Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale, I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this? Isn't a fan of my kissing style.
Speaker 1: With the boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable, catching them up.
Speaker 2: I love being love. I love love.
Speaker 3: On today's episode of Where's Your Head At, we are curious to find out do guys and girls care about pubic care.
Speaker 2: We take a look at the different types of body and pubic care and the healthy pros and cons to maintain down there.
Speaker 3: We also discuss other beauty standards that come with dating and debate who pays more to be presentable to society.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 3: Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew, Good morning Anna.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling today?
Speaker 1: I'm good. We weren't just like clear out mode at the moment. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm good. Yeah, we're just talking before we got on the air.
Speaker 1: We're on the airway mappings to a radio already.
Speaker 2: Manifest that shit I was cleaning out because I'm back at my mum. So I've just been having a massive clean out of everything I own because when I moved out, yeah, I left everything there. So I left like my clothes.
Speaker 1: He just got up the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Literally, I just packed like my bed up and actually I've got a new bed. I literally just like moved into my house and just with my mates and that was it.
Speaker 1: So you just started afresh, Yeah, I start afresh.
Speaker 2: So I've got a bunch of like moisturizing creams, like toothpaste like you name it, toilet trees, just still at my mom's. All my clothes, everything's still there. No, it's not. It's very anxious. Like my mum's front room, it's just full of my stuff.
Speaker 3: Also, something that I was talking about the other day on my Instagram story was that we have all these beauty products right, like moisturized it is, like you were saying, and they all have like a twelve month used by date, So you actually aren't supposed to keep this shit for more than twelve months.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been using them.
Speaker 1: So well, I don't know you should be using them as well.
Speaker 2: I'm sad now I've got this one that's got like fragrance through it. I use it during the day. It reckons. It's got caffeine in it as well.
Speaker 3: You're probably gonna like fucking be in hives by the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You should be careful with that, because I did a full clear out the other day because obviously we're moving soon, and I got rid of all of my old beauty products, like even things that had like twenty four m at the back of it, which means twenty four months, so you have to use it within twenty four months of buying it.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've had this for like five years, Like this has.
Speaker 2: Got to go. I'm using all right, okay, this will be see I'm bad. I'm using Nivia Body for men. I reckon. I bought that. Oh god, I reckon. I was in U nine no, and I reckon. It was just at the back of my thing, the back of my like my mom's at the toilet my bathroom, and think, throw.
Speaker 3: It out, throw it out, disgusting, disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's just all over me. I'm using it, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Surely you can afford like a ten dollar.
Speaker 2: Jen said to me, the other day, she's like, just because you have it doesn't mean you have to use it. My mind's like, no, I have to use this. Hate waste, hate waste.
Speaker 3: Don't you have like a thing where you like can't waste alcohol? Yeah, maybe it's actually like not just an alcohol thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're a hoarder.
Speaker 2: I'm the first one to admit, unholder, my mum reckons she's instilled in us don't waste anything because she reckons she got it from her mum because her mum grew up in like the Wars.
Speaker 3: But like, think about this as well, Like we all are into like natural products at the moment, right, And when the product is natural, it has less preservatives in it, so it means that it actually will go off. So you just need to be super mindful. And if anyone's listening and they're like, fuck, I've had products for like three plus years, you need to have a clear out.
Speaker 1: It's really therapeutic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I took a massive load of clothes to the Salvos and fuck, I felt so good. Yeah, and I threw out and saying that though I did throw out a bunch of hair wags, and I know I'm not going to use yeah, and I felt really good.
Speaker 1: You only need one tub of hair wags, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like sometimes we have like six of this stuff, like six tubs lying around and it's like it's just not.
Speaker 2: Needed, and I'm like, I'm not going to use that.
Speaker 1: Are you doing the Hunters Market?
Speaker 3: Because I know I sold a lot of clothes at the Hunter's Market.
Speaker 2: I've got bags of bags of clothes for the Hunter's Market. But I'm just a bit like, will my guy stuff sell there?
Speaker 1: Because it's like a female based market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're like, you know, my vintage shirts for my cool like jumpers.
Speaker 1: Sell but good buy them?
Speaker 2: He would.
Speaker 3: Let's chat after we know how much Like Matt loves to fucking sell his ship. How much shit do you have that you're constantly selling? Like you've been on Facebook marketplace for at least six months by now, Like how much.
Speaker 1: Shit do you have?
Speaker 2: I have a lot of shit?
Speaker 1: Maybe you are.
Speaker 2: I am a hoarder. I was going through my stuff and I have like this. It's just annoying because I see the value in it as well. Like I pulled out this wrestling tub and there was vintage like wrestling stuff and I'm like this is worth money. Like, I've seen people flog this online, so I just can't throw it out.
Speaker 1: So why not, like, just keep it and use it.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to read it like I'm not going to use an old wrestling game boy.
Speaker 1: I think he said a vintage tea.
Speaker 2: Vintage tea. I do have vintage teas as well. I I wear him on the podcast.
Speaker 3: It's so weird because I'm like, is he a hoarder because he has so much shit that he keeps, But then you also are so happy to get rid of it if they sell for money cash money only, no coins only cash.
Speaker 2: Well, it brings me to a point as well. I was going through my cupboard in the bathroom and I found an old grooming shaper for men. When I say old or something a couple of years.
Speaker 1: Old, but I was like, how old is old?
Speaker 2: I haven't used it in a while because I've got another one, and it reminded me of a time when I was I was shaved moving downstairs, and it's meant to be one that doesn't cause cuts. So I was a bit ambitious with it and getting really in close. Yeah, I left a lot of cuts and I was bleeding a fair bit downstairs. I'd rule myself out of the game for probably, like I don't know of ten days.
Speaker 3: Welcome to being on your period because my period lasts for ten days.
Speaker 2: Well now I know women, but it's like you can't touch it when there's blood in there.
Speaker 3: Your cuts from shaving were bleeding for ten days.
Speaker 2: They won't but they were hurting.
Speaker 1: How rough were you?
Speaker 2: I was getting in there was I was getting into it, like stuck into it. Shaving all my pubic hair off.
Speaker 1: It's just too much.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the scene of American Pie when he shaves all his pubic hair before his wedding and he blows it out the window and it lands on the wedding cake.
Speaker 1: No, I can't remember that scene.
Speaker 2: I watched it the other day. It reminded me.
Speaker 3: Okay, well look on that note, I think it's time to talk all things pubic hare.
Speaker 2: So what do you think of ann When you think of pubic care, I think what a question. I think of seventies pornos with the big bush which is like curls like a perm yeah, and they have like a mullod on and like a porn star mustache.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: Because like, pubic hair is like so evolving over the times, right, it's like a fashion statement almost, so like our parents' generation, Like as much as we probably don't want to think about it, they probably all.
Speaker 1: They probably all had a bush.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I find that so funny. I think it's just like you know, when you're young and you like talk about pubes and you're like, oh pubes haha. But it's like funny to think that, like everyone was rolling around with a bush, Whereas like I feel like everyone in our generation, the norm is more to like be clean shaven, right.
Speaker 2: I think so for girls, they put a lot of thought into being clean shaven. I think men not so much. I know, you just want to you want to stay groomed though, but you don't want to be like it tangling mess down there as a man personally, That's what I prefer.
Speaker 1: You don't have to plat it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to plait it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Well, look, let's talk about the different types of pubic hair, because there's lots of different Let's call them haircuts that you can wrap.
Speaker 2: Hairshars.
Speaker 3: So first one is the most common, and that is the Brazilian A lot of people have had laser.
Speaker 1: I'm one of them.
Speaker 2: I've what does a Brazilian mean?
Speaker 1: Just Brazilian just means nothing. They're like bold, Like.
Speaker 3: You're repping that bold clean show, clean shaven hair.
Speaker 2: Would you just laser that and continue to get it laser?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I've just been lasering for forever, and like it's just easy to maintain, you know, I've never really had the desire to wrap the bush, and so like laser for me was just a no brainer because it was what I wanted to be going on down there.
Speaker 2: And you don't get laser every like six weeks as a growback, and you have to maintain it with a little raish. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I still would maintain it with a shave like maybe once a week, but for the most part, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay. The next one is a landing strip. Have you ever shaved front of these? In obviously not because you had a Brazilian?
Speaker 1: Yeah so no.
Speaker 3: But funny story was that I think him like the generation a little bit before us, so like in between our generation and our parents' generation. I feel like the landing strip was a thing because of the nineties. I mean somewhat like the two thousands, like when people were like eighteen then. Anyway, my friend, a close friend of mine, her partner is a little bit older than her, and he was like, I want you to get a landing strip, and she was like, what the fuck is a landing strip? So if you don't know what a landing strip is, it's just a piece of hair that basically goes from the top to the bottom of your like pubic region, and it just looks like a plane's landing strip.
Speaker 2: It's almost like a without like an arrow or anything. A direct message way to go track it down and you can follow it.
Speaker 3: But it's like groomed, like it's not like full bush levels. It's like groomed into that kind of line.
Speaker 2: So it'd be clean shaved and then groomed line.
Speaker 3: Well, she would get it waxed in.
Speaker 2: That's twitching, oh waxing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she was like, hey, babe, I need to talk to you. And I was like what.
Speaker 3: And she's like, my partner wants me to get a landing strip, and I'm like, what the fuck is a landing strip? And she showed it to me online, like showed me a picture and I was like in tears, like I couldn't wrap my head around it. I was like, surely you're not going to do that, and she was like, I'm fucking doing it. Like he's like it's like a fetish for him.
Speaker 1: He's into it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it, and like, if you think about it, it's kind of hot, like once you get past when you get past like the initial I don't know roadblocks of it, which I personally would have.
Speaker 1: I think it's kind of.
Speaker 3: Like I just think it's like any sort of like hair for me personally, it's all of just I want to first preface by saying it's a personal preference, right, Like anyone can do what they want, but for me to have a landing strip, I'm like, that's a.
Speaker 1: Hell to the no.
Speaker 2: But I reckon it's hot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so as from a guy's perspective, you're like, that's hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, she got a landing strip. I made her show me because I was like, when you get this, I need to see it. I saw it and I was like, yeah, it's hot. It's hot, but like I'm not going to be doing it, but like you do you.
Speaker 2: I was thinking I could probably do one, and you could do it from my stomach, hair trail down in and it's just like one landing strip all the way.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I don't know if a girl would find that that hot, to be honest about, So maybe may just stick to what you're doing.
Speaker 1: Which is what shaved.
Speaker 2: I just scream it.
Speaker 1: So you're just groomed with like a little bit with a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeahah. The next type of pubic hair that you can have is full natural growth.
Speaker 1: That is just like the.
Speaker 3: Full kabushka ou natural, young, wild and free.
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen a guy with that?
Speaker 1: Ah, I'm gonna say yes, yeah I have.
Speaker 3: I don't find it that unattractive with a guy unattracted, No, like obviously like a little bit more trimmed up would be my preference, but like a full bush on.
Speaker 1: A guy, like it is what it is, is what it is, like. I'm not like people, they are.
Speaker 2: Right, likey, some men more than others.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so like when you see some like pubic hair, it's not like offensive to me. It's just kind of like, well, it is what it is, like. I really don't think I would ever notice someone's pubic hair like I think I noticed it once.
Speaker 1: It's like really fucking long.
Speaker 2: And this is talking long. Tell me when to stop. That's fucking long. I know that's like that.
Speaker 1: You know who that was. That was the hippie guy.
Speaker 3: So he was wrapping the full natural growth look, and that was like, I genuinely think that's the only time I've ever really noticed someone's pieves.
Speaker 1: And I think it was because it was like it was a little out.
Speaker 2: What I like is around the actual shaft. To clean that up a lot more like your actual cock. I like to clean that up a lot more so.
Speaker 1: Is that because you wanted to look bigger.
Speaker 2: I've heard that. I think that's it. I think that's an urban legend. I think that's a I love it how.
Speaker 1: Matt says it as if that's just his preference. It really he's just trying to make it look bigger.
Speaker 2: I think that's where the hairs get really long around the shaft bit there and the rest above is like just normal pubes, but down there. So I clip of that a little bit and then like sometimes you come up, but I don't like going clean shaved. It feels uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just gonna fully say it now here and now that a guy with no pubic hair is disgusting, Like that is a turn off for me.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of girls have the same opinion. Yeah, I think a lot of girls.
Speaker 3: And then the worst part is if they go clean shaven and then they get like bad regrowth and like pimples and shit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, ill, like just let it grow out, dude.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, it's to me when there's like a bit of hair there, it's more masculine, right, Like you don't want to look at someone and be like, have you hit puberty yet?
Speaker 1: But like I feel bad because.
Speaker 3: That's me being very judgmental on someone's personal preference. And I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: But I think a lot of women, a lot of women that I've spoken to, want hair there. They don't want to clean shaved. I've heard stuff like it looks like a ten year old boy, Like it looks like a kid, like you have you hit puberty yet? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like not a vibe. It's not a personal vibe for me.
Speaker 3: If that's your preference, fine, but like you know, for me, we need to have like some hair there, like it needs to it's masculine.
Speaker 2: All right. I agree. So another style of pubic hare is a mohawk.
Speaker 3: Yes, so the mohawk described to me what the mohawk is.
Speaker 2: So it would be like a landing strip, but a bit longer, I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: Would you thrown out landing strip?
Speaker 2: Would you like put jall or wax in it to like splack it up like a mohawk? How would it How would it work?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure because I've never had one, but I just know that it's like an overgrown landing strip. So landing strips when you're keeping it, keeping it very trimmed, you.
Speaker 1: Know, like there's shape to it.
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: And the mohawk is a bit like more outgrown.
Speaker 2: So it's a landing strip, but with hair I'm assuming like long pubes coming down it.
Speaker 3: Yes. The next type of pubic haircut is the post stamp, which is just basically a square. So instead of a landing strip, the landing strip becomes a square, which I don't know anyone who's done that.
Speaker 2: Ye What would be the significance of that, Like, what would be like there's no like a landing ship release on holiday? Yeah you want to send it, let's send it, But like a landing ship, you know, is like you know, there's a pathway. It's a like you're lighting up the pathway where to go?
Speaker 1: So I just had a vision.
Speaker 3: Is the landing trip meant to be? Like the dick is like the plane entering the landings?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the whole gag. Yeah, welcome Anna. Yeah I was a bit slow on the next one is a heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're just basically shaving it into a heart or waxing it into a heart.
Speaker 2: Then some fine precision, precision precision to get that into a heart, I reckon, especially if you're doing it from above.
Speaker 3: I don't think you would be able to do that with a razor, like I think you'd have to get some professional help with trimmers.
Speaker 2: Maybe you.
Speaker 1: Need to go a heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: The next one is the Bermuda triangle, very self explanatory.
Speaker 1: Were shaving up pubic hat into a triangle?
Speaker 2: The arrow where to point down, showing us where to go again? Yeah, a Martini glass. So it's a narrower version of a Bermuda triangle. So I'm presuming you'd have like a strip and then like a it'd be the arrow the other way around.
Speaker 3: I love watching that, like trying to work it out in sad like people know what a triangle is.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 2: Then with the line coming down, so like an arrow then a line.
Speaker 1: So it's a bit narrower.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's all the type of pubic hairstyles that people do. But I'm sure people go a bit wild and like, you know, maybe they could like trim someone's name into it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it depends how bushy you are.
Speaker 2: I've seen the one where they have the lawnmower guy riding a lawnmower and then it looks like he's cutting the hair.
Speaker 1: But that's a tattoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then you shave it according to that, Yeah, yeah, you've like started lawn morowing into it.
Speaker 1: It's just wild.
Speaker 3: Like imagine having a lawn a lawn mower tattoo on your pubic region.
Speaker 1: Like what the FuG?
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: What about the guy who has like the elephant ears over his like willie.
Speaker 1: Region so like because he's trump so it looks like a trunk, Like who would even do that?
Speaker 2: I mean pulling some guy's pants down and then you.
Speaker 1: See that you just feel like.
Speaker 3: But anyway, I don't know if you've seen the show. The only way is Essex heard of it, Heard of it. It's like a British TV show and there was a girl on there called Amy Childs, and she started this whole thing called the Jazzle in the pubic region, which was basically where they would put like Damontes in that area. And I just think that's so fucking hilarious because imagine pulling someone's pants down and they've just got like Damontes all over that area.
Speaker 1: Like you would just be like what I reckon?
Speaker 2: It would be so funny, you just be like what is going on here? But like how do they do it? Did she explain where put it?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, like on the area where the pubic care goes.
Speaker 3: Where the pubic care go they like dimonti it and like super I don't know, super glue.
Speaker 1: They would put some.
Speaker 3: Sort of glue.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What would be the benefits of that? Like just to be like really lush and over the top. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, the Essex girls are known for their sparkle, glitz and glamour, so they were like so.
Speaker 2: They got there for China, but dazzled the jazz, the jazz It's.
Speaker 3: She'd be like, and she would I think she had like a beauty shop and I'm sure she would like take appointments to the jazzle and she'd get like her tweezers and like individually put on each little diamonte to like these girls like vaginas. I mean, it could be hot, but like, I just think it's not very practical.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I'm assuming when you have sex, wouldn't you like hit it and hit like diamonds. It would hurt like.
Speaker 1: They'd just be flying off like center.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, forty six percent of men prefer women to go completely, thirty percent like it neatly trimmed, and twelve percent prefer a landing strip.
Speaker 1: So what's your preference.
Speaker 2: Now, I really don't have a preference to be fair. Like I remember this girl and we were on a boys strip in the Gold Coast and we were like in the hotel room with these girls and this girl was like, oh, like I'm not going to get with you, like you know, like I'm just blah blah. And I was like yea, yeah, fair, fair, and we went she just didn't really give me a reason she want to get with me, and I was just like yeah, fair. So when we went down to hers to so down to her apartment to get more drinks and obviously started making out there and one thing led to another, and she had like growth of hair back, and I think that's why.
Speaker 1: She wanted to get with me. She wasn't like you ready, I feel like she was ready to do it. And I found it actually hot that she.
Speaker 2: Had like a little bit of growth there, because it made it feel like it was more spontaneous, do you know what I mean? And like real hot. So I didn't mind it. Yeah, that's probably one of the only times I remember coming across a girl with pubic care. So I don't mind it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, way yeah, well like, yeah, I don't think like a lot of people would mind it, maybe like if you're on a one night sand But then again, if you're in a one night scan, you're kind of like, well, I also do like, I don't think people would actually care.
Speaker 2: I reckon. Maybe some guys might be like, no, I want you know, true, true, I want a bold Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think they're just maybe like younger guys, younger guys because they're just like not very life experience, not.
Speaker 2: Very I understand. So I don't mind if it was neatly trimmed a landing strip. I've never come across a landshrip. I'd love to see that.
Speaker 1: Matt's next girlfriend's going to be wrecking the landing.
Speaker 2: You've got to get a landing.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the thing though, because so many girls do feel the pressure to have no hair down there, and so a lot of us have gone and gotten laser treatments, and so maybe you.
Speaker 2: I think around a younger age, I think that, like you said, younger guys are like, no, it has to be clean shaved. But like you said, they haven't got the life experience, they haven't gone around and experienced other things.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it is fun to kind of just like change it up though, right, Like maybe because most of the majority of people who you would have slept with are kind of clean shaven, then it's more like exciting for something different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can see that as well. Like I said, I love spontaneous sex. So I think she felt insecure she had shaved, but I loved that. I thought it was hot.
Speaker 3: Interestingly, when I was younger, obviously I had like my five date rule, and obviously, you know, sometimes you get like a bit tempted to like go further, and so sometimes like this is before laser hair removal, I would like intentionally not shave so that I definitely wouldn't because I definitely wouldn't.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't fully shaved.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so it was kind of like a tactic that I would do to like stay strong.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of girls, like I heard, like a lot of girls, they'd be like, oh, I'm not like when they'd come home and that they'd have like not matching underwear and bra and they'd be like, I did that on purpose. So I didn't go home with anyone.
Speaker 3: But really, who the fuck has matching bras and underwears?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know who you're sleeping with your friend? Really, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Though, Like I personally don't really have matching brand underwear.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I guess they wanted a match and kit with they're going out and going home with the guy. They wanted to look hot, and maybe they had their you know who's laundry day.
Speaker 1: It was laundry.
Speaker 3: Has anyone ever asked you to kind of like change what's going on downstairs, like maybe to go clean or to grob a bush or like something something in between, Like, has anyone ever changed what you do?
Speaker 2: I've had no, I've never had anyone ask me to change, but I've definitely had girls say like, don't go, like clean shaved again, back when I have shaved, because sometimes when you shave with the clippers like the ones that you meant to groom with down there, it gets really fine and then you sort of like you're like, oh fuck, so you have to like, you know, fix it up so it's not just yeah, it's equal and then yeah, And I've had them say like, don't do that again. Not that it's like it's just not attracted to it as much.
Speaker 1: Do you find that like offensive if a girl was to say that up.
Speaker 2: No, I could see why, Like I don't like hurt, but I trust me, sweetheart. I'm not here because I want to be because I was trying to clean the shaft and I went too far and shaft.
Speaker 1: It's just it's grossing me out, Like I just can't go.
Speaker 2: What should you call it?
Speaker 3: And just say close to the the co just say close to the glory.
Speaker 1: It's close to the rod.
Speaker 2: Close to the rod.
Speaker 1: I don't say rod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Okay, I have a question for you. Do you know what a murkin is?
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard of a murkin.
Speaker 1: I did neither, but I looked up. Okay, someone murkin.
Speaker 3: I'm going to show you a photo of what it is first because I want to get your full blow, react, Murcan.
Speaker 1: This is a murkin. So American is a pubic wig.
Speaker 3: Normally sex workers wear them when they have shaved their pubes when someone wants like that kind of hairy kind of look. And they can also be used to like decorate the vagina, so they're decorative.
Speaker 2: Who wants a pink one?
Speaker 3: It's just like that's the first one that came up. It was like a pink looking wig. Would you be into a murkin?
Speaker 2: Whatever? Someone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But is it gonna get you off?
Speaker 2: Is the question. It's not not going to get me off.
Speaker 1: Someone with like a pink wig stuck.
Speaker 2: Pink is a bit of a random color.
Speaker 3: Okay, well that's say it's black, so it's like replicating what brownish, like replicating like hair?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I would, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not does it? How's the higher pitch for here?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not going to ask her to do it, but if it's she's into it, like you know what I'm like?
Speaker 3: So if someone just wax on American you'd be like, Okay, I was.
Speaker 2: Just taking a turn, you know what. I'm like, I'm for whatever. I don't I'm in that's so funny. Why do you think the pubic care trends will change through society?
Speaker 3: I mean it's kind of like what you said before, like if you've had one of something for a while, just like fashion trends change and then people want something new. People want to do something like different, so I go back to the bush. I don't know if we'll go back to the full blown bush, but like I could see, for instance, the landing trip coming back or like you know, a bit of stubble or something like that coming back. But then again, like so many people are lasered, so it would be like a lot of people would potentially be against that. But yeah, I could definitely see like the fashions changing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'd be down for whatever. I wonder if like the fashion is going to change in men that they need to get a landing stript. That would be quite funny, wouldn't it. Okay, so we've spoken about the looks and the preferences of pubic hairs, but what is the pros and cons of having pubic care or not having pubic care.
Speaker 3: Okay, so the pubic hair actually is there for a reason. It's there to protect the vaginal opening. And I've actually thought about this as well, because I've obviously been very susceptible to UTIs And then I was like, wow, could that be a contributing factor because the hair is supposed to be there as a protection mechanism.
Speaker 2: Well, let's not. Yeah, I think the hair would be therefore when we were like in like the Caveman era and all that sort of stuff, where we didn't have.
Speaker 1: Clothes on and it didn't have like regular showers.
Speaker 2: Regular showers and stuff like that, and it would like block dust or dirt and you know, stuff getting in there.
Speaker 3: But I think it's still would now with clothes on, maybe a little bit of dust.
Speaker 2: I would assume like, yeah, that's what it was originally there for. So now with like clothes is that's the layer of hair. But I can see definitely why it would have a purpose back in the day, like everything actually has a purpose on you.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, and having natural body hair actually prevents chafing.
Speaker 2: That's why when I shave it full shaven, I get the fucking worst like chune shaking. I hate it.
Speaker 1: It actually is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so annoying. Okay, this is a good point. It does offer infection protection, so infection protection that rolls off the tongue just down there, so it could help with your uti s.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It also reduces the appearance of sweating down there, which I think weird. I reckon I'd feel more sweaty when I've got it there, so.
Speaker 1: Do I definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that's what causes more sweat down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It can also play a part in sexual attraction, as hair traps scent related to.
Speaker 1: Our pheromones, So you're trapping.
Speaker 3: The So maybe we have less pheromones since we have maybe less pubic hair or no hair in my face, So.
Speaker 2: People with pubic hair releasing more pheromones from down there.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I feel like women have a lot of pressure on them in society today to look a certain way.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about that next.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know interesting fact? Anna, sure, over seventy five percent of people surveyed reported to be grooming their pubicair area.
Speaker 1: Interesting, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 2: Well? What are the other twenty five percent just not?
Speaker 3: Maybe they're just going O natural yeah, surely, surely all might.
Speaker 2: Stumble into one of them one day.
Speaker 3: Stick back, Yeah, Okay, Matt, who do you think pays more to be considered datable in society?
Speaker 1: Men or women? I mean, do you even have to think about it?
Speaker 2: Definitely, I would say women would. I don't think men put a lot of effort in the let's say the average the average average guy wouldn't put in muchffort.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have a question for you. What do you spend money on weekly to look good?
Speaker 2: Gym membership? Ye, my vitamins, protein powder, just my weekly would you say, like weekly groceries for like my food.
Speaker 1: Prep maybe yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Face ten deodorant, deodorant, cologne.
Speaker 2: Cologne, tooth like my whitening toothpaste, don't forget the whitening face, like all that sort of stuff, just like normal maintaining things. Ten ten would you go into saying even like nah, you just say stuff to help you sleep, like you know, like good bedding and that. Now that's just going on that you're talking about actual beauty. Well, what my moisturizers that are like in my mum's.
Speaker 3: Cupboards And it's really he's really spending for the women.
Speaker 2: Well, I've bought more since then, but that one's been pushed to the back of the wardrobe.
Speaker 3: Okay, how much do you think on average women spend on their hair?
Speaker 2: A couple hundred bucks? Possibly been going half.
Speaker 1: Three hundred, yeah, every like how often.
Speaker 2: How often does a girl go to their hair done?
Speaker 3: Maybe, like if you're doing your color, it would be like six to eight weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, so like half ahead of foils, for instance, would be around like three four hundred.
Speaker 2: She's expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, our producer Amber got her full head of foils done for six hundred.
Speaker 2: And how often does she do that?
Speaker 1: Probably like every six months.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's an expense thing to get that done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so it's expensive. And then there's nails.
Speaker 2: How much you reckon you spend a week?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I reckon I would spend probably forty dollars on a bottle of faint tan that would last me a couple of months. I'd get my nails done every two weeks, which would be about fifty to sixty dollars.
Speaker 1: From my hands and my feet.
Speaker 3: My hair I get done luckily by Madison Eaton. She does my blonde for me and I do some social posting for her, but for half ahead of foils, she would charge like three hundred dollars. And then like skincare, like skin care is quite expensive, like under our Care and you know, and then plus anti wrinkle.
Speaker 1: The list goes on.
Speaker 2: Would one argue though, that a lot of this stuff isn't like completely necessary and it just means that high maintenance.
Speaker 3: I mean some would potentially say that, but then I also think, like that's what makes me happy and feel comfortable. But then I hate it that you're like, well, that's high maintenance, because is it high maintenance or is it like the societal standard that we kind of uphold almost.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that the societies or high maintenance. Now, all this stuff done.
Speaker 3: If there was one beauty product that you could not live without, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Geez ah, I'm trying to think, like I could live without tan. I could essentially, yeah, I could a shaver, a heck trimmer on my face. I don't like having too much hair. But these are like commodities, aren't they. These are things you need.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like, I'm just asking you, what's the.
Speaker 2: Beauty products my face moisturizer? Okay, yeah, my face, moistureiser or lip balm. I've got dry lips now and I'm getting irritable.
Speaker 1: Minds would be face tan face han yeah.
Speaker 2: I do like good face tan yeah, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: Like I always think about this, like if I went on to like I'm a celebrity, get me out of here. Obviously they're going to give you toothpaste because you need to brush your teeth twice today. But like if I got to pick one, what you do? But if you got if I got to bring in one item, it would be a face tanner, face tanner, because I just feel like I feel alive.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you.
Speaker 2: Know, give you that confidence as well. The confidence I'd say probably more strozi craning for my face and then i'd get it tinted, Get it tinted? No, Like I hate having dry skin on my face? Yes?
Speaker 1: So do I?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, And like you feel like you're stretching it out every time your facial expression. Yeah, so I reckon that would be mine under toothpaste.
Speaker 1: Would you look at me and think she's a high maintenance girl?
Speaker 2: Yes? One hundred?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to be doe? Want me to Okay?
Speaker 1: You can elaborate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that. Like you're getting your hair done like all the time, always happen to have tan nails done. Like I think it's very homemadenance.
Speaker 3: I don't always have tan done, Like sometimes I will go without tan.
Speaker 1: I don't love it, but like I prefer not to.
Speaker 2: You have tan exier, Yeah, I reckon you do.
Speaker 3: I hate being white, and I think that's like definitely an insecurity of mine. I hate being pale. It's like a nightmare for me.
Speaker 2: I've gotten better at it. I used to love my tan back in the day.
Speaker 1: You have embrace being a bit more pale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have gotten used to. I've got the spray face on my face now shaped. I told you I do it every time after Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like I think there's nothing wrong with it. Like, for instance, I used to so I was really bad. I used to be very tanner exic, Like I used to have a spray hand gun and I would fully get my ex boyfriend to spray totan me once a week in our shower. I'm not even kidding, Like I literally I literally made him watch like a video on how to spraytand people like.
Speaker 2: And how are you trying to argue that you're not. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm saying to you, I've gotten so much better.
Speaker 3: Then I realized that spraytanding was not all it cracked up to be, and tanning from.
Speaker 1: A bottle is way easier.
Speaker 3: And then as I've gotten even older, now I won't even use like really tanned from a bottle.
Speaker 1: I will use gradual moisturizer.
Speaker 3: So like I'll get out of the shower like moisturize my skin and it's got like a tint in it.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm speak at the moment, because so I'm much better, Like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like I think I have grown up a lot, but yes, like I hate being pale, and I'm not gonna feel bad about that.
Speaker 1: I fucking hate it.
Speaker 2: I used to lay in the sun, so that's what I used to do, and I and now I'm of an age where I realized that, like that's not smart.
Speaker 1: I would never line the.
Speaker 2: Sun, never lay in the sun. I don't I remember like when I used to work on the tools, I used to literally take my top off. I just wear short shorts. I used to tuck my socks over my boots. So every bit of my skin could get sun and I'd put not even like reef oil with SPF in it, I'd put literally baby oil on and I'd try and get as much sun as possible. I remember like in Milan running and I would walk through the shaded no, I'd walk through the sun of the park and run through the shaded bits just so I'd get as much sun as I could.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: But now as an age, as an older age, I realized that like, stay out of the sun.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this and you're younger, like you just I've seen people my age, like thirty one who used to sun themselves like they would be covered in reef oil. They would literally constantly be in the sun. And you can tell like it ages you so dramatically. It's so scary and like for me personally, I would go on holiday to Europe and I would remain out of the sun. I would never put my face in the sun. And I think, like, I'm not trying to like toot my own horn, but I think you can tell that like I've not sunned my skin.
Speaker 2: Well. I when I remember when I went home one day and Emma was out son tan and She's like nineteen. Now she was eighteen at the time, a younger sister, my younger sister, and I was like, Emma stopped, like stopped laying in the sun, and she was like, no, like I want to get a tan to blah blah. And I was like, look like, I remember when I was your age, and I remember working with a guy who was six seven years older than me, and I always used to think, you're an old man. Shut up, like you don't know what you're talking about, Like, yeah, you've got you know, Like he'd be like, don't put your reap, like don't put babyl on. You're like, you're going to ruin your skin, skin cancer, all this sort of stuff, and so you're just not, man, you don't know what you're talking about. You're a bitter old man. Now I am that bitter old man that's telling the younger generation.
Speaker 1: But it's bitter. It's just with you.
Speaker 2: Have I realized that now, yeah, as a kid, an eighteen nineen year old, but you're like like, shut up, what do you know? You know?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think like as well, like there's so many products on the market. There's spray tns, there's fake tans, there's tanning water, there's gradual tanner, Like you don't need to go into the sun to have a tan in fact, to protect your skin more like to use like moisturizing tanners.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's just so good because you're still hydrating your whole body.
Speaker 2: Dare I say, I'm not even attracted to those tan lines, just bikini tann lines anymore. I see a girl so like.
Speaker 3: Oh, yees same, I'm like, they that's literally my first dot like thought. Like if I see someone on social media and they have really strong tan lines, I'm like, and I get it.
Speaker 1: Like some people just go in the sun and they can't help it.
Speaker 3: Their skin just like immediately tans and that's like that's their skin tone. But like, you know, if you are naturally a lot paler and you've been like tanning and tanning and tanning, you're just like, you know, you don't want to be getting those tan lines.
Speaker 2: About the people back in the day that with jab milano tan, Like I've done it once or twice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so you've injected.
Speaker 2: So what it does is it's brings the tanning elements of your skin to the surface to make you more tanned.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's nothing, nothing like I wouldn't recommend it, nothing to be proud of. But it's a definitely people have done it. I know a lot of people still do it.
Speaker 3: So you injected your skin with a substance in order to be more tanned?
Speaker 2: Yeap?
Speaker 1: Was there any side effects?
Speaker 2: Just the one that most men would have is just a you'd be hard a lot of the time there for some reason, which just makes me hard.
Speaker 1: That's so random, Yeah, random bonus.
Speaker 3: That just shows like the pressure that we're under in society to like withhold these beauty standards. Like there's so much pressure, Like you've even gone as far as to inject yourself with something like that's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like this is when I was young, Like I was younger.
Speaker 3: But when you're young, you're so like wanting to be like on trend and to be the best version of yourself and to you know, you want to look good.
Speaker 2: Like, so you feel the pressures of society to you know, make you do that, even to the point where you do jab something that you don't know much about into your skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, look, if you're listening and you're thinking about doing that, Matt, do you want to give people some advice.
Speaker 2: Don't do it. Don't be silly, like I can understand, like your mates are doing it. Everyone's doing it. It's quite easy to get your hands on. But yeah, don't do it. Just don't be in the sun because you need to stay in the sun as well to make that work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's just there's so much skin cancer, Like in fact, two in three Australians will be diagnosed with some form of skin cancer before the age of seventy.
Speaker 1: How scary is that. Shit, that's huge, that's huge.
Speaker 3: So you want to be one of those people who are not sunning themselves.
Speaker 2: And you feel like all the time you get like some sort of person you know, or some sort of relatives getting some melanoma removed. Yeah, and make sure you guys check in with a skin map person. You go to the same person that can look at them and like map all your moles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the role mapping place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, make sure that it's all under control. I know that I have to go back and do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, people close like my sister do it. So I've got to get on top of that as well.
Speaker 3: I actually had a mole removed because they thought it was skin cancer.
Speaker 1: Luckily it wasn't, and I was so grateful.
Speaker 2: Bit I had one remove from my back off for the same reason.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, it's so scary because it's.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I was young men as well. I was like nineteen.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I was like twenty.
Speaker 2: How did they remove yours? Like cut it out, cut it out? Yeah, the razor it out.
Speaker 3: I had to go to a plastic surgeon and it was like on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: On Dermo just did it there and then really and I was like, are you going to do it? He's like, yeah, it's done because he put the local in. I thought, oh, that makes thinking about it.
Speaker 1: I think as well.
Speaker 3: Just like, I don't know how we got onto this topic. Guys, we were talking about pubic hair, but I mean it's such an important chat to have that we're both happy to have it. Just keep an eye on your moles and make sure that they're not changing, because you know, those stats are scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big stats.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt, that's all we have time for. As always, give us a five star review. We are loving it that you guys share this podcast with your friends and family.
Speaker 1: That's how we get out to more people. So please keep doing that, and until next time say bye, M.