Speaker 1: Wait wait, general, Welcome to the Late Debates. Good evening and welcome to the show. I'm Frey Leach, joined by Holly Hughes and Joe Hildebrand filling in for Caleb Bond and James McPherson. Here's what's coming up on the Late Debate. Pay rises kick in four millions of bossies, but so do the Bills Council, backlash over a popular women's only space being handed to one religious group, plus the UK government's plan to put solar panels on lakes and locals can't object. We start the show with good news tonight for millions of Australian workers. From today, the Fair Work Commission's decision to increase National minimum wage takes effect. The minimum wage is going to be increased by three point five percent, with the hourly rate rising to twenty four dollars and ninety four cents. While this is undeniably great news for the three million people working on the minimum wage, other things are also going up this financial year. Your power bills, tax on your super the cost of sending letters, internet prices and new vehicles thanks to Labour's ute tax. So, Holly, while this is great news, is it really enough, and you also think about the three years we've had where we've seen declining living standards, falling real wages. Three point five percent is nice, but it's.
Speaker 2: Nothing because it's really not competing with inflation in the real world. And we know that we're saying increasing costs across the board, whether it's at the checkout, whether it's your energy bills or at the petrol bowser. Things are just going up, up and up all the time, and Australian families are really struggling. But what worries me about this is there's been such a slump in productivity and this wage increase hasn't been tied to it, and the imposts that it's going to have on a particularly a lot of small businesses that are struggling as it is and battling with these costs, particularly their energy costs, that this is just going to be another addition cost for them without them necessarily saying boosts in productivity, cuts to red tape, all of those things are just increasing for them.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can say, all right, other things are going up as well, but it's worse if they go.
Speaker 3: Up and the minimum wage doesn't go up.
Speaker 4: Surely, and again you can say that it's nothing really, but it's fifteen hundred bucks a year more one five hundred dollars a year. That's going to be enough to make up the difference in the increase in most people's power bills, especially with the government things. So I think, you know, we can kind of get a bit too doom and gloom. Oh everything's terrible, the government's ruined everything, blah blah blah. Actually inflation has come right down in.
Speaker 3: The last figures.
Speaker 4: It's at the very bottom end of the RBA's target bandit. I think it was about two point one and the bandmid's two point three two to three percent, So you actually can't get a more perfect figure that is exactly where the RBA wants it to be. And these are, you know, the lowest paid workers. They're often unskilled workers. There's probably not much scope for them to increase their productivity. They're they're slacing it out as hard as they can as it is. It's probably the workers in the middlehood. So I think I think it's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, show's optimistic. I love that, but I guess the problem is here. The thing with inflation is that even if inflation itself is not going up. That is just the rate of change. The prices have still gone.
Speaker 5: And they're not going back down and they're not going back down.
Speaker 2: And so when we did say those big jumps in inflation, we saw the prices went up, whether or it was at the supermarket, we saw in energy bills.
Speaker 5: We're not seeing them come back down inflation.
Speaker 2: They might be growing at a slower rate now, but they're still growing.
Speaker 3: So wage increases should be right.
Speaker 5: Look what totality and the reality is that.
Speaker 2: Can businesses afford because they're having their superannuation imposts go up, they're having all the increases go up on the and their energy bills, and we know many many businesses are finding stresses under that, and that we know that these businesses aren't getting the trade going through.
Speaker 5: And what's going to be then.
Speaker 1: And also exactly a good point and where are these wage rises coming from? This is a centrally determined decision by the Fair Work Commission. This is not coming from productivity, it's not coming from innovation. It's coming from from a centrally determined wage setting, which means who's going to pick up the slack fruit. We're already seeing record small business insolvencies. Many are operating on raizor thin margins even and and labor costs are one of the costs that have gone up substantially since the pandemic were a corresponding for in productivity. So it's great for some, but does it risk doing more damage to the economy overall.
Speaker 3: Well, it's great for more than it's not great for.
Speaker 4: There are more people on the minimum wage than are employing people on the minimum wage. So if you're looking for the greatest good for the great.
Speaker 1: Those businesses can't operate, then they won't have jumbe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think most of them do. And most of all business are very resilient. And if you just sort of say, you know, if.
Speaker 5: Your position is, they should be put to the test.
Speaker 4: But if you're saying, oh they should if no legal minimum wage, it should just be whatever the market, you know, can bear market.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think anyone seriously thinks that. I think it's good that we have a minimum wages while we have such an advanced economy. The vast majority of business is big and small can and will accommodate this, And I think it's fantastic.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that the problem is it's so much broader than one particular issue, and unless we start getting serious about looking at the five thousand additional pieces of red tape that this government's introduced, the cost of doing business is out of control.
Speaker 5: And just adding.
Speaker 2: More to those bills for small business and medium sized business owners. You know, you've got to make sure you get those leavers right because the unemployment rates have been really good, but that doesn't mean they're going to stay that way.
Speaker 1: Exactly. So true. Well, a council run women's rest refuge is being handed to an all male Islamic organization. Canterbury Bankstown Council will pay the Lebanese Muslim Association to take over the rest center. They're going to provide more culturally appropriate services, including family mediation by a shaikh, reports The Daily Telegraph. The center has been a safe space for women to meet and care for their babies since the sixties and more than one hundred and seventy women use it each week now. For me, this decision raises a number of concerns. Firstly, the Lebanese Muslim Association has links with fundamentalist Islamic organization. His book to reer. They jointly hosted an outrage rally on the one year anniversary of the October seven terrorist attacks by Hermas, and that leads to my second concern. Will the center under Islamic leadership operate according to Islamic law? Under Sharia law, we know a woman's testimony is worth half that of a man. Women are not treated well. And then finally, ratepayer funded women centers, surely they should be religiously neutral. This just seems so wrong on so many levels.
Speaker 2: You read stories sometimes that just give you the eke, and this is one of them. And you know, I really feel for the women that use this center. I'm one of those terrible Western women who breastfeed my babies when I was out for lunch or wherever, and you.
Speaker 5: Know, wasn't particularly fuss.
Speaker 2: But we know, particularly Muslim women, those that are wearing much more modest dress, they're not going to be particularly comfortable.
Speaker 5: I think if the shake's in.
Speaker 2: There somehow, breastfeeding the baby under the burker, I don't know how that works, but you know, it is concerning that a council funded place is going to start taking on a religious flavor. And I think the fact that it is a women's rest area, and that to me says it all that this is a place that the women go, and when you have babies and have children running around, there's certain thing Mums want to talk to each other about things that are going on with your own body, with your own babies and different things, and I don't think that losing that place is going to help those women at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's an interesting one. I think.
Speaker 4: I cannot wait to see how this plays out. But I think that to be honest, the more banal store I think it is, Canory Banks down is pretty cash strapped, and they felt that it was just cheaper to let someone else run this center. I'm not sure how intensively used it was, and I very much think it's not really going to be a women's center for very long. I think the words that they've sort of used, oh yes, we're going to have a focus on women's stuff, but.
Speaker 2: Family mediation that sort of sounds like a nice word for shari divorce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think it'll just be a sort of broader sort of community center that will kind of morph into something that I suspect won't be particularly when's focused. But I cannot wait for Just think about all the future controversies that go. I mean personally, you know, how are the women who use the place going to be treated? They're going to be able to breastfeed? Are they going to be able to you know, if they're going to have women's only spaces they go, what happens if a trans woman decides that she wants to be able to use this.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure that's going to be but I think someone this is going to be the ultimate quiz for Palestine ben diagram.
Speaker 3: This is where the rubber hits the road. It is all going.
Speaker 2: You need to know these people, Joe, because you know, the Labor Party.
Speaker 4: I don't know about a couple of calls.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure you could probably get much. Maybe we should get them out.
Speaker 4: They're very much more green than a labor But again, you know, there's this idea that oh no, you know, everyone's you know, and there's one big progressive omni cause and we're all on the same page. The women said to run by the Lebanese Muslim Association, I think is the perfect Petri dish, to the perfect experiment.
Speaker 3: To see if all of this works.
Speaker 4: And I just think throwing a few trans issues just to help first century.
Speaker 1: You know, I think there's also another element here where multiculturalism only works if we have a shared culture, shared values, shared experiences, shared community. And the risk here as we see cities moving in frankly, a more segregated direction, where you have people indifferent, be they religious, be their ethnic communities that are separate from one another, you will start to see a breakdown in that social fabric. And I think it's so important for our country and our city that we have opportunities to meet with one another, especially as women, as new mothers, and if you have an overtly rate payer funded religious women center, you risk losing that well.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, when you talk about multiculturalism, I'm not one hundred percent sure multiculturalism has actually worked. When you think about some of the first wave, whether you know, we've got a lot of Italians and the Greeks, and then in the Vietnamese that came through after Vietnam War, there was more of an assimilation that came through. They bought their culture, but also introduce their culture much more I think to the Australian population and it's become a part of our culture.
Speaker 4: But at the time, that is exactly what people said about the Vietnamese and the Greeks and the Italians. They said, they don't belong here, They're not like us. You know, they're just going to start gang wars and everything. I remember, I remember when you know, the Vietnamese gang wars were destroying Sydney.
Speaker 3: And Terian paperata.
Speaker 4: We're saying the exact same gal there, and a generation later that that problem has been ameliorated. And people said the same thing about the Lebanese that came here and that will go away as well.
Speaker 5: And again they're not religious.
Speaker 2: This is a religious point of difference, and I think that's a really significant difference here. We're not talking about cultural in the sense of the country that you're coming from and bringing traditions from your your country's culture. You're actually talking about religion, and you're looking at them trying to bring you know, converts across the radicalization of the youth. It's actually religion.
Speaker 3: That's a normal.
Speaker 5: I think the religious side of it is very dangerous.
Speaker 4: Any can I decide that women Santa was already excluding men, so it wasn't actually very fours started with, well.
Speaker 1: It will be interesting to see how the Council navigates this one. But a world leaning study from Edith Cowan University has found that certain migrant communities are having more sons than daughters, suggesting it's likely due to sex selective abortions. It's been reported in the Australian that Indian and Chinese mothers have a substantially higher abortion rate in early pregnancy than their Australian born counterparts. For third children, Indian born mothers gave birth to one hundred and eighteen boys for every one hundred girls, while for Chinese born mothers they had one hundred and fifteen boys for every one hundred girls. Australian born mothers had a much more normal distribution of genders at one hundred and five boys for every hundred girls. Now, when you're undergoing things like IVF, you can't sell elect for sex. But now most parents or many parents find out the gender of the baby at around ten weeks, and in most states you can access abortion for any reason up to twenty four weeks. That window there when parents know the gender of the baby and then can access abortion for any reason whatsoever, And there are no safeguards around sex selective abortions before twenty four weeks. That opens up this can of worms that is seeing thousands of girls go unborn in Australia. Now, Joe, this is a really hard one because obviously a born is a very hotly debated ethical issue. But I think whether you are a pro life or pro choice, surely, as a matter of women's equality of equal rights to life, boys and girls should have equal chance at being born, and sex selective caution is just evil.
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think it's pretty sick, although I think from the cultural viewpoint of where a lot of these people have come from, it would seem very very normal. We know that the ancient Spartans used to take female babies and leave them to the elements, and so they could have a race of warrior warrior, a warrior cast In China, of course, you had the one child policy, and that meant that if your one and only child was a girl, then you were much less likely to be able to rely on because of the way the society was structured, you were less likely to be able to rely on that girl being able to grow up into someone who would be able to earn enough money to take care of parents. In old age, and so you had these huge you had this huge, almost industrial scale thing where you know, female infanticide or abortion, and they were just disappearing. And of course this suited the government perfectly well. But more boys would also help control and slow the population great. So I think it is really really creepy. Where do you draw the line. Do you then say, all right, you know, I want a baby with blue eyes and blonde hair so they can go off and join the Hitler youth. I mean, once you start playing god like this, I think it's a really slippery scores exactly.
Speaker 1: And there are now thirty million fewer women in China than men because of sex leftive abortion. It got so bad that even as far back as the nineties, in the early two thousands, the Chinese government actually banned pre natal gender screening for non medical purposes because this was such an issue and they knew where this would lead demographically. Obviously, human trafficking is now an issue.
Speaker 5: People.
Speaker 1: You have all these men who are literally like searching for a wife. They will not be able to have their own families. This seems just shocking that this is coming to Australia.
Speaker 2: And again this is talking in the similar vein to what we were just talking about when the cultures come here and really assimilating as a part of our culture, because you know, we do like women have the same opportunities and should have the same opportunities as boys. There's plenty of successful women out there.
Speaker 3: Sorry, do you know what?
Speaker 5: I actually missed what you said?
Speaker 1: And I'm starting.
Speaker 3: Party. Got Susan there, Susan there.
Speaker 2: Look, sorry, you know, uncalled for on the day of Shade, my first day of freedom.
Speaker 3: I know, happy, happy, happy liberation.
Speaker 5: But no, I mean, look, this is.
Speaker 2: Where the cultures aren't aren't blending and aren't yelling because you know, there should be as much value, of course put on the life of a baby girl as a baby boy. They're beautiful when they're teenagers, it's a whole different matter.
Speaker 4: But you know, culture jelling just because this happened is terrible.
Speaker 5: That part of it that they're bringing that culture.
Speaker 2: And that belief that boys are somehow going to look after the family, boys are going to do not all boys are going to but.
Speaker 1: It's at a level that is statistically significant, and in home countries, in China and in India, you now have a generation of missing women millions that don't exist. So I mean, yeah, we have to make much more so.
Speaker 3: Than over here, which is suggests that they are assimilating.
Speaker 1: Yes, but we can't. We can't let this go unchecked. I need to call it out where we see it. And I would also argue put in more safeguards to make sure sex selective abortions.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent spot on either those gender reveals in the in the ultrasounds, so you know, you could.
Speaker 4: Be maybe you just have no one get to know, don't get to know every single is a surprise.
Speaker 1: Well that's what they tried in China and it did reverse the trend a little bit. But we've talked on this show a fair bit about AI and how it's going to revolutionize the way we do so many things. But one magazine in Europe has found this out, particularly the Belgian editions of El and Marie Claire and a bunch of other popular women's magazines have been using AI to write hundreds of articles that they then published under the names of fake journalists. One of their journalists is Sophie Vermullin, who's written a whopping four hundred and three articles for l Online just this year. Four articles in six months. Her profile says she's always ready to inspire you with fascinating stories and practical tips. The only problem is her profile, her photo, and all of her four hundred articles are completely AI generated and none of this was disclosed.
Speaker 5: Holly, that's the dangerous part.
Speaker 2: I think if people are open and honest and say, you know, my husband and I went and looked at a house on the weekend and it said in the ad that it was AI generated photos. Yeah, it was pretty significant in the way the photo had been altered and didn't look anything in real life versus the AI was very, very different. But you've got to be upfront with that that this is AI generated. When we look at AI, this is the next industrial revolution. If we're not preparing ourselves for what change is going to come and how it's going to impact in the white collar jobs more and more, this is where we're going to see the change, where those jobs are going to disappear. And this is a great example of what could happen. I mean, you and I were on something the other day and I had to do a description and asked to give it ten words on me, and it was incredible.
Speaker 5: I mean, look I'd almost hire myself reading.
Speaker 4: Don't find that profound I find that profoundly disturbed. Like, firstly, to be honest, I think it's actually almost the middle class has come up, because typically the middle class has been the last people kind of hit by massive industrial change, and it's always been the working class who are the ones who've had to be put out of work with the massive climate change at zero transformation, it's overwhelmingly working class people who are being forced to sacrifice their jobs on the altar of progress or whatever it's called. And now it's our turn, and I think we're seeing how scary it can birt.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting that you bring up the white collar jobs because a one psychonic Dutch car navigation company, Tom Tom, is laying off ten percent of their workforce, which is three hundred jobs, so they can embrace AI. It does raise the question is this the beginning of mass unemployment in white collar jobs. The co founder of Magellan, which is a big global investment firm started here in Australia, has given a grim warning about AI. He thinks we could see the stock market collapse by up to seventy percent in the next decade as AI disrupts all sorts of businesses and leads to mass unemployment. The mass unemployment will lead to mass poverty, less demand and the economy and an overall shrinking And I don't think, Joe, we've really come to terms with what this might mean.
Speaker 4: No, that's exactly right, and I think there will be I think will have an absolutely devastating effect. We've already seen a phenomenon with and I know that many people who have been the beneficiaries of it, of basically people with arts degrees creating their own jobs, creating their own industries for them, and and that you can see it right across the sort of you know, not for not for profit sector, the non governmental sector, whether all these organizations that just sort of exist to make us a better world or something like that, but don't actually seem to have any economic output. But again, so I think, strangely enough, those are the kind of organizations that might be kind of exempt from this, and again that's kind of unfair.
Speaker 3: So you will have this elite that is exempt.
Speaker 4: Journalists again, practical journalists, the journals who go out day and day out and get yarns, court journals, I reckon sports journos, could be really really effected.
Speaker 5: Because I can only bring up what's already been that's right.
Speaker 3: But you could put a court you could put a court judgment. You could put it to be out to.
Speaker 4: Court judgment through a chatbot and it will write in a conversational, newsworthy way what that court judgment says. It will be able to automatically center itself for any any court orders. It would automatically legal itself.
Speaker 1: And one of the key jobs that will be disrupted are those administrative based roles like paralegals. I have a friend who did an internship at a big Australian tech startup and they said they weren't taking on graduates the following year because it was all being automated with AI. These are the smartest data science graduates from a top Australian universities and they can't get jobs in Australian tech companies because AI is literally replacing everything.
Speaker 2: It's just I was just so ironic that just a couple of years ago we were pushing kids into stand you've got to have to go and get these sort of engineering jobs.
Speaker 3: It turns out it was a cliff Yeah.
Speaker 2: It turns out that that's.
Speaker 5: What makes you unemployed?
Speaker 3: I just asked before we go, what did AI say you were?
Speaker 5: You were so fabulous.
Speaker 2: I'm very influential, I'm conservative, sometimes controversial. Everyone should google themselves, its gpt themselves.
Speaker 3: I'm not ready for that now.
Speaker 2: I did my husband if he didn't come up at all, and he said, see how boring I am.
Speaker 5: I don't even have a five public profile.
Speaker 1: A bit of late debate homework for you right there. Well, now it's time for thee.
Speaker 2: The day.
Speaker 1: Is that new our dope of the day. That is a new scene right here on the Late de Bay. What started as a reckless internet trend has taken a very serious turn over the weekend in Dubai, former NRL star Stephen Proctor was knocked out cold in a run it straight competition.
Speaker 3: Run It.
Speaker 1: He does not look very well, so as you can gather from that clip, this trend is literally two people completely no protective equipment whatsoever, and the whole point is that they run into each other at full speed. That's the extent of it. And just last month a teenager in New Zealand died doing this exact thing. But despite the tragedy, there is now a league for this sport. I guess we might be able to call it the run It League. And they're pushing ahead with a competition that will award two hundred thousand dollars in prize money. Naturally, medical experts are alarmed by what is essentially commercializing serious concussion and injury. And what's worse is that many of the participants in these challenges appear intoxicated. Now, we always talk about male grain have.
Speaker 5: To be intoxicated to do that. I thought that would have been a.
Speaker 2: Compulsory part of the criteria or a serious many young.
Speaker 1: Men andously underdeveloped prefundal cortex for these young men.
Speaker 2: But this just looks like Darwin isn't in action, like it is just this is insane. Is this why we need more boys? Like, honestly, this is what we're getting.
Speaker 3: It's just the dumbest thing in the world.
Speaker 4: Yes, this is Kevin Proctor, not Steven, although thinks his name is Steven now and it is just so phenomenally phenomenally stupid. I mean, firstly, as if there's not enough of that in rugby league already, I mean, people are already talking about the long term brain im pacts and playing contact sport and I'm not a wowser like that. You get plenty of that, You get plenty of contact.
Speaker 5: Brains now, and that's dammy.
Speaker 4: You get plenty of contact in footy already. You don't need to go out looking for it, say oh, you know what's missing?
Speaker 3: You know, we know.
Speaker 4: What would be really great about football is if we just took away the football and just ran into each other.
Speaker 3: Got a football.
Speaker 2: One of them is carrying a football because I don't know why.
Speaker 1: But it's just for shows. They're not we're not.
Speaker 4: Trying to score or anything like that, just charging into each other.
Speaker 3: And I love the fact that they've got all.
Speaker 4: These guys with sort of lanyards like standing around in uniforms like, oh, don't worry, it's okay, it's official here if you do. I'm a doctor, that's rights. My caveat is, yes, let them do whatever they want, but you do not get access to any medical care on the taxpayer dime for any injuries that are incurred with you deliberately putting your head on the line just so you can look like a knob.
Speaker 1: And the idea that this is now going global as a new sporting league is frankly absurd. But what else is absurd is what the UK government is trying to do to achieve NETS zero by twenty to fifty. They say the number of solar panels in the UK has to quadruple. So where are they going to put these monstrosities lakes and reservoirs? Yes, you heard that correctly. The UK Energy Secretary wants to put solar panels on the UK's lakes and reservoirs and make it more difficult for locals to object. I mean, that is hideous, Holly, but doesn't this just show the true glass of net zeros.
Speaker 5: This is just laughable.
Speaker 2: When are people going to wake up and see what is going on?
Speaker 5: And if it's happening in the UK, trust me.
Speaker 2: Chris Bowen's watching tonight, I'm sure he is never missus show.
Speaker 5: Here'll be thinking what a great idea.
Speaker 2: I'd never thought of the damn so I didn't think about putting solar panels out on Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 5: But here they come. They'll be here next But we.
Speaker 3: Don't need to. This is the thing.
Speaker 4: Look, I don't know how to break it to people in the UK, but you've been living there for long enough, you know what the weather's like, solar powers just ain't for you. Solar panels just they are not your golden ticket out of there.
Speaker 3: This is just you have many great strengths.
Speaker 4: I am a great lover and friend of the United Kingdom and as a great student of student of English history, but the sun is not your strong point.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's just economic suicide for Britain. They are zero point nine percent of global emissions while they are impoverishing their own citizens monetarily and also polluting their views with these hideous solar panels on beautiful lakes and reservoirs. China is building two new coal fire power plants every single week. They're increasing their emissions. Can you just imagine them.
Speaker 2: Out the front building about the front of downtown Abbey and then you look out at the beautiful the lake out the front, and it's covered in solar panels made by the Wigas using modern slavery Chinese inverters there that make sure that China can control them all.
Speaker 5: So yeah, win win, win, win win.
Speaker 2: Like, seriously, when are people going to wake up to this insanity?
Speaker 1: And renewables are also apparently quite dangerous. Some image out of Maryland in the UK shows a wind turbine which fell well being transported and crashed into a road with traffic.
Speaker 4: I think that's just a blade from the window, one bland blade. That's amazing, you just I find it just quite mind blowing. How just big, enormously huge they are.
Speaker 3: That's all right.
Speaker 4: Lots of big things are good, like the big pineapple, the big marino, the big wind.
Speaker 1: Turbine, wind turbine blades on roads.
Speaker 2: The big wind turbine blades that are not biodegradable that will go to landfill. You that use an enormous amount of carbon to create, and it is just a complete and utter fallacy.
Speaker 4: You put a little circular staircase around them and make it a tourist attraction.
Speaker 3: Then stick it next to the big marino.
Speaker 5: I saw the dead birds just dropping from the sky.
Speaker 1: Let's not do that. But in your report into anti Semitism at Harvard University, released by the Trump administration, reveals shocking levels of hatred the Jewish students have had to experience while the university willfully ignored it. The report says Jewish students were spat on for wearing yamakahs, they were stalked and subjected to chance of Chile Hitler. It's unbelievable stuff. Trump's Anti Semitism task Force wrote to the university, warning that if they don't implement institutional changes, their federal funding would be at risk. Now, Harvard received nearly eight hundred million dollars from the federal government since twenty twenty three. We've seen this war between Trump and Harvard going on now really since the President took office. But this report shows conclusively, without a doubt that this hatred being reported by Jewish students. It's not just people complaining, it's not just snowflakes winging. This is real, This is serious, and Harvard has ignored it. Well.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, they're not a line, you know, they're not the lone ranger, and they're not the lone ranger in the US. We've seen it here at home, and it's completely unacceptable. Sydney University has now got demands from those that had the pro Palestinian camp with their investments, telling them what they need to divest themselves of to make these pro Palestinian protest is happy, which of course we know they will never be happy because there will be the new cause of d jure. But this is appalling, and we know what's happening. I think Trump should hit them with the federal funding. Hit universities where it hurts, and that's the funding levels. I'd be interested to know too, how many buildings around Harvard have been donated by families of former students or former students that have Jewish sounding surnames, because I have a feeling there might be a couple and some of those universities might start to see their funding reservoirs driver up. And a lot of those universities in the States are particularly reliant on their alumni.
Speaker 5: Contributing to them.
Speaker 2: And you know, former Jewish student of Harvard, I wouldn't be giving them much.
Speaker 3: Well, Harvard is a private university.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why it's getting any taxpayer US taxpayer money at all.
Speaker 3: And they have a.
Speaker 1: Multi billion dollar endowment exactly right, and again much of which would.
Speaker 4: Have come from wealthy Jewish families who would have donated to it. Have you noticed, though, it is always the most elite universe, is where this the most prevous, This violence, this this this hatred, this nastiness, this extremism is always the most prevalent. And he's always and as a tale as old as time itself, and it goes all the way back. You know, Karl Marx and Frederick Engels. You know, they had their own vineyards and factories and everything. These people were not the working class, but the most extreme, the most radical are always the most overprivileged, just you know, soft handed, lily livid and noodle armed, little tofts who have too much time on their hands, don't have to go out and get a real job, and have decided that they're going to embrace that's but also try to make themselves more interesting a bit like you know, the acts of.
Speaker 3: Glassenbriga going to show court they are because they're totally into bals done the other thing that is really good fun. Well not if you're experiencing it.
Speaker 4: But again, every single time any of this comes up, you'll always hear people say, oh, no, we're not anti Jewish, or we're not anti Semitic, we're just anti Zionist, or we're just anti Israel. So why you're spitting on tr just because they're wearing a yarmaca. Again, it just falls apart immediately. Did you spit on them after you had and a half hour debate about the price, and if it's a two state solution. No, it spit on them cause Jewish and I reckon. That is another thing as well, which is that it's a way for again overprivileged little twis who just want to be radical and crazy because there's it's something I call the outraged trdess. So you have a certain type of person at a certain age, i e. Rich and young, who wants to be outraged about something, has no actual oppression, wants to be able to sort of embrace someone else's sort of piggyback on someone else's depression so they can look like a freedom fighter and look like a hero and show everyone how smart or aware or virtuous or woke they are.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't matter what the issue is.
Speaker 4: All that matters is the outrage that they have, and it has to go into it. And as there's less and less actual genuine outrage and less and less racis my home of it gets channeled into a small and smaller thing.
Speaker 2: But it like less than ten years ago, forty nine people were killed in a gay nightclub in the US because an islam that's when he was outrage about anti tvt stands. And now those exact same people who were up in arms.
Speaker 5: There are now out there pro.
Speaker 2: To stying these people just so they don't have values, because it's just whatever course to sure they can find.
Speaker 1: And my concern with universities is they are a microcosm for what our country will become. Alban Ezi started as a left wing activist on campus at Sydney University.
Speaker 4: Now is it mainstream center prime minister governing for all Australia.
Speaker 5: You know what, wy the AI takes his job only probably do better.
Speaker 1: But this is the worry, right I've sat. I just I recently graduated from university and I've been in student meetings where there were seven hundred students present in the auditorium. I moved an amendmental emotion saying we need to condemn Hamas and condemn October seven, and it was voted down seven hundred to ten. And that gives you a picture of where things stand on the campus. And I do accept that young people have always been progressive, but now it is I think it is worse. It is more vicious, it is more hate filled. And because people just get all their news from TikTok and social media, they're never exposed to any opposing views. They end up in this echo chamber of hatred, and that is a symbol of where we're headed as a country.
Speaker 5: And that's the reflection, and that's the real worry.
Speaker 2: And you know, hopefully they're all studying data engineering a job and that will disappear because AI is going to come and take their jobs.
Speaker 3: They're not campaigning for the universal basic wage.
Speaker 1: So exactly. Well, coming up after the break, we'll bring you tomorrow's papers. Today, sex offenders and criminals are winning the rights to work with children. Stay tuned, Welcome back to the papers. Let's dive into tomorrow's copy of the Daily Telegraph. The headline is creeps in the classroom working with children. Checks are being granted to sex offenders and criminals so they can teach in classrooms and alongside miners through successful appeals to the state's administrative tributal. Now that's all on the cover of tomorrow's paper, so I'll be keen to read what the rest of that article says. But it is shocking.
Speaker 2: It's just such a warped priority of whose rights are more important in this situation. You know, is it the right of someone to get a job working in a primary school, or is it the rights of all those children attending the primary school.
Speaker 5: It should be prioritized here.
Speaker 2: And by looking at that, you start to think we've once again got our priorities around the wrong way. And you know, I'm sorry, you just nah, you don't put sex offendors. We've got that awful case in Victoria now with twelve hundred kids having to be tested for STDs and we're talking babies from five months. No no, no, no no, And whoever is saying that it's okay should have their positions reviewed at.
Speaker 3: The Well, that's the whole thing, isn't it. It's there.
Speaker 4: It's the government's trying to do the right thing and it's banning them, and then they're appealing it, and they're going to the administrative appeals tribute or whatever it's called state, which are always which are always that's right, and there's state there's for everyone as well as each state has one these sort of quisi judicial bodies. They're often kind of jobs for the boys, like you know, you know said you know, and and they're almost invariably kind of Santa Claus courts, which will just give the appellent whatever they want because either and you know, well court courts are bad enough doing that sort of stuff as well. But but they but I think because there is that sort of lack of really sort of hard nosed judicial rigor, and it is a bit more like a kind of less foremost sort of hearing.
Speaker 3: Okay, right, just don't go.
Speaker 4: You know, here's here's your school check, here's your bus driver appearance.
Speaker 3: Just don't right.
Speaker 1: Are they appealing this, like what right do you have if you're a convicted sex offender or criminal to get a working with children's check? And what is the points of working with children's checks if sex offenders can get not to.
Speaker 4: Show, not to reveal too much how the sausage is made. But I suspect that someone within the government who is extremely frustrated about.
Speaker 3: This is the person who has has perhaps.
Speaker 4: Said and said, you will not believe. We are trying to stop these people from getting in our classrooms, and the administrative views keeps overturning our decision, and you see it happen and everyone you know, they are.
Speaker 5: The state government.
Speaker 2: They can legislate if that's the case, and maybe that legislation needs to be brought in.
Speaker 5: So there is no I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'm sure they will because they are the one true north.
Speaker 3: They are the political heart.
Speaker 2: For this country, not just being unbelievably successful. In your mind, you have no right to complain about anything because you've got labor every day labored right, and so that's why everything would be great.
Speaker 5: I'm not quite sure everyone out there agrees.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, Chris Man, he's out there. Have you seen how handsome he is? And that's before you even get to the policy work.
Speaker 1: Colly, tell us what's happening in the career mail tomorrow. Seriously, we're all in.
Speaker 5: The wrong game.
Speaker 2: You got to be John Secar, You've got to be in the CFMEU because as they're going into insolvency, they're making sure they're giving whopping big payouts to all of their top guys, including Seca four hundred and fifty k from Secca. Now, the only thing I am relieved about here is that's four hundred and fifty k less they've got to give to the Labor Party for the next election. Because we know this is why the ABCC has gotten rid of We know that Labor cannot do enough for the CFMEMEU. It's why we've got additional red tape and regulation that's not sure, absolutely unbelievably tied to the Labor Party.
Speaker 5: And they're going to say that the lights that you can say.
Speaker 3: You could have said that years and.
Speaker 1: Years rubbish, years rubbish, the Labour's biggest years a till maybe last.
Speaker 4: They're not affiliated anymore. They're in a massive bust up with the Labor Party. They're trying to go down the Labor Party. They're trying to tear down the Albanezy Labor government. That's why I got ninety four sirs.
Speaker 1: Only now they can't exert the same level because they were until about two minutes ago.
Speaker 4: The first things out they did on becoming leader was expelling John Sedka and then they eventually they eventually.
Speaker 5: After they got to the ABCC, that was the first.
Speaker 4: They eventually got rid of the whole union. The whole Union is no longer affiliated with the Labor Party, and that's why they're so pissed off. And that's why they're feathering their own nest because they don't have any other nests to feather.
Speaker 1: Well, they do, they're going to the Greens. The Greens the.
Speaker 4: Member for Griffith, but it was a very strong ally and that's why he was so successful as the Member for Griffith at the twenty twenty five federal elect that's right, a sorry Max, my mistake.
Speaker 3: That's on me, buddy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, going to Adelaide now the city of the future, where the Adelaide Advertiser, great little paper says, holy Moldy, what would you know? It's a CFMU again, thugs in takeover. CFMU controls women's and kids market development. The CFMA has taken a stranglehold of the three point two billion dollar new Women's and Children's Hospital, which is the pride and joy of Adelaide on North Terce.
Speaker 3: I think it is. They absolutely love it.
Speaker 4: And the Adelaide Central Market redevelopment and the Adelaide Central Market obviously the beating heart of the city. South Australian construction leaders are warning. So there you go. CFMU is up.
Speaker 3: To its old tricks.
Speaker 4: And I think the South Australia and the Victorian and the Tasmanian CFM, you are all kind of interlinked and they're all trying to be the same thing.
Speaker 3: And the Victorian one, of course, is the one that had John Sepeka.
Speaker 4: But look, it's all going to be absolutely fine because thankfully the Canterbury Banks Down Council has steped in and the c FU is now going to be given control of the Women's Center in looking well, I was.
Speaker 2: Going to say let him know that when it had like the three point two billion just became six point four billion, because the CFMU will make.
Speaker 5: Sure just blow out, blowout, blowout.
Speaker 3: He's all done. I'll tell you something for free.
Speaker 4: Anthony Albanesi is no friend of John Setka and has not has been.
Speaker 1: The one sensible thing Albo has going for a good job. Well, moving on to the Australian now, the Roundtable Revolt on super Labor is bracing for its controversial super tax to be a sticking point at its landmark Economic reform Roundtable, as unions joined businesses in warning Jim Charmers and Anthony Albanesi that their revenue grab needs overhauling. Now, this is interesting because labor has talented this economic round table as a once in a generation opportunity to build consensus. Yeah, can census is around the one policy that is probably the most stupid taxation policy we've ever seen, which is the tax on I realized capital gains it too, but there's consensus around that. But it's the consensus that labor doesn't want to hear, so they conveniently ignore it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And you know the fact you've got unions in business, it's so rare that they get to come together and agree on an issue. It's you know, it's a new cord Hoied O'Brien out there, the new shadow treasurer. To see Ted O'Brien out there in total agrees with Paul Katy with something I just never ever thought I would say, you're going to bring it down. You absolutely are going to ruin superannuation. It's going to ruin it for the young people. Selling mcmanor. She's out there the head of the ACTU. Not a good thing for young people. But Jim six his fingers in his ear la la la la la and won't listen because everyone's not telling him. Jim Bo, you're going to be the next PM.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said last night.
Speaker 4: And look, I think Jim Thomas a very smart guy, very good treasurer. But it's I think he's sort of dying in a ditch. He doesn't need to die. And I would now call it and say London to a brick. They will index it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is not a winning policy for them by any means, but also in the Australian just quickly, the PM's sixteen million dollar team, it's time to earn it. Australia's seventeen highest ranking public service mandarins will be paid combine renumeration packages valued at up to sixteen point three million dollars, in addition to travel expenses and other perks, as Anthony Albanisi directs them to get more out of Labour's ballooning bureaucracy. The Prime Minister's sixteen heads of department on Tuesday one pay bumps following a renumeration tribunal determination last month which believed the increases for all department secretaries and elevated new Treasury Box Jenny Wilkinson into the one million dollar club, alongside Albanesi's top bureaucrat, Stephen Kennedy. And this is the fundamental problem I think a lot of Australians have. It's not about demonizing the public service. They do do good work. But when you see the amount that top bureaucrats are getting paid while average Australians are just struggling to make ends meet, it really does make you wonder is this the best use of money, absolutely not. But coming up after the break, Megan Michaels fruit picking posts amongst debate as Royal fans spot inconsistencies find out after the break welcome back. Australians are known for their coffee consumption and some are willing to pay extortionate prices. But now, apparently, Joe, it's not just limited to coffees, it's also for their childrens.
Speaker 4: Some are willing to pay extortionist christs. Look at you, victim blaming their customer. This I'm just going to read it out as calmly as I possibly can, frayer, and then I'm going to have my say the headline as you can say. Baby Chino price saw across Melbourne as Herald's Sun reveals cheapest cafes. Thank you, Harold Son, You're doing the Lord's work. The cost of a baby Chino is higher than ever, with Melbourne cafes charging up to three dollars fifty for a baby Chino. The Hana's gone around. It is surveyed fifty coffee shops and said you know how much blah blah blah, three dollars fifty. Some are I think the median price is two dollars eighty. There was one in five cafes that gave away baby chinos for free. This is just ten years ago, and that's what they should be, by the way.
Speaker 3: Now. It is just now.
Speaker 4: There was just two out of the fifty that they survey, so that's one in twenty five.
Speaker 3: Now, no one.
Speaker 4: Goes to a cafe just to get a baby chino.
Speaker 3: The baby chino is the thing you get.
Speaker 4: After you've ordered everything else, your ten flat whites, your croissants, your banana breads, everything you're trying just to keep the show on the road, and the baby chino is the one thing you get at the end to shut your baby up because it's screaming from the plan and wailing and moaning, and you can't give it decaf, and so you just give it something to stick in its gob and rub its little face in so it can be entered out. And if you get a couple of marshmallows, that is the sign of God's work here on earth. And the idea that you have cafes charging three dollars fifty to what should be every inner city, middle class, white progressive latte sippers.
Speaker 3: Right, it's an absolute disgrace, right.
Speaker 1: Well, we know what Joy thinks. Thanks for that, Joe Biddy. It is outrageous.
Speaker 3: It is upright.
Speaker 1: Fifty is almost the price of coffee for frothy milt rot.
Speaker 3: Oh not anymore.
Speaker 1: It's the way some of them justify the three dollars fifty cafe. They justified it by saying, oh no, we have three marshmallows in there as well. Pl luxury.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 1: But tell what's about Meghan Markle.
Speaker 2: Well, Megan's caught herself out again in it comes to another photo shop incident. Now there's a story about her allegedly picking a ripe apricot from the street. See closer in the photo, every acre on the tree is green except the one she's holding in her hand that is detached. So somehow or other, having lived on a farm, know that the fruit in the inside of the tree tends to ripe it. Later, I think maybe she's got an apricot from the Whole Foods and.
Speaker 3: Just using it she controls the seasons.
Speaker 5: But look, I can.
Speaker 2: Find that story and I'm happy to put.
Speaker 5: A link up to it.
Speaker 2: There's actually another one of her feet and it's very disturbing. So you've got to zoom in on these, but her second toe is resembling et Go Home.
Speaker 5: It's a bit more like a finger.
Speaker 2: One foot looks normal, and then there's something weird going on with that left foot. That's a photo shot fail or there's something going on. Maybe it's AI generated fate, because goodness may they could do with some help. That's actually really concerned me a whole.
Speaker 3: Lot I violated. That's changed me.
Speaker 1: The fake authenticity from Megan Mackle is cringey, but that is it from the late debate. Up next is The Reader Panekey Show.