Speaker 1: Welcome to the Late Debates.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Late Debate.
Speaker 3: I'm Caroline Marquez, joined tonight by Sky News contributors Joe Hildebrand and Louise Roberts. Now we start tonight with our delusional prime minister who reckons he'd be better placed than Peter Dutton to forge a productive relationship with Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Dalim's dreaming.
Speaker 1: Quality.
Speaker 2: Anthony Albernizi argues.
Speaker 3: It's his close ties with Indo Pacific leaders which makes him valuable to the incoming US president, telling the Australian newspaper Peter Dutton has not developed relationships with other people.
Speaker 2: Around our region and around the world.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess Albo's hoping Trump won't have noticed comments he made during Trump's first presidency.
Speaker 4: A lines with the US, we're going to deal with him. But that doesn't mean that you're uncritical about it. He scares acad of me, and I think it's some concern that the leader of the free world thinks that you can conduct politics through one hundred and forty characters on Twitter.
Speaker 3: So between Anthony Albanisi and Ambassador to the US Kevin Rudd, Luise I frankly don't know how Albo.
Speaker 2: Will be able to brown nose his way out.
Speaker 5: Of this one, but I'm sure he'll try.
Speaker 6: But I mean, this sort of mazing waiting routine he's trying to strike up is absolutely laughable because Trump's whole brand is you know, personal rapport, and he's also got a very long memory, particularly for insults, as you said, so he'll remember that, he remember Rudd having a crack at him as well. And I just don't think he sees Albanesi as a world statesman in the same way he views himself as well as somebody who can carry on to in the next election.
Speaker 5: Even beyond that as well, no one sees him.
Speaker 3: As well.
Speaker 1: Wants as a world statesman.
Speaker 7: I know, Albo John Trump that is Look, I actually don't think there's a problem with this as well. Donald Trump, for all the people go on about how you know he's you know, he'll destroy everyone. In his past, Donald Trump has proven himself time and time again to be incredibly magnanimous. He's been there's virtually, you know, no one on the planet who hasn't been critical of him. I mean, he's been critical of himself. He's had that many different positions.
Speaker 1: He was a Democrat and he was a Republican.
Speaker 7: And you know his running mate jd Vance famously was extremely critical of him and then said, well, I've changed my mind. Joe Scarborough the Morning Joe People on MSNBC. Who you know, like if you look up nauseating East Coast elites in the Oxford Dictionary, it has a picture of those two. But they were invited to Mary Lago and Jen. Trump says, look, come and show you know. This is what you got wrong, this is what you're missing out on. And the day, to their credit, went to find out how they had completely miss the American people misread the mood of the nation of the election. So Trump is shown that I don't think he knows or particularly cares who almost anyone outside his immediate inner circle is. So I don't I think somebody actually need to sit down and explain who.
Speaker 2: Kevin Rudd was aware of, who he said.
Speaker 7: He was, he was, well, he was told who Kevin was told who he said he was told who Kevin Rudd was. And as often happens, this is why he's so much fun. As often happens, when Trump gets told something said oh yeah, yeah, that he's nasty, he's nasty. She told him that's that's right, so.
Speaker 2: He can't hold brudgers. But you're right, there have been cent not if people.
Speaker 1: But not if people say they have to do enough.
Speaker 2: They have to do enough sucking up the ring. They have kissed the ring. And I don't know.
Speaker 5: Will be exactly what value does album is you hold for him?
Speaker 6: And he's sort of it's not you know, he's not hosting something called a networking event. He's got to have legitimate value to Trump to be part of that in a circle.
Speaker 7: I think if Albo can give Trump, and this is what he's saying, if Albo can give Trump access and insight to what he needs to do to operate in the specific region in order to counter the influence of China, which is Trump's number one priority.
Speaker 1: Despite what he says about.
Speaker 7: Canada and Mexico, China is the only credible sort of rival to or threat to the US, and China is building its own empire, a soft power empire, which you know in China is pretty hard power in the a specific regions then, and that is why we've got a football team in Papua New Guinea now to stop China from buying it off. With hundreds of millions of dollars. That's why we've entered deals with the Solomon Islands to stop China parking its warships there. So I think I think Albo can offer that kind of insight and then again with anything to Trump and say, look, this is what you need to know, this is how you can go and do all this.
Speaker 1: These are the players. This is what you're saying, John, how.
Speaker 2: To be a handsome boy.
Speaker 3: Then hands together, that's right.
Speaker 2: Look. Meantime, Anthony Alberizi appears to.
Speaker 3: Be trying on Trump's tough guy persona precize in an interview with the Daily Telegraph, the PM has ripped into both the Greens and the Coalition, blaming both for housing.
Speaker 2: And migration issues.
Speaker 3: Now he's blamed the Coalition for manipulating the migration system, saying that COVID visas was still in place when Labor came into office, and he's accused the Greens of opposing every one of his government's housing measures. Joe, do you think that this tough language works well for Albo?
Speaker 7: Shows he's scene the light and so he's doing the classic sort of you know, the classic sort of reverse for the Row Chambeau where he's kicking the coalition in the nuts over being too soft on migration and so that, of course, and also to to sort of you can little and lock down about COVID. Oh these guys, they still had COVID visas.
Speaker 1: When we came to power.
Speaker 2: Labor States during Absolutely, look.
Speaker 7: I was incredibly critical of the Labour States response during COVID and absolutely ferociously so. And they were insane, and I was believed or not. I went crooked at Albow for for reintroducing COVID tests for Chinese visitors coming here, which was done as a kind of diplomatic way to put pressure on.
Speaker 1: Where that latest outbreak was.
Speaker 7: But of course I was doing live talkback radio at the time, and I had all these people saying, oh my god, COVID's out there again, COVID out there again.
Speaker 1: We need to shut the borders, shut the borders.
Speaker 7: I'm like, holy crap, this is just repeating the exact same mistakes that we are now still trying to recover from. But having said all that, you know, that's done and dusted, that's the past. He is now trying to outflank the Coalition on the right, and he's also smashing the Greens, these humorous little trots who were the most anti Semitic, repulsive, anti economic, horrible, you know, literal, unreconstructed leftist forced this toxic sort of scurge in Australian politics, and he has been smashing them up.
Speaker 1: Say what you like about the guy. I have no argument there.
Speaker 2: About the Greens day.
Speaker 3: Yes, he might talk tough, Joe, and no argument from me about your characterization of the Greens. But Luis Albanezi has refused to say whether he would put it, refuse to rule out preference deals with the Greens, So all of that means very little at the end of the day.
Speaker 6: Well, I think most people know if you vote labor sometimes you vote may end up including the Greens as well.
Speaker 5: So but I don't know. I agree with what you're saying, Joe.
Speaker 6: But at the same time I think that Albanezi, by blaming the Greens and the Coalition was doing a bit of a dog gate my homework routine, like not really taking responsibility of something which he could have been more effective about.
Speaker 7: How's yeah, But the thing is he can't conjure up he can't conjure up a majority.
Speaker 1: In the Senate.
Speaker 7: You know, he can't pretend that he's got a majority and just pass things through. He does need to rely on either coalition or the Greens. And yes, of course every government in the world is going to blame you know, the crossbench or the opposition. And you know you could say, well, why didn't he win more seats in the first place, But I'm just saying it is just so good refreshing to see labor acting tough on things like migration, acting not like crazy chicken littles on COVID, and just toweling up the Green.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was so easy, I feel, to act like not like chicken little now on COVID when we're like, well over the pandemic.
Speaker 7: Therese are lessons that a lot of us, and you were among them, were saying at the time, people, Oh, we did.
Speaker 1: As I told you, because she told you. You were told you did know.
Speaker 7: You were just cowardly fools who refused to believe it and thought you're all about the science. But it turns out, according to every review, since you were complete and utter COVID denial us, well, all of the story.
Speaker 2: I think we can call them that roll of the story. They need to listen to us more often, starting right now. Look, a day after saying he wouldn't rule out using military force to.
Speaker 3: Take over Greenland and the Panama Canal, Trump has said that he worked will out using economic force to take over Canada.
Speaker 1: Are you also considering a military force to.
Speaker 8: An exit acquired no economic force? Because Canada and the United States? That would really be something?
Speaker 3: And now Trump supporters are pushing him to seize control of another country closer to home ours. This tweet from conservative US journalist Chadwick Moore was retweeted thousands of times. It said I don't want to give Trump any more ideas, but these guys don't have guns anymore. And the responses included enthusiasm for the idea from some Australians to remind us that we are the country that produced raygun. Look, Joe, I would take Trump over ALBANUZI any day.
Speaker 2: I know you won't. Why not?
Speaker 3: But I have to say I do hate this idea that we are somehow poorer in Australia because of our gun laws.
Speaker 2: I mean, the US is obviously a very.
Speaker 3: Different place to US with its right to bear arms, but I think most Australians would agree the fact we have farmer shootings here.
Speaker 2: It makes us a better.
Speaker 1: Place, not when America invades us and makes us it's the military.
Speaker 2: Still has them.
Speaker 3: They need to remember.
Speaker 7: When New Zealand basically got rid of all its military and everyone in Australia just went right doing the rounds and you know it had some poor little guy sitting in a diggy, you know, over a little water pistol. This is the New Zealand coastcard. I just love this all so much. I love the fact that you know, Donald Trump and the Graby showed there. So do you seriously be you know, we're seriously saying we're going to take over Canada and make it our fifty first state U seeing military force and trucks.
Speaker 1: No, not military force, economic force, all right, serious, fantastic. It's just hilarious.
Speaker 7: And that is actually the same way I feel about our brothers and sisters in New Zealand, because I reckon Australia and New Zealand should become the one country of Australasia and we could all share in the bounties of you know, whatever it is New Zealand has to offer. And our stuff we've got sheep, that's right, we eat in Australia, but you know that's fine.
Speaker 3: Don't go earlier times love eight pm snaijo, not the usual ten o'clock for those kinds of sheep jokes. Louise, should we become the fifty third US state?
Speaker 5: And some people look, it's a nice idea, but it was clearly a joke.
Speaker 6: But what I thought was interesting is the take up it got a lot of people are very enthusiastic about more American involvement with Australia, and I look on more for strengthening ties with Trump obviously as you are too so, but yeah, actually becoming fifty third stay probably not well.
Speaker 1: Make the Greenland then are yes?
Speaker 2: And Panama Canada?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I thought he was just one of the water in Panamas a whole lot.
Speaker 2: It sounds like it.
Speaker 3: Who knows, who honestly knows? Make Australia cronic?
Speaker 5: Can I say? Look?
Speaker 3: Staying on Trump and the Mexican president has responded to the US leader's intention to rename the Gulf of Mexico the Gulf of America.
Speaker 2: Mammos America a Mexican.
Speaker 3: She wants to call it Mexican America. In case you couldn't read it then subtitles underneath the captions and watching that President Trump's just plonked a seventy five percent tariff on Mexican imports. I'm told Louise, I mean, I don't think anyone can do Trump like Trump can do Trump.
Speaker 2: And when they tried, it is a little bit sad.
Speaker 6: Look, I think she wanted this to be her micro drop moment. So she was saying to Trump, if you think you're going to take over and rewrite history, forget it. Here I am with the map which proves that we're separate, engesting you can't take us own, and had a bit of a joke herself in renaming America.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, Trump does Trump. I look, those tariffs are going to be absolutely crippling.
Speaker 7: That's the thing is that Trump does Trump, and he does all the all the sort of big song and dance routine, all the bright shining lights, look over here, and then he just bang something over there. And we saw this with all a lot of the announcement of his cabinet, and you know, he throws in one guy who he knows is never going to get over the line. Everyone's hyperventilating about him. The new Attorney General I think it was. And in the meantime he gets just everything else he wants all through. And so again people four for this kind of what they think, people on the left for what they.
Speaker 1: Think is this kind of buffoonery.
Speaker 7: But while he's talking about all this stuff, he is just smacking these tariffs on it. And what is you know, what is going to happen here? They will say, so say all right, all right, all right, just cut the tariffs to fifty percent or cut in twenty five percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, And Canada is all right, all right, we'll give you.
Speaker 7: We'll do thirty percent tariffs, but please don't invade us and make us kick you first.
Speaker 2: It works, doesn't it. It's all about the art of.
Speaker 3: The deal, and he has really shown that to be his forte. He's a wellness, he's a billionaire, exactly, He's.
Speaker 6: One of the world's greatest negotiators. He's proven that time master time. But the fact that he's back in the White House, that's a testament to that, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 7: But again, like if he went to Canada or Mexico and said, all right, twenty five percent tariffs, I would say.
Speaker 1: Are you if he's kidding me?
Speaker 7: You create twenty five No, absolutely, no way, blah blah blah blah. And he just goes right in, drops this giant bomb, and I can guarantee you'll have you'll have Mexico saying, you know what, call it the Gulf of America.
Speaker 1: Just leave us with twenty five percent, please exactly.
Speaker 3: And you know what, it is already having an impact because Mexico has been working hard to break up migrant caravans that are heading to the US border already ahead of Trump's inauguration, in order to avoid that threatened.
Speaker 2: Twenty five percent tariff on goods.
Speaker 3: Now, the Mexican government has been dispersing migrants across the country to keep them as far away from the US border as possible, including dropping them off at the once famous Moorist destination of Acapocook Who Comes the Sun. Look, it's not so much an Elvis film set anymore.
Speaker 2: It's more of an organized crime spot and one of the.
Speaker 3: Highest homicide rates in the world there. But authorities are dropping off bus loads of migrants there under this new policy of dispersion and exhaustion.
Speaker 8: Joe.
Speaker 2: You know, as I.
Speaker 3: Said, Trump hasn't even got into office already, and this strong talk is already working.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly. And again it's this sort of madman diplomacy. It's like, holy god, you know, this guy's crazy. We don't know what he's going to do. We better all behave I keep saying. It's like when you've been you know, fighting with your brother and sister all day and making absolute you know, wrecking the house, and then you know, your dad's coming home is really angry and something.
Speaker 1: We're better, you know, we don't know what he's going to do. We better for our best behavior.
Speaker 2: And half lately exactly right.
Speaker 1: Your mum's coming home, which is really angry. I'm the pushover.
Speaker 7: But again, it's like and it's just like what the southern governors and mayors did when they you know, what Ronda Sanders did in Florida when he said, right, okay, you're not going to you're not going to shut our borders, you're not going to protect our borders. We're going to fly all these guys to Martha's vineyard see if you're like it there. And it is amazing how quickly the nature of the debate changes when you have these sort of you know, again, these affluent East Coast elite progressive suddenly have this migrant crisis right on their own doorsteps.
Speaker 1: Suddenly it's intolerable.
Speaker 7: Suddenly, no, no, no, this is not my dog, This is not what meant at all.
Speaker 1: Oh no, this is outrageous behavior.
Speaker 3: This is Remember when they tried to take some of them to Saint Martha's beenyard. It was a completely I shouldn't say safe, but it was Martha's been in and they just wouldn't have bar But would.
Speaker 6: They absolutely that's a very exclusive, you know, weekend of bolthole straight out of New York. So the fact that, as Joe says, championing their calls and raising funds and having all these beautiful lavish dinners to you know, put the kids through school, et cetera, when it was.
Speaker 5: On their doorsteps, they were mortified. They did not they would not leave the city.
Speaker 1: You put them in Akapolca or cankun. I reckon, it's got to be be a bit worried right now. And were you next guy?
Speaker 7: And suddenly you will find something can get done. Suddenly this is intractable problem that we all have to work live with if you live in ol Paso, but not anywhere else.
Speaker 2: And next the wall. It's coming, folks.
Speaker 3: And meanwhile, Trump has blamed California Governor Gavin Newsom for the widespread havoc caused by the California wildfires. Five people are dead and more than eleven hundred buildings have been destroyed by out of control wildfires burning around Los Angeles. Trump posted to his platform truth social governor newscom news cumcum, I gotta say, I got to keep this clean, Governor new scum, this spelling intended. Refused to sign the water restoration Declaration that would have allowed millions of gallons of water to flow daily into many parts of California, including the areas that are currently burning in a virtually apocalyptic way. He wanted to protect an essentially worthless fish called a smelt.
Speaker 2: He is to blame for this.
Speaker 9: In fact, Trump warned about this sacrifice in California water for this fish, the smelt, back when he did the Joe Rogan podcast weeks before the election.
Speaker 8: In order to protect atony little fish, the water up north gets routed into the Pacific Ocean. Millions and millions of gallons of water gets poured.
Speaker 3: Now, a Newsome spokesperson has heaped back accusing Trump of politicized.
Speaker 2: As the fires. But I mean, doesn't look left already do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, all this talk about climate change being responsible for.
Speaker 7: It, I thought the time to talk about it was now. No, this is the time to talk about didn't the fire hydrants actually run out of water?
Speaker 5: They did?
Speaker 1: They did? Yes, how does that happen? I don't.
Speaker 7: California's already run out of power multiple times as constant brownouts. But again, if a fire hydrant runs out of water, that seems to me a pretty like that is as big a failure of government service as you can possibly get. I mean, I don't know much about firefighting, but I do know that the one thing a firefight hydrant is.
Speaker 1: Meant to have in it is water.
Speaker 7: And I would not have believed Trump's crazy story about the fish were it not, of course, that the exact same thing is being foisted.
Speaker 1: It was tried to be foisted on the Albanesi government here with the Morgan.
Speaker 7: Skate in Beautiful Straw and in Macquarie Harbor in Tasmania, where they were actually the Left were actually the Greens and the environmental were pushing for the entire salmon farming industry to be shut down to save some weird little stingray thing that lives at the bottom of Macquarie Harbor and for some reason refuses to travel, kind of like Melbournians. But again, so again, you wouldn't you think, no, Trump's just tripping. There's no way this could actually be serious. And yet you see the same thing being played out here, and Albo stood up to them and said absolutely, no way. But the looting left has the same crazy the environmental looting left has its same crazy ideas here that they're trying to foist on workers in Tasmail.
Speaker 3: No, in Australia, that's happening on the hard fringe left. In California, it's happening among the governing party, the Democrats.
Speaker 2: So you've got this incredibly.
Speaker 3: Popular Californian governor who is probably not long well, probably not now. Today has been a real and the last couple of days have been a real turning point. But this scene, it's like serious mismanager, mismanagement because what Trump was saying is that that was a huge amount of water that would have been available for them to flow from Canada, and decisions that Gavin Newsom made to protect a fish in order to and to stop a dam ended up leading to this.
Speaker 2: Situation that's right right now.
Speaker 6: Trump had organized for well basically presidential order to have this water come down from northern California, which should have helped loads of farmers, let alone, you know, really helped the area that is now on fire around La and Santa Monica and right out to Pacific Palisades as well. So and yet you see that the governor like almost he was boasting Hi out of the fact that he'd sort of saved this fish and close his dam down. And to anyone who's got a rudimentary knowledge of fire fighting, you need water. But the Santa Ana winds always come in around the winter there, and they've been very hot, and that's why the you know, and it's been very dry, and that's why there's this catastrophic situation in California.
Speaker 5: But he should know that.
Speaker 7: But also but just again White and like there's the recurring theme here good on the rule of three.
Speaker 1: You know, suddenly when.
Speaker 7: You're asylum seekers in Akapolcos, people are starting to notice it. Suddenly when they're being bust to Martha's Vinus where the rich love to play and eat and greet and meat suddenly, oh now we have to do something, and you can guarantee that all these Hollywood celebrities who would have been the biggest environmental champions, you know, the first they'll blame it all on climate change.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure there's a fact there.
Speaker 7: But again, let's just see how much they care about this fish now that they're beautiful, multimillion dollar mansions are burn into the ground and.
Speaker 3: Sports Smelt is going to get much of a look in with the Hollywood elite anymore. I'll tell you something else that La County, which is obviously the district where these horrific buys are taking place, they've been mocked for focusing on diversity, equity and inclusion rather than you know, so saving lives.
Speaker 10: Our focus is to teach our new employees, for them to understand cultural competency, identify implicit and unconscious bias, and be aware of the importance of us having a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Speaker 3: You know, Luis, voters here in Australia hate this. I think they would hate it in America as well. Watching these homes burn to the ground. I can't imagine the amount of outrage it will cause people to think the focus in these firefighting authorities has been having more diverse firefighters in the force.
Speaker 6: Well, that's right, and this program was introduced three years ago, so just sort of calculated how much money and time and efforts been put into this diversity program. Whereas we talked about lack of water in the fire hydrants, also there hasn't been enough fire is on standby to actually attend the fires themselves.
Speaker 5: And if you think about being a firefighter per se, naturally it's an inclusive job.
Speaker 6: Everyone works together to put out fires and their only goal is to put out fires and save lives. Probably save lives first, I would say, I would hope, yes, absolutely all try and save a building and so forth. But the fact that that any hesitation in a situation like that because they're worried about maps not being appropriate to another fiery or isn't it not diverse enough in the unit, was just insanity. We should not be putting that ahead of people's lives.
Speaker 3: I think we've seen so far too often recently how DEI has completely damaged institutions.
Speaker 1: At best, it's an utter waste of time and a distraction. And again I just this sort of stuff.
Speaker 7: It is destroying not just these kind of institutions destroying the left that is promoting these things. Again, DEI destroyed the Democrats. It literally just destroyed the entire Democratic Party.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that Kamala Harris was a DEI pick?
Speaker 1: I don't have to, Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: Joe Biden actually said.
Speaker 1: And this is I mean, this is why it is so completely and utterly cooked.
Speaker 7: Right, But Joe Biden said that he would appoint a black woman as his vice president. Why would you even why would you even say that, like as though that would automatically make it I mean, I can't think there are anything more racist than sexist and say, oh, that will automatically make her more qualified or do you just mean that will automatically bring in all the female and black votes because they all think the same.
Speaker 2: Insult for the person. Because the female cat was.
Speaker 7: Supportive of that, that that was the criteria he had for picking his VP. Then when it actually came time for her to have a crack at the top job, he stood in her way and refused to go.
Speaker 11: So an old white man, stop this black female vice.
Speaker 7: President I know, actually coming anywhere near his job in remotely a timely fashion which would be disastrous anyway. And then of course he hangs on so long that the Democratic Party, despite being called the Democratic Party, cannot have a democratic process and is stuck with this deipick, who it turns out, is utterly incompetent and cannot string a sentence together. And there would have been countless women and countless black people who have been far better candids, or you could have just don't know, selected them on merit or had them.
Speaker 1: Actually fight for the role. Who would have thought crazy. So again it has literally destroyed it.
Speaker 7: But also there talking about this stuff and teaching critical race theory in schools and everything, we are seeing among particularly among you know, working class middle American communities that are actually doing it tough and going backwards. Every time the left starts talking about this crap, they go, you're not listening to me, you don't understand what I'm going through.
Speaker 1: We're voting for the other guy. And you see it time and time and time again.
Speaker 7: We see it in Australia as well, where working class people are turning increasingly to parties like One Nation where they feel like at least Paul Enhanson speaks the language they can understand, or is talking about issues that they are worried about.
Speaker 1: And as soon as you know, again the Morgians skate.
Speaker 7: You've got green urban groups, You've got you know, groups like you know, the Australians doing poles of mainland Australians about whether this fish needs to be saved at the cost of hundreds, if not thousands of working class jobs.
Speaker 12: People are opposing. This is the Australian Workers Union. These salmon farming, salmon industry jobs, they are all blue collar jobs. They are all working people. We're not talking about the rich, you know, salmon capitalists smoking their cigars lit up by one hundred dollars bills.
Speaker 7: This is the Left turning on the working class again and people absolutely hate it.
Speaker 1: And again it is tearing apart the Americans as well.
Speaker 7: And when you see the firefighters doing that, and then you see those houses being burnt to the ground, it's not you know, it's not identity bias.
Speaker 1: So they don't have to identify bias. They have to identify fires. The phone call might have gotten a bit scratchy.
Speaker 3: But Louise, how many black firefighters were on the ground to help rescue people in the last couple of days.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm sure people are really concerned.
Speaker 5: I'm sure it is.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, that's right, and Hammy Latina and how many you know Asians except you know, it's not down to that. And also, I really feel this DEI trainee real insult to people who choose to be a firefighter. I mean, amongst the most bravest people in the world. You think about nine to eleven, how and all we were of them after that, And the fact they're being force fed this diversity training, I think is an absolute insult to them because they're there to save lives, they're not there to beat woke.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, outgoing US President Joe Biden made an awkward gap.
Speaker 2: Yeah can you believe it? Yeah, I know, I'm That.
Speaker 3: Happened during a briefing with officials about the California wildfires. Here it is, while, was that the time to talk about your new Maybe announcements are beautiful, Joe. No one's saying that it's not a beautiful thing, but seriously, read the room.
Speaker 2: Now is not the time, Joe.
Speaker 7: I know we've lost a lot of lives in these fires. But on the plus side of the ledger, I've just made another alignement.
Speaker 1: Does that help it's just off the reservation.
Speaker 6: Its pod to There's everything about his presidence so totally self obsessed, you know, the fact that he thinks it's a good thing, addressing people whose houses are burnt to the ground.
Speaker 3: And there was this awkward laughter from the crowd. I don't think they knew quite how to respond.
Speaker 5: It was a bit why is he saying this?
Speaker 6: Sorry, you've got a great grandchild and your great grandson, but please the.
Speaker 2: Same Well, he wasn't even sure if it was a great granddaughter, a great.
Speaker 1: You're kind of not sure. Is it a joke? Is he actually with us? Does he remember where he is?
Speaker 2: I don't even think.
Speaker 1: But also, like, how.
Speaker 7: Surprising is that every time you read that Joe Biden is still the president, if you actually forget, like Trump is there and again Trump is there just dominating the agenda, running the world already, You've got Ukraine, Israel ran also of bowing to the will of this car now Mexico and Canada, And you think, oh, that's right, Joe Biden.
Speaker 9: I know, so true.
Speaker 5: It's wicked at Bernie, isn't it.
Speaker 13: It is?
Speaker 3: But everyone was complaining when he seemed to be on perpetual holidays once he lost the election, and I just think at this point people are like.
Speaker 2: Go back on holidays. Direct sit this one out until the inauguration.
Speaker 1: Wasn't the near of la on holiday or he was?
Speaker 2: That was another thing.
Speaker 3: And she was asked she was away and in Ghana all places exactly, and she's she was another person another example of an elite I guess in California who's just completely mismanaged the situation.
Speaker 2: And she was shown up today quite well.
Speaker 7: Actually maybe brings me to be the fires and said Biden over to do whatever, that would.
Speaker 3: Be a welcome relief to a lot of Americans. I think, look still on fires. A pizza delivery man who rescued four children from a burning house fire in Indiana has responded to calls from Donald Trump Junior for him to receive a Presidential Medal of Freedom. Nick Bostick's daring rescue was captured on bodycam footage two years ago, but was reposted by the president Elect's son earlier this week, saying Bostick deserved the medal more than Democrat donor George Soros and the other clowns awarded the medal by Joe Biden. Now Elon Musk also replied to that with a simple year, and the man himself, Nick Bostick, was pretty.
Speaker 2: Happy with that.
Speaker 13: You get recognition from the men the man, you know what I mean, President Trump's son.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Now, Louise, I do think that people like this are much more deserving candidates than Hillary Clinchon and George Sorris and all the other people that.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden recently gave this Medal of Freedom.
Speaker 3: I want to see a return to real life heroes being recognized what they.
Speaker 6: Do, absolutely not who they've called up to or who they've paid off or whatever. But this Nick Bostic character is just amazing. I mean, when he went back in to get the six year old girl from the birding house, actually went out the window on his back to allow her to fall into his stomach, so it wasn't such a brutal for for her.
Speaker 5: It's incredible. And I also love the way that Donald Trump Junior used the word clowns. Oh, that was terrific.
Speaker 6: That was a really good assessment of the elitist people who normally get these types of awards, and the general public are like why they got the award when I could name one hundred people who were far more deserving and worthy in the community.
Speaker 7: Well, I reckon like the same with aos and every honor here. I think Keating was absolutely right. So you don't get there, you don't get any honors, any words for doing your job. It's only for people in the community who are doing going above and beyond, who go out and work their job, work like a dog, work harder than most of us, and then still find time to volunteer or still find time to help out the local community. And they are the ones who should get all the gongs as far as I'm concerned, although if I am offered one, I will take from on their behalf.
Speaker 2: But you go, you go and above it beyond, Sancho.
Speaker 1: You know, I do a lot of community work at the local bar. You the cry on boosting a lot of lonely women out there.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I'm sure your wife will enjoy hearing that one.
Speaker 3: Louise, I think you know there's a real appetite for these types of stories. Now that that pizza delivery man, I should say ex pizza delivery matter, because what happened he revealed as well, was that after that daring rescue, he actually had to go to hospital for a few days.
Speaker 2: He lost his job because he didn't turn up to work as the pizza delivery guy. He was a hero.
Speaker 3: So he's an ex pizza delivery man and he's just been living a normal life since that event two years ago.
Speaker 2: But happened to be retweeted by the president.
Speaker 6: Alec Sun finally got the recognition he desired, finally got that. Sadly, let's hope he's in a career now, he's respected and you know, and cherished.
Speaker 5: H He's an amazing man, absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: Let's hope.
Speaker 3: So I think things are shifting under Trump's presidency to be now coming up more net zero lunacy that could see your overseas flights go up a few hundred dollars a year. Stay tuned, welcome back, well, Aviation experts have worn a new net zero flight tax in the UK could add hundreds of dollars a year to the cost of flights, including for Australians traveling overseas. The new charge, introduced on January one, requires airlines fill their planes with at least two two percent green fuel and move away from using traditional jet fuel louise. Yet again, these governments seem to care more about this warm, fuzzy feeling of appurring to do the right thing for the environment, whereas I'm not quite sure what amount of impact it would even.
Speaker 2: Have at the expense of its people's budgets.
Speaker 6: That's right, So why go after the ordinary traveler, I mean the traveler in particular, Why not if you're going to look for a tax, maybe put a tax on the fuel that goes into private jets.
Speaker 5: Surely that'd be I know, because we are profitable as well. But I agree there's no proven benefit to the environment of doing this.
Speaker 6: And also apparently the green fuel is three times more expensive than the regular jet fuel. You know, we're all suddenly jet fuel experts, I guess.
Speaker 5: But what's the point?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, for Australians wanted to go to London and another tax another thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: And you would go quite often.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's right in the UK.
Speaker 2: Original would it make you think twice about solutely?
Speaker 6: I mean, the tickets are already high anyway, and accommodation the Aussie dollars fluctuates as it were.
Speaker 5: But we don't. We don't need this because what's the benefit. What's the point? There is none?
Speaker 7: I just love the fact that this sustainable fuel is made from substances including used cooking oil and plant based products. Now, I remember that when E ten came out and every single car expert said, whatever you do, do not put this.
Speaker 1: It will be terrible if you motive blah blah blah. I don't know if destroyed or whatever whatever it seems to be faith for.
Speaker 7: But quote, do you really want to be rolling the dice on a giant floating piece of metal ten thousand meters in the sky with five hundred people on board?
Speaker 1: So you know, what are you running on their cat? Just a bit of used cooking oil.
Speaker 2: I even get that amount of used cooking oil. How did they collect it?
Speaker 3: They just turn up to biople's houses after that, rearrested.
Speaker 1: The choppings in the car bar. Yeah, that was gonna be nice.
Speaker 7: But again, I mean they just I mean, how actually efficient is it? It's more expensive, and then is it actually working or you're just sort of diluting the fuel that does work with this more expensive stuff to make you feel better.
Speaker 5: Traveler, just leave them alone?
Speaker 3: Well, I just keep thinking when you have the biggest polluters in the world like China, who don't have to make any of these sorts of concessions.
Speaker 2: Why are we all penalizing ourselves And it's going to make oil the rivers fleet, that's where it needs to happen.
Speaker 1: You're right, show Melcom Australia.
Speaker 2: Less than to quite a miracle story this week.
Speaker 3: A twenty three year old tiger who was lost for thirteen days in rugged New South Wales bushland. He's survived on foraged berries, creek water and two musli bars he found in a hut. I meanwhile, Missy, but hardly gets me through to lunchtime, so I don't know how that happened. Experts say medical student Harding Nazari's access to water was crucial to his survival and the Coosiosco Wilderness Luis, this is a remarkable survival story. Mister Nasari had been missing since Boxing Day and I think many of us feared the worst.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, we all thought the worst, very much so.
Speaker 6: And I love the way that he when he was rescued, he made a big point of thanking his rescuers in everyone who'd worked hard to obviously getting back on to safe land as well. But I think we need to bring him into schools to teach resilience. I think he's an incredible story of how he's just kept his mind saying, looked around for food and come out the other end not sort of bitter and twisted or hysterical.
Speaker 5: He's come out very calm. Is a tremendous young man.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that calmness and his attitude probably was a big part of his survival story. And the experts said the fact that he got close to water would.
Speaker 2: Have been a huge thing. Apparently you can survive three weeks with food. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Water water water is the killer. So you've got to get fresh water otherwise you're dead in like three days.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I think it was.
Speaker 7: But but yeah, it's phenomenal. It is just the most phenomenal. But it's just so weird, like of all the things that were you know, you think about bear grills eating you know, like you know, deer testicles or bird eating spiders or whatever it is. And this guy managed to find a hut with some music bars, like I just came across this lobster thermidor.
Speaker 1: I had to make it last two weeks.
Speaker 2: It was very lucky, so lucky, and that he didn't get poison berries. I don't even know if we have them here. Clearly I wouldn't survive for a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Rumby snowy mans probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, amazing story. We're all very happy that it had a happy ending. Not such a happy story. A deep fake scandal has rocked a Southwest Sydney high school after a year twelve student used AI to create pornographic images of his female classmates and post them online. The New Southwell's Education Minister Preuka called the allegations disgusting and said the matter had been referred to police and the EA Safety Commissioner Luis. Deep fakes had been a huge concern recently. Mainly they've been in relation to big celebrities like Taylor Swift had her own scandal, but now even schoolgirls have to be concerned about this and their parents ny fids.
Speaker 5: In laundry school in city. This is what's happening.
Speaker 6: And all credit to the school in question because they were all over it and they emailed the parents the name of the boy as well, which I thought normally i'd think, well, he's underage.
Speaker 5: So protective ideas.
Speaker 2: I was surprised to see that.
Speaker 5: Yes, but I think the strategy.
Speaker 6: Behind it is the girls and the parents can actually do some minding on their social media to see where he's intercepted them, or where he's trying to blackmail them or whatever he's trying to do. But as the mother of a sixteen year old girl, I saw this story and it made my blood run coal because we're constantly telling Taylor, you know, don't take any photos, be very careful who you're following on social media, be very careful who's following you. Nothing is real, and we've really trying to educate her about deep figs and stuff because this is exactly what we're worried about as parents, and it could happen to a girl, who.
Speaker 5: Could happen to a boy as well.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 5: They're all fair game, as Tina.
Speaker 3: It's true, And so much of the awareness and the internet literacy recently Joe has been about don't send nude pictures of.
Speaker 2: Yourself, don't send this, But we're talking about innocent, innocent, Yeah, I got that one too.
Speaker 3: Innocent innocent classroom photos, innocent group photos that this boy has allegedly taken and used to create this terrifying like that.
Speaker 1: There are issues just absolutely everywhere.
Speaker 7: There are issues at every school, not just high schools, with primary schools as well, which is terrifying enough, and just the access to it. I actually though, found found this almost strangely. The silver lining I think is that I think AI will become so prolific and be used so much, and I think there are a huge you know, in a sense, the genie is probably already out of the bottle and there's not much we can do about it. We'll try to regulate it, but we'll always be playing catch up, and of course will only the regulation will only be as good as the regulators are more tech savvy than the pirates and the cowboys and the karatas and whoever else wants to make money out of it, which has got a great track record. But what it does mean is that for all those horrible cases.
Speaker 1: Where women in particular girls together have.
Speaker 7: Been exploited and have had things circulated, it almost just blurs the line so much where you know, if anything happens, you know, if anyone's got any nude photos of me that are going it's a deep bake, well it's not even me, and people would have no way really of.
Speaker 3: Knowing, well, that's the excuse has already been used by politicians. We recently had one, I think it was in South Australia who said that a drug scam norls involving.
Speaker 2: Fake that.
Speaker 11: You opposition South Australia must be stopped at all costs. No matter what we have to do to bring this man down, we need all hands on deck. He's got his hands on the nuclear curds. The love of God, you could cancel them by an your festival at a time.
Speaker 2: And the way that they're going to do that is with deep fake.
Speaker 7: And that's why I reckon this stuff will actually be No, it's obviously it's not good, but it almost kind of says, you know what, Actually it's all become many.
Speaker 1: It's such a sewer.
Speaker 7: It's so easily manipulable that suddenly, you know, to everyone out there who's got anything embarrassing anywhere on the internet, just say it's a dead fake, don't you know? No, I didn't say that stuff that my boss pulled out at my job interview, Like, No, that was the other that was a deep fake.
Speaker 3: Joe Hill the brand right, it is a selver ligning. I suppose if you need to reach for one. But for teenage girls, there's not going to be absolutely different.
Speaker 5: Life changing, absolutely life changing.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean they're already you know, sort of microcosm of judgment and friendship, group explosions and all sorts of terrible things that are going on. To have this on top of that, as you say, totally innocent, legit school photos, social media pictures from school events and stuff being corrupted in this way.
Speaker 5: It's just appalling and it won't be the last time we see it.
Speaker 7: Actually deep fake a shot of the guy who did the deep faking, see how he likes it.
Speaker 1: I know, augmented appendages.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 2: Maybe he'll like that, who knows, I don't know, but it would be some form of justice. I suppose a.
Speaker 3: Victorian police sergeant who allegedly performed two Nazi salutes and said Hail Hitler in front of colleagues will not be charged, despite the offensive gesture.
Speaker 2: Being banned in the state. The sixty five year old woman worked training.
Speaker 3: New police recruits as well as executives, and was suspended with pay in October, but in a statement, Victoria Police announced we have since received advice from opp that based on the circumstances there is no reasonable prospect of conviction. That's the Office of Public Prosecution. Now when you see the story, Luise, it's suddenly a lot easier to understand. I feel why there seems to have been so few arrests in Victoria in relation to anti semitism, in relation to extremism and due hatred. If there is an alleged problem within the police force itself, then when we're being told that the law, the existing law can't be enforced.
Speaker 6: And their own police officer is breaking it as well, I mean, I don't know why they have made an example of this cop. I'm a big support of the police force nationally, but she's clearly about apple and how allegedly yeah, alliguli, But how are other people, other police officers, rather supposed to enforce the law when they can't get their own he illigedly in order as well.
Speaker 3: So I mean it is I hear this time and again from Police Joe, not just Victoria police, but here in New South Wales when I go to them as following up on what seems like an obvious criminal offense that's occurred in relation to extremism or anti semitism, and I get told the legal advice they've received as there isn't enough evidence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so why I have the ban.
Speaker 7: And again this is be why I have a problem with bands generally, because if you're just if you're just banning all these things without the actual context and without things like intent, which is pretty critical to criminal conviction, then there's just no it's just simply virtue signaling. And again, you know, I think there could be you know, people, she might have been doing it as a stupid, misplaced joke or to show off or whatever whatever I think there and there would be countless hate preachers and other figures who would be I think of far more danger, far more of a threat to Jewish people and to Australians generally, who can practice all their stuff to and can plot and prepare and commit these offenses without ever having to use this osticker or say hail Hitler or whatever it is. And so if you're just looking at the empty the gestures.
Speaker 3: We don't know though the circumstances of this case, it could have been. I guess you could hypothetically say she could have been showing these recruits and executive leaders what you cannot do under the law. But I don't think that a case or complaint would have been made.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, we we all know.
Speaker 7: You don't know, but people are usually just you know, the most sensitive person in any situation is going to be the one most likely to complain. But again, you know, whether this was an active of actual out and out white supremacy or duration.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It used to be in the good old days.
Speaker 7: If someone was behaving like a bit of a dictator of telling you what to do and you didn't like it.
Speaker 2: That's true. We've got to go to a break.
Speaker 3: But coming up, a transactivist both about using a loophole to change his license before the TikTok backfires.
Speaker 5: That's next.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, a transgender actor who posted a TikTok boasting about using a loophole and Florida law to change genders on a driver's license has seen the stunt backfire.
Speaker 13: I just got my gender changed on my driver's license in the Free State of Florida. My God, Rhonda Santras would be screaming right now if you know about that. Here's the loophole. Here's the loophole. Listen up. If you're replacing your driver's license and not renewing it, but replacing it because you lost it. They have to take all of your information from what they consider a primary document. A passport is considered a primary document, and you can self identify on your passport, Rhonda Santis, you can suck my transit.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: After becoming aware of that video, Florida authorities promptly canceled the license.
Speaker 2: Lewis, I guess Randa Santas is having the last laugh after all.
Speaker 5: He certainly is.
Speaker 6: Then that's a disgraceful display of trying to scam a government authority and then being an idiot and boasting about it on TikTok.
Speaker 5: I mean, what does the expect really, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do the scam and just shut up about it.
Speaker 7: If you're luck a bank robbing gang with this guy, I know, please don't just go and tell the police that we robbed the bank and how to do it.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: So many young criminals are doing this now and they're realizing it's leading them straight into.
Speaker 2: The arms of police. Look, that's all we have time for tonight.
Speaker 3: Thank you for watching. I'll be back tomorrow night with a late debate up next. Liberals in Power Part two,