Speaker 1: I record this podcast on Gaetigul Country. I'd like to pay my respect to the traditional.
Speaker 2: Custodians, and I'm recording a Urando country, part of the Cooler Nation. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to dig this. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something.
Speaker 2: You've got layers, Yeah, I got layers. I was just thinking, I'm like, we're just such beautiful storytellers.
Speaker 1: You're making a lot of sense to that girl. No, I'm done.
Speaker 2: Let's been too honest to go. Mandy, You're back.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm back. Oh my gosh, it feels so good to be back home. But also like I've already booked my next trip, like the summer two point zero is happening.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you not have enough of it in the first trip or you were like I need to go back because I need there's unfinished business.
Speaker 1: There is unfinished business. I didn't see enough places. I mean, look, when I explained the holiday to you're going to be thinking like, didn't you just like spend five weeks going to like five different countries and having the time of your life, Like, isn't that enough?
Speaker 2: Which twist did you go to? Like?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I left Sydney and I went to Paris, which I fell in love with. I mean, Paris to me is just like postcard after postcard, affter postcard, every every is it really it depends where you're at.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's depending on location, Like if you just people's interpretation.
Speaker 1: If you're staying the second or the ninth, I feel like that's where we stayed. It's like beautiful. It's like the Paddington, the Surrey Hills, the inner city vibes and the and the you know, luxurious you know shops and beautiful restaurants, and I mean Paris for me is sitting with a glass of rose with an amazing meal, facing the street and judging everyone who's walking past, and like just people watching.
Speaker 2: People watching is the best because when you're in another country, like people like everyone is speaking a different language and you're like, oh, like you don't know if they're tourists or locals and anything like, that's the best game to play and.
Speaker 1: You make up stories.
Speaker 2: State.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I had such a good time in Paris because I realized that we're quite conservative in this country when it comes to self expression, and you know, being overseas and being in Europe, there's such a vibrancy to people's output of who they are, and to me, it was so inspiring because I felt like everything that I was doing was elevated, like the things that I was wearing, the places that I was going to eat, the you know, even the food that I was eating. It's just like everything just felt so much nicer. So I'm going back. I am going back with a good friend Ollie. When I came back a week ago, he caught up with me for dinner and he said, I really want to go to Europe in September. I said, okay, I'm coming two point zero. He didn't have anyone to go with. So he's so detailed and meticulous though that within a week he's created an Excel spreadsheet, a budget and like each location you know me, oh my gosh, you sent it to me last night and I'm like wow, like this.
Speaker 2: Is this is what the reason people do there before.
Speaker 1: But when he was younger in his family, so very different. But it was five weeks, you know, of pure joy for me so well Beyonce twice.
Speaker 2: That was I know, I'm never so jealous.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget that moment. It was, Yeah, it was unreal. The second time was so much better than the first and jay Z came out and performed with her, which was like, oh insane. The crowd went crazy.
Speaker 2: Is that the highlight then? Like, because that's why you went to Europe in the first place was to.
Speaker 1: See But yeah, I mean Beyonce the tour is everything. I was thinking about going to Vegas next week for the last show, but I'm like, okay, just hold onto your pennies, bro, like, stop spending money.
Speaker 2: I know. Was that the hardest thing though? Being on holiday is just like it's so expensive. Hey, everything's okay, so like what's a random meal?
Speaker 1: Like well, you know you can do it on the cheap, especially on the Greek Islands or in Croatia, but like you get to Paris or London, the pound is basically double everything here. So I got a haircut and it cost me one hundred and fifty bucks. Oh my dab and that for a men's haircut. That he's insane. I mean, you go for a steak, and we were looking for a cheap steak after I'm going to see a show one night in London, and a cheap steak in London is about fifty Australian dollars. That's a cheap steak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it doesn't really taste good.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's you know, a small portion. Yeah, it's not the best cut. It's a small portion. You don't get any sides with it. That's just the steak.
Speaker 2: And it's chewy.
Speaker 1: It's chewy, you know. But look, you go with that in mind, you know that everything is more expensive. I always think, wouldn't it be great if you were from Europe or America coming to Australia because it's.
Speaker 2: Like everything, oh, I know, and I think that's why people move as well. Like I felt like that when I was in New York. I was like, oh, yeah, this is so expensive. Okay, but like, okay, but how did you feel? This is this is my question in terms of like how did you feel being in Europe or like being in You went to London, right, no, you were, Yeah, how did you feel about being in London? Like, well, that ad been weird.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I feel like I've been to London before, but this trip, the key word that I had in my mind was to be present, so I saw everything this time. Yeah, I was really present in the moment and I felt like I experienced Europe completely differently to how I experienced it ten years ago. And so I went to Paris, I went to London, I went to Italy, so roame the Amalfi Coast, Croatia, Dubrovnik, and then I went across to Greece, went to Athens, Mikinos, back to Paris, extended on my gas. I know, I extended my trip for an extra week. I had a friend fly over Zapora, you know, Zippy. Yeah. I called her two weeks into the holiday and I was like, girl, can you come and just like spend two weeks with me? She was like, let me try and get time off work. She got time off work, she flew over and we had the last two weeks together. Denny went home at the end of week four on the planned you know, return flight, and I extended an extra week and stayed with Zippy and we had the time of our lik.
Speaker 2: So sorry, I didn't get I didn't get the call up.
Speaker 1: But you know, you're busy, You're busy, You're planning. Knew that you're planning your trips, you know, I thought.
Speaker 2: I'm so so envious. I'm like, I want to be on that September trip, I know, and I would to go to New Zealand and all this stuff. Okay, but like, let's talk about Beyonce and how that first experience was was like everything that you dreamed of? Was it twenty times more than you expected? Like what did she give you eye contact?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I mean multiple times. Look, let me tell you something, Let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get up to the front.
Speaker 1: Okay. So my tickets that I bought when she was first putting a concert on sale was so expensive. I'm talking like fifteen hundred dollars a pop for a ticket, I know.
Speaker 2: A small loan Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I bought the VIP tickets, which meant that you would basically be on the barricade in this VIP pit. But unfortunately, like the VP, experience wasn't great. And it saddens me to speak about Beyonce and her team like this, But I had to get to the venue at two pm. She wasn't on stage until eight, so that is six hours before she comes on. Right. It's like a huge weight to get your VIP merch and your bag and you sort of just shuffle through like cattle. Honestly, you're in these lines until about four pm, so it's about two hours you're in these lines, and then you get into the venue around four thirty five pm, and then you're waiting for three hours in the venue. So as much as it was marketed as this incredible VP experience, the VIP side of things, it really wasn't there. I mean, you got in early and you got a really great vantage point, but the stage was so high, and me as a tall person, I still couldn't see her some of the night. So I've paid this much money and I couldn't see her and I'm front row. It was like, really honestly disappointing to pay that much money and not get the experience that I thought I would. But the second time in Paris, was seated like the front row of the stadium and I got to see everything and ain't. Well, the thing is, I was front row so like of the seats, and that was such a better experience. Got to see everything, you know, got to see the stage, the led floor. You sort of have to be a little bit raised to experience Cowboy Carter to its fullest because the stage is such a big part of it. So when you're in VIP and you're looking up. You don't get to see the led stage because you're you know, your view is underneath. So look, I had the best time. Honestly. It was almost like a religious experience. The second time. I remember like I was in this moment where you're singing this song which has got two hands to heaven, and I felt like I was just gonna burst out in tears like it was. It was euphoric for me. So yes, it was amazing the second time, and the show I would see again if I could, but I'm just not willing to go to Vegas and pay all that money again. But I'll see her again one day. So yeah, it was definitely a hot definitely a highlight. And you won't believe this, but her makeup artist follows me on Instagram. His name's Raquel, and I went to dinner with him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I went to dinner with her makeup artist, Raquel, who does Kim K's makeup, and beyonces it.
Speaker 2: How was that.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. We were messaging on Instagram and it was in the last week while I was in Paris, and he was like, let's catch up. So we went and got some drinks at a bar and then he was like, let me see if Neil's available, who's her hairstylist? And so Neil to Neil's sixtieth birthday and we end up the four of us, Me is a poorer, Raquel and Neil at dinner celebrating Neil's sixtieth birthday. It was insane, like getting all the stories about Beyonce, you know, behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: And oh my god, you're in Beyonce's team, I know, and like he's worked for her for seven years and you know, I heard such amazing stories.
Speaker 1: About her and how compassionate and generous she is. You know, in COVID he had family members pass away and Beyonce looked after everything, you know, and there were so many stories that I don't want to share, but she is one of the most generous people.
Speaker 2: Could know, Share Share, Share without followers. This is the biggest not gossip, but you can ever imagine. I know you're in the team right now, like insider, you're.
Speaker 1: And so we became friends and we've been messaging and it was like, you know, whenever you're in LA, let's catch up. And he was just such a nice guy. I learned a lot from him in like the few hours we were together. Yeah, and he's you know, he's one of his makeup artists. Yeah, he's good looking. Yeah, what is he like?
Speaker 2: How would you describe him?
Speaker 1: Like Latino and yeah, beautiful. He has his own makeup line called Raquel Beauty. He yeah, he's he's got a perfume coming out that he showed me. He brought like a little sample and yeah. We had the best time, and he even invited me. Like the dinner ended at like midnight, and then he's like, I'm going to go and have this meeting with someone at midnight about my perfume, and so he was going to talk to like this guy who had to like to discuss like the design of the bottle and stuff. And then at two o'clock he's like, where are you come to this Louis Vuitton fashion after party. I'm like, I've got a flight tomorrow morning. I can't but like.
Speaker 2: Two am, two am, yeah, my good.
Speaker 1: Booty call without the booty call.
Speaker 2: Literally without the booty Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was at home and like Support and I were packing our bags and I was like should we go? She's like, look where it is? It was like ten minutes away from our hotel, and I was like, I would have to get dressed, I would have to look nice. It was the lou Vuitton after party, so I'm like, oh my god, like and people don't start partying in Paris until one am. So you have dinner at ten.
Speaker 2: And then you just roll into the next morning.
Speaker 1: Well the thing is one until six.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. That is that is not.
Speaker 1: That is normal. That is so normal in Europe. Yeah, and so if you go to a club before midnight it's empty. That's so weird, isn't it. So you don't go to dinner. The sun doesn't go.
Speaker 2: Down thenry okay, so you go to bed at six and then wait, day, what time are you waking up? Now?
Speaker 1: No one's waken up early in Europe Australia, the culture is wake up at five am, go for a run, you know, get your job done, be home by five and then relax. It's like you have a sea yester at four, you sleep until six, you get up, you go to dinner at like nine. The sun doesn't go down until ten thirty, so it still feels like day. They're ten thirty is like our seven. And then by midnight, you finish dinner and then you sort of trickle on to the bars. And so if you go out, if you're at home and then you think, oh it's midnight, better get out, and you go to a club, honestly, it's going to be empty.
Speaker 2: That is so baffling to me.
Speaker 1: But that's why they had to see Yester in the afternoon. They're sleeping, they getting their energy, they're ready to go.
Speaker 2: Like there, I just feel like my ediccading rhathom would just be like all over the place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to.
Speaker 2: Eating at twelve, eating at eight o'clock. I'm in bed by eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, right, And so like if you go and you have dinner at six or seven or eight, everyone knows you're a foreigner because the restaurants are basically empty.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so that's like yeah, that's like no, no, don't do that, don't do that. And how's your foot? How did you hobble around and get on the dance floor?
Speaker 1: Well, they called me Limpy Lowhan, Limp that's your new name, Limpy Lowhan, and I skin this week. I was limping around for five weeks.
Speaker 2: But it did it a little pimpstick, bro.
Speaker 1: I needed more than that. I had all the drugs in the world, like not all the drugs, but like panetole and neurofirm prescribed drugs. Yeah, all the all the legal drugs, and I just popped the pills and kept on walking like I was twenty thousand steps a day limping around Europe.
Speaker 2: It was less you that would honestly injured on a holiday is probably the worst, and especially on the cobblestones, I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: No, there's no stability. My ankle's got.
Speaker 3: On like literally like I would imagine like a Wes see videos of girls like walking on the cobblestones in like little kitten hills or like hills, and I'm like, absolutely not, I'm absolutely not.
Speaker 1: But no, it was the trip of my life. Yeah, highlight lowlight, I think.
Speaker 2: Not that we have to if you don't feel like there was any type of blue light. I mean, low light would be your.
Speaker 1: Foot Yeah, low light, limping around limpy lowhan. I think my highlight was really sticking to that idea of being present and seeing the cities and getting out and doing touristic things and really making the most of my time, Like I didn't really sleep in. I was very strategic about what nights I went out to the club late, you know, so I felt very Yeah. One of the things that I've realized is that growing up in Australia we have no sense of freedom in the ocean. You go to Europe and you jump in the ocean. There's no there's no sharks there. So there's the agency which basically they've never recorded a great white there. There's no big sharks that you know, have attacked humans in over one hundred years. So you jump off the boat in the ocean and that sense of freedom is unreal. There's no fear. So for me that was a fear. Oh yeah, I'm not jumping off a boat in Sydney Harbor. I'm not spending too much time in the water at BONDI like whenever I'm in the I.
Speaker 2: Was just kayaking in the Sydney Harbour yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I mean, you've got protection, but forgot. But seriously, jumping in you know, the ocean off a yacht that it was just a private yacht for Danny and I that I hired, and it was like a dream. It was like, Wow, this is what freedom feels like. Like no fear in the ocean. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's so bougie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was so cool. Yeah, I felt very bougie. I felt like I was living my best life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys role playing well.
Speaker 1: Denny is so simple.
Speaker 2: Denny's did he love his holiday?
Speaker 1: He loved it, But he's like, you know, Denny is someone who would prefer to go to like Southeast Asia maybe like even Thailand or Bali or an Asian continent, live really like chill in like a villa that you don't have to pay much money, and like, I like the finer things in life. And I'm not a shame to admit that now, Like overseas I was, I can't for it. Yeah, I was eating the best food, you know, getting like transfers everywhere, Like I just really lived it up. And I felt like I've been so ashamed to be like, oh no, I like being bougie. But fuck that, Like that is something that is.
Speaker 2: Bougie blackfellows, and that is so okay.
Speaker 1: It's okay. And I got to a point in my life where I can be bougie. Yes, I'm like, yes, be that.
Speaker 2: Why these all these other mob can have it? Why can't we have it.
Speaker 1: I think that's the thing people have tried to make us feel like we shouldn't be bougie because we're blackfellows. Yeah, you should be humble because it's superficial. You know what, It ain't superficial. You know what it is. It is a when you're sitting there eating lobster and jumping off a yacht and eating the best and drinking the best champagne, the best rose. Like I'm not going to be ashamed of that anymore. I'm like you no, I thank you.
Speaker 2: And you know what it's You've You've planned this holiday. You know you've worked up to it. You knew how much you were spending. You knew how much money you were taking away for this particular trip. It's not like you're doing that every day, Like this is.
Speaker 1: A like budget, did not budget. I spent like forty five k.
Speaker 2: Ah my god, it.
Speaker 1: Was a lot.
Speaker 2: I can't talk. I literally bought a car for like yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm like, you know, I've just I just I just went all out. But you know I deserved. It was my thirtieth holiday.
Speaker 2: Trip exactly, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I'm really proud of you. For going and just doing what you wanted to do and how you like. I found the same thing with New York, so I understand.
Speaker 1: So what did you get up too while I was away?
Speaker 2: I finished my teeth.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh yes, beautiful? Are they whitened as well? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, VISI line. I'm done. Great, I feel so good. I really enjoy my smile, like, thank you so much to dental bootina. I can.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've got three more retainers left and then a little fixing moments of like making everything symmetrical, and then I'm done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Honestly, work has been really keeping me busy. I have doen so much trouble travel, like the last couple of weeks and whilst you're away, so my my was hit, my head down, bump up. Just been enjoying obviously time with Mim, having you know, time coming kind of back and forth to Sydney. But I'm you know, planning a holiday hopefully. I would really like to go somewhere where I can literally like go out to the beach and be stark naked and just tan my anus. Where is that a literally I'm at that point where I just want to like sun.
Speaker 1: The moon, sun the moon, you're to be.
Speaker 2: I was getting really like sun, the moon, Moon Sun.
Speaker 1: So what have you gone to a naked beach before?
Speaker 2: This is such a funny story, But like I have with an X partner of mind, like been on a like deserted island because we like helicoptered there. Obviously you know who I'm talking about. But like that was the only time I've ever been naked on a beach. Oh it was so free, like you said freedom, But the only thing was there was all these women came into this stupid island, like the there was all these what they referred to as like nervous sharks. Oh yeah, and there's like hundreds of them. So if you swim in the ocean, they come up real close, so you couldn't really swim. But being free on an island naked was quite That's a exactly what I want for my holiday. I'm like, send me, send me to the island. I want to be an island girl.
Speaker 1: You know, I've only been to a nude beach a couple of times, but you know I've never been nude. You know why? Because why because unfortunately I'm a grower, not a shower, and I feel like it's false advertisement because it looks smaller.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's so literally you say I sit where It's like, no, it's going to be just like like imagine just.
Speaker 1: Walking like no, Like I'm just sometimes i look in the mirror when I'm flatted and I'm like, that is so disappointing, Like it's such a nice boodoo, but it doesn't look like it gets there.
Speaker 2: Oh don't even I'm seeing you in your speedo's Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know, like it looks I would never go naked because it's false advertisement, Like, don't even I'm selling myself short.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. The other day, I don't know if this will be on the pod and maybe not, but like Mim had never she's like watched porn, but she's never seen like a flaccid cock. And I was like, what do you mean you've never seen us, like because she's obviously never slept.
Speaker 1: With it, duo, most of them are really ugly.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I said to her. I was like, look, I'm not gonna lie like porn definitely gives you the wrong idea of what a cock looks like. And I was like, do you want to see what a soft cock looks like and so me and her and like a friend of ours were like literally looking at flaccid dicks and it was not a turn on. I'm not gonna lie. It was traumatizing. I've even slept with men and I found it fucking traumatizing. Okay, well that's my thing I need to tick off this year is get naked out of beach. Okay, guys, you heard it here. First. First things first, I'm gonna I'm gonna be free. Well, I think because I got my surgery, I have my boobs done, I'm getting more confident in my body. Like, oh, I'm not comfortable to that much, but like, yeah, I feel like I just need to like get the freedom.
Speaker 1: And your new hair, how's that all going?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, my faux faux faux red hair something that's cool. It's fake. Yeah, it's good. I've just got regrowth at the moments when IM wearing a headband. But I love it. I feel like it's more my personality. Like I feel like you left and I I didn't know I had a life crisis. I don't know who I was without you, And I was like, you know.
Speaker 1: What, shave my hair or do I do I diet or shave it and a pixie cut.
Speaker 2: Ew what me with a PIXI cut?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely not what you mean, mate, In.
Speaker 2: No way I would look so lesbian. So letsbi on.
Speaker 1: But you are so lesbian right now?
Speaker 2: I mean my lesbian era. Okay, but I don't. I like my femininity. I liked the femin lesbian and it's the best. I can't belive I just said that. Yeah, see, you changed my identity as well. You know what, maybe I'll change my name next.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I may be in a life crisis right now. You fucking leave me for and this is what's happened.
Speaker 1: You know that's a good one. Well, I mean I think you know. I had a life crisis once when I was working way too hard for Basloman and I shaved my head and pisced both of my ears and I came to work the next day and he was like, what the fuck happened? He's like, I did not hire a mole rat. And I was like, well, we're here and we're ready to work, and I'll never do it again, so I'm not advising it.
Speaker 2: My god, we didn't work with him.
Speaker 1: I'll send you the photo. Don't worry, and I.
Speaker 2: Can just imagine, yeah, shaved head two piers here, you might as well just wear a silver chain and wear some like fucking fubu.
Speaker 1: And with that forehead, you don't shave your head. You know you have a nice bald head though some balls. It was like a number two, so I had, okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: Thank god, it's my number two. Number one.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I was yeah, I was giving, like give it, Timberlake. I was giving midlife crisis. Actually for sure, I was giving.
Speaker 2: Hopefully next week, I don't come back with the bull head.
Speaker 1: Can you just come in with a pixie pixie wig anyway, just to you know, to get to get the story out there. Let's do that, do it. Let's come in a bold cap and you come pixie weeks.
Speaker 2: Every week we come with a new wig and a new personality. Personality, personality.
Speaker 1: Well look that's a good place to wrap it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you're coming with.
Speaker 2: Next week's TikTok is.
Speaker 1: Like also speak yes, speaking of yeah, I'm culling you, barb, it's Nick Minaj. But speaking of TikTok. Next week, I want you to catch me up on some of this TikTok drama. Like, there is so much stuff going down online that I feel like I've been away from the from the you know, drama, and I feel like you're all across it. So next week I'm going to out your brain.
Speaker 2: I got a mind, Matt, ready to go, Let's do it. Let's go, and it's all lesbian dramas. Maybe like one straight dude, but let's be honest. All right, let's be honest. All right. That's all we have time for today. Thank you so much for listening to First things first.
Speaker 1: And if you love what you hear, leave us a rating and a little review.
Speaker 2: And if you want us to cover anything, even if it's the lesbian drama, reach out by aerosocials. My handle is at Brooked Up Letton and Matti's handle is that It's Maddie Mills.
Speaker 1: You mob have a deadly natoc week. Make sure you get out there to a community event. It's on all week from Sunday to Sunday, so enjoy yourself, get amongst the community. And if you need any help with what's going on you know the local events, hit me up. I'll link you.
Speaker 3: Bye bye