Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and.
Speaker 2: This is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral.
Speaker 2: Oh and we talk a lot about ourselves too.
Speaker 1: Coming up on this episode, I jumped in the pool with a pad on.
Speaker 2: Brittany gave us some quite a bit of period talk today and it is quite an interesting talk. I feel like I learned a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is it so embarrassing when we were young to get our period?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I wouldn't know, literally, I wouldn't know. Plus, AJ's got some competition del Brittany has a new man in her life.
Speaker 1: She's been hit on the first time I don't know how long, and I kind of loved it, but also feel really bad and I hope that he doesn't listen or someone who knows.
Speaker 2: Tell me in Dell. Let's go dumb, please dumb.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew, good morning. We are coming off the back of Kylie Weekend. Yeah, and we've got a lot to say. I mean, we've got a lot to say. Where do I even start or do I not start?
Speaker 2: Now? And do we keep it for close friends? Record those friends and just do a Kylie themed close Okay, let's do that.
Speaker 1: Let's do that. But I do have one thing that I want to say in this main episode. But if you want to hear about all the antics of us being at Kylie and like the wrap up of Matt's ten.
Speaker 2: Shows, I've got so much to say.
Speaker 1: We'll keep that for close friends. So just that's what we're going to talk about on.
Speaker 2: Friday, able to say on the internet, and we'll keep it for Friday's close friends. So big Kyli bananza. But anyway, what do you want to say now?
Speaker 1: I got hit on by who a random at Kylie and I haven't been hit on in a very long time, Like, couldn't tell you the last time I got hit on.
Speaker 2: It's hard when you don't leave the house, true.
Speaker 1: But I felt so bad. Matt So this is what happened. This was on the Saturday night at Kylie, and as you all know, I was really worried that I wasn't going to know all the songs, and.
Speaker 2: Of course we're sitting front road, so if she doesn't know the words, it's very obvious because Kylie's giving us lots of eye contact.
Speaker 1: Now, I will say I was actually surprised and knew like a majority of the songs, which is amazing. But we'll save like all our thoughts about the show for Friday's episode. But before we went, I said to Matt, is there one part in the show where I can go and duck and get us some drinks? And he was like, yes, like this part when she goes out onto the diamond thing, it's like more slower songs or something she does on the diamond.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And also so it's like, you know, the diamonds at the other end of the stadium arena, so she's not right in front of us, so if the seat's empty, it doesn't look like she won't notice that you've popped off somewhere. So I was like, she's down the other end, so that's the section where you could go and get a drink. And also it's from an album called Disco, which I don't think you'd be familiar with. She does a lot of songs from there there.
Speaker 1: So well, anyway, come to that point, like it's like halfway through the show, right, and Matt's like, Okay, the part's coming up where she's it's after Locomotion and then she's going to be on the Diamonds, So go get the drinks. Go get the drinks. And I was like all right, And before we'd gone into the show, we got the four drinks in the tray, so I was like, I'll just go get four more drinks because we'd made two friends sitting next to us, so I was like, I'll just get another four so that we can all have one drink. Perfect. So made my way out of the stadium and to the drink spar Okay, as I'm walking up the stairs because we're like on the floor and you've got to walk up and then out like the flapping doors and so off this plowing doors. Yeah, this poor guy, I don't know, he looked like maybe at least five years younger than me. It would have been like a you know when you like run into someone in a movie and it's like you've met you know your person, like you.
Speaker 2: Know how you love at first sight. Yes, when they're running through the airport and they crashed into it. Yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I come out of these flapping doors. I've got my red lacy dress on and my silver boots like look in the part, and I just come storming out of the doors. And it was like we just met, like face to face.
Speaker 2: And then do you crash into each other?
Speaker 1: No, not quite, because I kind of stopped and then we were like kind of ran into each other, but walking the same direction because he was heading to the bar as well, and like we'd had quite a few drinks by this point, Matt, So I was just being really friendly and he's like hey. I was like hey, and he's like, what are you doing. I was like, I'm just come and grab a few drinks. And he's like, are you enjoying the show? And I'm like yeah. He said who you're here with? And I said like, oh, my friend. And we've made two more friends and he's like, oh nice, I'm here with my sister and I was like, oh cool. And then we got to the line and I stood in front of him, and then he's like, oh my god, the boots. He's like, you look amazing. And then this was when I was like, oh no, he's hitting on me. And he's like I didn't even see the boots and he's like, were you planning on showing up and like looking better than everyone here? And I was literally like I was pretty pissed, and I was like stop like just laughing and saying thank you, that's so nice.
Speaker 2: Like I was not like engaging but not encouraging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, oh, thank you, that's so nice, but no, like thank you, you don't have to say that kind of thing, mind you. I'm like trying to give off like I'm not interested. I'm not gonna be rude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And also you're loving it, you know what I mean. You haven't been hit on, Like, well, I'm kind of play the partless.
Speaker 1: And so then it was my turn to order the drinks, and I said, can I have four of the sixteen dollars ninety seltzer? What's the actual fuck by the way, but anyway, we'll keep that for close friends. If you saw it on my storry, the drinks was sixteen dollars ninety each. I said it, just get four please, and they say, oh, you can only get two per person, and I was like, oh, like I got four earlier, and they said, oh, once the show starts, it's only two per person. And then I'm like I was thinking of the three of you back then. I'm like, okay, fine, I'll just get two and then we'll just like share. And then he could hear because he's like right behind me, and he's like, I'll get you another one, and I'm like, no, you get yours for you and your sister. He's like, no, no, no, it's fine. I'll just get one for my sister and you can have this other one. And I'm like, no, it's really fine, like I'll just get two. But I was like trying to be friends, like no, it's all good, it's all good. You get it for you and your sister. And then like because there's so many bar stuff, then he was next to me ordering already and he'd ordered the two and I'd ordered mine, and then like we got given our two drinks each at the same time, and then like I grabbed my two and was walking away from the bar and I'm like, no, no, no, you don't have to give me that, like it's oh good, thank you. He's like, please please take it, like you have the third one, you have the third one. I'm like, no, it's all good, it's all good. And he's like, shove the drink onto me, and he's like, just give me your number and let me take you out for dinner. And I'm like, no, it's so fine, Like I was just trying to be so nice because I was feeling so bad. And then I just said like, I'm so sorry, I'm in a long term relationship. And the look on his face like it was instant, like I'd shut him down so badly, and I'm like, please have the drink back, like I didn't want to take the drink from him, and he was so embarrassed, and he just like basically ran away in the other direction.
Speaker 2: Oh the poor bloody thing. And you know, in this day and age, it would be hard to make a connection like that in real life. I feel bad, I.
Speaker 1: Know, and it would have been imagine if I was single and interest so that would have been the perfect way to meet someone where you just like crash into each other like as you're walking down the doors. I felt so bad, and he literally went, he turned and walked in the opposite like didn't say bye, and like he was meant to be going the same way as me.
Speaker 2: I feel bad.
Speaker 1: Here I am with my three drinks. It's like, oh well, I got fucking a freak. I felt terrible. That was sixteen dollars ninety. And then I came back to all you guys, I'm like, I got three. I feel so bad.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: So that's my one story that I wanted to share today. Look, it did feel good to get hit on, because that doesn't happen. Do people not hit on people anymore? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I think it's risky, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, And especially in this day and age of your tinders and your whatnot. Yeah, maybe people have been accustomed to that. And I think he really went above and beyond and out of his way, and you've just ruined his life.
Speaker 1: I felt so bad, ProAb, we.
Speaker 2: Just kept walking right out to the car and drove himself far. He just abandons his sister.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I got rich jet. I felt so bad because I was trying to give off the vibes the whole time that he was complimenting, Oh thank you so much. That's so nice, like not in a flirty way, oh bless.
Speaker 2: And then it took you so long to get back to the seat by the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I had to walk all the way around because I came to you come down, tell me, no, you have to go all the way around the other side. That's why it took me so long. Anyway, got there on the end, got the drinks. Nice and that was that. But we'll save all the rest of the Kylie goss for Friday.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah we will, but I just we won't talk about this on Friday. We could talk about this now, Like it was really fun to be with you and to be getting ready for the concert, like how good is.
Speaker 1: Just fun at the hotel and then like a few of our friends came. It was a whole group and we were ordering room service before the show.
Speaker 2: I love we had a good playlist on. Yes, we're playing all the old bangers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we said we need to talk about this on the So the songs that we were all going out of their way to find were artists that were ahead of their time. Yes, because there's a lot because.
Speaker 2: We think Kylie is ahead of it was ahead of her time by some of her because that's how it started. It's like we were playing some of those and then we were like, Wow, she was really ahead of her time, and then we were like, who else was ahead of all?
Speaker 1: My song was Rumors by Lindsay Lohan?
Speaker 2: Yes, which did you know the fact that I told you about that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know it, but you did tell me.
Speaker 2: So Basically, for those who don't know the song Rumors by Lindsay Lohan, apparently she released that song because at the time, Lindsay Lohan was like the hottest thing in the media and there were so many rumors about her life. So if you like googled Lindsay Lohan rumors, then her song would come up as opposed to all of these crazy rumors that the so smart media was writing about her, and instead of you know, all of those coming up as a search result, her song would come up instead. I mean, that's what I've heard. I don't know how legit that is, but it's pretty smart and it sounds like it could be true.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like that song if you haven't heard it in a while, or if you've never heard it, blast it in your cart, Like why don't they make songs like that anymore. If some pop start coming out with a song like Rumors, I would be all over it.
Speaker 2: I think we're regressing though, as I as I said, true, I predicted this two years ago on this podcast. I don't know if we had the podcast two years ago, but I remember being like that that era, especially more than twenty tens though, which is a little later than Rumors. We're regressing. Even Lady Gaga's new song Abracadabra, that's skewing a little bit, it is, you know, because I'm loving the new term that the Internet has coined reheating nachos. Have you seen that? Nun Like they like, Abracadabra is just Lady Gaga reheating nachos. It's like the stuff she's already done, but she's reheated it. So it's like the same bit different and it works, you know what I mean. So yeah, I feel like a lot of the new coming out lately is reminding me again of that time, and I for one love it because that's like the best era of music for me. It would be like if we had like an eighties resurgence and all our parents were like, oh, this is the music back in the day, Like I feel like I feel like that's me. I'm like a millennial who's just like, yes, give me the good music. But who else did we say? Sophiella Specster was one.
Speaker 1: Ahead of her time, Billy Duff, Billy Piper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who I'm not familiar with that?
Speaker 1: Who song? Am two PM looks theah maya maya m y I I am two PM, good song? Yeah, there was some real we said, Mandy Moore, Candy Candy ahead of her time.
Speaker 2: But don't you think Addison Ray actually is a Mandy Moore equivalent to me, like that kind of sound. She's a very Mandy More sound. See that's even a regression as well. Sometimes I anymore but like five five version of course. Yeah, but yeah, Addison Ray gives me that Mandy Moore kind of sound as well. Anyway. And Tate McCrae someone compared her to Timberland and I went, yes, like the Timberland sound obviously not Timberland himself.
Speaker 1: Speaking of random artists, I don't know if it's been all over your TikTok as well? Pitbull?
Speaker 2: Yes, how good does Pitbull for those who don't know people currently has just started his like tour and it looks so good. I am begging for him to come to Australia.
Speaker 1: Everyone in the audience is wearing a board cap and a tosito.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go and dress up as Pitbull.
Speaker 2: I don't know a really funny story. I won tickets to back in all this, I want to say, twenty thirteen to twenty fifteen kind of erar Kesher and Pitbull announced an Australian tour together and you can see both of them at a concert and it was at Kudos Bank Arena. I think that was ASA Arena at the time. I won tickets on Nov to go to the concert. I rang through it like, no, it was Smallsey's surgery. I'm pretty sure Smallsey's been doing it since around then, right like he would have been doing around twenty fifteen. Twenty thirteen. I want to say, I don't know it was Smallsey surgery. I rang Smallsey and I got through and I won tickets. No, actually it wasn't me. I was with my friend and she rang, but I was in because I was too nervous and we were listening to Nova and then anyway, we won tickets. Well, I don't think they sold many tickets because it got canceled not long after and I never got my tickets, and I remember being like, well, I feel gypped. Nova should give me some sort of compensation because I'm not getting the tickets, So give me a hamper or something. Never heard anything from it ever again until this podcast.
Speaker 1: I am hoping and praying that Pitt will go. Yeah, I'll be there because the crowd looks like they've been going wild for him, Like where is he even touring? Is it a miracle like Europe somewhere I'm not sure, but UK everyone is dressed up as him, and I just think the Australians would go nuts. They'd go fairal for that.
Speaker 2: And you forget how many good songs he has.
Speaker 1: But like does people even sing?
Speaker 2: No, he's more of a rapper, Like.
Speaker 1: He talks Yeah what an icon.
Speaker 2: Which is kind of amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah that he's got so many bangers. But he just took my lafe from negative to positive. But I just want you to know that.
Speaker 2: It's like like he doesn't actually sing notes yea cold act.
Speaker 1: But yet take a picture of me with the cold act? He rhymed Kodak with Kodak.
Speaker 2: Like if you can do anything, Yeah, please be upstanding for the Royal flush.
Speaker 1: Let's go on to our royal flush of the week. I've got just a little one and actually it's called flush.
Speaker 2: Oh what what do I mean? Now?
Speaker 1: Look, I probably should have liked fact.
Speaker 2: Checked, fact checked, should have fact checked this checked it also, Hannah, just to butt in here, because you know it's been a long couple weeks. I do have to ask, is the fucking pie machine back here at Nover yet? It's not. Oh, for those who don't know, the renovations have been taking place here at nov it looks amazing, but because they were renovations, they don't have the pie warmer. And I haven't had my meat pies mcgalo's pies in weeks. Anyway, what's your Royal flush? Britany?
Speaker 1: Okay, So I saw a TikTok and I've just checked that it is on the app Store and it is. You've probably heard of it. There's an app, like a mobile app on the app Store called Flush Toilet Finder and map what And basically it's like a Google like Google map, and it's got all of the public toilets that you could ever need to know about. So no matter where you are, you can download this app and it will show you all the public toilets near you. It'll say like whether they're one that you have to pay for or whatever? Do we have many of those here?
Speaker 2: I don't know, more of a UK thing, I think, but it might be like customers only.
Speaker 1: Vibe Yeah, well anyway, which.
Speaker 2: Go away with that? Pay me let me use the toilet, I know, and also like if I'm busting, let me use the toilet, and then I'm happy to come and buy a drink. But I'm not buying a drink first, I'm gonna wet me pants. Love you know.
Speaker 1: Flush Toilet Finder is the quickest, simplest way of finding a public bathroom or restroom. Simply open the app and it will display the nearest toilets to you. It's free, no inn app purchases, and have and has over two hundred thousand bathrooms in its database. And you know what, I think people that suffer with a bit of toilet issues could really benefit from this, especially if you're traveling or you don't know you know where you are. You know, sometimes you just find yourself in a scenario like where the fuck is a bathroom download this app, which, by the way, this reminds me of a story. It's only a little one. I'll never forget, you know how, you have some memories in high school that you'll never forget. I will never forget being in year seven when we had to do French and did you have to do French?
Speaker 2: No, I was did Japanese.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we did French. And my French teacher she was known like to not be the nicest, Like you know how you just have those teachers that everyone knows like they're not nice. And I remember I was in year seven and I was new to having my period. Like I'm pretty sure I got my period in year seven. And when you're like a young girl and going through your period for the first time, it's like daunting as fuck when you get your period and you're like learning how to use a pad and like all this shit. And I remember I had my period and I was in French class, and this is like TMI for you, Matt. But like when you got your period, you can kind of tell when it's overflowing, like you can just feel that it's like overflowing into your undies kind of thing. And then before you know it. If you're sitting down, it's gonna be on the back of your skirt. And this mean nasty fucking teacher. I even remember her name, but I don't want to say it.
Speaker 2: Nah, I say it with the old chest.
Speaker 1: Missus spait that was her name. No, that's so mean anyway, she won't fucking listen to this.
Speaker 2: Who cares.
Speaker 1: I remember putting my hand up saying like, can I please go to the toilet? Miss And you know remember when.
Speaker 2: Teachers were like no, yeah, which I think is so fuckd Like in fact, earlier when we were talking about the toilet situation and going into you know, a cafe and whatnot. Yeah, I actually think it should be illegal to refuse someone to use the bathroom, whether they're a customer or not. I think literally, like, I think it's just crazy that you can deny someone.
Speaker 1: Just going to the bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Of the bathroom, you know you've got like Crones disease, I think it is you actually can get a card it says you must let me use the bathroom. I have Crones disease, which I feel like I need one for me without a gall bladder, because there are sometimes that I'm like oh shit, there we go. I love and so I need to download this flush out. But I think missus Space she.
Speaker 1: Should think that was her name anywhere?
Speaker 2: Should you know? Well, I think she should get in trouble for not allowing students to go to and at the end of the day, if you know, because why do they say no? They say no because.
Speaker 1: I don't want kids that don't waste time.
Speaker 2: Waste time.
Speaker 1: I understand it from that, but I'm sitting.
Speaker 2: There because the fuck if the kids waste time, you're still getting paid the same job.
Speaker 1: And so I remember her saying no, like you have to wait until lunch or whatever, and like, I know that the blood is seeping like onto my undies and I know I'm about to be extremely embarrassed because it's going to be on my skirt and it's probably like the second or third time I've ever had my period. So I'm fucking freaking out. And I was like, please, miss like I was trying to like give her eyes to be like I've got my fucking period, but the class was quiet, like doing reading time or whatever. Yeah, and I was like please, like going like this to her, and she was like no, And so I just grabbed my bag because I needed the pads, and I just like ran out of the class and down the hall, and she chased me down the hall. She chased me to say, where are you going, blah blah blah, and I just ran to the toilets as quickly as I could, sorted myself out, avoided that emergency, and then I got in trouble and I think I had to go and speak to the head teachers.
Speaker 2: Did you explain to the head teacher what.
Speaker 1: Was I must have? Yeah, surely, Oh, maybe I was too embarrassed because when you're a girl and you've got your first period, it's so like i'd say it now, I don't give a fuck I got my period, But when you just have your period, it's like so embarrassing and you don't want to tell anyone. And so I don't know if I ever ended up saying, but I just remember her chasing me and me being mortified, and I've never forgotten that, Yeah, let the kids go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Isn't it weird that periods are so embarrassing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so embarrassing when you're.
Speaker 2: Come from I don't know, it's like surely, because I mean obviously I didn't go through the experience, but I can't imagine, like it's like, why is it so shameful? Where does like the shame come from? Because I can't imagine parents, like mothers are going to their daughters. Oh now we've got to talk about periods, and you don't let anyone know that you've got a period, Like that's not happening from I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I remember when I first got my period, and I would have been twelve because I was a year young for year seven. And I remember when I got it and my mom when I told her, like because I was on the toilet and it kind of happened, she was so excited, like it was an exciting time as a mom. I don't know. And she went and she called all her friends and told them, and I was right, it's so embarrassing, But like, why is it embarrassing?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And I've got another period story too, well we.
Speaker 2: May as well. We're already knee deep, so.
Speaker 1: One time again. So like most everyone's different, but usually when you start your period, you start with pads and then you'll eventually learn to use tampons and so I'd had it for I don't know how many years, a couple of years or whatever, and then I decided to learn how to use a tampon, and then I started using tampons. So when I mean, it's different in different countries, but in Australia, your tampon's like the string When you open it, the string is all like shoved up inside the tampon. You have to pull the string down then put the tampon in. Well, one morning, I was like in a rush getting ready for school and I put the tampon in, but I didn't pull the string down, so I just put the tampon up and then there was no string hanging out. And then I realized and I went into a massive And again I was young, so I was like so embarrassed that I'd done this, and I was like, I've lost the tawn And then I remember it was a morning and I had a stepdad at the time, and him and Mum were sitting on the back deck like having a coffee, and I like went out to marm and I'm panicking and then I'm crying.
Speaker 2: In me forever.
Speaker 1: I was balling my eyes out. Do you want to come and help you try and get it out. No, She's like, all right, we'll get in there and get two fingers. And I eventually found it. But just mortifying, like when you're a young girl. I don't know, it's just I.
Speaker 2: Wonder where that comes.
Speaker 1: From mortifying and like, yeah, I wonder.
Speaker 2: How it's just like instilled in.
Speaker 1: You in society kind of like were you embarrassed about like getting your period and having your period?
Speaker 2: Tell us, tell us, tell us a story.
Speaker 1: I jumped in the pool with a pad on once.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just.
Speaker 1: Jumping in with our clothes on.
Speaker 2: I forgot So if you go so if you go in the pool, is that more tampon situation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, you wouldn't wear a pad because it we'll blow up, Like okay, there you go.
Speaker 3: I remember we went on We used to go on like beach holidays, and of course I got my period, like this first day of the fucking week that we were on holiday.
Speaker 1: I get on school camp and then have you packed the worst? And my parents were like, We're going to do this day trip out to this speech and will be there all day.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, like I'm not coming. And then I eventually told my mom I was like, told her why I didn't want to go, and she's like okay, and then she told all the other moms in the group and they told the kids who I was like friends with. So next minute, I have a guy who I was friends with and he goes and I heard you've got your period?
Speaker 1: Like how much? I mean, this is where the shame comes from.
Speaker 3: And he's like how much blood comes out? Is it like a teaspoon or a tablespoon?
Speaker 1: And I was like, who told you? Yes, it's so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: And I was so upset that my mom had like told his mom, and all I could think about was like them all talking about me.
Speaker 1: I think that's where the shame comes from. And also like I remember so specifically horrible, not wanting to go to sleepovers, not wanting to go to school camp because if you're going to have it, it's just.
Speaker 3: Like this whole school camp was my biggest fear because of that rings school.
Speaker 1: Camp one time too, and then I didn't do like the canoeing iming, Yeah, the canoeing because you didn't want to jump in and like you didn't want to do you know how, and you used to do sport at school and you'd have to do swimming. I don't know if you guys had to do swimming, but we would go to like the Newcastle Ocean Baths to do swimming for PE and then having to get my mum to write a note to say Britney can't swim today because she has her period because if you're not using tampons, like you can't swim, and then me being so embarrassed about that, Like there's just so much. I hope it's different now for younger people who are getting their periods.
Speaker 2: I don't reckon they'd still feel the same way.
Speaker 1: And I've got no idea, but I just like having to take a note and give it to the male pe teacher. You know, it's just it's so I don't know why it's embarrassing, but it is. But when you're older, it couldn't care less. But yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 2: I couldn't. I couldn't be a teacher because if a student said, like if a student came up to me and we I'd taken them to Newcastle Ocean Bars to do assumming, and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, everybody get in the water in the freezing One.
Speaker 2: Other kids said to me I'm not getting in today. They don't have a note from their parents, they don't haven't told me they're on their period. If someone goes I'm not getting in the water, I go, fair enough, mate. You don't have to do what. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do. You know what I mean. If you don't consent to getting in the water, I'm not going to force you in the water, Joel.
Speaker 1: Get it fifty meters underwater?
Speaker 2: Crazy, I actually think about it, the lack of consent from teachers. It's alarming back in the day, now that I think about it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Yeah, missus bad if you're out there. If anyone knows, I remember when you made me feel so informal having my period. I couldn't tell you because the whole glass would it And you chased me and I got in trouble and all I want to do was change my fucking pad.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? It's like, what is what if? What would be the problem with just going? Sure?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like, do you know what I mean? Even if you were going to go and graffiti on the walls, you know what I mean, Even if you were just going and play silly buggers like who cares missus spock. I don't give a ship, you know what I mean aspect spack, spunks space, sunk space. Well, you know what, I'm doing my best and that's all that matters. Well, that was a nice little segment because it and I will I.
Speaker 1: Just have to say I had some really good teachers too, so love them. Yeah, we all had good and bad.
Speaker 2: We had. Majority of teachers were good, weren't they. Yeah, there are only a few bad apples in the bunch. But that's how it is with everything, isn't it. So is that your Royal flush done? The flush appy?
Speaker 1: I'm going to download it now and have a look at it today. But what a good life saver in those times where you really need to go.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, although that's amazing. If it does happen to me where I go, Oh shit, I need a bathroom, I just open Google Maps and say search this area for a bathroom. Oh yeah, and then they all pop up anyway, So you don't need the app. But I do think it's a really good idea, and there'd be a lot of people who look.
Speaker 1: I've just downloaded it. Look at how many toilets there are.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Oh my gosh, look there's one right near us. Actually, well it might be the one in the buishing market.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, So does it show you how the toilet's in nova or is it only public toilets? Okay? Fair enough? All right, we ready for my royal flush then? Yeah, so my royal flush of the week comes from. And I always feel a bit like weird about putting people on this podcast as a royal flush who have no followers. I am unsure if I should be saying their name and giving them a shout out to credit them for the content, or whether they would not, Like, you know, some people just post tiktoks like just because they just want to post tiktoks for their.
Speaker 1: Friends, but surely they know that it's going to blow up at some.
Speaker 2: Well, this person has two hundred and ten followers, doesn't like not really a content creator by the looks of it, But posted a video and it got sixty six k views and I saw it and I it spoke to me, So I guess I'm going to give her a shout out. Her name is Lucy Coogan. I think her last name is I think that's how you pronounced that. She posted a TikTok of her walking through the city of Brisbane and it says the caption on it says, the fear I feel every time I step outside in Brisbane CBD that I'm going to run into one of those people who make those videos that say what do you do and how much do you make? Have you seen those videos online? If you haven't seen them. It's like a girl in the street with a microphone and she just goes up to random people and she's like, what do you do and how much do you make? And people are like, oh, I work in this and I make this much a year or this much a week and blah blah blah blah, and people do them all over every city, but that one was Brisbane specific. But every time I'm in the Sydney CBD, I genuinely, out of the corner of my eye, I'm like, where are they? Where are they? And I'll tell you why, because this is a high scroller's exclusive And I have a plan if I do ever run into one of these people in the street. And I want your help with this, Brittany as to what number you think I should go with that would be like realistic enough. But I would love to be interviewed by one of those people and just make shit up, just li just make suup to send the Internet into a spin. So they go, what do you do and how much do you make? I go, I am an influencer and I may probably like six million dollars a year, like which is obviously so fucking wrong, but just like act like it's the most true thing ever. And if they're like wow, because they always follow it up as well with questions, Wow, what's the biggest brand deal you've ever done? I had to post an Instagram story and I think I got like, well, I got a million dollars, but then my management had to take ten percent, so I think I ended up with like only like nine hundred k. And just like talk like that and just make it all up and just watch the Internet going to a fuck. Imagine the Daily mail articles. Imagine these articles.
Speaker 1: I reckon they should purposefully like reach out to some influences who are willing to lie to get that viral video.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna do that if I ever get asked, and only the scrollers will be in on the joke.
Speaker 1: Well, I reckon we should contact them and say we've got this idea for a viral video. Matt is willing to lie about how much he makes. Do you guys want to collapse? So true, Like, let's just do it.
Speaker 2: It's been your biggest month. This month was kind of slow. Only made about one hundred and fifty k this month. But some months, you know, I'll make like a million bucks. I don't know, it really depends, you know, just like at so.
Speaker 1: Hard about it have to be so like neutral.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I would just like love to watch the internet melt the fucked. I think I'm going to become a troll. I think that's like my twenty I think that's a twenty twenty six erro though troll troll or right hay troll. And I just because I did test the waters, here's a thing for you. I was like, okay, so you know on TikTok, I made that guacamole recipe. Did you see that video I made a guak. I started the video saying I'm gonna show you how to make the best guacamole ever. Okay, this is a scrollers exclusive as well. I planned to follow this video up, but they never did it because I just got so busy. And then now I've been around the country with Kyla Mino, I did this video. I went, I'm going to show you how to make the best guacamole ever. I then made the most basic ass guacamole with literally just avocado, tomato, onion, and salt pepper, and then I blitzed it so much that it wasn't even a thick guacamole. It was like an avocado pu raise. Recently, Yeah posted it and when I can't wait to see how this turns out, which I do often, I sometimes do a cheeky ship post just to like see how the Internet reacts. And then anyway, I was waiting for everyone's reactions. So of course at the at the start it went exactly as I planned. At the start, everyone this looks delicious. I'm so trying this, this looks this looks amazing. And then it took about a week till someone went, this is literally just squacamole with but nothing in it. Then it took a few more days for people to start going you should have added this. You should have added that it wouldn't be guacamolea unless you added the video is it. Keep scrolling out, keep scrolling out, keep scrolling down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to show you how to make the best guacamole ever.
Speaker 2: And I'm going, oh, every time I make this at the parties, everyone raves about it, like just fucking because I do love it, and that genuinely is the guacamole that I make, and I was making it to enjoy for myself at that point. I feel this because it is the most basic guacamole, like the most basic guacamole in the world. But I was like, oh, I'm going to make out like this is life changing and see how the Internet reacts. And then it went exactly as I thought.
Speaker 1: And whole tomato? Did you put a whole tomato in there? Just then? Yeah, a whole tomato?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: A whole onion? Why not, Matt, do you put a whole onion in it?
Speaker 2: Get your vegetables in you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm actually watching you do it, and.
Speaker 2: I blitzed it me blitz that it goes into like an avocado puria. Anyway, now, four weeks later, now the Internet is like this is fucked and they're like, what an abomination? And this is the most fucked avocado of guacamal I've ever seen, and I'm like, it's just funny the rollercoaster ride that the comment section has been on. Anyway, I planned to follow that video up being like, haha, I told you all, like I purposely made the most bland guacamal ever in the hopes that, like, you know, it would be hilarious and just to see the reaction.
Speaker 1: But it look good, although it looks a bit brown.
Speaker 2: But I never I never did in the end doing that follow up video. So you've got a little exclusive. It's like I've said before that video that went viral about the noise in your roof in the apartment, I've told that story right on the podcast. Yeah, And if you can't remember or I haven't heard that, I made this video that was like, does this happen to anyone else? But I knew full well that it happened to everyone else, because every apartment I've lived in my life, the same sound happens, which it sounds like someone upstairs drops a marvel on the floor and then it rolls to the other side of the apartment, or like it sounds like they've dropped a coin and the coins rolling to the other side of the apartment. So that kept happening in all the apartments I lived in, and so I made a video being like, I don't know if it's just me, but does this happen to anyone else? But I was like, I don't feel well, this happens to everyone in every end up being the air con something in the parts, like something in the gas pipes, also being like a bubble traveling from one end to the other. But I don't know. The jury is still out on all of that. Anyway, Stay tuned for my interview with one of those apps. It's always an app, isn't it like.
Speaker 1: A hiring app? Like I think it is the guy that does them. I think they're a job app.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Stay tuned for me trolling the internet by saying I'm a multimillionaire influencer that makes one hundred and fifty k dragon one hundred and fifty k's like, I want it to be achievable. I thought six million a year. That's five hundred K a month.
Speaker 1: That's a lot.
Speaker 2: That is a month. Do you reckon? That's not believable? Should I go one hundred and fifty k a month and so then times that by twelve is one point eight million dollars. See that's a bit more realistic, right, Like I think six million people are going fuck off, he's lying, But one point eight million I think they could. Yeah, it could justify. Like I think people might Okay, yeah, do it? Yeah hopefully if I run into them. So hopefully it goes well. Hopefully I don't get canceled, because everybody's getting canceled right now. Hello, what's going on in Australia? Have you not noticed? I'm feeling very left out?
Speaker 1: Actually, film was canceled. Mikayla Animal, we had Anapaul, we had that Jack mac guy, all the all the bloke podcasts. Oh the people off Maths.
Speaker 2: Now we've got blue eyed Kayla Jades, even which I thought the internet loved her agent from Maths, Adrian from Math. Oh, the Jasmine Etes girl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but no one's really canceled.
Speaker 2: Well, I reckon. Colleen Balinger hasn't come back from a cancelation. I always say, though, if James Charles can survive, anyone can. Sorry. I think if James Charles still has a career, I think I'll be fine. You know who else has gotten canceled, Drake's getting canceled? Who else has gotten canceled? I feel like everybody but us is getting canceled. You don't have any news for us, and I do you? When's our contract up? I'm getting married feeling very left out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll look out, Matt because you're next.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: By the way, before we wrap up the episode, do you have a brand of the week about anything?
Speaker 2: Umm? Nah, I don't because my life has been so good lately and we're going to tell you all about it in close friends. Don't gonna get come back on Friday. You're getting full bt Kylie Minogue. There's some exciting things I haven't shared on the internet at the time of recording, at least about what happened during the concerts. Brittany has a lot of thoughts as well. I doo wants to share about the whole thing, and we'll get to that on Friday, but for now.
Speaker 1: That's another episode done in Dusty.
Speaker 2: It is you know what to do right as fat stars turn on notifications. But I think we have the most dedicated listeners on the interwebs because we've seen the data and you all tune in every single week and almost straight away immediately, so we love that. I feel like everyone has our notifications on but of course you know, we upload every Tuesday and Friday here and apart from that anyway, Dale, better let you go. I gotta go jump in the pool with a patter of