Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gaddigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and Elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Brittney Saunders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh, plus we talk a lot about ourselves as well.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, Matt has some haters.
Speaker 2: I've been canceled. Finally, everyone, the day, the day has finally arrived that I've been canceled. And you know, I've been waiting for this. I've been whitened with baited breath to the day I get canceled. And it's happening thanks to of all things, La Boo boos, deal me and Doll. Let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning Matthew.
Speaker 2: Now, baby oh, I can't stop.
Speaker 1: We've been in Hebrew bit like, just trying to set up for the day and I haven't even heard that song, but I just been gone.
Speaker 2: It's going to get stuck in all of your heads as well. Hello, good morning, how are we.
Speaker 1: I'm great. Actually, I'm really excited today, Matt. Yeah, it's my book publication day.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Well by the time you're listening to this, it was yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Gorgina Ballerina Cappuccina. So stoked you're finally actually officially a published author. Yeah, it's stunning.
Speaker 1: You're next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully fingers crossed. If I can be bothered? Do I have the time to write a book.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited about it that I honestly want to start writing my second one and then just have it done and then say, hey, here's my next book, Like no one's asked me, but I think I just want to do it anyway because I actually really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: That's my vibe. Get it done so that if someone says, write a book, I can go dunning. Oh that's so exciting. No, congrats. And where can everyone get the book if they haven't already?
Speaker 1: It's available exclusively via book Topia. But also I have gotten my hands on some extra copies myself, and I'm going to be putting it in our Fate stores, just in the Fate stores, not on the Fate website. And I'm doing my book tour which is literally starting this Friday. If you're in Fate Society on Facebook you already know. So I'm going to be touring around our five Fate stores. Everyone that's coming is getting a book, but I've also got extras. So if you are near a Fate store, or if you shop with us at Fate, you'll keep up to date with me, and I'll let you know when the books are in store if you want to run in and get one.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: That's about it. That's my very exciting Monday. Who would have thought, after all the shit that we've done on the internet for the last ten plus years, I've written a bloody book, you'd go back.
Speaker 2: To non digital format in the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after all that it's on paper.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess the most exciting part of my week was that I tried a Mango Lassie.
Speaker 1: I have been dying to know what you think. Matt messaged me over the weekend and said, I've just ordered a Mango Lassie and I said, oh my god, tell me exactly what you think straight away, send me a video. And then I thought, no, wait, record it and let me react to your reaction on the pod.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And of course I did have a version of a mango lassie, but not really. When we were in Las Vegas there was the buffet we went to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was more of like a pudding version though like it wasn't It's.
Speaker 2: Like a dessert. I'm almost like a cheese ango cheesecake, your mossy sort of situation.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited and I hopefully I think I have high hopes. But knowing you, you probably we go. Hey, here we go. I've got Matt's video. Oh it looks different, looks a bit thicker than the ones I get. Okay, anyway, let's see.
Speaker 2: Here we go train the mango lassie for the first time. It's like the shittest straw ever. Yeah, it's like a mango smoothie but running. And I feel like I need it to be a little bit colder than this. I mean, I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I won't be running out to get another one.
Speaker 1: I love that you said yum, but your face was like this was saying, yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought you were okay. Do you want to know why that rerection? Because there was a fucking bug smushed in the top. See how there's no lid on there in the top. There was a fucking bug under the lid. So there was a bug under the lid.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks a lot thicker than the ones that I get. So next time, if you ever come to Newcastle, because I know so far away, I'm taking you to Raja's Corner. I had Raj's Corner in the It's iconic and I'm letting you try one of those.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we're on. I'm happy to continue trying other ones to see if I can, you know, uh, find one that I like.
Speaker 1: But that one didn't look quite right.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't and didn't feel right either. I think the bug in the top smashed into the lid.
Speaker 1: Set me on any of you in nwie And I've also, i'd like to say I said this in our broadcast chat on Instagram last night. I've moved on from the mango lassie and I'm now all about the rose lassie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which just nothing seems worse in life than anything rose flavored.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had like a rose water cocktail?
Speaker 2: Hate it? Oh? Yeah? Did you try more of an elder flower girl?
Speaker 1: It's a similar sort of vibe.
Speaker 2: Rose just rose just is so potent to me and like soft and subtle, no, but rose in you know, you get your Turkish delight and it's like rose flavor.
Speaker 1: I love a Turkish delight.
Speaker 2: It feels like I'm chomping on a soap. You know. There's soaps that our nancy used to have when we were younger, and the little naked babies were on.
Speaker 1: The soaps pairs That's right.
Speaker 2: That's what rose.
Speaker 1: In a shed in because we had like a big shed when we were kids, and it had a little bathroom in the back corner and it had we had a an artwork in a frame in there, and it was like a pairs ad. Do you remember those? And it was like a baby and the bar of soap and it was a piece of dcoll and.
Speaker 2: They were in like a little fairy garden or something, and they were all, yeah, I know, it was like a piece of art in people's homes, and yeah, we had we had one as well. God to go back in time and see what made people decide to want to put pairs ads in their house.
Speaker 1: It's like putting parm olive ad in your house.
Speaker 2: It was a thing so strange. Anyway, I've done the mango lassie.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say that didn't look right.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So.
Speaker 1: You're going to have to come to Newcastle whenever you can be bothered. I know it's a really really far drive, but whenever you can be bothered to make the track, please come. And we're going to Raja's corner and we're doing a video taste test of rose and mango at Raj's Corner.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll make a video out of it too, down the high scroll as account on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Absolutely please be upstanding for the Royal flush. Well onto our royal flush of the week. I'm gonna do mine first because it's only really little, but it's the fact that Handmaid's Tale new season is out and I think this week, oh my stomach just made a weird noise. Sorry if anyone heard that. Need a mango lassie.
Speaker 2: Lassie as if it's a Gav Scott or Mitlanter.
Speaker 1: It is curing me at the moment. Not gonna lie anyway. Handmaid's Tale, I think it's season six, is the newest one and it's the final season of the whole series. It's out. I've binge watched every episode so far, but I've got two remaining. One has just come out and then the final one, I believe is coming out this week and it's the final episode of the whole thing and matter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'll never do another season.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because I think that's like the end of it and the end of the books. And I can't believe that. Number One, you haven't seen Handmaid's Tale. Every time I talk to someone and I asked them if they've seen it, and they're like no, I'm like, how it is my favorite show I've ever watched, my favorite series?
Speaker 2: What's it on?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's all over the place. Like when I first started watching it, like a few seasons were on Netflix and then others were on SBS and blah blah blah. I think it like moves around.
Speaker 2: How many seasons are there in general? And ficks? Do I have the time for that?
Speaker 1: It's the kind of show And to all of you listening, if you have not watched it, watch it because it's the one show. Like my attention span is really bad these days. I want to say thanks to TikTok. I can't really watch stuff these stays without also watching TikTok at the same time, which is terrible. I will say but Handmaids is the one show where when it's on, I'm like locked I'm locked in and I'm not like going to sleep until I've finished. That's like season like stay up till three am vibes, because you just need to keep watching. It is phenomenal, like the acting, the storyline, like the crew, the cast. It makes you believe that it's real, Like you know when you finish a show and you shut it and then you think that those characters are out there in the world and that it's actually happening to them. It makes me feel like for those of you that have seen it, like I think Yearlyad is real. So that my royal flush is that the show has released its final season and I'm so excited to see what's going to happen in the last episode. I won't do any spoilers, and not that I've seen the last episode yet, but it's just my favorite bloody show. Ten out of ten would recommend. I have a lot of favorite shows, but that one probably is my favorite show ever see.
Speaker 2: I don't think that Handmaid's Tale is a cultural phenomenon, Like I feel like I have never heard anyone but you talk about it. I feel like, but apart from that, I feel you never see clips online. Why don't we see.
Speaker 1: Because it's not the kind of show that would be clips online, Like, it's not like viral in that way.
Speaker 2: But think about that Game of Thrones. I've never watched an episode of Game of Thrones, but I could probably tell you everything that happens in that show, true, because I've seen it online clips.
Speaker 1: Like, I can't explain.
Speaker 2: When Game of Thrones last season came out, everyone was talking about it, like, like Handmaid's Tale, you are the one and only person I've ever heard talk about.
Speaker 1: Its tail has a fan. It's me, no, but I'm in like the Handmaid's Tale Facebook group, Like, oh god, what there's like two members. No, there's hundreds of thousands. It's so popular. I just think you've probably just never been on that side of the internet. So your four you page has never served it to you. But if you started typing in Handmaid's Tale, it would definitely show up for you. And also the books, like, I'm surprised I bought the book.
Speaker 2: You told me to buy the book on the podcast a while ago, and have you read it? No? I bought it, though, have you saved my library I have.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of books to get through. But the people like, I've never read the books, but everyone raves about those two.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh so there's more than one. I only got the first one. So is the book that I bought, which is just called The Handmaid's Tale? Is that just season one?
Speaker 1: It must be. I don't know, Like, don't quote me on this, let me just quickly google it.
Speaker 2: God, I'm in for a big ride here. I've got books to read, shows to what You're going.
Speaker 1: To be so busy now they're multiple Handmaids Tale books.
Speaker 2: I've got to take four weeks off work just to catch up on all the shows that I've been.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah here, so sorry. Yes, there are two main books in the Handmaid's Tale series, The Handmaid's Tale, and it's sequeled The Testaments. The Testaments is set fifteen years after the events of the first book. So there's two. That's easy. You'll smash them out in a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then what about the show? What's the show based on? Because if there's six season, I think there's both.
Speaker 1: I think it's both. But again, I haven't read the books.
Speaker 2: Like maybe season one is on the book and then the other five seasons. They've just made them up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anyway, fantastic show. Ten out of ten would recommend, and I can't even explain it.
Speaker 2: I'll put it on my list. They're not the non existing list. Isn't that funny that we are going, I'll put it on my list list? What list? None of us are any of us actually writing it in our notes on our iPhone going. I'll put it on my list and write it down and I'll forget about it. I've got that many shows to catch up on. Poker Face season two just dropped. I love season one. I think it's on stan I haven't heard of it. It's got Natasha Leone in it. Is that how you say her name? She's from Oranges to New Black?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh. Season one was so good. She has this ability to just know when people are lying. And it's a really fun show. And I really like to see someone a season two's out, I will say, though, why does it take so long for shows to come around these days? Do you remember, like twenty five years ago, shows would pump out twenty five episodes a season, and we'd be getting sometimes two seasons a year, like Pretty Little Liars we'd have, however, many episodes in Pretty Little Liars, and we'd get one every year, remember, because we'd have the Thanksgiving break, we'd have the Halloween episode. Blah blah blah. We're such an event each year. And now I feel like if they wanted to do Pretty Little Liars, it had taken three years to shoot and we get eight episodes in the end.
Speaker 1: Another show that you maybe just think of, but I don't know the stats is South Park. Yeah, and they were They don't obviously come out with new episodes now, I don't think, but I think they were like extremely fast at pumping out a new episodes, like in real time with the world. Obviously, that's different because it's an animation. It's probably I'm not going to say it's easy, but easier than having like actual people acting in the show. But I think, I don't know, they do it slow to build heype.
Speaker 2: I would say I think it does build build height because for me with Poker Face, let's say, I think it's probably been two or more years since that first season came out. Don't quote me on that, but I've gotta tell you a thing that happened back then. H you know, now, I'm like, do I need to watch it again for a refresh? And maybe that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's they want more people to go back and watch the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, potentially, But my thing is can't be bothered. So now I might not watch season two. I will. I'm just saying, for example, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes you feel that way, Yeah, it makes you feel broken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't have enough to I am to watch all the things that I need to watch, and it's because I like reading so much. Although lately I have been in a TikTok doom scroll quite often.
Speaker 1: Every ing bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, anyway, I need to get over that. I need to stop that and get my shit together. Anyway, my royal flush of the week. Oh my gosh. Actually this is so exciting. Everyone strap yourselves in. This is so exciting. I am loving myself sick this week because I have made it to the dark side of the Internet and I was given my own thread on Ossie TikTok snark, which, if you don't know, let me give you a little bit of a background. It's a reddit. It's a Reddit thread, yes, called Aussie TikTok snark, and basically, people just get on there and they just beach and moan about all the TikTokers in Australia. For Dana is on there a lot for Dana is one of the hot topics on that platform.
Speaker 1: It shows up for me every now and then when I'm scrolling on like the reddit, like news page or whatever. Yeah, I see it sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well, I made a video for those who don't know, a video about la boo boos, right, which have you seen la booboos everywhere my whole for you page? Well, I do love them like I do look at them and go, ye want one? Yeah? Well, good news is I think Alie Smith, friend of the pod, friend of the pod, yeah, is coming down for your book thing. Pretty sure. And so she opened three toffee flavored ones or whatever you call them, toffee la booboos, and she made a joke in the video saying if anyone wants one, let me know. So I've domed and said, well, when you come down, bring one because I want one. But then that's a good way of doing it that I don't need to go and spend money.
Speaker 1: On dont like eighty dollars I think.
Speaker 2: Once you and stuff. Yeah, they really have jacked up the price recently eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: For a stuffed toy yeah that you could just get from Kmar yeah, or from like a vending machine.
Speaker 2: And I think it's all about the opening and the wanting and the vance, which I could just couldn't give a shit about. But I do want one, just to clip on my bag, just to say I've got one. So Alice Smith, hopefully she remembers to bring me down one, we'll send her a message and if not, if anyone has any doubles, feel free to send them and I will accept them, because if you've got doubles and you don't want them, just send them my way. Then they won't go to waste.
Speaker 1: It is giving. Like I saw you did a TikTok and then I did a TikTok. It reminds me a little bit just of this buying behavior of when Frank Green the drink bottle company was doing their mystery boxes, and remember everyone was jumping on and buying the mystery box just to do the unboxing on TikTok and reveal what colors they got. And then someone commented something on that video that I made on TikTok, saying, girl, it's just like the lucky dips that we would get when we're kids, and I was like, wait a second, in the brown paper bag in like a bin at the shops or the markets, and you know, it would be like boy mystery Lucky dip and girl lucky dip, and do you remember that it was like two dollars and then you just opened the brown paper bag. It was just a bag of crap, maybe like a pencil and rubber.
Speaker 2: Stickers, one of those sticky hands that you against the wall.
Speaker 1: La boo boos are giving lucky dip bag. We've been doing this shit since we were kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're right. I made a TikTok about it, which was basically if you didn't see it. I didn't put it on Instagram because, as I've said before, different vibes on different platforms. I felt TikTok could handle the joke. Instagram would not Facebook. I'd probably have people protesting out my house.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to play the audio out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, get the TikTok up. But basically, I was just trying to make like a joke about the fact that you know, read a cost a living crisis and everyone's complaining about that and all the rest of that, and everything's so expensive. Oh but all of a sudden, everyone's got all this money to waste on laboob and.
Speaker 1: Eighty bus Apel told me she got one. I said, how much? Eighty dollars?
Speaker 2: But I won't so have a listen to the TikTok. This is what I said. I thought no one had any money. I thought we're in a cost of living crisis, could afford their groceries. Where are all getting the money for these fucking laboo boos? The same prine, no wonder, You're never gonna have a fucking house.
Speaker 1: And I love that people, if they don't know you. Obviously, this has got four million views, yeah, four point three million, and you've got nearly five hundred thousand lines.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I thought it was still at like one point.
Speaker 1: Eight, No four point three.
Speaker 2: Oh jesus, no wonder I'm getting canceled.
Speaker 1: Obviously, this is landed on a massive, wide la booboo loving audience on TikTok. But I love when you post shit like this because as for me or anyone any scrollers like, we know you. We know that you've just made this to just have a bit of fun. Say no wonder you can't afford a bloody hair if I'm La Boo Boos. But I can just picture people getting so pissed off at this and no, wonder someone's gone and made a hate thread for you. Is it a hate thread?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get there. But basically, I think one of the the factors is due to just being in America. I have had such a huge influx of followers since we did all the things at Coachella and all of the taste tests and everything. You know, there's been so many new eyes on makes Dream.
Speaker 1: By the way, can I just say, maybe I feel like we need to reminisce close friends, close friends. I want to remini Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: And so I feel like I've gotten you know, let's say, twenty thirty thousand new people to my page on TikTok in the last month who aren't used to that kind of side of me that, you know, because it's just satire, it's just making a joke. It's like, I really don't care if people what people spend their money on. At the end of the day, at my core, you can spend your money on whatever you'd like, and I don't care. But it just is funny, Like, it's funny to note that we're all cost of living cost of living, and then all of a sudden, everyone's spending all their money. Now, it's a good point to say, because people There are a few different responses to the video. The first response was that there's actually this thing called the lipstick theory. Have you heard of that? No, that in times of financial crisis and in times of recession, people actually spend money on small, little treats because they can't afford the big things like holidays and whatnot. So I think the trend came from either the it was either the Great Depression or like the global financial crisis. Don't quote me, you know, I just make shit up on this podcast. But all the lipstick sales went through the roof, and everyone was buying lipsticks because they couldn't afford to treat themselves any other way. So they were buying little lipsticks to treat themselves and have a little bit of joy. And the booboos are the new modern day lipstick, is someject was saying, because if you can't afford to spend a lot of money on yourself, you may as well waste your money on something small under one hundred dollars and totally get that. So true. And then and the other response was people being like, says the person who just spent money going to America, and says the person who just spent sixty five dollars on drinks on Coachella, And didn't you just go on a trip to America. I was replying as people saying, don't bring me into this. I'm a billionaire. The costa living Crissis doesn't mother me. I was being real cheeky. I was going, this doesn't affect me. I got forty five investment properties. Love, I'm rich. I'm rich. I'm not complaining about the cost of living Crissis. I'm sitting here with too many groceries. Actually, I'm getting refunds on my groceries. I was just in such a menace, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But you're in a mood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was in a silly, goofy mood. But see people who don't know that meeh, then they take that and go in the reddit thread. You should have seen them, so the reddit thread pops up. They're just the reddit thread was just called alright, hey, and I think what's funny? What funny is on Reddit. If you are like not spoken enough about, if you're not spoken about enough, it actually tells everyone that. What. So I got this thread It said all right, hey, you nussy TikTok snark, and then underneath it said not relevant enough for their own flair. Oh, because I've never spoken about which, by the way, I just want to put it out there and make it clear. Seeing my name in Aussi TikTok snark, someone someone DMed it to me on Instagram and said, just want to let you know, Yeah, there's this thread about your on Aussie TikTok snark and I went here, we fucking go girls, We're on here. I was so excited. I was actually out to dinner with my friends and I said, I'm so sorry. I've got to stop because I've just made it onto Aussi TikTok snark. They had no idea what was going on. Anyway, I'm reading through. So the first person said, you know, how disgusting it was that I had said that, and how out of touch and blah blah blah blah blah blah. Anyway, then there were like thirty replies to it, and not one person agreed with them.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so your fans are in there.
Speaker 2: The fans are in there, going it's just satire, like if you know, all right, hey, you know it's a joke, like blah blah blah blah, all like, and literally no one agreed with that person. And then this has actually happened a couple other times when I feel a couple other of these gossip sites or even in the Facebook groups, whenever I am mentioned, people will jump in so quickly and shut that person down.
Speaker 1: Bless everyone I know, love.
Speaker 2: You for that, Love you so much. And so anyway, in the end, I was at dinner. Remember, so I've seen it. I've scrolled through, I've read everything, and I've seen the one person say something, you know, have a problem with me, and then every single other person and every other person's reply as well then had like I don't really know how red it.
Speaker 1: Works, but it's red.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the comments, but then they all had votes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people like liking it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like they all all the replies then had thirty six up votes and things as well, So people are clearly.
Speaker 1: I think that's just like like okay, like I.
Speaker 2: Agree, okay, So then we've got people defend, but then also a lot of people liking the posts as well, and so anyway, then I'm at dinner, so I thought I put my phone away, come back to this later. But this is so exciting. I'm so excited about this finally relevant enough to be in a reddit fair. I mean really, at the end of the day. This is what I think is so funny about these people. Is you talking like, if you really don't like someone like the Fidhan thread, you're actually keeping her so relevant?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I know hates like anyone the ones that And I've said this forever, and I feel like I've spoken about this on my social media for ages. But the first time that I remember reading something nasty about myself online was back when I was nineteen and twenty. That's when my YouTube started to kick off and I had my thirty thousand subscribers, And there was a website that existed back then, which I don't think exists anymore. I think it's like it was like Reddit, but maybe Reddit wasn't a thing back then, but it was called Guru Gossip, and it was it was just about all the beauty gurus, and I guess back then, like I was trying to be a beady guru or whatever. So I had my own thing on there. And so I'm nineteen or twenty at the time, I don't have anywhere near the amount of confidence that I have now. Like I'm young. I just I was still working full time. I was making my YouTube videos like on the side for fun, and I remember stumbling across I had my own threat on there, and so I went on this website and I started to read the most horrible things about myself, mainly about my appearance and about my body, and there were a lot of comments about like me being a bogan and everything. Because I think for me, back then, this is over ten years ago, I was the one like beauty guru in Australia that was just me like and I'd go, how the fuck I is? And back then people didn't think that that was like funny or cool or down to earth. I remember people would shame me in my comments for like swearing or like being a bit bogan because back then it was Hi, everyone, welcome back to my YouTube channel and my tutori. I'm gonna take this where I was the one that was just being myself, whereas now it's so funny. In twenty twenty five, people love if you're down to earth and authentic. But back then I got absolutely slammed for it. She's Bogan from Newcastle, blah blah blah, comments about my appearents, comments about my body, and I remember seeing that for the first time, feeling terrible about myself. My insecurities went through the roof and reading all these people talking about me, and I vowed to myself back then. I remember it's so vividly. I'm never looking myself up on the Internet ever again, because I can only imagine the damage if I kept going back to that thread. And I know that it would have kept going because my channel then went from thirty thousand subscribes to a million. I know that it would have only gotten bigger and bigger and bigger that thread the more popularity that I gained. But I never went back to it because, like, those words would have been so damaging to me. And I'm sure there are a lot of creators out there who do read this negative shit about like themselves and they can't laugh it off like you. Not that yours was overly negative, but I can imagine that shit would eat you alive because just me scrolling through it that one time when I was like nineteen, I was like, oh my god, I can't read this, like this is gonna make me cry. So ever since then, I've never googled myself. I've had people like you. I've had people link me to things and just say, oh, I just want to say, You've just been mentioned in the Outspoken podcast group. You've been mentioned here and there, because you know, people look out for us and they want to send us a screenshot and like if it's like a Facebook group post, I'll go see it or whatever because I'm in the Outspoken group. But if anyone ever sends me anything else, I don't fucking I can't look. And I've done that to protect like my own confidence and my own mental health, because if you read stuff about yourself enough, you'll start to fucking believe it. I reckon, and like I don't think a lot of people that spend their time doing that, like you know, posting in threads and being horrible about people because like you said, like you're a fan if you're in that thread, like for for DN, like I've never read her thing, like I actually love read it, but more for like funny shit, I don't dare to go on any of the gossip things because it's just toxic, and like anyone that's spending their time actively participating in like hating on someone, but you're still following them, You're watching their every fucking move actually, and there might be people that do that. To me, you're the biggest fan of.
Speaker 2: All and I think that, like I've made a TikTok about this before, but if you and I think I've said it on the podcast now that I'm about to say it out again, but I think if it's if you truly don't like an influencer or you don't think an influencer or a content creator, if you are listening to us right now and you don't even like us and you are hate listening, which is totally fair for us because all you're doing is helping us out. And I've never understood it. So let's take, for dun, for example, the people in the reddit thread. Because obviously then I looked around because I, as you know, never go on Reddit. But now I've seen all these different people who are on this Aussie TikTok's now and I'm reading through all the people talking about for Dan. So what they're doing is they're all talking about, Oh did you see her latest video? This? This, this happened, This happened, This happened to me. What you're talking me, You've watched the entire six minute flog, which has one benefited her because her watch time is now through the roof. You've now posted about it in a group, so those people who haven't seen the vlog probably want to go and hate on her and see what's happened. So you've drawn more attention to her page. And I know, for dan's not a very good example because she's not too much of an influence, so she's got a full time job as a lawyer and whatnot, So maybe she's not the best person to you know, for this example. But what I'm saying is if you are putting, if you are putting your time and energy into watching the full video and then running to Redden and talking about it, and then people are like, oh, well, what's happened here, so we'll go and talk about we'll go and watch and we'll see as well. All that's doing is showing the algorithm that you are enjoying her content even though you're hate watching it's telling the algorithm that you're enjoying it. That then pushes it to more people who have probably never seen for Daran before, so they're not they don't have this biased you know, hate towards her, so then they might really enjoy her, and then they follow her, and that tells the algorithm that people are now following her and enjoying the content, which pushes her out to more people, which people don't get it, which for other influencers, not so much for Darn, but for other influencers who you know, work with brands a lot. I've only seen for Daran do that once or twice. You know. Now they've got more eyes on their page, they can charge more money, they can work with more brands, they can get more opportunities. They might have enough money to then start a business. Blah blah blah blah blah. Like those girls who were speaking about you on Guru Gossip all those years ago.
Speaker 1: I owe them, You owe them a little.
Speaker 2: Bit to just not being funny like to some extent, because they it's a train reaction. It's a trickle down effect, you know, yeah, because the people are almost more interested in people when they get to hate on them, especially in Australia. So what I'm saying is if you are if you really truly hate an influencer or a content creator, or you think that they don't deserve a platform, the best thing you can do for that is silence, Just unfollow, block all the rest of it, and never mention their name again. That is actually the most damaging thing you can ever do to someone. If you truly hate Brittany and hate Fate, will you just shut your mouth, like, don't ever speak Fate's name again, because the next time you tell someone, ah, I hate this Brittany chick, well, they're going to go I've never heard of Brittany. I better look her up. And then that tells the algorithm that you're, you know, new and noteworthy and someone's out of the blue looking you up. You know. So anyway, that's a lesson for all of you, because I get it. And another thing I want to say is I totally get it. I get that sometimes you need to let some things out.
Speaker 1: I think the thing dear friends like as well, with these anonymous they don't have any I don't be true, But even like with like you're spending time on an app with an anonymous profile talking to other anonymous people.
Speaker 2: I don't know anyone anything. For a sense of community, what I will say is fair enough go off and talk about you know, because I do understand if influencers have said or done the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, no, feel.
Speaker 2: Free to talk about it. But one one thing that I don't like because I do frequent a lot of the pages for this podcast, especially when something like you know, the an Apple situation. I want to see what people are saying and it helps me, you know, widen my thought process as well, So I have no shame in saying I do often pop onto the pages just to collect some recent search for the podcast, for example. But I think the thing that I can't stand is the amount of body shaming that is on there. I can understand talking about someone's actions, yeah, something wrong, you know, if they've tried to get a free product here or there and you've noticed it or whatever. Totally understand that, But just calling people fat bitches and stuff like, I just go, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 1: But also show me what.
Speaker 2: You look at?
Speaker 1: Yeah, isn't that put yourself out there?
Speaker 2: All four? Like?
Speaker 1: If people want to call me out for anything that I'm doing wrong, Like that's fine, but come and do it to my face.
Speaker 2: That h collection. That's like, what do you think about the haters? And she's like, if you're a hater, I want to see your front profile, side profile, full body, show the internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, post a video to the internet, have it go viral, let everyone see you. Then say what you want to say, do a three sixty because you're just an anonymous profile, Like I just I think anyone, Okay, I'm all for people, influencers, creators being called out when they've done something genuinely wrong. Like we're all for that obviously, and that applies in real life too, not just online. But if someone is hating for no reason other than to just simply hate to just like I don't get it. But for me for example, like if someone was to hate on me and just say I hate Brittany and I hate Fate but like with no real valid reason or anyone if someone hates you, I hate Mattney's videos or whatever. You just wish that you could do what we're doing. You reckon, Yep, you wish you had the guts to put yourself out there and do what we're doing. Because why A you're hating from your lounge.
Speaker 2: And maybe that's a good lesson for everyone, because I know that the majority of people who listened to this podcast wouldn't be able to relate to your name being brought up in gossip forums and read it through and being spoken about by anonymous people. I feel it that's not a very relatable situation for a lot of our listeners. But I think that the sentiment can be said across the board that like, at the end of the day, anyone who is talking bad about you is not doing any better than you are.
Speaker 1: Exactly right, you know, I know for a fact I don't spend my time doing that. I would never spend my time talking badly about someone else and dragging them for the things that they're trying to do. I know that the people I associate with my friends people in real life that in my life they would never do that either. So like, what kind of person is it that's doing that exact not someone that I that's the other thing too hate on us or you want I would never be your fucking friend anyway. I would never be your friend, like I like, way to just show that I would never even talk to you anyway. Yeah, but Also, I'd love to just get someone, maybe not on this podcast, but maybe on my other podcast. If someone hates me that much, I'd love to just interview them. Yeah, like why do you hate me? And I'll take what nine times out of ten? I reckon if someone genuinely hated me, maybe someone from the Guru Gossip days. I reckon, if they met me or they saw me at the pub and we had a conversation, they'd probably like me.
Speaker 2: But I don't think you'd get there.
Speaker 1: Why.
Speaker 2: I don't think they'd say yes to your podcast interview. They wouldn't put their face to the name to the anonymous.
Speaker 1: Well, that just proves everything it needs to prove exactly.
Speaker 2: Case closed, Case closed. Anyway, the funniest part about all of this big punchline in the end is that I said I was out to dinner and saw the thread, And after dinner I got home and I went, Oh, yeah, we go. I can't wait, I can't wait. I opened up reader. Thread disappeared, Oh gone, Why maybe deleted?
Speaker 1: Maybe you had too many supporters?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm assuming the person who first posted it. When too many people are Ronnie's side and they ended up them, they ended up deleting that. Well, I can only assume they deleted the thread, so I really didn't get a good look at it. I really don't remember any I didn't even get any screenshots. I screenshot the name because I thought it was funny that said, alright, hey, not relevant enough for their own flair?
Speaker 1: What is flair?
Speaker 2: Like it's it's like a Reddit thing.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, like it was like.
Speaker 2: A highlighted orange thing underneath or something, right, And I think it just means like I haven't been spoken enough about that I don't get my own threat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, well, I think at the end of the day, if we're being spoken about on Reddit or any platform or Facebook group, we're doing something right because we are relevant enough to be spoken.
Speaker 2: Of, and please keep talking because it's making me more money and I fucking love that because I need to buy one hundred La Boo booths.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's another episode done in Dusted Matt, and you know what I will. I do have to say, I feel like we had a similar conversation sort of to this, but like ages ago on the pod about online forums and shit. So sorry, not sorry if it feels like a bit of a repeat, but we added in the Laboo Boo chat. So it's different.
Speaker 2: Now I've actually been thrown into the mix. You know, I think I wasn't able to speak from experience.
Speaker 1: Now you can. Now you can anyway. I'm all about the positive vibes and if people want to hate on us, so be it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, yeah, it does come from experience, though, I think the ten plus years we've been doing this, because you're so right me ten years ago in fact, I remember there used to be a tumbler of where you could bitch about Australian influencers and someone once said that my highlighter was ugly, and I remember that affecting me from all this.
Speaker 1: It's not that I think any of our scrollers would ever participate in anything like that, but if you just so happen to just be careful with the words that you use online, even though it's anonymous, like, words obviously have power and they can affect people. So while you might think it's all fun and games to be ripping someone to shreds in an anonymous thread, like that person on the other end could be reading that and it could make them feel a certain way. So be careful. Not that I think Scrollers would ever do something like that. Anyway.
Speaker 2: My other thing is, well, sorry to harp on about this, but people who get in my comments but talk in third person like talk.
Speaker 1: Why is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why is he? Like? They'll get in the comments and be like does anyone think he? And I'm like, all right here.
Speaker 1: Rite back to those and I'm like, why are you talking as if though I'm not, this isn't my video.
Speaker 2: They're like addressing the crowd. I'm like, okay, talk to me. I find that funny too. Anyway, thanks for listening to this episode, Scrollers were bloody love you. We'll see you on Friday. For our close friends. Make sure your rate comments, subscribe, send us an email all the rest don't.
Speaker 1: Right hateful anonymous things online. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Jel, I'll better let you go. I've got to go submit a thread on Guru Gossip about you.