Speaker 1: Len Para, stay talk.
Speaker 2: Mate, thank you, thanks for having me. It's a true pleasure.
Speaker 1: He are you feeling your prep?
Speaker 2: Feeling really good? Of couse, I'd come miss this opportunity, mate, So you're ready, ready to make history and hopefully join the likes of the great Jeff Finick in the same sentence as two division champions. So yeah, just excited.
Speaker 1: You're fighting in a worldweight division. One hundred and forty seven pounds, is that right? What is that in kilos these days?
Speaker 2: Sixty six point six sixty six point sixty six point six seven kilos.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I still works in pounds because of the American system. But lim has gone up aweight division, which is not that much really. I mean it's only a couple of pounds. It's not a big deal because normally you're in the super lightweight division. Traditionally you've been super late. That was your last world.
Speaker 2: Title, correct, Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was it super lightweight, super lightweight forty pounds, Yeah, seven pounds lighter. Let's take you outside of training, what was your normally walking around it?
Speaker 2: Look now getting a bit older. Just touched thirty of them, about seventy eight seventy nine kilos, my body willn't actually get.
Speaker 1: To normally yeah normally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, them are keeping regularly fit, but not camp modes. So that was a big enough indication. You know. Yeah, I've been a one forty pounder for my whole career. I started a professional I was at eighteen years old, and it's only two fights ago. I decided to go up after I lost the title to Richardson Hitchins. There no excuses. I felt good on the night, but the last few fights away Cup was starting to get pretty brutal. And like I said, when I was naturally getting over the seventy three mark, I was saying, hang on, it's time to let the body do it sing and mature and yeah, now up at walterweight and finally filled in here.
Speaker 1: If you're walking around to seventy eight but you're fighting at sixty seven now you were talking about eleven kilos. Yeah, your prep periods like twelve are twelve forty weeks out of it? Well, this one was was a shorter one, but shorter it was a nine week camp so wow kind of yeah, but look in saying that it's not those four three to four kilos of killing myself now, you know, like one forty seven. I've got the room to sit at heavier, thank god, because I wouldn't have made one forty in nine weeks, as it would have been impossible. Let's say I had twelve weeks to make one forty, you probably could make it, but maybe you could explain the net effect on you so like, because when you go into the fight, you're like, you only weighing a day or two before. You might get a bit of rehydration back, but you've lost a lot of a lot of power and strength.
Speaker 2: And it's like I said, it's as crucial three to four kilos. That was I was getting into my muscle masses. The waterweight was gone, so I'm actually digging into my body now, which doesn't make sense. You know, twenty four hours, I'm not my weakest where I've got to perform the next day at my ability. So it was it was getting to that, you know, and twenty four hours just wasn't enough time to replenish it.
Speaker 1: Just it just wasn't. It's dangerous to very dangerous.
Speaker 2: You know, you're taking the fluid away from your brain and you're seeing boxing a lot. Unfortunately it happens a lot, and it's in the light of weights. With the under crucial weight cuts, people are taking the fluid out of your brain. That's kind of your shock of all. But you know where we're not playing marbles with cop and punches. You know it's it's going to happen. So you want to have your body and your health on tiptop because there's life after boxing. Also, you know what I mean, I want to see my kids grow up. I want to remember things.
Speaker 1: So that's interesting you should say, because some old days, old school boxes didn't really think about that. I mean, you've said, I've sent plenty of Australians who have fought on back at a lower weight division because they think there might be an advantage because maybe a bit taller, or they maybe have a bit more rich or they just feel more confident of the lower weight because they know that they're normally a bigger person. They think, well, maybe I'll be able to sort of monster this person a little bit more because this person might be naturally smaller, try to bully them. They bully them a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but look, but then you come on stuck. When it comes too much, you just don't have the time to replenish, you know, and yeah, like I feel the best now let my body do it, seem and even just I've noticed this can mostly because the first my last fight was my first fight at a full fledged weld to weight against David Papoe and we decided five weeks out, so I was still dieting to make the one forty pound and it was just it was physically too hard, and I said, dall for na. It was it was happening sooner and later or later we said, let's do it now, let's just make the make the jump up. It was lucky enough to be a title eliminator and now like having this obviously going forward a bit. All the pullouts this year, you know, I was meant to have a busy year. Last fight was September, two guys pulling out the title eliminator, then Crocker. So if anything, you've got to pick the positives out of it. And look, I've been able to grow into a full fledged weld to weight and I think people are going to be super surprised because the last fight I was saying, you're a bit small, but look I only did it in five weeks. You know, Rome wasn't built in a day, you know, what I mean, I need to let my give my body to the nutrient's the right training to grow it into a full fledged weld to weight and we've done so now.
Speaker 1: So it's a pretty pack division. War Wait, it's a it's a for me, one of the gun divisions. Like you know, like I like I like watching for theweight and but I really like well to weight. And we've got some great names there, massive names, like the biggest names.
Speaker 2: It is. It's it's the Glamor Division.
Speaker 1: It's back to it.
Speaker 2: And man Manny Packell's back boxing and look, he's a legend of one. I watched him growing up and I've talked to my coach, Alfred de Carlo a few times. If we've got that fight, he's like one hundred percent, you know, no disrespect money. He's at his times. It's our time now. But look like, yeah, you've got the Ryan Garciers, even though the Devin Haynes. It's it is honestly the Glamor Division. And that's what lies ahead. You know after June twenty four, you know, I got a I've got a big roadblock there in Lewis Crocker. He knows what lies ahead. We both know, and that's what's going to make this fight such a cracker. There's so much on the horizon for him as well, both of us. Exactly, the winner goes on. And that's boxing. It's so cutthroat, you know. The other one's going to go back to the drawing board. The other one's gonna rip the rewards of champion, big big fights, big legacy fights, and that's what that's also. But what makes it so exciting about boxing, it's so cutthroat, you know, And that's that's what I love. The competitiveness of it.
Speaker 1: It's the young man's game. It's not something you to be doing as you're old. How old he now?
Speaker 2: Then I'm thirty years old, thirty years still it's still in the territory. Definitely just hit my prime.
Speaker 1: Do you feel that way? Do you feel like you just you feel like you're strong enough and like you feel like you're at your optimal strength, physicality, understanding of the game, ring craft, you feel all those are sort of optimizing right now.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just coming into it, I really am, you know. Was Yeah, they're confidence more confidence, yea, the IQ. I've been a pro and now I've gone on ten years as a pro. So I'm in the veteran talk, you know, which is crazy, but like it's yeah, it's I'm in my prime.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm black, still good, juicy, old bloke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they can do that, but I'll still run rings around them, I guarantee.
Speaker 1: But what is it that makes you feel confident? So, like, is it how you train? Is it just watching other fighters in your division that you know, you watch them and you think, I know how to beat that bloke. I mean, what is it? What are the things that go to components that you look at. We've got the best team in the world. I always say that because I believe we do. We've conquered the world. We've we've fought all over over.
Speaker 2: The world, won titles over there, and we've been at the top level for a long time. And I've shown you know, I obviously have the one little blame ish it was a good lesson, but yeah, just I just believe in myself. I know what I have within me, you know what I mean? And people have seen it in fights, have faced with a verse and I always come out on top, you know, because I've been hit harder than the diversity in boxing, you know, with life, losing close friends and stuff like that. So look, I just I guess I've just got a knack. I've been able to channel that negativity and use it as motivation, you know, to push me forward. And yeah, it's just I just believe in everything we've got, you know, like back to my coach, Alvid de Carlo, he's got the best boxing brains in the world. And I trust my team too. That's a big thing. You know. I've been right from the start, so we've got that tight knit Yeah, just just good vibe always. It's just always confident.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Anyone that trains with us knows how hard we work. And I surprise a lot of people every time they come to the gym, and that's a big thing. I believe fitness wins fights, and yeah, we're one of the fitters, if not the fittest in the world.
Speaker 1: Because I talked a lot of fighters, as you know, and I've inviewed heaps of fighters before world titles, before they get world titles, including UFC fighters, and I pride myself and being able to do one thing. I can tell from their eyes and there's a look that you're giving me in the way you're talking and the look in your eyes that I've seen in other guys and girls who have won world titles. They're just getting a really sort of not overconfident but relaxed. But at the same time, I know what's going on. You know what's going on, you know what'sdropped for definitely, can I get back to the Liam Parow, who's I don't know how were when you first started.
Speaker 2: Boxing twelve years old up in McKay.
Speaker 1: While were you doing it? Why did you get to your side box?
Speaker 2: To be honest, it's one of my good mates, Tyson Best. He was He was a professional as well. He was in the rugby league off season. Rugby league is mad in North Queensland and I've seen him doing his wraps in the street and I was just curious, what are you doing hand wraps? And can I come along? And honestly, from that day, I've always I was a competitive kid, go back before. I was always competitive, always like that was my thing. I was always pushing limits. I just always wanted to be better. I just love that, you know, just testing myself and I found man, boxing's it. This is the ultimate test. Were you started from the Decados or no no. I started in Mquai with Mick Coles and Trent Turnbull up in Pointy Valley Boxing Club in McKay, and there's there's not much up there, but we had a good team, good boxing team back then.
Speaker 1: Did you compete or were you just training persparra Oh.
Speaker 2: I trained for about six months before my first fight, But the first day I went there, they threw me inspiring. I got the absolute pears punched out of me, and still I just loved it, you know, I was like, wow, I was it was humbling, you know, like it was yeah, just I just straight away after I went into the box and You're like, this is it. And I remember when I was thirteen years old and now up around our I'm fim up and finally up there. I was sitting on the kitchen bench and I remember saying to mom this, I only probably been boxing maybe year and a half, So I'm going to be a world champion. I'm going to be a world champion at this sport. And she believed, and she tells that story to everyone that I was so content that I was going to do it and to be able to do it back in twenty.
Speaker 1: Twenty four was just yeah, that was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all we've got is our word and to be able to be a man of mine was oh, it was unreal.
Speaker 1: But when you were thirty years of age, were you're watching fighters and just thought because I mean, how would you I was at thirty and I didn't know what a world champion was mean unless I saw it and tell you or something like that. Did you see someone fighting that inspired you?
Speaker 2: Our YouTube videos many packet you know. I used to watch Mannipak all the time. You know, you go even because I obviously be in the South favorite, so I'll just be studying these guys. See him with the belts, man, I want to do that. I want to be one of them. And that was it. You know, there was a lot of Yeah, I left a lot behind, you know. When I was fifteen and I moved up from a quite the towns Villa train with Mark Flanagan and Dennis Clancy at the Hawks Boxing Club and Upper Ross. That was the big first step. I started an apprenticeship as an auto electrician. And we come from the working class. You know, my my mom and dad they're hard workers, and I thank them for the work ethic. I've got but when I told her that I was leaving my apprenticeship to Chase boxing man, he yeah, I copped a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of what name it would be, saying you're going to make money at it?
Speaker 2: Exactly why he said you dreaming? You know, like, yeah, it was just but that that was I just believe that it was going to happen. You know, this is what I want to do so much. And now my old girl, she was, she was supported. She said, go for it, give it a crack, and a lot of people, where's your plan? B And in my head, young and just stupid, I guess at the time as there was no plan, because I'm already thinking about if it don't work, I've got this one plan. I've got to make this thing work. So yeah, I moved up there, and that was unreal. I was working the good guys doing the washing machines and stuff out the back there. I was I wasn't smart enough to work on the floors out the back, and I'm delivering washing machines with bam bam, And yeah that was it just training and just getting by, but I was loving it. And then yeah, it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: When you when you look back at some of those fis you just mentioned, for example, and many Pako been pretty sweet left handers. When you watch them, would you get back on the YouTube and examine like how they moved? For example, Packs like incredibly, he does a lot. He's going all the time, throw a thousands of punches. He probably throws more punches around than anyone I've ever seen. But his legs, he's movement, you know, he's sweeping around world. Whig was a much sweeter left handed, like he just had beautiful rhythm. Upper body yeah, more yeah, more body movement. Did you study those individuals when you're a young bloke and think to yourself, I can fit into hear? I mean because everyone no's like not many people got legs like many Packet massive, he's got a massive legs. If he didn't have legs or that he'd be fighting for the way. Huge legs but also keeps him really stable. But he moves them.
Speaker 2: So well exactly. Yeah, but did you study these I did. I used to do that and I tried inspiring and sometimes it wouldn't work and what happened And then they'll be like, well, okay, well that's not for me, but I still do it to this day, I'll be watching fighters and like even left, they're coming up, you know, I like what they do. I'll give it a go. And it's just finding different things from every different.
Speaker 1: Style that works for you.
Speaker 2: It works for you, correct, you know, And I'll try a different thing from a different fighter and vice versa, and if it works, I'll add it to my tool kid. And yeah, just I'm always doing every fights I watch, I'm looking at things and just seeing if that will work in my style or down the track.
Speaker 1: You know, we spend on our ridge around twenty six years of her lives asleep. So if you're going to spend that much time doing something, you may as well get good at it. That's what got me interested in WHOOP. It's a wearrible device that helps you understand what's actually happening with your body, especially when it comes to sleep, recovery, stress, and overall health. What I like about WOOP is that it takes all that information and it turns it into simple, personalized insights you can actually use. You start to notice how things like travel, late nights or even eating too late affect the quality of a sleep and how you feel the next day. So it's not just for athletes is for anyone who wants to feel and perform better. To learn more, here to join dot whoop dot com, forward slash mentored and get one month off your annual Whoop membership. Do you feel like you're more a typical you know, like you're just poking them out all the time, just waiting for the sweet one to hit them all? What do you're doing? I mean, without giving any strategies away? But what are you thinking to yourself? I mean, I got him, I get outside his foot. I'm just going to keep poking away at him and stay away from his right hand and moving on to my left. What are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Look it just obviously we have a game plan. We look at the style of the opponent.
Speaker 1: So don't tell us about what's coming up. He got nothing I want you to win exactly, but just generally though, like how you how are you working at it? Because like most of who listening to show don't know about how left HANDI fight's the right hand? Okay, so maybe you explain what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're well, the classic way is as a south pall. So I lead with my right foot, my right hand, my power hands at the back orthodox right handed the opposite way, and when we square up their foot, we're battling for foot control and you're going to have more control. So you're always trying to have your foot on the outside.
Speaker 1: Of his of his his leaf, so his.
Speaker 2: Left foot, which gives me it's closer for my rear hand. So as a as a southball versus orthodox vice versa, your rear hand, your straight punch is a big weapon, you know what I mean. So if I've closed the gap on the foot on the outside of his, it's a shorter distance from my left hand to hit his, and it's straight down the line where he's going to have to reach over my left hand and then also worry about the foot too, you know. So he's gonna want to try and step out. My foot's out there blocking it, so he's only kinder limited to that little line of punching, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean, And are you setting him upfinitely? But then then my sole on top it's I'm setting traps all the time on fainting. But it goes back to kind of game plans, and we see because every fighter they can say whatever they want. Everyone has their own trademark. Hond of shots will go to punches, you know. And yeah, you kind of make game plans around that with in the gym, with spirring, where we'll find spying partners closest to that style, so we can work on things in the gym that works.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's setting traps. It's not just going in there and punching on. Like when you understand boxing and follow it, you realize it's a real art. There's a lot of mental game going on the whole time. It's not just in there punching on you know. So it's you're not going toe to toe, not really. No, obviously you do here and sometimes you will but might have to. But yeah, if you can box on the outside and the artist to hit and not get it hit, you know, it's a fucking set traps and make him full for my traps and land the punches and he can't land on me. That's that's an unreal that's an excellent night in the office. You know, take his less punishment as possible, goes back to his life after boxing, you know.
Speaker 1: So, and I think what you're talking about is not getting punched in the head, correct. I mean, body will cop it, but like they can be pretty punishing, but like you don't want to get hit in the head too many times. Don't exactly right, because you are quite a defensive fighter too. You fight quite well in terms of defense. I mean you're not You're not many many Pack was attacking Jeff would be attacked. It just doesn't give a ship just attacking someone, right, like, but not many people had the probably that physical ability that Jeff had in terms of his fitness, Like, his fitness is next level. Do anyone I've ever known he would have been. I'd say he would have been the fittest boxer in history. Maybe not the most technical, but just fitness and relentless. Definitely just Pack has a bit sort of similarly, he's solely fit. He throws a million punches around.
Speaker 2: But not as not as intense as Jeff. You know, no, it was an animal in an animal like actually intense into the water, the deep water and an actually animal.
Speaker 1: But yours, yours is more strategic, your style. I mean you're trying to walk them on your left all the time. Sure, yeah, setting traps and counter punch you you know, yeah, maybe if could explain that, you know, the counter punching process. I mean, because You've got to be able to punch on your as you're stepping.
Speaker 2: Back, so that we are more of a backfoot fight or the defensive in a way. I can push forward, but I'm comfortable there. I'm comfortable, for example, with faints. So I'm going to faint to get you to try to take a shot or whatever. And in that even if you don't shoot, I can see, even if you're kind of flinching back, I can see what you're wanting to throw, you know what I mean. And that's all just body presence, and it is a kind of a slower pace, but yeah, it just sets up openings for them. Then that one punch power. You know, they just had one punch to end it, you know what I mean. So I don't I'm not here busy setting it up. I'm setting up with foot control, with faints, with distance, and yeah, just making you frustrating your if you feel like you're behind, make you reach, and then I'll teach with a shot.
Speaker 1: So and what about in terms of body shots, So like I don't sort of you're more you're sending me the top.
Speaker 2: It's more straight punches. I'm more comfortab obviously on the back on the on the outside boxing. That's that's just the way it is, you know what I mean. And people have even tried to press and close the gaps. You've seen with Subero Matias, one of the best pressure fighters at the time when I beat him for the title, I just had footwork and straight punches or box on the outside and not let him close the gap, which is yeah, it's this piece of string is what we call it. You know what I mean, where Alphie calls it is just keep that distance the whole time with your feet and with your feet and body exactly. Yeah, it's mainly footwork though, you know what I mean, it's not letting them close the gap, because if you're a better inside fighter than me, why would I want to let you give I'll give you opportunity of what exactly right, If I can box your ears off from the outside and not cop as much punishment, of course I'm going to do that. And where does fitness come into it for you? Fitness is still definitely right up there. I still believe fitness is the main, the main key factor. And we're about legs, I mean, because like boxes tend to a lot. Yeah, and most of we don't even know why, because it's not like you're running. You're not like running a marathon or something. You're in the ring for three minute rounds, twelve rounds three minutes, so like it's not a marathon.
Speaker 1: But why is it. You guys tend to run a lot to.
Speaker 2: Keep your legs strong, you know, because we're moving around, we're cutting so many different angles, and you want fresh legs for that reason for me is my legs slow down. They're going to slow They're going to close the gap in you know what I mean, They're going to be able to get into a range that they're comfortable and I look, I'm comfortable there, but not as comfy has been able to box areas or from the outside. So yeah, it's just you need like moleg's are my biggest, my key factor. You know, I'll do a lot of running, a lot of leg work and stuff like that, because yeah, the minute they slow down, it's just going to be able to give them advantage to close the gap and and fight where they're comfy. So so if do you ever.
Speaker 1: Think to you, have you ever been in a position in a in a big fight where you've sort of lost cool? He thought, fuck you like I'm going to. You know, you should have done that, because every time I watched you tend to be really strategic and sort of quite poised. You don't, if anything, you tend to egg them on a little bit. Yeah. I mean I watched it with Brock me and Brock Jarvis, and you sort of egged him on, like you set him up to lose his school, Yeah for sure, and then you haming him. So it was like a minute and a half or something. Yeah, it was round one. But by the way, you're both start, but you're both fighting for a really important because both of you were being managed by the same management in the UK. Correct, and whoever lost was going to be out of the camp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that goes back to how cut through a boxing is. You know, we'll fighting for that position of someone's career advances and the other one goes back to the drawing board. And that was us that fight. You know, that was the first time mat Troom I've ever been to Australia. It was the first Austrange show Brisbane. Yeah, yeah, in Brazil, so it was it was unreal and well it was a fifty to fifty five, you know, it was with Brock being trained by the Great Jeff Finick. It was it was a good build up because Jeff and alf end that the car close and even if you could feel the competitiveness, you know what I mean, it was just that's what made it so much sweeter. And look, you know you said, like I gave Jeff a wink in the corner.
Speaker 1: I remember the whole hype of it all.
Speaker 2: You know, it was it was surreal for me to be in the opposite corner of the great Jeff Finick. You know, like it was crazy. It was, It really was. But that's that's what makes it exciting. That's one of the biggest probably domestic fights. If you look at everything, all the key factors and the backstory in Australia, it's huge.
Speaker 1: Well, given that Brox credentially pretty good, like you fought weight a couple of weight divisions, but like he was, like I think it was well used featherweight champion or yeah, yeah, I think he was something like that. Anyway, you guys thought a light weight, yeah, it was a lightweight super super light weight. Yeah, okay, so he thought that's a couple of divisions up for him because he was he was all a sudden, he like used something to get big. Yeah, it was a massive event from my point of you anyway, from for boxing as well. You then went on to have a number of fives and you won the super lightweight IBF and then you miss out miss out on your defense same year later that year, last year twenty five, you did two two fights. Yeah, I did a catchweight with Navarro in June, yep, sixty five kilos and then Papa in September, which was my first world's weight for it, and that was you did that to become the mandatory correct to get. Yeah, there's the title eliminador. To be the fighter that got was next in line. What does it mean for you? If and this IBF? So, what does it mean for you to win the International Boxing Federation World title championship.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable, you know, it's big money. It is, of course it is, you know, ever since the life changing it has been pretty life changing since I fought on the Jake Pool card. You know, the signings from there and what goes. But that's the that's from how old are then, about twenty, I don't know, and maybe four or five years ago, you know, but it's that's that one percent that makes life changing and money to be able to set yourself up. But people say they know what gets to me when people call you lucky, But they didn't see the kid from twelve years old that's went right through with nothing. I was living in my car at one stage, just to make it work, you know, And that's it's it's not luck. It's just sheer, hard work and determination and just a dream that I just had that fire that I never let that flame go out. You know, I knew I was going to do it.
Speaker 1: Did you ever bring your dad when you live in the car, No way, Yeah, it would have.
Speaker 2: Been, like I told you so, but nah, you know what I mean. But he supports some big time and you know it's just but you got to understand where they're coming from. They come from a place of they don't want to see their kids struggling, you know, when obviously at that time, an apprenticeship was they were kind of a way out, you know what I mean, setting yourself up for life. So they just don't want to see you in a bad position. And kind of I guess be like I agreed to that in a way, you know what I mean, but.
Speaker 1: Look, it's just he was giving you the right advice.
Speaker 2: He was at the time because he cared for me. He didn't want to see me go down the wrong plate, the wrong path, and.
Speaker 1: Well he knew one was one was guaranteed. If you did an apprentice, you're guaranteed you can probably borrow some money, buy a house, get married, have family, maybe just live in the same area, maybe move out. But that's a guaranteed deal. Yeah, boxing is not even fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: No, exactly right, like one one hundred exactly, one hundred percent is only what goes down like small as percentage of being able to make enough to make a living off from Very glad that I've been able to get to that level. And honestly, I've got to thank a lot of sponsors too to help me get there to that level, you know what I mean. And so I've still got some sponsors.
Speaker 1: How does that work? Explain how the sponsors come into it? Like, I mean, obviously you're you know, the people give you money to help you get through training camps because you've got to earn money the whole time, But how does it work for sponsors? Like why do they do it? What's the deal.
Speaker 2: Look, honestly, at the end of the day, it's just the cornice out of their hearts. Like there's especially at the start with the small platform. You're fighting in pubs, in little halls, and you really can't give back. You put obviously put their logo on the trunks, but you're not even getting televised or nothing like that. It's no broadcasting, no For what they're giving you, you really can't give back to them. It's just it's just a good hearted people wanting to help you succeed, you know what I mean. I was still still laboring and then being able to go full time. I think in twenty eighteen, I was working for a company called Oxworks. I was, I was working for them and the boss, Glenowskin, gave me an opportunity to mad Le, I'll match your your wage and you train full time. And to me, I was like, at that time, I've made it, you know what I mean of Bloody made it on full time fighter after years and years and it's just, honestly, it's just the cornice out of their hearts and that's Yeah, it just shows that there's still good people in the world that that back people, and it's just, yeah, I wouldn't be where I am without without sponsors, with people. Luck Lenn himself that that believed in me and gave me the opportunity to, yeah, be able to tackle this full time and flat out because you're noticed with the training. You know, I was waking up early and then gone to labor all day and then coming to the gym compared to when I was fresh.
Speaker 1: There's a huge leaves and bounds theah.
Speaker 2: The year I went full time, I won the Australian title, won the youth world title and it just skyrocketed. But it wouldn't be possible without without sponsors.
Speaker 1: And did you win the lightweight world youth time.
Speaker 2: Super lightweight yah, superlightwaight right from the start until two fights ago.
Speaker 1: So that's not a twenty three isn't it? Is it twenty threes.
Speaker 2: Under twenty three three?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And we've had a number of world champions in this country. We don't have too many of the moment. That's where Andrew Malaney picked up the title this week. It was amazing, amazing.
Speaker 2: Funny story. I was watching that. I went to the AFL on the weekend and me and Jonathan Brown for watching that fight Andrew Maloney's fight in the box up there, So I love him.
Speaker 1: He's awesome. Congratulations, Yeah, well done. I mean I'm a Maloney fan, both of them. It was amazing that he won. It's because there's been a big comeback for him. Massive, it's been a big journey for him. Like, how would he be I think thirty four? Yeah, he's a few years older than you. What about supportive family? So you've got a kid, now, what do you got little ones? Boy? And girl? What do you got girl? A little girl?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Okay? And how old is she?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: And you're married?
Speaker 2: I'm married? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And so your wife's name Tyler? Tyler?
Speaker 2: And how important is her support for you? It's unbelievable. She's a rock, you know, she really is. She's Without her, I wouldn't be able to do. We'll get to where I am, truly, honestly, I'm.
Speaker 1: In a lot of fighters say that, but no, no, tell me why that.
Speaker 2: Just understands, you know what I mean. Like I've obviously growing up younger, I had different young relationships. They like the idea of dating a fighter, until they realized that there's a lot of sacrifice. You know what I mean, I was away a lot overseas and stuff like that, but it's just, yeah, just the understanding, and there's a comfort she gives me, you know what I mean. I'll go home and I switch off, you know, because everything is always boxing, boxing, boxing, It's it's just my comfy, my happy and comfort place, you know, being with her and being with the family and stuff like that. She worried, Ah, look, not really. She knows it makes me happy, so that makes her happy, you know what I mean. It's when I've been injured and had timed off that's when it kind of it's just the uncertainty for me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And do you get anxious when that happens. What do you like when you're with a certainty? Well, when you're when you're injured and you can't fight.
Speaker 2: Oh, look, it was. It was a bit scary because I've joked abound it before, Oh fucking box and take so much out of me, you know, and this and that. But when it was actually taken from me, that's when I knew, Man, holy, I'm not ready to let this go away.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It scared me, it really did. It was achilles injury when I first got in twenty three when I first got a well title opportunity, and it was crazy. Gone back to having good people around. I'm glad to have my family and my wife and that around me so kept me ground and kept me positive. And yeah, look, it's just it's very important having those people around because if boxing was to go and I've got the support base with me, it's just, yeah, like there's more to life, you know what I mean, And there's more things to look forward to life that I'm blessed with it with having those people around. So do you ever say to yourself, I'll set up a plan for the future or do you just say no stuff and I'm just going to do what's in front of me. Look, obviously now I want to set up I want to be able to set up them for life, definitely, and look, there's a lot of opportunities. But still at the same time, I can't look too far into the future because it kind of shifts your minds, you know. As a fighter, that's it, it's fighting, fighting, fighting in front of you a little bit. Yeah, but obviously I'm thinking about that. You know, we've bought a nice place now and we're on a bit of acreage and it's good. You know, we're we're comfortable. But look, yeah, like I know there's there's there's opportunities for life out the boxing, you know, with a made of mind. We started a barbershop up in town with little things like this, you know. Just but at the same time, I trying not to think about it because I'm already thinking about in my head it's going to why I mean, I don't want to say, but kind of to soften up a little bit, you know. I mean, I'm already thinking of retiring over the hill that I can't. Yeah, it's just such a cutthroat sport and industry that I've got to have this animal mindset the whole time, you know, on the top level. So look, I know it's there, but I know it's still a long way away. My body's in my prime. But yeah, I've just got to be strict on the job and strict keep this same mindset onset for a fighter, because we're going in and you can get really hurt, like unfortunate people have died, and you know what I mean, we're going in there too, yeah, to fight, you know. So it's I've got to keep that mindset, that warrior mindset. I have to so I can't look and think about that because it just doesn't work hand in hand, you know, Like for me, if I to think of retirement, it's kick back, relaxed, you know, and yeah, more relaxed mindset where it doesn't work as a fighter as a fighter all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's interesting you should say that line because I'm trying to work out is Liam Parow the animal or is Liam Parow being the animal because he knows that's what he's got.
Speaker 1: To do, that's the job. Do you ever think to yourself which one am I? Or are you both? Because you can't be both.
Speaker 2: Exactly, And I think I am both because when I'm at home, I do switch off. You know, I don't watch much boxing because it's my life, you know what I mean. When I'm away from it and I'm with my family, that's it. It's switched off. You know.
Speaker 1: You must watch footy, that watch queen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I watch your foot That's a good way to switch off, you know, especially when you blaze your beat. Yeah you're in New South Wales, but we just yeah, we'll see, We'll just let you have the first one.
Speaker 1: You notice, I will see.
Speaker 2: But yeah, look, going back to that, I think definitely I want to switch on and I'm very good at that. You ask anyone around me. Then when I flick the switch, I can flick the switch when it's business and when it's time to relax, it's I.
Speaker 1: Can because that's your business, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That is it's my it's my livelihood. But in going that, that's the motivation. That's what I'm doing, is putting food on the family. This is how I'm going to set my family up and be able to relax, and when it's all said and done, be like I gave them my best shot and they're in a good position because I had to turn into that person, you know, that that that animal to make it happen. You know, that's just how it is. So when I go to work, it's like anyone. When you go to work, you switch on, You do your thing, You do what you've got to do, put food on the table. And then yeah, when when you're at home you relax.
Speaker 1: You know, and that that's pretty good that you've actually thought that through and you know, you reconcile all those things, because if you don't reconcile all those things. Then it can all all these things going to have and get confused. And then when you've got to be on you might be thinking about some other ship and that, and all of a sudden, those little sort of little noises get in your head because you can't allow any noise in your head. When you walk out there on that canvas, you get up them stairs, you get through the rapes on the canvas, it's just you. Alvi's not there that he'll will be the end of the round. But all he's really going to be doing is say, put your legs out there and your price on your head and mate. But like half the time, you probably but as the rounds go on, it's hard and hard to even understand what they're saying. For sure, they just they just you just want to say, just breathe couldn't see me. That's tough, is yeah, definitely is tough. It's pretty big deal like that, ability to be able to keep your thoughts nice and contained, then into the fight between the rounds, continue to be able to be prepared to go back out there even though you might be losing. You might think you're losing, you might know you're losing. You know, you know the game better well enough.
Speaker 2: You can much getting told in the corner.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you. You've got to go and win the next for something rounds. So it's it's brutal. There's no second place here, no way. What is your process of when you're between rounds? What are you thinking to yourself?
Speaker 2: Do you think?
Speaker 1: Do you actually think yourself? Are you so muscle memoried?
Speaker 2: Look, it kind of becomes second nature. I'm doing it my whole life. So going back there, the first thing we're doing is we're just breathing, slow, heart rate down. That's it before even any speaker's done. And I'm very blessed to have a good corner like that. We're very calm, and that's a big thing. You see some corners people uh like like stressing and worried and it just exactly el slap and fight or whatever. You you watch.
Speaker 1: Us or say nothing or say done dumb.
Speaker 2: Shit, exactly right, Just it's adding extra stress. You know, things aren't already obviously you're knowing in that situation aren't going your way the last thing and he is more stress, you know. And that's where I've got to give the credit to Alvia for that he can control the corner. Unbelievable. You know, we get back to the corner before anything said. It's always just three massive breaths, slow the heart rate down, and then you will tell me, right, Liam, look this is happening. But usually by then, I've never been in a fight where I'm out of it, you know what I mean. So I understand the right, I know what he's saying. That round's obviously not gone our way, or that round is unbelievable. But a big thing for us is and it comes back to fitness, is turn the screws. Every round, we turn the screws a bit more pressure, keep turning them, turning and turning it because come to the later fights, later round sorry, they slowly to tend to they start to slow off, you know what I mean. But yeah, it's just yeah, it's kind of yeah, like muscle memory in a way. But at the same time as it's all I know really too, you know, like this this is what I've done my whole life. This is it, Like I'm so programmed as a fighter. They want to go in there.
Speaker 1: Program is a good word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, OK, I am like this is day in, day out. You know, it's it's boxing, it's it's fighting. It's yeah, twenty nine fights, twenty eight fights as a pronow, so I've had a few. It's yeah, it's all I know. Really, that's it's us.
Speaker 1: You should say programming. That's that's really interesting. So your brain is programmed to do this, so it probably doesn't need a lot of other thought. Yeah, at the event, it's just let the program take over.
Speaker 2: That's right, just do you You've done this so many times. It's yeah, just let it do it do its course. Like you said, it is, it's programmed. I'm trained to fight. This is what I'm doing, so my body knows what to do, you know what I mean. And yeah, it's just it's just the way it is. I guess, like it's yeah, that's a good question. But that's that's it. Like I'm my happiest so when I'm fighting, I really am. I just love it so much. You don't mind getting hit, I don't care. It's all part of it. You can't swim without getting wet. What was going to happen when I signed up to do this stuff? And I love it? You know, it's character building.
Speaker 1: So it's funny, you know, but because you know the romantic side of the fight game is, you know, you think of rocky movies and stuff like that. And he looks across there and he sees Adrian this is and then he comes does the big comeback, and he wins the fight. I mean, do you ever rely on your wife or family, or your mum or dad or anyone else in the crowd? You ever? Have you ever looked across got a bit of motivation and inspiration?
Speaker 2: No, look, I know that, I know that's in me already. You know, if the gone gets tough and another one is my late mate red and grieve that I promised the world title, all else has got to do is rg You know, that's it. You know you're doing this for you know he's made a promise and.
Speaker 1: Could tell us the story about that.
Speaker 2: Well, it was my best mate you know, grew up in mccai who grew up together playing footy, right, I went to school together and yeah he was signed with the Cowboys. He was an unbelievable and rol player would have been superstar, hand on heart, unbelievable at about seventeen eighteen or six three one hundred kilos run like eleven second hundred meters, just a freak athlete and unfortunately battled mental health, you know, and he lost his battle and then took his own life into twenty fifteen, which was devastating. It was a pretty rough time in life. And that's when before when I said, I've faced bigger reversity outside the ring than what I've ever faced in there, and that was one of them. You know. That time of life was pretty down, you know, because dad just had a big operation. He was in hospital. Then they passed away from a bear ol ball I think it was austral coliitis or something like that. It was close, so he was he got rushed to Townsville. He come back because yeah, it was it was. It was close, you know, and if they didn't get it when he did, I would have lost him. And then on Australi Day twenty fifteen, Reagan took his life, you know, he hung himself.
Speaker 1: And that was shit.
Speaker 2: But it was it was the worst thing ever, you know what I mean. It was. It was horrible because we grew up together, you know, and he he never knew his old boy in music with my dad dad and stuff like that, and we didn't go to the same We're always together doing shit, you know, always, and we didn't go to the same day party on Australia Day and I remember ringing him so well catch up later, yeah rah rah, And that just never happened. He just never did. You know. There's so many questions going into that as far out of you know, like what if, But look at it. That's that's fortunately, that's life. And yeah, you know, I just know he's in a better place with Gordon now. You know, I'm a big believe in Jesus Christ, and I know you'd have him up there, so I'll see him when my time's ready. But there was the whole keep of my world was he was going to be a superstar and rugby league. I was a superstar and boxing and I said that was it. Yeah, we're going to live in the big penny hours young kids, and that was the dream. Yeah, we're just going to be superstars and what we did, and yeah, what a great story.
Speaker 1: It's Aussie boys from you know, yeah, both having a dream through sport. Yeah that they could change their life and you have this wonderful life.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, That's what That's what it was, you know, And that's why I was on all my trunks. Just you're right from the daydight. It's I've always got his initials ig, you know, because I say we we did it. We conquered the world. And that's I've got a tattoo there on my on my ribs is conquered the world, because that's what we're going to do. We're young, ambitious, young kids with dreams and we're going to conquer it. And you know, winning that world title was a way of doing that. And look, that's motivation from me. Like I said, that's when the going gets tough, Alpha just g you know what I mean. And that's a big one. And obviously my family and just like I said, goes back to putting food on the table for them. I know, if it's going to get hard, you know, like what would be harder is not being able to provide.
Speaker 1: For them, you know, so they'd be totally stuffed.
Speaker 2: To me, especially as a man, you want to provide for your family where we're provided. That's what we are, hunter gatherers from back in the day, you know. So that's what I want to do and the boxing is that way. So that's a mindset I've got. You know what I mean it's yeah, just like I said, programmed to be like that. That's just how I am, you know. And I've turned those bad situations into motivation in a way. You know. So when the going gets tough, like and then the sixth round of them Ma Tiars fight, you know it's you're going to face that. But I've been hit with things harder outside the boxing ring that have looking away. I guess just readied me for this, you know what I mean. It's readed me for these hard heart adversities that I'm going to face and still to face. It's just life. Nothing good comes easy, you know. And we're from We grew up in the working class in my ole boy and all guys said, you want something, you got to work for it, and yeah, that's what I'm about.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about representing Australian boxing on the twenty fourth? But how do you feel about representing Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm a proud Aussie. I love it, you know what I mean. And to be able to make the dream reality a second time on home soil, it's going to be more special to me. You know. People say, well, it's your first world title. Yeah, but I wanted abroad. You know, we didn't really celebrate until we got on the plane to be able to do it in Australia in front of the Australian public and on home soil. That's what dreams are made of. And I'm getting tingles talking about It's crazy. I'm so ready.
Speaker 1: Do you remember when Jeff Horn beat MANI pacl A's uncorp.
Speaker 2: Yeah? You remember that?
Speaker 1: Were you there? I was there?
Speaker 2: I was there?
Speaker 1: Oh really, Julu, Yeah, because I was the main spiral partner for so you're you were near his corner.
Speaker 2: We were way up.
Speaker 1: We were way up in the under the bleachers.
Speaker 2: Yeah the bleachers. We're watching the screen anyway, But just the atmosphere for sold out crowd was crazy. And story about that. I remember I was sitting with Angelo de Carlo, which is my manager Ace Boxing, and he turned to me after Horn beat Pack because we're gone good and spying with Horn. He turned to me and he said, you can fucking do this. And then that was just man. Oh yeah, that just was not the turning point but one of the big crucial points of I can't. I really can. Like they gave me the self belief even more than what I had to be able to know that I was going to win my own world title, get on the track. It was just because we were going so well with Horn in the gym. And yeah, I'm very appreciative of that opportunity. I had three profiles at the time, I only just started my pro career and getting to call up at the main spa partner for freaking many pakiw my idol. I was like, oh man, they must think I'll go right, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well because you have got yours your left handed to.
Speaker 2: Correct, yeah, southboard to It just gave him good honest work.
Speaker 1: And are you a left hander or just a south boy? A lot of full because a lot of yeah, because a lot of not not all, not all south boys, the left handers, as you know, but like your actual properly left handed, so left your strengths in your left side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, that's.
Speaker 1: That's the that's your bomb. That particular event like that gave me gives me goose ones. I remember it. But the way Jeff Horn, I think it was the ninth when the referee coming to listen. If you don't show me something, I'm going to call it that. At the end of the round, obviously we're the beginning before the next round. And because I think Jeff I might might be wrong, might have been the eighth, but doesn't matter. He coppied a bit of a heid and in the ninth round I think it was and and he had he dropped his hands, but he came back in the tenth and obviously he won it. You must have got like yeahs to me, that's not something I'm never going to forget that event. We are we expecting that sort of courage to come from someone like you leam Parow, that level of courage.
Speaker 2: You know, it happened kind of the same to me in the sixth round against Suberio Matiars And for people that don't know, at that time, subail Mateirs was stopping everyone on the stool, undefeated fighters all around the world. No one wanted to fight him, and we asked for the fight. Mattrium like you just feeling all right, yeah, we are. We We knew what we we could do, and I've faced diversity in my whole life. I know how to come on the other side of it, and that's what makes a true champion. You know, everything's good when it's all rainbow and sunshines. But it's when your back's against the wall how you prevail. I've proven many times that I can come out on top. So it's there. It's in me one hundred percent. It's there if I if I need it, you know.
Speaker 1: If you have to dig deep.
Speaker 2: Or I know the the risks of going into boxing. I know I'm going in there with the risk of maybe never coming out and seeing my family.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's that's the risk we take every time you step through the ropes. I know what it takes. Like I said, this is my life, this is I'm built for this stuff, I really am. And yeah, look if it's there, it's there. But look, we want a good night in the office. You know we're going to pick an. Can we just finish off for the first round.
Speaker 1: We don't get paid over time, so you don't get you don't get any more money for the best rounds.
Speaker 2: No, exactly right, not at all.
Speaker 1: It's either you know, the first minute and a half or the last minute of the last round doesn't make much difference. You get paid the same amount of money. It's funny because I remember George Keimbosa is sitting here once and he said to me, he's prepared to die and the ring for his family. Yep, he said, Look, I'm prepared to die.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big call. Look, it is a big call. But like I said, we know the risks we're going in for, you know what I mean. And that's that's it. Where we're soldiers, we're warriors, and that's what we do. We're going in there and the main, the main motivation is to fight for a better life for us and our loved one.
Speaker 1: So that's a good way of putting it.
Speaker 2: Actually it is. That's what we're in there for, you know what I mean. It's yeah, it's taken so much of so much sacrifices to get here, and yeah, it's just that's what we're doing. We doing it to give our family better lives.
Speaker 1: About the no limit guys, because I'm going to talking to you when you're signed up a couple of years ago now it would be three, three, four years ago.
Speaker 2: Last year?
Speaker 1: Last year?
Speaker 2: Was that last I have been the end of Yeah, I don't know, but yeah, when I'm sitting at the wolves there, yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a couple years ago. My god, Yeah, it was only last year. And then just talk about the Rose brothers.
Speaker 2: They're unbelievable. I can't talk good enough about them, you know, especially getting this world title shot as a challenger to win the post bids.
Speaker 1: How important is it for you in relationship? They have to do the negotiation. How's it worked?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, they have the negotiation. So they want to buy something I think twenty five fifty grand or something just so small, but against a massive promoter in edite Home which had the champion, you know what I mean. So man, for them to believe in me that much is just oh yeah, honestly, I'm forever thankful. And oh I show that thanks by giving them a belt to hang in their no Limit office.
Speaker 1: As if we're feel to put Eddie on the back foot, Oh look.
Speaker 2: It'd be unbelievable. But at the same time, there's no animosity.
Speaker 1: It's business, no, of course, but like exactly, it is a fucking moment, but a little bit ye yeah, well you do it to you one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, would any any day of the week, and it's business and that's that's just the way it is. It's gonna feel a bit sweeter, Yeah, you know, I jumped on the other side of the grass is greener and I'll prove that by taking your forwards a belt.
Speaker 1: Well, because it's funny because I remember years ago when I interviewed Eddie on the show, actually years ago, he was talking me coming to Australia and and taking on the actually setting up here and taking on No Limit everybody else and all the other promoters here, and of course he didn't end up doing it. So like, from me a naussy point of view, I want you to toe them up because because because it's you know, because I'm here supporting the No Limit guys. I mean I'm here supporting the Aussies exactly, the whole group of not just not just leaving power, but everything to do with your camp everything, Yeah, everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's the Australian way. That's that's how it should be. You know, we're proud Ausies and yeah, exactly, we win the belt from them and then people can travel over this side of the pond to challenge for it because we always bring him back here exactly. You know, we're always traveling, we're always on the road. You know, we've got so die hard fans here that always have to in Australia is very isolated you know, it's a long way traveling anywhere. So to bring that pull and power with that bell, bring the big time boxing totally, man's that's exciting and we deserve it, you know, and I'm going to do everything to make that happen.
Speaker 1: What do you recognize is we punch away beyond our weight division given in a small country. I mean we're fighting blokes in America and everywhere else around the world. Who there's hundreds of millions of people to choose from. We've got We actually ticked over twenty eight million people in Australia last week, funnily enough. But we tend to do well in every sport. We we smash them, but boxing we do particularly well. Yeah, what do you reckon it? Is it a junior junior system or because that's pretty average actually amateur system is you know, it's okay, it's nothing particularly clever about it. What is it about us?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it's just Assie's in general. You know, we're just a bit of hard nuts. Everyone knows everyone around the world is crazy Aussies and I think it just suits him well. With boxing.
Speaker 1: Do you think we are?
Speaker 2: We're toughs bloody one hundred. Definitely, we're definitely tough. That's just ossies are. No one is tough, tough people, and yeah, we just got that. I think just coming we're a lot of from the working class conder, you know, blue collar kind of that's it. Like we've just bought up, growing up with work ethic and we know that if you want something, you've got to work for it. I think that's a lot of Australia in general. We've got that mind. So that's how we're brought up. You know, we're just we're from the working class, so we're gonna, yeah, we're going to work harder than others, you know. And it's showing, you know, for the amount of numbers we've got in boxing, amount of champions have had compared to like you said, America or the UK, it's phenomenal, you know, it's a percentage rate ridiculous. So how many champions have had fighters compared to other places of the world.
Speaker 1: We look at the UFC like even that, like Rob Whitticker and you know us Alex and of course you know there's a there's a whole leap of them. You know.
Speaker 2: Do you ever get to talk to YOUFC guys ever have ever said to you.
Speaker 1: A limb would you let it come over you? No way, you don't want to get they don't want to depend on the ground.
Speaker 2: I would probably end up byting or something. I'll stick to boxing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the stand up part of the UFC is pretty good now because there's a lot more stand up. I mean, a boxer like you, you would probably give them a fairly hard time.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. I just need to work on me wrestling. But look, if if anything happened down the track there's a big crossover fight, you know, I'd be open to it, really yeah, one hundred percent. You know I love fighting and humble me really fast. You never forget taken in the ground.
Speaker 1: But look, you just stay away from them.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but you said, don I guess what about if Netflix come along?
Speaker 2: Oh? Look, if they dangled enough carrots or yeah.
Speaker 1: Because many pack I was looking at fighting, who's many are going to look like the un fight again? Mayweather? Again? I think it's for Netflix. I think I think that's a good deal. You know, whether it's an exhibition or an actual sanction fight, we'll see. But because I just want to ask you what do you think about that process? It's because a lot of there's a lot of boxing events now starting to unfold on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Making it it's a big entertainment massive platform's.
Speaker 1: Huge, like and it's free too, like people don't even have to subscribe for it when they subscribe to Netflix, but they don't have to pay extra for it. What do you think about that where boxing could be going? Because I mean, you're a purist, You're an actual stand up fighter fighting on all the sanctioned groups in the old school way. But the fight game is starting to morph change a little bit for sure, into bigger entertainment venues.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: As a fighter?
Speaker 2: Look at all honesty, I will probably have never got sign with Mattroom. I thought my first fight on the Jake Paul Undergart, Tom Woodley and they opened a lot of doors for me. And I've always said, you know, if it's going to bring new eyes to the sport and help build it, I'm all for it. You can't deny that. You know, it's building the sport for us, which is everything. Bigger payday is, bigger potential sponsors, more eyes, everything, So I'm for it, you know, what I mean. And look like you said, I am straightforward. The belts I locked that way. You don't want to be a unified chain. That's obviously the dreams, that's like that. Of course, yeah, definitely. But then look you go, you've won the belts, You've done all this. Then you think, maybe, look if I'm getting just say fifty mil versus a five meal something like that, you've won the belts, You've got nothing else left, no brain It kind of is, you know, because we're prize fighters at the end of the day. Ye people that say they're not in it for the money, they are talking a bit of shit because unfortunately, you can't eat with belts.
Speaker 1: I've got the world title belt at home, and you know it sits in the cupboard. You know, they might be able to make a soup out of it, the exactly crunch.
Speaker 2: You knock me teeth out with it all. But you know what I mean, you've got to and it goes back to feeding your family and setting your family up. And if you've done it, you've won it the titles, and you've made your legacy there, then why not chase the money. Why not? It's a big retirement fund and things like that, the platforms like Netflix or crossover fights. Then you'd be silly not to you know what I mean. People are gonna people are gonna talk, no matter what good or bad. Let them talk. And it's usually people doing worse than you are. They're going to talk about you. The people doing better they would understand. I'm sure they would probably.
Speaker 1: Well, they're probably jealous made at the end of the day, you know, there's an old mate fuck that were grudges, you know, like if they're going to be big grudge in you trying to earn a better living, who gives the stuff? I mean, I don't mind with Jake, Paul and his brother do. It's no big deal for me. I mean, they just make it more popular. And by the way, all of us so called pious, we all end up watching it. We all watch man and we can carry on about it like them. You want to watch them and it comes back on. We watch it because it's entertainment. At the end of the day, I'm watching you, exactly, and I'm going to watch them because I'm looking for entertainment exactly. And I love that sort of blood sport. I like it. You know, of course, a lot of people hate it, but I like it okay, and so nobody. And you're the one doing it. I can't actually think anything bad of you because you're the one. You're still going to get hit.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, You're still getting whacked.
Speaker 1: You still have to do all the training to get up there, You still make all the sacrifices get to that point. You just don't sit on your on your arse and do nothing and you turn up because you're going to put all the effort into it. And for me, and I think there's pretty much you know, a lot of people winging your plan about it for me, entertainment, entertainment, I don't give it what down one venue. And if you end up with that fifty that you just said, that will get you the pent house. You talked about, your dreamed about when.
Speaker 2: Your generational wealth kind of thing, you know, change of life gone through exactly the same motions, copping the punches, all the sacrifices for a better reward. Yeah, man, like that's anyone would do it exactly right. And anyone that says otherwise talking out.
Speaker 1: Their ears, Yeah, you're totally feeling shit exactly. So what I know you don't want to get ahead of you, So I know you got I know you got twenty fourth in your mind. What's going to happen on that night? Happens like that night. But watching the big dream, mate, what's after that unification?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 1: Chase the belts?
Speaker 2: You know the names I said before, Ryan Garcia, Devin Han's many pack. Yeo, he doesn't have a belt, but still a legacy name.
Speaker 1: That'd be a big that'd be huge, unbelievable, that's that's yeah, that's crazy money, you know, and that would be something for you like idol.
Speaker 2: Exactly right, no disrespect to money. But if you reckons, he wouldn't even care if you're seventy years old. If he wants to fight, we will fight him, like exactly. He's my favorite fight of all time. Yeah, so to share the ring with him will be unbelievable. And look, yes, over the hill, it would be an honor. But look it's he's made' he's cross. It's my time. Yeah, you know, I've got I've got mouths to feed, so it's unfortunately it's the game. We'll shake his hand, I'll share him with me a laughter. But when that bell rings me and I'm doing everything to put you on my rigemes. Yeah, it's just another another notch on the gun, another notch on the belt that's well made up. It's just been a great pleasure of mine and I really appreciate your honesty for today and and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to wish you good luck. You just go and do what you do best, mate, No, thank you appreciate good luck's or bullshit. You just go ahead and do what you do best and what you've been training for your whole life and what you're ready to do. And I think your motivation mate, you've already said it is to put food on the table and look after your family and don't forget. But that's your mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well done mate, Thank you very much much. Thanks for having me. Jeers