Speaker 1: I get a team. It's a You Project, of course it is. Patrick's here, Tips here, I'm here. I hope you're well. Hope you're enjoying the You Project. And if you're not part of our little online group, a Rooney, the You Project Facebook group is available for you.
Speaker 2: Is that what it's called the You Project podcast? Or I don't know, it's something of that group. I should I should probably know.
Speaker 1: But there's about four thousand of us that jump on there and talk, and young Danny this week had something to celebrate.
Speaker 2: In the group. We all did that, like a.
Speaker 1: Little online community where people just support each other in all the good things. So if you're not part of that, there's no hooks, catches or agendas. You just jump in and chat or jump out whatever the case. Hi, Patrick, Hey, Hey, doing be part of the group? Kind of Yes and no?
Speaker 3: Yes, I joined in.
Speaker 2: Are you a member of the group?
Speaker 3: I think so. Yeah, But I don't monitor social media anymore. Remember, I just don't jump that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. That's probably for the best.
Speaker 1: But after talking to David Gillespie the other day, I was a bit depressed but also a little bit enlightened. So I'm right now curating my relationship with social media and all of my attention regarding all things electronic high TIV high harms.
Speaker 4: How are you fabulous? Friday morning?
Speaker 1: Now, Patrick and I saw that some male was in the background before.
Speaker 2: We went live. I'm not sure that either he or I have given any kind of approval for that.
Speaker 4: Earlier in the morning to walk the dog.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is that what he does. Oh sorry, I thought it was a letter from Australia Poste.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so he's like a dog walker man, is he?
Speaker 4: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: Why was he in pajamas and my pajamas, I mean jocks? Why was the dog walker man knewed in the background?
Speaker 2: What was that about? Did you giggling? Giggling like a fucking guilty school girl? And Patrick's like, I wish I had one of them in my background.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say that I couldn't say you must have X ray glasses because he looked pretty close to me.
Speaker 1: We're just fucking around for the show. Patrick, you're familiar with entertainment, No, you're familiar with that. No, but thanks for that. You really added to what was going on.
Speaker 4: Truth get in the way of a good story, Patrick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just let that.
Speaker 1: Just let that roll now, Patrick, You've been the victim of a vicious crime up there in the place where you once bragged about how safe and beautiful it was. You don't lock your car, you don't lock your house. But you do, now, don't you.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I do lock my car, but it was parked across the road on one of those really hot days under a tree because there was no shade, and I left it overnight and someone broke into it. Yeah, smashed the windows. Wasn't fun. But I had my backpack in it, which is what I take to tai Chi with all my notes and fans and a little bit of equipment and yes, my wallet. I know everyone's been telling me how dumb I am, and one friend in particular, Hi Sylvia, it constantly tells me how dumb I am, So thanks for that. But yeah, the police were really lovely. The forensic guys were really good. But the crims or krim, I don't know if it was more than one person were wearing gloves so they couldn't take any prints. But but digital tracking, thank you. They used my credit card at nine different locations as they drove back to Melbourne. So wow, Melbourne. Yeah, and the good thing is police have CCTV footage, so I'm hoping that my stupidity may actually lead to a conviction. So in some ways it's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Will you be locking it moving forward all the time or just a look it?
Speaker 3: And I always lock it, but I just didn't have it in the driveway where I normally have it nice and safe where the camera is, and it was out of the range of the camera.
Speaker 1: So it's not a good feeling, is it when you walk up to your car, or like, I've had a few things happen over the years where you go, yeah, you come to a door at your house and like I didn't leave that open or whatever makes you feel sick in the guts.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you remember I lived. I was renting a place in Tuak, which again is supposedly a nice area, and I had my camera in the glovebox, but this is before they had screens on the back of it was a Kodak digital camera, one of the very first ones, and it got stopped and anyway, I thought maybe I'll just check out a few of the pawn shops to see a few weeks later. Anyway, when I walked out of club X. Sorry, I mean the places that you can dock your wares, not wear your hawks. You know, a lot a log chapel street at all those places.
Speaker 2: I'm not helping you out. You dug this fucking hole. I saw it coming from two acres away.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I went to one to watch.
Speaker 2: Fortunately, Tiff is the best crowd in.
Speaker 3: The world, and you are lucky when I do stand up, Tiff, you are still going to be there right at the front of everybody. Thank you. Anyway, so I walk in and I see this camera that's identical to my camera on sale, and I asked the guy, you know is can I check out the camera? I said, if you've got the box and cables for it and a mate just as is. So I looked at it and the memory card was full, and I knew that my memory card and my camera had been full. And then I opened up the back of it and they had Panasonic batteries. And Panasonic batteries aren't that common in a lot of devices, you know, you tend to get durusale and ever ready, so I thought, I reckon, this is my camera. So I went to the local police station and the desk sergeant a person at the desk said, nah, we can't do anything. You know, there's not much we can do. But a COIB detective happened to be walking past and he turned to me and said, oh, what happened to your camera? And I told him the whole story. He said, right, let's jump in the car and go and have a look. He was a lovely guy. And we're driving there he says, yeah, this bloody licensed thieves. So anyway, the short story is I took the camera. We got the camera, took it back to my place, and I had the box and packaging for it. Serial codes matched, so I knew it was my camera. I had to buy it back.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I had to buy it back for the price that the porn shop had purchased it for because even though I could prove it was my camera, they had ID stolen ID that that had been used to verify the person's sale. But anyway, so it's just I know it's a bit of a long winded story. Apologies for that, but you're right, Craigo, you do feel somewhat violated when something gets stolen that doesn't belongs to you.
Speaker 1: It's not a competition, but I'll share one with you that was a good one I bought when I had Harper's on the Highway that he used to train at, when Tiff was just you know, doing year twelve fuck and squeezing a z it's and trying to figure out what she wanted to do in the next you'll doing.
Speaker 2: That decade or two.
Speaker 1: So I bought a new motorbike patrick which I was called a Suzuki eleven hundred hour, which was one of the first of the super bikes in that kind of it looked like something you would ride on the track but on the street, right early days of those superbikes, and back then it's probably twenty five years ago or something.
Speaker 2: Cost me.
Speaker 1: Like twenty three or four grand, which was a fortune, probably like fifty grand now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, blue and white, beautiful, amazing. Went out.
Speaker 1: I won't say where I bought it, but anyway, went out to this place which is not near my house. It's the only place in Victoria I could get one. They'd just been released. Bought it, and while I was there, I bought this like fucking I don't know what it was, titanium chain or something that you can't cut through, and just so I could lock. Apart from the steering lock on the bike, I could also lock it so nobody could pinch it. Blah blah blah, and I was I had to go back the next day to pick it up. So anyway, I went back the next day, because that's pre deliberate all that. I picked it up. Friend of mine dropped me off road at home Bibby Bobby Boo. Still hadn't seen one on the road, so I was super proud of myself. Next day, I was going to work driving and I saw opposite me at an intersection in fact, Nepeane Highway South Road, opposite me, going the opposite direction to me. Of course, I go, oh my god, there's my bike. Little did I know it was actually my fucking bike, right, And I'm like, look at that, dude, and it's the same and it's you know, obviously I hadn't memorized the number plate, but I didn't even think.
Speaker 2: And then later that day I got home and clearly mine was gone.
Speaker 1: So I actually saw the guy flogging my riding away on my bike, and I'm thinking what a gun is because he's got a bike like me. And then but the dumb thing that I did was, so you buy it from and of course most dealers are not like this. But you buy it from the dealer and you pick it up tomorrow. So they can cut a key to the bike. They can cut a key to the padlock. All the bits and pieces I bought for security, they can replicate in the day between when you sign on the dotted and when you get it. So the guy who stole it, at the very least worked for the dealership, or worked for the dealership, or knew someone who did. So he just came to my joint, which he also had the address because I signed all the paper, drove to my joint, or got dropped off, had all the keys unlocked, everything just rode it away And you're like, ah, and then, which is understandable. But then I got interrogated for about four hours by the fucking insurance company like I was a criminal and I had done this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I sympathize with you.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah, that's that's pretty fun, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh Yeah, it's ridiculous. It's ridiculous. What are we what are we teching today? Is there anything that takes your fancy or do you.
Speaker 3: Just want me to throw a CPR CREPR story. And this is one of the most bizarre things. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Meta basically had patented. It's come out that they painted a AI that would continue to post for you when you die.
Speaker 2: Who yeah, who wants that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So now this happened in December, and they weren't the first to do it. Microsoft actually had the same idea but then shelved it's saying, yeah, probably a bit creepy if we have a Chatbotton model. This was that in twenty twenty one. But they're saying now, no, no, no, we're not really going to use it. The idea had come out of so say, for example, Crago on the typ channel on Facebook decides to go away on an extended holiday. You could effectively use this to post for you while you're on a break, and I think part of the idea. And then someone thought, ky, but what if someone dies, it could keep posting for them, and soily and you know that if you can, if you could put all of your collected works into an AI, it would really be able to mimic your voice. So in a lot while it could effectively and who knows down the track podcasting it could you know, it could just be Tiff and I and an AI.
Speaker 2: Well, very well could be.
Speaker 1: I mean the quality of the kind of AI podcasts that are using, you know, celebrities voices a part some times from the cadence or the timing. But it's pretty indistinguishable. I mean it is, but it's getting very close to being you wouldn't know. So I also see that some artists and writers, and I thought this would be the case, quite hesitant to disclose when they're using AI or collaborating with AI. What do you think the reason is for that? Just embarrassment or fear of losing legitimacy or legitimacy.
Speaker 3: There's a perception out there if you're an artist and you say, oh, yeah, by the way, I used AI to help get some themes for my new book, then the authenticity and the sense of creativity is diluted.
Speaker 2: I think yes.
Speaker 3: But interestingly, there was a little bit of a research study, and what they did was they took two and a half thousand creative professionals and across four continents, and this is a study done in twenty twenty four, and they found that eighty five percent of them we're using AI in work. Now, if you use AI to help you get organized in the day, you help manage your emails, and then you jump into the creative process. Even then, the fact that AI is helping you was still a bit of a stigma for most people. That the perception was that you were almost like you're cheating by using AI. I mean, I think I use it for concept work sometimes if I'm stuck on an idea and then I think, well, yeah, maybe I'll just jump into AI. Sometimes it's awful, it's terrible. Other times you think, oh, yeah, that's not a bad idea. I think that at the end of the day, it's just like any tool. I'm sure you know people were saying this when computers came out, and you know the fact that we were using these devices or adding machines, you know, calculators rather than an advocate. Yeah, and I think it's just about global acceptance that, you know, as it gets more and more integrated. I know that when I take a photograph and I send peopleographs, now I have an option to press a button and it's nano banana on my phone and wow, lick the nano banana button. I can change that photo. Before I send it. So I was sitting talking to some friends. We were in a walking group. We go walking together every Thursday morning. We've been doing it for about fifteen or sixteen years, and then we have a coffee afterwards. And I was explaining this to a friend of mine. She was talking about using AI and so I took a photo of the group of people sitting at the table, and I just in the prompt, I said, turn this into a Christmas scene. Suddenly there was a Christmas tree in the background, ballbles and decorations on the table, and you know, the same people were there. One person was a little Christmas hat and it did literally changed the you know what was there. But it makes me wonder too. The reality was so clear, it looked so real. I almost turned it around to the other people and said, hey, remember this is funny. We were sitting in the same positions this time last year in December, you know, just to see if I could fool anybody, because not everybody was listening to the conversation. There were people in their own conversation, you know, when you sit around with a group of people. But the reality, well, the reality is there is no reality. You know, are we being deceived. Well, yeah, maybe we are. And credibility, where does that work? I mean, you use AI all the time.
Speaker 2: Craigo, I use it for different things.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting you say this because, like all of the stuff that I write on Instagram, if you don't follow me on Instagram, folks, that's fine. But if you want to just quig Anthony Harper. But like, I'll put up some things like I'm just looking at one post right now.
Speaker 2: I wanted to read you this for a reason. It just says it's handwritten on a whiteboard by me, one hundred percent original. It's not brilliant.
Speaker 1: But of course life's a shit show and then it's awesome, and then you're sad and then happy, and then it's lunchtime. Your challenge is not to create a perfect life, but rather to thrive in the inevitable imperfection of it all. Now, I've posted that post probably fifteen times over the last few years, and the worst it ever gets is a million views. One time it got two and a half million views. Right, so I thought, I'm going to take that. I took that and a few other higher rating ones, and I wrote, so these are posts that I put on Instagram on hundred percent original, written with my hand on a whiteboard, taken a photo of tied it up a bit, you know, made a bit clearer and cleaner.
Speaker 2: I want you to come up with a post.
Speaker 1: Similar to this or similar to these, written in my style, a bit of swearing, whatever, but original. They were fucking terrible, like terrible, like not like, oh my god, you couldn't you know. But if you want to go, hey, tell me a funny story about how the pyramids were built, well, it can crush that, right, Or you want to give me your thoughts on like yesterday. I'll talk for a minute or two and then I'll shut up. But this is very relevant to you.
Speaker 2: Have you opened the door at all on AI agents like agentic ai?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little bit. It just looks into.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I just want to read this because this blew me away. So agentic AI refers to artificial intelligence systems that don't just respond to prompts. They take initiative, set goals, make decisions, and act autonomously to achieve an objective. In simple terms, traditional AI answers questions, agentic AI pursues outcomes. And this is happening now. The core idea. Most current AI tools, including chat assistance, are reactive. You asked the answer, agentic ai is goal oriented and self directed.
Speaker 2: You give it an outcome that you want.
Speaker 1: It figures out the steps, it executes them, and it adapts if and when needed. Key features of agentic ai goal rn entered works to find towards defined objectives. Autonomous decision making chooses actions without human input, planning ability breaks large goals in small blah uh. I'm like, this is just a person. This is a person. And I was listening to a guy yesterday who's the boss of Uber. His name is Dara Koshwahari or something. But anyway, when he took over Uber, they were losing three billion a year in twenty seventeen. They are now making ten billion a year. And he's they're implementing all of these kind of you know, these AI kind of agents to take positions and they're employing other people. They're still one of the biggest employers in the world, but it's the shit that's happening. It's almost like you can't keep up. And yeah, because Melissa started telling me about she wants to build this team of agents, and I'm like, haka, are you going to sack Tiff?
Speaker 2: And I what's going on?
Speaker 3: So there's a really lovely sense of authenticity to you writing your posts on a whiteboard and taking a photo and putting it up there. Last year I did a little, a little kind of project that I started for myself, and I had a whiteboard marker in my bathroom and on the mirror. Every night before I went to bed, after I brushed my teeth, i'd write a high coup. So that's a Japanese poem. It's a five seven five syllable so one line of five syllables, one line of seven, one line of five. And it was really interesting pushing yourself to be creative. You know, at the end of the day, I'm always a bit tired, but I really set myself a goal to write a highkup every single day, and it was such a fun challenge. And I started taking photos of them, which was kind of fun. You know, I'd have to go back and look for them, and I don't think they were earth shattering, and I don't think I'm going to publish a book of haiku. But there was a study recently a psychologists now saying that people who write shopping lists. Physically writing a shopping list rather than typing it into your phone. Instead of that, they're actually using a cognitive processing and that actually strengthens your memory. It's also intention and presence, and that doesn't happen when you type it into a phone. So physically writing, forming the words helps with the intention and the intent and memorizing what it is on that list. So I thought that's interesting and the fact that doing that, And I know we've laughed at me many times about the fact that I like to use a fountain pen. But I love writing still and I adore writing, and I still like using technology. But it's interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I think it is.
Speaker 1: Like there's a lot of mellow drama at the moment around around apps and around the use of AI, and around the use of social media broadly, but I think that every individual needs to be I have this chat with Gillespie and tiff about, you know, just like, really, what is happening with these brains that are getting hijacked by this medium? And so literally you it takes your attention. You're not choosing what to focus on, it's choosing for you. And so now you are just a passenger. You're not driving the bus like it has your attention, not the other way around. So it's like I thought about it, and definitely I've got an issue, definitely, and I have to change it because it's my brain is my most important tool and if anything that's going to kind of impact my ability to think clearly, focus, create resolved problems, you know, like use my brain well and keep my brain healthy. To me, it's almost like I'm doing all this training then coming home and eating doughnuts and pizza. That's the that's the analogy for me, Like I do all of this work with my brain and then I just fucking unplugged my brain and let this thing hijack my prefrontal cortex. So I'm off line and it's online and it's I fucking hate it.
Speaker 2: I've got to stop it.
Speaker 3: I got a really interesting email during the week from one of our listeners. Dale is his name Dale Patterson, and it was a blog article that he sent through to me about AI slop. And it's a guy by the name of Gwinder whose handle is Gerwinder, and it's a blog called The Prism. And what he did was he took a whole lot of phrases, and he just kind of paraphrased each of the key terms. So one of them was the one percent rule. So in online communities, one percent of users produce almost all of the content. Yeah, the ninety nine consumers, the one person generating a content. And then he talked about slopaganda. More online articles are now written by AI than humans, so if you look at an article, there's a good chance that it's going to be an AI written article, not a human one. Moloch'spargan. This is when large learning models so AIS compete for votes on social media, so they push lies and rage bait to actually win. So it's not about it's trying to get that engagement and to get the most posts possible or the most likes possible, So that doesn't matter. There's no filter to say this is actually really crap. It's just about getting that algorithm right. But this is the one that made me think of what you were just talking about before and switching off. I love the paradox of boredom. We walk around with the most powerful supercomputers that you can imagine in our pocket, and the reality of that means the second that you get bored, and I do this all the time. I swipe, I jump on, I look at it, and for me it's reading articles or whatever it happens to be looking at YouTube reels. But the reality of it is, we don't get bored anymore because we've always got something there to keep us entertained. And boredom is what fuels creativity, not having technology. So because our brains are constantly looking for that excitement, it's there all the time. But if we take that away, if we say to ourselves, Okay, I'm going to go cold turkey on this, I'm going to go Could you imagine going away for a weekend and not taking your phone? Yeah, I've beach or going like or a walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that, if I'm being honest, would that scare me a little bit? It would, which is probably why the fuck I should do it. I think we bullshit ourselves. I think most people that I know, I don't think you're one. I'm not Tiff would have to decide for myself, but most people that I know, including me, actually have a little bit of a problem. I'm not saying it's life destroying, but I'm like, I definitely have something that I need to put on my big boy pants and go, Yeah, I waste time and I do the thing that I tell people not to do, and I don't even I kind of choose it.
Speaker 2: But you know, the story is always I'm just going to see what's happening with this, And then forty minutes later, I'm like, I don't even know what started me. But here I am forty minutes later, and I've just wasted forty minutes of energy and fucking time productivity. You know.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what I should bring up this next topic because I know that you're going to ridicule me. And I was watching a documentary recently on a new term in the community online called gooning. Do you know what gooning is? Do either of you know what gooning is?
Speaker 2: I do not carry on.
Speaker 3: I feel like the person, why why do you do.
Speaker 1: This if you know it's going to not produce a good response. What's your agenda? What's your reason?
Speaker 3: I have no agenda. I'm trying to educate the masses to masses.
Speaker 2: Can look at you, Jesus, trying to educate the masses.
Speaker 3: Two masses debating? No, okay, because okay, so gooning is a term that's used to prolong the sexual build up.
Speaker 1: Wow, right, so well there's only one of us, well one two of us on this goal.
Speaker 3: For whom that is relevant, well yeah, anyway, it could be one.
Speaker 1: But I did the same thing with food. I just walk around it for half an hour and think about it.
Speaker 3: But the frightening thing about this documentary that I saw is that people can engage in this by just looking at pornography. They have multiple screens, projectors, and all they do is they spend a whole lot of time. We're talking hours, eight hours, nine hours, ten hours just looking at pornography. And there's a whole online communities that are now dedicated to this. So once upon a time, it was kind of embarrassing, Oh well you know, I kind of that person did whatever. But now it's become a whole thing. But talk about throwing your life away. I mean I couldn't imagine spending a whole day like yeah anyway.
Speaker 1: But I find that sad because that one hundred percent nobody's doing that who's not an addict. Yeah, nobody's doing that for any logical, healthy reason. Yeah, I mean all of those people are addicted. Could be anything else. But it's like, yeah, I don't know that's stuff.
Speaker 2: It's like yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Then well, artificial intimacy. And I'm kind of jumping off that topic. But on that same list that I was talking about the blog, you know, I had a young guy who was sharing a long story anyway, lived me be for three years, got kicked out of home. He and his girlfriend were sitting on the couch once and they were they were comparing how many friends they had on their Facebook, on their facebooks, and I thought, they're not your friends. You know, this artificial intimacy. You know, no one on your Facebook list, if you've got a thousand Facebook friends, No, they're not your friends.
Speaker 2: But do you know what is interesting? One, you're correct.
Speaker 1: Two from a psychological, sociological, and experiential.
Speaker 2: Perspective, this is what I think.
Speaker 1: Let's say somebody's got an AI friend and the net result of their AI friend is positive. I'm not saying that's always a case, of course it isn't. But somebody who lives in rural wherever they live ten miles from the next house, they're a bit disconnected. Maybe they've got a few personal challenges, but every day they get up and they talk to this friend and for them they feel better, they feel you know, and obviously it's not a real human and obviously the emotions.
Speaker 2: The other way anyway are not real. But for the.
Speaker 1: Person, those emotions and feelings might be real, which means the net result the experience is good, which is not saying I think everyone should be doing that. But I think this area of the impact of relationships with different forms of technology, I think that's going to become more and more of a thing because I think.
Speaker 2: People are going to more and more people are.
Speaker 1: Going to have, for want of a more accurate term, relationships with virtual entities.
Speaker 3: I want one. I can't wait. I cannot wait, And I think we talked about it on the last podcast. I want an AI assistant. You know in the Iron Man film's table that's different.
Speaker 1: An II assistant is not an emotional relationship.
Speaker 2: But if we're talking about intimacy, but.
Speaker 3: No, I'm thinking, like in your case, you've got Melissa, I'm thinking that where you've got someone you can talk to, you can kind of say, well, what's happening today, what's up? You know, have a full on confirmation. I know what you're saying. But I think that eventually the more you rely on that. I mean in the I'm talking about a movie here, but we all felt kind of, you know, warm about Javis, the AI that Tony Stark uses. I thought, I want him to be my friend too. So I think, even though we know it's an AI, even though we know it's a chat bot or whatever, that it would be impossible not to form some sort of connection, some sort of fondness for that entity that is with you every day if you wake up chatting and what am I doing today? How can I better do this? Because we start to rely on it, and that crutch that we start to use, it can be beneficial. It'll be fantastic. Don't forget to do this. Don't forget to do that. You know, you know we've got this coming up. I think that we would eventually form a relationship of sorts with whatever AI chat what we're using.
Speaker 1: And put up your hand. If you've ever been in an unhealthy human relationship, everyone in the fucking world, you know, yes, Tip's ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Come thinking about the impact, the long term impact of just another area in our life where we are essentially avoiding discomfort because I think about the conversations I've had on friendships and relationships where rupture and repair is what creates depth and intimacy. And yet then somebody chooses this AI version of friendship which gives them all the feel goods.
Speaker 4: But it's another area that.
Speaker 5: We always having every other area of life where we don't have to get uncomfortable, and in future then we avoid it more and more, and what little connection we already had with real people will have less of because it's too hard. I'm not willing to get uncomfortable. I'm not willing to express needs or show up for the other person because in this relationship with AI, it's all about me.
Speaker 3: It's one sided. Yeah, that's so interesting, Tip, I actually really like that point. I've often talked. You know, I've got really close friends that have very differing political views, I mean extremist political views. You know, they think veganism is a wank. They like Donald Rump, you know they Yeah, it's quite funny, and and but I like them a lot. They're the lovely people. They're great friends. And if I had an AI chatbot, it would just agree with everything that I said. I love what you just said, Tip, It's so true, and I love the challenges. I love the diversity of people in my life. I like people to argue with me, tell me I'm wrong, you know, nag me for leaving my wallet in the car. But the reality of it is here, who wants a whole lot of yes men around you just kind of they're telling you that you're great all the time.
Speaker 5: How good is it when you've got a friend and they're having a hard time and you get to show up for them?
Speaker 4: Well I was not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, you make valid points. I think.
Speaker 1: I hear what you're both saying. I think it's a little bit situation and context dependent, you know. I think a lot of people don't have anyone that gives a fuck about them, like really really really loves them and really cares. And there are a lot of people who are deeply, deeply sad and disconnected and alone. And I don't for any minute think that AI is the answer to that, just like I don't think one person is the answer.
Speaker 2: For any do you know what I mean? I think the answer is us trying to figure out ourselves and to understand our.
Speaker 1: Own mind and our own emotions and our own behaviors and our own subjective experience of life and to work through that. But I think it's like it's for some people it's going to be a positive addition to their life, and for some people it's going to lead to some unhealthy, toxic, devastating, bloody relationship or shudo relationship. But just like you know, you've got someone in your life now, and from the outside looking into it, if it seems to me overwhelmingly positive, you know, but then you've also had other humans in your life where that was the opposite, and the same with me, It's like, I don't think because you know, we build this connection, rapport and trust and love, which is great, but as we know, that doesn't all ways work out over the long term. So but you're right in that, you know, being able to have hard relationships and to be reflective and to be able to kind of figure out what's going on with me really and what's going on with me in relation to other people. But I think nonetheless that moving forward, there will be you know, in a decade, the prevalence of these kinds of relationships I think is going to be high high.
Speaker 2: Patrick.
Speaker 1: Let's digress a little bit, because I saw this on Telly or somewhere I saw this about this dude who was trying to hack his robot. He's a programmer, and he hacked his bloody vacuum he's robot vacuum because he wanted to use it with his game console. And he ended up hacking six seven hundred vacuums around America and he could see into all these like he could literally had video into all of these homes in real time of.
Speaker 2: What people were doing. That's wasn't it. Yeah, that's fucking terrifying.
Speaker 3: So Dji is the company that makes the amazing drones that are very popular around the world. I think I've exclusively had Dji drones. I still fly them. But they released the Dji Romo robot vacuum cleaner recently. And so this guy who was a bit of a security expert and decided he wanted to use his joystick controlleries and you know, his game control I think was the Xbox controller or to control the vacuum. Thought would be a bit fun, and then realized getting into the base code that because they talked back to the bay station and they learn because the idea of these robot vacuums is they look at the world around them. They map the area and then they use that to be able to effectively clean better. But yeah, this is amazing. So he didn't need a security pin or anything because he already had an account. He was able to log in and get access to other vacuum cleaners. And the scary thing is that they have light sensors that can sense the objects around them. They make maps of the house, and they also have cameras. It's a frightening thought that someone could then literally use your own device against you, to spy on you, to map out your house, to look at what you've got.
Speaker 2: And it's crazy, as I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong, but yet one that is fucking terrifying.
Speaker 1: But the dude who did that obviously did it accidentally. Then he went to whoever he needed to go to and went, hey, guess what, I did this accidentally and kind of put up his hands so that he wouldn't be charged with any kind of I'm sure that's that's a crime if he was doing it intentionally. But so yeah, I think he just demonstrated to them that their system or their.
Speaker 2: Tech was relatively hackable and flawed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are a lot of white they call them white hat hackers out there that actually support the industry. They look for vulnerabilities. Google has a competition that it runs to try to get people to find vulnerabilities in its systems, and then it gives them, it rewards them. So yeah, there are a lot of really good programmers out there who were altruistic and in some cases get rewarded for that. But I thought this was interesting. And the other thing as well. I didn't realize that robot vacuum cleaners have microphones in them as well, the ultimate spy device in the way.
Speaker 2: Why would they need that.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm not sure. Yeah, I don't know. Maybe you can talk to them, Crago. It's like, hey, little fella came over here. It's pretty lowly at my joint.
Speaker 2: So they're launching a timber, yeah, wooden satellite that surely that seems inconsistent with going into space like shit burning up.
Speaker 3: No, No, quite the opposite. In fact, it's and shit burning up is exactly right, So you're kind of right and wrong. There was a bit of work done on the International Space Station, and I think we chatted about this maybe two years ago, where they were testing different sorts of wood to see what their resilience was like in space. Space debris and the chemicals that are released into the atmosphere when a lot of satellites burn up in the atmosphere, Aluminium, that sort of stuff are actually quite toxic chemicals. And so a Japanese company has been doing a lot of research into the concept of encasing the satellite in wood, and it looks like that the Ligno SAT is the first wooden satellite that's going to be sent into space. And the reason that it's going to be great is because when it eventually expires, it's used by date. When it burns up in the atmosphere, it's just wood, and it's not going to release I mean, it's still going to have obviously electronics inside it, you know, they're not carving up transistors like hand camping transistors. But the bulk of the satellite, the exterior part, and it's quite durable. The interesting thing that came out of this research on the International Space Station is when you take wood into space, there's no back to and there's no moisture the things that normally will cause wood to rot, so all the you know, and so when you think about it. It's the perfect material to go out into space because it's it's going to be fairly resilient. And that's what came up during this research study. And now the practical example is it looks like they're going to fire off this, not fire off, they're going to put it on board a launch saddle, a launch rocket, and wooden satellites would be great.
Speaker 2: Based on your no bacteria and no, what was the other thing you said, like.
Speaker 3: Because it's fro it's cold, So there's so the water won't be rotting because bacteria is in water.
Speaker 1: I guess No, No, you said in no space, in space, there's like what causes the wood to write normally he's not up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, so bacteria and water.
Speaker 1: So I'm wondering if old mate was in space at the space station and someone died and you just pushed him out the door, would he just be held in state perpetually kind of.
Speaker 2: In space embarment and then you could.
Speaker 1: Go grab him a couple of decades later, when we figured out how to kind of restart the bit.
Speaker 2: That broke and just pull him back on board, and he's like, fuck, that was a good sleep. Yeah, you've been sleeping for twenty five years, bro.
Speaker 3: The Ultimate Crygenics. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: Hey, one battery swap, we're talking about cars. I don't even know how would you do that? I must be done by a machine. A battery slap. I'll swap. Obviously, we're talking about EV's in less than zero point five seconds. Neo sets new record for four consecutive days. So that is battery life in evs and the technology around that is changing pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: So yeah, there's two aspects to that. So obviously, the duration it takes to charge a battery has been a bit of a pushback in the market because people do want to wait all that time. So in China, Neo has they do it. I think they've up over one hundred and seventy five thousand battery swaps since they were set up, and that's an amazing amount. So they basically have a concept whereby if you buy this car, there are all these service stations that are around China that you can go to where you do a swap and go so you don't charge the battery. They have a stock supply of ready charged batteries and they swap and go and the swap stations are now getting more batteries, they're getting faster the technology because it used to take a while. It used to take five minutes, four to five minutes for the battery to be taken out and then swapped, but now it's a lot more efficient. They've got a lot better with it. And I know we spoke about this with the motorcycle manufacturers, the top I think top three motorcycle manufacturers, but they just electric cycles haven't taken on very much. The e bikes have and they're ridiculously fast, and legislations trying to catch up with that. The latest on that is that I know I'm digressing, but the latest on the e bikes thing is that they want to actually classify them as motorbikes and make people will have bikes bike licenses to be.
Speaker 1: Able to well, they are essentially a lot of them. But I think the thing that non motorbike people don't really get about motorbikes, and Tip can speak to this is who the fuck wants to ride something that's silent, Like for me, it's about it's about the visceral, the vibration, it's about the noise, it's about the throttle response, it's about like and also one of the reasons people love evs is because they're much faster than fuel cars or internal combustion engines, right, but that's not the case with motorbikes. Like my motorbikes are faster than you need. So yeah, but nonetheless, I think they will take off, and they are building, but I think it's going to be a slower uptake because most motorcyclists ride them because they love motorbikes, whereas a lot of people drive because they've got to get from A to B.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point. I was fascinated to see that earlier this month, that company Neo with the swapover batteries. They did the one hundred millionth battery swap, one hundred million battery swap. That's crazy, so is it?
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know. But so, like you go to a servo, you put in your patrol, you pay your eighty bucks or whatever you pay. So with this you go and you get your battery slap swapped over, and there's a set like obviously that's not for zero, so they must have to go and pay a set and fee every time that happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I'm I'm not entirely sure how that how it works, what the charge would be. Yeah, but for the convenience, that'd be awesome, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tip, Would you drive an EV as in a car? Have you thought about I mean your cars?
Speaker 2: It's not that at all, but it's what is your car four or five years.
Speaker 5: One's at twenty eighteen, so.
Speaker 2: That's eighty ish years old. Would you X car? What are the what are the percentage chances of your next car being an EV?
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not that far.
Speaker 5: I'm not a real car person, so I don't like the driving experience. I just find them. They when they take off in front of me or I hear them, they still freak me out. I find them weird, especially EV buses, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Buses are there, there's not that churning polluted diesel smell. You know, if you're sitting behind on a bike, that'd be awesome sitting behind an electric.
Speaker 2: Very valid, very valid point, Patrick.
Speaker 1: I have nearly died of carbon fucking monoxide poisoning a thousand times, sitting behind fucking buses and trucks that are just spewing out toxic shit into my face, that's not the attractive part of it, be on the open road, the fresh air.
Speaker 3: The interesting point to that is that I think with the EV market, my wish for that would be totally aonymous EV. So I'm not talking about going for the weekend drive. I'm thinking the commute because you put if you put AI in charge of EV on the road during the commute during the peak hour, I guarantee you peak hour won't be as bad as what it is now, take the huge kind of human error out of it, and that's where I see it would be really good for the daily commute. So people could be working in their cars listening to an audiobook not having to worry about that, no accidents on the roads, or less accidents on the road. So I think that's where the combination of EV and a AI together would be great. But when I had my car windows smashed last week, I got a courtesy car through my insurance company, and it was the Toyota Corolla Hybrid. And I've got to tell you four point eight liters per one hundred kilometers, so it ran off the smell of an oily rag. But because it's a pretty the Toyota have been doing hybrids for a long time. There is a battery button where if you stay below forty kilometers an hour, I could drive to the supermarket Nana style and not use any petrol at all. And that was playing with battery a lot when I was driving the car sticking under forty.
Speaker 1: Well, they were pioneers with the press, which was I don't know, thirty five years ago, and that was one hundred percent ev back then, and we're all like, that's fucking that's never going to take off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I was going to say to you, it's something on the tip of my tongue. Oh, that's right.
Speaker 1: That guy Dara from Uber they were talking about.
Speaker 2: This was on Diary of a CEO, Stephen Bartlett.
Speaker 1: They were talking about the reality that autonomous vehicles avs are going to overtake or going to play a very big role in the Uber space and the.
Speaker 2: Like moving forward.
Speaker 1: And he said, like, they're talking about what are the potential hurdles with people getting in a car with no driver, and it's all really psychological and emotional, and I would have to look at the research, but what he said is that it's about ten times safer. So autonomous vehicles are about ten times safer than humans driven by vehicles, and they've got lots and lots and lots of data. It's just that the idea still freaks people out. So I would gladly get in an autonomous vehicle. I would gladly.
Speaker 2: I could think of nothing better than just sitting back, just doing whatever, or having a snooze. You love driving, though, don't you.
Speaker 3: I enjoy driving, and I've got to tell you, I was devastated when the car got broken into because I love my cart cause I'd never had a new car before. It always bought secondhand cars, and the previous car I had was probably one of the ugliest cars on the market during my reno. Sce Nick McGahan, I know.
Speaker 2: You've had a couple of ugly cars. That fucking this and that Burgundy and that was an ugly motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're in my mother Jesus, Like I said, I said, motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Let's be clear.
Speaker 3: That's a good looking car. Then, Nissan NXR Coop is a bloody good looking car. I got to tell you anyway, aside from the insights, because it even had a target roof. You could take the roof section trick. Can we stop talking about your car? I think we spoke about it five times this podcast. Could you get onto some tech news? Okay, my latest app session? Can I tell you about my latest app?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for God's sake, just don't talk about you fucking broken window again.
Speaker 3: I never used it in my car. Okay, you're not a law to use your apps on your phone. So I found I discovered this app recently called yucker y U k A. And what it is. It's a free app, doesn't have ads, but you do have a subscription tire. But you can go to the souper market and scan the barcode of all the products in the supermarket and it tells you whether it's good, and it gives you a breakdown and it says, okay, this is good for this reason, this reason, this reason, but it's bad for that reason. It might have too many two caloric so it might have too many calories, or it might have preservatives in it that are known to be harmful. It has changed the way I shop for stuff. You know, I use coconut cream in a lot of my pasta sources because I don't use real crane. But there were nine different creams and coconut milks, and only one of them rated good. The rest of them were rated bad. So the app's fantastic. And the other thing that I can do is I can you can set filters, So if you say, for example, were gluten intolerant, you could set a gluten intolerant feature, and then when you scan stuff, without having to read the barcode or read the contents, it'll instantly tell you whether it's safe for you to have, or if you've got a nut allergy, or in my case, I set it for VA because I can't read bloody labels anymore. I need a magnifying glass, or I take a photo of the label and zoom in because it takes forever to work out what all those numbers mean and whether they contain an animal product or if it's nuts or whatever. So it's yeah, it's my absolute obsession. And the more I tell people about it, the more people say, oh, yeah, I got it as well. It sounds it's got minivative.
Speaker 2: What's the problem with that? Do you think? What's the potential problem with that app? Because I think you and I might be thinking the same thing.
Speaker 5: I just opened Chatters, and when is the yaka app good and what's its philosophy?
Speaker 4: With what is good?
Speaker 5: In?
Speaker 4: So I think you have to understand what.
Speaker 5: You know about food and additives and like a lot of the stuff David Gillespie talks about about seed oils and everything, and yeah, what's its philosophy and what's it calling?
Speaker 4: It was like the star rating on foods?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and did you think Also, sorry, Patrick, I think you just and I'm not saying it's bad.
Speaker 1: It could be fucking amazing. So there's no judgment curiosity. But like, for example, we have had too many talks with David Gillespie about seed oils, but there is some astounding science to support what he says. He never makes a claim and doesn't back it up with proper research. And then last night on the news on Channel seven, they're like, ah, all the noise about seed oils, it's not true.
Speaker 2: They're all good. You know.
Speaker 1: It's like they were just saying the exact opposite, but nobody was referencing anything. Like the thing was, Nah, it's not true. I'm a dietitian. It's good. Therefore you should believe me because I'm no fuck that that's cool. You might be true, you might be right, but give me some science, give me some research, show me evidence that what you're saying is true, because these things have been happening for millennia, where we think something and then we find out later like so many drugs like solidamide that was given to pregnant women for this and that that caused all these deformities. Well, at one stage this was the right thing. You should have it, and it was devastatedly terrible on women, right, but at one stage that was good science. So I think we're so gullible that we just go. My question would be with you, yaka as you call it, like who science are you using? Like what are the criteria that you are saying this is good or bad? And how do we know that you are right and the other people who say other things are wrong. That's and by the way, everyone, I have no opinion on it. It could be bloody brilliant because I haven't even seen it.
Speaker 2: But that's just what.
Speaker 1: Even when I talk about science, or even when I talk about potential behavior or choices around health and wellness, I go, this is what I think. I don't go, you should all do this because I've read a paper or I've trained lots of people or yeah, I just think that I think the concept is a good idea, but I would just like to dig in.
Speaker 2: And go, what's the science behind it?
Speaker 1: And I know that sounds fucking worrying and I'm raining on your parade, but I just think, Eh, you know, it's like the Health Star rating system. Gillespie just wrote an article on that. It's fucking incredible. So you get something like a with the current Health Star rating system, you can have a cereal that's full of process shit and sugar.
Speaker 2: Gets four and a half stars. In fact, he had a photo of one. And then he had a free range organic and I know you're not going to want this, Patrick, but steak, so it had the only ingredient was beef. It got zero point five stars compared to process sugary. Fucking Now, it's like, this is fucking ridiculous and it's based on all of these absolutely flawed criteria. But the one before that, which was the there's another star rating system.
Speaker 1: The way that people got the stars for their product was they bought them. There was no actual analysis, like, there was no nutrition, there was no science behind this rating.
Speaker 2: It was like, ah, we have this, we want to get your endorsement and they're like, wow, it's thirty grand for that. Cool, here's the thirty or whatever. You know, Like, it's just this stuff is don't believe everything that you hear or see. It's like you've got to learn a bit. Yes, tip, you've got your fingers twitching. I can tell, well, just was reading.
Speaker 5: Like one of the points that Chatters makes is that it judges foods in isolation. For example, olive oil loses points for calories, cheese looks worse than diet yogurt and honey may not even get a score.
Speaker 4: And then, yeah, we're relying on.
Speaker 5: Being told what to eat, not how to think about the food we eat.
Speaker 2: I think the problem is that calories have been demonized. It's like, well, dude, you fucking need calories every day. It's calories aren't good or bad. It's how many you have based on how many you expend. But there are some things, certain chemicals and certain flavoroids and fucking preservatives that unequivocally bad. So no amount is good. Sorry, Patrick, And.
Speaker 3: It's been really good at educating myself to ultra processed stuff, high sodium, that sort of thing. But I think the other thing is the filtering for vegan because I can't read the labels as well as I used to be able to, so being able to quickly do that and walk past. But you know, what I found was interesting too, is that sometimes the cheapest stuff on the market in terms of the amount of additives, because really, shelf life is one of these things that producers want to be able to have a product that stays on the shelf as long as possible. You know, if you open up wraps, or you know, if you buy raps at the supermarket, the majority of them have a life shelf life of like six months. I don't know any bread product that should last six months. And even when you open it, it can sit in the fridge for two weeks and you think hasn't ever got any mold on it. You know that you've got to ask the questions. You know, those things actually safe. I'm making my own made wraps now, I'm pretty happy with myself. So I'm just making it from oat flour and lind seed that I mill myself, and I've just.
Speaker 2: Think that's a wise decision.
Speaker 1: Also, I just wanted to jump back to what you were talking about the nutritional labels, right you can't read them.
Speaker 2: And the reason you can't read them is because it's fucking size four fonts on the back of the box down the bottom left or right hand corner, because they don't want it to get any attention. What was in that box was good news for them, it'd be all over the front in big letters. So the front is an ad. It's not information.
Speaker 1: The shit in that box that they don't want you to read, and the ingredients list that they don't want you to read, with all those preservatives, additives numbers, that's what you fuck. The front of the box. It's an ad. It's a trick, it's a fucking it's a delusion. Like go to the back and actually try to understand what you're putting in your gob We've got to go give us one more before we go cham your choice.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited. Next week we've got a lunar eclipse and it made me think about the new Artemis mission. So the Artemis two mission is the astronauts. They're going to be heading off soon this year. In fact, it's only a short time away, and the people in the Artomis spacecraft. We're going to go back to the Moon they're not landing on the Moon, but they're going to go around the Moon and run all these studies. But because of the placement of the Moon, they're going to be the furthest away from Earth than any other human being in his wyow So cool.
Speaker 1: Huh, you would love to go to space when that's like that'd be you'd probably chop off a knacker for that onenn't you?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I think last month last episode, I talked about a company that's sending ashes into space. I want to get my ashes sent into space. That's where I'm at. But the other thing that I found interesting about the Artemis mission is they're equipping the astronauts with ten year old DSLR cameras Nicon cameras because there was a nick On camera that came out, which is kind of fascinating. The camera is twenty sixteen camera, the D five Nikon camera, and it's got a it's more resilient to radiation and it has a much higher ISO rating, So ISO is the sensitivity to light, and it had this ridiculously good sensitivity built into it that's more than the comp than the current Nikons, which is fascinating, and it means that contrast between the darkness of space and any object they're taking photographs of. So that's what they're taking with them. Ten year old cameras are going to be flying around with human beings and going to be the furthest way that any human's ever been in history.
Speaker 1: Look at you, just bringing the bloody facts and the amusement and the entertainment. Now I heard that you had your car broken into. Ah, Patrick, of course can be. Somebody wrote in the group, I hate it when you ask Patrick where people can find you, Oh, because they don't like So now I'm now I'm scared.
Speaker 2: But oh well that's okay. I go.
Speaker 3: If anybody wants to contact me, they can just go to websites now dot com, dot a U and fill out the form and just say hi, let us know what you want us to do.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I was unaware. Thank you for bringing that up.
Speaker 3: Tif did you know that I know? And also Tichi at home, dot com, DoD au. I have all these free exercises and you can meet Fritz my the Wonder dog, and we can do tichee together.
Speaker 1: Well yes, and also everyone, he doesn't get paid, so give him a break.
Speaker 2: He's allowed to promote we give him fuck all. You know, he's only got he's got a devalued car.
Speaker 1: Now he lives in fucking Upper oh. I can't say what I was going to say, but it.
Speaker 3: Would have been hilarious going to say yes exactly.
Speaker 2: But you know who would have sent us an email? Someone Tiff, thank you. Have a good Friday, both of you.
Speaker 1: We'll say goodbye fair but thanks both of you, and thanks listeners,