is usually what you don't have as opposed to what you do have, it's a process of elimination, and it takes years and years and year is and I can see that having an AI Large language model that's you know, health focused, and I'm sure that there are a lot of people in the medical profession using l lms that are specifically health oriented. But if you're a generic large language model, something like Claude or whatever, or you know, Google or whatever it happens to be, then you know, an eighty percent failure rate is fu. You know, people are given being given really bad advice.
Speaker 1: That's and it's not surprising, and I don't know how they're going to manage slash regulate that moving forward, haytiv.
Speaker 2: Yes, Craig, oh are you paying attention ready?
Speaker 5: Just stretching me back with my pen.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, Tiff, when you're going on a flight back to Tazzy to see your family, or you're off to Queensland with your boyfriend slash girlfriend on a some kind of I don't know what ever, kind of romp you to do, and you're sitting in the plane and you're just waiting to take off, and you look out the window and you see all those little highly efficient busy people in their vests who are run you know, lifting bags and throwing bags in the thing and you know, pushing stuff around.
Speaker 2: Well, Patrick's got some news for you.
Speaker 4: Japan Airlines right is talking about using humanoid robots for ground handling at Tokyo's Hayenda Airport starting this month. So it's a two year trial and actually makes a lot of sense if you, you know, in hazardous areas or areas where you're having problems getting staffed, because in Japan they're really having problems getting baggage handlers, and so this is an alternative that they're trialing at the moment to use robots. And the interesting thing is they're Chinese made robots as well, and they're using them to then use the pack your luggage. I don't know, I reckon I'd be pretty happy with the robot doing my luggage, don't you.
Speaker 2: Oh? Definitely, definitely. I was just thinking, and then I corrected my I was thinking, well, that's probably one of those jobs that if that disappears, it's probably not a big thing, you know, because who wants to be a baggage handler?
Speaker 1: But then I thought they're probably a bunch of baggage handlers that love their job, you know, like it's like, no, I love it.
Speaker 2: I don't have to talk to people much or just put my headphones on and move shit, I stay in shape. But yeah, it is interesting, you know, more broadly zooming out from the robot ground handlers to see the evolution or devolution of certain jobs, you know, and that's just going to be more and more patrick, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I was sitting at a plane once going to Queensland.
Speaker 2: Yes it is, Craig, Oh it is. I don't know, are you even listening to me?
Speaker 4: It's just really rabbits on, doesn't he You know?
Speaker 2: I asked you a question which you ignored.
Speaker 4: He didn't what was your question?
Speaker 7: Oh god, wow, See that's the thing.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even listen.
Speaker 5: You can tune into this Patrick and maybe review.
Speaker 2: You might find Craig is not always the problem.
Speaker 4: Hey, what was your what was your favorite part of working in a record still Craig?
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, the fact that it was a good, good energy and I just work with really good people. Like that's a very boring answer, but it was.
Speaker 1: I liked the environment, I liked the music all day, and the customers were cool. I feel like you're going somewhere with this, go on.
Speaker 4: Know how knowledgeable did you have to be? Like, you have to be pretty switched on, like you want to know that. I remember going in and trying to buy a record, like a Doctor Who soundtrack, and the guy said, you want the Who? No? No, not the Who? I want Doctor Who? Yes, But you'd have to have known a heck of a lot about I.
Speaker 2: Ended I ended up.
Speaker 1: Obviously, you start not knowing anything, but you work in any environments like my parents developed set up built a hardware store when I was about twelve, which I knew nothing about hardware, but by the time I was eighteen, I knew a fuck load about hardware because that was the environment I was in. I think, you know, it's not that I went, oh my god, I want to learn how to mix.
Speaker 2: Paint or I want to learn what a routeries or a jigsa, or how to chop radiator pine into three point six meter lengths. But that's all the stuff that you do, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's like and then you just get good at it. But yeah, like I love music, so that was a natural fit for me. But thanks, thanks for inquiring about me.
Speaker 2: I see what you did there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was looking about that.
Speaker 2: You're hilarious.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what this next one means. Scientists build a digital camera, Well I do, but I don't understand it. A digital I think I just repeated myself. A digital camera that can be absorbed by the body.
Speaker 4: To what end, Patrick, Well, if you want a camera that you can swallow that will look at your intestinal tract and your stomach and what's going on in there. Oh yeah, so it's.
Speaker 1: Absorbed as in organically grading into them like when it absorbed to me, Okay.
Speaker 4: So your body breaks it down. It's made with it's made with harmless materials that your body can break down, so you don't have to pass it through. It just does a job. It floats around and your body goes to your digestive system, takes lots of photos as it goes through, and then your body absorbs it. So they're called silicon nanomembranes and they can dissolve within a couple of days. So and these, because they're silicon, they can conduct electricity. And they're talking maybe putting as much as a sixty four pixel digital camera that can be implanted in you and then it will just break down.
Speaker 1: I love I love how they say, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but they go, oh, it's harmless, can be put there.
Speaker 2: Okay, show me the long term tests. I'm putting silicon in your body.
Speaker 1: Show me the ten year studies that show that it doesn't do anything bad, and then I'll consider your fucking nanotechnology. I would not be at the front of the queue for that.
Speaker 2: What do you think, tif.
Speaker 5: But no, that's a no from me. That cannot be good. That's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Also, how can something that's biodegradable be a camera? That doesn't make sense?
Speaker 4: Well, they said that they can do it. I don't know it's making I don't know. I'm just repeating.
Speaker 2: He's backpedaling now, isn't he.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking, if you can reduce the need to have surgery or a big bloody tube put down your stomach, like if you have to get gastros gastroscopy or you know, that's that's a big thing. Whereas if you just swallow this little tablet and it takes pictures on the way down or video on the way down, that sounds good to me.
Speaker 2: No, sure, sure you're not on their marketing team, because it sounds like you are.
Speaker 4: Have you ever had a gastroscopy before?
Speaker 2: Nah?
Speaker 4: Or a colonoscopy? That wouldn't be fun.
Speaker 1: Isn't that an Irish bum doctor? Colonoscopy? Stop it tell us about. I am interested in toothpaste that stops gum disease without killing the good bacteria.
Speaker 2: That seems like a great product.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gum disease obviously is pretty major. But if you gargle with like breath freshener and you use anything that to kind of kill the bacteria in your mouth, it's not selective, so you're getting rid of all the bacteria and potentially you're getting rid of the really good bacteria. And I think that inside the bacteria in your mouth it's only a small percentage that causes cavities. So you need that to break down food. You know, the oral digestion part is the mechanical digestion of chewing, and then there's the bacteria and the way that you actually absorb and break things down. So periodontitis is a condition that affects lots of people, and so scientists in Germany have got basically the founder way to keep the good microbe, the microbiome that you need in tables and so the company is called Perio Trap and they're working on these oral care products that will will basically mean that we can kill off the bad bacteria that causes decay and keep the good bacteria. And the thing is we were talking about that I was mentioning the health safety net that we've got in Australia. But the one health safety net that really is a problem still because it's not there is oral problems. You know, people with Dentistry is so expensive and there are people out there who can't afford to get you know, teeth repaired or replaced or whatever, and they just have to have extractions done, you know, pain as a result of you know, dental problems. And then there's the physical aspect of if you've got a tooth missing, then the self conscious aspect of that. Going for a job, people you know, look at you differently if you're missing teeth. So it is a big problem in Australia as well. And if you could this by having a cheap thing that you gargle every night and it's going to protect your teeth, that's yay for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too, I agree.
Speaker 1: If only they could then extrapolate that concept to antibiotics that don't fuck up your good bacteria in your gut biome, that would be nice. Imagine antibiotics that only kill the bad stuff.
Speaker 2: All right. Last one, we've gotten through our whole list, which maybe a first scientists unveil a hemp alternative to plastic hemp, being the marijuana plant fibery stuff. Did I get that right, Patrick?
Speaker 4: It's the best stuff. I bought a Hemp wallet recently because, as you know, my car was broken into and my wallet was stolen. Okay, I'm an idiot. I left my wallet in my car, but I bought a new Hemp wallet, which is going to last me forever for its dog collar because it's yep, yep, because plastics in dog collars and stuff. So hemp's really an amazing material that we're not even really fully of you. And there's a green alternative to plastic. And there's something that they can use hemp, the cannabis plant, and it's non toxic. It's an alternative to using what they call therma plastics. And it can stretch to one six hundred percent of its size. It's a bit like your head.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, see Brad, Brad right in now, like a bit of support for a brother. I do think that sounds like a apart from the last cominent, a good product and the fact that it can with stand boiling water and stuff with plastic generally can't or depends on what thickness and tight tif Could you that bloke that's walking around behind you, can you bring him up to the microphone.
Speaker 5: The one making all the noise yet.
Speaker 1: The one that's trying to look like a fucking ninja. It looks like a pisted Santa Claus just stumbling around in the background. Good morning, good morning, Santa.
Speaker 2: How are you? Oh?
Speaker 8: Thank you very much, chatting.
Speaker 2: We've been chatting about you while you've been surveilling your girlfriend.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I literally went, I wonder how the dog is? I forgot to I was here and just press the button and then I can hear people talking. I'm going, that's that's crazy. It sounds like a Craig Harper podcasts. And then I went, oh my god, you know Tiff is doing the podcast in my house right now.
Speaker 8: And then I turned the camera all the way around so I couldn't see anything. But then I'm driving on listening to the podcast live, going this.
Speaker 2: Is actually super cool.
Speaker 3: The camera's pointing at me. Guys, the camera pointing creepy. So that last night not true?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a lie. Hang on, don't go waste Scott. We haven't finished with you.
Speaker 1: Ye, So you are telling us it's the girl that spent the night with you last night?
Speaker 2: Yes, right, and I'll leave it at that. And you've forgot she was at your house? Did you you forgot? Is that a lie? That was she?
Speaker 8: She doesn't stay that often, Craig.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but she stayed last night even more special if she doesn't stay often. Just quietly sorry, mate, I mean, I know we haven't physically met, but I reckon that you've kind of put your foot in it there, buddy.
Speaker 1: Sorry if I think you need to stay more often, because when he leaves the house, it's like magically he doesn't know. Yeah, I bet he got a surprise when he came back in and there you were.
Speaker 8: Yes, that's the best part about it.
Speaker 4: Oh that's sweet, isn't it. You know what our doorway effect? I remember we spoke about the doorway effect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well kind of I would call it the dementia effect, but we'll go with the doorway effect.
Speaker 8: Can I say a couple of things?
Speaker 2: Oh? Fuck, I can't wait. Let me get comfortable. Hang on, I'll get a beer. Go straight.
Speaker 6: It's my first concert and Sony produced that CD and it was the most sold CD of its kind. It was amazing, so distress absolutely agree with that. I saw the four first concert I saw. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: Hemp.
Speaker 8: At one stage it was.
Speaker 6: The most grown crop on the planet and makes the most amazing fire hoses because it's porous, so a little bit of water can come out of the hose while you're firefighting.
Speaker 2: Hell, I hope you taking notes, everybody, And what about.
Speaker 8: One more thing, please, one more thing. You produce an analog cart sold in Spain.
Speaker 6: It's a manual, has wind up windows, it has no real electric stuff going on. It's about twenty thousand US dollars and it's sold to Mexican farmers.
Speaker 2: There you go. Yeah, perfect, perfect, Hang on, hang on before you go, Chatty mcchatster, we fucking love you. I'll tell you what, if you could swap seats with TIF, it'd be a much better showed me.
Speaker 4: I'm screwed. He's much better than I am.
Speaker 2: Nah TIFFs. All right, we'll keep you on.
Speaker 1: Favorite single artist, male or female that you've ubbish. They all have a band, but you know, when you go and see you know an artist that you love, Like when I went and saw Prince.
Speaker 2: I don't go for the band that.
Speaker 8: I loved your Prince story because I totally agree with that.
Speaker 6: He's probably the most I think he's probably one of the best guitarist in the world and massively underrated.
Speaker 2: What Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: I was blown and I played guitar since I was little. I'm not a great guitarist, but I'm I know what phenomenal guitarists look and sound like.
Speaker 2: And he's right up there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's one of the US. So my favorite artist Nick Cave or Paul Dempsey.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, I don't even know who Paul Dempsey is. Who's Paul Dempsey.
Speaker 8: We'll take you to see him and you'll be very impressed.
Speaker 2: All right, Well you might as well stay there and say goodbye Patty before we go. What are you up to today? Mate? Saturday? Have you got a date? Do you go on dates? No?
Speaker 4: No, but I'm available to go on dates if somebody. Okay, okay, I'm actually going to a natural bodybuilding competition.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of my clients has been a.
Speaker 2: Clothing You might get a date there. Just take what you need to do to fit in is take a little tap away thing of chicken breast and steams, rice and broccoli, take some baby oil and just call everyone bro and you could get a date.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, Yeah, okay, I'll take that on board. And I'm flying my drone again this afternoon and then tomorrow I'm putting on a little birthday celebration for a friend who's turning eighty Oh.
Speaker 2: Bless, what's what's his or her name?
Speaker 4: John?
Speaker 2: John? Happy birthday from me and Tiff.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday, oh god, specific, I'm what are you just saying? Happy birthday from me?
Speaker 7: And or that's a good pointing today I did fuck that up before that, John, Happy birthday from everyone at t YP And Tiff, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I believe that we might be going for lunch with Scott's brother today, and I'm also having dinner which I forgot about with a very good friend of mine.
Speaker 2: Right, and what about the dance with no pants? Is there any of that this morning?
Speaker 5: See if we squeeze that in at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give the up?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, the horizontal lombarda well, thank you so much for sharing that with us. I'm well done, Tiff. The way you just rolled with that fucking great. Patrick, tell people how they can find you.
Speaker 4: Please, don't websites now, dot com, dot au look, give us a message, tell us who's the funniest person is?
Speaker 2: I think it's Tiff. Yeah, what's dep not me? So don't do that. And also Patrick will be at the bodybuilding keep an eye out for him. He'll have a bandanna on and yeah, and a T shirt that says as hard as fuck, So that would be good. Thanks mate, see you Scottie.
Speaker 8: Okay, Thank you very very much.
Speaker 2: It's really lovely to listen while I was John Long Yeah, well done.
Speaker 5: Thanks TIV, thanks