Speaker 1: On scaring Lils Ostrodio.
Speaker 2: This is the Winner Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening, Anne, Welcome to the reader Panety Show. Coming up tonight, the Safety Commissioner abandons her court byte with Elon Masks X and eleat football like facing a full match band for refusing to celebrate Pridemark. Nigel Farag attacked in the UK after launching his election campaign in Essex. Joining me tonight Senator Alex Antik Josh Hammer with the latest from the US and Alex Phillips with the UK report and of course your favorite lefties losing it. Joining me now is Deputy Director of the Institute of Public Affairs Daniel Wild Dan, Let's start with Julie Edman Grand, the Safety Commissioner who today abandoned her federal court battle with Elon Musk, sparked by her demand that Extra move videos of the alleged terror event in a wakely church in Sydney. Dan, She's now going to be testing the validity of her office's powers through the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. What do you make of today's developments?
Speaker 4: Well, this is a significant development. I think it shows that Julie in Mangrant's position is now untenable and she should step aside from that role. The reason for that is it was clearly overreach for her to go to the Federal Court, and that was clear when what the Justice had to say about the matter. I don't doubt that Julian Mangrant believes that she's doing the right thing by the community. But the issue is that there is a significant amount of power that has been invested into that role, where now we basically have one individual that's able to make determinations about the content of what should or should not be online based on her own subjective opinions. And the problem is that we know that Julian Mangrant, whatever her intentions might be, she has a history of political activism and we saw that with the Voice to Parliament. So I don't think Australians think it's appropriate that you have one individual that should be policing not only the Internet in Australia. But remember she wanted to take this content down everywhere around the world, and that is dramatic overreach.
Speaker 3: That was what was so extraordinary. I mean, she is a left wing activist. That she was appointed by a coalition government is to their eternal shame that they did not check her out sufficiently. But again, this office was initially created to protect children, to get rid of child exploitation material from the world wide Web. Not not what she is doing now removing posts that are saying things like men can't breastfeed Somehow, that's the sort of shocking hate speech that we can't be subjected to. So let's keep an eye on this one, because I don't think we've heard the last of this saga. To be honest with you, I know she's abandoned this court fight, but this issue is not dead yet to Victoria. Now and those who protested against Victoria's harsh lockdowns are taking legal action after a judge rule Victoria police used unlawful and unjustified violence during the COVID nineteen pandemic. Five protesters are suing the state over their unlawful detentions following a rally in Melbourne on May nine, twenty one. More than a dozen protesters were arrested that day after clashes with police, with County called Judge Liz Gainor ruling that police were the aggressives and employed unjustified violence during the chaos. Interesting, and I've got to say my sympathies are with this five who are taking this legal action because we saw it over and over again in this state, peaceful protesters protesting against the most straconian measures imaginable, and the manner that police dealt with them was reprehensible. In my opinion, I.
Speaker 4: Agree, and the chickens are now coming home to roost. In addition to the unjustifiable violence of Victoria police, there was, of course the double standard, which was if you were a Black Lives Matter protester, you had the red carpet treatment, you were allowed to go out there in protest. But if you were someone like Zoey Buller who was just putting their opinion online about the lockdowns, then you were arrested. And these people who were protesting were brutally dealt with. Look, I think the issue really came down to the leadership of the police and the fact that they were politicized. They basically became an arm of Daniel Andrew's private office to try and suppress speech, suppress protest, suppress freedom of association. It's one of the most reprehensible times in our state history. So look, this is I think another important step to getting some justice. But reader, what it reinforces is we need to have a proper full royal commission into every single element for the pandemic by state and federal governments.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, that has to happen, and they may try to delay it and delay it, but the sooner it happens and we learned from it, the better. We'll get back to Victoria in a second, but first let's have a look at this. We had confirmation this week that many of the COVID pandemic mandates we were all supposed to follow religiously, unquestioningly, things like social distancing masking, They were not based on science as we were told at the time. This is all coming out with Dr Anthony Fauci is grilling by the House COVID investigators and they just worked on hunches. There was no medical basis. There was no scientific basis. And Dan, let's not forget this wasn't just in the US where Fauci had an enormous impact. We here were following every draconian measure questioningly. I think probably other than perhaps perhaps China, we and New Zealand were the craziest when it came to that COVID era. And I think so many people have memory hold what happened? You asked them about things that occurred and they don't recall it, and you have to actually, you know, google an article and showed them so I know this actually happened. Remember this, this was you live through it, not that long ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean that's happened to me, like a two year period that doesn't exist because every day was basically the same and you sort of sort of rolled into one. But you know, it was shocking and those of us, I mean, you were one of the outspoken people, one of the very few outspoken people at the time, and we were sort of saying, well, hang on a minute, why do you have I think here we had a six meter rule, so why did we have a blanket six meter rule? But then we had like a thousand other specific rules in place at the same time. It just none of this ever made sense from the start, and there were many of us saying, well, is this really about the health science or is this about politics? And as the days and months have gone by since, we now know that this was more about politics than anything else, including in most cases masks. Now, masks may have had a role in certain environments where you couldn't move and you're on a train or a bus. But you know this was about political theater, not about keeping people safe.
Speaker 3: No, and particularly masks outdoors. Let's just have a look at those who didn't comply with some of these requirements how they were treated. Now, the Australian Human Rights Commission has had to ask one of its anti racism ambassadors to step back while it investigates a racial discrimination complaint against her. We're not suggesting that the ambassador Tasnim Chopra has done anything legally wrong, but she did make posts that said Zionists were racists and white supremacists who lie, lie, lie, even casting doubt on her master's use of sexual violence on October seven, which prompted a complain. The Australian Human Rights Commission has previously had to end a contract with a consulting firm, Hugh after The Australian newspaper revealed one of its founders allegedly helped spread the docs details of Jewish creatives. This all begs the question, Dan, why do we even have this body because it was completely useless during COVID where there was just mass violations of human rights in this country. It's been pretty useless over the last seven months when the Jewish community has been under attack, why do we have this body other than two, I don't know, terrorized cartoonists.
Speaker 4: Well, look, that's exactly right. The Australian Human Rights Commission has been anti free tom anti democratic since the start. It hasn't done what it's supposed to do, which is actually try and protect the human rights of all Australians. As you mentioned, the most egregious breaches to our human rights that have taken place in peacetime. Now, the Human Rights Commission was completely and totally silent on to my knowledge, they haven't said anything meaningful since then either, and they have been largely a left leaning organization funded by taxpayers that has tried to shut down, as you suggest, those who have a different opinion from the political establishment. And look, this is just another example of why it's time to disband the Australian Human Rights Commission.
Speaker 3: I'm with you now. Football player for Monaco has been given a full match ban for covering up an anti homophobia logo on his shirt. Mohammed Carrera put white tape over a badge that featured on the front of the All clubs jerseys on the final day of the season. The league says, after hearing the player Mohammad Kumara and noting his refusal during the meeting to carry out one or more actions to raise awareness of the fight against homophobia, the Commission decided to impose a four match suspension. That is a heavy penalty. Indeed, short response from you, is that justified?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's another example of why politics and social issues have no place in sport. I mean, soccer is literally played or watched by billions of people around the world with different religious views, cultural values and so forth. And I think most people that are sick and tired of having political issues used or sport used as a vehicle to promote certain political views and issues, where they just want to go to the sport to watch sport rather than be lectured too. So I think this is another example of we need to keep politics out of sport.
Speaker 3: Absolutely I agree with you on that one, Dan Wyle, thank you for your time this evening.
Speaker 1: Thank you joining me.
Speaker 3: Now as Liberal Senator of South Australia. Alex Antick. Let's start with a woman who was a victim of a violent New Zealander and she's hit out at Immigration Minister Andrew Jiles for his ministerial direction that allowed this offender to remain in Australia. The man who racked up thirty five convictions for crimes including attacking police officers domestic violence, was safe from deportation because of Direction ninety nine. Single mum Jessica Mills says she lays one hundred percent of the blame at the Immigration Minister and has called on the Albanese government to fix the mess they created.
Speaker 5: What we went through, no family should have to go through. He actually was a New Zealand citizen. The questions were raised like why is he still here? There's criminal charges that have been laid against them time and time again. How many times did it have to be laid out for them to actually be like, all right, this person is not is not a good person in our country.
Speaker 3: Senator Antique, Direction ninety nine is revised, replaced? Is that going to fix this issue? And what is the Prime Minister's culpability in this ministerial order being formulated?
Speaker 6: Well, reader, apart from anything else, the Prime Minister leads a government that's lost its way. It's very clearly not in control of the Immigration Department. And of course the same could be applied to many other departments as well. But I mean, these are the human faces of this Direction ninety nine and of course the flat footed response to the original High Court decision. It's not like this government hasn't had plenty of warning on this and we learn now. I think that this Direction ninety nine order has had an enormous impact on the aat's decisions, and it has compounded the fact that we've seen one hundred and fifty three criminals released back into the community. We're talking about murderers, we're talking about child sex offenders, We're talking about people that should never ever set foot in this country. And yet we're now being told, once again, after having fixed up the problem, allegedly tried to fix up the problem with the High Court decision, we're being told that Direction ninety nine is going to have the same rubbing of the magic lantern. This government needs to understand it is Australia first. Peter Dutton, on the other hand, when he was the minister, he canceled six three hundred visas, more than any other minister since federation. And we need the adults back in charge of this government.
Speaker 3: Again now mining magnate Gina ryan Hart has taken a stand against the leftist push to include gender ideology in the school curriculum. She wants parents to stand up with her and speak at also her old school, Saint Hilda's in Perth, that had not only a pride assembly that parents were not invited to attend, students were told things like having evolver doesn't necessarily mean you're a woman, and one transgender teacher apparently berated an entire classroom because someone accidentally or purposely we misgendered him or her. Sir was used instead of miss We mock the US over the excesses of the trans movement at Senator Antique, but we're not much better here. Indeed, in some regards we're probably worse.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I mean missus Reinhart's one hundred percent right. And it actually makes a point that I've been making for a long period of time is we need people in politics to make the right decisions to protect kids. Remember, schooling is about schooling, it's not about social engineering. But it's more than that. We need people to be involved on all levels. You know, we need quiet Australians to speak up and we need families and parents to be involved as well. We've seen that in South Australia. We've got a very very successful movement with a group of mums who are doing I guess things, talking about education and providing support for each other in terms of you know, how to talk to your principle about these things and how to make that voice heard. We see a very similar movement in the United States with the moms. Moms as they say, for liberty in the United States. I met some of them when I was over there and they're fantastic women. We need the mums because I'll tell you what, if you want to force in politics, it's mumma bears. Don't muck around with the muma bears. They'll get you. But we need more of them and there are strengths in numbers here in South Australia. We just recently saw a couple of months ago an incident involving the Renmark High School where there was under the Guys of Respectful Relationships, a program broad into the school that parents didn't know about that the school teachers apparently were not actually therefore, which involved talking to the kids about concepts like beast reality. Now this is often done under the guys of consent and respectful relationships. It's very hard, I accept, for parents to know really what's going on in their schools. But I think the first step is awareness. We've been gathering for a long period of time complaints from parents here, things that go on that would blow your mind. So look, I think she's one hundred percent right. The parents have got us start asking questions, even if it's just with the kids, what did you learn today? And see what it takes them, because this is a full court press. We have got a problem with this in our school system.
Speaker 3: You're so right, and they always give these programs the just the most benign names, in fact, names you couldn't possibly disagree with, like safe schools and respectful relationships. You just got to dig a little bit further into what the detail is and you might be shocked before you go. You did take our National Security agency to task in Senate estimates last week. You asked about some of their woke diversity schemes and also this preoccupation you might say they have with Christian violent extremist ideology. I would have thought, particularly over the last seven months, there would be other issues that that would be occupying their time.
Speaker 6: What did you learn, Well, this was I mean what I learned is that, you know, there does seem to be a bit of a preoccupation with white Christian nationalism as it's referred to it. It's all the way through the last Annual Report. Now, the last Annual Report, and this is of course no criticism of the director. I think it does a really good job. But the report itself talks about white Christian nationalism like it's happening all the time. They of course was framed around that we Ambler, the tragic we Ambler shooting. But if you look back over the last ten years of the eleven or so terrorist acts in Australia, almost all of them are radical Islamic terror or related or adjacent, and so it does beg the question now they're probably separate issues. But I then explored this diversity agenda inside Asia and we found out there were support groups for all sorts of people based on gender, based on cultural and linguistic status, none of course for Christians who are involved in ASIO. But the director rightly says if there was a call for one, they'd have a support group for employees there as well. I mean Ultimately, I don't know. I don't know where this focus comes from, but I'm just not sure, and.
Speaker 3: I do worry about the stats when you see something like we saw that stabbing in Perth in the car park outside of Bunnings, where the assailant stated what he was doing, he said he was on a g HAD and yet it wasn't classified as a terror event, so statistically that doesn't get added to the lists and some of the stats you discussed with the with the AZO spokesman, Senator Antick, we do love your work. Thank you so much for your time this evening. Thanks Ruder still to come. Left is losing it and the Hunter Biden trial gets underway. Josh Hammer brings us the latest welcome back, and now it's time for lefties losing it. Let's have a look at how loving and tolerant the two SLJLGB t q I A plus plus plus community is to a trans woman who happens to be conservative. Surely they'll be welcoming and inclusive. Let's see how Blair White was treated at Pride in Austin, Texas. It's true trans and supporting Trump.
Speaker 7: Jesus, I thought it was about Pride.
Speaker 8: Good emotions. The security won't stop following me. Why are you still following me? Do you identify as a bully? So why didn't you do anything when the person was screaming for you and having to be hauled off by his friend. Only when I asked questions respectfully to everyone? Okay, hey, what's up? We're being treated kind of badly here.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Look how crazy this person is. This is a fan of mine, Get away from me. You're filming me saying these are conservatives. So it kind of sounds like you have a problem because at the end of the day, I'm trans I can be here.
Speaker 3: Got to tell you, I ain't feeling the tolerance. Let's go from Austin, which has been ruined by calor Thornians too California, to West Hollywood and what has been the highlight of the Pride parade for you?
Speaker 1: I'm not that acting mayor out here in front of me. Oh my gosh, b.
Speaker 7: Has been your favorite part of this.
Speaker 2: At that so far?
Speaker 3: I loved going out there and seeing all the kids. Really, your favorite part is seeing all the kids watching the parade. A parade full of prancing, scantily clad adults is not exactly the sort of thing kids should be exposed to, unless you're a lefty losing it. Now, this drag queen is doing wonderful work, not reading too or prancing around half naked in front of kids, but educating fully grown adults about basic facts.
Speaker 9: And so I did a study of bride in the Middle East with Israel and Palistine.
Speaker 1: Would you say you're pro Palestine or pro Israel?
Speaker 9: Pro Palestine?
Speaker 1: As a game man, I would be punished and or put in prisoner killed if I were open the game Palestine. How do you react to that?
Speaker 9: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: So it is illegal to be gay in Palestine. You are punished by prison or Jazz Israel. No, Israel has gay pride. Israel is completely open to lesbian and gay people. Palestine puts them in prison or kills them. You were you weren't aware of that? I was not aware of that.
Speaker 3: No, you weren't aware of that. You said you studied it, and you're wearing rainbow colors. You don't know the most basic facts about where gays and lesbians face genuine persecution. Let's see how she copes with that this schooling.
Speaker 9: So that does post an interesting aspect have you.
Speaker 1: Seen the Queers for Palestine movements. It's a very common movement. But I don't see any Muslims for queer movements.
Speaker 9: Yes, that's where it gets grey, right, like that's where I well, for me, it's not great.
Speaker 3: It gets grey. Really, These are the paper who claim there is a transgenocide happening in the US, who think protecting your children from radical gender theory in doctrination in school is bigoted and harmful. But gays and lesbians being beaten, jailed, killed, that's just a gray area. Now, drag Queen tries to teach this ignorant lefty about the plight of the gay community in Muslim majority countries.
Speaker 1: As there is no Islamic country on Earth that embraces me as a gay man.
Speaker 9: So okay, okay, So maybe I'm confused because Israel, which isn't still an islam country.
Speaker 1: Ray No, no, no Jewish.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So Israel's Jewish Palestinians are Islamic.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, she studied it. Get your money back, lady. Now let's continue. Left is losing it. With an important message from the leader of the free world today, Joe Biden vowde crackdown, going to tackle the border crisis he has created. The man whose policies have seen illegal immigration records broken every single year of his presidency is blaming the Republicans and vowing tough action.
Speaker 10: I've come here today to do what Republics in Congress refuser do, take the necessary steps to secure our border. We came to a clear bipartisan deal with the strongest border security agreement in decades. Then Republicans in Congress, not all of but walked away from it. Why because Donald Trump told them to.
Speaker 3: That's the most lucid we've seen him for some time. He must be on the good stuff. But Biden's shameless attempts today to blame Trump and the Republicans for this crisis requires Americans to memory hold everything he has said and done to cause this crisis. Remember he told illegal immigrants to search the border when he was campaigning in the lead up to the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 10: I would, in fact make sure that there is we immediately surge to the border. All those people are seeking asylum. They deserve to be heard. That's who we are. Where a nation says, if you want to flee and you're freeing oppression, you should come.
Speaker 3: And when he was asked, wouldn't his policies vowing to overturn Trump's tough border protection plan lead to an illegal immigration crisis? His response was this, first.
Speaker 10: Of all, every executive order this president has issues relating to the border and relating to dealing with the Hispanic community is going to be pulled back. We're not going to be fooling with that.
Speaker 3: Wan't that we start a brand new border crisis.
Speaker 2: I mean, what would you do with all those people in camps now waiting in Mexico?
Speaker 10: It will if we.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 8: Well, this is seekers that are on the other side of the border now in camp's going to be allowed to come and do their claims inside the United States, something that.
Speaker 10: Has not been for this the first time ever you've had to seek asylum in a third country. It's outrageous. It's outrageous.
Speaker 3: It's outrageous. It's outrageous. What it's outrageous to have borders. Reminder, his administration has let in millions illegally every single year of his presidency, more than two million a year. And why well, because he kept his election promise to overturn Trump's policies. Indeed, on day one of Biden's presidency, he terminated the national emergency with respect to the southern border and redirected funds destined for completing the war. On day one he did this, he terminated policies that were slashing the numbers crossing illegally. And he also said this building a massive wall that spans the entire southern border is not a serious policy solution. It is a waste of money that diverts attention from genuine threats to our homeland secure, genuine threats to homeland security. What what is that?
Speaker 8: Joe?
Speaker 3: Mums at school board meetings who don't want their kids indoctrinated with a radical gender theory. As for this new plan that he's announced today, as The New York Post points out, such a crackdown is a mirage. Even if the executive order was fully enforced, one point eight million asylum seekers will still be allowed to enter the US every year. One point eight million Joining me now, is senior editor at large of Newsweek, Josh Hammer. Josh, what do you make of President Biden's announcement? Will this plan solve the border crisis?
Speaker 2: You know, reader, A few things jump right, off the top fast on those clips that we just saw. The first thing that I want to note is that clip of Joe Biden in his basement from twenty twenty, back when he was running the Basement campaign during COVID. You know, he's clearly all in that video, but he's actually remarkably more elusive than he is now. So I just want to make that very fast point. Rather, he has declined a lot just over the past three to three and a half years or so, because that video in twenty is very, very different than what we're getting nowadays. But to the actual immigration ordering question here, so the relevant legal section, it's it's the Immigration and Nationality Acts, Section two twelve F, which is codified at eight US Code eleven eighty two, subsection f threason I know all this because as they frequently invoked section of American immigration law during the Trump administration, a lot of border hawks, such as myself, were talking about invoking two twelve F. There are a few things note here. One, if Joe Biden thinks that invoking this is somehow a panacea to our border crisis, why in the world is he just doing it now? I mean, why are we waiting until the summer of a presidential election year. Why wasn't he doing it one year ago, two years ago, three years ago. I mean essentially just after this president took office in January of twenty twenty one, that's when the border crisis searched. And as you just showed there, it has a lot to do with the fact that on day one he started repealing Trump executive orders. So if he actually cared or to shut down the border, he could have done this one year ago, two years ago, three years ago. The second point to make here is that the fact that Joe Biden is now belatedly conceding that he has he has this executive authority. This belies the utter lie that was the so called bipartisan border bill at the us N and was talking about just a few months ago, back when Chuck Schumer and then James Langford, the useful idiot from Oklahoma, they had this so called bipartisan border bill, which thankfully didn't see the light of day. It was a terrible bill. But at the time Biden was saying, give me a law of Congress. I need a law. Now he's saying he could just do it unilaterally, So he's all over the place here. The final point to make here READO. I think this obviously has everything to do with domestic politics in an election year. I think what Joe Biden is trying to do here because he is a deeply cynical man. All he cares about is his domestic polling. We see it in every single issue very much, including the Israel Hamas Warre and Gaza as well. I think what he is doing here is he has seen them moderates and independence want a secure border. But what he's anticipating, I think, is that far left legal groups are going to immediately file a lawsuit, as the ECLU has already done, and I think that he's anticipating that the courts will gum up the works, which will simultaneously allow him to say, oh, look, I'm a border hawk, I'm trying to secure the border, while on the other hand, you will actually still have the open border. So it's a deeply, deeply cynical maneuver.
Speaker 3: I think, deeply cynical. But he can't change history. He can't change the fact that he terminated those Trump policies straightway as soon as he entered the Oval office, and just this week we've had another symptom of this border crisis, authorities alleging that illegal immigrant was responsible for shooting to New York police officers. Josh, So, this relationship with crimes being committed by illegal immigrants, all the other consequences of this enormous influx of people who've entered illegally, it is being felt in cities across America, Rita.
Speaker 2: It's everywhere. It is truly everywhere. So I'll give you just one example. In late March, I was speaking in Columbus, Ohio, which is the capital of the state of Ohio. I was speaking to a group of lawyers about the war and Gaza actually and anyway, afterwards, I met with a prominent statewide elected official from the state of Ohio. I will not name names because it was off the record conversation, but I was talking with this official about the immigration issue, and I basically said, you know, sir so and so, you know your state is not a border state, but what are you doing about immigration X y Z. And he essentially cut me off and he said, Josh, what are you talking about. Every state nowadays is a border state, because it is. Because we were feeling the pains of this all throughout the country. When you look at the number of migrants that Joe Biden has been flying in, has been busting in it from the border. They have reached all of the extremities of the United States at this point. It is very much not limited to Texas and the Rio Grande Valley is not limited to the high snore in desert in Arizona. It is truly everywhere. I mean here in Floria where I live. Florida is not technically a border, say because we're surrounded mostly by water. But you know, there was a horrific instance of legal alien crime in Palm Beach County just a month ago or so, and the Palm Beach County Sheriff was actually very outspoken about this. He said, this individual who committed these horrific rapes and traffickings and the child predations which I believe the alien was involved in all of that, the Palm Beach County Sheriff said, he should not have been here. He should not have been here, period, fal stop, end of his story. There are so many stories like this anecdotally. The murder trial by the way of the Killer of Lake and Riley and Athens, Georgia has just started, so hopefully we will see a modicum of justice there. But this is a national national travesty, and Joe Biden to put a mile lea Rita is a little late.
Speaker 8: To the game.
Speaker 3: But on crime, we are saying these soft on crime prosecutors Das and Meys, the Boston med A Democrat and Michelle wou she is pushing an entire soft on crime agenda, insisting that things like shoplifting, breaking and entering underage drinking, drug position, larceny threats, they should not be prosecuted. And she also wants the Boston Police gang database to be shuttered. How politicians like this getting elected, Josh are Democrats so dominant in parts of America that they can pretty much propose anything and still be elected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, if you're a Soros from the far left prosecutor, you don't think that grand larceny or robbery or something else should be prosecuted. But apparently you think that alleged fraudulent bookkeeping, you know, which a Trump organization may or may not have done with the legal expenses of male Cohen in further into some undefined crime. I mean, just look at Alvin Bragg in New York City. He has been building up this case against Trump for many years now. Meanwhile, grand larceny, burglary, robbery, all these crimes have absolutely sort in New York City. If you are a robber or a burglar, you probably know that you are not going to be prosecuted.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: If you're Donald Trump, then you I guess you know that you're gonna be prosecuted. So part of the problem, read it really is George Soros. I mean, George Soros is a singular menacing force when it comes to American politics and when it comes to the problem of the so called progressive prosecutor in general. He funds them all across the country, in Los Angeles and San Francisco. Now there is a silver lining here, which is that some cities have shown signs of not having it anymore. So in San Francisco two years ago you have these Soros fund the prosecutor, Chessa Woudin, who actually was recalled in a recall election. Now unfortunately the successor wasn't too much better, but at least slightly better. But in Portland, Oregon, which is essentially the American home of Antifa, that's a far left city. If there ever were, if there ever were one, The Soros from the Progressive Prosecutor actually just lost, actually just lost his primary in Portland, Oregon, just a couple of weeks ago. So there are some signs of a pushback. Me personally, I take solace in the fact that I live in a red state where I don't deal with any of this nonsense, and I hope the more say in America choose to make that leap from these blue states that are written by crime, written by legal aliens, and make the move to red states, which are home to civilizational sanity.
Speaker 3: Now Hunter Biden's federal gun trial is underway. The jury, we'll hear about how the president's son got his brother's widow, who he was having sex with at the time, hooked on crackcoat Caine. Hailey Biden is one of the people who's going to be giving evidence in this case. She's the one who was so worried about Hunter having a gun that she took it and dumped it in a bin near a school. Tell me about her being a witness in this case, Josh, and the fact that she had a recent visit from President Biden. I mean, is that a proper thing to be doing, to be visiting someone who's going to be a witness at your son's trial.
Speaker 2: No, it is most certainly not a proper thing to do here. I mean the optics of this stinct to high heaven. Frankly. I mean it has all of the luck of the President of the United States trying to intimidate a key witness right before his son is facing potentially of the twenty five years in prison. So you know, Look, Democrats know rita that the media will cover for them no matter what, So they feel totally emboldened to do stunts like this out in the open, knowing that no one other than you know, than conservatives like me will come on a rant about it. But the New York Times Washington Post, they will never raise an eyebrow to them. This obviously looks fully proper, but it is anything but that. Look, the Hunter Biden gun trial, A lot of my fellow conservatives are not really paying a lot of attention to it because the Special Counsel David Weiss has not charged Hunter Biden with foreign stuff, with Fara, with Ukraine, China, any of the jewsier stuff. But the reason that I am paying attention to this gun trial, Rida is because Hunter Biden is dead to rights on these actual charges, on these gun charges there which essentially alleged that he was a drug addict at the time that he purchased a firearm, that he was trafficking in that firearm while being a drug addict. The reason that we know that he is dead to rights and that he has committed this crime is because he literally admitted it. He literally admitted it in his memoir Beautiful Things in twenty twenty one. I don't know who his lawyer was, who was literally agent once who thought that was a good idea, but we know, based on the audio on his laptop and in the memoir itself, that he did this. So the reason that I'm following this trial closely, Rita, is because this is actually going to be a perfect test of the impartiality or fairness of America's justice system after what happened to Donald Trump just now, in particular, if there is anything anything left to take any pride in whatsoever in the American criminal justice system, Hunter Biden has to go to jail, not home confinements, not probation, nothing like that. He is dead to rights on these charges up the twenty five years. I want to see a prison sentence.
Speaker 3: Now before you go, I've got to ask you about Senator John Fitterman from the great state of Pennsylvania. He's a changed man. He went into a facility has come out completely different and more coherent, just with a better sense and grasp of everything. And he recently received a standing ovation at Isshiva University after telling students in a commencement's address that he was profoundly disappointed with his alma mater, Harvard, and he was so ashamed that he took off his Crimson Harvard hood. Let's have a look, and personally, I.
Speaker 9: Did not fundamentally believe that it's worked for me to wear this today.
Speaker 3: And the students sure did appreciate his comments. They celebrated. So just briefly, Josh, what happened to Fetterman? How is he so dramatically different to the man from two years ago?
Speaker 2: Yeah, John Fetterman might be the first person that I've ever seen who suffered literal physical brain damage and became a much like more sane and rational human being as a result of that. I never I've never seen it before, to be honest with you, But you know, if you go back to the to the Pennsylvania US Senate race back in twenty twenty two, you know, John Fetterman did not run as a moderator. He ran as essentially a squad aoc elin omar candidate in the US Senate. If he had continued on that, on that trajectory and had not suffered that stroke, he would be among the most radical left wing senders in the entire US Senate, along with people like Tammy Baldwin and Bernie Sanders probably people like that. But he's a change man now. And you know, I'm not a doctor. I don't I don't claim to know what the correlation is between having a physical stroke and somehow emerging much more san rationalism as a.
Speaker 3: Result of it.
Speaker 2: What I can tell you, and that video that we just saw kind of underscores his points. You know, he's become something of a folk hero. Frankly, in the American Jewish community. I have a lot of a lot of Jewish conservative friends, Jewish Republicans who are even just just laudably praising John Fetterman. A couple of them are even saying that they're going to write in the vote for him this fall. I obviously I am not going to do that myself, but the fact that John Fetterman has emerged like this, especially on the Israel issue, on fighting anti Semitism, it is a small sign of hope, reader, amidst a Democratic Party that increasingly overall really does seem to be lurching to the very very very far left on this issue and other issues. But people like Fetterman, I guess, do give at least a small modicum of hope.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, he's an outlier, and I don't know if the stroke had anything to do with it, but yeah, he disappeared for a period, came back, and now we have a man who's far more lucid, far more centrist. He was radically radically left when he was first elected to the Senate. Josh Hamma, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 7: Thank you still to come.
Speaker 3: Nigel Ferrant makes his political comeback as thousands rally against two tier policing in London. That's after this welcome back. Nigel Farage announced his political comeback yesterday, vowing to take on the Tories himself as a Reform Party candidate in July's general election. The television presenter and Brexiteer also reclaimed his leadership of the right wing Eurosceptic Reform Party, who have been giving the Conservative Party trouble ever since they're founding in twenty eighteen as the Brexit Party. Former Brexit Party member of the European Parliament and current broadcaster Alex Phillips joins me Now Alex. A lot of media headlines claimed this is a shock announcement from Farage. Were you surprised or did you see this coming?
Speaker 11: Know what, I've got a bit of an inside track on this because the party had actually asked me at one point to stand in Clacton, and I'd been having conversations with Nigel about it and then decided against it actually because I need to focus on my broadcasting career, and I knew that Nigel had always been in two minds about whether to stand or not, and I always knew that he was looking at Clacton as the potential seat because of the favorability of standing there.
Speaker 7: So it doesn't surprise me. Actually he's been out on the campaign trail.
Speaker 11: Knowing him like I do, he'd have got this great sense of uplift and all the people saying please stand, please stand, watching the polls begin to move and he just can't resist the fight. It'd be very difficult for him, I think, to sit on the sidelines and potentially see other people elected and him not.
Speaker 3: Well. The bulk of the media loves to give Nigel a terrible time. They love to hate him. But what has been able to achieve the success that he had with Bregsord. One could argue he is the most consequential British politician we've saying since Thatcher. What can he realistically achieve though? In the general election where there was such a short campaign period.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, it's so difficult to call, especially under first past the post, which just doesn't favor small parties.
Speaker 7: But you know, when we've had.
Speaker 11: A resurgent UKIP, a resurgent Brexit Party, other political outfits that he led into general elections at the same time, we had a Conservative party that was also strong and voters who were attractive to those right wing policies, and Nigel's presence would almost make the Conservatives then ate what he was saying to.
Speaker 7: The voters, and the voter would go.
Speaker 11: Well, do you know what, because it's the bigger party, the legacy party, I'm going to put my vote there. What's happened is the Conservatives have not delivered and so this time around you've got a resurge and reform with the Conservatives backs against the ropes. So it'll be interesting to see now whether he can actually tip it over the top and get seats in the parliament.
Speaker 3: Yba well in front. They're expected to win, and as you mentioned, the UK does have a first past the post system. Is he Forage going to just split that Conservative vote and enshore a labor landslide?
Speaker 7: Do you know what?
Speaker 11: It's interesting because this is what voters in the UK are always told. This is a binary choice between the two legacy parties and a vote for anybody else is a wasted vote, something I utterly detest in our so called democracy. But like I said, this time the Conservative Party is backs against the votes.
Speaker 7: They're not going to win in a month of Sundays.
Speaker 11: There's no way you're going to see a Conservative policy competition, even a minority government. So with that in mind, why not just vote for who you want to? It's going to be a labor government. And do you know what, having reformed sitting on those opposition benches, which certainly spice things up.
Speaker 3: It would there are a lot of Tory voters who are actually fed up because they've had this supposedly conservative government in power but they've governed like a Labor party and mad climate policy, mass migration, all sorts of other issues where if you're a genuine Conservative you're wondering what you voted for. But Farage is also vowing to target those voters who are disgruntled labor voters, so he says he's got something for everybody here. I know it's just impossible to predict, but we are saying, certainly in this country where we've got a preferential system, a significant decline in the support of the major two options Labor and the Coalition. Is that something that is happening in the UK? Is there a trend there where a third candidate could possibly get the largest slice of the vote.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not just in the UK, and it's not just in Australia. Look at what's happened across Europe as well. Most of the West are going through the and I think.
Speaker 11: Some of these big issues that are resonating with voters here in the UK, Like you said, the mass migration, we've had. We've currently got a gross a million people coming into the UK per year of population sixty eight million.
Speaker 7: That is cultural vandalism.
Speaker 11: Now, that is something that a lot of countries in the West are seeing, the sort of curse really of mass migration. But at the same time there's this pushback I think against globalization. People feel increasingly in the West that the people they're voting for are working on behalf of supernational organizations, international law, sort of globalist trends that they feel they've lost control, and when they're trying to hold their politicians to accounts, they feel they can't anymore. So we've seen it now in France first of all with Macron, who isn't sort of nominally right wing particularly, but with on Marsh back then did set up a back party. We've seen it in countries like Italy. We're seeing it in the Netherlands with hire Builder winning that last election. This is something that's happening across the West. Voters are sick to death of feeling ignored by what they see as an elite who pandered to big companies, who pandered to these big sort of supernational organizations, and frankly don't listen to the concerns they should be listening to on.
Speaker 7: The ground.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Rishi Sunak has been trying to appease the conservative voter, vowing, for instance, to change the law to keep trans women out of female only spaces like bathrooms. But is anyone buying this figause this is not how he has governed, This is not how previous conservative prime ministers in recent years of government governed. To find his conservative credentials at this late stage, is anyone convinced.
Speaker 7: No, it's gone.
Speaker 11: They've done it, They've blown it, They've lied way too many times. You know, just over a year ago readA Rishi Suna couldn't answer the question whether a woman could have a penis.
Speaker 7: So that tells you all you need to know. He wouldn't pass your.
Speaker 11: GTFY biology in this country, and he's certainly not passing.
Speaker 7: The tens Prime Minister. But we've also had successive Conservative governments, every single election, every manifesto say we're going to cut immigration down to the tens of thousands, and it's over a million. You couldn't make it up. I woke up this morning, bite and.
Speaker 11: Nearly to join you UK time, looked on Twitter and the first thing I see is that wish he's soon act saying he's going to put a cap on migration.
Speaker 7: We've had fourteen years to do that, Sunshine, and you haven't.
Speaker 3: Oh dear.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: We had massive crowds marching through central London on the wakend. They were demanding an end to London's two tiered policing systems, the issue we've talked about often on this program. There were carrying English flags at Saint George, there were Israeli flags there, all sorts of flags. There looked like many, many, thousands tending. Though the media said it was just hundred. Segments of the media were not convinced. What you just saw was thousands of people, and they also trying to paint these people who did turn up as racists, football holigans, violent drunks, all sorts of descriptions. But there was no violence. There was no property destruction. There was a bit of singing, though, Alex. What really happened at this parade other than the singing, was it a gathering of racist footy houligans who we should all be terrified of.
Speaker 11: Look at those videos, I mean, Rita, the monsters we have in this country, the threat to civilization may pose, singing patriotic songs and getting together from all walks of life to celebrate brig values. What a horrible far right skinhead movement. We should all be terrified. I mean, it's just ridiculous, isn't it. What is wrong with people turning around and saying, I love the country I'm from and I want the country i'm from to love itself.
Speaker 7: That is what this was about, saying that British values should be cherished, not slandered, not destroyed.
Speaker 11: And frankly, British values are under threats by the amount of immigration we're having.
Speaker 7: It's just the facts of life and we need to talk about this.
Speaker 11: And those scenes I think were brilliant and I'm really proud of all the Brits who turned up and went on that much.
Speaker 3: Alex Phillips, thank you so much for your time. And that's it from May Up next is news No, I'll see you at eleven tomorrow. Good night,