Speaker 1: Hey, beauties, it's Jamie, Joe and Jesse Masuit and welcome to Skinfluence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love.
Speaker 2: Turning your weakness into your uniqueness.
Speaker 1: Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we.
Speaker 2: Record the gadical people of the eurination.
Speaker 3: In today's episode, we're giving you all the tea when it comes to pulling together your emergency car kits. What are they? What are they for? What do I need in it? And we are going to give you all the answers. Let's get into it, guys.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you how many times my car emergency kit has come in clutch.
Speaker 2: I use my emergency kit all the time.
Speaker 3: Which one, Jay, because you've got too.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit type A.
Speaker 1: So what we think you need, just as a young woman growing up in the car is two emergency kits. One you can just buy from the chemists. I just have an American car kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a medical one. It's got scissors, it's got like toyss.
Speaker 1: Band aids Panado, whatever you need. But obviously we're here to talk about our beauty car kits.
Speaker 3: Now, this is a really fun episode because I don't know, I feel like when you are about to start a new semess or get back into school, like putting together your car kit is just like a fun way to feel more prepared and just ready to take one like your daily.
Speaker 1: Life, and you really will use it a lot and it's just such a cute, little girly thing to do. So I keep my beauty emergency kit in my glove box and pretty much, I would say Jesse would use this very very often as well.
Speaker 2: Because we drive a lot together.
Speaker 3: I think both of our car kits are getting a little bit outdated. So we're actually going to set up a little date day where we're going to do this together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, buy some little Amazon gadgets to like make your car look really really cute and cut, and I think it's so fun, like this part of being a girl that I love. Okay, So in your emergency car kit, let's just talk about what it is.
Speaker 3: What's it for.
Speaker 2: This is your.
Speaker 1: Little beauty kit that you are going to use whenever you need a little touch up. So say you're running out the door and you haven't put your makeup on, or maybe you're feeling a little bit crusty and you want to just free yourself up. This is going to have a few key essential products that keep you looking and feeling your best.
Speaker 3: I honestly think this is so important because some days you're just they go in a different direction that you're not expecting, and you just need to look good. Imagine here's a hypothetical. Imagine you're out and you're like out with your friends and then you're not wearing any makeup. You kind of look a little bit crusty, and then someone like, I don't know, I'll see you on a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so true. What if you get that text? Yeah, and there are you free?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, what are you gonna do? You're gonna go to your car and I you've got your emergency carkere and you look a lot cuter. Yeah that's just one I guess out there idea. But even just on a daily basis, if you just get in the car and your realize, oh, I forgot to put on a scar and I wanted to put on a scar, Like, it's just there.
Speaker 1: You can all those days where you're not feeling great and you put on mascara on one eye and not the other. I don't know what really happens often to so many people. What happened to you, Jamie, No, it's never happened to me. I'm I'm I'm on top of your life.
Speaker 2: Ascar.
Speaker 3: Our body balance as a dancer just wouldn't allow that to ever happen. Like I can tell when one thing's different. Yeah, I can tell when my curly hair on one side is looking different to the other side, Like right now.
Speaker 1: We grew up doing makeup in the car and we have become pros at it. I could do a full beat in the car, full beat. We're not going to give you that full beat today, but these are our favorite essentials. So we're gonna give you five things that we think are key. Of course, you can swap in a few things, like you know, rotate in what you like having on hand, but these are things that we think.
Speaker 3: Are just staples, a super good base for your car kit. Yeah. So first things first.
Speaker 1: Masca, Yeah, easy peasy, Like this is one of those things that you pop mascara on, you're instantly gonna feel fresh, awake, alive, and you're gonna look like, you know, you did a little something.
Speaker 3: Something. One we like to keep in the car is the Mecha Max Wink Ink mascara. It's it's cheap. You don't want to have expensive products exactly sitting in the car because like it can get a bit hot in the car. Yep, this one's thirty two dollars from Mechamax.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's this one's a good one.
Speaker 1: Too, because it's not overbearing to the point of being like this is hard to use, or maybe it looks a bit too intense you want to freshen up in the car. It's just like ano. Yeah, it's a nice every day mascara. It's not gonna be hard, it's going to be messy on the eye leads or anything of the salt. It's also one that oh what's it called it a ball off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it balls off. What's it called? I don't know it's a proper name for it. I feel like you should be giving them the real name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a tubula mascara. So it just comes off easily. It's not going to like get on your eye leads or flake off. It's a really good, easy staple.
Speaker 3: Okay. And then the next product we recommend is having a tint. This is like a multi use purpose. Yeah, and now the one we recommend is the Benetin. Yeah, when we use us all the time, you can use it on your cheeks, your lips, everything.
Speaker 1: You've been using this for a really really long time. They've got a new formula called the play tin and it's the lip and cheek Tin. It's thirty seven dollars from Sephora, but it lasts forever. You could have a beneitin for like two years and it would be so so great. And as Jesse said, it's so multipurpose, so on the cheeks looks beautiful, and then you can have it monochromatic look on the lips as well. You want to have products that are like multi use so that you don't have to have a fully stacked makeup kit.
Speaker 2: Even on the eyes.
Speaker 3: This is pretty, yeah, just like a really little bit subtle, but it looks good.
Speaker 1: Also with this, you don't need a brush. It's so good and easy to blend out with your fingers.
Speaker 3: So it just makes it like just a staple exactly now, KINCIALA.
Speaker 1: We think concilia is a staple because, as we've said before, we do struggle with like darker circles under the eyes. But what if you you know, struggle with redness or pimples. Like having a good seala in the car is one of those staple things exactly.
Speaker 3: And we would recommend the mabling fit me for the car because, like I said, it's cheap. It does it doesn't matter, Like if it gets a bit too hot, you can always buy a new one. Yeah, ten to sixteen dollars. You can catch a sale.
Speaker 1: It's the perfect cart sin Woolyes, wherever you get, you know, chemists, warehouse, any drugstore, little situation. I just think it's also easy to blend out with your fingers too, So it's all about just easy accessibility with these kind of car kits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to be bringing a brush into the car. I just want products that can I can just use my hands and it's fine.
Speaker 2: I feel like a.
Speaker 1: Brush will get a little bit ichy in the car.
Speaker 2: You know you're not gonna wash.
Speaker 1: That brush, so fingers it is exactly okay. So for me, perfume is like the biggest stay ever because.
Speaker 3: This is like the number one staple.
Speaker 2: This is the number one.
Speaker 1: I actually have like three perfumes in my car, but that's excessive obviously, if you could only pick one. This one is going to be the one for you. It's from Lush. This is kind of something I've gate keeped for like years because I get compliments on this every single time.
Speaker 3: And you create it like as your smell.
Speaker 1: It's like my signature scent. But this is the Lush let the Good Times Roll body missed.
Speaker 2: So it's not actually a perfume.
Speaker 1: It's a body miss and it's forty five dollars. But this has the most intense like what would you call it? Yeah, like you walk in a room and it's you know, you know, you know.
Speaker 3: Someone's gonna ask, or like what smells? So smell.
Speaker 1: It smells like caramel, It smells like vanilla cookies, sugar cookies. It's so delicious. And because it's a body miss, you can just chuck a few little sprays on your clothes and that's plenty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it lasts all day, especially when it's on your clothes. Yeah, it's really good. It comes in handy exactly.
Speaker 1: You don't want to again, you don't want to be keeping your beautiful, expensive signature scent in the car in a glass bottle.
Speaker 2: This is just super easy to use.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bottles, it's sort of like it looks like an Ajax sprayed white.
Speaker 1: The packaging it literally is like a cleaning product packaging, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it works for the car.
Speaker 2: You know, it's not a pretty bottle, but it doesn't matter. It's a pretty smell.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And then the last thing we reckon is like a nice, good moisturizing lip product to make the lips look juicy, and we recommend the Fresh Rose Petal Soft lip cream. It's forty dollars and you can get it on sale for thirty dollars at Sephora.
Speaker 2: It's such a beautiful product. This is one of my favorite lip creams.
Speaker 1: It smells beautiful, It keeps the lips really plump, it doesn't make them crusty.
Speaker 3: But again, multi.
Speaker 1: Purpose because I've had so many times where I'm like, oh my goodness, my eyebrows out of place. I have nothing to use in the car, I don't have eyebrow gel.
Speaker 3: What am I going to do?
Speaker 1: And I will actually use my lip balm. You can even use basoline, which is fine, but you can actually use this on your eyebrows just to kind of laminate them, like stick them down in place, or if you want a little glow on.
Speaker 3: The leaks, Yeah, eyelid like you can be highlighted or like on your eyes. It looks really well.
Speaker 2: It really gives like just.
Speaker 1: A beautiful, fresh kind of glow. So it's one of those multipurpose things. And this one smells really beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then on top of the lipped tint, it just you know, it looks really.
Speaker 1: Good exactly adds that little juicy, juicy element to it. So I feel like these things are going to be things you just rely on in the car that there's gonna be so many scenarios that come up that you go, I wish I had this, I wish I had that. That is why I have my emergency car kit.
Speaker 3: I feel like a good bag where you have two sides. One side could be like these makeup products. The other side I would recommend like a deodorant. Yeah, just like the basics.
Speaker 2: No, no, for real, I keep deodorant.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit intense, but I keep deodorant and hand sanitizer.
Speaker 3: Or even makeup wipe. Sometimes you want to get this stuff off your face.
Speaker 1: Me and Jesse, yeah, we get really overstimulated when we wear makeup a lot. So say we've been at a wedding and we're like, you know, we've been in the makeup all day.
Speaker 2: I want to get it off immediately.
Speaker 3: Hair tie, hair goes up, makeup comes off exactly, so we I do keep hair tisers. So there's two sides of it. But I'd honestly say, like this makeup side, it's really good to get started with.
Speaker 1: Yes staples and then just add a few things in as you go, just to make life easy for you. So we've had a few questions sent in from you guys. We're really excited to be answering them right now.
Speaker 3: Perfect, what's the first question?
Speaker 1: Okay, I always get questions all the time about how I apply my lipliner and lipstick combo because it's really nice and blurred out. I've unfortunately seen this viral video on TikTok right now where a girl is saying, you guys look.
Speaker 2: Like you have buttthole lips.
Speaker 3: What not to me?
Speaker 1: But just in general, it's going around right now because I feel like people are taking the lip line a trend too far and they're not blending it the right way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got millions and imagery in my head.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Well, she's just saying that like, people's lips aren't looking the best.
Speaker 2: So I'm here to fix that for you.
Speaker 1: So I have a staple lipliner that I use all the time. It's rare Beauty's lipliner in wys and it's more of a brown shade, so, you know, to avoid that certain sort of image for the lips.
Speaker 2: I like to apply my lip liner first.
Speaker 1: I do a little bit of an overline, particularly on the cuban's bow, and I don't like to draw the lips out too fast, so keep them nice and plump by.
Speaker 3: On the corners, you know, making it go all the way to the edges. Yeah, making it a little.
Speaker 2: Bit more round.
Speaker 1: But so what you're gonna do is not go too heavy handed with the lip line. I just get a nicelip line and then take whatever your lip bomb is. You can use what we mentioned before, the rose from Fresh. It's really beautiful and I like to dab that in the middle of my lips. It is easier when you use an applicator. So another product I love is this tom Ford beauty balm.
Speaker 2: It is so stunning.
Speaker 3: These are one of those products where you put it on and it's supposed to like go to your.
Speaker 2: pH level, your PhD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like clear, and then you put it on and he goes pink. So what I like to do is like blend with the lipstick applicator because it's a.
Speaker 2: Balm and it's sheer and it's see through.
Speaker 1: It's really easy to kind of blend the two products together. So I really highly recommend don't just leave a stark lip line that it's not going to be flattering, but you can just fluff it out a little bit with the applicator of the lipstick or your finger and you just it's like a really nice mbree and then just smash your lips together a little bit. Yeah you're done, Yeah, done, perfect, amazing.
Speaker 3: Right. The next question is how do we get our curls to last? Like this is a very common question for curly girls. Your hair's either too soft and it like kind of the curls get too loose over time and they get too limp. They will or your hair becomes like a bird's nest, and it's about finding the balance. And how I do this is I have like a pretty good hair routine where I say my hair lasts for like that four to five hair hair losts.
Speaker 2: So much longer than mine.
Speaker 3: Maybe I should, You should try this. So what I do is I put in my the tiniest bit of curl cream. If I put too much curl cream in, because I have low density hair, my hair will get that limp and yeah, it just doesn't work. So like the tiniest bit of that. Then I put my gel in. I put a good amount. Then what I do the next two steps really helps with the longevity. I put in a good amount of moose in my hair, and before I diffuse, diffuse. Before I diffuse, I use a hairspray while my hair is wet. You do this every time, every time I've got my hair over And then I do my hairspray on the bottom side and then the top side, and then I'll diffuse my hair. The reason I do it before is because it doesn't give the sticky effect of hairspraying after and when I'm diffusing my hair, it really gets rid of the curl cast.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: I also find that when I use a diffuse on, my hair lasts a lot longer than if I let it air dry. A little bit of pay a little bit of heat really does set at instone.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really smart because I frequently use hairspray after if I have an event and it does, then you're going to get the burd nest.
Speaker 2: Then you're not going to have hair that lasts.
Speaker 1: So trying the tip of using a hairspray before you diffuse for a bit more long devity exactly.
Speaker 3: And I didn't do that this time. So my hair's feeling a little bit soft today and it's not going to last as long this week. But sometimes you just want to feel really really clean.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, Okay, cute, good tip. The next question is if we both had to pick one makeup product to leave the house with every single time, what would it be?
Speaker 2: Mine is the revenue lipliner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, if I'm leaving the house, it's definitely just like a lip gloss. Yeah, I love right now. The Polite Society.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a tongue twister. Again, it's a polite power glossy lip bum.
Speaker 3: Why these names so excessive? Yeah, but yeah, it's really it's really nice. I like the formula. It feels really glidy like, it's not sticky. Yeah, and it tastes yummy. It tastes like a childhood lip gloss. Cute?
Speaker 2: Is it like a watermelon or something? I haven't tried it. Jess is really obsessed with lip balms.
Speaker 1: If I get a peer Of package with seven lip balms, they are all gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in her draw.
Speaker 3: It has like a little bit of like a red tinge. You're just like, yeah, of course of somebody. So someone's asked what a go to hairstyle would be for someone who's having a bad curly hair day.
Speaker 1: Okay, well there's probably two that we are using right now that you guys would love, and they're super easy. I would say that a high messy bun. It can look a little bit messy, but if you add a headband.
Speaker 2: You just look cute. It's like a whole new vibe to your outfit.
Speaker 1: And it's one way to get rid of a little bit of fuzzy and the baby fuzz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the baby fuzz that.
Speaker 1: Kind of can come around your hairline, so you know, leave a few little bits of curls dangling down for a more like mantic soft feel.
Speaker 2: Add a headband, and then you can do.
Speaker 1: A top knot, a high bun top knot and just looks so cute.
Speaker 2: I really love this look. I've been doing it for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then for me, I have one go to And this also like links back to the longevity because I use a French pin and this doesn't create any tension or like when you use a hair tie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it tends to like give.
Speaker 3: You like that dint in your hair for the rest of the week. But I do like a little French pin, like at the crown of my head. I leave my fringe out. Even if it's messy, like my friend is messy, I'll brush through it and it's kind of just fluffy yeh. And I love the look of it. It looks really like effortlessly chic. So you could either do.
Speaker 1: A bun with a pin or like a French twitch t which is a little bit harder but looks more sheep.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love those two hairstyles for a bad hair daye.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys so much for joining us today on Skinfluence.
Speaker 1: If you are interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available in the episode description on your podcast app.
Speaker 3: If you love what you hear, leave us a rating and a review.
Speaker 1: And if you have any questions or want us to cover anything on the pod. Please reach out via our socials.
Speaker 2: Mine is at Jamie Joe.
Speaker 3: And Mine is at Summersud or send us an email at skinforones at novapodcast dot com dot.
Speaker 2: See you next week, guys, guys.
Speaker 3: Bye one bye bye bye bye